Obama: I don’t need ACORN’s help

posted at 4:46 pm on October 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

Not quite under the bus, but off the bus and hearing the engine being gunned.

Obama replied: “[F]irst of all, my relationship to ACORN is pretty straightforward. It’s probably 13 years ago when I was still practicing law, I represented ACORN and my partner in that representation was the US Justice Department in having Illinois implement what was called the ‘Motor Voter’ law, to make sure that people could go to DMV’s and drivers’ license facilities to get registered.. It wasn’t being implemented. That was my relationship and is my relationship to ACORN.

“There is an ACORN organization in Chicago,” Obama continued. “They have been active. As an elected official, I’ve had interactions with them. But they are not advising our campaign. We’ve got the best voter registration and turnout and volunteer operation in politics right now and we don’t need ACORN’s help.

“My understanding in terms of the voter fraud, because having run a voter registration drive, I know how problems arise, this is typically a situation where ACORN probably paid people to get registrations and these folks, not wanting to actually register people because that’s actually hard work, just went into a phone book or made up names and submitted false registrations to get paid,” Obama said. “So there’s been fraud perpetrated probably on ACORN if they paid these individuals and they actually didn’t do registrations.”

“But this isn’t a situation where there’s actually people who are going to try to vote ’cause these are phony names,” Obama said. “And, it’s doubtful (Dallas Cowboys quarterback) Tony Romo (whose name has been fraudulently submitted) is gonna show up in Ohio to vote. So this is another one of these distractions that gets stirred up in the course of a campaign.

“But what I want to make sure of, is that this is not used as an excuse for the kind of voter suppression strategies and tactics that we’ve seen in the past. Let’s just make sure everybody is voting, everybody’s registered. Let’s make sure that everybody’s doing it in a lawful way.”

The extent of his relationship with ACORN was as a lawyer? No training sessions for Project Vote or $800,000 campaign outlays to ACORN affiliates for GOTV efforts?

Comments

That isn’t what he said in Dec 2007

Robyn S on October 14, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Thanks Robyn. I needed to see that. What a load of horse s&*$!

Badger40 on October 14, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Puff of smoke, pull of the level, spin of the dial…….

There, that is settled. Obama has no ties to ACORN! News report at 5pm, 6pm, 10pm, and 11pm.

azcop on October 14, 2008 at 5:23 PM

This is exactly how they get away with it….. Chilling.

reshas1 on October 14, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Obama: I don’t need ACORN’s help We’ve created additional front groups to do what they do.

CP on October 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Why did you add the -a for? Are you making fun of the fact that I’m Asian and some of my people tend to speak like that? RACIST!!! – YellowDawg on October 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM

LOL – it was a reference to the famous exchange between Groucho and Chico:

Groucho: Here is the bridge and over here a viaduct.
Chico: Why a duck?
Groucho: I’m fine, how are you? I said, over here is the bridge and here is the viaduct.
Chico: Why a duck? Why-a no chicken? Why a duck?

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM

This guy is evil, people better wake up before is too late.

pukara61 on October 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Damnit Manly, don’t spoil the moment by being all serious now!

YellowDawg on October 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Wait. I’m sorry. Did Barack Obama really just say that?! I mean, this is the guy who used some very “unorthodox” tactics in order to run unapposed for his Senate seat isn’t it?? LMAO! What an untrustworthy man Barack is.

KMC1 on October 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM

THUMP goes the wheel on the bus.

Bicyea on October 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Are you making fun of the fact that I’m Asian and some of my people tend to speak like that? – RACIST!!! – YellowDawg on October 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM

You the one taking ore good jobs wit you mati-maticar skirrs, you lacist plick!

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Ummmm… O!, are your pants on fire?

The release on the Obama site reads: “When Obama met with ACORN leaders in November, he reminded them of his history with ACORN and his beginnings in Illinois as a Project Vote organizer, a nonprofit focused on voter rights and education. Senator Obama said, ‘I come out of a grassroots organizing background. That’s what I did for three and half years before I went to law school. That’s the reason I moved to Chicago was to organize.

“So this is something that I know personally, the work you do, the importance of it. I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”

Indeed, Obama was being far too modest. The 2008 Democratic presidential nominee had worked not just alongside ACORN, but also as a key operative for the organization.

He was its lawyer in several pivotal ACORN cases.

Obama funded a number of its activities, as well. When he sat on the board of the prestigious Woods Fund for Chicago alongside former Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers, he oversaw and approved many grants for ACORN.

[snip]

Obama was the Illinois director of ACORN’s controversial voter registration operation, and he trained the group’s leaders in the ways of radical, sometimes illegal, confrontational politics.

