Video: Palin hits Obama on abortion

posted at 1:10 pm on October 12, 2008 by Allahpundit

Four minutes from what I’ve already said is one of the most red-meat social con speeches you’ll ever read. David Brody has the full transcript, which runs considerably longer than what’s here. I assume the strategy is to try to peel away blue-collar Dems who might have misgivings about Obama’s social agenda, but in light of yesterday’s Times of London story, I wonder: Could this be a case of Palin wandering off message to try to establish her own brand as a culture warrior for the next election while she still has a national spotlight? That is to say, has the ‘Cuda gone renegade?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Yes, I am in Pennsylvania and in a battleground county within Pennsylvania. I am a registered Republican and so was a little surprised to get the Planned Parenthood mailing. I guess there are a lot of pro-abortion Republicans around here, which may explain why Democrats have carried it in the last two elections.

Anyone (ahem, AP) who thinks that Gov. Palin was speaking out of school here is just dumb. She specifically wanted to talk about this in Johnstown, where Obama made his infamous “punished with a baby” remarks, and on a day when Obama was in the state. Some of the Obama people here think she is stalking Obama and trying to get him responding to her again. McCain rose in the polls after the RNC convention while Palin’s speech and further comments about Obama were the subject on everyone’s lips. McCain had a successful week last week while Palin carried the message about Bill Ayers and they are trying to do it again this week with abortion.

The media are going to keep screaming the Obama line that McCain and Palin are trying to “distract” voters with “side issues” instead of talking about the economy. But voters will get the message, that Obama is an extreme left-wing candidate, not the nmice moderate he is pretending to be.

rockmom on October 12, 2008 at 2:34 PM

funky chicken on October 12, 2008 at 2:32 PM
Isn’t it amazing that John McCain is held responsible for the words of an attendee of a rally but Sen. Obama is not held responsible for the actions of an organization his campaign paid $800K to “get out the vote”?

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Unfortunately terminal curmudgeon doesn’t exempt you from ANYTHING available within the school system. Except maybe a rational meeting with a teacher. – Cindy Munford on October 12, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Is she a NAUGHTY teacher?

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:36 PM

YESSSSSSSS! This is what I have so longed to hear. It’s the biggest issue I use in measuring a person’s character. Hearing some one express their passion on how fragile, yet extremely significant life is, helps us look into her soul. I don’t just mean that in a religious sense because religious, I am not. (yes, a pro life atheist) From this, I can see that some things are more important to her than herself, and that is something that is hard to find in politicians today. It’s why this country is in such financial distress today. If Frank, Dodd, Pelosi, Reid and yes W, were this passionate of their morals, things would be much better for this country.

oakpack on October 12, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Because God knows, all that matters to me is Palin’s take on Jean Paul Sartre and his lunatic girlfriend.

funky chicken on October 12, 2008 at 1:13 PM

I’m late to this thread but, funky chicken, that was funny.

Weight of Glory on October 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM

She’s the only good thing to have come out of this wretched campaign – I mean even though she’s a racist and all.

nocomme1 on October 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Don’t be too harsh on him, Irish. I’m an avowed hetero, married, with two beautiful, grown children who is an ardent and eloquent defender of innocent life from the moment of conception.

That said, I loathe children, positively abominate them.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Ditto to all with 6 grandkids to boot. I call them “larvae”. :)

RushBaby on October 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM

If Palin were the top of the ticket, this speech would be all it would take to get me to vote Obama.

thuja on October 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Some of the Obama people here think she is stalking Obama…

rockmom on October 12, 2008 at 2:34 PM

LOL. Sounds like a plan to me!

IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM

ManlyRash, you are a genius, both comic and otherwise.

Feh…If I’m a farking genius, how come I’m not rich? I love that comeback, because it always confounds assholes like me who think they have all the answers – unless, of course, I wasn’t paying attention and they really ARE rich, in which case, I crawl into my shoes.

Since you’re in NJ, home of pharmaceutical companies and deranged liberals…When Obama wins, how about popping over to Merck once human cloning is legalized? The joke will be on the libtards and the world benefit from more than one of you.

No, the joke would be on humanity…you really don’t want more of ME wandering this earth. One of me is bad enough. A legion of me is a farking plague.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Remember, Jack Bauer goes renegade at least a couple times each season. And it’s important to note that Jack Bauer is cool.

