Betty White on Palin: “That is one crazy b*tch”

posted at 4:00 pm on October 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

She’s a “lifelong Democrat,” according to Wikipedia, and famously an advocate of animals’ rights, which means she’s naturally ill disposed to America’s favorite moose hunter. Even so, it’s hard to get worked up about this for the same reason it’s hard to get too worked up about Madonna: There’s nothing so charming as an old lady cursing.

Watch this and you’ll see what I mean. (Content warning.) Exit fun fact about the big A: I’ve seen every episode of “The Golden Girls.” Dude.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Okay, the shooting line was funny. And I thought she was going to say (about Obama) “That’s one hot Negro!”

baldilocks on October 10, 2008 at 4:49 PM

(sigh, shaking head) Dude.

Speakin’ of dudes, where’s Bea Arthur these days? Haha.

CP on October 10, 2008 at 4:51 PM

No worries. She was Spay at a very young age.

PappaMac on October 10, 2008 at 4:57 PM

They were afraid of overhearing the betting on who’s next.

Vashta.Nerada on October 10, 2008 at 4:22 PM

LOL

if she can use that word to describe Gov. Palin and get away with it, could I use a word that begins with “n” to describe Obama?

Oh of course, that would be “racist”

leetpriest on October 10, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Certainly you could. And why do you require aa pretext?

baldilocks on October 10, 2008 at 4:57 PM

White is a Chicago democrat. Do you know how bad a democrat has to be for a Chicago democrat to NOT vote for you?

Neither do I. I don’t think it’s ever happened.

john1schn on October 10, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Is it just me or was that entire segment scripted? It literally sounded like Rose from The Golden Girls, and I’m not ashamed to admit that show is hilarious.

TheCurrent on October 10, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Darn, another celebrity disagrees with my favored candidate! I really should start reconsidering just why I vote Republican or, better yet, why I even consider myself a conservative.

/sarc

In reality, the more often I see wealthy entertainment-types (ball players, actors, comedians, rappers, clothing and gear models) clasp their fists to their cheeks, roll their eyes back, and shiver at the thought of a republican taking office, the better I sleep at night.

freedom_nut on October 10, 2008 at 5:03 PM

She’s gross.

Mommypundit on October 10, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Sorry, Betty White is welcome to think and say whatever she wants. She’s earned some kookiness.

spmat on October 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Another nitwit Hollywood elite who could care less about ideas opposite of hers. Nice tolerance you got there Dems.

Richard Romano on October 10, 2008 at 5:11 PM

TheCurrent on October 10, 2008 at 5:00 PM

It was definitely scripted and I thought the same thing. Even the facial expressions were Rose.

Glynn on October 10, 2008 at 5:12 PM

freedom_nut on October 10, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Hahahahah nice I could see how that would work :)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 10, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Stay classy, Betty.

Claypigeon on October 10, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Neither do I. I don’t think it’s ever happened.

john1schn on October 10, 2008 at 4:59 PM

And they will continue to vote democrat long after they are dead.

Corsair on October 10, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Golden Girls? Feh!

I use to watch her on Password eating bologna on Wonder during my elementary school lunch hour.

sanguine4 on October 10, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Didn’t know she’s still around?

flyboy777 on October 10, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Richard Romano on October 10, 2008 at 5:11 PM

“Hollywood elite” has no meaning if Betty White is on the list. By that standard, I’m a member of the Hollywood elite too.

Cicero43 on October 10, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Put her in the same class as other desperate aging actresses trying to seem “cool.”

Diane Keaton
Jane Fonda
Madonna

They just come across as sad and pathetic!

rightwingmom on October 10, 2008 at 5:24 PM

It was a skit and ten times funnier than the SNL fiasco.

csdeven on October 10, 2008 at 5:27 PM

I hated her on Match Game, the greatest quintessential American Game Show. I always wished Charles Nelson Riley and Brett Summers would have double bitch slapped her.

Mister Ghost on October 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Is she dead? She looks dead! I think she’s dead!

sabbott on October 10, 2008 at 5:30 PM

What an embarrassment. Poorly delivered script from an irrelevant celebrity desperate for attention and a gig.

Interesting how prevalent that behavior is from Hollyweird. Wait, that’s not the word. What’s the word? Oh, yes. Typical.

AnonymousDrivel on October 10, 2008 at 5:31 PM

I guess that it still takes one to know one.

orlandocajun on October 10, 2008 at 5:31 PM

The interaction between White and the host was clearly rehearsed, and not on-the-spot conversation which included humor.

Nevertheless, I’ve found these Palin is a bitch, and Palin is not invited to my party banter as funny as a screen door in a submarine, or as funny as a flood in a Fizzies factory, or as funny as a fox in a hen house, or as funny as a racist, leftists, Socialist-Marxist-Nevile Chamberlain wannabe ahead in the polls, and possibly becoming the next President of the United States of America.

William2006 on October 10, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Hey Betty,

Animals have a right to butter and garlic! Yum!

Deer season opens soon. Hope my 10 year old bags a better one that this 90 year old great grandmother!

rightwingmom on October 10, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Edit: …bags a better one (deer) than HIS 90 year old great grandmother!

rightwingmom on October 10, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Exit question: Does she eat her veggies with that mouth?

I’m off to the grocery store. Hamburger’s on sale!

rightwingmom on October 10, 2008 at 5:35 PM

I know she loves animals and all that, but does we don’t eat dogs and cats. I wonder if she goes after the Koreans and Chinese with as much zeal as she does Americans.

/probably not.

john1schn on October 10, 2008 at 5:38 PM

There is something really pathetic about people who can’t refrain from making personal attacks on another person just because the other person dares to have some values and beliefs that differ from their own.

So much for “celebrating diversity,” right Betty?

AZCoyote on October 10, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Old farts speak their mind a lot. Too bad she’s senile. Not that she was all that bright a bulb to begin with.

john1schn on October 10, 2008 at 5:41 PM

I think it’s required now that if you ever want a job in Hollywhored you have to say something negative about Sarah Palin. Frankly it makes me very confident in liking SP. It makes me feel like I’m on the right side. If they dislike her that much, that means she is anti-everything Hollywhored represents: amoral, unethical, uneducated, narcissistic emotional retards. I love how much she angers them and if they liked her, I might have to re-think how I feel about her.

foxforce91 on October 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM

I just realized that Betty is wearing some polyester pants suit that looks as if it came from Wal Mart. I bet she’s had that outfit since her days on the Mary Tyler Moore Show. It makes me kind of sad.

foxforce91 on October 10, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Hey there Fugly Betty! B. Hussein O. obtained all the experience on f___ing America he needs from Bill Ayers, Rev Wright, Father Pfleger, Saul Alinsky, Frank Marshal Davis, and Franklin Raines. As Hillary knows all too well, he doesn’t need his radical bona fides sullied by white women.

Western_Civ on October 10, 2008 at 5:45 PM

And they will continue to vote democrat long after they are dead.

Corsair on October 10, 2008 at 5:19 PM

-RIMSHOT!!-

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 10, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Oddly enough, I think that could be taken either way.
That actress has a tendency to play “uninformed” characters; she could just as easily been parodying a Obama voter.

Count to 10 on October 10, 2008 at 5:58 PM

How did she ever get into show business? She makes Hillary look beautiful by comparison!

One celebrity that won’t get invited to Vice President Palin’s inaugural ball.

Steve Z on October 10, 2008 at 6:12 PM

You say that as if this would surprise us. Seriously though, truth be told, I’ve seen most episodes too… My dad didn’t have cable and when I’d go up there every other weekend as a kid, my brother, sister, and I were stuck watching Golden Girls reruns (or maybe they were new at the time, I don’t know), etc. At one point I also recall a Walker Texas Ranger phase.

RightWinged on October 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM

I dunno. Seemed pretty harmless to me. I watched the roast clip first, which was really funny, so I recognized the style.

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Nothing funny there. I know I have a sense of humor but see nothing funny of a 88 or whatever year old woman trying to be funny with adolescent humor. I saw her and a odd bunch roasting William Shatner and each one had to outdo the next in profanities. If you think that’s funny, wonderful. Maybe that’s the reason Obama might be the next president, not much intelligent thinking going on.

Conservatives R Us on October 10, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Well, it seemed like she was pretending to be an out-of-control, idiotic McCain campaign spokesman for laughs so…whatever.

My question is, how would this fly if this comment was made about Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama in the same style? How much of a sense of humor would Betty and her buddies have about that?

Tom Blogical on October 10, 2008 at 6:28 PM

you can put lip stick on Betty White and she is still a pig

Denniscat on October 10, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Certainly you could. And why do you require aa pretext?

baldilocks on October 10, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Suspense, my dear friend, suspense.

leetpriest on October 10, 2008 at 6:39 PM

What is it about Mrs. Palin, who as far as I can tell, has never said a nasty word about any of these old bats and yet they can’t wait to get on camera and talk about her as if they have done an intense, detailed psychological exam.

All these old celebs are accomplishing is the spoiling of any good feelings I ever had for them.

Texan on October 10, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Pam Anderson – whore
Sandra Bernhard – lesbian/twisted up elephant man face
Betty White – Old, fat, saggy breasts, about to die
Madonna – whore, old, saggy breasts, can’t keep a husband
Anyone in NOW – See all descriptions above.

Women are very well known for not being able to control their emotions, especially liberal women. In fact, most liberal women have lost their femininity. When a woman like Sarah Palin steps onto the scene, these women are all dwarfed by her, and lash out.

For the record, the golden girls sucked. Time for this fat old broad to croak.

leetpriest on October 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Keep it classy Betty.

dentalque on October 10, 2008 at 7:12 PM

And all this time I thought the “cluelessness” was just an act…. Wow!

Hog Wild on October 10, 2008 at 7:18 PM

She’s one of the semi-regular guests on the show. All her visits have her slightly out of control.

True. It’s sad that so many of the commenters are unable to recognize obvious satire. Of course, when Barry Sonnenfeld was on Ferguson, he really did spout off crazy lefty things, so much so that Ferguson assumed he was kidding (at first). So the line between satire and self-satire is sometimes difficult to draw. When in doubt, look it up.

calbear on October 10, 2008 at 7:23 PM

famously an advocate of animals’ rights

…isn’t she a member of PETA? Hasn’t she done some commercials for them?

…now…there’s one crazy bunch of b*tches….

Puritan1648 on October 10, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Wow, some pretty viscous comments on here. I didn’t take her seriously. She was obviously doing Rose from Golden Girls. For the record, I adore Betty White. She looks wonderful for her age and in her youth I thought she was absolutely beautiful and one of the funniest women in Hollywood.

Glynn on October 10, 2008 at 7:36 PM

In black lingo “bitch” is a high compliment.

Especially when said by a typical (Betty) WHITE woman.

profitsbeard on October 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Maybe someday Betty White and Katie Couric can reflect upon long-past former relevance when both merely memorized lines written by other people while pretending to comprehend those synthetic utterances.

viking01 on October 10, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Damn! I used to like her!

Star20 on October 10, 2008 at 7:58 PM

She’s had a very productive career. She can be so funny, but this election is not funny. It’s too bad she said anything; it made her look slow and uninformed. Best advice: let people keep their memories of all the laughs you gave us and shut up about politics.

Feedie on October 10, 2008 at 8:00 PM

If some of these “quality” women cared as much for human life as they do for animals, then maybe I might entertain their thoughts. Call me crazy but I care about my kids a heck of a lot more than I do my dogs.

SPIFF1669 on October 10, 2008 at 8:12 PM

sanguine4 on October 10, 2008 at 5:21 PM

She still does.

Coronagold on October 10, 2008 at 8:43 PM

I thought it was funny.

Funniest “Golden Girls” episode is when Rose bring home the short doctor. HILARIOUS!

SouthernGent on October 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I have the perfect shirt: Meat is Murder…tasty, tasty Murder.

rgranger on October 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Betty White on Palin…

No. That would be, Betty White on drugs!

seanrobins on October 10, 2008 at 11:36 PM

One of the most effective ads for either party is one against Sarah Pain Cruella De Vil. According to mediacurves.com the following ad is moving Indies, Dems and Repubs over to Obama.

“The most prevalent emotional responses reported from voters were “angry” and “disturbed” after viewing the ad.”

Note to McCain: VOTERS DO NOT WANT A LAME WINKY HOKEY COLD-HEARTED ICE PRINCESS for VP / PRES!

The ad:

Info and stats on ad:

Scores and reactions to other Repub / Dem ads:

Shelby on October 10, 2008 at 11:39 PM

In black lingo “bitch” is a high compliment.

Especially when said by a typical (Betty) WHITE woman.

profitsbeard on October 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM

This is not the ‘black lingo’ I know. /bo

baldilocks on October 11, 2008 at 12:47 AM

The ad:

Info and stats on ad:

Scores and reactions to other Repub / Dem ads:

Shelby on October 10, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Give me a break.

Glynn on October 11, 2008 at 3:10 AM

Betty White (note racist sirname) on BarryO

If he needs experience, I’ll be glad to give it to him.

Well, Betty, better go give it to him then. Lord knows he needs it.

EconomicNeocon on October 11, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Dude indeed

Baphomet on October 11, 2008 at 3:06 PM

The four worst groups of people in this country are journalists, celebrities, lawyers and politicians.

Notice how incestuous that group is. They have mental inbreeding disorders.

Merovign on October 11, 2008 at 4:16 PM

leetpriest on October 10, 2008 at 4:22 PM

‘N’asty?

DaveC on October 11, 2008 at 10:11 PM

i would like to know how is it that a womn can call another women a bitch. if sarah palin is a bitch then betty white is a bitch. this is what a person gets from the left.

white has done nothing for anyone. she just runs her mouth and thinks people should be impreesed.

TomLawler on October 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM