McCain booed after telling crowd to be respectful to Obama

posted at 8:25 pm on October 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

The gloves are off on.

But then something weird happens: He acknowledges the “energy” people have been showing at rallies, and how glad he is that people are excited. But, he says, “I respect Sen. Obama and his accomplishments.” People booed at the mention of his name. McCain, visibly angry, stopped them: “I want EVERYONE to be respectful, and lets make sure we are.”…

And then later, again, someone dangled a great big piece of low-hanging fruit in front of McCain: “I’m scared to bring up my child in a world where Barack Obama is president.”

McCain replies, “Well, I don’t want him to be president, either. I wouldn’t be running if I did. But,” and he pauses for emphasis, “you don’t have to be scared to have him be President of the United States.” A round of boos…

UPDATE: Indeed, he just snatched the microphone out the hands of a woman who began her question with, “I’m scared of Barack Obama… he’s an Arab terrorist…”

“No, no ma’am,” he interrupted. “He’s a decent family man with whom I happen to have some disagreements.”

He did the right thing, needless to say, but I’m not sure how this squares with Palin telling people at fundraisers how many supporters are urging her to take the gloves off. It all goes back to this morning’s post: McCain wants to win the election but doesn’t seem to have the stomach to get truly nasty, so he compromises by bringing up Ayers but not pressing the issue too much. Gotta commit one way or another, champ. As it is, it’s a sad, strange situation to have one candidate forced to stick up for the other candidate in front of his own audience.

Now that he’s defended Obama, I think it gives The One cover to call him out on it at the debate on Wednesday in the guise of, “John, I appreciate you trying to set the record straight on my behalf, but this climate you’ve created…” etc etc. In the meantime, here’s the only video I’ve been able to find thus far. Shuster aired the footage where the woman in the audience calls Obama an Arab a few minutes ago, and McCain really did almost yank the mike out of her hand before she could get going and make it worse. It’s not up on MSNBC’s website yet, but if I see it somewhere, I’ll update. Click the image to watch.

Update: Here’s the CNN video via TPM. Best I can do on short notice.

Update: Depending on how much press coverage this incident gets this weekend, I wonder if he won’t decide to abandon the Ayers stuff altogether.

Update: Cox’s transcript is wrong, incidentally. The questioner doesn’t call Obama a terrorist.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

Made the point last night…WHAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

If fear that McCain AGREES with the One and is showing his true “Maverick” style-

Screwing over his own party….or, at least their supporters.

Ask Cindy for some money, go downtown and buy some balls, John.

I’m pissed, beyond angry at what is happening to our country. We are the BEST. We need to start acting like it.

HornetSting on October 11, 2008 at 2:37 PM

I will have to send McCain a letter once he is back in the Senate.

The letter will compliment him on his exquisite courtesy to his opponent during the past election.

It seems to mean so much more to him than, say, ACTUALLY BECOMING PRESIDENT.
__________

RJGatorEsq. on October 11, 2008 at 2:39 PM

I will have to send McCain a letter once he is back in the Senate.

It seems to mean so much more to him than, say, ACTUALLY BECOMING PRESIDENT.
__________

RJGatorEsq. on October 11, 2008 at 2:39 PM

I believe he should write two letters-

One flipping the ticket so Palin is running for president.
One giving his resignation.

HornetSting on October 11, 2008 at 2:42 PM

This war election is lost.

For all the faults and failings of John McCain, none was greater than his support for the bailout bill which most Americans opposed and IS NOT WORKING. He missed his opportunity to put his country first. He missed his opportunity to distinguish himself from Obama, Congress and GWB. And as a result, he has missed his opportunity to become our President.

Time to redeploy and prepare the next generation of true conservatives to take our country back in 2012. By then, things will be so bad, there will be a real hunger in the land for a new conservative direction.

CliffHanger on October 11, 2008 at 2:51 PM

This is why sentors should not run for presdent .You always hear them say my good friend this my good friend that.They are detached from the real world.(God help us)

thmcbb on October 11, 2008 at 2:53 PM

CliffHanger on October 11, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I almost choked when he said at the last debate…”I will fight pork, I will not sign any bills laden with pork” a week after he voted for the bailout bill.

No he won’t sign them, but he will vote for them.

