AP: Obama has lost six points in three weeks among likely voters

posted at 1:45 pm on October 22, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Take this, as with all polling this cycle, with a grain of salt — but usually the error in the AP polling goes the other direction.  A new poll of likely voters has Barack Obama clinging to a one-point lead, 44%-43%, with John McCain making up almost all of a seven-point deficit over the last three weeks.  Guess what may have done the trick, according to the AP?

An Associated Press-GfK poll shows the presidential race tightened after the final debate, with John McCain gaining among whites and people earning less than $50,000. Two weeks before the election, McCain and Barack Obama are essentially running even among likely voters.

The poll put Obama at 44 percent and McCain at 43 percent among those voters who are considered likely to vote on Nov. 4. The survey supports what some Republicans and Democrats privately have said in recent days: that the race has narrowed as Republicans drift home to their party. McCain’s “Joe the plumber” analogy also seemed to strike a chord.

There’s still plenty of time left in this election.  McCain has now obviously found a winning message that negates Obama’s economic populism.  These respondents hadn’t yet heard Joe Biden’s warning about Obama’s election provoking an international crisis to test his mettle, another message that will regenerate doubts about voting for a man with no executive or military experience in the middle of a war.

The news isn’t great, but there isn’t any need for despair, either.  McCain and Palin need to keep pressing the attack on Obama’s redistributionism and inexperience.

Update: Mary Katharine Ham notes a particularly interesting aspect to this poll:

A significant number of the interviews were conducted by dialing a randomly selected sample of cell phone numbers, and thus this poll had a chance to reach voters who were excluded from some other polls.

Cell-phone users are supposed to be left-leaning demographic historically missed by pollsters (though the vast unpolled cellular herd has never been vast enough to change the game on Election Day). Why would McCain be gaining in a poll with cell-phone users included, and if he is, isn’t it exceedingly promising for the Republican candidate that the numbers are this close? Perhaps they’re polling a disproportionate number of “push-to-talk” Nextel users (read: Joe the Plumber and Tito the Construction Worker) and undersampling Sidekick users.

I’d call that very promising.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

a POSITIVE poll ??

you know that this is an ED THREAD, as Allah has not found Religion yet……..

Janos Hunyadi on October 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Never give up, never give in.

When the media isn’t in the tank for Obama, it’s dangerously incompetent.

Vote, vote, vote on election day.

I’m glad I already cast an absentee ballot against every Democrat out there I could, but I will miss the fine experience of voting against Democrat scum at my polling place.

NoDonkey on October 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM

O/T,Rush mentioned this about a half hour
ago,saying it was about a dead heat!:)

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Please people, you have to help the McCain campaign get the word out about what OBAMA is about.

And we certainly can’t afford to have Joe Biden a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

originalpechanga on October 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Get ready for “All Granny Watch 24/7″ from the MSM.

aquaviva on October 22, 2008 at 1:49 PM

How about the message that if you are not in complete agreement with Comrade Obama and his bots, they will call you racist and attempt to destroy you personally whether you are Sarah Palin, her kids, or JTP? Their tactics scare the hell out of me.

Blake on October 22, 2008 at 1:49 PM

U.S.S Hot Air crew,Have ye faith.:)

canopfor on October 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM

This is where we want to be, two weeks out.

wise_man on October 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM

With Joe the Plumber, McCain finally found his message.

With Joe the Plugger……, well, that’s just delicious gravy on top.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Mac -1 in a D +6 poll? Things are looking up.

I like how Drudge has this poll above Obama’s Landslide headline.

Chuck Schick on October 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Wow, when I usually check in for lunch-time HotAir news, I’m usually gulp gulp guling. Helps the digestion. Now I’m doing old Milton Berle spray the drink through your mouth and nose bits. Very confusing.

Marcus on October 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Hmmm, did not care about the polls before and after a very thorough check – still cannot find any concern for them.

Though I am very hopeful that citizens are rather shocked to see one of their fellow Americans get treated as if he lived in a fascist state.

