Best wishes to Madelyn Dunham

posted at 1:45 pm on October 21, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Barack Obama will leave the campaign trail for a couple of days at the end of this week to see his ailing grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, who apparently has fallen ill.  Robert Gibbs released this statement on behalf of Team Obama:

Senator Obama’s grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has always been one of the most important people in his life. Along with his mother and his grandfather, she raised him in Hawaii from the time he was born until the moment he left for college. As he said at the Democratic Convention, she poured everything she had into him.

Recently, his Grandmother has become ill, and in the last few weeks, her health has deteriorated to the point where her situation is very serious. It is for that reason that Senator Obama has decided to change his schedule on Thursday and Friday so that he can see her and spend some time with her. He will be returning the the campaign trail on Saturday.

First and most importantly, we all hope that Mrs. Dunham recovers quickly from her serious illness.  All other issues aside, we can certainly understand that Senator Obama needs to tend to family.  I believe he’s her next of kin, and if the issues are that serious, then he has a responsibility that transcends a couple of campaign appearances, and he’s doing the right thing.

We’re getting some e-mail on this subject.  First, Gibbs’ short bio is a little inaccurate, but hardly deceptive.  Obama’s mother raised him until she sent him back from Indonesia, but it’s a harmless exaggeration in a blurb that’s intended to remind people of her importance to Obama.

Next, some people wonder whether Obama is really returning to Hawaii to get his birth certificate to respond to a couple of lawsuits.  Obama could just as easily have signed a limited power of attorney and hired a couple of lawyers to do that.  With $150 million in contributions last month, the campaign certainly could have afforded several top-flight lawyers for this task.

Obama will return to the campaign trail on Saturday.  Team O can certainly run the campaign in his absence for 48 hours, and there shouldn’t be any calls to suspend the campaign or to stop running comparative advertising in the final two weeks.  Team O ridiculed John McCain for doing just that in the midst of a national crisis, and it would be the worst kind of hypocrisy to demand that kind of treatment in the middle of a personal crisis.

Update: Ben Smith at Politico links this under the headline, “Dept. of Sanity”.  That’s us!  Although I’m going to disappoint one commenter in the thread who thinks I’m a closet Obama voter.  Er, not really.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension and stop being the self appointed disputer on these threads.

Elizabetty on October 21, 2008 at 2:26 PM

OK. After you take the stick out of your @ss, maybe you can try again, only this time read what I wrote instead of assuming you’re always right.

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:31 PM

CATFIGHT!

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Obama has a half-sister (by his mother), so Mrs. Dunham’s granddaughter (I think her name is Maya) would have the same claim of next-of-kin status as Obama. In fact, if reports I have read are correct, it is Maya who has been looking after Mrs. Dunham, who has not been in good health for some time now. In any event, I certainly wish her the best.

FiveWays, I’m sorry to hear about your granny. Hope she’s feeling better soon too.

AZCoyote on October 21, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Barry, I hope your granny gets better. When you get back the fight will we waiting for you.

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 2:34 PM

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Not sure I get why I would be having a cry… I don’t think we lighten up our attacks on Obama, we can continue hammering him… but to engage in these conspiracy theories that his grandmother really isn’t sick, or that there is some other nefarious plot afoot reeks to heaven on high, and does all of us a disservice.

We can beat him on the real issues. We don’t need to invent cockamamie stories to make it appear as if Obama is TEH EVIL!!1!

Abby Adams on October 21, 2008 at 2:35 PM

AZCoyote on October 21, 2008 at 2:34 PM

It will all depend on the internal polling…..I’ll let you know. Thanks.

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM

YES! This is a crisis huddle.

And when the huddle breaks, it will be Obamassiah and Hildebeest. Biden is gone.

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM

BUSTED!

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Did you comprehend my first comment?

Entelechy on October 21, 2008 at 2:37 PM

FiveWays, if you’re grieving, and I feel for your grandma, and for your family, if what you claim is true, then why are you here, now?

You never answered this astute question, posed by Entelechy.

Answer it.

Spell it out.

Explain yourself.

How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

fogw on October 21, 2008 at 2:37 PM

YES! This is a crisis huddle.

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM

How would this benefit the Clintons? I’ve thought about it, but don’t find it plausible because they need for O to lose, for her to run again in 2012.

Entelechy on October 21, 2008 at 2:39 PM

If Bush cared about Republicans, he’d call for a special session of Congress to debate another nationwide welfare payout. That would expose any fakirs.

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Fortunately his grandmother is in a state run by a Republican governor and one of Palin’s best friend.
She will be well taken care of, she chose the right state, with the right leader to be in.

right2bright on October 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Did you comprehend my first comment?

