Video: Palin on SNL

posted at 10:45 am on October 19, 2008 by Allahpundit

Ace thinks they sandbagged her and it feels that way to me too, but I think that’s more a case of us refracting the material through the prism of Baldwin’s and Fey’s politics than taking it on its own terms. She didn’t get it any rougher than anyone else, really; probably the worst thing you can say about it is that they didn’t make enough use of her. Speaking of which, no scene with Fey? What’s the point of bringing them together if they’re never actually together?

Loved the moose, though.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I didn’t think it would happen, but yeah…I agree with Ace, she got sandbagged in a way. Certainly don’t think it was a “game-changer” moment either way.

JetBoy on October 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM

no scene with Fey?

She hates Palin too much to work with her?

jgapinoy on October 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM

I think Fey is as horrified at the thought of working with Palin as the average American is at working with a domestic terrorist.

jgapinoy on October 19, 2008 at 10:50 AM

It was funny and Sarah stole the show with her grace.

FireBlogger on October 19, 2008 at 10:50 AM

That moose looks too much like my beloved Bullwinkle.
Now I hate Palin.

jgapinoy on October 19, 2008 at 10:51 AM

The moose was great, and Sarah was shouting Ayers with the rest of ‘em. I think she should keep shouting it until election day, maybe beyond.

Ordinary1 on October 19, 2008 at 10:52 AM

I thought it was a net positive for Sarah. She provided great contrast to Fey’s very simplistic characature.

Nyog_of_the_Bog on October 19, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Liberal media is the enemy.

Angry Dumbo on October 19, 2008 at 10:52 AM

IMO a win for Palin. Everyone knows she’s in enemy territory so she gets to show she’s a good sport, and has a sense of humor, self-possession, poise, grace AND won’t be intimidated.

Bonus getting called a “horrible woman” and “Caribou Barbie” to her face by Alec Baldwin. Even though it WAS a joke in the skit, everyone knows he thinks it’s true and she gets both the sympathy of the audience for takin’ it and the props for the sense of humor.

“Moose rap” was great. LOL.

inviolet on October 19, 2008 at 10:53 AM

It was funny and Sarah stole the show with her grace.

FireBlogger on October 19, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Yep, and someone else said, Tina is attractive but side by side with Palin, not so much.

aikidoka on October 19, 2008 at 10:53 AM

You’re refracting. They weren’t that rough on her, really. It also gave her the opportunity to show the entire country that she could take a joke, maintain her grace and poise, and that she possesses a good sense of humor. While not a game-breaker, it does help her in one of those many little ways that can help win an election far more than a ginormous war chest or wall to wall ads.

Matt Helm on October 19, 2008 at 10:53 AM

Their whole intent was to NOT help her, just make fun of her, I guess.

Neo on October 19, 2008 at 10:53 AM

no scene with Fey?

A missed opportunity to spoof “The Parent Trap” or “The Patty Duke Show”.

Shy Guy on October 19, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Personally, I think they stole a page from Limbaugh… pointing out absurdity by being absurd.

CC – BHO: “my Muslim faith”

CapedConservative on October 19, 2008 at 10:56 AM

It was more like a celebrity appearance on The Muppets.

Celebrity doesn’t do much, but talks to Kermit backstage, then appears in a song at the end.

cyclosarin on October 19, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Ugh, the Oprahfication of politics continues.

We have an economic crisis, we’re in the middle of two wars and our candidates (both sides) are yukking it up on talk shows.

Guess I’m getting old.

SteveMG on October 19, 2008 at 10:58 AM

I thought the rap was idiotic and played. Didnt that sort of thing go out in the 90′s? I mean are we still making up zany rap songs ffs? Please. Just un-funny, and yes some slams with the bridge and McCains smile being “creepy”. Again just not funny so it comes off as mean spirited.

Palin came off to me as very likable though. She’s simply charismatic, attractive and easy to relate to. The only part I enjoyed was her bopping to the song.

Dash on October 19, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Palin’s appearance does more to validate SNL’s political viewpoint than it shows her sportsmanship. Why not book Bill Maher? come on, she looked feckless not presidential. This was malpractice by the McCain campaign. Off with their heads.

Angry Dumbo on October 19, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Same reason you can’t see a candle flame in sunlight.