HornetSting on October 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM

I agree John is being too easy and to his own demise. Ya gotta grow a set there Johnny boy or we all sit and watch O-bomb-a rake in the numbers on election night in our living rooms.

johnnyU on October 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM

The more time goes on, the more McCain reminds me of John Kerry. He married money, not making it himself, and is more concerned with not offending Democrats, than energizing the Conservative base enough to win this thing. He is only a maverick and a tough guy behind the scenes or in the cloak room when arguing for a “comprehensive solution” to the illegal invasion, and not on the campaign trail when it really counts, and when winning means his democrat buddies lose. I am sure if he had this all to do over, he would rather have stayed the favorite son of the New York Times, and not have run in this campaign.
If he doesn’t have what it takes to fight the fight, it’s time for him to reach across the isle and stay there.

kflynn on October 11, 2008 at 3:01 PM

Don’t want to believe it’s so, but McCain is as deluded as the rest of the ruling class. Any system as resilient as ours can take a lot of abuse. Human nature gravitates toward greater risk, because there’s no way it can crash, right?

The people of this country can withstand a rough ride, provided they’re not saddled with Bush III. Leadership McCain, Leadership! Call Obama on the truth. Scr*w bi-partisanship; the bi-partisan loons are insane.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant. The Obamazombies will wail in agony. Let ‘em!

PULL BACK THE SHADES AND LET THE SUN SHINE IN!!!

Feedie on October 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Kflynn,

Well said. It makes me sick that this is what we have been reduced to. We are at a crossroads in our country’s future and we have the TWO worst choices for president. I hate both of them. I believe I hate Obama more. Hate is a strong word, but that is what I feel. Neither one of these men deserve to be the leader of the free world.
McCain hates conservatives. We KNOW this, he has demonstrated this too many times to deny it. He will not allow the angry, unrepresented conservatives to ruin his chances of putting it to them by winning the presidency under the “R”. He does not share our conservative values. He wants to win the war. That is all he has going for him with conservatives. He also will not allow the angry, unrepresented conservatives to ruin his relationship with his true friends, the democrats. He will not allow conservatives to insult his friends.

I will vote for McCain, probably half soused and with a large clothespin on my nose.
He will only get my vote because he is 72 years old and he chose Sarah Palin as his VP.

HornetSting on October 11, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Did you just hear on Fox what Congressman Lewis, an Obama supporter, say that McCain and Palin are stoking “racial hatred”?

So, if we don’t like Obama and we are angry….we are:

Oh yeah, Racist!

I guess I will sew my scarlet R on my lapel, below my American flag pin.

HornetSting on October 11, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Someone want to tell McCain that we would be electing him to be a president, not a goodwill ambassador.

For God sakes, run like you want to win the damn thing.

If McCain miracouly wins this, it won’t be because of his campaigning, it will be because more people distrust Obama.

Pcoop on October 11, 2008 at 3:23 PM

I knew we were in trouble during the primaries when he couldn’t win a state that was closed to Republican voters.
I’m afraid if it were not for McShame we would not know of Gov. Palin, my only hope is the country isn’t completely controlled by the left come next election and the Gov. can make the much needed changes. It would be a shame to miss out on such potentially powerful force as the Gov.

oldernslower on October 11, 2008 at 3:31 PM

McShame sounds like Condi talking to any terrorist organization or government like the N.Koreans or Middle Eastern terrorists…birds of a feather.

oldernslower on October 11, 2008 at 3:35 PM

“I will name names, I will hold them accountable, make them famous, fight, fight, fight!” John McCain accepting the REPUBLICAN Party nomination

Hey John, we keep tryin to fight and you keep kickin us in the back! We feel like a one legged man in an ass kickin contest because you keep tying up the other leg.

Who you tryin to make famous 0Bama?

I think I will paint over McCain on my McCain/Palin sign after all it was his good friends the Dems that won him the primary now we have two Dems runnin for POTUS.

The only thing that makes sense is he is willing to piss off his base to pander to the Hillary voters but even she realized too late she had to fight and not be cowed by racists rants. Maybe he will win and a lot of us will be suprised.

dhunter on October 11, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Did any of you happen to see that Greg guy on FOX this afternoon when he had Tucker, (whoever) from the McCain campaign on? he showed how the FOX polls determined that America thinks McCain is running a nasty negative campaign, and then he proceded to hammer this Tucker guy on why they aren’t being “nicer”. (Then my head exploded) He went on and on, saying “There you go again being negative” So the spokesman tried to explain that it was McCain’s obligation to tell the truth, and since NO ONE else, (MSM) was ever going to do it, they HAD to. This Greg guy just kept on with, “Well, you’re blowing it”.