Entelechy on October 21, 2008 at 2:37 PM

uhm….did you comprehend YOUR OWN COMMENTS?

My first comment on this thread. I’m done with you. You waste too much of all others’ time/energy.

Entelechy on October 21, 2008 at 2:31 PM

I thought you weren’t talking to me?

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM

platypus, do you believe Hillary would sacrifice herself at the altar, for her party? I think she loves her country and herself more than that.

Entelechy on October 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Wow. The “Kos”-ification of conservatives??

There is a time to call someone out on suspected offenses; this is not it. With a total lack of evidence, some of you are accusing an elderly private citizen of deceit. What have we all said about the paranoid nutjobs who were so sure Joe the Plumber was a plant? This isn’t much different, and in some ways it’s worse.

I’m embarrassed for some of you guys.

RegularJoe on October 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Entelechy on October 21, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Can you spell impeachment? I knew you could. (apologies to Mr. Rogers)

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Most people can associate the word honest with McCain.

lsutiger on October 21, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Like when he said he “got it” on immigration? I think McCain is an honorable man, but he’s still a politician.

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM

You never answered this astute question, posed by Entelechy.

Answer it.

Spell it out.

Explain yourself.

How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

fogw on October 21, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Are you questioning Barry at all?
Answer it.

Spell it out.

Explain yourself.

How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I think McCain is an honorable man, but he’s still a politician.

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Unlike Barry….of course…..

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Ok…everone TIME OUT! Go to MSNBC and stew for a bit.

Limerick on October 21, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Amazing how some will give Barry the benefit of the doubt.

When has he EVER earned it?

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Unlike Barry….of course…..

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Yeah, I wouldn’t call “Barry” honorable, but that has nothing to do with his grandmother.

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:46 PM

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Can’t legaly happen. Even if Biden drops dead, it is too late to replace him on the ballots, as voting has already started.

Key here is that even though you are voting for the Obama Biden ticket, you are really casting two seperate votes, one for Pres, and One for VP.

As many states have laws saying that Electoral College slates HAVE to vote for the actual vote getters, Hillary not being on the ballot knocks her right out…

Now, even if no one gets 270 Electoral votes for VP, it devolves to the Senate to pick the VP… but they can only vote for one of the top three electoral college vote getters… so the only way Hillary gets to be VP is if some of the electoral college members vote for her, and she is in the top 3 vote getters… then the Senate could select her.

Romeo13 on October 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:46 PM

So why would you believe his granny is even ill?

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Unlike Barry….of course…..

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Did you actually invoke your grandmother’s name in a lie to make a political point? Blood is thicker than water…but not as thick as your head.

Leave your grandmother out of this. She has nothing to do with this and probably tired of fighting your battles long ago.

***
Entelechy’s precision dismantling of liberal lies is more constructive than your babble on any day. But, you already know this.

The Race Card on October 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Are you questioning Barry at all?

Answer it.

Spell it out.

Explain yourself.

How do you like a taste of your own medicine?

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:42 PM

No. I am not questioning Barry, I have no reason to. I do have reason to question you however because of your evasiveness in answering a very simple question.

Now how about an answer from you?

And not in the form of another question, pal.

fogw on October 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM

So why would you believe his granny is even ill?

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Why wouldn’t I? It’s his grandmother. It does me no favors to assume he’s lying, and only makes me look like a complete @sshole.

Even if he’s lying, so what. Let it go. You’re only hurting yourself.

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:50 PM

The Race Card on October 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM

You mean like Barry? You know, his granny? That “typical white woman”? Did she break her hip under that bus?

Whadda ya think?

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:51 PM

So why would you believe his granny is even ill?

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Why wouldn’t I? Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:50 PM

uhm….because you just said Barry had no honor?…….

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Pure class from conservative bloggers! Wonder if we could expect the same thing from DKOS or DU if McCain’s mother were suffering a serious health situation

Best wishes and prayers to Madelyn Dunham.

fbcmusicman on October 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM

OK, let me get this straight. During the Primary, Biden says “Obama isn’t ready to lead”, but “McCain is”, and also said in the Primary, “The Presidency isn’t a place for on-the-job training”. Then says “A crisis will test his metal” but stick with him — “but, don’t vote for McCain.” What the f*ck is WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!! WAKE UP!!

marklmail on October 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM

uhm….because you just said Barry had no honor?…….

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:53 PM

And what does that have to do with his grandmother?

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Romeo13 on October 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Au contraire. Nobody votes for either prez or vice prez.