Jim Treacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:01 AM

The first clip was much better than I expected, but I won’t watch the second. Politicians trying to be funny is awkward, and parodic rap is even more awkward. Combining the two is lunacy.

CherokeeJack on October 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM

She was just fine. Most impressive and unexpected was the totally positive audience response.

Patrick S on October 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM

It was fine. She showed she is a good sport. Could you imagine Joe Biden sitting through a Delaware rap?

Yo I’m Slow Joe Biden and the economy’s tanking
I’m down with MBNA and their cards I’m thanking
I’m in Obama’s house and I think it rocks
But my face don’t show nothin’ cos it’s locked with Botox

Mr. D on October 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM

It was no different than the routines that McCain and Obama did at the Smith dinner. Quite hilarious.

KSgop on October 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Thanks to SNL a clear line has been drawn in the sand:

The MSM, Socialists, Terrorists, Voter Fraud troops versus
McCain-Palin.

I’d choose McCain-Palin every time.

Travis1 on October 19, 2008 at 11:03 AM

I actually thought Baldwin was great. His stance is no secret, but I thought he played it great.

Tina Fey is too much of a coward to stand side by side with Sarah.

I thought the skits were actually FUNNY. And that’s kinda rare around SNL.

Funny also how the press is trying to play up how “goofy” the appearance was and that Sarah stood there while being made fun of. I didn’t take it that way.

Hell, the Rap made better points than some of Mavericks serious speeches. And Palin shows that confident people can go anywhere, including into the den of vipers, with a smile on their face.

She was great.

Sugar Land on October 19, 2008 at 11:03 AM

BTW, has William Ayers now been mentioned more on SNL than on NBC News?

Jim Treacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:03 AM

It wasn’t that rough, it was funny. As funny as it could have been? No, but it was still pretty good.

I thought the bit with Fey crossing paths was fine – made Fey look like an over the top caricature, which is exactly what you’d want.

Spirit of 1776 on October 19, 2008 at 11:04 AM

NO ONE WATCHES THIS SHOW.

How in the world could it ever be a game-changer?

jimmy the notable on October 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM

She didn’t do the rap.

Has it occurred to you guys that she might have charmed the cast and crew? It’s easier to slam somebody you’ve never met.

Jim Treacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM

I really think the inclusion of Mark Wahlberg showed they went out of their way to give her a fair shake. The premise of him being there emphasized that SNL makes fun of everyone, and that doesn’t make the target a bad person. I think it showed they respect her for being a good sport. They even gave her the moral high ground of her opening spot, contrasting her with Baldwin and Fey acting craven once she showed up.

I do agree she was underused in the Weekend Update bit, and thank God she didn’t actually do a rap. The male co-anchor actually seemed to be very respectful towards her, maybe it was acting, but at least he acted it well.

Net plus for Palin. Probably equal to any bump Obama gets from the Powell endorsement, which is to say, not much.

Dudley Smith on October 19, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Fey probably shied away from appearing with her one on one because of the difference in physical attractiveness. Fey is a poor second and she knows it.

a capella on October 19, 2008 at 11:06 AM

SNL never fails to disappoint in delivering the suckitude. I didn’t think either skit was funny and never realized how ugly Tina Fey is until she was on the same screen as Governer Palin.

Blarg the Destroyer on October 19, 2008 at 11:08 AM

You know – I was NOT happy that she agreed to do this but, after this performance – I was TOTALLY WRONG!

Overal Bottom Line: This was a BIG WIN for the campaign!

This showed the public that there is NO END to how versatile this woman is in turning ANY situation, no matter how adversarial – into something POSITIVE for her!

grtflmark on October 19, 2008 at 11:08 AM

It’s useful to remember that earlier this year Fey came back to Weekend Update to deliver a pro-Hillary rant with the punchline, “Bitch is the new black.” But of course Hillary’s a Democrat, a feminist, and uglier than Fey.

But I’m sure she’s come up with all sorts of self-justifications.

Jim Treacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:10 AM

She didn’t do the rap.

Jim Treacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Yeah, this had me worried before I watched it as well. She even says at the opening, “I don’t think I want to do this bit,” so that’s why Amy Poehler does it. It would have been absolute stupidity for Palin to do that and everyone knew that, so as it was, it was just kind of lame in a way that reflects worse on SNL than Sarah.

