Gray Lady trolls Facebook for trash on Cindy McCain

posted at 9:15 am on October 18, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Jodi Kantor apparently got so desperate for dirt on Cindy McCain for the tiresome rehash the New York Times published today that she tried suckering teenagers on Facebook into cooperating with her.  The McCain campaign released the contents of an e-mail Kantor sent to one of Bridget McCain’s 16-year-old classmates through the social-networking site.  Is this what “political correspondents” do?:

I saw on facebook that you went to Xavier, and if you don’t mind, I’d love to ask you some advice about a story. I’m a reporter at the New York Times, writing a profile of Cindy McCain, and we are trying to get a sense of what she is like as a mother. So I’m reaching out to fellow parents at her kids’ schools. My understanding is that some of her older kids went to Brophy/Xavier, but I’m trying to figure out what school her 16 year old daughter Bridget attends– and a few people said it was PCDS. Do you know if that’s right? Again, we’re not really reporting on the kids, just seeking some fellow parents who can talk about what Mrs. McCain is like.

Also, if you know anyone else who I should talk to– basically anyone who has encountered Mrs. McCain and might be able to share impressions– that would be great.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Jodi Kantor
Political correspondent
New York Times

This isn’t a message from a political correspondent.  It’s an attempt by a gossip-rag muckraker to get teenagers to dish dirt on a celebrity.  What does this have to do with politics? Quite frankly, the idea that the parents of Bridget’s classmates having anything pertinent to say about Mrs. McCain strikes me as prima facie evidence that the New York Times is desperate to derail John McCain in any manner possible.

Kantor’s piece is more evidence of that.  She makes reference to Cindy McCain supporting her husband when the NYT reported that McCain had to be separated from Vicki Iseman because of allegations of an affair.  That story was trash when the Times wrote it, and it’s particularly reprehensible for the Times to resurrect it now, without any reference to the avalanche of criticism they received for running that hit piece on the word of two disgruntled former staffers that wouldn’t identify themselves.

The New York Times long ago transformed itself into an advocacy organization for Barack Obama.  Trolling for dirt on Facebook among teenagers for hit pieces on a candidate’s spouse hits a new low.  Does the National Enquirer even do that?

Comments

I’m surprised that you are surprised, Ed. I’ve come to expect no less from the Tainted Lady. It’ll get even worse in the next two weeks as McCain’s poll numbers even out with Obama’s.

When McCain is elected president, I suspect there will be – how can I put this delicately – a substantial decline in the instinct for self-preservation among several of the muckrakers at the NY Times.

ManlyRash on October 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM

All the slime that’s fit to print.

jgapinoy on October 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM

SCUM. BAGS.

Oh, but with such stylish eyewear!

benrand on October 18, 2008 at 9:24 AM

It’s an attempt by a gossip-rag muckraker to get teenagers to dish dirt

…& this “gossip-rag” is the periodical that sets the tone for nationally news reporting every day.

jgapinoy on October 18, 2008 at 9:25 AM

nationally national

jgapinoy on October 18, 2008 at 9:26 AM

This election cycle has been very revealing that way. The MSM has abandoned all pretense of objectivity and instead has decided to be The One’s Praetorian Guard. And you know what? Other people, people who are far less political than folks who comment at places like this, are noticing, too.

Mr. D on October 18, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Look at her in her Sarah Palin glasses.

Maybe Sarah could play her on SNL?

Of course, it would be a much prettier version of this liberal man-goblin.

Black Adam on October 18, 2008 at 9:28 AM

The NY Times and other media sources are counting on Obama and the Democrats to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine to take down conservative talk radio and stifle their other critics. That’s why they’ve abandoned all pretense of objectivity in order to get them elected.

rsrobinson on October 18, 2008 at 9:29 AM

These people have no class whatsoever. They are the lowest of the low.

They’ve been aiming most of their fire at Sarah Palin but the hateful left still has some potent vitriol left over for Cindy McCain.

Can you imagine this happening to one of Obama’s girls? Of course not.
I hope Meaghan McCain comes out with both barrels blazing about this. She is very protective of her little sister.

muggedbyreality on October 18, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Can’t she be prosecuted as a predator? seriously.

tomas on October 18, 2008 at 9:33 AM

REMEMBER how Obama won his first political victory.

Modus operandi the same as ever today.

