Video: Jeri Thompson nukes Colmes, defends Palin’s wardrobe expenses

posted at 4:20 pm on October 24, 2008 by Allahpundit

Worth linking for three reasons: (1) to promote the Team Sarah phone bank; (2) to remind people of just how unfair the media’s smear of JT as a halfwit “trophy wife” was; (3) to feel the blast from the atomic snark she drops on Colmes at the beginning. Good lord. I think I would have started to cry.

Exit question: Jeri for Congress? We’ll be down to, oh, 170 or so House seats by 2010. With so many GOP incumbents turned out, the way is clear for fresh faces…

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The kids saw Jeri back when Fred was still in the race and reported that she made him look pale. They were ready to draft her then.

InTheBellyoftheBeast on October 24, 2008 at 7:22 PM

I have a Jeri Thompson fetish.

- The Cat

MirCat on October 24, 2008 at 7:24 PM

(2) to remind people of just how unfair the media’s smear of JT as a halfwit “trophy wife” was … Exit question: Jeri for Congress?

Oh please, AllahPundit. You and Michelle Malkin were the fiercest ones on the blogs to smear Fred Thompson over the “silly hat” crap. And now you’re going to actually post that it was unfair for the media to smear his wife? Whatever. I have yet to see you, Michelle Malkin or Bryan Preston apologize for the ’silly hat’ nonsense and remind people of how unfair it was of you all to smear him over that.

I’ve defended you – and still take your side now – over your pessimism schtick, but that nonsense that you, Michelle Malkin and Bryan Preston pulled over the “silly hat” incident was as despicable as some of the stupid smears the mass media has done to Palin. Those threads were actually the first time I had seen you, Michelle Malkin and Bryan Preston all actually participate in the comments section of a post, not just make a post on the topic.

Today you will hype Jeri as being smart and a possible candidate for Congress, and then, when/if she runs, and makes a “silly hat” comment, you and Michelle will be right back here smearing her, saying she has made such a horrible, horrible comment, that will ruin her campaign.

Michael in MI on October 24, 2008 at 4:59 PM

And let’s add to that criticizing Fred! for his lack of energy just like the MSM.

aikidoka on October 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Is there any reason whatsoever to have that colmes idiot on national television? Any? He is so annoying, it is excruciating to watch that show.

lostinfrance on October 24, 2008 at 7:51 PM

One word…wow
She shut down Alan Colmes as good as Ann Coulter.

MechEng5by5 on October 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Heh…. “fetish”. Great choice of words.

Hog Wild on October 24, 2008 at 8:01 PM

I actually saw her in a rare moment of TV viewing. Jeri is fantastic. I have never seen anyone put Colmes in his place with such elegance and ease.

UndertheBridge on October 24, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Jeri’s awesome. She’s a spitfire, but such a mellow, focused spitfire.

And I prefer her hair darker, I think.

Tanya on October 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Why was Sean talking over her too? Is it a host thing? Both H & C kept interrupting her, neither was listening to what she was saying.
I listen to Rush daily, but since Debbie Schlussel has shown how Hannity has ripped her off, taking her essays, her work without attribution, passing it off as his own…I don’t watch or listen to much Hannity anymore. Alan being right there makes it two reasons not to watch H&C.

Doug on October 24, 2008 at 10:06 PM

She didn’t go after Skeletor half as hard as she should have.

He is such a jackase.

benrand on October 24, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Dang. You know, if Republican women weren’t so doggone humble, the answer to the question about why they are trashed so readily by the left is this:

They have brains and beauty.

Those on the left have only the false hopes and dreams that silicone implants give you.

Just sayin.

Tennman on October 24, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Good God that woman is smart!

Hilts on October 24, 2008 at 10:25 PM

If Hannity gets through these next 11 days without
smashing Colmes think stupid skull. It’ll be a miracle.

Jerri is going to wonderful in the next round of
political tag. . . She’s got that touch .

Texyank on October 24, 2008 at 10:36 PM

I have a Jeri Thompson fetish.

- The Cat

I have a Palin-in-a-white-blouse fetish.

Let’s roll!

ex-Democrat on October 24, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Colmes is a typical liberal in current Omama swoon mode, the instant anyone doesn’t speak homage to the new King, destroy them, or at least cut them off.

Speakup on October 24, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Thanks for posting. I always hit the mute button when Skeletor speaks, so I missed Jeri’s zingers!

divamomvicki on October 25, 2008 at 1:30 AM

She always proves she more than a trophy wife. I have to say I am proud of the woman that represent the republican party as they usually show just how smart and capable they are. Even though Alan is such a light weight.

lwssdd on October 25, 2008 at 2:24 AM

Jeri Thompson
Sarah Palin
Elizabeth Haselbeck

We got the BABES!

Black Adam on October 25, 2008 at 5:22 AM

If one was to place Jeri Thompson and Ariana Huffington side by side and have them each talk for 30 seconds, one would be demonstrating that God has an unusual sense of humor.

Joke’s on you, Huff.

