Obama: My idiot VP’s epic gaffe was a “rhetorical flourish”

posted at 3:59 pm on October 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

Best euphemism ever.

“Joe sometimes engages in rhetorical flourishes. But I think that his core point was that the next administration is going to be tested regardless of who it is,” Obama told reporters after meeting with his national security working group. “The next administration is going to be inheriting a whole host of really big problems and so the president is going to be tested and the question is will the next president meet that test by moving America in a new direction by sending a clear signal to the rest of the world that we are no longer about bluster and unilateralism and ideology but we’re about creating partnerships around the world to solve practical problems.”

Choice spin by The One, but in no way is it, shall we say, reality-based. Refresh your memory with Biden’s full quote; per the emphasis on Obama’s age, his point clearly was that enemies will try to take advantage of Obama’s inexperience to see what he’s made of. Say what you will about a former POW and 20-year veteran of the Senate known to sing, “Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran,” but deciding whether to “test” him isn’t a matter to be undertaken lightly. Or are we now so far through the looking glass spin-wise that the guy who’ll meet with anyone without preconditions (even if they won’t meet with him) is the one to be feared while the war hero whom, the left periodically assures us, out-Bushes Bush for sheer bellicosity is the easy mark?

Exit question: What did Biden mean when he said to his lefty audience, “[T]he kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you, not financially to help him, we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right”? I assume that’s a veiled reference to The One possibly having to take military action somewhere, with all the screeching and shirt-rending on the left that it will entail, but opinions differed when this came up in Headlines earlier today.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Silly – it’s pronounced ‘flushes’

Vashta.Nerada on October 22, 2008 at 4:00 PM

rhetorical flourish

My god. I can see the halo around the words.

MadisonConservative on October 22, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Great headline.

Slublog on October 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I took it to mean the opposite, as in when Israel or Ukraine is attacked, he will do nothing.

Vashta.Nerada on October 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Are you serious??? I think I’ve just developed a newfound respect for Maverick.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Crazy. “He said black, but what he was really saying is, white.” SHAMELESS LIAR.

marklmail on October 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM

only hope, as an American, is they are going to attempt to bring the Leftist nuts off the ledge of insanity on Foreign affiars an do close to what needs to be done. and use Obama’s Cult of personality to bring them home.

that said, given Obama’s background and studying things like the evils of ‘colonialism’, I’m doubtful.

jp on October 22, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Clearly Obama is pulling a Biden here. Joe the Senator stated Obama’s age and referenced Kennedy. Then he said there would be a “generated crisis” “to test the mettle of this guy.”

Note: Not any president, but specifically “this guy.” (“That one”?)

Abby Adams on October 22, 2008 at 4:04 PM

A partnership with Iran to solve the practical probem of the existence of a Jewish state ?

DeweyWins on October 22, 2008 at 4:04 PM

This guy defines “shit talking assclown.”

Pardon my foul language but what other way is there to put it concerning this moron?

Metro on October 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM

My god. I can see the halo around the words.

MadisonConservative on October 22, 2008 at 4:00 PM

David Brooks probably had to change his man-panties after hearing those words from Obama.

You can tell Obama’s worried about the effect of it, otherwise why would he be responding. Now if Rove could just engineer an international incident, Republicans could really slam the point home.

thirteen28 on October 22, 2008 at 4:06 PM

As I was explaining to unseen in the Ed topic at the polls, Allahpundit has the BEST headlines.

BKennedy on October 22, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Vashta.Nerada on October 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM

That’s what I assumed he meant, too. Or when Washington, D.C. or Seattle is attacked, he will do nothing. We won’t like it, but he’ll sit down with the terrorists for face-to-face talks, and he’d pretty-please like for us to support him. Fat freakin’ chance.

labwriter on October 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Joe is the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving.

Fandango on October 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Are you serious??? I think I’ve just developed a newfound respect for Maverick.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Did you really miss that? He sang it as the Beach Boys song.

As to what Biden meant, I’m honestly not sure.

KP’s take on it was that even his base would disagree which would mean that everyone else would as well, which is also how I saw it. Military action wouldn’t necessarily anger most of the country.

I’d lean more towards Biden believing Obama really isn’t ready as he said in the primaries and that he really believes that Obama will mess up royally, so bad that his base will have to defend him, not just to other Lefties but to the nation as a whole.

On what specifically, I’m really not sure. Meeting without preconditions seems a high probability though.