Besides corrupting campaign contributions,
frauding voter registrations and voter tallies,
PERSONALLY ATTACK THE OPPONENT;
smear sealed information from a previous divorce
and scream “RACIST” ALL THE WAY, BABY!

maverick muse on October 18, 2008 at 9:33 AM

We need new words for “new low.” The dhimmicrats hit new lows so often that the term has become diluted. I suggest using “today’s new low” as it is more descriptive of what the party of slavery, segregation, and socialism has become.

Mojave Mark on October 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Jodi Kantor is simply white trash.

Man, it’s just gotta suck to be a Liberal. The women are ugly, the men are dorks, and they’re all stupid and angry.

there it is on October 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM

I’m surprised they went to this much trouble. Why didn’t they just make something up and attribute it to “unnamed sources”. Then if McCain complains they can crow about their 1st Amendment rights being violated.

zmdavid on October 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM

If there is any justice in the world the current financial crisis will bankrupt the NYT and muck raking hacks like Jodi Kantor will get turfed out onto the street and be forced to fend for themselves in the real world. I look forward to seeing Jodi greeting customers at Walmart in the not to distant future.

Dreadnought223 on October 18, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I didn’t think my contempt for the Obamedia could get any stronger. I persuaded my husband to cancel his beloved NYT subscription years ago over their article revealing the SWIFT program.

I didn’t think it was possible, but they are only getting worse, with their dumpster-diving, gynecological exams, and harassment of children. I really hate the majority of the media, with a burning intensity.

juliesa on October 18, 2008 at 9:37 AM

This was the first thing I saw when I turned the news on this morning. All I could think of is that through all of this, Americans still know next to nothing about Barack and Michelle Obama. Thanks to NYT trash news, I’m beginning to feel like I know the McCains intimately and love them like family.

Connie on October 18, 2008 at 9:37 AM

Hey, Ed, I guess this is an another example of how liberals are really just good Americans who have a different point of view?

peacenprosperity on October 18, 2008 at 9:38 AM

I’m trying to figure out what school her 16 year old daughter Bridget attends

New York Times, have you no shame?

SoulGlo on October 18, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Maybe they should look on some Caribbean island for some scoop on a candidate’s secret lover wife.

CC – BHO: “my Muslim faith”

CapedConservative on October 18, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Feh. When I’m out of Charmin, I use the Old York Slimes.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 18, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Other people, people who are far less political than folks who comment at places like this, are noticing, too. – Mr. D on October 18, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Indeed, they are. Word has a way of getting around – especially in the age of the Internet.

A backlash has building since the initial smear camapaign against Sarah Palin. It neared its zenith with Joe the Plumber. Like an emormous coil spring, it is winding upon itself and each fresh new outrage winds it tighter and tighter, increasing the tension.

On election day the energy stored in that spring will become fully kinetic, propelling McCain into the White House and Obama into the wilderness.

ManlyRash on October 18, 2008 at 9:40 AM

I wouldn’t house break a dog with the NYT but I did buy a single issue when they did that big story on Rush. Even though I had read the story on line I wanted them to know the difference in their circulation when someone on the right was featured instead of vilified.

Cindy Munford on October 18, 2008 at 9:42 AM

It get worse, guys.

I think they were targeting Cindy through Bridget for one reason: Bridget is the McCain’s adopted child. For what I can sense of the reporter’s intentions, she wanted to find out if Cindy had mistreated her non-biological child. Any sign of it, and the NYT would have screamed “CINDY MCCAIN BEATS THE S**T OUT OF ADOPTED CHILD” on Page 1.

This is beyond outrageous. I hope there are some legal eagles who can tell the NYT to “eat scum” or else.

newton on October 18, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Imagine the uproar if Fox News would try to look into Michelle Obama’s parenting ability by pestering her kids’ classmates.

jgapinoy on October 18, 2008 at 9:42 AM

I’m sick of complaining. When are we going to do something about it? When is the RNC going to do something about it? When are wealthy Republicans going to open up their checkbook so fund efforts to do something about it? Enough’s enough.

TheBigOldDog on October 18, 2008 at 9:43 AM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 18, 2008 at 9:43 AM

How the once mighty have fallen!! Remains to be seen just where their descent stops.

jeanie on October 18, 2008 at 9:44 AM

CapedConservative on October 18, 2008 at 9:38 AM

I heard about that in passing and I don’t like to use that crap but it came in handy when my supervisor was pushing the Gov. Palin had an affair with her husband’s partner junk.

