Barbara West on Biden reaction: “I question what it bodes for what might happen after the election”; Update: O’Reilly video added

posted at 8:58 pm on October 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

Don’t we all. I’m giving you this in lieu of the vid of her O’Reilly appearance, which was a surprise snoozer. Bill wanted to know if she was as tough today in her interview with McCain as she was on Biden; judge for yourself. Like I said in this weekend’s post, her questions seem framed not to elicit an informative response so much as an irritated reaction. It’s good television — anything that breaks up the usual catatonic recitation of talking points is welcome — but for all the rhetoric here about the importance of getting answers before the votes are cast, she didn’t get much out of either Biden or McCain.

That said, conservative regard for the media is now so low that evenhandedness even in the context of squirm journalism is enough to make her a momentary righty folk hero.

Update: Here’s the O’Reilly clip.

Comments

She also just did a piece on The Factor. She was very good. Says she has received 12K emails just today and judging from the subjects, a lot of positive ones.

carbon_footprint on October 27, 2008 at 9:00 PM

once again, it’s about her, not about biden. just as it was about joe the plumber, not about obama.

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:00 PM

It “bodes” that after McPalin win, the press is going to have to figure out how to save their own flailing asses after trying to sell-out their own nation to the pretender.

Bishop on October 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Man, look at that drudge headline…

ABCCBSNBCNYTLATWSJCNN
MSNBCAPREUTERSAFPPOLITCO
FTTIMEWASHPOSTNEWSWEEK:
CAN THEY ALL BE WRONG?

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM

By the way, I recall seeing a comment somewhere that Ms. West was actually quite liberal.

carbon_footprint on October 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Gulag for you young lady.

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:02 PM

OT. I’m from Tampa, but I hope the rays lose the next game so there is no game 6 for Obama’s 30 minute re-education lesson.

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Hot stuff. how come all the conservative chicks are hot hot HOT!!!

Roger Waters on October 27, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Phillies 2 up ..bottom of second.

redrock on October 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM

ABCCBSNBCNYTLATWSJCNN
MSNBCAPREUTERSAFPPOLITCO
FTTIMEWASHPOSTNEWSWEEK

Okay I’m tired and I don’t get the headline. Do they mean the media coverage or polls from those sources?

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM

carbon_footprint on October 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Wikipedia says she’s a registered republican.

And, yes, I too am amazed that she has a wikipedia entry over this.

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Polls, I assume

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Hot stuff. how come all the conservative chicks are hot hot HOT!!!

Roger Waters on October 27, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Well, for one they bathe.

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Interesting.

carbon_footprint on October 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM

ABCCBSNBCNYTLATWSJCNNMSNBCAPREUTERSAFPPOLITCOFTTIMEWASHPOSTNEWSWEEK: CAN THEY ALL BE WRONG? – lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM

In a word…YES. Next qustion.

ManlyRash on October 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM

I want a balanced media we are getting the Obamamedia.

I will take a Barbara West over a Keith Olbermann.

William Amos on October 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Exactly.

It really wasn’t a very good interview, but the O! campaign’s reaction to it is telling.

Y-not on October 27, 2008 at 9:08 PM

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Orlando here, I feel the exact same way!

javamartini on October 27, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Some questions are more questionable than others.

profitsbeard on October 27, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Whats the website to send an email to her?

jaboba on October 27, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Hey Allah, I know this picture is fuzzy but it’s my favorite… it’s her anti-che pose… make it a caption picture…

ninjapirate on October 27, 2008 at 9:09 PM

It is important to get these answers before the election

Where was this attitude six months or a year ago? I lazy, self serving, agenda driven media is how we got both of these candidates to begin with.

Tommy_G on October 27, 2008 at 9:10 PM

William Amos on October 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Roger that.

1. I appreciate the balance and…
B. I secretly enjoy watching them squirm when the shoes on the other foot.

hee hee

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Well, for one they bathe.
hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM

For two, they don’t need to shave their faces.