It was enough to make you puke. Why is America so damn lame? Now there’s that congressman, Lewis, who’s pouring racial gasoline on this whole thing and undoubtably McCain will take the beating for it. I am so angry. This entire campaign has brough Racism out in America and we only have Obama and Co to thank for it.

anniekc on October 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM

A lot of folks who weren’t racist before this election are gonna be after it.

Wait till Barry comes after your paycheck for slave reperations!
Oh yea, already started that with freddie and Fannie!

dhunter on October 11, 2008 at 4:49 PM

anniekc on October 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM

It might be helpful to familiarize yourself with the “fundamentals” of John McCain’s campaign. I believe you were referring to Campaign spokesperson Tucker Bounds.

OK, he is not a terrorist… He is a GD terrorist sympathizing commie who will do more harm to this country than any ONE terrorist! That IDIOT should pull that club out of the back and whoop Barry about the head and shoulders with it every chance he gets!

rgranger on October 10, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Why give the liberal media and Dems any ammo? You are acting like a toothless-mouthbreather.

The Race Card on October 11, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Hornet/right4life,
I thank you ,your predictable comments have just won me £20.
Others would not believe how pathetic some American’s have become.

No i don’t pal around with terrorists.However i have been a victim of terrorism.It was funded and politically supported by the great U.S..

Donating to the ’cause’,allowing fundraising,giving visa’s to known terrorists against our governments wishes,refusing to extradite wanted I.R.A thugs.

Drinks called,’kill a brit’ and ‘car bomb’ available in bars.Naming streets after Gerry Adams.Boat’s full of semtex and weapons left your shore for mine,which found its way to be planted in a shopping centre the day before mothers day,i was injured 2 children died.

It is only terrorism when Americans die? The inability to discuss a different view from another country with the venom you have towards me and my comments make me realise the ‘ugly american’ is not a stero-type.

That is why you have no allies,to believe that is a good thing would condemn your soldiers to death,no country would want to support the U.S if people like you two have no understanding and respect for others.

I will send your lovely comments to my friend who lost her son in Iraq last year,to appreciate what ‘shoulder to shoulder’means.

mags on October 11, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Others would not believe how pathetic some American’s have become.

we totally believe how predictable, lame, and limp the british are.

*smirk* do you wackos have ANY original lines? I’m sorry we wasted our time saving your wretched little island from Hitler.

seen any good soccer games lately, with the ‘enlightened’ british fans??? hmmmm?

oh we understand trash like you all too well…

right4life on October 11, 2008 at 5:27 PM

oh and don’t go blaming us for your own problems with the irish. but then your country hasn’t had the guts to confront your own problems for decades…

right4life on October 11, 2008 at 5:29 PM

On the bright side, if Obama wins, at least we will be able to blame every natural disaster on him.

Speedwagon82 on October 11, 2008 at 5:30 PM

McCain doesn’t understand the anger of his supporters.

It’s very simple, Senator.

We have more to lose than you.

bloviator on October 11, 2008 at 5:35 PM

mags on October 11, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Mags–we really don’t care much what you think.

We are conservatives. We are used to being insulted by whiny little pantywaists.

Go insult a liberal. They really care what you think of them.
__________

RJGatorEsq. on October 11, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Hillary supporters fight for Mccain better than McCain fights for McCain.

If there is all this support for 0bomber how can McCain be doing so poorly while getting so many Democrats.

Corrupt media? Corrupt chicago politician?

dhunter on October 11, 2008 at 6:15 PM

McCain booed after telling crowd to be respectful to Obama

the senator and his aides don’t understand that folks are upset with the socialist/communist/nutroot/left_wing trend in the country. we want it stopped … like … yesterday.

there are a lot of us that actually read the magna charta, declaration of independence, constitution, and other relevant documents and strongly desire to return to the original intent.

there are a lot of us that know campaigning on “reform” is a bunch of crap.

there are a lot of us that want the culprits behind the financial mess hanging from a yard arm …

maybe, just maybe, they will receive a hint or glimmer of understanding … 10 minutes after election day and “The Messiah” assumes the throne.