Esthier on October 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM

“rhetorical flourish”

And you Obambi-Messiah are a rhetorical and farcical joke!

Liberty or Death on October 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Bringing back the draft in the event that our enemies will be pushing and testing Senator Fluff and Puff because they know he is the weak horse?

Think about it – instituting a draft in the midst of some existential military crisis involving us or an ally will not seem like something ANYBODY is comfortable with (let alone Donkeycrats), but wouldn’t that ultimately build resistance to the military response and hence avert “warmongering?” It will seem wrong at first, but will end up right?

Granted, it’s a moronically retarded theory, but Joe Biden is a sub-retarded moronically retarded moron. So I wouldn’t put it by him.

:-)

Good Lt on October 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM

A year ago Rockhauler wrote :

rockhauler on October 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Did you really miss that? He sang it as the Beach Boys song.

When did it happen? I only really started paying in-depth attention to politics this past spring.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM

I interpreted Biden’s request for Leftie support for the future President B-Hussein-O as a concession that Obama wouldn’t respond in a way that Americans expect. A president can usually expected to react aggressively when U.S. national interests are threatened. Obama’s first impulses will be to (a) apologize; (b) appease; (c) sacrifice Israel; or (d) retreat. Therefore, to most Americans “it’s not going to be apparent initially that [our approach] is right.”

You can say that again, Joe.

Cicero43 on October 22, 2008 at 4:09 PM

A year ago Rockhauler wrote :

rockhauler on October 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Nicely done.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:09 PM

The MSM enables such pathetic spin, terrible really. Even document realizes it. Sheesh. The MSM is going to pay in ratings big time. Heck they already are.

Theworldisnotenough on October 22, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Exit question:

Exit answer: If you vote for this marxist/socialist/leftist radical clown, and leave a majority in the House and Senate, kiss the America that you know and were brought up in good-bye!

Seven Percent Solution on October 22, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Vashta.Nerada on October 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I agree.

In addition, by juxtaposing “your influence within the community” against “not financially to help him” I thought Biden might be implying something more than just being supportive. What was the composition of the audience? I read that this quote was from a fundraising event, but were the attendees primarily from a particular segment (media? internet moguls? community organizers?).

Y-not on October 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Exit answer: The reintroduction of the Aliens and Sedition Acts, along with the “Fairness Doctrine”, in order to end the divisiveness and present a “unified” face to our enemies.

rbj on October 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Don’t forget the other part of Biden’s speechifying:

“I’ve forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I’m not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it,” the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. “This guy has it. But he’s gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, ‘Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?’ We’re gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I’m asking you now, I’m asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you’re going to have to reinforce us.”

“There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, ‘Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don’t know about that decision’,” Biden continued. “Because if you think the decision is sound when they’re made, which I believe you will when they’re made, they’re not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they’re popular, they’re probably not sound.”

Two points there — I’ve forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know. Hmmm. Does that mean that he still knows more than his colleagues, or less? What does Biden have to re-learn, so to speak, so that he can properly advise Obama? …they’re not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they’re popular, they’re probably not sound. Gee, if that’s the case, why isn’t Biden giving the current President a pass on his decisions? They sure aren’t popular. and therefore, by Biden’s analysis, they are sound (by symbolic logic, we have [a == [NOT b]] ==> [[NOT a] == [NOT [NOT b]] ==> [[NOT a] == b]). Well, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander — why should we give Obama a pass, Mr. Biden, when neither of you are willing to give President Bush the same pass?

unclesmrgol on October 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

One theory is that Biden was talking about Obama bringing back the draft. Because, you know, the military is all about mending inequalities, not winning wars.

BuzzCrutcher on October 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Allahpundit has the BEST headlines.

BKennedy on October 22, 2008 at 4:06 PM

AMEN!!!

(I can say that, right? It’s not offensive or anything?)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

PS – Thinking Biden meant The One would take unpopular military action borders on willful self-deceit. I won’t even bother repeating why since nobody cares anyway.

TheBigOldDog on October 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

all of this is moot if McCain wins. You think someone is going to f*ck with a guy who sings BOMB BOMB IRAN? Hell no.

marklmail on October 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Does the Maverick have to translate what the ‘Cuda says?

Why is it that the MSM and now, the messiah, have to translate stupidity?

HornetSting on October 22, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Should we lose this election….It will certainly be entertaining for the next four years..of course I’ll have to move to Alaska..