Bishop on October 27, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Lorien: I guess the silver lining is that IBD is not there and they were the closest polls in the 2004 election.

carbon_footprint on October 27, 2008 at 9:11 PM

I want to know about where all this money is coming from, and why there is really no investigation into this huge gargantuan pile of money. I mean is it earmarked for redistribution LOL!

Dr Evil on October 27, 2008 at 9:12 PM

McCain damn well better have an ad running this week asking the simple question, “What do you REALLY know about Barack Obama?”

Elizabetty on October 27, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Ugh, I thought the questions were (mostly) over-the-top.

If she really wanted “answers to these issues”, there was a better way (I think) of phrasing them.

SteveMG on October 27, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Biden’s response.

MirCat on October 27, 2008 at 9:13 PM

SteveMG on October 27, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Yeah, I thought the same thing. She didn’t ask any real followups or anything. She was gaming for the reaction she got.

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:14 PM

IF elected, Hussein will see to it that the FCC license for her station be yanked.

madmonkphotog on October 27, 2008 at 9:15 PM

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Sorry, both of you. I enjoyed it and you can’t change that. There has been so little to enjoy with the media this campaign. Don’t poo-poo our little moment in the sun.

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:16 PM

O/T — Anyone see this?

Apparently, Bomber Billy Ayers thinks the Republicans “should get over it” and leave his traitorous ass alone.

So he can continue his subversive ways unmolested, I guess.

I got news for Billy: I’ll get over it when he’s dead. Or at least locked away in a small, damp cell for a very long time.

New Yorkers seem to like him, though.

MrScribbler on October 27, 2008 at 9:17 PM

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Plus, she’s a bit of a cougar, growl big girl!

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:18 PM

MrScribbler on October 27, 2008 at 9:17 PM

I sure did. I think I might like a job making the rest of his life miserable. I’d tell him every time he complained, oh get over it.

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Naw. She didn’t let McCain off either. She’s a keeper.

watson007 on October 27, 2008 at 9:19 PM

She only had so much time to quiz him.
Good job, with the clock ticking.

pambi on October 27, 2008 at 9:19 PM

I don’t care how the questions were phrased or what kind of reaction she wanted. It is about time that someone, anyone asked some hard questions of the democrats. Where is it written that conservatives or Republicans have to be fair all of the time?

Vince on October 27, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Khalid al Mansour doesn’t even have a Wikipedia entry

econavenger on October 27, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Elizabetty on October 27, 2008 at 9:12 PM

There is nothing wrong with your coming life. Do not attempt to adjust your income. I will control your life. If I wish to make you richer, I will lift up your income. If we wish to make you poorer, I will crush you with taxes. I can reduce your life to a living Hell, or sharpen it to Heavenly wonderfulness. I will control your ups. I will control your downs. For the next eight sixteen years, sit quietly and obediently and I will control all that you see, hear and feel. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to THE OBAMA SOCIALIST NATION UNLIMITED.
– The One

MB4 on October 27, 2008 at 9:21 PM

BHO, like all good marxists and socialists don’t take “hard” questions from the press (or plumbers)unless the questions concern where to buy the best argula…

Gohawgs on October 27, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Good point, let’s look at what we have now………..

Can anyone name a single government agency that is not filled with waste, fraud, and abuse?

And if you are the “American Citizen” that is wronged, you can’t sue “government” or its “agents”……. so what will you do? Go to the press?

Sorry, that story will not be allowed to be published….

Just ask “Joe the Plumber”………

And Obama wants to implement Socialism on us, where the “Government” makes the decisions of who are the “haves” and who are the “have nots”, who has “opportunity” and who “have had too much”, who lives where and who it’s time to move……?

Why isn’t anyone asking these questions…….?

Seven Percent Solution on October 27, 2008 at 9:24 PM

tough crowd, anything less than perfect just won’t do.

redrock on October 27, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Hey, I have blogged for some time but I guess the term “moby” has somehow passed me by.

Anyone?

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Anyone?