Ironic that we knew more about him in one day than we still know about Obama.

kybowexar on October 22, 2008 at 1:52 PM

I’ve been listening to Tammy Bruce discuss the details of this poll. McCain has advanced his position in several different demographics.

Mark1971 on October 22, 2008 at 1:52 PM

originalpechanga on October 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I’m not worried about Greasy Joe being a heartbeat away. I’m worried about Stretch Pelosi being an aneurysm away.

Hey Joe, how ’bout releasing all of them medical records, eh?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

you know that this is an ED THREAD, as Allah has not found Religion yet……..

Janos Hunyadi on October 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I appreciate the compliment, but Allahpundit takes a lot of crap for telling people the truth. I love AP’s posts. Not all news is good news.

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

When Obambi loses this election, David Axelrod and David Poof better get themselves some top-flight security guards 24-7.
People who blow what should have been an unblowable election don’t survive in Socialist World.
Bill Ayers better beef his up, too, for picking such a weak crew.

either orr on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Another reason to do everything you can to keep the democrats out.

wise_man on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

I don’t think editorial letters from Obama supporters like this one are helping, either.

flipflop on October 22, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I cant wait til the 5th! I smell the landslide but it aint gonna be The One….can you say NEW Silent Majority.

OSUBuciz1 on October 22, 2008 at 1:54 PM

McCain needs to home in on the most vulnerable soft spots and focus, focus, focus, from here on out. If they get distracted with the plethora of ammunition available, people start to yawn and reach for the remote. By now, his internal polls should tell him which areas to attack. Now is the time, John,..get out in front and charge to the finish line. Don’t be collegial. There is too much at stake.

a capella on October 22, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Ditto, despite the constant appearance of pessimism I enjoy Allah’s articles. I fail to see why people have started to declare him a moron.

That said…

TWELVE MORE DAYS!! TWELVE MORE DAYS!!!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Grain of salt: this poll is mostly before the Powell endorsement and includes days last week when McCain polled well in other polls.

Polls from the last 2-3 days have Obama up 5 or more.

cornfedbubba on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

And the Michelle Obama tapes are still set to drop.

“We are working with computer people and Chief Editor Korir over at African Press International as we speak so the audio file can be transfered over to us for distribution,” Berg said. “They say the information on there is far more extensive than just the things they reported, but before I do anything with it I want to review it in full.”

econavenger on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

He does a lot more than just telling the truth.

wise_man on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

I definitely don’t want to be the person who dismisses polls he/she doesn’t like and celebrate those he/she does, but considering whose poll this is and who’s printing it (Assoc. Press), things must not be so slam-dunk for Obama as much as the media would have us believe.

Pasalubong on October 22, 2008 at 1:56 PM

It must have been my early vote for McCain/Sarah yesterday that helped this poll. Here is South TX, the early voting is the highest it has been in years on just the first two days. Please people, don’t give up, vote. That is all we can do and pray our vote counts.
L

letget on October 22, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Palin:

Mocked AND under rated.

Her appeal may shock everyone when the exit polls are analyzed.

mylegsareswollen on October 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Mega dittos.

Dash on October 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 P

M

The truth? Spare me. It’s not the truth if it excludes almost every positive article. The truth is that it is not over until it is over. The truth is that all this negativity is designed to demoralize republicans and suppress votes. The crap he gets is only a minisucule of what he dishes out.

Blake on October 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Polls from the last 2-3 days have Obama up 5 or more.

cornfedbubba on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

And what are those polls weightings for D/R/I?

Chuck Schick on October 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Her appeal may shock everyone when the exit polls are analyzed. She becomes president in 2012 or 2016….

that is assuming Obama doesn’t win, in which case future elections will be a sham…

right4life on October 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM

WHERE’S THE JOE BIDEN COMMERCIAL?

marklmail on October 22, 2008 at 2:00 PM

If McCain wins, which cabinet post will Joe the Plumber receive…

Secretary of Commerce?
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development?
Director of OMB?

aunursa on October 22, 2008 at 2:00 PM

The daily/hourly poll flucs are as bad for the blood pressure as keeping a constant watch on the Dow. All that matters is the long term trend.

whitetop on October 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Polls are bunk, but at least this poll is bunk based in some reality.