Fandango on October 22, 2008 at 4:11 PM

It sounds like Hopey is going to launch an attack

on

PUCK IS STAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Does the Maverick have to translate what the ‘Cuda says?

Why is it that the MSM and now, the messiah, have to translate stupidity?

HornetSting on October 22, 2008 at 4:11 PM

But supposedly Sarah is the stupid one. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, MSM? Wot Tah Fork?

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:12 PM

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 4:11 PM

More likely he’s going to stand by and watch Iran launch a first strike on Israel.

TheBigOldDog on October 22, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Even Document Dan realizes it

Theworldisnotenough on October 22, 2008 at 4:13 PM

to think that Dan Quayle will go down as an idiot for not spelling potato correctly……OMG this guy is the biggest buffoon on planet earth…..

SDarchitect on October 22, 2008 at 4:13 PM

All the state senators should stand up for Joe Biden.

right2bright on October 22, 2008 at 4:13 PM

marklmail on October 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM

raaaaaaaaaaaacist.

Ferris on October 22, 2008 at 4:13 PM

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM

I don’t recall exactly, but I don’t think it’s been that long. I believe it was after McCain had already secured the nomination.

There’s video somewhere. Might even have it here if you do a search.

Esthier on October 22, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Does anyone have a De Liberal speakalator handy
to get the correct meaning of what Biden was
trying to say!

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Again, and worth repeating!
Biden is the one who is suppose to have all the international experience.
What was not mentioned is he can’t keep his mouth shut.
Scary to think someone in his positionn is privy to secret information and can’t even keep a security secret.
Now this should be everyones nightmare.
It’s security first-without that the economy or anything else will not matter.

Gulf Coast on October 22, 2008 at 4:15 PM

I took it the other way, because Biden showed fear in poll numbers going down (that’s revealing to, actually). Say Iran goes after Israel, and Obama uses military force to strengthen Israel, I really don’t see how that would hurt him in the polls. The Iraq war was popular once, but after the Press got a hold of the narrative, the poll numbers fell. I doubt we can expect that same kind of “journalism” in a Hope and Change America. I agree with others that the action would not be the traditional American response to an international crisis. I have much darker speculations as to what Biden was referring to when he begged for support, but I’ll keep those to myself.

Weight of Glory on October 22, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Democrats know who Liebermann is going to vote for, they know Hillary is going to vote the same way. Their conundrum is: who is Biden going to vote for?

Vashta.Nerada on October 22, 2008 at 4:15 PM

unclesmrgol on October 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Unfortunately for America, the part that Biden forgot is the part that represents a rational basis for managing foreign policy. The part he remembers is lefist gibberish.

Cicero43 on October 22, 2008 at 4:16 PM

From now on, as Biden speaks in the lower right corner will be Obama explaining what he said, in the lower left will be someone signing for him, on the top left will be someone correcting him, and on the top right will be a disclaimer that everything Biden says is taken out of context.

right2bright on October 22, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Wow. I don’t know if he can turn water into Colt .45 Ice, but he surely can spin sh!t into roses.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM

regardless of who it is

Hahahahaha ahhhhh hahahah… ahh….ahh…ahh. no.

Just you sparky.

Dash on October 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM

I guess Obama has the special Biden Decoder Ring (TM). We should all get one of those so that we are not confused like that in the future.

One free with every vote for Obama!

Ferris on October 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Since Obama hates America, maybe he will be bombing red State america and our real Churches next year. possibly that is what Biden was referring to

jp on October 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM

“Just words!”

Bishop on October 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM

More likely…..

TheBigOldDog on Oct 22,2008 at 4:13PM.

TheBigOldDog:Better not attack Israel!

‘The Sampson Option’!

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 4:18 PM

One free with every vote for Obama!
Ferris on October 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Pffft! You will be issued a ring at the age of seven and Gaia help you if the Domestic Security Force catches you not wearing it as required.

Bishop on October 22, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Can we file a suit at the World Universal Court of All Things Existent and Nonexistent, in Brussels, for BHO’s many crimes against English? Do they have a “linguistic torture” category, yet?

progressoverpeace on October 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM

This one’s for you Grue.

*chomp*

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM

It means if Nobama wins and Putin attacks in eastern Europe, he will say “uh” about fifty times before wetting and soiling his pants. Obiden will take over and soon be taken away in a straight jacket. In steps SanFranNan to make it the most transparent White House in history, hence Putin finishes reforming his Soviet Union and Nan throws DC’s first gay parade.
Yes folks, history will be made with this regime.

oakpack on October 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM

It’s working… Obama’s ego and arrogance are starting to come to the forefront… keep pushing guys.

