Hot Air poll: Who’s going to win?

posted at 12:48 pm on October 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

In which a blogger strapped for content goes gimmicky. Fear not, we’ll have an official predictions thread on Monday. I’m just curious what people are thinking at the moment — and whether I can predict the final results.

My guesses, in order: 55/14/30/<1. Go for it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Everything’s more fun with extreme language.

Marxism is the new Facism.

We’ll trade accusations of Butterfly ballots and Diebold machine chicanery for ACORN led voter fraud.

The Civilian Defense Corps will replace the Patriot Act as the boogey man that’s bugging every library checkout system.

Lefty hearts will get some much needed rest and Righties can take their place as perpetual rage machines.

Or, ManlyRash gets his way (with a little help from Rove, that magnificent bastard) and we maintain the status quo.

I’ll be honest, rage takes a lot of energy and I really don’t think I’ve got it in me, so, you’ll forgive me for hoping we pull off a win. ;)

JadeNYU on October 31, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Let me just say this.

I’m registered Republican. I’ve donated to both the McCain/Palin campaign and to the RNC, as well as small donations to many House and Senate campaigns via Slate Card.

A guy at work, registered independent.

Every day I get tons of RNC mailers pushing various messages about Barack. Never gotten a call, except for asking for more donations.

Guy at work? Nothing in the mail, and the only campaign that’s called him is Senator Governments.

Why is that? Why are they wasting money sending me mailers? I understand the daily requests for “emergency contributions”. But why am I getting stacks of message mailers, when the registered independent hasn’t gotten anything?

Makes no sense.

p0s3r on October 31, 2008 at 4:19 AM

Off topic, but good stuff: Fred Thompson will be on NBC’s “Meet The Press” news show this Sunday.

electric-rascal on October 31, 2008 at 4:33 AM

p0s3r on October 31, 2008 at 4:19 AM

Bring them into work for others to read.

WoosterOh on October 31, 2008 at 5:18 AM

My problem is with the extreme language being thrown around right now where the situation is not quite that extreme. But you’re right, economy isn’t my only issue, and overall I favor Obama.

mycowardice on October 31, 2008 at 3:04 AM

If you don’t think it’s extreme, either you’re a total lefty (maybe), or you’re very young (likely). You don’t have the experience to know how bad it will be.

The U.S. has swung so far left already, with “the O’” in office, it may well be the end of us. And it won’t be a gradual decline – you will watch it happen and not be able to do a thing about it. So enjoy the ride – it will be the most exciting rollercoaster you’ve never heard of.

Squiggy on October 31, 2008 at 5:25 AM

Squiggy on October 31, 2008 at 5:25 AM

Hear, hear. Anyone who just watched our country’s reaction to the credit crisis and doesn’t think that anti-growth, anti-individualistic economic policies represent an extreme danger is a fool, at best – and even that’s being overly generous.

People are staring down the possibility of the collapse of the world’s reserve and trade currency – something that has never happened before and no one knows what would come of it (though Warren Buffet gave a little “G-d help us” to describe how it seemed to him) – and they are acting as if, “Oh, it’s not that big of a deal. Nothing extreme.” It is quite unbelievable, frankly.

progressoverpeace on October 31, 2008 at 5:35 AM

Nigel Farndale reports Rush Limbaugh predicts Obama’s loss, McCain’s VICTORY. Cigar bet. And no dead kittens.

maverick muse on October 31, 2008 at 7:42 AM

NEWS FLASH: Just got some numbers on two rallies that occurred here in Williamsport PA yesterday!
Sarah Palin was at one of our baseball fields,, Joe Biden was at the Lycoming college.
Biden spoke on campus at 2pm,,, Sarah was at the stadium at 7:30.

Sarah Palin had 13,000 and Biden at approx 700!!
Woot!!!

JellyToast on October 31, 2008 at 7:43 AM

Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 1:54 AM

So, you’re looking to relativity to mitigate un-conservative voting behavior?