Dudley Smith on October 19, 2008 at 11:11 AM

I thought the Weekend Update bit was very funny. I love Poehler and when the Cuda was grooving along to the music, I felt funny down there. I am not going to lie. The Cuda has major charisma.

Metro on October 19, 2008 at 11:11 AM

How did appearing on SNL make Palin look more presidential? Why appear on SNL and not Meet the Press? Come on this whole McCain campaign team would not have made the cut on celebrity Apprentice.

Angry Dumbo on October 19, 2008 at 11:11 AM

One thing that I noticed was they cut Palin out of the picture. Come on, the camera couldn’t pull back a tad more to include her?
Fey wasn’t mature enough to face Sarah. IMAO

abinitioadinfinitum on October 19, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I thought it was funny.

Politicians have to show their human side and the ability to laugh at themselves is a step in that direction (consider Reagan).

Obama showed he hasn’t quite honed that ability. He seemed very uncomfortable at the roast the other night and McCain seemed very natural.

tru2tx on October 19, 2008 at 11:14 AM

I thought the opening sketch was great, especially when Mark Wahlberg showed up. And Sarah’s dig about how Stephen (who is supporting McCain) was her favorite Baldwin was excellent. I don’t think she got sandbagged at all. Fey did the same thing she’s always done, Baldwin was clearly lampooning the perception of himself, and Sarah just looked like she was taking it all in stride.

Caiwyn on October 19, 2008 at 11:14 AM

NO ONE WATCHES THIS SHOW.

jimmy the notable on October 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Hot Air commenters don’t, maybe. Other people seem to.

CherokeeJack on October 19, 2008 at 11:14 AM

I read all the comments before watching.. You guys are all over the map…

RobertCSampson on October 19, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Amy Poehler is the only one on SNL that makes this show worth watching. Too bad she leaves the show after two or three weeks. She must have been the person that wrote the rap lyrics. She is very funny.

Sarah was above the lunatic left. She was graceful unlike Baldwin and Fey. However, I wish they would have better use for her.

jencab on October 19, 2008 at 11:17 AM

I thought it was funny and she handled herself well….especailly at the end of the second skit when she says, “you betcha in that way if hers… I think she has good moves too…

I was happy to hear the crowd cheering her!

CCRWM on October 19, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Sarah was a good sport. I think she got sandbaged as
another said. . . But she’s genuine . Fey’s stage smile
was nowhere near the beauty of Sarah .

Oops ! ! Is that sexist ? Am I a racist too ?

Alex looked a bit sleepy and unprepared. ( Drunk)

I’m a judgemental, bigot. racist, sexist. ugly American.

Wow ! That was fast.

Texyank on October 19, 2008 at 11:17 AM

The Great Communicator communicated on news shows and didn’t have to troll late night television for an audience. Then again, in those days, news shows actually covered Republican press conferences.

Angry Dumbo on October 19, 2008 at 11:18 AM

I forget where I read this, but someone had said that it was just the same recycled material. It was dull and didn’t strongly detract from or support her. Therefore, it was a win for Palin, because at least she appears gracious and amiable.

Favorite part: Alec Baldwin’s realistic portrayal of himself.

P.S. – Palin is raaaAAa@acist for refusing to do the rap. She also would have been patronizingly ra@2AA!@cisT for doing the rap.

viking999 on October 19, 2008 at 11:19 AM

I love Governor Palin, but you guys are drinking too much of the Koolaid or something. It was ridiculous for her to be on the show just to sit there and get ridiculed in both segments. So much more could have been done that would have been funny and witty. Complete waste of time. Stupid!

Vigilante on October 19, 2008 at 11:21 AM

I like at the beginning of the update skit where Seth said, ‘you were good’ and she says, ‘Oh, I know!’ That was a good laugh. She’s brimming with confidence.

Spirit of 1776 on October 19, 2008 at 11:22 AM

You really have to wonder if they offered Palin the chance to do the rap herself and she begged off. That might have been interesting.

But man, it’s been a long way down for Lorne Michaels. When you think of all the talent that’s passed through that show, all the great writing, characters that entered pop culture and stayed for years. People forget or are too young to remember that when SNL began in the 70′s, it was subversive and even shocking to people. I remember Johnny Carson in one of his monologues complaining that SNL “went too far”. It was a clear generational thing. So many acts were launched on that show (Devo, Elvis Costello, Blues Brothers!).