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:26 PM

The jackanapes are always runnin’ round with some strange new use of a word
What they will come up with next, the devil only knows
It’s unfortunate to note the curiosity of it all just grows and grows

Tav on October 27, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Why OH LORD why does CNN insist on screwing up the aspect ratio of their videos???

Very distracting.

Ugly on October 27, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Wow, the Obama campaign is imploding. Way to use the last week before the election, morons! Squabbling about how mean the media is being to you for asking a few questions. Good game guys!

Seixon on October 27, 2008 at 9:33 PM

The local yokel media obviously didn’t get the DNC memo or the special Obama interview softball filter software installed last year…

Fletch54 on October 27, 2008 at 9:34 PM

– The One

MB4 on October 27, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Perhaps then they will see the folly of voting for “change” even if they don’t have a clue, or care, what kind of change we will get.

neuquenguy on October 27, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Anyone?

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Lib saying they’re a conservative posting comments that are meant to start strife within the conservative ranks.

A lot of vids like that on youtube. They start off, like racists who say, “I’m not racist but . . “, with I’m a conservative and I voted for Bush twice but I’m supporting The One my Great Leader and personal savior because . . McCain and/or Palin (insert lie here)

– The Cat

MirCat on October 27, 2008 at 9:38 PM

That Drudge headline is deliciously sarcastic, moreso given the fact that there is no accompanying story–it’s just Drudge getting frustrated with the press.

DaveS on October 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Several readers questioned how objective West could be because her husband, Wade West, was a Republican strategist, who contributed $2,250 to Republican candidates from 2000 to 2006. Barbara West said he was no longer a strategist and instead runs America Fundraising Auctions, which stages charity auctions.

“That’s his business, his full-time business and his only business,” West said.

Asked her political affiliation, West said, “I don’t think I should say.” Voting registration records show she is a Republican.

Here we go!

WisCon on October 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM

In a word…YES. Next qustion.

ManlyRash on October 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Actually, Drudge forgot to include in Pravda and Al Zazzera.

It will be so fun watching these dogs attempting to explain why John McCain is our new President.

Rovin on October 27, 2008 at 9:43 PM

“I think that it is vitally important that we get these answers before the election, not after.”

Thank you Ms. West!

Domino on October 27, 2008 at 9:45 PM

DaveS on October 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Now that you mention it in that regards; the “presidential material” thing in the picture tells me he’s saying that you’re right…

He’s saying they are all wrong about him being presidential material.

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Here we go!

WisCon on October 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM

How many rounds of “destroy the person who questions us” do we have to play?

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Wow, the Obama campaign is imploding. – Seixon on October 27, 2008 at 9:33 PM

His eyes have opened. Would that others’ would.

ManlyRash on October 27, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Barbara West is a brave lady and a fine journalist. Greasy Joe Biden is an arrogant scumbag, or is that too harsh?

Maxx on October 27, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Damage teams for Biden must be exhausted.

Biden is like the old, drunk guy that the bad guys get to be the sheriff. He says stupid things figuring that the bad guys are his friends and will back him up. Of course they are always laughing about him and setting him up for more. That character never seems to make it to the end of most westerns.

Hening on October 27, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Anyone in Orlando…is that station the #1 station there? If not, they are now!!!

SouthernGent on October 27, 2008 at 9:50 PM

And, yes, I too am amazed that she has a wikipedia entry over this.

Jim Treacher on October 27, 2008 at 9:51 PM

It took Rielle Hunter weeks to get one. But then, the only question she ever asked a candidate was, “Why are you putting on that condom?” – Jim Treacher on October 27, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Followed by: “What is that paper bag for?”

ManlyRash on October 27, 2008 at 9:52 PM

– The Cat

MirCat on October 27, 2008 at 9:38 PM

And what was wrong with sockpuppet?

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 10:06 PM

And what was wrong with sockpuppet?

Nothing, but it’s named after the musician Moby. A few years back he went on his blog and said “progressives” should display their “progress” by lying on other people’s blogs. Also, it’s funner to say, and it’s always worthwhile to condemn Moby.