C’mon! Get real. Her physical beauty has zero to do with it and it takes a very small effort for a person who leans conservative to take the plunge by rejecting identity politics and becoming a full blown conservative.

You seem to be missing what it means to be a committed conservative. There are superficial things we can do, but it takes a REAL committed effort to conservative ideals before you can call yourself a conservative in the class with Reagan etc.

And your ad hominem attacks puts a bright light on the fact that you are totally ignorant of the concept of true conservatism.

You do not need to attack people. It demeans you more in the eyes of others more than the person you attack.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 7:50 AM

someone give me a logical reason why McCain will win

tomas on October 31, 2008 at 8:02 AM

someone give me a logical reason why McCain will win

tomas on October 31, 2008 at 8:02 AM

The better question is this: Considering Obama’s history of vile associations and radical leftist leanings, can you give us a logical reason why anyone would vote for Obama?

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 8:07 AM

11000 votes, but only 50 people post comments here. Hmmmm.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 8:08 AM

are there seriously that many people on hotair who are just in flat out denial?

I was in denial a month ago.

Now im already in acceptance mode, and the election isnt even until tuesday.

obama will win the pop and ec. democrats will probably make massive gains in congress.

game over man, game over.

triple on October 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM

McCain wins electoral college, loses popular vote…America burns.

labrat on October 31, 2008 at 8:15 AM

ok just to emphasize how much of a miracle mccain would need to pull off:

1) every single one of the battleground states would have to break mccain

2) he’d have to keep all the 04 states

now, knowing that: hes currently behind (or far behind) in almost every bg state. hes not even secure in all bush 04 states. he has ZERO shot of grabbing a blue state.

we need to find out obama raped his kids or something for this election to break.

triple on October 31, 2008 at 8:16 AM

McCain wins electoral college, loses popular vote…America burns.

labrat on October 31, 2008 at 8:15 AM

Is it wrong for me to wish I still lived in a city with a large urban population so I can roam the streets on the evening of Nov 4th with my pistol looking for innocent persons to protect?

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 8:18 AM

triple on October 31, 2008 at 8:16 AM

McCain will win the election.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 8:19 AM

triple on October 31, 2008 at 8:16 AM

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 8:21 AM

11000 votes, but only 50 people post comments here. Hmmmm. – Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 8:08 AM

Have you considered that those not registered to comment are permitted to vote? Or that there are far more than 50 registered commenters and not every registered commenter contributes regularly?

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 8:22 AM

When you look at the reality of Obama’s life and his associations with terrorists, black supremests, and crooks,raping his kids wont matter one bit to the moron’s who are going to vote for Obama. – csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 8:21 AM

There are not as many morons as you fear – certainly not enough to get Obama elected.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 8:23 AM

someone give me a logical reason why McCain will win – tomas on October 31, 2008 at 8:02 AM

A majority of voters will vote for him. Can’t get more logical than that.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 8:24 AM

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Who says only the large cities will have trouble?

Buy ammo this weekend everyone – they may have to lock it all up by Wednesday morning!

Just staying confident!

InTheBellyoftheBeast on October 31, 2008 at 8:35 AM

The poster known as Sarah P, who Rush quoted yesterday, posted another comment at HillBuzz last night.

I was going to write a long response to validate and defend myself, but I just don’t feel that its necessary. I am sorry some feel offended by my post. I have no shame or guilt, we all have careers but don’t necessarily agree with the boss. My duties are so benign and clerical that I don’t have a hand in what I feel is a “game”. The “game” as I see it is much like a play on vanity, its a ruffle up your feathers to appear larger kind of game. The campaign is now nearing 1 billion dollars, a 1 billion dollar campaign. Can you imagine, if 1 little girl came forth and tried to take on that kind of establishment. I am not the person for that, and its not possible for me to do without implosion. I am not sure I can offer much up that would take notice in the MSM and get reported. My story would not make news, its not newsworthy. Its not illegal, the ideas I am suggesting. Its smoke and mirrors, sure. Its playing with emotions, absolutely. But, to the masses and to the pundits it would be viewed as “campaigning” and you would be told that it was just Obama being the “better” campaigner.

The truth is simple. The idea is to appear as a winner. To deflate your opponent. To overwhelm your opponent. To confuse your opponent. And to own the airwaves. There was a mass coordination on foreigners to visit online sites and vote to declare who won in the debates. Did you notice that John Mccain seemed to lose and lose badly every time. Where did all those voters come from?

I could explain more, but my point wasn’t to dissect and draw this into a debate. My point was simple, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever considered myself a person who would vote for a “repug” as some like to call them. I have been involved in two elections and voted twice now. Straight democrat. I now see the truth, and the truth is to vote for what is best for our country. Vote not on emotion and don’t lose yourself to a game of mirrors. This election is down to a candidate that wants to win for his own desires and down to a candidate that wants to win for the country. Don’t allow yourself to be told what is right by anyone, review the facts, take a long good look at the candidate and decide what you believe is the right choice for us, for everyone in the united states. Your vote is your vote. Don’t allow a massive machine to feed you the answer.

I wrote the initial post to tell everyone to remain calm, stay firm in your convictions, vote with your heart don’t let the news and polls keep you and your will down. The news channels, the advertisements, the polls, are not the truth. They are not the truth. The truth is inside the people. Don’t be discouraged, and don’t give up.

And please, just ignore any oppositional voice on any forum, youtube, etc. Ask yourself one question, would there really be this much activity and opposition all on its own? Or were they sent, was this their mission? What seems more plausible?

How about the polls, how were the skewed? Take a look at the internals, always. But, above that think about something. How wold a polling company get paid? How would this be a viable business just on its own? They get paid by networks, ever notice how every two hours there is a pollster being interviewed and talking about his polls. Ever notice, the polls one day will have Barack Obama leading by 12, then the next day leading by 5, then the next day up to 8. How is that possible? Think about just one poll, that has Barack up 13 points, how badly would that destroy the average? Don’t you think it would be pretty easy to put together a few Pollsters to stick a few high polls up to throw off the average? This then makes other pollsters question their techniques, then they question the electorate and devise some kind of formula. They see their numbers as say Barack Obama up by 3, but they see another poll with Barack Obama up 13. They then formulate that there is problem, maybe some truth in the 13 poll, but that its overly exaggerated and that their poll is maybe too conservative so they then take their 3 and bump it up to say a 5-6. Its to split the difference, and the thought is that John Mccain doesn’t have the enthusiasm that Barack Obama does, so they give a weight adjustment that favors the democrat.

Lets just keep this simple, the race is 2-3 points in favor of Barack Obama. This is the internal truth. However, there is strong internal fear that there is no more votes left for him to pick up. Currently we see him at only 46% of the vote. Maybe 48% maximum.

If that wasn’t the truth, if all the polls were correct. Then why would there be a need for a 30 minute spot on all the networks. The goal from now and until next tuesday is to pick up 2 more percentage points. That is the goal. That is what the campaign is working on right now. That is the focus.

All the polls will all end up being around 3 point difference come monday. There will be a few rogue polls who will stick to their inflated numbers to help as that is their job, to help. but most will show it a 3 point race come monday.

The winner will be based on turnout, thats the secret, thats why you have seen so much opposition.”

Marsh on October 31, 2008 at 8:42 AM

are there seriously that many people on hotair who are just in flat out denial? game over man, game over.
triple on October 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM

It’s true, sad but true!

We need to get back to what made Us the party of the people. That is our conservative roots! Ronaldo Maximus!
Look at how Gov. Palin packs a crowd!

I heard the other day we have two choices this election vote for the Democrat or the Marxist. The people have no idea they are electing the Marxist.

This is what the GOP has become, “democrat like”.

The Dems and main stream media will loudly boast after this election that it is a repudiation of conservatives. It is not! But rather our “RINO” cousins.

Republicans need to start defining conservatism and recruiting conservative candidates for all levels of government starting next week….

IMHO

CinC on October 31, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Also, (beginning in the midst of the voices in my head having a heated debate) as to logical support for a McCain win – The election is Tuesday Nov 4th, not daily at the behest of all of the damn pollsters! Polls showing a win for one’s chosen candidate tend to suppress the vote for that candidate – as in Carter conceding in 80 before the polls closed in CA thus suppressing the Reagan vote and related coattails.

So right now, it is in the best interests of both candidates to show a close contest to get out the vote. This is a GOTV year like none other, sooooo GO VOTE!

Plus, the wicked, cheating GOP knows how to steal elections (being sarcastic here folks so save your ammo for the bad guys).

InTheBellyoftheBeast on October 31, 2008 at 8:48 AM

[someone give me a logical reason why McCain will win - tomas on October 31, 2008]

A) McCain does not have the complete backing of the conservative base and Obama has a broader appeal

B)Obama had triple the money of McCain

C)McCain ran a very poor campaign

D)The media hailed Obama, buried his negatives, and covered McCain most negatively.

E)Obama is young and more telegenic

F)Bush fatigue…Obama is the antithesis of Bush and history shows when an election is held after a two term presidency, the opposition party takes the Whitehouse.

I wish it weren’t true but I’m not going to delude myself

Goodeye_Closed on October 31, 2008 at 8:57 AM

11000 votes, but only 50 people post comments here. Hmmmm.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 8:08 AM

Obviously commenters aren’t the only visitors to this site.

Ernest on October 31, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Who says only the large cities will have trouble?

InTheBellyoftheBeast on October 31, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Because mobs are cowardly and only act out when they are sure they have superior numbers.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Who says only the large cities will have trouble?

InTheBellyoftheBeast on October 31, 2008 at 8:35 AM

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Look at the Celebration Riots in Philly this week. Or those after every Super Bowl!

I hate to say this, next week there are going to be celebration riots or protest riots.

The emotional build up makes this an unavoidable truth.

IMHO

CinC on October 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM

So, since most of you think McCain will win, how much money are you willing to bet on that?

And Manly, you thought my 51%(Ob)/48%(Mc)/1%(Others) was wrong, so what’s your prediction?

I do think most of you are in denial.

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 9:23 AM

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 9:23 AM

McCain wins. Obama loses.

I do think most of you are in denial.

Only if there is something to deny. The election hasn’t happened yet.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:35 AM

11000 votes, but only 50 people post comments here. Hmmmm.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 8:08 AM

In my experience, Dave, most of those who are registered don’t comment. And many, many readers are not registered.

Jaibones on October 31, 2008 at 9:36 AM

11000 votes, but only 50 people post comments here. Hmmmm.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 8:08 AM

A post from Dave Rywall. Hmmmmm.

Daily unique visits to HotAir average about 730,000. So far today as of this post: 120,000.

Now you can “Hmmmmm” to yourself that less than 10 percent of those that have visited voted in this poll.

Rod on October 31, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Percentages and EV estimates, Manly, please.

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 10:15 AM

Checking in from Okie land. With permission of Hot Air I remind everyone of the rules of Alinsky:

and wish to draw particular attention to the 1st and the 12th.
Very iinteresting, no?
Mac 46%, That One 48%; Mac wins by 18 in EC.
Magazine slap.

OkieDoc on October 31, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Percentages and EV estimates, Manly, please. – jim m on October 31, 2008 at 10:15 AM

McCain will win more than 50% of the popular vote and more than 570 electoral votes.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 7:50 AM

You are getting more incoherent by the post.

When you get fully back on your medications, kick the drug habit and have completed 12 weeks in AA, then you may get back to me.

Until then
, consider yourself talking and debating with your inner demons, when you post on this subject.

Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 11:16 AM

I’ll take that EV bet. How much money do you want to wager? (I’ll take the McCain gets less than 570 EVs bet).

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM

McCain will win the EV, but, I would sell that particular EV contract to you on Intrade.com @ 50 cents on the dollar and not lose the bet. – Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Whatever that means. I don’t follow Intrade. I know only that McCain is going to win the election. The breakdown of popular and electoral votes is of no interest to me except to say that he will win both. By how much, precisely, I haven’t a clue and am not so foolish as to hazard a guess.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:35 AM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Vashta.Nerada on October 31, 2008 at 11:55 AM

It’s too late now for this particular election issue, but on Intrade.com they will actually take up people suggestions what contract options, traders would like to trade on.

They don’t foot the money for the trades, they merely profit a percentage from the trades taken or given.

They took up a suggestion of mine the other day.

The trader that is the most important is the originating seller. Without the seller there is no trade to buy from, you see.

Because if I sell you a position on “McCain wins by 570 EV” @ 10 cents on the dollar, for example, then I have to have 90 cents per position of real hard money in the margin bank account that gets frozen, just to offer the trade, in case it moves in favor of the buyer at expiration, which in this case would be when McCain wins with 570 EV.

But my safe bet would be that McCain wins, but not by 570 EV.
So, I sure as hell would sell to any trader willing to buy my offer at whatever we agree on, because I’m pretty sure that I would win and you would lose!!

That…. explains the Intrade market.

Now that’s…. groovy.

Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 11:57 AM

You are getting more incoherent by the post.

Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I agree and it’s clear that you are struggling with the facts. Notice how the more detail I give you the more personal attacks you level at me?

Your tactics are the same tactics that the liberals use when they are caught with their foot in their mouths. EG: Joe The Plumber. And honestly, your behavior is just as disturbing. Defend your argument or admit defeat. Any other response from you belongs on the schoolyard with the kindergartners.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 12:07 PM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 8:23 AM

I was going to answer csdeven’s question, but MR beat me to it. It is scary enough that we have the number of morons in this country that we do. It’s just the way ‘humanity’ is divvied up.

p.s. I’ll take 271 EVs.

Entelechy on October 31, 2008 at 12:12 PM

They are referring to your typo of 570 EVs. I assume you meant more than 270 EVs, as 570 is more than exist. – Vashta.Nerada on October 31, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Quite right. I always had trouble with numbers. I’m a words kinda guy.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 11:57 AM

*eyes glaze over*

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 12:17 PM

THE TIDE IS TURNING ON YOU, YOU OBAMA-IMBECILES

marklmail on October 31, 2008 at 12:26 PM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Can you name one rational reason to vote for Obama after a thorough examination of his record and associations? I’ve tried and I can’t find a single redeeming quality that can mitigate his character flaws.

My point wasn’t that he will get elected, my point was that it is disturbing that there are that many people in this country that do see redeeming qualities in Obama. The one bright spot is that the dems have had to mount a Herculean effort to lift every rock, search every cesspool, beat every bush, and register every fake person they could imagine to get the support that he has.

And after McCain wins, they will all go back to where they came from and we will be left with the usual trolls and moonbats that we have been dealing with for years.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 12:37 PM

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 12:37 PM

I wish this were true. I am afraid the “Herculean effort” will succeed. It will be the GOP defending their ideals for the next two years.

CinC on October 31, 2008 at 12:49 PM

CinC on October 31, 2008 at 12:49 PM

I have faith. Manlyrash says that those dumbasses couldn’t find their ass with both hands and wont be able to find their polling place either.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Its a perfect storm.
1. Economy
2. Voter Fraud
3. Extreme media bias
4. Misaligned GOP
5. Unpopular President
6. 600 Million dollar Obama fund raising

CinC on October 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM

I’m not sure this is true (I don’t know how you define “base,” I don’t include libertarians into the “base” – do you?) — the Palin pick helped with many conservatives. But in any event whatever their number, the impact is small. There’s no Perot-type option this year. Maybe some stay home or pull the lever for someone else (how many pull the lever for Obama?!), but then I would not call those folks “base” voters…. those are libertarians and independents who sometimes vote for Republicans.