BCrago66 on October 12, 2008 at 2:42 PM

That said, I loathe children, positively abominate them.
ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Ditto to all with 6 grandkids to boot. I call them “larvae”. :)
RushBaby on October 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Hmpf. Men.

IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM

rockmom, I’m in NV, and the only mailers I’ve gotten have come from the NEA. aside from the thank you letters from McCain/Palin, VFF, and rightchange, of course

needless to say the NEA just wasted their postage on those glossy things LOL

funky chicken on October 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Ditto to all with 6 grandkids to boot. I call them “larvae”. – RushBaby on October 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Heh…I call them into the basement and then, when their backs are turned, rush up the stairs, turn off the light and then lock the door. Usually, they stop crying after an hour or so.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:44 PM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Hmpf. Men. – IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM

There is nothing wrong with the male of the Human species that a shotgun blast or forceful kick in the groin cannot resolve. – Manly Rash

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Hmpf. Men.

IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Yeah but they clamor to come over because I let them practice shooting into the compost pile. You should see how cute they are tramping out there bristling with pistols and shotguns!

RushBaby on October 12, 2008 at 2:47 PM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Shotgun blast, see? ManlyRash gets it.

RushBaby on October 12, 2008 at 2:48 PM

This is it. The way to go until November 4th.

Baphomet on October 12, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Possibly but not rational. Your kids are grown? They are suppose to keep their flu to themselves after middle school. I think they have to pay your or something after that. – Cindy Munford on October 12, 2008 at 2:46 PM

The Boy (I call him “the boy” in an ongoing effort to destroy whatever self-esteem he has left) is in culinary school. The Girl recently graduated high school and is deciding whether she should go to college or marry rich. I keep telling her to marry rich – she can always take him to the cleaners after a few years, at a time when the girls who foolishly went to college are still repaying their student loans.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Keep her in Ohio, especially the Southeastern part where she can pick off conservative Dems. She should also hit Northern Minnesota (the Iron Range/Duluth) and Wisconsin. I bet she can peel off enough dems in these areas to carry these states. ARG had Mac tied in MN. Palin would probably be very popular in Duluth.

IR-MN on October 12, 2008 at 1:23 PM

SW Ohio is my stomping ground .. plenty of BO/Biden signs here, although Mc signs are visible. Any who, its bling right now to show the Hopey/Changey yard decoration … I have a feeling its split pretty evenly here.

Benjamin9 on October 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Shotgun blast, see? ManlyRash gets it. – RushBaby on October 12, 2008 at 2:48 PM

As I have often pointed out to my beloved son (in whom I am well pleased), “Boy, as you explore relationships with the opposite sex remember one thing and one thing only…if you don’t get it, then you won’t get it.”

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:53 PM

The battle is in the mushy middle, not at the hard edges.

The mushy middle doesn’t understand the Ayers issue because he’s still walking the streets trying to help “the kids”.

The mushy middle is angry about the financial issues, but doesn’t understand what caused it, so they will focus on Bush.

There are two things that are fairly simple which might hit home with them:

ACORN = voter fraud.

And

Obama’s vote record and position on abortion.

The ACORN stuff is kind of getting out, but is also somewhat complicated due to the overlapping connection with Fannie/Freddie. The sub-prime issues should be attacked via the Congressional connections, not ACORN.

The abortion message isn’t getting out.

A latina friend of mine was speaking about it with two co-workers the other day. Another latina and a young black male. They didn’t believe what she told him about Obama’s record, but it would have mattered to them if it were true. Mattered enough to change their vote? In one case, maybe, in the other, not likely. You guess which was which.

But, this is CA, so it isn’t like the campaign is actually happening here given the virtual impossibility of a McCain win.

I disagree with that though. I think a surprise 4 stop swing through the state would attract a lot of attention.

TheCulturalist on October 12, 2008 at 2:53 PM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Don’t I know it, Manly. No sisters and a slew of brothers, blessed(?) with all sons and no daughters, I have spent my entire life in the belly of the beast. Can’t even count the number of times I have plopped my butt into that icy porcelain throne in the middle of the night. You learn what you need to survive.

Here’s my theory:

IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Yah right AP, Sarah believing and practicing the pro-life issue just like McCain is a conspiracy that she is secretly a renegade?