Cindy Munford on October 18, 2008 at 9:45 AM

newton on October 18, 2008 at 9:42 AM

If BO had adopted a child from Bangladesh, it would be very commonly known. Since the McCains did it, the vast majority of Americans are unaware of it.

jgapinoy on October 18, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Just words…just speeches…just smoke before the API tapes of MO talking conservative white racist trash are released on Monday….Which woman would you rather have in the White House? Now time to blow MO’s cover.

I wish SNL would do a parody on GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) and have Cindy and Michelle go at it in the ring!

gracie on October 18, 2008 at 9:45 AM

jgapinoy

It doesn’t take Fox News to ask questions.
Getting a public library card is easier than anything;
accessing library computers is as well.

maverick muse on October 18, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Would there be outrage if I designed a T-shirt that said, “Jodi is a K*ntor”????? – Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 18, 2008 at 9:43 AM

Yes. From the left – predictably. And, I suppose, from the right to a degree, as hope we are classier than that.

ManlyRash on October 18, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 18, 2008 at 9:43 AM

No, no please, you are too wonderful to do that.

Cindy Munford on October 18, 2008 at 9:47 AM

I sent that liberal, trash queen a not-so-nice e-mail. I dont think I will be the only one.

I think they want to try to do an article that Brigit is McCain’s love child….I would expect nothing less…er, more…umm..less.

becki51758 on October 18, 2008 at 9:47 AM

If BO had adopted a child from Bangladesh, it would be very commonly known.

If BO fathered a child in Bangladesh (or anywhere outside of marriage–a reason he is such a strong advocate for abortion), it would never be made known.

maverick muse on October 18, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Feh. When I’m out of Charmin, I use the Old York Slimes.
Dr.Cwac.Cwac

I use my Times on the bottom of my parrot’s cage…front page the target right underneath his perch where he does most of his pooping.

gracie on October 18, 2008 at 9:49 AM

So, going after the family is okay now?

snickelfritz on October 18, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Government education bureaucrats have been using school children to spy on their parents for years. Why should NYT be excluded from the G-2?

petefrt on October 18, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Interesting

CanadianGuy on October 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM

John McCain and Cindy adopt.

Barry leaves his blood relatives to live in a hut rather than giving him any help.

has this slimebag newspaper done ONE SINGLE story on Barry’s brother?

benrand on October 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM

New low? Maybe same low. This is the paper that tried to get into the sealed adoption records of CJ Roberts and his wife when Roberts was nominated to SCOTUS.

Wethal on October 18, 2008 at 9:52 AM

This election, as with all elections, comes down to percentages that must be met in order for a Liberal (no such thing as a Democrat anymore) to win a general election.

For Liberals, it comes down to this:
1> Black vote. (percentage met)
2> Hispanic vote. (percentage needed is close)
3> Female vote. (percentage not met, not even close)

The wild card remains with the more Conservative white Democrat voter. As is the case with dozens within my family (union white Dem voters), this group of voter has been angered by Michelle Obama, Rev Wright, and the words of Obama himself, as written in his book referencing the white race as “the white mans greed, runs a world in need.” I have family members who have never voted outside of the Democrat Party, but are either voting for McCain or have decided not to vote at all this election.

The percentages have not been met for Obama to win this election, and his campaign knows it; the media knows it. This is why the media is pulling a full court press with it’s efforts to paint this election as “over”, trying shamelessly to discourage Republicans into saying-thinking this race is over, might just as well stay home and take our lumps.

Screw them, every one of them suck muck.

Keemo on October 18, 2008 at 9:56 AM

What else would one expect from these Stalinists thugs? This is what they do….and they’re good at it.

John Doe on October 18, 2008 at 9:57 AM

The New York Times is garbage. It should be treated as garbage.

Phil Byler on October 18, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Even if that “news” paper were to trump something up–from what I’ve seen of Bridget on TV, she seems to care for Cindy a lot. I would hope any lies or innuendo by the Times and would be gossip mongers from Face Book would find their slanders exposed in a massive and costly law suit. The NYT would be wise to run from such a contingency as fast as possible.

jeanie on October 18, 2008 at 9:58 AM

What an amazing season this is…Nothing on Obama’s billions of shitty relationships but going to face book to dig up dirt on Cindy McCain. WOW

Dritanian on October 18, 2008 at 9:58 AM

And yet they re all sitting on the story that Ayers and Dorhn babysat the Obama children.