Skywise on October 22, 2008 at 4:21 PM

It’s pretty obvious to me. He’s making a direct correlation to JFK. Bay of Pigs, Cuban missile crisis, Vietnam. What could go wrong?

They’ll be in charge now and hence have the responsibility. They’re dumb but they’re not THAT dumb. They know all the “diplomacy” and “talks” is 99% of the time bullshit and not enough when you’re dealing with certain individuals. So they’re going to have to at least talk tough and brandish military power. Say things that if Bush said them, Code Pink would be trying to handcuff him.

Dash on October 22, 2008 at 4:21 PM

“regardless of who it is, named Barack Hussein Obama”

Hening on October 22, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Gulfcoast

What was not mentioned is he can’t keep his mouth shut

That was my thought. Several people have (more or less) said it. There was this big (secret) briefing, then it was reported that both campaigns had been briefed. Then out pops Joe hinting at what was covered in the (secret) briefing.

If there was any gaff, that was it, STFU Joe.

rockhauler on October 22, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Great headline.

Slublog on October 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM

ditto..

max1 on October 22, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Coddle our enemies.
Piss on our allies.
Abandon the vulnerable.
OBAMA/BIDEN 2008

sulla on October 22, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Heh. They are into Zen koans on the left, now :)

progressoverpeace on October 22, 2008 at 4:24 PM

What a dill rod!

HoosierCon on October 22, 2008 at 4:24 PM

*chomp*

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM

I’ll have to look when I get home, YouTube’s blocked here at work :)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Do you think the left, up to and including Peggy Noonan, Colin Powell,Christopher Hitchens, etal, has the decency to at least wince and grit their teeth when they read the spin Obama and the MSM put to Biden’s, eh, “rhetorical flourish”?

Please. I can’t wait to see the spin they’ll put on PA if Bambi loses it- not sure what the population of PA is, but they probably aren’t all going to fit under Obama’s bus.

anniekc on October 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM

“regardless of who it is, named Barack Hussein Obama”
Hening on October 22, 2008 at 4:22 PM

“Hussein?” You used his middle name? OMG, you are screwed, no one and I mean no one is allowed to use his middle name.

Oh shit, now I wrote it too, which means they will come for me soon and make me disap

Bishop on October 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Bin simply slipped and said Hussein isn’t ready and the whole freakin world knows it.

dogsoldier on October 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Don’t kid yourself.

TheBigOldDog on October 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Will the Joe the idiot VP pick cost Obama the election?

Maxx on October 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM

which means they will come for me soon and make me disap

Bishop on October 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM

I’ll miss that guy.

Vashta.Nerada on October 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Bishop on October 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM

It’s like Candlejack, only wor

*silence*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Is “gonna” a word?

- That one was for you Peggy Noonan -

Mcguyver on October 22, 2008 at 4:29 PM

ace claims he has a ‘good update’ coming on the Obama/Ayers babysitting story

jp on October 22, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Biden knows something. It’s no secret that Obama and McCain surrogates have been given top secret briefings by Bush administration to ensure a smoothe transition.

Not only does Biden know something, he knows what Obama’s response is going to be and he knows that it’s not going to be popular.

Note his audience. San Francisco and Seattle elites. Why is he asking these people to stand behind Obama when he makes the unpopular decision.

I think Allah is right.

CanadianGuy on October 22, 2008 at 4:30 PM

My favorite Jolted Joe “rhetorical flourish”, on poor D.C. school performance compared to Iowa:

“There’s less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than 4 or 5 percent that is, are minorities. What is it in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with.”

Racist? You tell me.

jgapinoy on October 22, 2008 at 4:30 PM

I’ll miss that guy.

Vashta.Nerada on October 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Maybe it’s better for you if you didn’t.

Cicero43 on October 22, 2008 at 4:31 PM

“…..we are no longer about bluster and unilateralism and ideology but we’re about creating partnerships around the world to solve practical problems.”

First class presidential candidate.

Mcguyver on October 22, 2008 at 4:32 PM

It’s always

“What he meant was…”

No, dumbass.

It’s what he SAID.

We know what he meant.

drjohn on October 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM

That’s why Joe Biden said, “if we’re elected”.