Okay, this poll shows a one-point race. Party breakdown is within historical norms:
48D
44R

Their last poll showed a 7-point Obama lead. Party breakdown:
51D
42R

These numbers include leaners.

Slublog on October 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Chief plumber at the GSA, which oversees federal buildings. On a contract basis, which gives him a chance to make more money while saving us money.

either orr on October 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Meh. Told you so.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Michelle Obama is near my city today and all will be glad to know the Sen. Obama “gets it”. Yay!

Cindy Munford on October 22, 2008 at 2:02 PM

I think that the Joe the Plumber episode has clarified for people what Obama’s brand of populism is, allowing McCain to message on his version of populism.

Obama’s brand of economic populism sells to people with no plans of bettering their lot in life, as well as to the social and economic elite who want to use the federal government to achieve social engineering.

McCain’s brand of economic populism appeals to a much deeper thread in America’s history — that you can become anything through hard work — as well as to Americans’ core belief in “fairness.”

Y-not on October 22, 2008 at 2:03 PM

These pollsters beg the question; Who’s trying to hoodwink and bamboozle who?

OSUBuciz1 on October 22, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Something nice from Fitzjerald in Chicago, or some Justice Department mumbling about RICO and ACORN would be nice about now. I assume compassionate dubya will keep the gag on Justice till this is over.

a capella on October 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

48D
44R

Someone over at Vox’s place guaranteed me that the breakdown this year would be 12%+ in favor of the Democrats. Unless team Barry drugs all GOP voters, there’s no way in hell that happens.

Physics Geek on October 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

a POSITIVE poll ??

you know that this is an ED THREAD, as Allah has not found Religion yet……..

Janos Hunyadi on October 22, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Don’t worry, Allah even now is searching to the ends of the internets to find polls stating at least a 25 point lead for Obama. We will see them shorty, I’m sure.

Maxx on October 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Blaise on October 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

cornfedbubba on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Are those beads of sweat I see? Heh. Be worried, bubba. Be very worried.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Sarah!

ohiorebel on October 22, 2008 at 2:05 PM

And the Michelle Obama tapes are still set to drop.

econavenger on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Hopefully around the same time that the Obama girlfriend story hits mainstream as well as Michelle’s “whitey tapes”. Ain’t counting on it, though. That would require the MSM to actually report something other than the most recent McCain or Palin “controversies”.

rotorhead on October 22, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Ed and Allah are a duo, it’s good cop-bad cop.

Allah is the bad cop. Which probably makes him the better cop, as far as cop standards are concerned. Because good is good but bad is better.

Or something.

BKennedy on October 22, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Again, I ask: if the election was in the bag, why would That One feel the need to buy a half hour on almost every channel a few days before the election?

Kafir on October 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM

If the internal polls are close on election night I fully expect the MSM to pull a year 2000/Dan Rather/CBS stunt and declare Obama the winner early. Legal or not the exit polling in VA and FL will be plastered all over Midwest and Western TV screens long before their polls close.

Limerick on October 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Be nice to see a “Who Do You Think Is Right?” poll between Obama’s vision and Joe the Plumber’s on tax plans come out in the next few days. My guess is it would be instructive as to where Barack’s lead went to over the last seven days.

jon1979 on October 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Perhaps, but he enjoys being the bearer of bad news just a little too much.

Maxx on October 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Maxx on October 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

So, will it be ABC/CBS or NYT/CNN?

BKennedy on October 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM

And the Michelle Obama tapes are still set to drop.

econavenger on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Who is Berg and what is up with these Obama tapes. Where did you get the quote?

bloggless on October 22, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Dewey Beats Truman!!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 2:07 PM

In all seriousness…I am getting f%&#¡$¿g confused. On the same pages (such as Drudge) it is possible to see polls that say Sen. McCain is in for a Carter-like drubbing and, not two links away, another that says it’s a dead heat. – Blaise on October 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Expect the Drive-By media to step up its effort to crush Republican morale by commissioning ridiculously lop-sided polls with absurd numbers and then screaming the news on a 24/7 cycle. Be warned. The polls going into the election are going to go nuts.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:08 PM

this PROVES there IS a God…..and it might even prove he is a PLUMBER!

SDarchitect on October 22, 2008 at 2:08 PM

IDB has it at Obama +3.7 today. On Saturday it was Obama +7.4.

Mark1971 on October 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM

If the internal polls are close on election night I fully expect the MSM to pull a year 2000/Dan Rather/CBS stunt and declare Obama the winner early. – Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 2:07 PM

I’ll go so far as to predict it, although I expect NBC to be the first to do so. It will backfire, like all their other stunts, because the tally isn’t going to be as close as everyone thinks it will.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Polls from the last 2-3 days have Obama up 5 or more.

cornfedbubba on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Big piece o’ rock salt. Take a heart-rending gander at the
RCP Average

and the Pollster.com composite.

trailboss on October 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM

this PROVES there IS a God…..and it might even prove he is a PLUMBER!

SDarchitect on October 22, 2008 at 2:08 PM

the Image of God has shown his face this election through Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber(both Christians I might add)

jp on October 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM

polls suck….

unseen on October 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Actually, I was not either complimenting you or criticizing Allah–or giving him ‘crap’–but noting the difference between the tone and focus of his and your threads

It used to be that I could tell immediately–without noting the name–whether it was Brian or Allah’s thread; now the same is true of you or Mr Pundit.

I’ve defended him and complimented him, but yesterday I did say that his tenth or so negative poll thread in three days or so was……crap.

Your thread on the ‘case against Obama’ was, as I noted there, the BEST thread I’ve ever read so far on ANY blog

Janos Hunyadi on October 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM

this PROVES there IS a God…..and it might even prove he is a PLUMBER!

SDarchitect on October 22, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Well, his Son IS a Carpenter.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM

they already are declaring Obama victory

jp on October 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Legal or not the exit polling in VA and FL will be plastered all over Midwest and Western TV screens long before their polls close. – Limerick on October 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM

It’s not gonna matter. McCain is going to win…handily.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:11 PM

cornfedbubba on October 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

It includes Monday which was afterward. Powells endorsement will bump him above the D +6 weighting, and hold for 2 weeks?

No possible way.

Chuck Schick on October 22, 2008 at 2:11 PM

this PROVES there IS a God…..and it might even prove he is a PLUMBER!

SDarchitect on October 22, 2008 at 2:08 PM

… or, she might be a moose-hunter!

Y-not on October 22, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Joe the Plumber showed the American people just what Obama and his gang of “elites” think of the working man. If you even question their actions, they will destroy you. They saw and heard everything.

volsense on October 22, 2008 at 2:12 PM

I’m sure it’s chapping the MSM and AP that the big surprise was people who make 50,000 and lower going for McCain;

America’s not just a bunch of grubbers with their hand out waiting for Obama to dole out some “credits”!

anniekc on October 22, 2008 at 2:12 PM

All I have to say is that if Obama is elected, Joe the Plumber is going to be audited back to the days of Moses.

Chuck Schick on October 22, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Janos Hunyadi on October 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM

When Allah does do a non-poll post, the headline is usually funnier than Ed’s.

Like some of his Bill Clinton threads that went along the lines of “highly esteemed Democrat secretly voting Republican this year.”

BKennedy on October 22, 2008 at 2:13 PM

i will kiss an — if any one can explain populism.