I stopped watching regularly 20 years ago; I guess that Lorne Michaels figures he no longer knows what younger audiences find funny and has to rely on other people to set a direction. One thing’s for sure, I’m clearly no longer his chosen demographic.

Oh well, there’s always Solutions With Suzanne…

sanguine4 on October 19, 2008 at 11:22 AM

I suspect that the original intent was to have Palin embarrass herself by doing the rap herself and she very wisely said, “um, nope.” So they re-wrote it to have the SNL girl do it and it turned out to be pretty funny.

Palin came off very well in this. She showed herself to be a good sport and her luminous beauty, charisma, and self-confidence made Fey’s caricature look like the cartoon that it is.

I think it’s also helpful in that it strengthened the linkage between Obama and Ayers in the minds of the public and I have a feeling there are more revelations on the way about their relationship.

rsrobinson on October 19, 2008 at 11:23 AM

That’s my girl. She was charming, funny, and full of grace. I doubt it’s a “game changer” but I suspect she changed a few minds.

Tanya on October 19, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Does anyone think that Moose will be a widely demanded Halloween costume this year?

Cindy Munford on October 19, 2008 at 11:25 AM

rsrobinson on October 19, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Do you really? I am pretty sure that would have taken a while to rehearse the rap skit and Gov. Palin only came in that day to work with them.

Cindy Munford on October 19, 2008 at 11:28 AM

With all due respect as I love my fellow HotAir-heads, but what are you guys drinking? Of course she was never really going to do the rap! Jeez! That’s the whole bit– playing along like it was written for her.

I’m also not seeing the “sandbagging”. The joke was on Baldwin– he’s a big lib that thinks Palin’s a “horrible woman”– meets the real her, and she charms him in the skit. What are you guys all watching? She came out great.

Pasalubong on October 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM

I think that Sarah should issue a statement to the Native Americans of her state along these lines: “I went on SNL to show that I am a good sport but was embarrassed when I saw their stereotypical depiction of your culture. I am deeply sorry for any part I had in that depiction.”

Laurence on October 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM

The libs in the audience were enthusiastic about her and were clearly laughing with her. I hope that feeling is more widespread amongst themselves than they have let on so far.

I think there will be millions of people who have publicly endorsed Obama because he seems cool to them but on election day won’t quite be able to pull the lever for him.

Guardian on October 19, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Now that’s hilarious — I think they received her well…funny moose segment :)

Goes to show you how down to earth Palin is…she’s great.

Richard Romano on October 19, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Our VP dances better while sitting then their number one dances while standing. .fact

aikidoka on October 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Laurence on October 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM

What? Guys dressed for cold weather was an affront to Native Americans?

Pasalubong on October 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Ditto.

Cindy Munford on October 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Of course, that’s the way the bit played out in the end. I’m not saying that Palin actually refused to do it only when they were on live. What I’m saying is that I suspect that it was originally written with the intent of having Palin do the rap herself but when she said no they re-wrote it into the version we saw.

rsrobinson on October 19, 2008 at 11:35 AM

I hope Amy Poehler gives birth to a reincarnation of Ronald Reagan…biatch.

Wyznowski on October 19, 2008 at 11:35 AM

I wouldn’t have went on that show for a million bucks. Screw em.

Big Orange on October 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM

It was funny but it didn’t deliver the knockout punch she needed to win the election for our guys.

Kidding!

It was funny and I thought they were fair even in the rap song. I thought without over analyzing it too much, they were making fun of the criticisms of Sarah.

hawkdriver on October 19, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Palin upstaged Fey.

Fey knew it.

Fey hid from the camera at the end.

Checkmate.

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Pasalubong on October 19, 2008 11:30 AM

I don’t see anything negative either. Baldwin basically reversed himself, complimented her beauty, and then extended his arm to her. Fey bowed out to her and the rest of the cast made themselves look foolish in her presence. If anything I would say the SNL gang went out of their way to make her look good.

Guardian on October 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Cindy Munford on October 19, 2008 at 11:25 AM

I’m going as a Bill Ayers victim.

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM

How did appearing on SNL make Palin look more presidential?

Because we like presidents who take their jobs seriously, but not themselves too seriously. Most of us do, anyway.

You whined like this when Obama and McCain went on, right?

Jim Treacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I’m going as a Bill Ayers victim.

