Obama camp: The Michelle Obama/API interview is bogus

posted at 12:40 pm on October 15, 2008 by Allahpundit

The e-mails about it are flowing in, but Team Barry tells ABC and Byron York that it’s made up. If The One’s wife was going to get exercised enough about media coverage to start dialing people up herself, would it really be coverage from a web outlet no one’s heard of? Some of her “quotes” sound odd to my ear, too:

My husband and I know that there is no law that will stop him from becoming the president, just because some American white racists are bringing up the issue of my husband’s adoption by His step father.

“American white racists” as opposed to … Canadian black racists? That superfluous specificity feels like something a foreigner might say, not an American born and bred like M.O. who’d take the dynamics of the country’s racial politics for granted. But your mileage may vary.

API’s already updated to say it stands by its story.

Comments

More:

Our blog is used to spread information on political and social issues.And will deal in issues that affect africans socially and politically. We will focus on what happens to africans living in Norway and update them on politics in their home countries.

Pravda might be more reliable than API.

Buy Danish on October 15, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Buy Danish on October 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Why? Because she’d never say something like “For the first time in my life, I’m proud to be an American?”

Califemme on October 15, 2008 at 2:55 PM

This is being follwed with emails between Corsi and API.
Reporting that API will publish the recording on their site within the next 2 days.

Pat in NC on October 15, 2008 at 3:04 PM

What’s API?

Akzed on October 15, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Maybe she knew it was coming and had to vent somewhere where it might go unnoticed. Something is not right here.

bloggless on October 15, 2008 at 3:11 PM

In context while being interviewed by the AFRICAN Press International, a Michelle distinguishing reference to “American white racists” doesn’t seem unreasonable, and does seem entirely in accord with somebody who spent 20 years listening to Jeremiah White.

exdeadhead on October 15, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Aha, maybe Berg is not that far off after all. I realize that Berg is a 9/11 conspiracy person. Which I don’t agree on that at all. But this situation is different. It is rare that a Democrat turns on another. At least that is how it seems to be. Michelle Obama is a bitter radical. Actually don’t know what to call her. More like the four letters that protesters had on their green shirts attacking Palin. I hate that word. No matter how mad I get at a woman. I cannot call her that word. I make an exception this time though. You never know, maybe it is bogus. But maybe it isn’t. I wish our Country would stop with the Aid to Africa. Only one thing that will tick me off. After a President is elected. They announce the money that they are going to give other Countries. Enough. Keep it here in our Country.

sheebe on October 15, 2008 at 3:15 PM

nevermind

Akzed on October 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Califemme on October 15, 2008 at 2:55 PM

No, because she’s not going to contact some obscure African news agency based out of Norway!

Buy Danish on October 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Strange thing is why do you have to wait to call the phone number? That doesn’t make sense.

bloggless on October 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM

I might ad that Team Obama will use this to claim that Michelle is a victim of a racist right wing conspiracy – all of which will distract voters from the legitimate issues which continue to haunt General Obama.

Buy Danish on October 15, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Even she is not stupid enough to pull such a stunt. Hope I’m wrong, doubt I’m wrong.

Akzed on October 15, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Buy Danish on October 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Sorry, but it would seem they are VERY confident they can make that connection…

From: African Press International (API)
Subject: Re: J.Corsi on Michelle Obama story
To: [Address Blocked]
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 12:57 PM

To Jerome Corsi,

We do not want to be misunderstood. We are not out to stop Obama from capturing the presidency.

We are not here to prove to people the story, but we will give proper verification so that people will understand that the story is true.

Soon, when we come with more information on the site, those who doubt the story will be surprised why Mrs Obama would choose to talk to us and not other media outlets.

We will bring out information on how she was connected to us, how she was convinced her story was safe with us and why she trusted API. And who introduced her to those who contacted API first before she personally took contact in an effort to ensure that API does not publish things on her husband that may be seen to be harmfull.

If we start dishing out audio to media outlets, we will be misunderstood. We do not want people to think that we published the story in order to spoil Obama’s chances to become the president.

Those who are contacting you demanding that the story should be verified now, should be directed by your media to check our website in the next day or two. All the information will be made available, but we must do it carefully.

