Video: The RNC’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more Ayers

posted at 8:47 pm on October 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

From David Frum’s lips to the ad team’s ears. Maybe I’m just Ayers-ed out, but between this and McCain insisting that the real problem isn’t Obama associating with a piece-of-shinola terrorist so much as lying about it, I’m not sure what the crux of the complaint is anymore. Is it that The One is a dangerous socialist radical masquerading as a run-of-the-mill Chicago machine politician? Or is it that he is a run-of-the-mill Chicago machine politician with all the graft and cretinous hangers-on pertaining thereto? Or is it just that he’s a liar?

Speaking of which, the latest from Obama on Ayers: “I assumed that he had been rehabilitated.” Really? Even after the NYT interview published on 9/11 in which he said he was sorry he hadn’t done more as a Weatherman? That’s highly nuanced indeed, given that they were still in touch three years later.

Exit question: Are you really a “Fmr. Terrorist” if you’ve never repented?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

We certainly are not in round 15.

No, but it’s fast approaching, and with the liberal tilt of the major media, McCain needs to get his shots in when he has the opportunity.

I knew you had to take the Fred! bait and run with it. You really are a predictable fellow.

hillbillyjim on October 10, 2008 at 12:04 AM

AaaaaaaaaaaaHA! I knew you were no “gent”! “Gents” do not threaten defenseless women, and they most definitely do not reside in the state of Wisconsin!

capitalist piglet on October 9, 2008 at 11:59 PM

AaaaaaaaaaHA! I knew you were no “capitalist”!

There are no defenseless capitalists. We thirst for blood too much to cower.

Who?

csdeven on October 10, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Well played, old friend. Well played.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:04 AM

A calm hand on the tiller is what is needed.

csdeven on October 10, 2008 at 12:01 AM

So, three weeks after the election. We win?

Look, I don’t believe in quashing anyone’s opinion. We are all looking at the McCain campaign and scratching our heads. This Ayers thing should have been out much earlier. Acorn, Rezko, etc. He is my choice for president, at least, Sarah Palin is my choice. McCain was not my first choice, but he is worlds better than Obama and I will stand behind him. Things just got a little out of hand.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Though I should add, if they are going to convict people of thought crimes, someone should take another look at Obama’s poetry. Putting that to paper, well, that should be a crime.

Spirit of 1776 on October 9, 2008 at 11:55 PM

I’m so glad you mentioned the Obama poetry. Something about apes and figs? Apes and figs, apes and figs, apes and figs, eh? I read it somewhere online this morning, or maybe yesterday. Later on I wanted to post it here but I could not for the life of me remember the link. Do you have it?

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Apes and Figs….RRRRAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIISSSSSSSTTTTT!

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Spirit of 1776 on October 9, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Dig it.

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Spirit of 1776 on October 9, 2008 at 11:55 PM

I’ve only read his latest poem:

Ummm
Errr
Uhhh
Racist

Damn thing doesn’t even rhyme.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:10 AM

I’ve only read his latest poem:

Ummm
Errr
Uhhh
Racist
Damn thing doesn’t even rhyme.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:10 AM

LMAO!

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:11 AM

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM

What I read was at Ace. I actually thought to myself when people were making fun of it, how can you tell if poetry is bad? Then I read that sample. Now I know.

Spirit of 1776 on October 10, 2008 at 12:13 AM

What’s a monkey waiter?

RushBaby on October 9, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Never mind. Belatedly, I saw the new thread.

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Ummm
Errr
Uhhh
Racist

Damn thing doesn’t even rhyme.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Hahahaha. That’s terrific.

Spirit of 1776 on October 10, 2008 at 12:14 AM

LMAO!

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Me too.

I’ve only read his latest poem:

Ummm
Errr
Uhhh
Racist

Damn thing doesn’t even rhyme.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Brilliant. Now I’ve got a lump catch in my throat. That’s beautiful.

hillbillyjim on October 10, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Spirit of 1776 on October 10, 2008 at 12:13 AM

That’s it! Thanks, and rethanks.

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:16 AM

From now on all HA veterans have lumps.

K?

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Under water grottos, caverns
Filled with apes
That eat figs.
Stepping on the figs
That the apes
Eat, they crunch.
The apes howl, bare
Their fangs, dance …

This must be what made Michelle fall in love with him.

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Thank GOODNESS I am not a veteran. What would I tell my husband?

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:19 AM

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Cad! Impostor!! I can see the Donald Driver jersey you’re sporting through the visual communication device atop my screen!

(Or something like that. Sorry. I’m a musician, and this is so not my groove.)

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Under water grottos, caverns
Filled with apes
That eat figs.
Stepping on the figs
That the apes
Eat, they crunch.
The apes howl, bare
Their fangs, dance …

This must be what made Michelle fall in love with him.