Unbelievable.

rockmom on October 18, 2008 at 9:59 AM

I notice she has Obama folks Bill Burton and Stephanie Cutter as her Facebook friends, but no McCain spokesthingys.

CanadianGuy on October 18, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Jodi Kantor Eats Worms

maverick muse on October 18, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Note the interest in only Bridget McCain. Cindy has four other children. Anyone else think the Times wants an excuse to plasters its pages with pictures and stories about McCain’s “black child”? You know, just to help turn off more of those white racists who are now supporting McCain?

rockmom on October 18, 2008 at 10:01 AM

It goes without saying this scumbag should be fired, but this likely will get her a spot on the editorial page.

JammieWearingFool on October 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM

FWIW: here’s an e-mail I just sent Correspondent Kantor.

Ms. Kantor:

The purpose of your e-mail is nothing short of shameful. Leaving that aside, at a minimum, you should have composed it in a professional manner. Below, I’ve tried to help you out.

The change between first person singular and first person plural is annoying. Also, work on your hyphenation, dealing with who-whom issues, and offsetting nonrestrictive appositives with commas.

Mr. Corbett of your paper has a nice weekly blog post on writing issues. He posts it every Monday; you might consider reviewing it.

I saw on facebook that you went to Xavier, and[,] if you don’t mind, I’d love to ask you some advice about a story. I’m a reporter at the The New York Times, writing a profile of Cindy McCain, and we are I’m trying to get a sense of what she is like as a mother. So I’m reaching out to fellow parents at her kids’ schools. My understanding is that some of her older kids went to Brophy/Xavier, but I’m trying to figure out what which school her 16[-]year[-]old daughter[,] Bridget[,] attends–and a few people said it was PCDS. Do you know if that’s right? Again, we’re I’m not really [what?] reporting on the kids, just seeking some fellow parents who can talk about what Mrs. McCain is like.
Also, if you know anyone else who whom I should talk to–basically anyone who has encountered Mrs. McCain and might be able to share impressions–that would be great.

BuckeyeSam on October 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM

You know I reckon Ace has the right idea on how to deal with left wing media scum like Jodi Kantor.

By the way did you know just like “That One”, she attended Columbia and Harvard as well. That certainly says allot doesn’t it?

Dreadnought223 on October 18, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Dear friend of Jodi,

I’m a reporter for HotAir. We’re doing a series of stories that set out to “vet” the reporters who claim to be objective journalists covering the election. We’re trying to find out if Jodi Kantor has any outstanding tax liens, a past criminal record, perhaps a history of sex abuse. Is it true what they’ve said about her problems with drugs & alcohol? Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Purple Fury
Political Correspondent
Some Random Comment Thread @ HA

Purple Fury on October 18, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Old York Slimes = Pravda

Welcome the coming thugocracy!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 18, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Purple Fury on October 18, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Tru dat, playa!

Flood.her.email.NOW.

One simple touch I would add…….Discretely throw the words “donkey show” somewhere in the text, too.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 18, 2008 at 10:08 AM

If McCain would come on Tv or ask in a web ad for contributions to be used for a 30 minute infomercial so that he could take HIS case to the American people, I’d send him some $$. He HAS to get the message out about several things:

Obama + a Dem congress will be the end of freedom of speech

Obama’s tax plan is wealth redistribution= Socialism

Obama’s a liar about his infanticide votes

Obama’s connection to ACORN and voter fraud is undeniable

There are many other issues to bring about but the point is, McCain is not good at getting out messages in 90 second sound bites, but he is good if he has the time to state his case without a moderator or Jughead interrupting him. The RNC must have some money in it’s coffers, but I’d contribute if I thought it’d be used wisely.

anniekc on October 18, 2008 at 10:09 AM

McCain suggests Obama tax policies are socialist http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93SUJ700&show_article=1&catnum=0

Tazz 55 on October 18, 2008 at 10:13 AM

I have liberal friends questioning this…where is the original link to the Letter.

tomas on October 18, 2008 at 10:15 AM

From the headlines:

Landscape, fiddle around with the size, and print.

BuckeyeSam on October 18, 2008 at 10:16 AM

I sent it to Drudge and it’s the headline now MCCAIN: OBAMA POLICIES SOCIALIST http://www.drudgereport.com/

Tazz 55 on October 18, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Has anybody noticed how “the right to bear arms” has been absent from this election. Obama is advertising here in Montana, trying to sell himself as an advocate of hunting, while painting McCain as a man that will shrink the size of legal hunting privileges.

