Video: Kathleen Parker on Colbert

posted at 5:48 pm on October 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

We’re creeping up on 300 comments in the Buckley thread so let’s keep the “National Review apostates” party going. Here she is, the ‘Cuda’s bete noire, kinda sorta hinting near the end that she’s prepared to pull the lever for The One this November. I think Iowahawk speaks for all of us when he says: It’s time for civility.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So you can tell when someone is masking abortions but I can’t tell when someone is masking racism? – The Race Card on October 14, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Yes. They are either moonbat liberals or self-loathing conservatives.

Next question.

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 7:03 PM

If Kathleen Parker is so d@mn smart, let’s see HER go up to Alaska, whip a sitting Governor in a primary, a former Governor in the general election, then negotiate a $40-billion gas pipeline deal while pregnant with her fifth child! If Kathleen Parker tried that, it might be a humbling experience!

Then again, I take that back. I wouldn’t want to wish that on the good people of Alaska.

Steve Z on October 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Kathleen Parker thinks she is one of the Republican intellectual elites, and yet the best she can do is repeat Democrat talking points. What a let down. Something tells me that her moral foundation was erroded long ago, and her intellectual foundation is switfly following.

Tim Pancoast on October 14, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Seriously, are all women jealous of more attractive women?

Spirit of 1776 on October 14, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Darth Executor on October 14, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Thus it is safe to conclude all women’s opinions should be ignored. [ducks]

Spirit of 1776 on October 14, 2008 at 6:12 PM

One should ignore the opinion of any man who thinks he knows how all women think. :-)

baldilocks on October 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Nothing says open-minded like cheap shots at southerners and/or midwesterners. I know two guys called “bubba”, and either could outclass or outsmart this broad.

Laura in Maryland on October 14, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Esthier on October 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM

I love Palin. Not Jealous of her. Think she’s the only thing keeping McCain even questionable close to win this thing. Without her, it’s a landslide. Why? Because she’s me.

Like Michelle’s video a little while back, I’m proud to say, “I’M SARAH PALIN.”

Sultry Beauty on October 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM

One less self-important idiot I have to read from time to time.

Anybody who would vote for Obama is an idiot. There is nothing more to be said. Such a person has nothing useful of insightful to say, and can be safely ignored.

gridlock2 on October 14, 2008 at 7:34 PM

Why does it not surprise me that Allahpundit needs to draw our attention to – of all people – Kathleen Parker while he’s drinking her bath water.

Allahpundit: He’s As Helpful As Leprosy!!

grtflmark on October 14, 2008 at 7:36 PM

It’s as I’ve said so often, Buckley, Parker, and the rest of the Beltway ‘conservative’ elite have far more in common culturally, at least, with Barack Obama than they do with “flyover” America whom they treat with disdain as being their intellectual and social inferiors.

Matt Helm on October 14, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Ms. Parker has finally found her 15 minutes…and that’s about all it will last. Well, maybe until November 4.

She is very pleased with all the attention she is gathering and the source of the praise seems not important to her.

Check out Cindy Sheehan…once toast of the liberal left and now, well, toast.

ztower on October 14, 2008 at 7:41 PM

The more abortions a woman has had, the greater her hatred for Palin. I’m speaking in general terms here, not about anyone in particular.

bloggless on October 14, 2008 at 6:08 PM

****less.

The Race Card on October 14, 2008 at 7:00 PM

I never said I could tell when someone is masking racism. I do believe that when a woman who has had abortions looks at Sarah Palin, they see all that they lost with their abortions. The literally seethe with an frenzied hysteria, which the ancient civilizations believed originated in the uterus. I think that these women, generally speaking, have a self anger that manifests itself in this irrational hatred of a beautiful, pro-life, successful, well respected mother and adored wife. I’ll leave the racism part up to you.

bloggless on October 14, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Well now our wonderful gal Sarahcuda has certainly played the birddog and flushed out all the elitist assh…. including Parker, Buckley, SourKrauthammer, and probably OReally!

Flushed ttem out for the world to see. Now its’ up to McLame to gun them down.

Anyone here believe we would be where we are today had Mitt or Rudy picked Sarah? Instead of hiding behind her skirts they would have been out front takin it to the opposition and the above named elitists would have known better than to even think about attackin their Sarah or jumpin ship for an empty suited, socialist, black activist with a teleprompter.

dhunter on October 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM

On women and men?
My first girlfriends older sister told me when I was young and she and her husband caught us, ahh, in a compromising situation that:

All men are dogs, and all women are cats, and she happened to prefer dogs!

I can’t say that 45 years later I have ever thought she was wrong!

dhunter on October 14, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Good God! This woman’s bitter because Palin has a better haircut and more fashion style than she does.

Illinidiva on October 14, 2008 at 8:05 PM

In the past, my husband and I often read Kathleen Parker aloud to each other. I always found her insightful and fair. Having said that, she now chooses to play the professional victim. She absolutely had to know what her column would incite in the conservative base. Peggy Noonan, Chris Buckley…these are “surprises” I can do without. Side note, I cannot stand Colbert.

Glynn on October 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM

The one thing good that will come out of this whole thing win or loose we will know who we can turn to in a tuff times. We can now add her to the list of Bukley and Kristal

KBird on October 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM

All these supposed conservative intellectuals fail to realize that the reason any “anti-intellectualism” exists(if it truly exists at all), is because the conservative intellectuals have let is down.

Conservatism is not rocket science.

Saltysam on October 14, 2008 at 8:53 PM

sorry…

“…have let us down…”

Saltysam on October 14, 2008 at 8:54 PM

I am sick of all these conservative pundits drawing attention to their seemingly massive doubts about McCain/Palin with only days before the election. What do they think they are doing? They are weakening the GOPs chances of a win.

Is it worth it to them, all this ”McCain/Palin ain’t good enough for me” trash talk, to actually LOSE the election? The time for harsh criticism of the GOP ticket is long past. The fact that so many Right-leaning pundits are ignoring that is just incredible.

If the Right loses in November, it will not all be McCain/Palin’s fault. A lot of it will be down to the incapacity of the Right to COMMUNICATE their strengths (pundits, are you listening?), a lot of it will be down to the obamaworshipping MSM, but some of it will also be the fault of the elements in the Right who refuse to stop thinking about themselves now and start thinking about the da*n election.

lostinfrance on October 14, 2008 at 9:27 PM

The dems stick together even though their guy cavorts with terrorists, racists, Marxist, and America haters. You’d think we could get behind our less than perfect nominee. At the very least, we should all be happy to get behind Sarah Palin.

Mojave Mark on October 14, 2008 at 9:47 PM

I’d hit it.

lorien1973 on October 14, 2008 at 5:55 PM

yeah, I’d hit “it” too……across the face with a wet dick.

FiveWays on October 14, 2008 at 9:49 PM

I can’t get behind McCain – too much time spent across the aisle. The Dems booted Lieberman for much the same thing, remember? But you can add my name to the list of people ready to get behind Palin, and I am proud to say I knew of her before she got the nod.

angelat0763 on October 14, 2008 at 10:12 PM

McCain has made in perfectly clear he doesn’t care about me, so I am only going to return the favor, and vote principle over party.

angelat0763 on October 14, 2008 at 10:15 PM

That woman is just jealous. I get that a lot. When they find out my age then their attitude changes. Who cares though. I have friends. Palin is Beautiful! Most women don’t like it. Maybe her hubby oogles at Palin, and she is jealous? Or maybe she wants her? (kidding)

sheebe on October 14, 2008 at 11:57 PM

McCain-Palin… if only to plague these pseudo-intellectual O-pimps.

profitsbeard on October 15, 2008 at 12:38 AM

yeah, I’d hit “it” too……across the face with a wet dick.

FiveWays on October 14, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Ah the classy conservative strikes again… I’m sure in your case “hitting it” is something that is infrequent.

Bradky on October 15, 2008 at 6:15 AM

ztower on October 14, 2008 at 7:41 PM

She has been a successful columist for several years. Sounds like a little jealousy from someone who hasn’t found their one minute of fame..hmm

Bradky on October 15, 2008 at 6:32 AM

When Coulter turns, the war is lost. She is the true stalwart. She and Limbaugh should have several children and then homeschool them.
CapedConservative on October 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Oh for the love of pete. How positively Aryan of you.

Bradky on October 15, 2008 at 6:37 AM

I vote with my pocketbook…Kathleen Parker and Peggy Noonan get no more from my book money envelope. Let’s see if liberals will buy their literary endeavors.

deedledee on October 15, 2008 at 7:57 AM

I’m so utterly and completely disappointed in Kathleen. To mainline the kool-aid like she has is incredible.

She doesn’t know what she doesn’t know?

What the hell is that? We know what Obama and Joe know! And what they know is wrong or a lie!
Kathleen and Peggy sittin in a tree…….

JeffinOrlando on October 15, 2008 at 8:36 AM

This is revenge for the nasty emails she got after her catty remarks about Sarah.

In other words, vandalize the prom queen’s daddy’s car to prove that you shoulda won.

Akzed on October 15, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Yeah, I’m going to stop criticizing Kathleen Parker because of some incoherent ramblings by someone who thinks Truman was a war criminal (Brad).

Parker is a shrill, bitter, nasty woman.

PimFortuynsGhost on October 15, 2008 at 9:13 AM

PimFortuynsGhost on October 15, 2008 at 9:13 AM

You took a book out of the Obama playbook – make up accusations out of whole cloth. TOOL!

Bradky on October 15, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Kathleen Parker; one woman who is incredibly full of herself.

4shoes on October 30, 2008 at 11:56 AM

Why do you put this Colbert Report on the blog? The guy is creepy and reminds me of Jeffery Dohmer (who was from Illinois I think).

jarhead0311 on March 4, 2009 at 9:40 PM