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Are you serious? These are the words of the One?

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:20 AM

(Ayers = terrorist) = (Palin’s husband = secessionist)

Khur on October 10, 2008 at 12:20 AM

From now on all HA veterans have lumps.

K?

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:18 AM

I made sure of it.

Heh heh.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:20 AM

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Can you tell me what the main issues were a month ago? This is the dynamic I believe these folks are missing. They cannot peak with this too soon. The “October Surprise” is exactly that because it comes too late for the besmirched one to effectively respond. Oslime-a is in panic mode. Their response to the Ayres association are erratic and all over the map.

First Oslime-a said Ayres was a guy in his neighborhood. Then he was friendly with him. Then he didn’t know he was a unrepentant terrorist. Etc, etc, etc.

I watched Bill Burton (Oslime-a’s press spokesman) nearly blow a gasket while Gretchen was interviewing him. He sounded just like Rosie O. He thought that if he screamed his talking points loud enough, they might just become facts.

csdeven on October 10, 2008 at 12:22 AM

(Or something like that. Sorry. I’m a musician, and this is so not my groove.)

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Sorry. My heart for the Packers went with Favre.

The Badgers never disappoint, though.

A conservative musician? That makes as much sense as…well…as a conservative…from Madison!

Wait.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Some decent news:

Federal judge rules Brunner must check voters (Ohio).

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Are you serious? These are the words of the One?

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Seems so. Try to track down an Obama scholarly paper from the Harvard Law review though.

*100 mph sand sandwich*

No wonder he hates the troops in Iraq, like fc’s husband. And I do revere fc’s husband.

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Really? Whose you’re doctor? RNC ain’t got a fee-vah, they’ve got a dillemma…

PresidenToor on October 10, 2008 at 12:29 AM

csdeven,

I know who Bill Burton is. He is a tool. They talk over, say the same thing, over and over again until it is considered fact. I know that.

The thing is, these sorts of revelations need to be out there, talked about over and over again enough for the masses to hear.

We here at HA read and know what’s going on. Most Obama voters and “independents” (Pick a F’ing side and vote, I say.) drink the Kool-aid and don’t know what’s really going on. They are getting their news from the MSM and THEY are only now picking up on the Ayers thing, even though they are putting it in the best light for the One. Hannity has been droning on and on about this for a year now, he had Rev Wright on his show back in 07…how long did it take for that to catch on?
All I am saying is…October surprise…but we need to get it out there so even the MSM cannot ignore it. No MSM is really looking at Acorn/Ayers/Khalid. They will not until it is so LOUD that they cannot ignore it anymore.
That is all I am saying.
And Bill Burton goes on and spouts his lies….maybe the McCain people need to go on and spout some truths, name names, and talk about the hard things…expose the true Barack Hussein Obama.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Some decent news:

Federal judge rules Brunner must check voters (Ohio).

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Yeah, the Democrat in charge didn’t want to do ANYTHING until AFTER the election. Get off your duff and do something. I’m glad the Fed Judge shoveled her a$$ up.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Under water grottos, caverns
Filled with apes
That eat figs.
Stepping on the figs
That the apes
Eat, they crunch.
The apes howl, bare
Their fangs, dance …

Plagiarized from Rosie O’Dumpling?

hillbillyjim on October 10, 2008 at 12:32 AM

Some decent news:

Federal judge rules Brunner must check voters (Ohio).

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:25 AM

This.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:32 AM

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Heh, heh, heh…My nickname for Burton is “Stanley”. He certainly is a weaselly ferret-faced scumbag.

csdeven on October 10, 2008 at 12:33 AM

A conservative musician?

Check it out.

Jim Treacher on October 10, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Some decent news:

Federal judge rules Brunner must check voters (Ohio).

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Between “Stanley” and Gibbs…they make my blood pressure spike.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Your heart’s in the right place. How about your First Amendment muscles? What have YOU done in your own neighborhood? I am just getting to know you, so I don’t mean to sound accusatory. But really. Have you done anything besides type at Hot Air?

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM

csdeven on October 10, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Between “Stanley” and Gibbs…they make my blood pressure spike.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Sorry, wrong person, piglet.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM

I’ll tell you. I didn’t get too hyped up about McCain until Palin. I volunteered w/ local GOP in 2004, but didn’t for McCain. Just couldn’t bring myself to do so. He was not my first choice and frankly, don’t really care for him. Didn’t want to look like a liar.
I send out emails, much about illegal immigration because I have a vested interest in making sure this country does not allow amnesty to take place. It would put my loved one in danger.
Can’t put up yard signs or anything on vehicles…Don’t know where you’re from, but even though this is a pretty Republican area, there are dems that like to key vehicles and spray paint houses that host republican campaigns.
I call my senators/congressmen/McCain/President and voice my opinion on issues that affect our country.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Barry is my muse:

Weather Underground, townhouse
Filled with dopes,
who call people pigs.
Blowing up the pigs
That the dopes
Hate, they shrug.
Stepping on the fuse,
The dopes howl, bare-assed,
Their bomb, explodes
unexpectedly…

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 12:49 AM

That’s beautiful, Danish. Bravo!

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Sorry. My heart for the Packers went with Favre.

The Badgers never disappoint, though.

Wait.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Obviously I’m somewhat older than you. My dad used to call me on Saturday nights and say, “I told you the Badgers wouldn’t win, but you had to go and be optimistic!”

[Click.] [Dial tone.]

We take our football seriously in Wisconsin, huh? ; )

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:51 AM

This.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:32 AM

New wallpaper! Thanks!

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM

We take our football seriously in Wisconsin, huh? ; )

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:51 AM

The sea of red on Johnson Street at noon on Saturdays answers that one.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:54 AM

csdeven

Yep that’s a pretty good analysis of what is going on atm.

Basically the idea is to build a narrative that Obama through the people he has chosen to associate with, The decisions and choices he has made in the the past and what he plans to do in the future if elected, demonstrates that in he lacks the wisdom, judgment, and experience to be the President especially when compared to John McCain and put into the context of a national crisis.

Its all about sowing the seeds of doubt about Obama in peoples minds exactly when they start paying attention to the campaign a few weeks out from election day and I think its also why we didn’t hear much about Ayers from the McCain Camp earlier.

I fully expect to hear the McCain campaign relentlessly hitting Obama for the next three and a half weeks on Ayers, Wright, Pfleger, Rezko, ACORN, Fannie and Freddie and anything else that will help raise doubts in voters minds about Obama. They will just roll this stuff out one scumbag at time until election day creating a storm negativity and doubt about Obama that will eventually even override the MSM’s obvious bias and derail Obama’s credibility right at the crucial moment.

Dreadnought223 on October 10, 2008 at 12:56 AM

Check it out.

Jim Treacher on October 10, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Conservativism: It’s not just country singers anymore. (I’m a soul singer, myself.)

P.S. Hornet, it’s all good.

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Conservatism even. Heh. (Go to bed, piglet.)

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Dreadnought223 on October 10, 2008 at 12:56 AM

I hope you are right, Dread. We need blood in the water.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:57 AM

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Barbershopper here.

a capella on October 10, 2008 at 12:58 AM

Conservatism even. Heh. (Go to bed, piglet.)

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Sweet dreams, piglet. Tomorrow will be a better day.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:58 AM

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Why thank you! Just imagine the volumes of beautiful poetry that will soon spill forth from all of us, thanks to his inspiration. We can be proud to be Americans again.

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 1:00 AM

The sea of red on Johnson Street at noon on Saturdays answers that one.

MadisonConservative on October 10, 2008 at 12:54 AM

And we shan’t speak of the UW Marching Band. A “gent” would never do such a thing! (I played Band Day at Camp Randall, and I got nothin’!)

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 1:00 AM

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 1:00 AM

As a junior senator from Ill Noise.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 1:01 AM

Barbershopper here.

a capella on October 10, 2008 at 12:58 AM

Well, that would explain your nick I guess! Nice “meeting” a fellow vocalist!

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 1:01 AM

Sweet dreams, piglet. Tomorrow will be a better day.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:58 AM

I surely hope so. Good night, Hornet.

capitalist piglet on October 10, 2008 at 1:02 AM

Conservative musicians; conservative comedians.

Night all.

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 1:04 AM

Night, Danish.

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 1:05 AM

If Obama is “The One” Thomas Sowell is “The Black One.” He has been put forth as a savior for blacks in the eyes of Republicans for the better part of a decade.

The Race Card on October 9, 2008 at 9:53 PM

“The Black One”.? Thomas Sowell has established himself as a premier author, economist, and teacher.

Smart Republicans sit at his knees because of his intellect and leadership. Compare his arm to mine and what do we see? Certainly not Black and White. His skin is brown, my skin is pink. Melanin is chemistry. Decency and smarts, it would seem, are a gift.

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Nite, Johnboy..

In other news, wasn’t there a story a few days ago that said that Obama’s and Ayers’ time at Columbia overlapped? I’ve slept a few hours since then and can’t remember the source.

Gohawgs on October 10, 2008 at 1:19 AM

HornetSting on October 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM

That’s a good contribution. I have no talent for calls so I respect those who do. Kudos, thanks, and please channel my tongue-tangled but heartfelt passion with the next calls you make!

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 1:29 AM

I find the fact that this ad is in black and white very racist. RACIST!!!!

twoarmman on October 10, 2008 at 2:22 AM

Under water grottos, caverns
Filled with apes
That eat figs.
Stepping on the figs
That the apes
Eat, they crunch.
The apes howl, bare
Their fangs, dance …

This must be what made Michelle fall in love with him.

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Interesting, considering muslims teach that Jews are apes and pigs.

fossten on October 10, 2008 at 7:01 AM

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Channeling MLK. I have no idea what your ethnicity is, but the fact that your statement flies in the face of the ideals of the Jackson’s, Sharp’s and others who supposedly have the interests of the black community at heart, I am seriously afraid that you are not of African American descent.

csdeven on October 10, 2008 at 7:31 AM

Source of Obama “ape” poetry:

Freelance writer Jack Cashill posits his thesis that Bill Ayers ghost-wrote Dreams of My Father. He doesn’t prove it, but makes it seem plausible. It’s pretty clear The One did not write it.

philwynk on October 10, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Hey, did you know that reading poetry is like studying math or science? That’s pretty much what the Chicago Annenberg Challenge asserted as it praised one of its Utopian education projects:

The Richard Wright Middle School also occupies four rooms on one corridor, and has
a population of 90 students and three teachers. The curriculum at Richard Wright is built
around creative writing and journalism, focusing on the life and writings of Richard Wright
with important side-roads into the lives and works of other Chicago writers — Langston
Hughes, Gwendolyn Brooks , Saul Bellow, Nelson Algren, Nikki Giovanni, and Sandra
Cisneros for example. Students at Richard Wright produce a monthly magazine of culture
and arts — much of their math, science, history and English requirements are met through the
complex work of writing, editing, producing, and marketing this prize-winning journal.

I guess they had them count the words or something to meet the math standards. I’ll have to get back to you on the science.

Here’s another great way to learn math and science – through Kwaanza!:

Two K-6 elementary schools occupy 14 rooms. One, the Imani School has attracted
210 students (and 7 teachers) to its discipline-based program; the other, the Children’s
Community has a population of 200 students (and 7 teachers) and focuses on community
service as the core of its curriculum . Imani School has developed an Afro-centric curriculum
based on the principles of Kwaanza. The Children’s Community builds its English, math,
science, history, and arts curriculum around a series of community improvement projects.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that they learned math by adding up how many of their parents worked for ACORN, and for the really advanced kids, they could add up how many dead people their parents registered to vote.

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 7:43 AM

I have no idea what happened to the formatting of those paragraphs I copied from the Obama Education Initiative. They previewed just fine. Just pretend you’re reading poetry!

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 7:46 AM

Knowing how many dead people and illegal immigrants and registering the same individual multiple times in order to put the state in dem hands are invaluable math skills.
And it should slide past people’s consciousness here that 95 percent of the writers chosen by these schools for study are irredemable stalinists, socialists, marxists, anti americans, communists. Even the law of chance or incompetency would have included at least one proAmerican writer.

eaglewingz08 on October 10, 2008 at 8:16 AM

eaglewingz08 on October 10, 2008 at 8:16 AM

Of course! Although I have to admit that I loved Bellow’s Henderson the Rain King.

Buy Danish on October 10, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Interesting, considering muslims teach that Jews are apes and pigs.

fossten on October 10, 2008 at 7:01 AM

That’s the little red light that “poem” lit in me.

RushBaby on October 10, 2008 at 9:04 AM

The common thread between Rev. Wright, Ayers, his early mentor Frank Marshall Davis and Obama is a belief in socialism, communism, Marxism is the best method of government.
When Obama is elected President will Ayers be making a congratulatory call to all his friends, “Can you believe it, we put a Marxist communist in as the President of the United States??? We were just grooming him to be Mayor of Chicago!”.

———

Do the American people want someone who was selected and groomed for political office by communist and terrorist Bill Ayers? Without Ayers (and all his contacts and money) Obama would have not gotten any where in politics.
————–
If Obama says he does not believe in those things (even though he wrote in his book he sought socialist and Marxists out), doesn’t that say he is a ruthless liar who has no morale compass and will lie to anyone to get ahead?
By saying that Ayers was nobody he really knew, just someone in the neighborhood, this shows that Obama is an out and out liar. (The same with his connections to others: Rezko, Rev. Wright,…..) We want that as a President?

But Obama did believe in all the things Ayers,Wright and others were pushing. He could have chosen who he assoicated with, he chose the Marxist-type.

———
Both Hillary Clinton and John McCain should have had a full-time, separate wing of their campaigns titled, “Do you really know who Barrack Obama is?” and educated the public on who really is Barack H. Obama: a far, far, left liberal who supports the ideas that Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright (and others in their circle) espouse – a Marxist philosophy to as Bill Ayers said: “the destruction of US imperialism and the achievement of a classless world: world communism.”
McCain made the same mistake as Hillary in not attacking Obama early in the campaign, hard and unrelenting.

albill on October 10, 2008 at 9:47 AM