Video: Palin goofs on Obama for calling Biden’s gaffe a “rhetorical flourish”

posted at 6:49 pm on October 23, 2008 by Allahpundit

Irresistible, partly because the inane “rhetorical flourish” spin richly deserves to be mocked but partly too because of how she pauses and savors those laugh lines. There’s no other politician in America I can think of, McCain included, who’s not only willing to hit The One but to savor it.

CNN takes issue with her claim that Biden, who now insists that Obama has “steel in his spine,” thinks The One isn’t ready to deal with a crisis. See the second video below for a quickie fact check on that.

Comments

ohhhh that sarah…so darn SPUNKY

ernesto on October 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM

posted at 6:49 pm on October 23, 2008 by Allahpundit
… but partly too …

AP is even SOUNDING like Sarah now. I think he’s switched over to our side.

Paul-Cincy on October 23, 2008 at 6:52 PM

I love this women!

fbcmusicman on October 23, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Sarah rules the school more and more every day. It’s just wonderful to watch.

AP, I hope if McCain loses, you’ll take it upon yourself to throw us Palin junkies a bone from Alaska every so often. We’ll need it to keep our spirits high, what with the new world socialist order and all… :(

Pasalubong on October 23, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Here are some flourishes for Obama, he seems to like them. They are a little girly man.

Dr Evil on October 23, 2008 at 6:57 PM

“…The chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee has informed us that a serious international crisis is certain if Obama is elected, and that he is not ready to deal with it.”

Quite significant.

RushBaby on October 23, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Obama has “steel in his spine”?

My collie says:

I think he meant “Obama says “stealing is fine” — especially if you take from those making over $250,000/yr.

CyberCipher on October 23, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Ah sweet irony,
Thy name is SARA-CUDA!!

AubieJon on October 23, 2008 at 7:00 PM

ZING

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 23, 2008 at 7:03 PM

ha, you go girl!

aikidoka on October 23, 2008 at 7:06 PM

The Biden clip damning The One and praising Mc, needs to run on national TV non-stop between now and ll/4

Dingbat63 on October 23, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Sarah rules the school more and more every day. It’s just wonderful to watch.

Pasalubong on October 23, 2008 at 6:57 PM

The 4-year Republican Long March led by the Cuda. Where can I internet purchase my Mao Jacket?

Sapwolf on October 23, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Yeah, but the RNC spent $150,000 on clothes for her and her family! /Jon Stewart

Seixon on October 23, 2008 at 7:15 PM

Impeccable timing …

tarpon on October 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM

I have a girl crush, big time.

She’s amazing. You know what else is amazing?

She’s OURS!!!!!!!!!

tree hugging sister on October 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM

I hope she turns up in moose hunting gear one day.

lodge on October 23, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Sarah, ditch the First Dude and come away with me!

Cicero43 on October 23, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Geez Loueez, these are no-brainers.

drjohn on October 23, 2008 at 7:19 PM

This just keeps getting better and better…
I think I’ll have another beer…and a shot of Patron…GOLD…LOL!!!

jerrytbg on October 23, 2008 at 7:24 PM

OMG that was good. She is a master of the sharp tongue attack.

mindhacker on October 23, 2008 at 7:24 PM

LMAO…i dont even care if her negatives are high. the obamabots reaction’s are priceless. she’s the new Karl Rove.

lodge on October 23, 2008 at 7:30 PM

You’ve gotta hand it to Joe Biden for writing Sarah’s stump speeches for her! Say it ain’t so, Joe!

It’s too bad that Palin stumbled in the Katie Couric interview, because she IS an extremely quick study! If McCain had picked her early in the summer, her early stumbles would have been long-forgotten by now, and McCain/Palin would be 5 points AHEAD in the polls by now!