What are you smoking?
What are you drinking?
Whatever your drug of choice is, please lay off of it til Nov. 4th.

Your posts are getting ridiculous, assuming you are not blogging out of Area 51.

What is it about goodness that sends you over the edge?

Sapwolf on October 12, 2008 at 3:11 PM

What is it about goodness that sends you over the edge?

Sapwolf on October 12, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Atheism = pessimism, therefore, everything good cannot be true, or is too good to be true, therefore it must be questioned, ridiculed and criticized before it has time to grow, because, then… pessimism would be proved wrong.

This is just from my experience with atheist friends, they are impossible to please and they refuse to be cheered up!!

Mcguyver on October 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM

She specifically wanted to talk about this in Johnstown

She did talk about it in Johnstown. I was there.

rightwingprof on October 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Sarah is dynamite.

I’m playing a LoreMaster in “Lord of the Rings Online”.

I just named my Bear companion “Sarah” after Palin.

I hope McCain wins so her goodness can be a light on the biased MSM.

Hey, if McCain wins and buys the farm, who would make a great Veep for Sarah?

I was thinking Fred Thompson.

Sapwolf on October 12, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Here’s a suggestion for McCain. Although Palin’s a big girl, the campaign really ought to fight off this gale force of accusations coming from Obama and his surrogates, starting with Lewis’s George Wallace crack. And in doing so, McCain ought to go to Michelle Malkin’s site and review the stuff on her site and call it for what it is–disgraceful.

If the middle of the country is set on electing Obama, they should get to know the core of Obama’s support. Many of the things she has posted make me want to puke. What have Palin and McCain done in this campaign and in their lives to merit that kind of hate?

BuckeyeSam on October 12, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Inspiring and to the point.

I don’t want my daughter to be punished with a baby

I don’t know how much more to the point of infanticide you can get.

Kini on October 12, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Ooooh… Cool mental picture forming…

Saracuda, Ronin. Sword-wielder, bringer of justice, bowing to no master. Wandering the countryside striking down the establishment, humbling the haughty. Moose and “progressives” trembling…

innominatus on October 12, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Dude, you just described one of the greatest contemporary Conservatives of TV ever, “Samurai Jack”.

Get out and buy the entire 4 seasons DVD’s or ask someone to get them for you for X-mas.

They should do a Sarah episode where Sarah’s character is a bow-wielding hunter hunting a criminal (looks like Trooper Wooten) who has befriended Jack (does not know they are a criminal). Sarah and Jack have a fight and Wooten gets away. But later, Jack sees her fire to get Wooten as the same as his fire to get Aku and he falls in love with her as they eventually hunt Wooten together and bring him to his demise. But, Jack and Sarah must go their separate ways: Jack to find a way back in time to defeat Aku, and Sarah back to her northern home of Alaskania where she must take care of her numerous children who miss her.

Damn, I should write for Cartoon Network.

OK. Now back to vacuuming the apartment.

Sapwolf on October 12, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Women have two X chromosomes. Men have one X and one Y. I suggest that there is no such thing as a Y chromosome; rather, the Y chromosome is simply a malformed or incomplete X chromosome, with a segment missing wherein one would expect to find all the genes and alleles that control civility, basic hygiene, and common sense. – IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Arrant, quasi-feminist, penis-enying bullsh!t.

Men and women are different and one is incomplete without the other. Those who criticize the Apostle Paul when he tells us that wives whould obey their husbands ignore what follows: that husbands should love their wives “as Christ loved the church.”

If Mel Gibson’s flick is any clue, that’s quite a love.

I am reminded of, and inspired by, the words of Gomez Addams as he gazed at his beloved Morticia while she slumbered: “I would kill for her. I would die for her. Either way…what bliss!”

But then, I’m a romantic sentimentalist at heart.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM

I wouldn’t call it “renegade”. Looks like red meat for the base and a reaching out to pro lifers regardless of political affiliations. And she’s using her own story to do it.

Hog Wild on October 12, 2008 at 3:35 PM

But then, I’m a romantic sentimentalist at heart.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM

It’s nice when you only remember the good things.