Hard to believe McCain is letting this go on without calling Obama out on his anti-gun record.

The right to freedom of speech; the right to bear arms…

These two (the destruction of) are top priorities for Obama-Pelosi-Reid during their first (2) years in office.

The total removal of opposing views, opposing debate, and the total control of the news cycle… This is the Liberal goal, and they are jumping for joy over the prospects of having a government that will allow them to achieve these goals without opposition.

Hard to believe anybody would want to live under these conditions.

Keemo on October 18, 2008 at 10:21 AM

The Old Grey Lady became a whore some time ago. Which might well explain it’s declining readership and stock value.

GarandFan on October 18, 2008 at 10:25 AM

tomas on October 18, 2008 at 10:15 AM

Does this help?

BuckeyeSam on October 18, 2008 at 10:26 AM

The Slimes is hate speech.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on October 18, 2008 at 10:27 AM

LOL, and now she’s doing dirt-reporting at the NYT?

“Look ma, I finally made the big time after the $100k education you paid for.”

Bishop on October 18, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Purple Fury
Political Correspondent
Some Random Comment Thread @ HA

Purple Fury on October 18, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Gold Jerry!

Check out Ace’s thread on doing exactly this:

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on October 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM

I highly doubt many of the parents have facebook accounts and Kantor knows it.

Topsecretk9 on October 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Joe the Plumber on Neil Cavuto–Now.

BuckeyeSam on October 18, 2008 at 10:31 AM

I notice she’s already moved Bill Burton off the page as one of her friends. Feeling the heat.

JammieWearingFool on October 18, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Jodi Kantor gushes over Obama.

JammieWearingFool on October 18, 2008 at 10:33 AM

BuckeyeSam on October 18, 2008

tomas on October 18, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Yep, and what’s the chance Ms. Kantor would send out a letter like this?:

I saw on facebook that you went to the same school as the Obama girls, and if you don’t mind, I’d love to ask you some advice about a story. I’m a reporter at the New York Times, writing a profile of Bernadine Dohrn, and we are trying to get a sense of what she is like as a mother. So I’m reaching out to fellow parents at her kids’ former schools. My understanding is that some of her older kids went to the same magnet school as the Obama girls, but they are not the same age. I’m trying to figure out what schools Chesa Boudin, Zayd Osceola Ayers Dohrn, and Malik Cochise, attended. Again, we’re not really reporting on the kids, just seeking some fellow parents who can talk about what Ms. Dorhn is like.

Also, if you know anyone else who I should talk to– basically anyone who has encountered Ms Dorhn (other than Hugo Chavez who we already know about) and might be able to share impressions– that would be great.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Jodi Kantor
Political correspondent
New York Times

Buy Danish on October 18, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Buy Danish on October 18, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Well stated!

Keemo on October 18, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Dreadnought223 on October 18, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Ace has the right idea in “vetting the media“. Being civil to thugs is suicidal. They only use it against you.

petefrt on October 18, 2008 at 10:37 AM

BuckeyeSam on October 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Heh…schooled her. Nice job.

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM

JammieWearingFool on October 18, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Bill Burton is still there.

CanadianGuy on October 18, 2008 at 10:40 AM

petefrt on October 18, 2008 at 10:37 AM

I definitely think she will be the first person vetted.

CanadianGuy on October 18, 2008 at 10:41 AM

She’s not all that bad. Appears she burned Jerimiah Wright.

CanadianGuy on October 18, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Jodi Kantor gushes over Obama.

JammieWearingFool on October 18, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Did you notice that that photo of Obama at the blackboard is of him teaching the Alinsky method?

Barack Obama, recruiting radicals, one child at a time.

Buy Danish on October 18, 2008 at 10:44 AM

is that really alinsky?

tomas on October 18, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Our local newspaper has a three quarter page article on Bill Ayers today. I just found it, haven’t read it yet. Hate to prejudge but it is an AP writer’s piece.

Cindy Munford on October 18, 2008 at 10:52 AM

CG, I guess they rotate the photos. I’m not all that familiar with Facebook.

JammieWearingFool on October 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM

The NYT no longer an actual newspaper, has chosen to compete with The National Enquirer for readers. Whats next, McCain was kidnapped by aliens, on page 1?

billypaintbrush on October 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM

***

Hard to believe anybody would want to live under these conditions.