AZ_Redneck on October 11, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Hillary supporters fight for Mccain better than McCain fights for McCain.

dhunter on October 11, 2008 at 6:15 PM

because mccain doesn’t want to win … while palin does …

AZ_Redneck on October 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Seriously everyone, what I’m seeing in this video and reading in many of these posts isn’t simply a disagreement with or even simple disdain for Obama’s policies and views but it’s an outright hatred. Not a racial hared in the vast majority of cases despite what those on the other side who hate our views would like to think but a partisan hate and it is simply too much.

Yakko, would it have been right in the 1930s to “hate” Adolph Hitler?

Some of us see Obama as the closest thing to a real live Fascist runing on a major party ticket in the entire history of American politics.

He is the polar opposite of a libertarian. He is a complete and utter totalitarian in every sense of the word. One of his Senate colleges in Illinois Sen. Rauschenberg (R) said of Obama in 2005 at the Libertarian Party State Convention:

“Nice guy, but he’s got a voting record to the Left of Mao Tse Tung.”

I’d say “hate” is too polite a word for how some of us feel about Barack Hussein Obama.

ericdondero on October 11, 2008 at 8:01 PM

When is the press going to cover Obama NOT telling his tools to cut back on seeing racism in every criticism?

yeah I know :/

aikidoka on October 11, 2008 at 8:19 PM

That’s the best part of a down economy with little extra to play with- Madison Ave and Hollywood are going to suffer; Ad revenues for the MSM will suck. too bad for them, huh?

anniekc on October 11, 2008 at 10:36 PM

What amazes me is that the rank and file Dhimmicrats are supporting Obama knowing full well he’s a socialist. You mean to tell me the guys at the union hall are behind him???

Mojave Mark on October 11, 2008 at 11:23 PM

right4life(but only an american life),
You are hilarious.You have just won me another £20.My 80 year old father-in-law who lost 2 brothers in ww2 wouldn’t believe that the country they fought and died with would be
so arrogant.

America didn’t declare on Hitler,you sat it out,until it affected you.
We had won the battle of britian before you ‘saved us’.It is only recently that the war debt has been
paid.That is not saving.

You profited from the war.He has asked me to tell you that the real hero’s are the one’s that didn’t come home from all around the world.

We did have the gut’s to deal with the terrorist threat.
However it made it hard becaause our closest allie supported the same terrorists.

Year after year without conditions your country and politicans welcomed I.R.A members to the White house for a sing-a-long.

Martin McGuiness self confessed I.R.A commander been in prison for carrying explosives.
Gerry kelly-blew up the old baily and scotland yard killing 2.Escaped from prison killing two officers.

Gerry Adams,has recently said he has resigned from the 7 man I.R.A army council who oversaw operation’s.
Following the bombing of a church service on remembrance sunday for the war dead,mostly old soldiers with medals,he apologised and would look into it.

Following the I.R.A bombing of a fish shop killing 10 including children,no military,the bomb went off early and killed the bomber,Gerry Adams carried his coffin.

Where you with us or with the terrorists? The real I.R.A was only put on the terrorist list after 9/11.

Our intelligence agencies had evidence their counterparts in the U.S were given the I.R.A classified information.

So there is no difference from terrorists and those who harbour them or support them.We should of bombed Boston.

I cried on september 11TH as did many in my country,even the french said’we are all american’s’.

We supported you in Afghanistan and our solidiers are dying in Iraq,but still no-one here wants to hear from let alone talk to a british allie.

Your empire is on a decline,you have no moral standing.Isolated and powerless.You have become the laughing stock of the world and because of this other countries are building allegiance’s.You time is up.

mags on October 12, 2008 at 8:00 AM

Mojave Mark on October 11, 2008 at 11:23 PM

It’s absolutely stunning.

marklmail on October 12, 2008 at 9:56 AM

mags on October 12, 2008 at 8:00 AM

Of course you are 100% correct. I was born in Pennsylvania 61 years ago, and after reading you, in addition to seeing America elect a terrorist as President, I now understand that this is not my Country anymore.

jay12 on October 12, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Does McCain not understand what the consequences would be for this country should comrade Obama get elected with a dim-controlled Congress?

