New ACORN ad: McCain’s a racist for objecting to our many, many bogus voter registrations

posted at 6:35 pm on October 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

How many? Just 400,000, enough to warrant a multistate FBI investigation. Here’s their reply to McCain and the RNC for calling attention to it: A mournful Ken Burns homage that all but compares him to George Wallace. Which wouldn’t be the first time that grenade’s been tossed at him lately.

You know the election’s close when accusations of bigotry start coming this close together. It’s like contractions during pregnancy. Exit question: Will The One fall into his old habit of warning the electorate not to let McCain “hoodwink” or “bamboozle” them during his transmission from Mt. Olympus tonight?

Comments

Did any federal funds pay for that pos?

sheesh on October 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Maybe they paid for it with part of the $800K Barry’s campaign gave them….

Lurking Vet on October 29, 2008 at 8:51 PM

I’m on my fourth draft of this post. It’s hard to be this disgusted without being profane.

We’re all supposed to believe Barack Obama is a shining, brilliant, transformative figure, the one African-American who can be deemed worthy of the Presidency. He represented and trained organizers for ACORN, who produced this spot with the morphing dork who, somehow, couldn’t find his way into a voting booth since 1960 because he’s “intimidated.”

Why would this man — at the youngest, 68 years old, being 21 in 1960 — be intimidated decades after the Civil Rights Act? I have no choice but to believe that he’s too freaking stupid to know there’s no risk involved in voting!

One of the reasons this black man is proud not to call himself a liberal is because of stinking bovine biscuits like this ad.

L.N. Smithee on October 29, 2008 at 8:59 PM

He was intimidated out of voting in 1980, because the ballots were all printed in English and he can’t read. Tragically, he died in 1982, but, thanks to ACORN, he has voted in every election since then.

Voting for Democrats is your right. Making sure you can do it multiple times in the same election with out regard to your legal or metabolic status is our job.

morganfrost on October 29, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Don’t know what to say to this. Am to mad. Will zip lips.

sheebe on October 29, 2008 at 9:59 PM

Yup, I’m a racist, you’re a racist, he’s a racist… We’re all racists!!!!!!!!! Yay!

4shoes on October 29, 2008 at 10:05 PM

RICO…..suave……

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 29, 2008 at 10:12 PM

4shoes on October 29, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Incorrect. You are too stupid to know that you are a racist.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 29, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Why don’t white people need help registering to vote? Are we smarter? More capable of finding the polling places? Somehow superior to other races?
No, no and NO! We don’t need help. We haven’t been conditioned to uselessness. We haven’t ever been deemed helpless.
What does this say about Acorn? Is their opinion of minorities so low that they assume they need help voting? Raising kids? Feeding themselves? Getting jobs?

Doug on October 29, 2008 at 10:21 PM

It’s all about race. Everything.

If you hear a lie repeated long enough, you will believe it.

I think the use of Amazing Grace bugs me more. It’s my favorite hymn. It’s also considered by many to be America’s hymn. Unfortunately, most don’t grasp the significance of the lyrics.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promis’d good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine.

Lord reveal yourself to us so that we may see our wretchedness in comparison and our desperate need for your son’s work on the cross.

shick on October 29, 2008 at 10:25 PM

According to my family, they’re infesting Albuquerque.

baldilocks on October 29, 2008 at 8:31 PM

…the Hispanos I was referring to are the descendents of rather early (17th Century, I think) arrivals to old New Mexico, who live in the center of the state, I believe…their Spanish has many expressions unique to them…and many are indeed poor…although that shouldn’t be taken as a rule….

…the problem with poverty politically is that some seem to think that it confers nobility…I don’t come from an affluent family…I’ve never been affluent…and any nobility I may possess (and, looking in the mirror, that ain’t much!) doesn’t come from my thin resources or less-than-trendy wardrobe….

…providentially, today we have enough…not much, but enough…and I’ve never once had trouble voting so long as I’ve arrived at the polls on time…and I’ve voted in every election since 1976, including local races by absentee ballot, congressional dust-ups, as well as presidential passion plays….

…then again, I’m in the wrong demographic for anyone to worry about or cater to me…I’m a white male head of household…all the white Lefties expect me to think for myself…the expectations are higher….

…while my black neighbors are expected by that same gaggle of altruists-for-public-consumption to be socially crippled…what sort of racism is that?!