Regards,

Chief Editor Korir
API

Califemme on October 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM

It will be nice having her living in the Whitehouse. I wonder how big of an embarassment she will become?

saiga on October 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

saiga on October 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

None. I believe that Obama will close down media access. We’ll never know what is going on.

Marine_Bio on October 15, 2008 at 3:39 PM

saiga on October 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Michelle O in the Oval Office…

“oh, and we really need to cover that George Washington painting, he owned slaves you know… so… how about replacing it with a Che poster…”

Romeo13 on October 15, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Michelle O. is triple more arrogant and dangerous than Mrs. Kerry Heinz. They might have tried to scrub her from the outside, but the core remains. She hasn’t been indoctrianted, and never will be. She might sink he husband, yet.

On the actual story and others – as our RushBaby repeats, Obama would’t qualify for a top security clearance. How can he then become president? On the security clearance I know very well what is required.

Entelechy on October 15, 2008 at 3:39 PM

My gut read: Michelle Obama is bitter, but I don’t think she’s dumb enough to make a call like that to an obscure website no one reads.

Most websites are obscure to people who don’t read them regularly. “website no one reads” = “website I don’t read.”

If Obama was born in Hawaii why does she need to make a stupid phone call in the middle of the night to tell everyone it’s true?

Is she going to become Obama’s own Martha Mitchell?

snaggletoothie on October 15, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Is she going to become Obama’s own Martha Mitchell?

snaggletoothie on October 15, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Heh, I hadn’t thought of it that way. You might be right on that one.

Marine_Bio on October 15, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Murtha must be Pallin’ around with Michelle o

Murtha: Western Pa. ‘racist’ but Obama should win

I am getting really tired of all these losers and their racist spin, I find it insulting.

Robyn S on October 15, 2008 at 3:52 PM

This thing is phonier than MichelleO herself.

LibTired on October 15, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Hopefully this develops and we get to the bottom of it. But I wouldn’t put anything past this angry America hating turd (MO). She’s a race baiting loon, and her husband is a black liberation theology and terrorist loving, lying, race card playing, socialist POS. It would be hard for the Obamas to shock me at this point.

RightWinged on October 15, 2008 at 4:32 PM

HA’s own recent article: Obama’s character assassins target another National Review journalist.

Hundreds of Obama commenters are inundating the API website with comments and emails screaming of fakery and racism. This is not unlike the Obama brigades that tried to shut down NRO journalist Freddie Freddoso.

Obama’s campaign is known to have a heavy-handed approach with independent (ie: not in the tank) media sources who cross him. This is not new. They should’ve expected it.

Bear these tactics in mind as they continue to get bombarded with comments and emails. If they are telling the truth, and can prove it – they need to do so. If their story is accurate, they will find thousands of unknown allies to help make their case. They better not go wobbly and weak under threats and intimidation.

I highly suggest they release any confirmation of their story – the sooner the better. The news cycle is less than 12 hours long – and they are reaching a critical threshold level wherein to prove the veracity of their claims.

I understand they are rather alarmed at how quickly and ferociously this story ramped up. I’m sure they had no idea they would get so slammed. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle the pressure from Obama’s campaign.

Redhead Infidel on October 15, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Redhead Infidel on October 15, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Makes me wonder why API is not releasing the tape immediately, maybe the Obamas are trying to shut this down before it goes viral?

Califemme on October 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Califemme on October 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Well, from what I read of the email exchange between them and Dr. Corsi, they are pretty freaked out right now. They have been raising hell for awhile now about Corsi being incarcerated while in Kenya, and Obama’s involvement with Odinga. They are feeling the heat and are worried.

Specifically: “We understand the urgency this may have but it is important for us that we do it right so that we do not land into problems with Obama’s just like you did while in Kenyan recently.”

Redhead Infidel on October 15, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Redhead Infidel on October 15, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I suspect the rabid attacks are somewhat of a surprise, given that I believe they were honest. One thing that the Obama camp will not abide is honesty, so the attack is on.

Unlike the american conservatives, as most of us on Hot Air are, they have likely never run into this on the individual level or on the blog they run.