Sapwolf on October 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Arrant, quasi-feminist, penis-enying bullsh!t.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM

IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM

OOPS here’s the rest…

I’m not really a man-basher, Manly. White males are the most abused, ridiculed, and discriminated against entity in the country. It makes me sick, and it made my husband and I determined not to raise wimps who couldn’t stand up to it. I think we succeeded.

You and RushBaby are my kinda guys.

IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 3:46 PM

I have a sorta similar story, and I believe you’ve hit on why some people hate Palin so much. She’s not only a threat to their ideology, but by “walking the walk” she makes some of them feel very guilty, so they lash out. And by “some of them” I mean women who are not just pro-choice, but have actually had abortions. This may sound pretty harsh, but I think extreme PDS is a “tell” for someone who’s had an abortion(s) (with the apparent exception of Andrew Sullivan – there’s no explaining him).

forest on October 12, 2008 at 1:59 PM

RIGHT ON!

My sister told me that is what it is exactly. When I see/hear someone who is female and has PDS, the question is not IF but HOW MANY ABORTIONS they had.

Palin reminds them that they committed murder for convenience and they have not come to terms with the barbarity of the sin, or begin the process needed to heal themselves and ask God for forgiveness.

Remember, the Roe of “Roe vs. Wade” is now pro-life.

Sapwolf on October 12, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Me too. I used to pull that Gomez nimbling thing on my ex’s arm at strategic moments. As bad as our marriage was, she had the most wonderful arms/skin. I only remember the good things. I don’t even remember what it was she was mad at me about when she kicked me out in the snow at 12:30am. It’s nice when you only remember the good things. – Sapwolf on October 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM

John Astin’s Gomez was a grinning, mugging buffoon. Raoul Julia’s Gomez was much deeper, more nuanced…more psychotic – as was Angelica Huston’s Morticia.

What a perfect couple they made: hate and love, pleasure and pain, straight sex and BDSM…all the ingredients of the ideal marriage. *sigh* If only I could have found it.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 3:47 PM

LOL. Gotcha! (But you knew I was just pulling your chain.) Like I said, you learn what you need to survive, evil twin. – IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM

What? Oh…uh…yeah…heh heh heh…of course I knew. I knew it all the time. Yeah, that’s it…all the time.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 3:49 PM

I’m not really a man-basher, Manly.

If you were, you’d be posting at D-Kos.

You and RushBaby are my kinda guys.

And you are my kinda gal…depending, of course, on how you look in a full leather bodysuit.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 3:52 PM

I wish this sort of thing had happened weeks ago. Kudos to Sarah, she might just drag McCain’s carcass across the finish line. Here’s to hoping against hope it happens.

SAZMD on October 12, 2008 at 3:55 PM

how you look in a full leather bodysuit.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 3:52 PM

See for yourself.

Gotta run. Back in a few hours.

IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 3:57 PM

See for yourself.

Gotta run. Back in a few hours.

IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 3:57 PM

WHOA!

*falls off chair*

RushBaby on October 12, 2008 at 3:59 PM

OT here, but Grover Norquist is on Book TV, CPAN 2.

Very refreshing.

Would love to listen more, but I gotta get away from the indoor computer.

I’ll check back via my mobile internet devise.

Later…….

Mcguyver on October 12, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I clicked to enlarge, but .. I … can’t …. click ….. to ……. close!!!!!

Kini on October 12, 2008 at 4:06 PM

See for yourself. Gotta run. Back in a few hours. – IrishEi on October 12, 2008 at 3:57 PM

I understand you live in NJ. So do I, by a remarkable, cosmological, coincidence. I think we need to chat. Bull whips are optional, of course.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 4:07 PM

A solid issue that has received surprisingly little play this season, but given that the majority of the country would prefer that abortion remain legal, this is probably only going to be effective for people who are pro-life but leaning to Obama because of other issues. It seems like Palin really strengthens those already leaning to McCain but not bringing in much in the way of new votes. And given that some general voters do not know McCain is pro-life (maybe because he has always supported exceptions, I don’t know) that may not help overall. (In some contexts he usually talks about state’s rights or states deciding without saying he would support overturning Roe v. Wade, even though that is what it would take for states to decide).

okonkolo on October 12, 2008 at 4:08 PM

What this campaign really needs to do is have McCain put in a good debate performance on Wed Nite and then let Sarah and Todd run the show the rest of the way, and keep the GOP in the WH

ConservativePartyNow on October 12, 2008 at 4:10 PM

That is to say, has the ‘Cuda gone renegade?