Keemo on October 18, 2008 at 10:21 AM

You might be gratified by this letter to the editor in today’s issue of my local paper, The Cincinnati Enquirer. The writer is a woman living in a very middle-class suburb of Cincinnati.

I know why I am not voting for Barack Obama. I came to the United States as a legal Cuban refugee in 1969. I am a naturalized United States citizen, therefore I will vote. As a child growing up in Cuba, my home was subjected to illegal searches and confiscation of guns, knives, and hammers leaving us each time violated and victimized. Later in life I married a local attorney and a former U.S. Army Captain. As a present, he enrolled me in one of the first License to Carry Concealed Weapons training classes. I have my permit to carry and I want to keep my right under the Second Amendment to bear arms. Obama’s voting against owners’ rights makes me sick to my stomach. Imagine living in a country where police, thugs and social deviants would be the only ones with weapons. I already did, and I say never again.

Maria C. Waltherr-Willard
Greenhills, Ohio

Here’s the link:

BuckeyeSam on October 18, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Ben Smith has a story on the NYT’s hit piece on Cindy, too. Here’s his take:

McCain lawyer urges coverage of Obama drug use.

Quisp on October 18, 2008 at 10:55 AM

I don’t know if anyone has noticed lately, but there is no journalistic integrity left in this country. There are now only mouthpieces for the liberal left, like the NYT, that are spending less time covering the news honestly and instead are using their resources to create hit pieces on anyone who does not agree with their point of view.

The Chicago Tribune joined the ranks of the MSM with their endorsement of B.O. for President last night. It took me less than a couple minutes after that to cancel my subscription with them.

I think that within a another year or so, the only way you are going to get your news honestly presented is through either independent blogs or stations like Fox News.

Outside of that, forget it.

pilamaye on October 18, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Hey, I live in greenhills

tomas on October 18, 2008 at 11:02 AM

SCUM

These leftist pukes will stop at nothing to drag the opposition through the mud and grime and scum that they are used to living with. She should be so proud of herself scampering around like a roach under a dirty fridge.

americaslaststand on October 18, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Letter from Cindy McCain’s lawyer to Keller at NYT.

It is worth noting that you have not employed your investigative assets looking into Michelle Obama. You have not tried to find Barack Obama’s drug dealer that he wrote about in his book, Dreams of My Father. Nor have you interviewed his poor relatives in Kenya and determined why Barack Obama has not rescued them. Thus, there is a terrific lack of balance here.

I suggest to you that none of these subjects on either side are worthy of the energy and resources of The New York Times. They are cruel hit pieces designed to injure people that only the worst rag would investigate and publish. I know you and your colleagues are always preaching about raising the level of civil discourse in our political campaigns. I think taking some your own medicine is in order here.

I ask you to let Cindy McCain carry on in her usual understated, selfless and dignified way. The fabrications and lies of blackmailers are not fit to print in any newspaper but particularly not in The New York Times.

Sincerely,

John M. Dowd

CanadianGuy on October 18, 2008 at 11:09 AM

is that really alinsky?

tomas on October 18, 2008 at 10:49 AM

That is a photo of Obama teaching the Alinsky method.

Here’s a slightly larger version of it from Barry’s website.

Power Analysisrelationships built on self-interest…is straight out of Alinksy.

Note the “banks” in the diagram. Using thuggish intimidation tactics, like protesting in front of the private homes of bank employees, ACORN forced these banks to lower their underwriting standards and give out no-money-down subprime mortgages…and the rest is history.

Buy Danish on October 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Quisp on October 18, 2008 at 10:55 AM

The Politico is a bunch of former WAPO Libs making an attempt to be something different than what we all know of the WAPO turned into. With each passing day, the Politico becomes as shameless as the WAPO & NYT…

A Liberal is a Liberal is a Liberal. Agenda driven scumbags.

Keemo on October 18, 2008 at 11:11 AM

They are called the NY Slimes for a reason.

RobCon on October 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Are there such things as libel or defamation laws in the USA?

I know in Australia politician’s families are off-limits.

Or is the USA in another world?

Crux Australis on October 18, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Put this story–Jodi Kantor, and the New York Times in a video, and at the end write— “I’M BILL KELLER AYERS AND I’M CERTAIN BARACK OBAMA WOULD APPROVE OF THIS FORM OF JOURNALISM”

Rovin on October 18, 2008 at 11:20 AM

You said, “Jodi Kantor, muckraker”

I assume you meant to say, Jodi Kantor, whore