Syd B. on October 25, 2008 at 6:46 AM

Trophy wife, huh? With that brain she’d be a trophy even without that face.

We got the BABES!

Black Adam on October 25, 2008 at 5:22 AM

And the brains.

Squiggy on October 25, 2008 at 7:50 AM

I wont bother reading all the comments, but I wonder if the clothes that were purchased for Sarah has more to do with Cindy McCain than anything else.

As a potential first lady, Cindy has to look good. She has the personal means to purchase expensive clothing and she always looks very good. My point is that if Sarah looks frumpy compared to Cindy, there may be an unconscious psychological conjecture that comes into play. I believe that effect is for the most part exclusively felt by women, beta males, and limp-wrist noodle nibblers. Sarah has endured calumniation of historic proportions and the last thing she needs are a target group having unconscious impressions that entrench those apocryphal accusations.

csdeven on October 25, 2008 at 8:58 AM

It is wonderful that Republican moms can make the case so well when many of our dead wood stuffed suits can’t. I really see hope in the faces of these attractive, confident women. Of course, I’m a Fredhead, so I knew Jeri rocked. She would reduce the hags on The View to tears in a week.
PS – who left the door open? (csdeven in a Thompson thread)
/sarc

rhodeymark on October 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Fred really is a trophy husband.

How about Senator Jeri Thompson? I like the ring.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 25, 2008 at 10:17 AM

rhodeymark on October 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Oh believe me, after reading the insulting remarks surrounding her “hotness’ it is hard not to respond. I don’t get how these people say things behind her back that they would never say to her face.

“Oh hi Jerry! Wow are you HOT, and I have a total fetish for you. Oh and by the way, I like that you are a conservative!”

Do they actually believe they are being complimentary? If so, they don’t understand the first thing about the conservative female who runs for office.

csdeven on October 25, 2008 at 11:13 AM

My GOD, Jeri looks HOT.

otcconan on October 25, 2008 at 12:46 PM

What would qualify J Thompson to run for VP?

Don`t freak….just asking.

Are you over 35 and a natural born citizen?

Then YOU are qualified.

I have the qualifications, under the constitution, to be President. And yes, the thought has crossed my mind. Do I have the connections? No.

*but my brother does…muhahahaha. Get ready for otcconan beer.

otcconan on October 25, 2008 at 1:07 PM

csdeven on October 25, 2008 at 11:13 AM

You are totally missing the point, resident Fred-hater.

Jeri Thompson and Sarah Palin are not hot because they are hot. They’re hot because they’re hot and they’re CONSERVATIVE. And those caps are the point.

Condi Rice is hot because she’s conservative. She happens to be hot as well. Laura Bush is hot because she’s conservative. They’re all hot, but the hotness scale raises because they’re also conservative. In other words, they’re SMART. This is demonstrated by the fact they are conservative. So on top of their physical hotness, their brains are hot. So they are 90X hotter than an equivalently physically-hot liberal. I’ve met Eva Longoria, and she is very hot. But she’s a liberal, and that knocks several notches off her hotness. A 10 who is liberal is actually a 7. And a 7 who is conservative is a 10+.

And I don’t care if you call me sexist, because women judge men the same way. Or do you not remember the “gender gap” with Clinton? Or the way women faint and swoon at Obama events? Why is it any more wrong for men to find Palin or Thompson attractive in the same way?

otcconan on October 25, 2008 at 1:15 PM

otcconan on October 25, 2008 at 1:15 PM

He who has ears let him hear!

Do you actually THINK that is a compliment? It isn’t and you know it because you wouldn’t say it to their face.

csdeven on October 26, 2008 at 12:19 AM

He who has ears let him hear!
csdeven on October 26, 2008 at 12:19 AM

We don’t go by the liberal playbook here, so you’ll have to explain. Tell us what we’re “supposed” to think.

Conservative women aren’t “insulted” by their looks. We know that God gave us whatever we’ve got, and we can’t change it anyway. Do the best with what you’ve got, and improve where you can (i.e. your brain). That’s the part where liberals completely lose any argument – their minds are never open (no matter what they claim). A libtard’s I.Q. never changes.

If you would listen to what you’ve been told you would know that, but (just like a lib) you’ve got your ears plugged.

Squiggy on October 26, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Squiggy on October 26, 2008 at 8:23 AM

I don’t go by the liberal playbook either. And your comment appears to be coming from the “I’m a sexist” playbook.

Lets put your claims in context. Walk up to any conservative female running for office and tell them TO THEIR FACE that they are hot. You wont do it because it insults what they are all about. Their hotness is reserved for their significant other, not those whom they want to lead.

And that is straight from the conservative playbook.

csdeven on October 26, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Of course you can tell a conservative woman she’s attractive. I wouldn’t recommend doing it with your tongue hanging out though, as they also are pretty tough.

Contrary to what you’ve been told, we are not prudes – we’re moral (or at least we strive to be). If you have to have this explained, you can’t understand.

Squiggy on October 28, 2008 at 5:31 AM