B)Obama had triple the money of McCain

Money does not buy votes. In my neighborhood, there are more Obama signs than people willing to display them (campaign workers are simply adding more signs to the existing lawns). And, for some attentive voters, Obama’s hypocrisy on campaign finance will tip them towards McCain on character issues.

C)McCain ran a very poor campaign

This can only be judged when we see the election results.
Personally, I think McCain chose to run a conservative, slightly defensive campaign because he knew the O! and their allies in the media were spinning the “McCain is an irrational, erratic, angry, white old man” theme.

Yes, the media has been biased for Obama… but people like Tito and Joe show that voters can see past that. In addition, many voters are tiring of Obama — he’s been over-exposed in the popular media (not in terms of serious investigative journalism, obviously).

E)Obama is young and more telegenic

Two words: Sarah Palin.
Really, McCain has been energized since picking Sarah and the whole campaign’s image has been uplifted. McCain and Palin look great — and appropriate — together. The Pres nominee “should” be older than the VP. Obama’s relative youth could hurt him with some voters.

Do you mean like George H.W. Bush?
Seriously, though, with the dems controlling congress — and their dreadful mishandling of the drilling issue as well as the bailout — I think the “let’s change parties in the WH” effect is minimized.

I wish it weren’t true but I’m not going to delude myself

Goodeye_Closed on October 31, 2008 at 8:57 AM

Depressed or happy, I trust you will go out and vote for McCain.

I believe he’s going to win and I’m not delusional. The problems with the polls are almost all slanted to produce a positive effect for Obama. People are quietly going to vote for McCain.

Y-not on October 31, 2008 at 1:44 PM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

ManlyRash, I love your optimism. My wife is not so sure.

Rod on October 31, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Just say NO to Teleprompter & His Puppet-Masters

Gulf Coast on October 31, 2008 at 4:34 PM

ManlyRash, I love your optimism. My wife is not so sure. I told her that ManlyRash said the McCain is going to win. She looked at me is disgust and said, “So the rash is talking to you now, huh? Must of learned how from that other talking appendage of yours that it surrounds.” – Rod on October 31, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Dear Rod,

My advice is to pimp slap her until she comes to her senses. And use Gold Bond Medicated powder for that rash.

Regards,

Manly

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 4:55 PM

McCain wins electoral college and popular vote 48% (6,491 votes)

Woof!

DannoJyd on October 31, 2008 at 5:00 PM

apacalyps on October 31, 2008 at 6:52 PM

“Stay Classy, GOP Elite.”

apacalyps on October 31, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Once Barack Hussein Obama wins the election and becomes the next President of this here United States, let’s all stand up and thank the Liberals and the Republican establishment. They deserve a big round of applause. Without them, none of this would be possible. – apacalyps on October 31, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah…now go back to getting your white robe ready for the Rapture.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 7:14 PM

I’ll start on-topic. I think McCain has a good chance to take the election, but the DT/BT media (Dead Tree / Big Three) has a stake in the reporting of election night. By showing Obama with a big lead today, only to have that dwindle by election day, makes people want to watch and stay tuned into their election night coverage. If it’s a blow-out, the President-elect will be revealed sometime shortly after California closes its polls. If it’s closer, they’ll string you along as long as they think they can. Remember when the the winners were declared in 2000 and 2004? The more commercials they can goad the viewer into watching, the better it is for them.