TomLawler on October 22, 2008 at 2:13 PM

rotorhead on October 22, 2008 at 2:05 PM

This isn’t 1988. It’s 2008 and we live in the world of the alternate media: internet, talk radio, Fox News. If that tape exists, the Drive-By media will be unable to suppress it. It will get out and the damage to Obama would be incalculable.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:15 PM

I’m trying to convince my wife to let me put a sign in the yard that says:

“Welcome, all Obama canvassers-please come inside to explain to my kids why he should get their money”

hippie_chucker on October 22, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Hummm, has anyone ever seen Ed and Allah together? Kind of like you never see Clark Kent and Superman together. Just asking.

BobK on October 22, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Not to mention the arrogant Dem politicians who got a little too cocky- Fwanks, Murtha, BIDEN, etc. who thought they were SOOOOO far ahead they could say whatever they wanted, with no blowback. HA!

NOW- What will McCain do with this bit of good news?! Hopefully he’ll let Sarah go nuts all over PA, OH, and FL!

anniekc on October 22, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Big piece o’ rock salt. Take a heart-rending gander at the RCP Average and the Pollster.com composite. – trailboss on October 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM

*shrugs* No surprise there.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Not all news is good news.

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Permit me to brighten some days with anecdotal evidence. I just got back from early voting and signing up to help the local McCain/Palin machine here in southwest Florida.

Driving through neighborhoods on the way there, I counted 11 McCain yard signs and 3 Obama. Very scientific poll there.

First, the line was very long and very McCain. My luck, I was stuck between a group of 3 and a husband/wife that were among the few Obamanuts. The H/W were from MA originally and the wife was an Obama volunteer, the 3 in front were all foreign born… 1 dutch (Obama volunteer), 2 Caribbean islanders.

When we checked in (after over an hour in line), they did everything but run DNA tests before we could get a certificate to then get a ballot.

When I was going to run my ballot through the scanner, the husband of the H/W dropped his “privacy” folder and I saw his ballot as he scooped it up CLEARLY MARKED MCCAIN. His wife was still filling hers out, so she missed it (lucky for him).

When I arrived at the McCain/Palin office, they saw my “I voted” sticker. When they asked who I voted for, I told them “I voted for the Democrat instead of the Marxist”. Their sense of humor was low until I signed up for phone calls and driving duty to take people to the polls and then bought t-shirts and buttons for my household.

That’s my voting experience for the day.

CC – BHO: “my Muslim faith”

CapedConservative on October 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM

When the media isn’t in the tank for Obama, it’s dangerously incompetent.

NoDonkey — The media is dangerously incompetent most of the time, in or out of the tank.

cheeflo on October 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM

They always oversample liberals as the reported last friday. mac is actually way ahead.

dogsoldier on October 22, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I’m tellin ya I keep seeing a commercial on tv that says a couple saved $30,000 on furniture by going to some furniture warehouse. Numbers are just numbers. The only number I know is Nov. 04 and we need to get our asses out there and vote like we need to, take a friend and hope for rain. Folks aren’t showing up in massive numbers and record ratings going through the roof because they dont like Palin. They want to see more of her. Well theres only one way to get it. There’s also only one way to insure proper handling of a conflict when this inevitable attack occurs after the elections and thats NOT Obama, its McCain. Elect some flunky some other time, but right now our country needs a fighter whose dislikes our enemies….and that fighter is McCAIN!

johnnyU on October 22, 2008 at 2:19 PM

CapedConservative on October 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM

*shrugs and grins* No surprise there.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:23 PM

CapedConservative on October 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Thanks. Laughed so hard I just about pissed myself. How many men will vote for McCain in secret and tell their wives they voted for Obama?

I voted for the democrate instead of the marxist. classic

thanks again.

unseen on October 22, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Ed,

Allah takes a lot of crap because he comes from the Noonan wing of the party. His posts while factual continue his own depressing spin on the issue. His attacks on Fred and Palin have been nothing but negative. He does not help conservatives. Allah does not understand flyover country.

unseen on October 22, 2008 at 2:27 PM

It was suggested above and maybe mentioned in another thread, but for the next two weeks, McCain-Palin may want to license the motto of the Jimmy V Foundation for Cancer Research:

“Don’t give up, don’t ever give up.”