Is it too late to get this idiot off the republican ticket?

Dave R. on October 12, 2008 at 10:24 AM

She said he is “an Arab”. That’s the problem with that crap, it may be true, but it’s utterly beside the point. He’s an economic ignoramus, a hard leftist, a pansy, and a liar.

He’s got the same judgement as your average DU commenter, and the same level of accomplishment as your average Chicago alderman.

He should be fixing parking tickets in Hyde Park, not running for President.

Jaibones on October 12, 2008 at 10:24 AM

mags on October 11, 2008 at 5:13 PM

You butt-sniffing Brit pansy. You’re own countrymen spend oall their free time looking for fun new ways to blow you up, and every country you ever layed boots on whipped you to start their own new systems.

You worship a queen, and most of your men cross-dress like her. Irishmen blow you up, my Scot friend here in Chicago spits out the word “English” and says Scots despise you all.

The Indians threw you out, we kicked your ass and threw you out. You’re overrun by Muslims who want to slit your throats, and you’re despised throughout the Mediterranian as by far the worst guests of any tourists in the world.

“Ugly American”?! Go ask someone in Spain, the Caribbean, Italy or Greece, and you’ll be regaled with stories about drunken, puking, loud, brawling nitwits buggering each other on the beach.

You’re in denial. There remains – and I know this hurts a lot – no place on earth that emigrants would rather go than the U.S. Sorry, wanker.

Jaibones on October 12, 2008 at 10:35 AM

mags on October 12, 2008 at 8:00 AM

You wanker.

The brits terrorized the Irish and denied them independence from your theocratic monarchy. Americans cast off your archaic policies of ruling by who got inseminated by whom.

You git.

csdeven on October 12, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Jaibones on October 12, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Where does all this British ignorance come from?

British football.

Wankers, the lot.

csdeven on October 12, 2008 at 10:47 AM

so arrogant.

I may be hilarious, but you’re a moron. arrogant? the US, which died for pieces of trash like you? the hubris. you sound like a typical british piece of trash on the dole…better grow a beard, and pray your toilet isn’t facing mecca! I’ll be glad to see your wretched little island become a muslim republic..scum like you deserve it.

We had won the battle of britian before you ’saved us’.It is only recently that the war debt has been
paid.That is not saving.

you were losing in Africa, and the south pacific, it was only a matter of time. try history 101. and we won’t save you from your new muslim masters!!! *smirk*

and britain didn’t?? please this is laughable.

We did have the gut’s to deal with the terrorist threat.

and if it wasn’t for the US talking to those ‘terrorists’ then they would still be bombing you. you can thank the US for ending the IRA war of terror. but you have to ask yourself why they were doing it? its because they hate you british scum, and they have hated you for millenia…long before the US was around, and you whiney british POSs could blame us for anything, you were HATED by the irish, the Scots, and everyone else. because you are pompous self-righteous arrogant scum. you desesrved to lose your empire, and be the slimy backwater you are now…and you deserve your muslim future!!!

oh I wish you would have…but you limey scum don’t have the guts to defend yourself, much less attack us again…all you can do is bend over, as you are for islam.

our time ‘may be up’ but your time is long past…hahahahahhahah

right4life on October 12, 2008 at 11:23 AM

oh and lets review the british ‘help’ in iraq…they took over Basra, and quickly as possible, gave it to the terrorists, retreated to their compound, and hoped the terrorists would be nice to them…just like those british who were captured by the iranians…didn’t fire a shot…surrendered as quickly as possible, and prayed their new muslim masters would be merciful!!

the americans did the hard work in iraq, just as we’re doing in afghanistan, as we did in WWII. we beat the insurgency in iraq, with no help from the british. we drove the taliban from power, with no help from the british…

you’re a useless little git, aren’t ya mate??

right4life on October 12, 2008 at 11:35 AM

My god i thought people like you were only in fiction books.It is all making sense now,i see you and your regime are in their last throes.

I won’t humiliate you anymore about northern Ireland because you are way out of your depth and making a fool of yourselves.You will be talking about leprachauns next.

Just for detail i am irish,living in Liverpool ,a mother of two.

I have respected U.S troops and not mocked your loses or actions unfortunatley all you seem to know is attack and aggression.

I am so disappointed to see what has happened to your nation if you represent their beliefs.The lack of insight and knowledge is astounding.

mags on October 12, 2008 at 1:10 PM

mags on October 12, 2008 at 1:10 PM

first you’re british, now you’re irish…next you’ll be russian!!

I think you need to get back on your meds, and take the tin-foil off. the only person who has humiliated themselves here is you.

Just think, Britain was the nation of Wilberforce, Churchhill, and CS Lewis. now you are a nation of whiney losers. your ancestors are spinning in their graves, if they knew what britain would become, they wouldn’t have bothered. If it wasn’t for the US, you would either be NAZI, or Soviet. and to be lectured by a pompous twit like you is laughable.

hope you like your new burkha wardrobe!

right4life on October 12, 2008 at 1:35 PM

oh yeah just to prove what a lying piece of trash you are.

whatever you are its sick and disgusting.

right4life on October 12, 2008 at 1:40 PM

oh yeah calling us terrorists is respectful

you’re a typical left-wing wacko. post some more, I enjoy making you look like the moron you are.

right4life on October 12, 2008 at 1:45 PM

I understand why he’s doing this, but I disagree with the point that Barry is a “decent man”. Decent men do not support the likes of Odinga, etc, (at least 5 more race-baiting, anti-American crooks).
The other point is, if McCain stays above the fray by making calling BO decent, that does not mean that The One will be decent.
All we can do is pray…

Christine on October 12, 2008 at 2:44 PM

mags on October 12, 2008 at 1:10 PM

This is what you get when you stick your nose where it doesn’t belong. Just as you got angry and “won” money when you insulted our great nation and our countrymen, you got a nasty little remark in response. What did you expect? Did you want us to bend over and take it like your fellow British do? No. We Americans defend our country. We may fight and squabble amongst ourselves, but when someone disses our country, we fight back.

We don’t need other countries to like us. We can just take our financial aid and go home. You can fight the wars, feed the starving, help the victims of terrorism and natural disasters, defend your own borders. We’ll just sit back and watch with our mountains of money as we no longer help those who hate us.
Now….to answer you back….

Yeah, in fiction books, where you find the British actually winning a war. You would be goose-stepping, speaking German, and eating struedel instead of kidney stew if it wasn’t for the USA. (Hope this gets you 20 more pounds…it can keep your dole company).
Your country is dying, becoming an Islamic state. Welcome to Londonstan, hope you enjoy your stay. Just watch out for the bombs.
I hope we don’t have to bail you British/Irish out again. Especially you and yours.
Good day, you git.

HornetSting on October 12, 2008 at 6:32 PM

McCain is driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave R. on October 12, 2008 at 8:39 PM

I didn’t see anything wrong with mcCain correcting some half-wit woman who drunkenly said,”I don’t trust Obama…he’s an Arab”. or toning down a rally where some guy said kill Obama. They were probably democrat plants, and if they weren’t, it was going to be a bad clip for the evening news.

I still expect the McCain campaign will go after Barak with everything they’ve got….or at least I hope so.

Goodeye_Closed on October 13, 2008 at 8:28 AM

We’re ALL “mavericks” now, Grandpa. And when it comes to scum like Obama, we’ll boo until our throats are sore.

Spanglemaker on October 13, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Glad Sen. McCain took the high road and set the record straight. I’m also fine with the crowd booing the suggestion.

BarryO’s not a terrorist as far as I know. I believe he is a terrorist sympathizer, citing associations with people like Ayers and his initial willingness to meet with Iran unconditionally.

I view Obama as being far worse than a 2 bit thief because of his grand wealth redistribution plans. When you take money from one person who earned it under threat of force and give it to someone who didn’t earn it (which is all Obama wants to do more of), it’s stealing. Going forward, I’d like to see “right” minded people put it in those terms.

This politically correct nonsense needs to stop now.

EconomicNeocon on October 13, 2008 at 11:50 AM

McCain should just withdraw his candidacy and get Sarah Palin to run for president. That would energize the base. Come on McCain campaign, since it is obvious you wanted to give up by singing praises to Obama. I have the feeling you think you have lost and so you wanted to suck it up to Obama so you will be fine when he gets to be president.

mariloubaker on October 13, 2008 at 4:39 PM