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I’m going as Joe The Plumber. It’s going to be hard with the reporters chasing me though.

hawkdriver on October 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM

“Forget Reverand Wright cause I’m the one preachin’ tonight!”

CanadianGuy on October 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM

I would say the SNL gang went out of their way to make her look good.

Guardian on October 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM

…stepped out of her way, because she shines without any of their help.

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM

You whined like this when Obama and McCain went on, right?

Jim Treacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM

And Bush 1 and Clinton, and Gore and Bush 2. They all have. I think it’s great as long as a certain level of decorum is maintained.

Tick-turds. Remember to laugh.

hawkdriver on October 19, 2008 at 11:43 AM

She ridiculed them too. Maybe the whole humor thing isn’t your bag.

Jim Treacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:44 AM

People need to lighten up. Palin didn’t get sandbagged. She looked beautiful, she was a natural, and she did an awesome job on the skits.

nickj116 on October 19, 2008 at 11:44 AM

Grace under fire.

Win.

TheCulturalist on October 19, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Expand on description please.

Cindy Munford on October 19, 2008 at 11:46 AM

As usual, Treacher gets it right.

wryteacher on October 19, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Two points I took away from this;

1. The ads that are tailing each video? Anti-Bush truther takes on George W. Bush (to slam him mercilessly, no doubt) and anti-religion hit piece by a not-so-funny comedian. The only thing that’s missing is a plug for the next M.Moore movie.

2. Sarah Palin only balked at the Bridge-to-Nowhere part, the rest she seemed to be alright with and take it in stride, however the bridge-to-nowhere did seem to bother her.

Essentially, I think that the McCain team are a bunch of fools. There is nothing positive that could possibly come from this appearance. Bob Dole came off as genuinely funny after his failed bid, but of course that’s because the libs had already sealed the election so they didn’t mind throwing him a bone. But, to a staunch conservative 2 weeks prior to a hotly contested election with The One running, they were going to make every attempt to re-enforce every stereotype about Palin that they could. Without retorting to their crass propaganda jibes, its an implicit agreement that those stereotypes are true. Mix that with McCain going on arch-liberal David Letterman’s show and one thing is certain…

Stupid people are running McCain’s campaign.

Geministorm on October 19, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I honestly can’t remember any major politician appearing on SNL and having it be memorable or a “game changer” for their campaign. With that low bar in mind, her appearance obviously cleared it. It was amusing, and it didn’t make her look bad. Certainly didn’t hurt her and probably helped at the margins.

Dudley Smith on October 19, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Ahhhh….No harm, no foul.

She had some of the best lines in the first skit. She did a great job with both skits.

Baldwin is a blowhard and always will be ~ at least when the cameras or press are around . Believe it or not, in the summer, I see him on a pretty regular at mass. He has a completely different affect on a Sunday morning in church.

Guess he knows many of us are wondering how he reconciles his politics and his Catholic faith……..

IrishGirl17 on October 19, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Put me down as another net plus for the Governor. Everyone knows where SNL’s views are, so Sarah going on there showed courage, that she can take a joke. I would have liked to have seen her a bit more, but there was no way SNL was going to give her free, good publicity. Just the buzz around the media about her appearing on the show was good.

The only loser was Tina Fey for not appearing with Sarah. Palin doesn’t control the lines or skits, but Tina does.

And for those worried about VP candidates going on tv shows, just remember Richard M. Nixon going on Laugh-In in 1968 to deliver the line “Sock it to me?” And Laugh-In had liberal sympathies as well.

rbj on October 19, 2008 at 11:53 AM

The appeal of Palin’s looks are so stunning that you completely missed it

…you thought that was a moose?

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 11:53 AM

So she shouldn’t have gone on and they would have done the same sketch about the press conference with no rebuttal from her being there? Her appearance wasn’t an “implicit agreement” with the stereotypes, it effectively undermined them, and by the premise of the first skit, SNL acknowledged that they just make fun of everyone and it’s not really a true characterization of target.

Dudley Smith on October 19, 2008 at 11:55 AM

This was a huge postive for McCain-Palin, the latter of whom was portrayed as positive, agile, and smart. I would say also “a good sport,” except she was barely mocked at all. And she was not the extremist dope my ex-girlfriend insists Palin is (and yes, that’s partially why she is no longer my girlfriend).

So definitely a positive!

ParisParamus on October 19, 2008 at 11:55 AM

LOL I loved the rap! The lyrics were actually great.