You vote for a “slate of electors” committed to the two candidates (on the first ballot).

If a candidate drops dead, it has nothing to do with the electors who got the votes. They just cannot vote for a dead guy when the Electoral Collage is convened.

Those Founding Fathers were a pretty clever bunch. Talk about covering ALL the bases.

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM

marklmail on October 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM

I think you meant to post that under the Palin video.

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Oh, I forgot one point. It doesn’t matter what state laws are on the books about FEDERAL electors (see Supremecy clause).

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Pure class from conservative bloggers!

fbcmusicman on October 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM

There is only one crackpot posting here and we are doing our best to point out his foolishness. Other than FiveWays, I believe everyone expressed their sympathy for Obama and his ailing Grandma.

fogw on October 21, 2008 at 2:57 PM

And what does that have to do with his grandmother?

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Nothing. And neither does Barry’s sudden trip….I’ll bet.

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:58 PM

I still think he’s just playing the “Johnny Fairplay” card.

Texas Rainmaker on October 21, 2008 at 2:59 PM

fogw on October 21, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Kiss my ass fogw.

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:59 PM

fogw on October 21, 2008 at 2:57 PM

I think fbcmusicman was being sincere, at least that’s what the next line, “Wonder if we could expect the same thing from DKOS or DU if McCain’s mother were suffering a serious health situation” says to me.

And for the most part everyone has been respectful. We generally are, but I think elections bring out the worst in people no matter what.

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Nothing. And neither does Barry’s sudden trip….I’ll bet.

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Seriously, Five. This isn’t good for you, especially if you are grieving as you said.

Obama is up in the polls, and nothing seems to be able to stick to him, not Ayers, Wright, his “present” votes, his poor leadership on Russia and the economy, or even his Socialist policies being exposed for what they are.

Leaving the campaign for a couple days doesn’t help him. There’s just no cynical angle to play here. Were he down in the polls, I might see where you’re coming from, but he’s not. Even if you don’t trust polls, there’s no reason to believe Obama doesn’t, in which case he would see no reason to pull a stunt like this.

What you’re arguing is illogical and makes you look bad, and it’s not even good for you to be so cynical.

Esthier on October 21, 2008 at 3:06 PM

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Your way is the way it was origionaly intended, but STATEs dictate how the Electors will vote… and most States have laws on the books about them having to vote for the popular vote winner.

You’d have to go through state by state, and look at each ones laws, to see how this would end up.

Key is that as divided as the country is right now, I don’t think Hillary could get through all the State mandates to vote for the person on the ticket, and reach 270 Electoral votes.

Romeo13 on October 21, 2008 at 3:07 PM

fbcmusicman on October 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM

My apologies if I misinterpreted your comment.

fogw on October 21, 2008 at 3:07 PM

“she raised him in Hawaii from the time he was born until the moment he left for college”

Why would they be this specific when it’s not true? Wouldn’t a normal statement simply be that she helped raise him? I hope she gets well and they they stop using the occasion to frame a political narrative of Obama’s birth story.

econavenger on October 21, 2008 at 3:09 PM

I wish that “typical white person” a speedy recovery.

awake on October 21, 2008 at 3:12 PM

econavenger on October 21, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Yeah, all except for the time right after he was born that her daughter moved to Washington… then back to Hawaii for a couple of years, then to Indonesia…

So, yeah, all except for the first TEN years of his life…

Romeo13 on October 21, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Aaaaaand predictably, the media moves in to politicize this decision, lining up to kiss Obama’s back forty.

capitalist piglet on October 21, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Actually, it is pretty sad, if she goes soon, Obama’s mother, father, and the grandparents who actually brought him up will all have died before he’s 50. Not that it’s got anything to do with my absolute contempt for his politics and associates, and I still hope he loses in a landslide. Bet the MSM will try to wring a sympathy tear from it though. Hope she gets better.

Fortunata on October 21, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Why is he waiting two days to go see his grandma if she’s seriously ill? I believe I’d be going now.

Oink on October 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I think the fact that grannie might be dying but Michelle Obama is going to still be campaigning says something about how important she is to the family.
And Obama cancelled events on Thursday and Friday, but is back Saturday? Wow a whole day and a half! And he doesn’t even miss the big weekend rallies!

eafl on October 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM

My comment didn’t show up :/
Michelle Obama will still be campaigning on those days. I think that says something about how much they care about the typical white grandma.
And Barack is only there Thursday and Friday? So a whole day and a half tops (flying in and out). And he’s on the trail on Saturday so he doesn’t even miss the good weekend rallies!

eafl on October 21, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Oink on October 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I proposed that same question last night in a thread in Headlines.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 21, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Fiveways, since it seems you’re the only one still harping on this I’ll address this to you directly; but I hope others who are thinking of picking up his Koolaid and taking a big ol’ chug will give this some thought.

