Video: Barney Frank wants more taxes

posted at 8:25 am on October 21, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Suddenly, with Barack Obama pitching almost a trillion dollars in new spending, leading Democrats see nothing wrong with deficit spending. Why? Because the rich will pay for it, silly! Barney Frank explains that spending tons of money we don’t have now will be no problem, because he knows where to get it:

I think at this point, there needs to be an immediate increase in spending, and I think this is a time when deficit fear has to take a second, uh, a second seat. I do think this is the time for a very important kind of dose of [unintelligible]. Yes, I think later on, there should be tax increases. Speaking personally, I think there are a lot of rich people out there who we can tax at a point down the road to recover some of this money.

Frank has a large amount of chutzpah to talk about recovering money.  Frank and his cohorts in Congress ensured that we lost the money by blocking regulators from doing their jobs at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.  Frank himself kept telling us from 2001 to this year that Fannie and Freddie were solvent and that there wouldn’t be a collapse — and so we didn’t need to toughen oversight over their business practices.

Look at Frank grin while talking about all of the rich people he’ll soak with new taxes if given the chance.  Frank loves his class warfare.  He’s one of the architects of this financial collapse, and now he wants to make sure that the collapse is complete by confiscating the capital that would correct it.  I’m not sure if he’s insane or just stupid, but neither makes me terribly comfortable while Frank remains chair of the Financial Services Committee.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Why is she giving him so much credibility? Why isn’t she reminding America how negligent criminal he is?

jgapinoy on October 21, 2008 at 8:28 AM

…at least point out that his boyfriend was a bigshot at Fannie.

jgapinoy on October 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM

I’m not sure if he’s insane or just stupid,

He has overdosed on sperm.

csdeven on October 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM

This is a very mobile and dynamic world. Money would just flee the US and that little monetary scare we had a few weeks ago would look like a walk in the park compared to what will happen.

progressoverpeace on October 21, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Barney Frank is a disgrace to this nation. The voters of MA-04 would do us all a favor by throwing the bastard out of office in two weeks. Not that I have any confidence in the electorate that keep that lisping pile of crap in DC will do the right thing.

highhopes on October 21, 2008 at 8:31 AM

How else is Barney Frank going to get by than from taxing and stealing? Frank has no scruples. No one should be surprised any longer about Frank being so frank about his “right” as a legislator to punish Americans and abuse our Constitutional government.

APPALLED, YES!
Disturbed enough to do something about it? You bet.

Vote democrats into the minority!!!

maverick muse on October 21, 2008 at 8:32 AM

progressoverpeace on October 21, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Not just money. Jobs would also flee.

highhopes on October 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM

So if Barney Frank has his way, we will all be taking it in the rea……….. Oh, never mind.

Star20 on October 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM

That’s too mild for my tastes. I hope that people feel something stronger than discomfit at the thought of socialist looters continuing to run our government.

I’m hoping for some righteous anger, defiance, rage and action. Why be so polite when the stakes are so high. Often the meek tone of this campaign leaves me scratching my head.

JiangxiDad on October 21, 2008 at 8:34 AM

I’m not sure if he’s insane or just stupid

I am. Both.

Cheese and Rice, McCain, you have ad material simply piling up out here. Broadcast this far and wide and you will win. Every single dem who is sure that Odummy is going to win is salivating about raising taxes and not making a secret of it.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

I’m not sure if he’s insane or just stupid,
He has overdosed on sperm.

csdeven on October 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM

WOW…Just.WOW

The Dimbocrats are talking about super majorities but I think once the country see how much insane spending is about to take place we will have a great arguement to make even if the get greater control of the congress. In about two years it will be a wash…

Dritanian on October 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Frank is simply a liberal partisan hack. I still remember, right after the Dems took back Congress, when Frank was presiding over the House, and a few GOP Reps pulled the same BS that Dems did, and Barney got all upset…

Insane or stupid? Both.

JetBoy on October 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Barney Frank wants another Great Depression.

maverick muse on October 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

This whole banking disaster was planned. It is a plot for the takeover of our country.

stenwin77 on October 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

He said Keynesian spending, which sent my Economist husband in a tizzy. Keyesian economics (and Barney Frank) got us into this mess to begin with. It’s like as if I had taken a big dose of arsenic, I wouldn’t take another big dose as the antidote – that’s what that turd is asking us to do.

Ann NY on October 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Not just money. Jobs would also flee.
highhopes on October 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Not just money and job. People would also flee.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:36 AM

Recover? You mean stealing the money back? Is this the new plot to Oceans-15?

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 8:37 AM

Franks removes all doubt that the dims think their goals of instituting socialism on our country is just a matter of days away. Taking from achievers and giving to the uninspired in order to have control over the masses has been the ultimate goal for elitist control freaks since the beginning of time. Freedom is on the verge of being that which someone else decides it should be.

volsense on October 21, 2008 at 8:37 AM

Welcome to The United States of New Jersey!

What unopposed Democratic rule did to New Jersey and California and most major urban centers is going national.

I’ll wager that countries like Ireland, with pro-growth and pro-business environments are going to start looking mighty attractive for US businesses.

mylegsareswollen on October 21, 2008 at 8:38 AM

I’m not sure if he’s insane or just stupid…

Well, Liberalism IS a Mental Disorder

mrfixit on October 21, 2008 at 8:39 AM

Paffhetic.

BadgerHawk on October 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM

He has overdosed on sperm.

csdeven on October 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM

I should read hot air before I eat breakfast. :x

Darth Executor on October 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM

What in hell does this clown know about anything? Why does an idiot like this have power over our economy?

Why isn’t this pervert exhibit one of why the Democrats will damage this country? This guy is demonstrably incompetent and likely corrupt, yet there he is, making more stupid policies.

The Republicans have been presented with the most corrupt, incompetent bunch of unqualified clowns in history to run against, yet they refuse to call the Democrats what they are – completely incompetent, corrupt idiots.

NoDonkey on October 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Bawney has suffered permanent brain damage from giving too much head.

txsurveyor on October 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM

What makes this so disgusting also is that this is the Carter economic playbook.
Misery index anyone?
These true believers will happily ruin this country if they can enrich themselves with power and money.
Well the rich aren’t stupid- watch capital flee this country

jjshaka on October 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM

How can individual states resist something like this? Can they at all? Because if Obarfy gets elected, it will come down to states resisting the excesses of a DFL federal government.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM

He’s not insane or stupid. . . he’s a power hungry con man.

- The Cat

MirCat on October 21, 2008 at 8:41 AM

LMAO

Barney Frank Punch Me Doll

I can’t stand that guy…

deedtrader on October 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM

P.S. That can also apply to Obama

MirCat on October 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Great, now we can all get the chance to live like we’re citizens of Michigan.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM

The tax code is full of loopholes, many of which are put in place by politicians as favors to their big money, i.e. rich, donors. The idea that we are going to pay for a whole host of new spending on the wallets of the rich is laughable. People such as Bill Gates and Warren Buffet structure their finances to minimize their taxes and they will continue to do so. The taxes are going to fall on the rest of us. And if we complain then we aren’t being patriotic and may in fact be racist.

Small and medium sized businesses are going to be hardest hit and thus they won’t be creating new jobs.

rbj on October 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Democrats are talking massive tax increases and talking about gutting of our free trade agreements. The coming depression is going to make the 30′s look like a warm up.

MarkTheGreat on October 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Republicans should really start looking for principal individuals and rebuilding the brand asap for the next midterms…soemthing tells me that the dems will be ripe for the pickings.

Dritanian on October 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM

So Ben Dover thinks we need more taxes? How’s that gay brothel thing working out?

sabbott on October 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM

We need to expand the housing welfare state to all illegals.

Of course, rich will defined as

1. Those in general making more than $75K.

2. Republicans making any money.

3. GSE chairmen will be exempt. So will Hollywood actors.

drjohn on October 21, 2008 at 8:43 AM

If Obama wins, my purchases switch to basic food stuffs and items to make my house more efficient and secure. All other purchases cease.

MarkTheGreat on October 21, 2008 at 8:43 AM

I want to burst out of this echo chamber. I’m tired of living inside it.

JiangxiDad on October 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM

sabbott on October 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Brothels exempt from new taxes also.

drjohn on October 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Yes sir, your Grace!

Illinois poll this morning on RCP…..Obama +24
Oklahoma poll this morning on RCP…..McCain +24

Reconcile that, all you Borg out there in Redistribution Land.

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM

I kinow I know, let’s take all the rich people and – chop their heads off!

Akzed on October 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Ann NY on October 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Right. Barney Frank won’t take the “antidote” though he will require the entire population drink his arsenic.

Like Moody said after the greatest natural disaster in America, last century’s hurricane that completely destroyed Galveston and killed everyone when it was the biggest and most flamboyant city in Texas. “ALL THE MORE FOR US.”

The saboteurs Barney Frank and PAULSON are not simply thieves since they totally destroy lives, they are more aligned with murderers; and as they destroy our nation, they are traitors to the Constitution that they are sworn to protect. AT LEAST LEGISLATORS ARE SWORN TO PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION.

WHAT OF TREASURY SECRETARIES?!!!

maverick muse on October 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Another example of how tolerant Liberals are when it comes to people having choices that don’t follow in step with the Liberal policy.

They wonder why we question their “love of (this) country”.

Keemo on October 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM

We’re so screwed.

lodge on October 21, 2008 at 8:45 AM

mylegsareswollen on October 21, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Businesses continue to flee the Crossroads of the American Revolution at a steady pace. Those that remain in NJ are being taxed to the point where they, too, will pull up stakes and go elsewhere. Damn shame.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Where are McCain and Palin today?

Why not have them just read HA threads out loud for the next 14 days.

JiangxiDad on October 21, 2008 at 8:47 AM

I kinow I know, let’s take all the rich people and – chop their heads off! – Akzed on October 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Start with the lawyers first.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Haysoos Marimba, read the Medved article at the top of HA if you want to have the shit scared out of you.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Don’t worry! Congress will investigate & hold hearings on the F & F fiasco…after the election.

jgapinoy on October 21, 2008 at 8:48 AM

He has neither conscience nor shame.

Bad set of properties.

drjohn on October 21, 2008 at 8:48 AM

In a just world he’d be frog marched to Levenworth for the rest of his life. But as democraps have one standard for the people they elect, just that they be accomplished thieves, he will probably be re-elected.

eaglewingz08 on October 21, 2008 at 8:49 AM

Sadly, this is what a lot of Americans want, because a lot of people just don’t know better. Conservatives are not getting the message out for a variety of reasons.

I can’t think of any Democrats who are talking about growth, they just want to shuffle the money around and make everyone equally mediocre.

This is a very dangerous time. I guess most of the people who should be responsibly reporting all of this don’t really care that they will be ruined financially as well.

I no longer have any doubts that an Obama presidency, coupled with Democrat control of Congress, will be an epic disaster.

This is why people at McCain rallies are fired up. The damage they can do in 2 years (assuming conservatives – note I don’t say Repulicans – can regain Congress) won’t be undone in 2 decades.

reaganaut on October 21, 2008 at 8:49 AM

Where the hell are the TV ads on this stuff? No Biden, No Frank, No “wealth redistribution”. I’m in MO, and it’s Obama ALL THE TIME- No McCain. I’m tired of trying to figure his “campaign” out.

anniekc on October 21, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Does that mean I would need to move to Oklahoma? The southern and lower midwest states seem to be setting themselves as the new resistance to the socialism staring us in the face.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:51 AM

JiangxiDad on October 21, 2008 at 8:47 AM

McCain will be in Pittsburgh this afternoon at a rally, My wife, our 8yr old son, and I will be there to see him.

mrfixit on October 21, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Read the Medved article up on the top, he talks about this very thing. It’s creepy.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:51 AM

Come to Texas. And bring your firearms.

txsurveyor on October 21, 2008 at 8:52 AM

anniekc on October 21, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Don’t blame McCain. We are the ones who didn’t send him $150million in September and we are the ones who watch Survivor and Crap-with-Katie-Couric.

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 8:53 AM

soon we’ll all learn to love big bro obama…

or else…

right4life on October 21, 2008 at 8:54 AM

mrfixit on October 21, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Maybe you can do us all a favor and report back whether candidate McCain is as fired-up as we are. And whether he WARNS people of the dangers of Obama and socialism.

I just want to know if he clearly thinks it’s as crucial for him to win as I do. That’s my big doubt.

JiangxiDad on October 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM

All this talk about capital fleeing for places like ireland, why hasn’t it already happened? I mean, our corporate rate has been high for years…

ernesto on October 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Come to Texas. And bring your firearms.
txsurveyor on October 21, 2008 at 8:52 AM

I may just do that, firearms and all.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:56 AM

ernesto on October 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Because the hit hasn’t been across the board in every manner possible, there are other factors which mitigate just the high corporate tax rates.

No longer under the entitlement, taxation and spending spree being advocated by the DFL.

Bishop on October 21, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Put that fat disgusting puke behind bars.

MadisonConservative on October 21, 2008 at 8:58 AM

JiangxiDad on October 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Will do, JD. Maybe with my wife being in her wheelchair will get us seated close enough that I can ask him a question or two.( if he takes any from the audience that is)

mrfixit on October 21, 2008 at 8:59 AM

ernesto on October 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM

I think it’s more that, even though the corporate rate is too high, other factors and incentives kept costs low enough where it was still more profitable to keep investment capital here. Of course, that will all change should Obama take the election…

Matt Helm on October 21, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Where the hell are the TV ads on this stuff?

It doesn’t matter, this is what people want.

We’ve let the liberals control the conversation for so long, very few people understand the ramifications of what these clowns are saying and doing.

People want this, they want to stick it to the so-called “rich”. We will cripple our economy and stifle growth so all the slackers and losers on the left can score an extra 20 bucks a week.

reaganaut on October 21, 2008 at 9:00 AM

Notice the little pile of crap doesn’t have the guts to come back on Fox News and spew all this there?

Barney Frank is a dirty yellow coward!

And he is a crook!

pilamaye on October 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM

Let this be a stark and chilling warning to those considering not voting for McCain in a few weeks. This Frank jackass is the CHAIRMAN of the FSC, and an Obamalanch with a 60+ seat senate will change the government of the USA, not for a few years, but forever.

In Canada, we only had Trudeau for a relatively small amount of time (at leat during the period of his “daddy state” phase) and we could not and will likely never be able to reverse our own little welfare paradise up here. Sure, it’s paradise if you like paying almost 40% in income tax just for making over 72K per year, not to mention our lovely 14% sales tax. Our Universal Health care? Search “Canada” and “User Fees”.

The idea that conservatives can sit this out and “come back” stronger and more pure is a fantasy…

Ignore the polls, don’t give up your franchise based on some garbage NYT/CBS/Pravda psuedo-poll and get out there on November 4! (and bring a friend!)

Waterboy on October 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM

This is a soft October revolution that resembles 1917 Russia.

This has gone beyond a socialist agenda, and is turning into something even darker.

Saltysam on October 21, 2008 at 9:03 AM

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Exactly right Limerick… I worked (private business) on Hollywood sets and studios for 20 years. The general attitude is that Republicans bitch and whine about the bias networking in Hollywood, while they are busy watching our programming and buying our product. Republicans bitch and whine about biased companies owned by the Disney Corp all while they are busy emptying the shelves of Disney product for their children.

I might add, they are right about these accusations… Hurt these creatures in the wallet, and watch them lose power right before our eyes. Bitch and whine, while watching their programming, and buying their product…..

Keemo on October 21, 2008 at 9:03 AM

get out there on November 4! (and bring a friend!)

Waterboy on October 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM

and haul two sock puppets, your canary and a goldfish with you too.

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 9:03 AM

MA voters need to kick Mushmouth out to the curb for the trash guys to pick up. How anybody can vote dem these days, I don’t understand.

ErinF on October 21, 2008 at 9:03 AM

get out there on November 4! (and bring a friend!)

Waterboy on October 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM
and haul two sock puppets, your canary and a goldfish with you too.

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 9:03 AM

No can do, ACORN has already registered my goldfish…

Waterboy on October 21, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Waterboy on October 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM

That is the best way to deal with this situation–don’t give Obama the chance to enact these policies–stop him at the ballot box.

Matt Helm on October 21, 2008 at 9:04 AM

“If you liked the USSR, you’ll LOVE Obama”

bumpersticker of my dreams…..

mrfixit on October 21, 2008 at 9:05 AM

ernesto on October 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM

You haven’t been paying attention. The capital has been leaving. Though I expect the rate will accelerate as the new taxes come to the fore.

MarkTheGreat on October 21, 2008 at 9:07 AM

“Vote for Obama, then you too can live in a third world socialist nation!”

hmmmm…..

mrfixit on October 21, 2008 at 9:08 AM

<blockquote“If you liked the USSR, you’ll LOVE Obama”

Barack of the US..
Barack of the US..
Barack of the USSR

Hening on October 21, 2008 at 9:10 AM

ernesto on October 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Ignorance times 10.

Saltysam on October 21, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Hey- I DID send him $$$, and I did NOT lower myself to watch Katie Couric. (that would have cut into my Brit Hume time, and I don’t forsake Brit for anybody-) If McCain’s out of cash, he better start crying about it NOW! While people are starting to freak out about Obama/Biden making bad decisions, (understatement) and the Pigman, (Franks) stealing all our money.

anniekc on October 21, 2008 at 9:10 AM

ernesto on October 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM

It can’t completely flee, America is the wealthiest nation on the planet, and the best market. It is more profitable for a lot of companies to be close to the market. You have to consider resources, which includes skilled workers.

There are also trade barriers, and as you see, when some of those barriers were removed (NAFTA), a lot of companies did move to Mexico.

A big reason much of it hasn’t fled, is where would it go? Capital has to be invested in something. Ireland may offer tax breaks, but it would be too expensive to mass produce anything in Ireland and ship it to the United States. They don’t have a large skilled workforce, and all of Europe is still much mroe liberal than we are. Many companies have national unions (I worked or a Danish company), which is expensive for employers.

Can you say 6-7 weeks of mandatory paid vacation? Overtime restrictions, 32 hour work weeks, lack of space, lack of infastructure, massive environmental controls, and so on. Even if a country is tax friendly, it doesn’t mean they are business friendly.

reaganaut on October 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM

<blockquoteI’m not sure if he’s insane or just stupid

I would say a great amount of both. The fact that this idiot is allowed to sit in Congress, let alone be in charge of anything is a sign that this country has lost its way.

Hening on October 21, 2008 at 9:12 AM

“If you liked the USSR, you’ll LOVE Obama”

bumpersticker of my dreams…..

mrfixit on October 21, 2008 at 9:05 AM

What if Palin started playing “Back to the USSR” (Beatles) at her campaign stops? Too obvious? Or maybe as subtle as Kerry’s “Depends Undergarment” joke?

The RNC needs to get angry, McCain needs to get angry. It may be too late for the undecideds (who cares are this point anyway…see great cartoon on Lucienne.com).

Gotta get the base motivated and out to vote RNC, or you guys can kiss 90% of your contributions goodbye for the next 3-5 years at least.

Waterboy on October 21, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I wonder if guys in Barney’s fraternity fight over him because he has no teeth.

Jed1899 on October 21, 2008 at 9:13 AM

OMFG, this turd wants to restore Keynesianism.

For any of you who don’t remember the 1970s or don’t know any economics, Keynesian economics is what governed the behavior of the Fed from the New Deal through the Reagan revolution. They used to fiddle with the money supply in an attempt to balance growth and inflation, thinking that growth was not possible without inflation. Keynesians also taught that growth and recession were linked in an unbreakable cycle. They also had the notion that government spending stimulated growth.

All of Keynesian economics was discredited during the Reagan years. Reagan demonstrated that the cycle of growth and recession was not inevitable, that growth was possible without inflation, and that taxation suppressed economic growth.

Now that amoral, infernal fool Barney Frank wants to restore Keynesian economics. Just for a little while. Right, Barney. We believe you.

The man should be impeached and sent packing.

philwynk on October 21, 2008 at 9:13 AM

~B. Frank

That sums up the left’s position quite well and provides the basis for class warfare.

As usual, the Democrats have it backwards, they want to raise the white flag on a shooting war and aggressively open up a new front on class warfare.

When govt declares class warfare on parts of its citizenry and enacts confiscatory taxation, it looses moral suasion. The higher the taxes and spending, the more every day citizen feels justified in cheating on his/her taxes and hiding investments and savings.

moxie_neanderthal on October 21, 2008 at 9:14 AM

CNBC these days has become indistinguishable from a politburo channel.

promachus on October 21, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Come to Texas. And bring your firearms.

I’m hoping to land a job down there in San Antonio.

Had to move out of my home town of Pittsburgh after the Democrats and the unions killed the economy there.

Now I’m living around a bunch of worthless lawyers and government employees, here in Arlington, Virginia. Where I’ll soon have not only a completely worthless, corrupt and incompetent Democrat Congressman in Jim Moran, but the same with Mark Warner and the vile Jim Webb in the Senate.

I would love to move my family to Texas and out of what’s left of what was once the great Commonwealth of Virginia.

NoDonkey on October 21, 2008 at 9:19 AM

why does this guy ALWAYS look like he just rolled out of bed?

blatantblue on October 21, 2008 at 9:20 AM

The man should be impeached and sent packing.

Well, it’s only what Frank and his generation grew up learning. The 60′s weren’t the birthplace of radicalism in America, the 20′s and 30′s were. All those Marxist profs were grad students in the 1920′s and 30′s, and were tenured by the 60′s just in time to brainwash a massive generation of boomers who, as we can see, dominate the “elite” today.

Obama has a pure ideological bloodline going back to the “Reds” era of eary 20th century leftist American politics.

Waterboy on October 21, 2008 at 9:22 AM

why does this guy ALWAYS look like he just rolled out of bed?

… and left his teeth in the dirty swill jar next to the bed.

ErinF on October 21, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Barney Frank is a disgrace to this nation. highhopes on October 21, 2008 at 8:31 AM

The democrats know they have won and won big. They are on the brink of having unlimited and unstoppable power to remold this country into their perverse utopian fantasy. They are so convinced that this is a done deal that they are no longer afraid to talk about what they will do because they know that nothing can stop them short of BO dropping out and that may not even change the outcome.

After the election BF will be made into a hero of this Republic who has made incalculable sacrifice over the years and especially during this Bush created economic disaster. BF will go down as one of the greatest men to have ever served this country. In this matter I have no doubt.

jmarcure on October 21, 2008 at 9:29 AM

stenwin77 on October 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM

I’ve been thinking along those lines, too.

This guy should be physically barred from ever stepping foot in the Capitol again.

CP on October 21, 2008 at 9:32 AM

Thank you, Massachusetts.

whitetop on October 21, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Barney Frank: “I think there are some very rich people who we can tax down the road to recover some of this money”. Ponder that for a moment. Recover money from rich people. It’s like, I can’t pay my rent this month, so I’m going to go recover some money from the liquor store on the corner. See that car over there? I think I might recover the DVD player out of it. The guy who owns the car is rich. He’ll be OK without it. Look, I need to pay my rent! It’s a nobrainer.

Paul-Cincy on October 21, 2008 at 9:34 AM

In a French type revolution his head would alredy be in a basket.

wepeople on October 21, 2008 at 9:35 AM