The Ed Morrissey Show: Jim Geraghty

posted at 1:00 pm on October 22, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Today, on the Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), Jim Geraghty joins us to talk about the presidential race and the polling. Has John McCain clinched Georgia, based on early voting? What happens when people point out that the race may be getting closer? All this and much more!

Now you can join the conversation in the chat room! Be sure to register at Ustream to participate in our raucous live-chat sessions. (And if the log-in prompt doesn’t come up in the chat box below, use this link instead.) Jazz Shaw of The Moderate Voice moderates the chat, and he has his Troll Gun Trivia Contest running before the show, for those who get there early — and are registered!

Want to see all episodes of The Ed Morrissey Show? Add the RSS feed to your reader and keep them handy!

Christmas season is coming! Why not shop through my Amazon widget? Get great deals delivered to your door! And check out what’s on my desk at my Bookshelf:

Opening animation from TG Studios.

Comments

Here’s my new rolling ad for McCain. I drive by a voting place to/from work every day. :-)

cannonball on October 22, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Sorry, can’t join your chatroom – but here’s a side topic for you to talk about…

A letter to the McCain Campaign

Lets be clear: I’m a nobody – not even an American voter. I’m Canadian and because what happens to the United States affects us, I’ve got a strong interest in seeing McCain/Palin win.

Unfortunately the polls suggest you’re losing and the other guy is just so unbelievably bad that I’m tempted to metaphorically reach across the border, grab Americans by collective throat, and ask what the star blank star is wrong with you all.

A big part of the answer, I think, is that people are so turned off by the length and intensity of the campaigns that no one believes the little bits of truth the mass media has allowed to creep into its otherwise unrelenting campaign for Democrats in general and Obama in particular.

Thus when CNN’s Drew Griffith reports on Obama’s Ayers connections it’s just a distant rumble in a windstorm – and that goes for his relationships with ACORN, Wright, Rezko, and the rest of them too.

Suppose you win, as indeed I think you will: are you prepared for the riots that will break out? Are you prepared for at least four years of intensified Bush Derangement Sydrome, this time directed against you?

Suppose you lose: are you prepared for a constitutional crisis in which the Supreme Court says he cannot serve (ACORN, Citizenship, FEC violations) and a Democrat dominated Congress balks?

If both outcomes seem bad, let me suggest a better alternative than losing gracefully and joining the Obama coverup: throw a Hail Mary to win; and not for yourself, for the world.

The problem is this: the evidence against the suitability of the Obama/Biden ticket is overwhelming, but no one will listen to it. When hotair.com published a compendium of the major, well documented, charges against Obama, I asked a Democrat to read it – and here’s the response I got:

Gee, how unbiased. If this is the best the attack journalists can find, he deserves to get elected.

This person has willfully disconnected from reality – and from his responsibility as a voter, but his vote will count exactly as much as yours.

So how do you reach him? He won’t hear you, he won’t hear Sarah, he won’t read “right wing” news sites, he won’t watch Fox news, and when spoken to on the issue he uses anger to shut off further attempts at communication..

So the question “So how do you reach him?” is really the same as “Who would he listen to?” My answer, and I know it’s certainly distasteful and improbable, is Bill Clinton.

It’s my belief that both Clintons are venal, ego driven, self-serving people with little moral scruple and not much in the way of principles but, in this context, that’s both good and bad. My suggestion, therefore, is that you sit down with them and do a deal: they get whatever they want in private -debts, court nominations, the U.N., they’ll have a list – but in public they respond to an appeal to honor, to putting country ahead of party.

And they damn Obama: on his associations, on ACORN, on lack of experience, on being on both sides of every issue – talk candidly about what happens, either way, after November 4th, and ask Obama, for the good of the country, to step aside – or, failing that, ask voters to defend America, and push him aside.

I know as proposals go this is absurd: utterly unthinkable – but I think there’s a deal to be done, and several countries to be served. So make the call, ok?

Paul Murphy on October 22, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Ed, be sure to bring up the Palin is reading Looming Tower revelation in her People Rag interview.

aquaviva on October 22, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Like the new graphic on the headline page

LimeyGeek on October 22, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Like the new graphic on the headline page

LimeyGeek on October 22, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Ditto!

RushBaby on October 22, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Like the new graphic on the headline page

LimeyGeek on October 22, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Ditto!

RushBaby on October 22, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Double Ditto!

Texas Gal on October 22, 2008 at 2:23 PM

It really sucks that my college won’t allow me to see the chatroom, for it blocks it. Blah! Damn college.

DanStark on October 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Triple ditto!

baldilocks on October 22, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Quad. ditto. Ed, how will you deal with pictures of MKH on this new graphic? The gentlemen here do enjoy seeing her picture and do have some things to say?
L