Sarah was so natural sitting there dancing and slapping her hands against the desk at the end; imitating the comedians. Everybody needs to quit being a ninny, loosen up the sphinters for a second and enjoy a laugh. She was great and so likeable!

ashleymatt on October 19, 2008 at 11:55 AM

There’s way too much in this election to stay real serious about, like the ACORN voter fraud, and the real media bias that allows some hag at the NYTs to think its okay to go Face-Book dumpster diving to get dirt on Cindy McCain.

Sarah Palins appearance on SNL will be a bigger plus than a detraction.

hawkdriver on October 19, 2008 at 11:56 AM

When I heard SP was scheduled to appear on SNL I thought “That woman is fearless”. I mean really, she’s got some backbone there. She’ll eat Putin’s lunch while throwing a roundhouse kick to Achminidinnerjackets’s privates!

The first skit fell flat but Baldwin’s lines showed how over the top the rhetoric of the left has been. I thought the rap was hilarious. All in all I think she came off as a good sport with much poise in contrast to the thin skinned Obama/Biden package who seek to destroy average citizens like JTP.

muggedbyreality on October 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Opening skit: so-so. She needed all the fluffery of Baldwin and the distraction of Wahlberg to keep it afloat.

News skit: Horrible. Palin sat in a chair and watched a skit about herself. And SNL writers should know people stopped using the term eskimo about ten years ago.

Half the people are going to say the writers failed her, the other half are going to say she vetoed so many ideas these were all they were left with.

It was a bad idea for her to go on SNL. Expectations were way too high and she failed to met them.

Dave Rywall on October 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Sandbagged? OK, your pessimism is getting ridiculous now. It was great.

lodge on October 19, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Expand on description please.

Cindy Munford on October 19, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Eyes glazed, blood coming from head, black powder burns, mouth gaped open….

shirt with the words:

“Ayers Victim”

On the back of my shirt, these words:

“Tim Mcveigh was executed, while

Bill Ayers educates the youth”

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 12:00 PM

She came across pretty well, although I think they went over the line a bit on the cheap shots with some of the rap lyrics; but, that’s what lefties find to be funny. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a VP candidate groove like that…gotta be a cultural first. And unlike Obama on Ellen, Palin looked natural. The moose was hilarious. I’m still cleaning up the coffee.

austinnelly on October 19, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Hey, My new IMAC Troll-Blocker2000 warning just went off. It wasn’t that drywall guy from Canada was it?

hawkdriver on October 19, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Laurence on October 19, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Why?
I’m part NA and I didn’t take offence and I’m betting a lot of others didn’t. If you want to be all gulity then more power to ya but you know not all minorities feel offended all the time.

jmarcure on October 19, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Dave Rywall on October 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Now I know it was a net win if this guy thinks it was a loss.

tru2tx on October 19, 2008 at 12:05 PM

I don’t blame Tina Fey for not wanting to be seen with Sarah. Fey is cute but she doesn’t win that visual.

SNL is populated with B-grade talent these days. It was obvious who the real star on that stage was and she barely had to speak. Palin radiates charm and charisma. This was a win.

rsrobinson on October 19, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Try to find a way to have nails on your body, apparently the bomb that was destined for the non-commissioned officers dance that went off early had nails in it to do more damage. Now, are you going anywhere that people will have a clue?

hawkdriver on October 19, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Yes, yes it was.

Cindy Munford on October 19, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Dave Rywall on October 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Further proof that it was a net plus for Sarah Palin. Dave has to knock it down.

rbj on October 19, 2008 at 12:07 PM

BTW, DR, as a Troll you always fail to meet my expectations.

hawkdriver on October 19, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Yeah Amy Pohler is pretty funny and she never seems to shoot her mouth off regarding her politics. Palin getting her groove on to the beat showed how much the camera loves her, she looked great. It seems also that SNL has learned that they don’t want to alienate half their audience by learning to far either way.

Tobias2012 on October 19, 2008 at 12:08 PM

muggedbyreality on October 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM

I agree.

I watched the whole thing, and I came away with the same feeling.

The woman is grace under pressure. Tough skin. Undaunted.

She’s a natural leader, and time will bear this out as the media’s image of her crumbles apart against the backdrop of her genuine character.

Saltysam on October 19, 2008 at 12:08 PM