He also paid ACORN affiliates during his recent Democratic primary contest. For example, leading up to the 2008 Ohio Democratic Primary, Obama’s campaign between Feb. 25 and March 17 paid Citizens Services, Inc., a subsidiary of ACORN, $832,598, apparently for get-out-the-vote activities.

I realize O! and his operatives routinely “scrub” websites and news reports, but does he really think that he can put a lid on what is already out there by just flatly denying he’s had a lengthy and close association with ACORN? There must be some nuance that I’m missing.

Y-not on October 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM

“These people I’m paying to cheat for me are a distraction.”

Jim Treacher on October 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM

You the one taking ore good jobs wit you mati-maticar skirrs, you lacist plick!

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM

:D Just wait for the October Supplies

YellowDawg on October 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM

“Spread the wealth”

Repeat after me

SPREAD THE WEALTH

This is the nugget we needed.

Run with it. This shows the real Obama.

drjohn on October 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM

I am glad Allah hasn’t been putting the polls up here lately. We have had enough depressing stuff in the last few weeks (the only ray of sunshine is Palin).
I hope we get some good news to talk about soon, or people are going to start checking out, or moving on to the Britney Spears gossip blogs.

neuquenguy on October 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Damnit Manly, don’t spoil the moment by being all serious now! – YellowDawg on October 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM

One cannot be serious and discuss the Marx brothers (Harpo, et. al. – not Karl & Barack) at the same time.

But then I guess you people don’t really see humor beyond a fortune cookie message that says: “Help, I’m a prisoner in a Chinese bakery.”

:-)

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM

But while I’m here-

“Senator, why did you need to change your website? Why was it false at first? Why did you lie about funding ACORN through your campaign? Why did you lie to the American people about the purpose of this group?”

drjohn on October 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM

:D Just wait for the October Supplies – YellowDawg on October 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM

ROTFLMAO…..Morton Downey Jr got shitcanned for that joke. I thought it was hysterically funny.

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM

This is his way of saying the GOP will use allegations against ACORN to suppress valid voting or to “intimidate” voters. Whenever the GOP complains about ACORN, the response will be, “It’s not ACORN, it’s just the GOP trying to keep poor, black, homeless, people from voting.”

ACORN will be nowhere to be seen on election day, but there will be plenty of other surrogates to do the work. ACORN had a front group for the Obama work; it no doubt has other ones, or lefty friends it can call on.

Wethal on October 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM

:D That was pretty good.

YellowDawg on October 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Even with video evidence to the contrary HE LIES. He is so arrogant that he thinks he can SIDESTEP THE CONSTITUTION by not providing the required proof of his eligibility the same way John McCain & every other candidate had to.
Here is a link to PETITION the Federal Election Committee (FEC) to ask them to VERIFY OBAMA’S ELIGIBILITY.
No donation is necessary. Just hit “next” and then “return to petition” when prompted. You can then click on the tab that says “signatures” and scroll down to see yours.

NightmareOnKStreet on October 14, 2008 at 5:33 PM

:D That was pretty good. – YellowDawg on October 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM

A pleasure to meet you, OrientalCanine. Every hear the “nese” anecdote?

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Seinfeld to George: So you’re going to burn THAT bridge.

George: Flame on!

Mr_Magoo on October 14, 2008 at 5:34 PM

ummmmmmmmm McCain….are you paying attention????

PappaMac on October 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Obama is telling ACORN to hide under the bus. After he’s election, they will come out again, “reformed” and committed to community organizing.

Wethal on October 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Warnings of potential voter suppression from a guy who had lawyers throw his opponents off the primary ballot, so there would only be one choice for the voter? Sure, I believe you, Barry. Bye, Barry.

Vashta.Nerada on October 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Headline…
LiquidFlorian: Obama needs ACORN, the mainstream media, and the Nutroots running interference; otherwise he would still be a state senator.

liquidflorian on October 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM

What a pompous, arrogant AS$.

stenwin77 on October 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM

But they are not advising our campaign.

That’s one of his favorites.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton went a little further, telling me in an e-mail that the campaign had “neither sought nor received” advice from Raines “on any matter.”

Most importantly, Rev. Wright preached the gospel of Jesus, a gospel on which I base my life. In other words, he has never been my political advisor
——
Rob Malley has, like hundreds of other experts, provided informal advice to the campaign in the past. He has no formal role in the campaign and he will not play any role in the future.”