Maybe somewhat of a splash of cold water on the overseas Obamamania? One can hope.

Marine_Bio on October 15, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Redhead Infidel, I was writing a little behind you.

I’m just out preaching to the choir I guess.

Marine_Bio on October 15, 2008 at 5:00 PM

If the story is true, it sounds like API was dealing with Nairobi, trying to find out why Corsi was arrested, if Obama had anything to do with it. The Nairobi folks gave Michelle the contact info for API and she called them, distraught that API was going to come out with a story to ruin Obama,dealing with his step-father adopting him. API printed the story of the phone call and was inundated with queries about it. Then API said they would release the proof but that they had to make sure they dotted all their i’s and crossed all their t’s so they wouldn’t end up in trouble with the Obamas, like Corsi had.

We’ll see what they come up with, but if the story is true, I would almost bet money that it has to do with documents that Corsi had gone to Kenya to find – documents in Nairobi, the capital. API found them without knowing the significance so Michelle called API to let them know that it could be disastrous if they revealed the documents – and to call upon them to support their fellow Black person, as those in Kenya have done.

It all seems strange, but if API found the birth or adoption records that would vindicate the Berg suit, it could explain why Corsi was arrested and ushered out of the country – possibly before he could get proof of those documents. It would also explain why Michelle would call API and why API is scared sh!tless to verify their claims without all the legal ramifications figured out. Seems like they understand Obama pretty well.

This might get interesting.

justincase on October 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM

It certainly seems to lack credibility due to the simple fact I find it hard to believe that Michelle Obama could be this incredibly stupid (no offense to stupid people).

We shall see.

Virginia Shanahan on October 15, 2008 at 5:36 PM

I can see Mrs O doing something like this if she thinks Corsi already has the info.The words said I can 100% believe Mrs O would say. I hope they release the tape.
BTW,..anyone call the number?
NB: For verification, we can be reached on 00-479-329-9739..lol
Maybe people wouldn’t be so desperate to hear info on Barry if he would release:
Medical,
College,
Pass Port,
Kenya papers,
anything pertaining to Ayers,
Baptismal records,
Money trail,…etc

christene on October 15, 2008 at 6:16 PM

My understanding is that Corsi found adoption papers(or something else damning) on Barry Soetoro aka “Barack Obama”, and Michelle tried to head that off at the pass…

Califemme on October 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Something else to consider. FactCheck.org, the site that supposedly debunked the rumors that Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery, is run by the Annenberg Foundation. MAJOR conflict of interest.

Maybe there actually is something to this after all.

eaglescout1998 on October 16, 2008 at 3:12 AM

Interview NOT bogus:

“Shocking development: Mrs Obama decides enough is enough: “My husband was born in Hawaii and adopted by his step father, does that make him unpatriotic; she asks”, on a direct telephone to API.”

=======================================================

Note that Mr. Barack Hussein Obama DID NOT advance, as a defense to the lawsuit against him by Mr. Berg, the defense that he has already displayed his birth certificate on the Internet. The reason? It’s a fake. But it’s important to note that rather than suggest that he has already shown his birth certificate, Obama and the DNC responded with a motion to dismiss on ground that Mr. Berg does not have legal standing. Why? Why is it necessary for Barack Obama to hide and conceal information from the public?

It’s important to note also that the requirement for Obama to qualify PRIOR to the general election is a Constitutional requirement. This is the highest law; and certainly a federal judge, and the Courts, sworn to uphold that Constitution, is compelled to require Obama to qualify himself by proving all of the information that Mr. Berg suggests is needed to determine whether Obama is a natural born citizen OR NOT.

Also, the Secretaries of State in every state of America MUST require verifiable documentation as to whether any candidate is qualified for the office for which they are contending. If said Secretaries do not perform this legal duty, they may be subject to prosecution for dereliction of duty and other criminal acts.

People should realize that Barack Obama is a liar and a shady character: he has had all of his birth records sealed, his college records sealed, his health records sealed, records in Kenya sealed, and most other information and writings sealed. Obama is the antithesis of an honest and open person.

The Video that could cost Obama the election