Jim Treacher on October 27, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Followed by: “What is that paper bag for?”

ManlyRash on October 27, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Hey, she’s a fine looking woman. If I could only make her see that playing second fiddle to Elizabeth Edwards is stupid, I might have a chance.

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Jim Treacher on October 27, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Really, he actually advocated using lies to prove their philosophies were better?

Anyway, I get it, Moby is appropriate. Sockpuppet sounds funnier, but I get it.

What a bastard.

hawkdriver on October 27, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Yes, she was just as tough w/ J-Mac, & he enjoyed the exchange. Biden cries & moans when confronted by tough interviews; what will he do if confronted by Yugo Chavez or AckMyDumbJihad?

jgapinoy on October 27, 2008 at 10:14 PM

This woman was absolutely right in asking the questions but nobody in the U.S. media has the courage or will to pursue the answers, and that includes old blustering, blabbermouth O’Reilly and his “fair and pandering” FOX network. This country is going to be controlled and ruled by a Marxist regime because we failed to demand answers. Steel up people because life will never be the same. It’s a sad day for the Republic.

rplat on October 27, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Cavalry trip to Nevada

It’s 1:00AM and I just got dropped off from my trip to Clark County Nevada, to assist the McCain campaign in Nevada.
My friend and neighbor Diane agreed to give me a ride and we left at 4:30 AM Saturday morning to Torrance. She picked me up with her dog Lola ( a Chihuahua dressed in her own little fur coat), and dropped me off in Torrance. I and 25 other volunteers boarded a bus and went to Burbank. We picked up another 30 McCaniacs there and proceeded to Las Vegas. We made calls on our cell phones to get out the vote on the way, and when we arrived at McCain HQ in Henderson we were greeted by Dennis Miller! He thanked us for our efforts, and after a BBQ we were dispatched in vans to different neighborhoods with booklets containing maps and addresses. My assigned partner and I, Gerri walked 120 doors that day. We were picked up in the afternoon and taken back to HQ and the Hilton.
The next morning we were taken to Boulder City, and we walked another 80.
I have to say the most redeeming part of this whole exercise was when people we inquired on would shake my hand, look me in the eye and personally thank me for my efforts.
This election is far from over!
My second most redeeming moment was when my friend Heidi called and offered me a ride home on Sunday. My feet were tired and it was hot, but I felt I needed to continue in my efforts. When I lamented to Gerri that I had just turned down a four hour drive with one of my favoritest people on the planet, she replied “Your reward will be in heaven”.
I responded: “ I know Heidi will be there, I just hope I make the cut”!
We ended up knocking 10,000 doors on Saturday (collectively) and doubling it Sunday.

God Bless America!

KZnextzone on October 27, 2008 at 10:15 PM

jgapinoy on October 27, 2008 at 10:14 PM

He’ll do well with Chavez because they share a common political and social philosophy.

rplat on October 27, 2008 at 10:17 PM

The NYDN doesn’t have the original article, but this blog has the quote:

“No one’s talking about how to keep the other side home on Election Day,” Moby tells us. “It’s a lot easier than you think and it doesn’t cost that much. This election can be won by 200,000 votes.”
Moby suggests that it’s possible to seed doubt among Bush’s far-right supporters on the Web.

“You target his natural constituencies,” says the Grammy-nominated techno-wizard. “For example, you can go on all the pro-life chat rooms and say you’re an outraged right-wing voter and that you know that George Bush drove an ex-girlfriend to an abortion clinic and paid for her to get an abortion.

“Then you go to an anti-immigration Web site chat room and ask, ‘What’s all this about George Bush proposing amnesty for illegal aliens?'”

So specifically, it’s sockpuppeting and lying to try to suppress your enemy’s voter turnout. What a neat guy.

Jim Treacher on October 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Is this not just surreal.
Like some kind of strange dream.
No one can ask Democrats real questions,, or they will pay.
No one. No where. At no time.

JellyToast on October 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM

. . . I’m going back next weekend. They are sending 4 buses from Cali and I know I am accomplishing much more than my 1 vote in California ever could!

God Bless America!

KZnextzone on October 27, 2008 at 10:15 PM

And God bless you for this Service to your country.

rplat on October 27, 2008 at 10:20 PM

I saw Barbara West on The Factor and she was very good and she was RIGHT! We need these questions answered and obviously that isn’t going to happen before OR after the election. I’ve got news for the elites (Obama and Biden included), we DO want the answers and those were legitimate questions.

If Biden wasn’t such a dumb a$$, he would have said “Thank you for asking and giving me the opportunity to set things straight.” But no. He got defensive and, in turn, it looks like a nerve was struck just as we suspected.

Oink on October 27, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Is a PUMA a MOBY when they lie to the pollsters about voting for Barack Hussein 0B0mber?

dhunter on October 27, 2008 at 10:24 PM

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:02 PM
Orlando here, I feel the exact same way!

javamartini on October 27, 2008 at 9:08 PM

You know, I was rooting for Tampa because my aunt lives there and I despise anything Philadelphia (it’s even hard to type) but I think you may have swayed me with that logic.

Big John on October 27, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Is this not just surreal.
Like some kind of strange dream.
No one can ask Democrats real questions,, or they will pay.
No one. No where. At no time.

JellyToast on October 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM

It’s more like a NIGHTMARE! If Obama pulls off, he will have the media to thank. It’s just that simple. Journalism IS dead. It’s just flat-out over. How will they ever regain our trust. What if something horrible happens and they decide to report it. Who will believe them? Will they even be permitted to report it? Ordinary citizens can’t ask questions of the government or else we’ll be run through the wringer like Joe the Plumber or Barbara West. We’re talking Soviet Union here. McCain won’t have to look very far to see KGB in someone’s eyes! It’s in Obama’s, for sure.

There are so many of us out here in cyberspace, but yet we’re helpless. We need a leader.

I fight it, but I feel almost hopeless. I still believe McCain can pull this thing off because he just desperately has to.

One thing I know for sure, if McCain does win, I will miss work the following day with a rip-roaring hangover. I may have one regardless however.

Oink on October 27, 2008 at 10:27 PM

dhunter on October 27, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Now you see, that is the type of thing that will get you accused of being a moby.

WisCon on October 27, 2008 at 10:28 PM

dhunter on October 27, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Seriously, what’s a MOBY? Am I setting myself for something perverted with that question? LOL!

Oink on October 27, 2008 at 10:28 PM

KZnextzone on October 27, 2008 at 10:15 PM
You are a wonderful person.

carbon_footprint on October 27, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Jim Treacher on October 27, 2008 at 9:51 PM

ManlyRash on October 27, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Thanks, you two.. I need a new keyboard now after reading that..

DaveC on October 27, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Oink on October 27, 2008 at 10:28 PM

See Treacher’s comment.

carbon_footprint on October 27, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Neither Biden, Obama, Palin nor McCain would stand a chance against a British press-corps. Most of our newsmen are sycophantic wimps.

Tzetzes on October 27, 2008 at 10:31 PM

It appeared she was softer on Mac, mot because the questions were eaiser but because Mac stayed relaxed and gave confidant answers.

allrsn on October 27, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Oink, its worse than you percieve, I think. If these Marxists can get away with refusing and intimidating the press now what will it be like when they have all the power. Will any unfavorable, fawning questions be allowed or answered.

The press has sealed its fate no matter the result of this election. If its’ Obama he will control the media if its’ McCain the media will have no respect from the public and the people will turn on them worse than ever.

Alls not lost we do have the alternative media to replace the old and it may be from here that the uprising will take place to cleanse our country from the tyrannts and Marxists within. I envision the Chris Dodds and Barney Franks, Pelosi and Reids tarred feathered and run out of town, but it must start in the alternative media! Unless the Marxists can shut it down also!

dhunter on October 27, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Oink on October 27,

moby – An insidious and specialized type of left-wing troll who visits blogs and impersonates a conservative for the purpose of either spreading false rumors intended to sow dissension among conservative voters, or who purposely posts inflammatory and offensive comments for the purpose of discrediting the blog in question. The term is derived from the name of the liberal musician Moby, who famously suggested in February of 2004 that left-wing activists engage in this type of subterfuge: “For example, you can go on all the pro-life chat rooms and say you’re an outraged right-wing voter and that you know that George Bush drove an ex-girlfriend to an abortion clinic and paid for her to get an abortion. Then you go to an anti-immigration Web site chat room and ask, ‘What’s all this about George Bush proposing amnesty for illegal aliens?'” The strategy has been frequently attempted on LGF and elsewhere, but has not been nearly as effective as Moby envisioned, since false rumors are easily debunked by fact-checking minions, and cartoonishly extreme commenters often get immediately identified as mobys and banned from LGF.

Moby

Lots of other good internet phrases that you are too afraid to ask ( I know I was :)

DaveC on October 27, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Man, look at that drudge headline…

ABCCBSNBCNYTLATWSJCNN
MSNBCAPREUTERSAFPPOLITCO
FTTIMEWASHPOSTNEWSWEEK:
CAN THEY ALL BE WRONG?

lorien1973 on October 27, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Sadly, I don’t think they are. Combine that with the stories about McCain-Palin infighting, and even Rove saying they are pretty much screwed… and well, even ManlyRash’s ongoing belief isn’t much to hold on to. But, fight on… you never know, even though we kind of do.

Republican on October 27, 2008 at 10:40 PM

So a PUMA would not also be a MOBY because it is a left winger lying to a left winger about a left winger and its done over the phone not the internet?

dhunter on October 27, 2008 at 10:43 PM

My creed:

F*ck the media.
F*ck em all, till proven worthy.
I laugh when they lay their work force off.
I climax when I read their sinking ratings.
I cry tears of joy when their profits dwindle!
F*ck em!

FiveWays on October 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM

carbon_footprint on October 27, 2008 at 10:30 PM

DaveC on October 27, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Thank you both. :)

Oink on October 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM

rove is just like all the other 100% in the tank Romney supporters who want to see McCain/Palin lose so Mitt can come back in 2012.

funky chicken on October 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM

West was consistent… she voiced the “accusations from the other side” and McCain addressed them, while Biden mocked her and the questions.

T J Green on October 27, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Obama Compared America to Nazi Germany
Politics | Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 5:10:01 pm PDT

The audio recording of Barack Obama espousing his socialist philosophy of “redistribution of wealth” is all over the Internet and Fox News today (although most other media outlets are ignoring it), but there’s another disturbing section on that tape that has so far escaped notice.

The link to the audio is here: Chicago Public Radio – Audio Library: Odyssey.

At about 15:30, Obama compares what was going on in the United States during the time of Brown vs. the Board of Education to … Nazi Germany. Yes, really. Here’s the quote:

“…just to take a, sort of a realist perspective…there’s a lot of change going on outside of the Court, um, that, that judges essentially have to take judicial notice of. I mean you’ve got World War II, you’ve got uh, uh, uh, the doctrines of Nazism, that, that we are fighting against, that start looking uncomfortably similar to what we have going on, back here at home.”

There you have it. America is close to electing a President who compares his own country to Nazi Germany.

I swiped the whole post because it took me several tries to get into LGF

funky chicken on October 27, 2008 at 10:53 PM

“I question what it bodes for what might happen after the election”

Don’t we all.

So say we all.

… SO SAY WE ALL!!!

wise_man on October 27, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I liked the McCain interview. She asked interesting questions and gave him time to answer.

funky chicken on October 27, 2008 at 11:03 PM

funky chicken on October 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM

So, all the pollsters and the people who agree that McCain look set to lose are wrong?

Republican on October 27, 2008 at 11:11 PM