RJL on October 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM

He made specific reference to dropping in the polls – that the whole nation will thinks his decisions were wrong. Not just the hard Left or even moderate Left – the whole nation. Poll number go up when the military is used in the face of danger – always. They only go down when President’s shrink from the danger and appear timid.

TheBigOldDog on October 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM

This is NOT a veiled indication of a military response to a foreign threat. It is, rather, an indication of an Obama administration’s willingness to decrease American sovereignty by letting America’s fate be increasingly determined by the United Nations.

Expect the United States to be removed from a permanent position on the UN Security Council and a new United Nations (sales?) tax to be imposed on every transaction. In addition, Obama has already co-sponsored legislation to mandate another $30 Billion annually for “poverty relief” that will, as with other UN programs, hand huge amounts to dictators and thugs throughout the 3rd world.

Ever wonder why Obama is fantasizing about Chuckie Hagel as Sec Def? Hagel also co-sponsored the $30 annual mandate bill… just imagine what he could do with our military converted into a flower-power peace corps under the direction of the United Nations.

Biden is preparing us for the challenge of an enemy that will produce a flower child response and our new national UN tax. Our enemies will extort these dollars that Obama and Hagel already plan to give away. The new tax will be sold as “cheap insurance” under the guise of increased safety to America. And the ultimate damage to our military readiness could mean the end of America.

Mark this: If Obama becomes President, there will arise plenty of issues worth dying for.

T J Green on October 22, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Uhkay, Am bahk an everhing iss fine. Wheh di I geh the faht lhip an the broken ahm?

Nowheh. Am not suppos ta say anyhing, espeshally the word “Hussein.”

Oh crop! Not aga

*static*

Bishop on October 22, 2008 at 4:35 PM

And the winner of the Miss Congeniality Award of the Miss America Pageant is….

Barack Obama!

drjohn on October 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Whew. Just a “rhetorical flourish.” No inside info that the head of the Senate Foreign Relations committee might be privy to. Nope. Just a rhetorical flourish.

I hope Obama’s tax plan is just a “rhetorical flourish,” too, but somehow I think it’s probably just as real as the probability that Obama will be tested until he’s a quivering ball of tears curled up in the fetal position under the President’s desk in the Oval Office the day after his inauguration.

aero on October 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM

TheBigOldDog on October 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM

He also mentioned the perpetrators will discover Obama has a “spine of steel.” You are right about the polls, however, putting a big, gaping hole in the theory put forward by Allah and myself.

CanadianGuy on October 22, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Hillary is behind closed doors today, unable to wipe the smirk off her face.

Vashta.Nerada on October 22, 2008 at 4:37 PM

And to think Obama could have picked Evan Bayh.

Terrye on October 22, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Don’t kid yourself.

TheBigOldDog on Oct 22,2008 at 4:27PM.

TheBigOldDog: Thats only if Israel is going to be over-
run,by the entire ME!

And the very,very,last resort!:)

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I’ll have to look when I get home, YouTube’s blocked here at work :)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Tip then. It’s McCain singing the “bomb Iran Song”

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 22, 2008 at 4:38 PM

CanadianGuy on October 22, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Spine of steel meaning he’s not going to change his mind – resist domestic pressure. He’s going to do what no President has had the nerve to do: abandon Israel in the face of an attack.

TheBigOldDog on October 22, 2008 at 4:38 PM

And to think Obama could have picked Evan Bayh.
Terrye on October 22, 2008 at 4:38 PM

And to think the DFL picked Odummy.

Bishop on October 22, 2008 at 4:39 PM

He also mentioned the perpetrators will discover Obama has a “spine of steel.”
CanadianGuy on October 22, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Does anyone believe that crrrrap? His spine is steel – ONLY WHEN MICHELLE SAYS IT IS!!!!

AubieJon on October 22, 2008 at 4:39 PM

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Go to that link above and watch the video about the Russian arm sales….

TheBigOldDog on October 22, 2008 at 4:40 PM

I took it to mean that Our Dear Leader will blame US for any hostile action anywhere in the world, tell us our chickens are coming home to roost, and declare marshall law.

BitterClinger on October 22, 2008 at 4:41 PM

And the winner of the Miss Congeniality Award of the Miss America World Pageant is….

Barack Obama!

Bishop on October 22, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Obama: My idiot VP’s epic gaffe was a “rhetorical flourish”

Shame on those evil conservatives for making Obama tear himself away from his sick grandma to comment on Biden’s rhetorical flourish.

Y-not on October 22, 2008 at 4:41 PM