Steve Z on October 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Some analysts seem to think that Obama is already deterring Iran:

Meanwhile, in Afghanistan, intelligence reports last year indicated that Iran was also supplying terrorist-style arms to anti-American militants there. But the latest intelligence indicates that the level of bombing technology used by the Taliban in recent IED attacks is far less sophisticated than the devices used by Shia militants in Iraq—evidence that Iran is exercising restraint in its dealings with Afghan insurgents.

The question is, why? Another U.S. official, who also requested anonymity, said that Iran may be turning down the heat on American forces in the region in anticipation of a Barack Obama victory in the presidential election. According to this theory, Iran’s theocrats fear an Obama presidency would greatly improve American esteem among European governments; the Iranians believe these leaders indulge Tehran now chiefly because of their disdain for President Bush.

bayam on October 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM

I think the stars in heaven are starting to align themselves with the Repbulican side………….. Keep it up Sarah, keep it up.

…………… can you just imaging the squealing and thrashing about going on in the Obama camp these days?

Seven Percent Solution on October 23, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Funnier than Tina Fey.

Buy Danish on October 23, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Didn’t a commenter . . . or was is a TV gag. . .anyway I heard someone say recently, “A spine of steel? The man has a slinky for a backbone.”

- The Cat

MirCat on October 23, 2008 at 7:34 PM

Which political operative would get her contract for the 2012 campaign?

Dick Morris?
Karl Rove?
Suggestions?

Sapwolf on October 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Doesn’t matter after this brand spanking new ENDORSEMENT FOR OBAMA!
Game over!

SouthernGent on October 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Man, she is good! I love how she says the name Joe.

sheesh on October 23, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Doesn’t matter after this brand spanking new ENDORSEMENT FOR OBAMA!
Game over!

SouthernGent on October 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM

I almost hate that guy as much as Keith O.

Cr4sh Dummy on October 23, 2008 at 7:43 PM

bayam on October 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Rule #2- Do not trust anything Newsweek publishes.

And Palin may not be great during an interview, but she sure is one hell of a orator.

Cr4sh Dummy on October 23, 2008 at 7:46 PM

I have a girl crush, big time.

tree hugging sister on October 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Me too! :)

I don’t believe for one minute we’re going to lose this race…nope we sure are not!

CCRWM on October 23, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Wait, the same CNN that just smeared Sarah Palin, to her face, with a context eliminated quote from National Review?

Sorry CNN, I don’t do quickies. At least buy me dinner first.

Hawkins1701 on October 23, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Which political operative would get her contract for the 2012 campaign?

Dick Morris?
Karl Rove?
Suggestions?

Sapwolf on October 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Oh Lord I hope not… I’m so tired of those two

CCRWM on October 23, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Don’t you think that Scott could be certified as THE WORST press secretary EVER? Maybe they made him take the job when he knew he was incompetent.

Cindy Munford on October 23, 2008 at 7:54 PM

The ‘Cuda is taking no prisoners. I LOVE her.

lansing quaker on October 23, 2008 at 7:57 PM

shes getting better and better.

read pat buchanan’s new column. its great.

we need somebody that can articulate the truth like Buchanan…like Palin (but with more experience and knowledge).

Roger Waters on October 23, 2008 at 7:59 PM

I <3 Sarah.

Jvette on October 23, 2008 at 8:05 PM

They should have unleashed the ‘Cuda about 6 weeks ago as I said way back when. She has it in spades! ( racist! ) I denounce myself.

JimK on October 23, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Which political operative would get her contract for the 2012 campaign?
Dick Morris?
Karl Rove?
Suggestions?
Sapwolf on October 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Oh Lord I hope not… I’m so tired of those two
CCRWM on October 23, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Steve Schmidt. He’s the new Karl Rove – at least that is what they will say when McCain wins on Nov 4.