From a purely politically calculating perspective:
* IF * there is some sinister plot here, might it be to show what heartless creeps conservatives are? It only takes a few — including possible false flags — to put that message on ABC/NBC/CBS/MSNBC/CNN/NYT/WaPo/etc.

If you have unsubstantiated suspicions regarding the man’s GRANDMOTHER (he couldn’t get away with a lie about this without her complicity), I URGE you:
keep.
them.
to.
yourself.

RegularJoe on October 21, 2008 at 3:44 PM

If Granny is sick I wish her well.

Can’t stop wondering about Barry though. Is he up to something? His whole world is HIM and winning, so taking time for that typical White granny is suspect.

UnEasyRider on October 21, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Alright, lets see if this comment shows up
Michelle Obama is still going to campaign. That should say something about how important grannia is to them.
And Obama is only spending a day and a half there tops? He only cancelled for Thursday and Friday and he has to fly all the way to and from Hawaii.

eafl on October 21, 2008 at 3:45 PM

CATFIGHT!

platypus on October 21, 2008 at 2:33 PM

*gets popcorn*

spmat on October 21, 2008 at 3:46 PM

OT: Barry’s half sister speaks, “Why Barack Obama is his father’s son”

“What if she had walked right past me and I hadn’t even known it? I looked down at the photograph in my hand … smudged now from too much handling. Then I looked up, and the picture came to life… I lifted my sister off the ground as we embraced… I picked up her bags and we began to walk … and she slipped her arm through mine. And I knew at that moment that I loved her, so naturally, so easily and fiercely…”

It was Obama’s first encounter with his own flesh and blood from Alego, Kenya. The next telling moment is when he landed at the Nairobi airport for the first time in 1986. A woman at the British Airways desk looked at his passport and asked if he was related to “Dr Obama.”

That had never happened before, Obama writes. “For the first time in my life, I felt the comfort, the firmness of identity that a name might provide… how people might nod and say: ‘Oh, you are so and so’s son.’ No one here in Kenya would ask how to spell my name… My name belonged and so I belonged.

The next day while with Auma at a kiosk near Koja Mosque, he writes, an old woman pointed at him and said in Kiswahili that he looked like an American. Obama, beating his chest, promptly instructed his sister, “Tell her I’m Luo!”

Obama’s narration of his Kenyan experience in the subsequent weeks reveals an impressive understanding of his father’s land: the first supper at aunt Jane’s house at Kariakor; his visit to the Mathare slum with aunt Sarah; his night out with brother Roy at Garden Square; his travel by matatu to Alego and Kendu Bay — his great grandfather’s place where uncles insisted he taste the local brew chang’aa; his diarrhoea attack that his grandfather’s sister insisted to treat with local herbs and bitter roots.

Still no mention of his destitute half brother.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 21, 2008 at 3:48 PM

An afterthought: if anyone DOES want to make political hay out of this in a way that has some class, how about this message:

“Good for Obama, that he’s going to visit his ailing grandmother. I’m glad he’s going, and pray she recovers soon. I’m also glad Obama’s learned that there are some things so important that they require your full attention, rather than trying to do more than one thing at a time.”

RegularJoe on October 21, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Well, God Bless Mrs. Dunham. She really IS ill, and has been for some time.

This has probably already been mentioned, but I haven’t time to read all the comments yet, so my apologies if I’m parroting someone:

I have to wonder however, why Barry0 didn’t do this while she was in the hospital, supposedly at death’s door a few days ago, and why he is waiting until the end of the week to saunter on over there, now that she is back home.

Between the delay and the law suit just filed in front of the Hawaii Supreme Court to open his sealed records, Biden’s idiotic (yet essentially correct) statement, Joe the Plumber looking and sounding GREAT on the news and talk shows, etc. I really have to say:
“I question the timing”

LegendHasIt on October 21, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Hey Ed. There’s an article at Politico praising YOU.

Here’s one of the lib’s comments :)

I think we can assume that Mr. Morrissey is another closet Obama voter!!

Posted By: Leslie B | October 21, 2008 at 03:36 PM

JiangxiDad on October 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM

He can stop his campaign now and until Nov. 4th.

It`s over people, over.

ThePrez on October 21, 2008 at 4:09 PM

This is nice lip service on the part of HA.

Constant Parrhesia on October 21, 2008 at 4:21 PM

GOLLY!