Now, this is definitely not scientific, probably OT and not meant to be a come-on for the auction, but ebaY is auctioning Cabbage Patch Kids dolls of the Presidential candidates and their running mates. The numbers currently are:

3,650.00 Cabbage Patch Kids Vice President Candidate Sarah Palin
$1,025.00 Cabbage Patch Kids Presidential Candidate John McCain
$710.00 Cabbage Patch Kids Vice President Candidate Joe Biden
$1,225.00 Cabbage Patch Kids Presidential Candidate Barack Obama

Of course bidding on a doll is not voting for a president, but I think it’s interesting that Obama has a slight lead over McCain, yet Palin is smokin’ them all (~3 to 1 over Obama)!

Happy Halloween,

DuffBeer on October 31, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Percentages and EV estimates, Manly, please.

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 10:15 AM

and

I wish it weren’t true but I’m not going to delude myself
Goodeye_Closed on October 31, 2008 at 8:57 AM

It’s the fourth quarter, we’re behind 48 to 46 and we’ve got the ball. There’s two minutes to go.

And you two want to forfeit.

That’s not how you play the game of football politics.

IT AIN’T OVER! Deal with it.

Squiggy on October 31, 2008 at 8:00 PM

The poll results reveal a lot of wishful thinking.

JIMV on October 31, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Its a perfect storm.
1. Economy
2. Voter Fraud
3. Extreme media bias
4. Misaligned GOP
5. Unpopular President
6. 600 Million dollar Obama fund raising

CinC on October 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM

That would be true if the DEMs has nominated a safe candidate.

Instead the DEMS nominated the most marginalizing candidate in the history of our nation.

This fool Obama was so arrogant he decided to win bigger by trashing Hillary and tearing down the legacy of President Bill Clinton

Obama is the most perfect storm candidate for the GOP.

The GOP has the White House during a war, a depression, amd a party purge and still is well within within margins of undecided.

Guarantee most undecideds are still out there not because they hate McCain but because they fear Obama and his stand against the American way of life.

His stupid push to build a new America has helped elevate Palin into the mainstream

The perfect storm is there, and Obama has to retract his message to change his appeal to the undecided while McCain is already positioned to reassure the undecideds

Whoda guessed? Not me amonth ago!

entagor on October 31, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Headliner on Drudge, McCain up one over Obama in 1 day polling

I guess the pollsters want their credibility back and are going to begin to reflect what is really happening. This race is swinging toward McCain and it can’t be hidden any longer.

The Real Clear Politics average goes back for 2 weeks, to it is not a statistically valid measurement this close to the actual vote date. Now the polls that measure the race probably need to be within the past 48 hours to be useful.

karenhasfreedom on October 31, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah…now go back to getting your white robe ready for the Rapture.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Do you have a point or are you just slobbering all over your keyboard (as usual!), huh?

apacalyps on November 1, 2008 at 12:47 AM

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 8:18 AM

No, planning on roaming around armed “looking for” someone to shoot sounds perfectly sane. You sound like a Croatian soccer hooligan…just not as smart.

The Race Card on November 1, 2008 at 2:51 AM

The Race Card on November 1, 2008 at 2:51 AM

Tell that to Reginald Denny.

You are an ignorant douchebag.

csdeven on November 1, 2008 at 7:59 AM

If that isn’t enough for you, try this. But we all know you wont because, well, that is who you are.

csdeven on November 1, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Your just going to look foolish the day after the election with your numerous proclamations of certain McCain victory based nothing more then some factual data in your head which you refuse to share with anyone.

Bullsh*t Ric. Win or lose it Manlyrash is admirable and right to stay positive and fight till the end. You’re assinine to suggest he will look foolish in doing so.

He would be hardpressed to sound more foolish than you just did.

Have you ever played a sport? Get a clue pal.

lisalj on November 1, 2008 at 10:08 AM

He would be hardpressed to sound more foolish than you just did.
Have you ever played a sport? Get a clue pal.
lisalj on November 1, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Leave him be, Lisa. He’s just doing his job as a good Obamabot troll. After November 4 he’ll be irrelevant.

ManlyRash on November 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM