CNN to black McCain supporter: Um, why aren’t you backing Obama?

posted at 12:10 pm on October 13, 2008 by Allahpundit

Specifically, why isn’t he backing him “in light of what’s happened” to the campaign’s tone? Is he really going to tolerate McCain reminding America that The One had no moral objection to associating with domestic terrorists? According to the media, that’s practically race treason.

In case you don’t know who Harris is, you’ll find an explanation below the clip. Exit question: Did CNN pause, even for a moment, while sifting those e-mails Lemon reads at the beginning to savor the irony of complaining about conservatives’ tone here?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

i happened to be watching this last night and i got more and more angry at lemon for his condescending tone. then he all but cut the guy off at the end as he was trying to make a point. was a pathetic excuse for an interview.

homesickamerican on October 13, 2008 at 3:16 PM

I’m telling you people- notice who the advertisers are on these sleazy news programs and show them what you think of them with your wallet during the, (potential-gag-) Obama administration- it IS the only way to get their attention.

anniekc on October 13, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Whatta you mean “you people” ?

Sefton on October 13, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Palin/Harris ’08!!
Palin/Steele ’08!!

nottakingsides on October 13, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Don Lemon used to be here in Chicago on our local t.v. news. I’m a bit surprised at his attitude toward Mr. Harris. He never appeared to be that racially conscious when he was here. Maybe the arrival of Barack is sending most of the blacks into orbit.

UnEasyRider on October 13, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Palin/Harris ‘08!! ’2012
Palin/Steele ‘08!! ’2012

nottakingsides on October 13, 2008 at 3:19 PM

He referred to Omama as an Indian. . .LOL

That CNN did everything but call him a racist.

Texyank on October 13, 2008 at 3:51 PM

titus_pullo on October 13, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Titus is cracks me up when people go off skin color. I personally go off how the person relates, acts and uses their brain. Not just intellect.. but common sense as well as ingenuity.

My Best Friend knew when I was asking personal questions about black people, I wasn’t doing it to be malice, it was honest curiousity. She has done the same with me concerning things about white people. Mostly concerning hair (what the difference is, come on we are women) tastes (which are very simular), health, mostly body issues and the differences in the two. We realized other then genetics we aren’t that dissimular. But then even she doesn’t get what she calls the “ghetto mentality” as she is a hard worker and knows that is how you get anywhere. She went to Spellman on a couple scholarships she worked her butt off for, but that didn’t pay for much but books. Though she did say it was much easier to live here and on the West coast then in the south due to the racial issues.

I never understood it. Skin is nothing more then pigment. It is how you show yourself to everyone is what matters to me. Treatment of people the way you want is usually how most want to be treated.

upinak on October 13, 2008 at 3:59 PM

As a white European, I feel it is my cultural duty to back Obama, in recognition of his White European heritage.

Yes – I am a conservative, but some things are more important than party politics.

We stand facing a brand new age, where a white man like Obama can stand a real chance of being elected president. WHo’d have thought, back in the days of Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson, that such a thing would be possible.?

Sure there will be racists across the country who will never accept Barack simply because he has lighter skin and a white mother, but he has overcome these attitudes and I feel I must support him – not just for the sake of my fellow European whites, but for all Americans.

uptight on October 13, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Michael/Palin ’43

uptight on October 13, 2008 at 4:17 PM

I am not caring at all what color he is. I am caring that he is a terrorist sympathizing communist who stated matter of factly he is a Muslim, before he corrected himself. Who does that? Now, go to eastern europe and look at all the people of color in Government… get back to us.

aflyonthewall on October 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM

What? Is “you people” racist too? Oh well.

anniekc on October 13, 2008 at 4:28 PM

The worst thing the Republican Party ever did, was allowing the Democrats to take credit for the Civil Rights movement. The second worst thing they’ve done is not fight to take the high ground back. How about reminding the people of Lincoln. Remind them of who was the first to introduce the civil rights laws. Remind them who introduced the Jim Crow laws. It goes on and on. They need to remind America.

Rogue Traveler on October 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Sadly, the “Southern Strategy” negated a lot of that. Hard to buy into individual responsibility when the party advocating it said they didn’t like you at one point.

The Republicans (particularly the Radical Republicans) tried and tried, but Lincoln had made the fatal mistake of reaching across the aisle to choose the Democrat Andrew Johnson, who dismantled everything Lincoln had worked for in the few short years after his death.

Over and over again, we Republicans tried and we failed. I’ll bet most Democrats don’t realize that the Civil Rights Act of 1957 was defeated with the aid of Democratic Representative John F. Kennedy, who bloc voted with the Democrats to defeat this key piece of Eisenhower legislation (which proposed to make it illegal to prevent people from registering to vote on the basis of race, as most Southern governments did). The initiatives would have to wait until LBJ took office.

When you are poor, and you think that the rich got there climbing over your back, you want to get your stuff back. That’s what the Democrats excel in — feeding that fantasy that you are where you are through no fault of your own, and that the people who put you there owe you one lash on their back for every lash they supposedly gave you on yours.

unclesmrgol on October 13, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Think with your skin and that’s how ya end up: blind, Lemon.

Akzed on October 13, 2008 at 4:45 PM

He referred to Omama as an Indian Kenyan. . .LOL

That CNN did everything but call him a racist.

Texyank on October 13, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Fixed it for you.

fossten on October 13, 2008 at 4:47 PM

As a white man, I can’t see voting against my race.

Andy in Agoura Hills on October 13, 2008 at 4:49 PM

How do you like that CNN??? A$$holes.

Andy in Agoura Hills on October 13, 2008 at 4:50 PM

In short its RACIST to vote for someone based on the content of their character (and background) over the color of their skin.

Check…. The inmates are running the Asylum…..

CrazyFool on October 13, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Conservative values have no color. It is a beleaf in ones on worth of what you can do for youself and your family not what others can do for you.This is something Libs/socalist can never understand.The reason i and others could never vote for Obama has nothing to do with his color but everthing to do with his programs and values.

thmcbb on October 13, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Don Lemon: racist ass-hat, apparently ignorant of the concept of irony.

Jaibones on October 13, 2008 at 4:57 PM

uptight on October 13, 2008 at 4:14 PM

First, if you are a European your opinion on our election is irrelevant. I do not interfere in your elections and I would kindly thank you to stay out of ours. It is the responsibility of the people of America to choose our President. Money and support for ANY American candidate by non-Americans is not only unwanted it is often illegal under our laws.

Second, you are not a conservative. A real conservative would see past the color of Barack Obama’s skin ans vote based on policies not social change. The policies of Obama are distinctly socialist and would be anathema to any conservative. So please, just come clean and tell us that you are a left leaning Euro that likes to interfere in our politics.

Hawthorne on October 13, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Oops, sorry uptight. I read your post again and this time I decided that it must be satirical. Sorry, I may have been hasty.

Hawthorne on October 13, 2008 at 5:11 PM

uptight on October 13, 2008 at 4:14 PM

I nearly had an “EO” complaint filed against me (in the military, “EO” is a euphimism for any minority-based attack) for calling Obama white, so as to both identify with him (I’m white) and then judge him on his poltics, which I abhor. Apparently, it is racist to call him white, and equally racist to call him a marxist who got his start in a terrorist’s basement. Which makes me wonder:

If Barack Woods was the brother of Tiger Woods, would it be racist to call Barack Woods Asian?

Spc Steve on October 13, 2008 at 5:11 PM

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

Oh well….and it sounded like such a good idea at the time.

dont taze me bro on October 13, 2008 at 5:19 PM

I emailed Mr. Lemon and asked him to be an honest journalist – ask the same questions of the next woman he interviews: “Why aren’t you backing Sarah Palin since she’s making history?” Then cut the person’s answer off.

I also emailed Lou Dobbs and asked him to address Lemon’s racially-charged interview when he covers the “tone” on the campaign trail.

Holding my breath for their responses – not!

MochaLite on October 13, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Does anyone have an email for this Mr Harris? I want to email him to tell him to hang in there. My husband is a black Republican, I have a 12 year old son, who is constantly asking me about politics. I want to show him Mr Harris’ video and know that he has someone to look up to.

Black Republicans come off SO MUCH MORE intelligent than Black Democrats.

reshas1 on October 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM

so McCain is playing the “race” card but all of nObama’s pals aren’t playing the Sexism card w/ Palin?

foxforce91 on October 13, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Remember when being the weatherman on the local news seemed like the easiest gig in the world and the reporters and anchors had the “real” jobs? The talent pool has thinned out since then.

Now any tool with a suit can become a cable news anchor.

pugwriter on October 13, 2008 at 5:37 PM

ALL TOGETHER NOW. RACIIIIIIIIIIST!!!!!!!

marklmail on October 13, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Allah, you should post the transcript, or better yet, the audio or video of Barack Obama campaigning in Maryland against Michael Steele and telling black audiences don’t vote for Michael “just because he is black”. I guess it’s okay for Barack to stick to his liberal ideology and support the white Democrat candidate over the black Republican, but black conservatives are “uncle toms” if they support John McCain and not Barack.
Yeah, I understand it CNN. I understand it soooo well.

RMR on October 13, 2008 at 5:46 PM

reshas1 on October 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Here’s a link which includes his email address.

I like your point much better when written like this.

Black Republicans come off SO MUCH MORE intelligent than Black Democrats

Skin Color doesn’t matter attitude and ideology do.

Oldnuke on October 13, 2008 at 5:53 PM

My pastor is black, and he made the point yesterday very clearly in church (without specifically endorsing McCain), that Christians better not vote based off of race, but off of what the word of God says.

nickj116 on October 13, 2008 at 5:57 PM

By the way, it’s a multi-cultural church, with about a 65-35% split between whites and blacks.

nickj116 on October 13, 2008 at 5:59 PM

I love how CNN trotted out their black host to field this interview. Would have been a bit riské to have a white host asking these questions, ne?

Seixon on October 13, 2008 at 6:00 PM

KIDS ONLINE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION ALERT:
The Nickelodeon Channel is extremely liberal, and right now they’re running their “kids pick the president” online election for kids to “have their say”. Anyone can vote. Anybody here interested in throwing this toward McCain/Palin, feel free:

(The last two presidential elections, they did this, and of course Gore and Kerry both won in landslides.)

ErinF on October 13, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Liberals claim the McCain campaign is inspiring hate, therefore, the McCain campaign is inspiring hate. Liberals claim the sun rises in the west, therefore…

whitetop on October 13, 2008 at 6:05 PM

You Go John T Harris, America First! As in Country First.

Pandering and Corrupt Politics can go back to Chicago.

Dr Evil on October 13, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Maybe he doesn’t like the possibility that a white guy, domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, ghost wrote Obama’s autobiography?

profitsbeard on October 13, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Aahaha.

Look at this video:

Enoxo on October 13, 2008 at 6:12 PM

I’ve never figured out why Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom character is so despised — he is the saintly archetype of Christianity.

Mildly OT, but you just answered your own question.

Dark-Star on October 13, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Where are the stories about backlash against white people by other white people, for backing ObaMao?

Aren’t we all supposed to stay on the same plantation?

roninacreage on October 13, 2008 at 6:33 PM

It’s about time, someone who know what is really is going on.

foxone on October 13, 2008 at 6:38 PM

I agree Oldnuke, but when you compare Jesse Jackson vs Michael Steele……

reshas1 on October 13, 2008 at 6:43 PM

I’m hoping this entire election cycle is just my own personal dream sequence. I’ll wake up and realize that it’s really Thompson versus Clinton. Scratch dream sequence, let’s call it a nightmare sequence.

Mojave Mark on October 13, 2008 at 6:46 PM

uptight on October 13, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Get out of here with that nonsense!!! You don’t speak for this American! Whatever happened to people being judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin?! Obama has many, many character issues. You see- I actually look beyond the flowery rhetoric and bumper sticker slogans. I love my country too much!

The color of his skin means zero to me. I won’t be voting for Barack Obama because he sat in a racist, black separatist church for 15-20 years; he allied himself with an unrepentent domestic terrorist; he is against nuclear energy, shale, natural gas and drilling (claims to be for clean coal, but if his lips are moving…); he wants to redistribute wealth in this country by raising taxes; he supports infanticide; he is very closely alligned with ACORN; he is a danger to freedom of speech (see Obama Truth Squads), etc. I could literally go on and on…

I’m fed up with the race BS!!! Inject race into the race is merely a cheap ploy of the liberal left to shut down opposing viewpoints. Obama’s campaign has played this card over and over. It won’t shut me up, not now, not ever!

Why did you leave Europe? Socialism cramping your style?

alwaysright43 on October 13, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Okay, I get it now. Per Don Lemon “if you are black, you
need to vote for Senator Obama”. So, I guess if you are
white, you need to vote for Senator Macain. What an idiot
and racist that Lemon guy is!! What is wrong with voting for the candidates that fit our personal ideoligies and not
their skin-tone???

gary on October 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM

pannw: Sadly, conservative black men don’t typically get much of a platform on the MSM. I’m hopeful there are more of them out there than we are led to believe. The hatred that comes the way of those like Mr. Harris and Clarence Thomas, etc. doesn’t provide a lot of incentive for non-liberal blacks to make their voices known. I’m always shocked that it would be that way here in the “land of the FREE“, though I get less shocked every day. It takes real strength of character to go against the current, but the more it happens, the better off we will all be.

Interestingly, there are a number of black conservatives running for the House. I have received solicitation letters to support them because I have contributed to a number of conservative candidates, not necessarily in my district. To a person, both men and a woman, they are opposed to Obama’s politics and philosophy.

Like the fellow interviewed on CNN, these candidates know who they are and what they believe.

The idiocy of that CNN interviewer relying on Facebook commentary to push his story is incredible. The media created the whole race narrative since Obama declared his intention to run. The media have no intention of delving any deeper.

The commenter who observed that Wright’s church is more reflective of Black Muslim agenda is correct. The potential for explosiveness increases exponentially with this mix of radicalism and race. We have only to look at Obama’s heroes and alliances to understand what and who shapes him

onlineanalyst on October 13, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Here in the town I live. I had a talk with a Black man at the video store. About two years ago he was mowing his lawn. I noticed the smile and content on his face. I was driving looking for a home for my cousin. I couldn’t help but wave and smile at him. The other day he came in and asked me if I was the one that smiled and waved at him a few years back. He is very nice looking man. A smile that one would notice. We talked for about a hour. He is a staunch supporter for McCain. I was stunned when he started saying how scared he was that NoBama might win. This man knew his politics. The odd thing is he is from Europe. Been here since a small child at the age of 7. Funny how one European says she feels obligated to vote for him. Guess not all from Europe are the same. This is why he loves our Country. He doesn’t want another Europe. I don’t either.

sheebe on October 13, 2008 at 7:22 PM

A disgrace to his race.

custer on October 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM

He referred to Omama as an Indian Kenyan. . .LOL

That CNN did everything but call him a racist.

Texyank on October 13, 2008 at 3:51 PM
Fixed it for you.

fossten on October 13, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Thanks fossten. . .I’ll blame my ears ( If Barry can . So can I ) My apologies to all the indians I offended.

Texyank on October 13, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Had to say one more thing. On the news the past few nights. You see a black person stating that they are voting for Nobama because he is black. Not that his policies suck or any other reason. And to think they can vote. I am so steamed after seeing those men on Fox last night. I was proud that they are level headed young men. They want what is good for our Country. I notice how Liberals slam Fox News. I would say that some of them on Fox are Far Liberal. Look at that idiot Combs. Good god he is a real winner. Then a white woman from Europe says that she feels obligated to vote for Nobama. Do us a favor. Don’t vote in our Country. We don’t need narrow minded European fools like you at our polls!

sheebe on October 13, 2008 at 7:51 PM

It saddens me to see what democrats have done to the black America. They have enslaved, segregated, excluded, ignored, baited, used, and sucked up to them in any way possible. But it is Democrats who started the Ku Klux Klan. and stabbed black America in the back. They have fought for black codes and Jim Crows. They have turned the hoses on, set the dogs on, they have stood in restaurant and school house doors to keep blacks out all the while republicans have been fighting with them for their rights and dignity. The democrat party is the party of slavery, secession, segregation and socialism. It’s no wonder why the democrat’s party is today the party of guilt, they certainly have a long guilty history.

It is time for Republicans to stop letting liberals define us to black America. It is time for conservatives to grow a pair and stand up for ourselves. In order to break the Democrats’ stranglehold on the black vote and free black Americans from the Democrat Party’s economic plantation, we must shed the light of truth on the Democrats. We must educate, explain, and teach the truth. From its founding in 1854 as the anti-slavery party until today, the Republican Party has championed freedom and civil rights for blacks. Few black Americans know that it was Republicans who founded the Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Republican Sen. Everett Dirksen from Illinois was key to the passage of civil rights legislation in 1957, 1960, 1964 and 1965. Dirksen wrote the 1965 Civil Rights Act and also crafted the language for the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which prohibited discrimination in housing. Most black Americans don’t even know that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was himself a republican.
The republican party was founded to free people from slavery, oppression and persecution and has been doing it for over 150 years all over the world from Virginia to Baghdad. The real question we should be asking is why are any black Americans voting democrat?

Ref: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=16500

Dollayo on October 13, 2008 at 8:18 PM

Here is an example of people who are voting for someone because of something MUCH MORE important than skin color.

For all the empty liberal talk of “colorless society” libs are the petty, obsessed group in reference to color.

Skidd on October 13, 2008 at 8:29 PM

I thought for a moment that “uncle Tom” was going to slip into the conversation there for a minute. Democrats, insisting how you should think for decades.

Hog Wild on October 13, 2008 at 8:39 PM

oh so sad, a black man not voting for BO, he must be a whity

foxone on October 13, 2008 at 9:15 PM

I emailed CNN’s show and Don Lemon. This is what they got:

Don Lemon’s blatant racism is a disgrace to any journalistic or broadcast stands. How dare him belittle Mr. Harris, another black man, because he won’t “vote black?” Why didn’t you come right out Lemon and call him an uncle Tom? You are the racist. Get off the air and get out of journalism. Maybe ACORN has a spot for you to look up some dead folks in Atlanta to register!

If a race war comes it will likely be like it was in Soweto, South Africa, where the radical blacks killed and tortured other blacks to intimidate them so they would build a stronger coalition in order to tear down the SA government. Same just happened in Zimbabwe with Mugabe’s thugs. I never thought I’d see tribal racism displayed like it was on CNN.

wepeople on October 13, 2008 at 9:25 PM

My prayers go out to Harris and his family.

I’m glad he’s voting based on his morals and stand.

He’s a REAL man!

rightwingmom on October 13, 2008 at 9:35 PM

How ungrateful! Can’t this ignoramus just look around and see what 40+ years of the democrats great society has done for black culture here! Why just look at Barry’s hometown of Chicago; a real paradise in their neighborhoods:……It’s always a pleasure to see such a man of integrity AND intelligence stand up for truth. This guy is a real role model of courage, not P. Shitdly or whatever. I’ve been politically conscience for about 30 years now, and it’s been my experience that about 90% of racists and anti-semites that I’ve encountered of whatever color turned out to be democratic leaning voters. In my opinion we’re soon going to find out or at least suspect that alot of people with obama signs, bumper-stickers, etc. voted against him.

cjk on October 13, 2008 at 10:39 PM

reshas1 on October 13, 2008 at 6:43 PM

Or you could compare Michael Steele to Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. See what I mean. Skin color is irrelevant.

Oldnuke on October 14, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Whites and blacks have to start calling out false racism. This has been getting out of hand for years.

We’ve overcome nothing if we can’t criticize one another, based on facts, without being called a racist.

BuckeyeSam on October 14, 2008 at 1:46 AM

Lib cestpool, the Nickelodeon Channel, is running their “Kids Pick the President” online election. Anyone can vote. I just voted about 50 times. Log on! Vote Often. See what it’s like to be an ACORN voter.

Incidentally, they’ve run this over the past ten years, and Gore and Kerry both won in landslides.

If anyone out there doubts that Nick is an extreme lib endoctrination source to American kids, let me spell it out! Nick pushes everything from Dora the Explorer (who teaches you have to speak Spanish to get anywhere) to South of Nowhere (which is about a 15 year old girl who discovers she is a lesbian who ends up in a sexual relationship with the “bad girl” of the school).

Since Nick is such a sewer of lib scum, I suggest all HA and MM bloggers just vote away for McCain. Not sure if it will do any good, buy what the heck.

ErinF on October 14, 2008 at 2:07 AM

He should have told the interviewer with a sneer not to get his knickers in a bunch, that it was Obama’s White portion that he was opposing.

Edouard on October 14, 2008 at 2:11 AM

As I recall this is the same CNN jackass that tangled with Newt at the convention and was fed his private parts. This guy is the epitome of a slow learner.

rplat on October 14, 2008 at 7:17 AM

African Americans are supposed to be the trained pets of Liberals. When one of these “pets” doesn’t abide by Liberal orthodoxy, they are to undergo the moral equivalent of abortion, the sacrament of Liberal Orthodoxy.

There are plenty of black conservatives out there, but they remain in the shadows. They fear for their lives. The undocumented crime: Liberal Black on Conservative Black violence.

EMD on October 14, 2008 at 7:46 AM

Jesse Jackson says……..Will Obama’s election close the chapter of black grievances linked to memories of slavery? The reverend takes a deep breath and waits a long time before responding.

“No, that chapter won’t be closed,” he says. “However, Obama’s victory will be a huge step in the direction we have wanted America to take for decades.”

Mercy4Me on October 14, 2008 at 8:33 AM

The liberal hack host had the nerve to say McCain was inciting hate at his rallies?
This guy, James T. Harris, is getting hundreds of hate mail messages and DEATH THREATS!!!

Using the hosts racist logic in his choice for President, being if you’re black, you must vote for the black guy, then the same should be said for McCain.
How can any white voter not vote for the white guy?

roninacreage on October 14, 2008 at 8:38 AM

All of this crap about race reminds me of something that happened to my family, once. I was out of town on business. When I came home after a couple days, my wife told me that our black neighbor, across the street, had come to our house and yelled at my wife that my family were all “racists” because one of my little kids called his little boy “obnoxious.”

Months later, we awoke on a Saturday morning to see that his family was being evicted. Apparently, they had not made house payments for year. All of their family furnishings were put into the front yard. After it started to rain, many of the neighbors went to his house with plastic to cover his furniture and belongings and asked him if he needed help to get everything in storage. After he arranged for a truck to take everything to a “U-Store It” place, somebody noticed HE had disappeared. Then somebody spotted him sitting in the nearby McDonalds, eating while we moved his furniture. He came back later, to egg his old house, but that was the last time I saw him.

Star20 on October 14, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Mc Cain, bless his heart, doesn’t have a clue. He may be a war hero but he sure doesn’t know how to fight. Handled properly the ACORN fiasco alone could sink the Obama ship. How can the American public elect a president who actively backs an organization that illegally rigs an election for him.

Ernest on October 14, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Would people voting for Obama based on race vote for a black conservative?

(Well, most white liberals no. Maybe some people would though…)

Tzetzes on October 14, 2008 at 10:45 AM

This guy James Harris is one stand-up guy. I’m glad he’s on our side. I heard he has a radio show in NC. Anyone know if his show is on the web?

james23 on October 14, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Star20 on October 14, 2008 at 9:04 AM

What the Great Society mentality hath wrought.

baldilocks on October 14, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Ernest on October 14, 2008 at 9:17 AM

McCain, 26+ years in the senate, won the race for representing the GOP in the 2008 presidential race…and you say he doesn’t have a clue, “doesn’t have a clue” after 26 years in the senate, and numerous campaigns for himself and campaigning for others.
I think that pretty much show you don’t have a clue…

right2bright on October 14, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Where in this interview did the interviewer ask a question he thought of himself. CNN has passed the lazy barrier and has just become a facilitator/screener for internet chat discussions. They barely even send reporters to locations anymore with an increasing reliance on ireports.

cobrakai99 on October 14, 2008 at 12:36 PM

It’s nice to see a man like Harris stand up for what he believes in & not defer to the ghetto mentality. This is why black people in the US are in such a bad spot. They paint themselves as victims & constantly bemoan whitey is keeping them down.
As a woman, I could probably do the same thing. But I’m not being kept down as a woman. I get the same opportunities as any person. If I’ve ever been discriminated against bcs I’m a womna, I’ve fought back.
I’ve lived all over the US my whole life & when I see prejudice, it mainly comes from those who aren’t white. Lots of white people today don’t have a clue how much they are hated by other races in some places. I went to a mostly black/hispanic high school in E. TX where I was the minority. They hated us white folks!
I then went to an upper scale high school in Columbus OH that was still bussing inner city blacks in & they STILL hated us white folks. Me-I’ve never had a problem with anyone based on color. I guess bcs I’m not black or some other color & so I will never ‘get it’.

Badger40 on October 14, 2008 at 12:39 PM

I guess this CNN reporter has never visited:

…. nor watched the DVDs from here ….

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on October 14, 2008 at 12:55 PM

That hack all but out-and-out called him an Oreo. On public TV no less!

No worries though…he’ll surely be able to do that once Obamanation is elected.

Dark-Star on October 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM

it is a sad thought that no one can have a thought unless some person calls him or her a racist or a sexist!

as i write it is very difficult to say. that any one person can be so bigoted.

obama uses hate to get himself elected. hate anyone who does not agree.

lest i rant.