Looks like there are more skeptics in here!

FiveWays on October 21, 2008 at 4:37 PM

He can stop his campaign now and until Nov. 4th.

It`s over people, over.

ThePrez on October 21, 2008 at 4:09 PM

No, it’s not.

capitalist piglet on October 21, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Good point (one among many) made by Andrew Martin, author of Obama: The Man Behind The Mask (and a legendary Chicago muckraker, Internet columnist, radio talk show host, broadcaster and media critic):

Monday (today) we petitioned the Hawai’i Supreme Court to order Obama’s secret birth records released.
Obama suddenly announced Monday his grandmother had been gravely ill for weeks. He has his own plane. All he had to do is tell the pilot to file a flight plan for Honolulu and take off. He’s the king of his own armada.
But instead of rushing to his grandmother’s bedside, Obama is waiting until I leave Honolulu before he lands.
Ask yourself, “What would I do?” What would you do if you had your own plane and mom or dad suddenly took ill? Would you tell the pilot to set course for Hawai’i, or tell him to wait three (3!) days before coming to your relative’s bedside? How sick is she if Obama is will to delay his “emergency” for three days?.
This entire episode is becoming curiouser and curiouser.
Barack Obama vs. Andy Martin. The drama builds as we move closer and closer to disclosing the dramatic truth about Barack Obama.
Obama did not pay any attention to his grandmother until I showed up in Honolulu. Suddenly she is the center of his attention. She is so central to his campaign that he has suspended it! But when Obama was here last summer he only visited his grandmother for an hour. One hour! Now he suspends his campaign for her?.
Could anyone have predicted a more dramatic series of developing events? Hannity puts me on the air as the Chicago expert who confirms the links between Obama and his longstanding anti-American, terror network. Obama’s goon squads immediately try to smear me in retaliation. The New York Times creates a front-page story out of 25 and 35 year-old nonsense in a desperate attempt to discredit and derail my upcoming Hawai’i investigation.
And Andy Martin’s investigative team lands in Honolulu and goes where no mainstream media have gone before, on the streets of Honolulu to dig out the secret truths about Barack Obama.
The day we landed in Honolulu was Obama’s D-Day. He can’t scare us. He can’t stop us. He can’t intimidate us and the New York Times can’t smear us with lies, half-truths and distortions.
The irony in all of this television drama is that Fox News is not the network following me around Hawaii. I will leave it to the network to disclose which one it is.
Barack Obama is looking increasingly like a desperate, doomed candidate whose Big Lie is about to be exposed.
What Obama fears most is that I search for the truth not because I am associated with McCain (I am not) or because I am a partisan Republican (I am not a right-winger). Rather I search for the truth for the sake of the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I took an oath as an 18 year old to defend the Constitution of the United States from its enemies. .
Barack Obama is an enemy of the Constitution. He is using tens of millions of dollars in clandestine campaign cash from unknown sources to stage an electoral coup d’etat in our nation. That is why I keep fighting for the truth.
Barack Obama has been lying to the American people. And his Big Lie is about to be exposed.
Now that his secrets are on the verge of being revealed he has panicked and suspended his campaign to visit Hawai’i. Do you believe Obama’s explanation for the sudden trip?
Stay tuned for High Noon in Honolulu.

NightmareOnKStreet on October 21, 2008 at 8:53 PM

LegendHasIt on October 21, 2008 at 3:52 PM

My post is an expansion of your comment. I know some people (for various reasons) don’t like to click on links, so I posted a small excerpt with the link.
SO GLAD TO SEE THESE STORIES FINALLY GETTING THEIR OWN LINK HERE!

NightmareOnKStreet on October 21, 2008 at 9:01 PM

NightmareOnKStreet on October 21, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Great! I only knew about half of that, so I appreciate it for my own edification, as well as for others.

LegendHasIt on October 21, 2008 at 9:13 PM

No problem, LegendHasit! I’ve learned so much from your posts. Glad to give back a bit.
When I first heard Obama was buying time for an “infomercial” I suspected it is to deal with not being able to prove his eligibility. Plea to the masses for mercy, ask for a “waiver” of Article 2, Section 1. Stir his base up for “NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE”…

NightmareOnKStreet on October 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM

NightmareOnKStreet on October 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Wow, Praise indeed from someone who teaches me a thing or two pretty regularly. Thank you.

So few here appreciate my great intellect ;-)

I’m not so sure about that last paragraph though. I suppose it is possible; but I didn’t think that 0bama was at all prescient… Just glib…. and even then, only when he had the opportunity to prepare.

LegendHasIt on October 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM