Palin: If I had said what Biden said, the media would have destroyed me

posted at 8:08 pm on October 21, 2008 by Allahpundit

Even Drew Griffin, fresh off his egregious smear of National Review, doesn’t dare disagree.

This may be the first and only matter on which the ‘Cuda and Document Dan are aligned.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 9:48 PM

Yeah, I don’t know why Bill Kristol keeps on getting trashed along with the turncoats. He’s been totally on Palin’s side – he’s the one who has been pushing them to get her out there as much as possible. He’s also been keeping his eye open for a path to victory, and has never looked fooled by Obama. Was he an immigration squish? I don’t even remember (not being always ready to go to the barricades on the issue).

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Bill Kristol has been a major defeatist. Anyone offering the GOP advice from the op-ed pages of the NY Times (someone wrote) is akin to offering America advice from the pages of Pravda.

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Are you, young lady, so impudent as to slander the integrity of the msm, and imply that there is bias in this august body of professionals???!!!

That’s intolerant! Close minded!! and, and… racist!!!

THE ONE shall name a prosecutor to your case!!!

WE will be intolerant of intolerance.

locomotivebreath1901 on October 21, 2008 at 10:04 PM

MALFORMED ERROR….I want to see it.

kahall on October 21, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Yes, and Dan Rather agrees with her!

carbon_footprint on October 21, 2008 at 8:08 PM

And so does Madilene Albright.

TheSitRep on October 21, 2008 at 10:06 PM

On second thought, I will take Kristol off the list. The one I would like to punch in the face (if I could choose) would be nancy boy George Will (who has had nothing of interest to say since 1988).

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:06 PM

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 10:02 PM

I don’t remember him being an immigration squish but so much has happened and it seems so long ago. The good old days when we broke the phone system in the Capital. Funny because I am still sort of holding a grudge against Lindsey Graham for saying Shuuuut Up and calling the masses “loud people”. That sort of thing usually makes me want to fall right in line like a good little girl./sarc.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Look behind the scenes, not only are the planning for victory, but also for a loss, that’s when things will get interesting.

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2008 at 9:50 PM

I live in L.A. and remember full well the riots after the Rodney King verdict. I remember being stopped by the sheriff on the 118 freeway and having to show my driver’s license to prove I lived past where I was stopped (to be pc they were stopping everyone) the scare was that our white neighborhoods were going to be burned down. I remember the threats we heard here from young black men about what would happen if O.J. was found guilty… So I don’t take anything for granted because I think this means a lot more to black people thatn anything else before ever has…

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Do you have some evidence for the accusation that Kristol’s been a “defeatist”? Every time I’ve seen him on the subject of the election, either in the NYT or on FNS or in TWS, going back a year and up to the last week, he’s been one of the few voices insisting that the presidency could be won by the Republicans.

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Well the Times had to get a new conservative writer since Mr. Brooks developed the hots for Sen. Obama. I hope Mr. Kristol recognizes the pitfalls, maybe it’s the paper that makes you go all goofy.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:06 PM

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM

“CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM”

iirc, he did throw in with the shamnesty crowd on at least one occasion …

Buckaroo on October 21, 2008 at 10:11 PM

’nuff said on Kristol then – though I am still curious why he turns up on traitor lists. – CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Kristol is on probation. ’nuff said.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:11 PM

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 9:58 PM

After seeing how fantastic Palin is and how natural her charm and her smarts are…I think she was probably given so many restrictions by the campaign on what she could or could not say and it wasn’t natural to her so her interviews came off awkward. To give them credit they seems to have decided it’s better to let her be who she is….

At this point I don’t care that my husband seems to have a crush on her :)

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:12 PM

At this point I don’t care that my husband seems to have a crush on her :)

As does every red-blooded right-thinking American man (and no small number of red-blooded etc. women)!

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Palin: If I had said what Biden said, the media Allah would have destroyed me

Fixed it.

Fuquay Steve on October 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM

That is why I don’t listen to MSNBC.

I don’t doubt that she has turned off some people, but I can not think of any other running mate that would been so attractive to the base.

I guess it balances out.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:12 PM

I think she is a very quick study and I believe it was probably best to let her get the lay of the land. We could probably come up with a million different ways they could or should have introduced her but there will still be complaints. Look in the headlines, one article talking about her being the nominee in 2012, another about her being out of control. As many opinions as people.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Dale:

I would imagine that there have been a lot of blacks out there who have felt that way about Republicans for decades. Not fair I know, but that is how they see it.