[Ayers]”I come to Chicago. He’s working with Mayor Richard Daley, not know to be a radical,” Obama says. “So he and I know each other as a consequence of work he’s doing on education. That is not an endorsement of his views…. This guy is not part of my campaign…he’s not some advisor of mine.”

The Obama campaign says Goolsbee was not acting as an emissary from the campaign when he met with the Canadian consulate officials in Chicago.
—-
George Clooney issued a statement denying that he had advised Barack Obama on foreign policy — or even the notion that he is in regular e-mail contact with the candidate.
—-
“… I know Brzezinksi he’s not one of my key advisors. I’ve had lunch
with him once, I’ve exchanged emails with him maybe 3 times. He came to
Iowa to introduce for a speech on Iraq. … I do not share his views with
respect to Israel … The others that you refer to are…”

MayBee on October 14, 2008 at 5:39 PM

And while I’m fuming over this latest lie of B O’s, where the HE!! is the McCain campaign.??

Remember when they put responses out within 10 minutes? What has happened? Do they WANT BO to win?

Where is the ad showing BO talking to ACORN, telling them he wants them to be part of his policy making team???

This is unbelievable.

stenwin77 on October 14, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Not quite under the bus, but off the bus and hearing the engine being gunned.

Heh. AP, you drive me nuts sometimes with your pessimistic outlook, but I really do love your sense of humor. I laughed out loud when I read this.

capitalist piglet on October 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

OTOH, Michelle’s thesis was just released. When is he going to throw her under the bus?

Well, well, well. Now we know where all the race-baiting is coming from. Wow. It’s all making more sense now.

No wonder the campaign didn’t want her thesis released until NOVEMBER 5th 2008!

tru2tx on October 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

The “Nese” anecdote:

During the turn of the 19th century, the Chinese ambassador was in Washiongton D.C. for state dinner at the White House. During the cocktail reception, a well-known but thoroughly air-headed socialite approached the ambassador and attempted to make some small talk.

“So, Mr. Ambassador, what ‘nese’ are you? Chinese? Japanese? Javanese?

“I am Chinese,” he responded politely. “And what ‘nee’ are you, madam? Monkey, Donkey, or Yankee?”

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

And where is an ad of Obama’s energy policy (the tire gauge).

Where are the infanticide ads.

No wonder BO’s ahead (that and the padded polls).

stenwin77 on October 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

And this, where he simply disappeared an advisor:

UPDATE: Pfleger appears to have been scrubbed from the Obama campaign’s page that features the testimony of faith leaders, but you can see the cached version HERE.

MayBee on October 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

MayBee on October 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

They must have a sizable full-time scrubbing team.

neuquenguy on October 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM

“You can put lipstick on an acorn, but its still an acorn!”

TheHat on October 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM

This Chicago thug truly believes his own lies!

christene on October 14, 2008 at 5:49 PM

How DARE you question the messiah’s truthiness?

BLASPHEMERS!

mojo on October 14, 2008 at 5:49 PM

You the one taking ore good jobs wit you mati-maticar skirrs, you lacist plick!

ManlyRash on October 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Hmmmm… and I always thought a plick was a cheap tipper in a Chinese restaurant….

CC – BHO: “my Muslim faith”

CapedConservative on October 14, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Man, I have deep hatred for this liar. Decent people take someone at their word. They aren’t used to Obama’s type of “Saul Alinsky – Say ANYTHING” type of shameless lying. It really sickens me that he’s taking advantage of folks.

marklmail on October 14, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Then why the $800,000 contract with ACORN if he didn’t need their help?

Sir Andrew on October 14, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Headline…
LiquidFlorian: Obama needs ACORN, the mainstream media, and the Nutroots running interference; otherwise he would still be a state senator community organizer.

liquidflorian on October 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Sorry….Just had to clean that up a bit.

azcop on October 14, 2008 at 5:50 PM

If it is on the internet it has got to be true, right. Now I promise to vote for Obama as soon as you guys at Hotair send me that $1000 WalMart gift card you keep telling me I have been selected to receive. What’s up with that anyway?

MikeA on October 14, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Where are the infanticide ads.

stenwin77 on October 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

I believe this is the real killer (no pun intended), everything else will slide/slither off. But Obama cannot as easily dismiss this. McCain could really damage him on this issue tomorrow. There is nothing else he can say about the economy that is going to change anybody’s mind.
I hope the relative silence from the McCain campaign on this (except Palin, again) is part of a grand strategy and not just negligence or fear.

neuquenguy on October 14, 2008 at 5:52 PM

marklmail on October 14, 2008 at 5:49 PM

So, what makes him different from every other ambitious pol out there? SAY ANYTHING is the first verse of the pol bible.

trailboss on October 14, 2008 at 5:56 PM

But according to Sam Graham-Felsen, who blogs on the Obama campaign’s Web site, Mr. Obama himself linked his 1992 work to Acorn in a meeting with Acorn’s leaders in November.
“Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drives in Illinois, Acorn was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work,” Mr. Obama said, according to a post Mr. Graham-Felsen made in February.