ManlyRash on October 23, 2008 at 8:33 PM

This woman is one fast learner- she is getting better every day.
If, God help us McCain loses, one consolation would be a Palin-Jindal combo running against a disasterous 4 year experiment by BO and Slow Joe.

jjshaka on October 23, 2008 at 8:38 PM

Which political operative would get her contract for the 2012 campaign?
Dick Morris?
Karl Rove?
Suggestions?
Sapwolf on October 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM
How about we just let her run her own campaign! She seems to have done pretty well thus far, city council, mayor, Governor, all on her own!

flytier on October 23, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Some analysts seem to think that Obama is already deterring Iran:

bayam on October 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM

That spin is priceless!

I’d be more inclined to think they’re marking time until Bush is out of office, because they’re afraid of what he would do if pushed hard. After all, they’ve admitted they’re hoping for Obama.

But you keep on spinning! You won’t find many on this site that gullible, but there’s always a few.

tom on October 23, 2008 at 8:48 PM

She’s on Hannity right now. Stunning

johnnyU on October 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM

I agree. Sarah defers to McCain because (1) He’s the boss and (2) she’s a lady and doesn’t want to appear to emasculate him. But on her own, she will fillet her opponents bone by bone.
Stand Up Sarah. If not in 2008, see you in 2012!

gracie on October 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM

ya screwed up Hannity. Ya said 6 years for an international incident. Its 6 MONTHS bro

johnnyU on October 23, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Stand Up Sarah. If not in 2008, see you in 2012!

(This is how it’s supposed to look)

gracie on October 23, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Where’s the link?

Matushka on October 23, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Give it time. There’s a “chicks for Sarah” movement building, (call it something else, whatever, I can’t put a finger on it), something to negate all those neurotic liberal freakin’ out dykes that think they — and only they — represent women. Michelle, Megyn, Ann C, Laura — you’re all out front and centre, but there’s something building. I can sense it. Wish I could describe it better.

Fortunata on October 23, 2008 at 10:06 PM

I think I can stomach four years of President McCain to get President Palin in 2012.

hadsil on October 23, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Hmm …

A Palin/Jindal ticket for 2012?

hadsil on October 23, 2008 at 10:20 PM

get this out…

reshas1 on October 23, 2008 at 10:23 PM

That’s what she gets for not embracing Hope and change.
/s

Listen people. There are many bad things to come.
The Obamites are absolutely unhinged and they figure that the ends justify the means.

Heed this warning:
Arm yourself and watch your back!
That means carrying a gun 24/7

What the Maoist did to the nationalist is what we are going to be confronted with.

Save your self!

TheSitRep on October 23, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Am I the only one how doesn’t get the CNN embedded videos?

DaveC on October 23, 2008 at 10:43 PM

She is so slick, mean but in a nice sweet way. I love it! She would make a wonderful President after McCain.

sheebe on October 23, 2008 at 11:50 PM

She is terrific.

Guys, she is to testify under oath to that witchhunt in Alaska. Please keep her in your prayers.

promachus on October 23, 2008 at 11:54 PM

lansing quaker…

how goes it with the PUMA’s? Are you making progress getting more of them to pull the lever for Palin?

Gohawgs on October 24, 2008 at 1:27 AM

I

hope she turns up in moose hunting gear one day.

lodge on October 23, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Or in a hockey uniform on the ice.
or full combat gear, police uniform or, or, oh I gotta go

gzelmiami on October 24, 2008 at 1:34 AM

Am I the only one how doesn’t get the CNN embedded videos?

DaveC on October 23, 2008 at 10:43 PM

I’m not getting them either.

Probably, some webmaster sees lots of referral traffic from HotAir users clicking on it and takes the video down, or renames it – goal: prevent people from seeing it.

electric-rascal on October 24, 2008 at 1:40 AM

It’s like broccoli with cheese..

…tasty, but good for you.

Black Adam on October 24, 2008 at 2:27 AM

Cindy Munford on October 23, 2008

More proof of the mercurial nature of Bush appointments. Some of the best (Alito, Roberts) and some that defy explanation for their stupidity.

SKYFOX on October 24, 2008 at 5:13 AM