I think Obama intensifies the feeling, but the truth is for 80% of blacks voting a straight Democrat ticket has been a fact of life or a long long time. Now it is 95% of blacks.

I just hope that the same is not true for hispanics. We can not keep losing entire demographics to Democrats.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Kristol said something defeatist, I think after McCain’s 2nd debate but, I can’t remember what it was. It upset people because he has been so staunch in his support and optimism

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Though I’m pessimistic as all hell, which is obvious from my above post; I will say, there are so many “weird” things going on; I’m almost of a mind to believe that in this one election, for some reason, maybe ALL the polls are just plain wrong!

There are stories like this; where Palin is outdrawing even the new Messiah, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, (PBUH)(SWT)(SAW)

There’s Blogs like this, dedicated to Anti-Obama Hillary Democrats, and there are more of them too!

And then, there is the strange anecdotal “evidence” I’ve seen over the past 3 months, myself, some stories I’ve reiterated on this board seperately, but which I will relay again:

a) I’m 50yo; my youngest brother is a “lib”, always has been, big Hillary and Bill fan. Absolutely DETESTS Obama, can’t stand him, when he told he the other month he was voting for McCain, I about had a heart-attack; I called my mom, and she said yes, I almost died last night, he called me and told me the same thing.

b) my brother’s wife, BIGGER “lib” than he; has voted straight Democrat for the past 20+ years, doesn’t even know that there is a “Republican” party; has told my brother she will NEVER vote for Obama, that he is sexist towards Hillary, and that he’s a racist too!

c) I’m at the family reunion this year, up in Cental Pennsylvania. Half the family is blue-collar famers, going back 200 years. Always vote Republican; work hard, believe every one should work hard, no handouts! The other half, from Pittsburgh, is blue-collar Steel Mill stock; voted Democrat since the New Deal and FDR, believe in Unions, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc. So, I dreaded going to the reunion, I figured someone would bring up the election, Obama, etc., and then a big fight would start. 10min into the reunion, and someone did bring it up, and the ENTIRE Pittsburgh side basically said: “Cold day in HELL before we ever vote for that lying, Socialist Marxist bastard Obama”! The farmer side, like me, just about wet ourselves. for the first time in 20 years, there was no political disagreement at the Family reunion!

d) I play Racquetball in North Atlanta, with a group of Yuppies, half my age. Mostly they are of Asian descent. We never talk about Politics, just about Racquetball. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, Obama’s name comes up; I just go silent, because this group, Americans of Asian descent, young, mostly single, Georgia Tech Grads, etc. are the EXACT demographic that is supposed to be completely in the Tank for Obama. I held my breath, as the one Korean kid finally said “My family uses the word ‘dangerous’ when talking about Obama! I said are you “serious”? and he said “Yep, my whole family says he’s the most “dangerious” politician they’ve ever seen”! I said does that mean they are voting for him or not? He said “Not a chance”; the other 5 young guys in the group all said the same thing about their families as well!

e) the lady who sits near me at work, a very nice lady, has made no secret since she joined our company, that she is “gay”; she’s not an in-your-face, activist type, just laid back, and completely cool about the whole thing. I finally brought it up about a month ago, and was joking with her a bit and said “So, your obviously voting for Obama, correct?” She about bit my head off! “NEVER! I HATE him; he’s a liar, a fraud, as sexist, he was disrespectful towards Hillary, and I will NEVER vote for him! Never! I asked if she would vote for McCain, and she said YES! I then said but I’m sure most gays will vote for Obama and she said “Nope, she said none of my gay friends and acquaintences can stand him; they’re either not going to vote at all, or they’ll vote for McCain!”

f) the dedicated Lefist at work, who I’ve sat beside for 5 years, and who’ve I’ve had numerous political arguments with over the past five years, finally threw up his hands the other week and said “I’m not voting in this election, I could never vote “Republican”, but there is NO way I’ll ever vote for this liar Obama!” Hell, this guy even voted for Gore and Kerry; convinced himself that Kerry was a “Patriot”, and he can’t stand Obama!

So, obviously, what is this, maybe 50 people, or at most 75, including all my Pittsburgh family; but these were all people were for decades were reliable Democratic Voters. ALL, have said the same things about Obama: “a liar” and “Not voting for Obama”.

I know this isn’t a scientific survey; I don’t know if you can extrapolate it across the USA; I also know, none of these people ever get called by “Pollsters”! Am I just lucky to have run into all of them, the like of which I’ve never seen in my adult Poltical lifetime?

Or, is there something going on out there, that this years Polls are just…..not…..turning…..up?

Wow, I sure HOPE so, but I’m as pessimistic as hell anyway…

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM

I heard that the word on MSNBC is that Palin is responsible for McCain’s slip in the polls. – Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM

In the last week of the campaign you can expect MSNBC to breathlessly report that Sarah drinks Trig’s blood when the moon is full and that the latest polls are 99% Obama and 1% McCain.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM

CK:

Kristol was saying he wanted Palin for VP before most people even knew who she was.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Manly Rash:

No doubt.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 10:07 PM

How about checking out his advice form the NY Times editorial page (an obscenity if there ever was one) that McCain fire his entire staff and start all over?

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Wow, I sure HOPE so, but I’m as pessimistic as hell anyway… – Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Dear Dale,

You are either a sincere person or an astroturfing troll.

If you are a sincere person: welcome to Hot Air. Be of good cheer and let not your heart be troubled. McCain will win the election. Sarah will be the first woman VP and, in 2012, will be elected the first woman President of the U.S.

If you are an astroturfing troll: FUCK OFF AND DIE.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:18 PM

True…

I think that 95% of the Republicans are happy with her as the vp pick. I went to the rally she had in Carson and though the general consensus was CA was out of play, we were all excited and enthusiastic and this was the first camapign event a lot of us had ever been motivated enough to attend. The more the Left attacks the more we can take comfort that Mac made the right or best choice!

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM

I have noticed that there are no where near the bumper stickers and signs around this year compared to 2004 and nearly no Obama stuff so I have wondered if the hype isn’t mostly media driven. But like you I am afraid to take those thoughts to seriously.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:26 PM

The network of Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Andrea Mitchell, Mika Brezinzski, should never be mentioned in any sentence that wants to be taken seriously. They have as much credibility as any TV station in Syria, Iran or North Korea would have.

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:26 PM

If you are an astroturfing troll: FUCK OFF AND DIE.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Hey man, relax; I’m no fricking Troll; I’ve been on this board for over a year, and before that, at CQ’s for about 2 or so. I just haven’t commented much in the past 2 months, but search my handle, I’ve been here.

Terrye above knows me.

PS: BTW, FUCK OFF AND DIE yourself!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:27 PM

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:06 PM

I live down the I-5 from you, around the neighborhood of northern San Diego County. I remember the riots, and more planned for OJ if he was found guilty, as well as the “in your face Marxism” from La Raza over Prop. 187.

The left has their playbook, intimidate, harass, lie, cheat, steal, and if that doesn’t work, violence.

Get ready for it, the lawyers, the “voter fraud” accusations, ………. and the kitchen sink. Not only here in CA, but all across the country……..

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2008 at 10:27 PM

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM

She sure has been the difference for me. I was Switzerland this year, even in the primaries. And I was reading about Gov Palin on HotAir and I really had no idea who she was. But a lot of folks here were really high on her. They were right. Don’t tell them, they’ll get a big head (heads).

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Dale:

I would say that is an accurate accounting of public opinion as most of these polls.

BTW, I know a lot of life long Democrats who are voting for McCain.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:29 PM

PS: BTW, FUCK OFF AND DIE yourself!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:27 PM

……… you forgot the kiss, Dale……..

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Brooks is the Times’s idea of what a conservative ought to be like – tepid, timid, and someone so insecure that he will not offend because he wants to get invited to the best cocktail parties on the Upper West Side, Bel Air, Cambridge, and Georgetown. A guy who prefers minority status, Reaganites and Reaganism makes him uncomfortable. His idea of an ideal Republican Senator is Richard Lugar.

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Kiddo it’s hard not to get down about a lot of the media but not that one. You should only be visiting them for entertainment purposes, certainly not for veracity. They can’t even get it right about the folks they like let alone the folks they hate.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Hey Terrye, haven’t been over at AJ’s in a long time; I still read, but got kind of tired of trying to post something every day.

Well, I just HOPE you and I are correct, and that the anectdotal “evidence” we are seeing is a sign of something else out there.

I can deal with being called a “racist” for the rest of my life, if it means Obama will NEVER be President!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM

You know Dale…I really enjoyed readijg your post…

Cubans are pretty relaible Repubs, so are South Americans and McCain is seen as friendly to Central American Hispanics…the young latinos who have been in the school systems are the one’s I worry about… Asians are hard working and don’t belive in handouts…they tend to be conservatives so I don’t worry too much about them going Demo…

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:33 PM

……… you forgot the kiss, Dale……..

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Kiss? Hell, I’ll even give him a free reach around!

Sorry, I’m a former Marine…I had to say it!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Bingo! That’s what it was!

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Dale:

It really pisses me off to be called a racist, but what can you do? You can’t let people bully you into voting for someone you just plain do not want.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Cindy:

I know. MSNBC is kind of a unique case.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:36 PM

If you are an astroturfing troll: FUCK OFF AND DIE.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Was that really necessary…I’m the most optimistic person but I don’t open bad news posts…

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:37 PM

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:33 PM

We have a bunch of Jewish people at work too; most are saying not a freaking chance for Obama. In fact, I had to move down here to Atlanta, before I was educated about the difference between “Israeli” Jews and “American” Jews. I have a lot of neighbors who are Israelis; they think the American Jews are absolutely bat-shit crazy for voting Democratic….ever! They actually hate them! And the two communities don’t mingle that much!

The American Jews who I know, say they’re all for McCain, but that they’re parents and older relatives are so hidebound for voting for a “Democrat”; that they’ll probably vote for Obama just because they don’t know what else to do.

But over at Ameircan Thinker, I see enough to believe Obama is lucky if he pulls in 60% of the Jewish vote, which is Jimmy Carteresque…

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM

That was by far her best interview to date in my opinion.
she seemed confident,and relaxed!…just my 2 cents!..

Bluestate_Blues on October 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:26 PM

In my neighborhood it’s 3 MAC, 3 O and 2 Yes on Prop 8 (gated communnity sort of)

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:39 PM

ManlyRash:

I can vouch for Dale, he is the real deal. Makes me look like a lefty in fact. He is great.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2008 at 10:27 PM

And an election that won’t be decided until January 19th!

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Terrye above knows me. PS: BTW, FUCK OFF AND DIE yourself! – Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Fuck you too, Dale. Any friend of Terrye is a friend of mine.

*extends hand in friendship*

No hard feelings? I’m sure you understand my skepticism…this board is infested with trolls.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:41 PM

I see virtually no Obama signs. Two bumper stickers.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Terrye: when people call me a “racist”, I just laugh!

My daughters have English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French, German, Filippina, Spanish & Japanese blood in their veins; Yep, we’re racists alright!

At that same Family Reunion I mentioned: there’s the good old Central PA white boys, and their is the Asian, Hispanic and Peruvian cousins; yep..we’re sure racists alright!

My first 3 girlfriends, in High School, were all black. My first fiancee was Lebanese. My first wife was Italian. My second wife and mother to my daughters is Filippina. I lived in Nigeria for 6 years. In Egypt for 5; went to university there and learned Arabic. I lived in Spain for 3 years, and in Japan for 2; I dated women from all those countries. My Mom and Dad lived in Liberia for 13 years, 6 in Nigeria, 5 in Egypt, and 5 in Sudan. My oldest brother was born in Liberia; my good ol’ boy white farm relatives have inter-married with Asians, Hispanics, South Americans and Black…yep, we’re all “racists” alright!

So, I just laugh, and educate the idiots who call me a “racist”; and I usually end up exposing that it them who are the ” racists”!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Even with the Farrahkan(sp) and Wright associations?

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:46 PM

You gonna shake my hand or what?

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:47 PM

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Actually, I should have been not so flippant; I didn’t think you were serious, and I wasn’t serious when I said it back; I understood your intent; I haven’t posted here for awhile, so only people like Terrye probably remember me; I know her maniny for AJ Strata’s Blog.

No apology necessary, I wasn’t taking it as a serious attack, and I didn’t mean it that way either.

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Hands Shaken!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM

I “heart’ Sarah Palin.

I want a woman to be my VP and then my President. I wish I could stay in long enough for her to be my Commander in Chief.

Damn!

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM

I’ll tell you another thing Terrye, maybe it’s because I am old but I don’t give a flying flip about being called a racist. I guess it is because Conservative has equaled racist for many many years now. If somebody defines me as a racist, their problem not mine. But then you would be amazed at how many people mistake me for an old hippie. It’s very amusing.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Even with the Farrahkan(sp) and Wright associations?

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Well, I’m hoping it’s only 30% with those associations, but I don’t want to get too optimistic!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Dale:

Yes, there is more diversity in your family than there is in most inner cities.

I am a mutt myself. My great grandmother was named Jemima. She died at the age of 28 on the prairie. She had consumption. I have seen pictures of her and she was small and dark and had curly black hair..so we had a family legend there. Who knows? She could fit in with the Cherokee princess.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM

The pleasure is mine, Dale. I’m happy to make your acquaintance. And happy to know you are among our number.

We few…we happy few…we band of brothers and sisters…

[someone please stop me before I start the Crispin's Day Speech]

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Cindy:

I did that hippie thing for about a year and a half. Got old fast. It did not stick.

I am old enough that if racist is all they call me I think I am getting off easy. I don’t like it, but what the hell. Let them rant.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM

I’ve said this before… I believe Obama’s candidacy is actually hurting race relations… and I think “racist” is becoming the new cry wolf…

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:54 PM

I don’t want to get too optimistic!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Funny!

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM

I wish I could stay in long enough for her to be my Commander in Chief. Damn! – hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM

She’s gonna be C-in-C sooner than you think. WTF are you talking about? You ARE gonna be around as long as 2012, yes?

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Where are the trolls tonight?

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:56 PM

We few…we happy few…we band of brothers and sisters…

[someone please stop me before I start the Crispin's Day Speech]

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Wow, I made it in tonight just in time to see Manly and Dale smoking a cigarette and enjoying the afterglow.

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Did you go to Woodstock?

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Huh, I wonder who Google likes this year?

gmoonster on October 21, 2008 at 10:57 PM

same here, I’ve seen your handle, “manlyrash” many times, I laugh every time I see it; good one! – Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Someone has to be the obnoxious asshole, Dale. I guess the job is mine by default.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:58 PM

ManlyRash:

My Daddy would not let me go. He said I was too young. Meanie. I wanted to.

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:59 PM

How can you guys keep using the F word and I can’t even say Joe Biden will be the medias new b*tch? – hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 10:57 PM

It’s BITCH. Say it. BITCH. B-I-T-C-H. Say it. SAY IT!!!!

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:00 PM

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 10:54 PM

Well it’s no wonder when there was yet another article written today, the new word that equals racist is socialism. Isn’t that a coincidence when Sen. Obama just happen to throw a huge tenant of the ideology at Joe the Plumber just last week? Amazing! But don’t get bummed, we can do as much as we can but I would be lying if I didn’t admit my normal prayers have included bended knees.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM

I will be a civilian on 1 June 2009 after 32 years. I’ll be happy to get JMacs John Hancock on my retirement paperwork, but I would have loved to serve under President Palin.

OT, there was a time when I thought I would have loved to serve under the first black President named Powell. After this week i can see that was a foolish dream.

Political hack. But I picked up most of that opinion when he turned on the administration and started badmouthing the conduct of the war. “History Damage Control”

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM

My Daddy would not let me go. He said I was too young. Meanie. I wanted to. – Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:59 PM

I was there. Too young to understand, too old to forget.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM

CK:

Terrye on October 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Oh yes – I remember how openly disappointed he was when the rumors had seemingly confirmed that she was off the list. At another point around the same time, during a discussion in which it was decided that some event had made things look even bleaker than usual for Republican chances, his “fantasy” for how McCain could turn things around included a daring pick of Palin. This was months ago.

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Thank you, sir, for your service to our country, and God bless you.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:04 PM

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM

When my husband was getting out they had a million “I am so short…..” jokes. Do y’all still do that?

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Terrye: interesting story about your Gmother Jeminma! She could be Black/Am Indian mix; there was a lot of that on the frontier; you could do the Family Geneology; those old census reports are brutal on how the classified people.

My brother has been researching our family geneology for over 20 years, found out we came from an “illegitimate” line about six generations back; somone up in Central PA was got the neghbor girl pregnant when he was only about 15, and she was 17! Even found court records where he got sued for “fornication” by the offended party!

We found two branches of our family, not direct, but cousins, the branches down in Virginia thankfully, who owned a slave or two; interesting part about that, is that after the Civil War, the former slaves stayed with the families for decades as “domestic worker” or “housemaid”. We found a lot of “adoptions” going on; someone living in the household with a different last name; boys and girls; they could’ve been distant relatives and the rest of the family died, and they were taken in, or even strangers passing who indentured “extra” kids; we’ll never know in most cases; we’ve traced the family line back to the late 1600′s, our family used to own the Eisenhower farm in Gettysburg PA! As far back as 1640!