Perfect. Sam Graham Felsen is Obama’s Marxist blogger. Thanks for the press release, Sam!

Buy Danish on October 14, 2008 at 6:05 PM

The interesting thing is not even Obama pretends there is no fraud here.

Terrye on October 14, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Obama actually ADMITTED that some of the ACORN people copied names and addresses out of a phone book?

But what about the guy that registered 72 times? Or the multiple forms in Ohio filled out with the same handwriting?

Obama also ADMITTED that he represented ACORN as a lawyer. McCain should mention that this was to badger a Chicago bank into making loans people couldn’t pay back. Seeds of the subprime crisis perhaps? And if Obama was such a bright lawyer, why would he represent such a corrupt organization?

McCain should also hit Obama about the $830K that Obama paid ACORN. What was Obama expecting in return?

Obama is right about one thing. The fraudulently registered Tony Romo won’t vote in Ohio. He was registered in Nevada!

Steve Z on October 14, 2008 at 6:06 PM

trailboss:

The thing that makes Obama different, is the unwillingness of the press to question or doubt him.

Terrye on October 14, 2008 at 6:08 PM

This guy is a born lawyer….I hope that is not racist…?

d1carter on October 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Wethal on October 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM

At taxpayer expense!

BuckeyeSam on October 14, 2008 at 6:16 PM

This guy is a born lawyer LIAR….I hope that is not racist…?

d1carter on October 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM

There, FIFY

Webrider on October 14, 2008 at 6:17 PM

More dots to follow:

The Working Families Party (WFP) is a minor political party in the United States founded in New York in 1998…

New York’s Working Families Party was first organized in 1998 by a coalition of labor unions, ACORN and other community organizations, members of the now-inactive national New Party, and a variety of public interest groups. The party blends a culture of political organizing with unionism, 1960s idealism, and tactical pragmatism. The party’s main issue concerns are jobs, health care, education and energy/environment, and it has won notable policy gains at the city, county and state level by piggybacking on Democratic or Republican candidates.

Party Chairman Sam Williams (co-chair)
Bertha Lewis (co-chair)
Bob Master (co-chair)
Headquarters 2 Nevins Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217

Who else is at 2 Nevins Street?: Project Vote, and ACORN Housing.

So now we have 2 addresses in Brooklyn that connect ACORN to Project Vote and the New Party (the first being 88 Third Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217)

Note that in a profile of Bertha Lewis at Crains 100, it stated, “Her vision extends beyond New York: Ms. Lewis is helping groups in half a dozen states establish liberal third parties of their own”.

Buy Danish on October 14, 2008 at 6:29 PM

He was its lawyer in several pivotal ACORN cases.

[snip]

What’s the use? McCain is such a wimp at debate time.

Birdseye on October 14, 2008 at 6:30 PM

From the Boss’s blog;

GOTV for Obama! Ohio ACORN is doing a Get Out The Vote project with the OBAMA Campaign. Ohio ACORN is hiring canvassers to go door to door encouraging voters to vote for Barack Obama.

ACORN is hiring in Cleveland (216)431-3905, Columbus (614)425-9491, Cincinnati (513)221-1737, for Dayton (call Cincinnati), and for Toledo call Cleveland. Or email [email protected] and your inquiry will be routed to the appropriate person in each of these cities. Intake and training will be held daily at local ACORN offices. Canvass begins on Wednesday Feb. 27th and will work through election day. Please, only persons wishing to work all or most of these days (Saturday and Sunday included) should inquire.

Please do not contact the Obama campaign directly regarding this post as they are not the organization doing the hiring and it will only distract their staff and volunteers from the other important work they are doing on behalf of Senator Obama.

Maybe this is wrong, but I say we give them an influx of several ‘workers’ for their cause.

Then purposely screw up their organization and efforts.

It would need to be done it in waves, like sleeper agents.

cryptojunkie on October 14, 2008 at 6:31 PM

HERE IS PETITION TO FORCE THE FED ELECTION COMMISSION TO REQUIRE OBAMA PROVE HIS ELIGIBILTIY UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. 6,690 SIGNATURES SO FAR…

NightmareOnKStreet on October 14, 2008 at 6:41 PM

THUMP goes the wheel on the bus.

Bicyea on October 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Sing along, kids!