Or is it maverick?

jgapinoy on October 12, 2008 at 4:13 PM

This is what Conservative Republicans have longed to hear for the last several years as the GOP leadership have lead the party around in circles.

A Republican leader who goes off-message and begins unashamedly hammering home conservative principles. Someone who can deliver a conservative message without apologizing or fretting about hurting someone’s feelings. Who understands what they believe and why they believe it and can articulate that in a speech. Who ignores the media and takes their case right to the American people.

Dare I say it? Someone like Ronald Reagan.

29Victor on October 12, 2008 at 4:57 PM

That is to say, has the ‘Cuda gone renegade?

Let’s hope so.

spmat on October 12, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Mcguyver on October 12, 2008 at 1:53 PM

My sentiments exactly! My husbat had her on and I promptly asked why? She and Will, Buckley, Parker, et. al. can collectively jump off a cliff! I hope her book flops!

Has anyone thought about the number of criminals Obama will let loose on the streets? I mean he and Ayers think that the yutes of America, if they are a minority, should NOT go to jail. I wonder how many IN jail he will want to free? We know what he want to do to our military in his first 100 days. Wonder what he will do with the criminals?

I do not care what Palin is doing as long as she is whipping Obama’s booty! I hope she goes back to Michigan and goes everywhere McCain tells her not to go. I hope she says what McCain tell her not to say and sticks it to him! It looks like she heard that we wanted the Cuda freed. She seemed to intimate that in her interview with Greta last week. She has said she puts the people first. Maybe McCain should have thought about that little fact before he asked her to be his VP!

BARRACUDA-“They are voracious predators and hunt using a classic example of lie-in-wait ambush. They rely on surprise and short bursts of speed to overrun their prey, sacrificing maneuverability.” LOL!

freeus on October 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM

“I believe that the truest measure of any society is how it treats those who are least able to defend and to speak for themselves…and who is more vulnerable or more innocent than a child?”

Sarah

Oh, wow, this is genius. She stole their rhetoric, and fixed it. The Obamian demagogues of the left talk like this about single women and seniors, as if they are retarded or enslaved, while aborting innocent babies or just shelfing them until they die of exposure.

Palin has it right. No mention of Niebuhr, and yet somehow it retains the tone of moral righteousness. Huh.

Jaibones on October 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Jaibones on October 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM

She has become the sword of division – the good from the evil.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Dare I say it? Someone like Ronald Reagan.

29Victor on October 12, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Please, Dare to say it.

Common sense talk is long over due.

Kini on October 12, 2008 at 5:33 PM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Well I can’t get The Girl do either. She doesn’t suffer fools gladly in humans or college faculty. If she ever gets married I know that he will love her, you don’t take that kind of crap on purpose. And the youngest boy is an aspiring rock star. It’s sometimes so depressing.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2008 at 6:07 PM

has the ‘Cuda gone renegade?

Not possible, really.
Renegade implies a breach of allegiance.
John The Maverick is Essentially a man who holds contempt for mere fidelity.
Right back at ya Johnnie.

Stephen M on October 12, 2008 at 6:07 PM

The following comment is rated @ 3.6 on the Richter scale of seriousness, nuance, derision, criticism, ad hominem and scathing sarcasm.

Thanks freeus for the BARRACUDA- definition.

That made my day!!

That explains the reason why the Pretzel Noodle is so afraid of her.

This also explains why Sarah finds it challenging to maneuver in needling gotcha interviews as compared to Pretzel Noodle who epitomizes the indefinable with all her (or he?!) nuanced meaning puzzles.

Sarah on the other hand doesn’t focus on the little battles. She focuses on WINNING in the long haul, period!!

This also explains why the Pretzel Noodle can write a book on how we need to make politics graceful and more interesting to the masses and then turn right around and allow for animalism in politics and rail against Sarah for making politics interestingly popular.

Sarah understands that to win movements in representative politics, one needs to win the popular opinion.

(My apologies again to Jerry Seinfeld for almost being knocked off staged from the top rated TV show status)

Pretzel Noodle on the other hand, only cares about sounding wise enough to pay for her (or his) mortgage with pay-per-view words.

Enough said.

Mcguyver on October 12, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Palin is awesome when she speaks of matters dear to her heart.

Maxx on October 12, 2008 at 6:23 PM

The dirty little secret here is that abortion actually eliminates more potential liberals than conservatives from birth, (that shouldn’t be a newsflash).

The other dirty little secret:

Without the 30+ million abortions since Rove v. Wade would we have created the vacuum to pull in 20+ million illegal aliens?

Think about it.

Now more than ever: McCain/Palin ’08

ex-Democrat on October 12, 2008 at 6:32 PM

I don’t think she has gone renegade…she is not positioning herself for 2012 unless McCain chooses not to run for a second term.

Allah what should be more than obvious to you by now is that Sarah Palin has a lot of integrity…maybe if you could point to even just one incident where she did something against a Republican that wasn’t to stop a wrong or that she did for personal gain I might understand your question…but nothing nothing in her political career shows that is capable of doing what you suggest…

CCRWM on October 12, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Heh, I have relatives in Johnstown and they are bcc:d on all my link filled exposes of The One. I trust they migrate further from there throughout PA. No stupid stuff, just the real source material and YouTube links.

rhodeymark on October 12, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Beautiful speech. This is the best she’s looked and sounded since the convention.

mikeyboss on October 12, 2008 at 7:42 PM

has the ‘Cuda gone renegade?

Both Sarah and McCain have used the mavericky “We are all God’s children” line for mavericky things.

Maverick – uses it to advocate open borders/Shamnesty, etc..

Palin – so far is using it to advocate pro-life.

When/if Palin uses that line to back McCain on open borders/Shamnesty, not everyone here will like it as much.

I love the fact that she is using it for the right reasons. And since the MM or debates mods won’t call him out on any controversial issues that may not be in his favor, someone has to do it.

nottakingsides on October 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Few people remember these days that the original feminists where extremely anti-abortion, they considered it the ultimate exploitation of women and of their dignity. It was two male doctors that eventually convinced the movement that women could not be totally emancipated unless they got rid of the burden of their fertility. Since then the feminist movement has tried to convince woment that to be equal they have to give up their femininity as well.
This is why modern feminist are consumed by an rabid and irrational hatred of Palin, her life example denounces so clearly the errors and hypocrisy of modern feminism.
She upholds the dignity of women while being extremely successful in what feminist consider a man’s world, without giving up her femininity, exalting motherhood and demonstrating that women are the primary “humanizers” and defenders of the sanctity of life, because God has blessed them with special gifts unique to womanhood.

neuquenguy on October 12, 2008 at 9:21 PM

has the ‘Cuda gone renegade?

I sure hope so. It seems to me that McCain wouldn’t mind losing the election. I hope she goes nuclear on Obama. If they; McCain/Palin, lose the election, her actions and words will put her in a great position for 2012.

cjs1943 on October 12, 2008 at 9:28 PM

That is to say, has the ‘Cuda gone renegade maverick?

You bet’cha

VolMagic on October 12, 2008 at 9:36 PM

looks like “she with no future” is getting out there on the topic that keeps on giving to the right wing wingnut politicians, but gives nothing at all to the right wing wingnut voters.

Monkei on October 12, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Hey, if McCain wins and buys the farm, who would make a great Veep for Sarah?

I was thinking Fred Thompson.

Sapwolf on October 12, 2008 at 3:22 PM

I agree 150%. Why all the invectives about Sarah? They are TERRIFIED that moral principles and good family values are making a come-back. And that frightens the left beyond belief.

Just ask Hollywood elitists.

MsUnderestimated on October 12, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Allah, it must be awful being you.

So basically, you cringe when a Party candidate talks in public about a value that is part of their official Party position? Do we always have to tiptoe around issues in fear of offending someone so that they won’t vote for us?

Sometimes, just sometimes, a political race should actually be about the issues and positions. I copy this from the GOP 2008 Platform.

Maintaining The Sanctity and Dignity of Human Life
Faithful to the first guarantee of the Declaration of Independence, we assert the inherent dignity and sanctity of all human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution, and we endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children. We oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion and will not fund organizations which advocate it. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity and dignity of innocent human life.

We have made progress. The Supreme Court has upheld prohibitions against the barbaric practice of partial-birth abortion. States are now permitted to extend health-care coverage to children before birth. And the Born Alive Infants Protection Act has become law; this law ensures that infants who are born alive during an abortion receive all treatment and care that is provided to all newborn infants and are not neglected and left to die. We must protect girls from exploitation and statutory rape through a parental notification requirement. We all have a moral obligation to assist, not to penalize, women struggling with the challenges of an unplanned pregnancy. At its core, abortion is a fundamental assault on the sanctity of innocent human life. Women deserve better than abortion. Every effort should be made to work with women considering abortion to enable and empower them to choose life. We salute those who provide them alternatives, including pregnancy care centers, and we take pride in the tremendous increase in adoptions that has followed Republican legislative initiatives.

Respect for life requires efforts to include persons with disabilities in education, employment, the justice system, and civic participation. In keeping with that commitment, we oppose the non-consensual withholding of care or treatment from people with disabilities, as well as the elderly and infirm, just as we oppose euthanasia and assisted suicide, which endanger especially those on the margins of society. Because government should set a positive standard in hiring and contracting for the services of persons with disabilities, we need to update the statutory authority for the AbilityOne program, the main avenue by which those productive members of our society can offer high quality services at the best possible value.

Mr_Magoo on October 12, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Sarah Palin really is so good at this. McCain made a big mistake not unleashing her from day one.

t.ferg on October 13, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Allah Pundit, in love with his own crazy theories.

That Times of London article you linked to is one of the most transparent articles I’ve ever read. It’sc lear that they are shaming Mccain into dropping character assaults to protect Obama because they are terrified of public learning all his stuff. They are sliming Palin in the process. DOn’t fall for it.

promachus on October 13, 2008 at 1:17 AM

I have the full video on my site. It was a GREAT speech by Palin. She made her case for life with dignity, compassion and everything that liberals say they are but have no proof to back it up.

Amy Proctor on October 13, 2008 at 3:56 AM

IR-MN on October 12, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Seriously? I’m from Duluth and it would warm my shriveled conservative black heart to at least see Duluth go red. Dare I dream it??

Renwaa on October 13, 2008 at 6:13 AM

The biggest lie in humanity today is:

Abortion is between a woman and her God.
When in reality we all have culpability, when we vote to promote it, are apathetic to its existence, perform or assist in abortion.

VTWaldrup on October 13, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Hey, if McCain wins and buys the farm, who would make a great Veep for Sarah?

Bobby Jindal! Then we’d have two fighters leading the country who are boldly unafraid to clean house!

ErinF on October 13, 2008 at 12:13 PM

The name of this game is change the subject. Ever notice whenever Palin gets cornered with some bad news, a la abuse of power, her maternal instinct kicks in and she grabs for Trig as in “Did I mention what a heroic mother I am…”.

Palin will be the Huckster of ’12. Her supporters will give the primary leader heartburn, but I predict they’ll be no second act to this opera.

All’s not lost though. The communications major will be blonde by then and ready for her own show on Fox.

sanguine4 on October 13, 2008 at 12:39 PM

sanguine4 on October 13, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Snide, snarky, snotty little troll, ain’t yew?

ManlyRash on October 13, 2008 at 12:58 PM

And whenever someone mentions that Obama is every terrorist’s best hope, his people just have to call you a “Racist!”. Puh-leeeeeze!

ErinF on October 13, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Hey, if she is doing this “renegade,” I say I want more Renegade ‘Cuda!

mwdiver on October 13, 2008 at 4:51 PM

KIDS ONLINE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION ALERT:
The Nickelodeon Channel is extremely liberal, and right now they’re running their “kids pick the president” online election for kids to “have their say”. Anyone can vote. Anybody here interested in throwing this toward McCain/Palin, feel free:

(The last two presidential elections, they did this, and of course Gore and Kerry both won in landslides.)

ErinF on October 13, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Why not hit him with his citizenship issue. Check out http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/this_could_be_the_game_changer.html

Check out the video in the article…

stacman on October 13, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Here is the link to the response to the Branchflower report by Sarah’s attorneys:

Note that her lawyers really sock it to him and conclude that Branchflower and French abused their power and the Ethics Act.

Sapwolf on October 13, 2008 at 9:41 PM