My younger brother has always had very curly hair, even had an “Fro” in the 70′s; my oldest brother’s hair was as straight as a rail. We’re all mixed up really; hopefully, one day, we’ll all be “grey”, and we can get past all this bullcrap!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM

I think prayer is our secret weapon and I’m not aware of any unrepentent sin that would block them :)

CCRWM on October 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:05 PM

No fair, Miss Cindy. Share the joke.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM

while I’m typing the above, and email just comes in from my “Pittsburgh” Democrat cousin; she wants me to go to this link:

and vote for Sarah Palin!

This cousin has NEVER voted “Republican” in her life, and she’s from East McKeesport, and a couple of years older than me!

This is sure funny stuff..

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Thank you, sir, for your service to our country, and God bless you.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:04 PM

You’re all welcome. And thank you to all you great Americans supporting us overseas and honoring us back home.

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Heh…and all this time I thought my French, Italian, Austrian and Hungarian ancestry qualified ME as a mutt.

You sir, are an all-American Mutt! My hat is off to you.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Yup,

My favorite is, “I’m so short, I don’t have time to talk to a man who stutters.” or

“I’m so short, I could play handball on the curb.”

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:10 PM

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Oh, well played hawkdriver, and thanks for your service!

Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 11:10 PM

This is sure funny stuff.. – Dale in Atlanta on October 21, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Nope…it means only that McCain is gonna kick ass on Nov 4.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:11 PM

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Sorry Mr. Rash, I claimed that title YEARS ago.

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 21, 2008 at 11:11 PM

No fair, Miss Cindy. Share the joke.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM

If you’re close to anything in the Army, close to PCS Permanent Change of Station, ETS End of Term in Service, Retirement, you’re….SHORT

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM

1GooDDaDDy on October 21, 2008 at 11:11 PM

You wish, Daddy. You aren’t HALF the preening, verbose, self-indulging, obnoxious asshole I am. Get used to it.

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Imagine a pair of combat boots with a flight helmet right on top of it. That’s me. – hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Oh yeah, Hawk…that really farking helps. Can I buy a clue, please?

ManlyRash on October 21, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Hilts on October 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM

That op-ed was one of the roughest he’s written about the McCain campaign, and I at first took it, at least from the headline and blurb, as more negative and possibly defeatist than it really was. It was in that article that he basically threw up his hands at the campaign in frustration – particularly over 1) the idea that their personal attacks on Obama hadn’t seemed to affect his favorability at all and 2) the mishandling of Palin. To his credit he had a proposal: That they junk the whole ad campaign and just put her and McCain out everywhere, make them available on every show that would have them and to any reporter who would listen to them. He was especially strong on the idea that they had to use Palin as a weapon and make it absolutely clear that the campaign not only stood by her, but was proud of her.

I think he’s 100% on the last part. As I think I mentioned earlier, I think that the campaign has been hurt very badly by the worsening of Palin’s numbers especially among women that came from the combination of hit jobs, Palin’s own stumbles, and her seeming unavailability. They need to re-capture the sense among women – not just the most hypersensitive Hillary voters – that this is a woman who stands for something they should be proud of and should be embracing and pushing forward. They need to re-capture the sense among men that she’s tough and competent, and that the McCain campaign, rather than thinking of her in anyway as a “mistake,” is absolutely and rightly convinced that she’s Baberaham Lincoln combined with Theodora Roosevelt, the hottest thing in American politics since forever.

That message in conjunction with a continued JtP-sh offensive on the economy and further exploitation of any Dem openings on war/foreign affairs could get M-P the lead back – even in the $*(&*&*^@%$#! opinion polls.

CK MacLeod on October 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM

You FlyBoys…you make my heart go piddy pat.

Watch your six.

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I’m so short I can do pull ups on a dime. Now my mind will go blank.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Sounds like a Air Force PJ to me.

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 21, 2008 at 11:22 PM

He’s so short there is nothing between his helmet and his boots.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Bill Kristol is an odd bird. He was very much pulling for Palin but cut her and McCain no slack at all after he thought the campaign was tanking.

You know the Moonbat Conspiracy Theorists think he’s complicit in this Downing Street Memo deal asserting it was NEOCONs (just the evil ones) who planned the war with Iraq almost right after the 1st Gulf war was over. The MBs claim Kristol is as “guilty” as President Bush, some how.

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:25 PM

He’s so short there is nothing between his helmet and his boots.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Manly, what Cindy said!

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:26 PM

hawkdriver on October 21, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Yes yes and they wear tin foil hats to. I am pretty sure the left has got way over it’s quota of loons.

Cindy Munford on October 21, 2008 at 11:27 PM