The wheels on the bus go THUMP, THUMP, THUMP
THUMP, THUMP, THUMP
THUMP, THUMP, THUMP
The wheels on the bus go THUMP, THUMP, THUMP
All through the town…

VekTor on October 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM

So the word is out on the street yet that if ACORN registered you to vote, you better not vote ’cause the Feds are watching out for ACORN vote fraud violators???

albill on October 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Blaming the other guy, McCain, slitting ACORN’S throat, and keeping his dignity, oddly on the same day of the last debate…

Yep, he’s tried to touch on all bases, but he’s failed.

madmonkphotog on October 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM

And Obama paid ACORN $800,000 because he didn’t need them?

katablog.com on October 14, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Perhaps this? Wonder if they will now cancel their canvasing for Obama since he doesn’t need them.

katablog.com on October 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Hmmmmmm. Could Dan Cantor, founder of The New Party and “Working Families Party” (See ACORN) honcho be the inspiration behind Obama’s $250,000 highway robbery plan?

Dan Cantor wants to emphasize that while media reports (including mine) have emphasized the tax increase included in the Working Families Party economic agenda, there is a bigger picture.

An increase in personal income taxes is levied against those who earn more than $250,000, but it is part of an effort to lower taxes for a greater number of New Yorkers, Cantor, the WFP’s executive director, said.

Gee, it sure sounds familiar. This story is dated March 8, 2008. Anyone know when Barry came up with his $250,000 threshold?

Of course Danny boy could be copying Barry, or it could just be that great socialist minds think alike.

Buy Danish on October 14, 2008 at 7:32 PM

My fav on this is the excrement on the stage bit! That was truly priceless!

Ralph Nader on complaining about the Liberal Media! LOL! He must be speaking about that media that WILL NOT REPORT this story.

I fear this on Wednesday. Bob is going to toss it to Obama first and then he is going to lie, like the stuff he said today, and then McCain is going to …… I see this not being handled properly and I hate having that feeling. It promotes despair and I do not like despair!

freeus on October 14, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Liar.

Tzetzes on October 14, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Obama: I don’t need ACORN’s help

OK………….. cut off their funding.

Seven Percent Solution on October 14, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Get used to this clown for the next 4 years. I’m appalled as to how this congress, with such low approval ratings, will become a super majority next year. God help us all. The only hope left is McCain will come out with guns blazing tomorrow. No? Then it’s over. Besides, what’s the risk..he’s going to lose this thing anyway if he does nothing. Sometimes I think the guy just doesn’t want it.

joeyb1955 on October 14, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Ask the PUMAs how Obama goons suppressed the caucus voters.

onlineanalyst on October 14, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Does anybody else recall Kerry’s surprise that he didn’t take Ohio? Was he too assured that the fix was in?

onlineanalyst on October 14, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Nobama is such a lying (_|_) bite. He needs all the cheating he can get. I still don’t believe that polls are accurate. A friend told me that a pollster called her. He kept saying “You are going to vote for Obama right”? She finally said yes to get his ass off the phone. I think it is pretty funny that the ones that copped to their dirty deeds. Might go to jail. At least they should get some jail time.

sheebe on October 14, 2008 at 11:36 PM

onlineanalyst on October 14, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I do remember that. He had a very surprised look on his face. Like guilt. Or, when I was a kid. I would open the ice cream from the bottom of the carton. Eat a bunch and thought I was in the clear. Yes, Kerry was fooled. I loathed Kerry. He is a sponge.

sheebe on October 14, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Obama: I don’t need ACORN’s help

…but I certainly won’t turn it down either
Nor will I condemn what they’re doing for me

ToddonCapeCod on October 14, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Off topic: Mark Levin’s Tuesday Oct. 14th show looks like a good one:

On Tuesday’s Mark Levin Show: Mark goes through Saul Alinsky’s book, “Rules for Radicals,” and it is stunning how similar Obama’s beliefs are to what is written in the book. When it comes to Obama, we are supposed to pretend that his relationships with so many un-American and socialist people don’t exist. And if one brings up his relationships, then they are dubbed a racist. But the fact is that the rhetoric that the far left is using in this campaign is frightening. Saul Alinsky is openly telling people how to start a quiet revolution, and it is eerily similar to the semantics and wording that the Democratic party is currently using. In the 2nd hour, author Mark Steyn calls into the show and discusses with Mark why Obama’s relationships with people like William Ayres should be talked about, and also the smear tactics from the Obama campaign. You can pick up his book, “America Alone” now in stores.

electric-rascal on October 15, 2008 at 3:06 AM