BuckeyeSam on October 22, 2008 at 2:27 PM

BobK on October 22, 2008 at 2:16 PM

or Jekil & Hide

neuquenguy on October 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM

*shrugs and grins* No surprise there.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:23 PM

I think I’m developing a manly rash of some sort myself. This Bud’s for you, my eternal-font-of-optimism!

Jaibones on October 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM

IBD has the race very close to, y’all, on Drudge…just for a laugh, read the last column about displaying the flag, by party. Its a hoot!

hippie_chucker on October 22, 2008 at 2:28 PM

*shrugs* No surprise there.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Yeah, I understand Rash. Trying to keep up the troops morale. Good on you for that motivation.

But keeping up this magical thinking and blaming the polls and eventually McCain’s defeat (assuming he is defeated, not making predictions) on an MSM/Dem/Pollsters/RINO/Defeatist conspiracy just keeps people from thinking clearly about what is going on around them. It’s patronizing and destructive.

This is a political fight, not a real war, and characterizing it as such may suit your purposes, but it serves to increase and harden the polarity splitting the country you claim so to love.

It does far more harm than good.

trailboss on October 22, 2008 at 2:29 PM

CapedConservative on October 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM
*shrugs and grins* No surprise there.

ManlyRash on October 22, 2008 at 2:23 PM

And, since the wife was an Obama volunteer, I’m sure she would be a probable “exit poll” responder. No way her husband would say he voted for McCain. I can’t wait to see just how far off the exit polls are this time.

When I was talking with a poll worker about the nearest McCain/Palin office to volunteer, I complained about how long the wait was and that I should have just waited for election day. She told me that she is from my precinct and is a poll worker there too and that they are expecting turnout like never before and that it was good for me that I didn’t wait. My precinct is very very very very heavily Republican.

CC – BHO: “my Muslim faith”

CapedConservative on October 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM

No matter what happens, everyone will want to have cast a vote in this election.

Because if Obama wins, you’re definitely going to want to say (and not be a liar), “I voted against him and I did what I could to defeat Barack Obama”.

NoDonkey on October 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM

We’ll need to remember this thread after the 4th. When Obama loses, they’ll all be screaming “fix!” because the exit polls and the polls prior all said big “O” landslide.

This is just not the case in every instance.

Schwarze Tulpe on October 22, 2008 at 2:33 PM

I’m so sick of the poll rollercoster, i’m strapping a puke bucket to my chest (nod to Monty Python Meaning of Life). Really, this is making me want to pull what little hair I have left. Worse than all, I find myself all but dropping to my knees praying McCain wins, despite the fact that I was a Fred supporter and once payed McCain didn’t win.

I’m so confused!

Falconsword on October 22, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Ed,

unseen on October 22, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Allahpundit has a very important difference with the Noonan/Brooks/Parker et al axis of idiocy in that he isn’t a bloviating moron, a hubristic bore, or an overinflated egomaniac. If anything, Allah is self-effacing.

And despite his non-religiousity, he is certainly more socially conservative than a lot of the aforementioned axis. Allah isn’t going to post some trope about a Reverse-Bradley effect because of a few “conservative” spinsters that emailed him.

Allahpundit has a lot of patience and is a pretty darn good guy. It would be a detriment to HA and the conservative blogosphere to lose him.

BKennedy on October 22, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Sarah needs to start talking about Obama’s sleazy earmarks to friends and family as a state senator and later as a US senator. Asking the audience the simple question, “Is this what you want your tax dollars being spent on with no accountability while pointing to the Rev Wright’s hate speech, Michelle’s hospital and Chicago radical schools”.

Use these as examples that scream out for reform, the reforms McCain has championed and been thwarted by Dems including some Repubs, mention the bridge to nowhere.

patrick neid on October 22, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Allah is more fun to pick on than you.

Old Hippie Vet on October 22, 2008 at 2:36 PM