Puritan1648 on October 29, 2008 at 11:00 PM

shick on October 29, 2008 at 10:25 PM

…in our hymnal, there’re only four verses…the last of which is my favorite:

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise,
Than when we’d first begun.

It give me hope.

I’ve actually seen people “edit” it…the whole concept of people describing themselves as “wretches” bothers folks, much as references to blood bothers people in hymns like “Rock of Ages”. They call ’em “blood hymns”…and seem to miss the point.

I’ve heard that in Robert Schuller’s church’s hymnal (or whatever they use), the second line has been changed to “Which saved and strengthened me”. It’s something to do with self-esteem…in which Mr. Schuller is keenly interested.

This is no criticism of Mr. Schuller. We’re all welcome to our opinions (so long as it doesn’t send people astray)…it just seems strange…being a natural, confirmed and practiced daily sinner, and yet being tender about ones self-esteem in the presence of a perfect and just God.

Strange indeed.

Puritan1648 on October 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Steyn and others are right. It is the Democrats that are racist! I am voting for McCain because of WHO he is and not because he is paler than milk or glass. And when Jindal runs for POTUS, I will vote for him because of WHO his is and not because his skin is of an Indian pigmentation!

Would these people ever shut up if we in unison just said we are racists? Would they go away? Would they grow a brain? They are pushing folks away from Obama with junk like this!

freeus on October 29, 2008 at 11:21 PM

According to my family, they’re infesting Albuquerque.

baldilocks on October 29, 2008 at 8:31 PM

The infestation I was referring to was ACORN.

baldilocks on October 30, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Oh come on, don’t be ridiculous. I would never allow myself to be too intimidated to vote. I would be like those people in Iraq with their inked fingers. I’d be there life or death. This man only has himself to blame if he doesn’t vote. It is a personality defect, not a political issue.

doncow on October 30, 2008 at 12:52 AM

Race is not THE issue. However, it is an issue. I don’t like the fact that race is part of the deal this time around. Like Dan The Neighbor I certainly won’t vote for Barak Obama but it has absolutely nothing to do with his race and it has everything to do with his politics. He does not represent any of my values. I could vote for a conservative person of color quite easily if they did represent values I belive in. Change and/or Hope are not values. They instead are mindless mantras that can mean anything to anyone. They can be co-opted in the minds of the electorate to represent their values whether they really do or not. Race is an issue in this election because Barak and the news media want it to be. Other than fringe wackos, few real people on the Right are even bringing it up. Virtually all the racial hate and bigoted comments are originating from the Left in this cycle. Much of it is in the form of “Pre-emptive retoric” from Obama himself, purporting to say what McCain “will say” in the future, sometime. (Of course, that he didn’t really say it at all doesn’t seem to count for anything.)The truth is that race is a bigger factor in black and hispanic participation in the vote than any white prejudice, real or imagined.

Snuffy on October 30, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Also, I have voted in most elections since 1970 and I have never witnessed any intimidation of minority voters at any of the poles I’ve been to. If it happens it must be rare and isolated. Intimidation or voter fraud, etc. must be considered abhorent to any patriotic American citizen. It totally corrupts our government. The issue of illegal voters, be they Mexican Nationals or dead citizens should be investigated everytime and prosecuted everytime.

Snuffy on October 30, 2008 at 2:28 AM

Can someone tell me what race Mickey mouse

Mickey Mouse is a black rodent. No white rodents were registered.

sdd on October 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Incorrect. You are too stupid to know that you are a racist.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 29, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Whoa there Doc. I was just being a bit hysterically sarcastic. What’s with the name calling?

4shoes on October 30, 2008 at 8:07 AM

There’s more good news. The NY Post today (10/30/08) has a report that Mayor Bloomberg is refusing to release nearly 20 million in funds to the corrupt NYC Board of Elections because it won’t disclose what it wants to do with those funds. The funds were supposedly to be used for something called “Help America Vote” which sounds suspiciously like an ACORN operation. Fifteen million dollars not going to ACORN or its affiliates, that’s change we can believe in.

eaglewingz08 on October 30, 2008 at 8:35 AM

I thought Acorn wuz a non-partiaian organization,they are calling out Mac in this ad.

This ad is BS, there was nothing in 2000 that stopped him from voting. He just needed to vote one time and be legally registered in his district.

la.rt.wngr on October 30, 2008 at 11:14 AM