Townhall voter to McCain: “I’m mad! I’m really mad!”

posted at 3:50 pm on October 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Fox cut away at the end right before the next questioner pressed McCain on Obama’s associations. Read Ben Smith to see how that went; the boss is underwhelmed. I watched a bit from earlier in the townhall while cutting the clip and what McCain says here is true — people were yelling about ACORN during every pause. He finally gratifies them with a little outrage near the end.

Note his preface to those comments, though: “We’ve got to act together because all of us are Americans first.” I get the sense Maverick’s not entirely thrilled with the tone these events have taken. As I write this, the Dow’s down 650 and counting.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Nobody with a remote interest in banking buys the line that this is all down to Freddie and Fannie. The statistics don’t support that, nor do serious economists. Just do the math and look at the broad losses taking place now.

lexhamfox on October 9, 2008 at 5:03 PM

funky chicken – I heard Rush L. quoting the real estate agent – and Mc’s answer. He needs to give that line at every political event he attends from now until election day. As I said previously, the overarching mood of America right now is rageand they want to know what’s going to happen to the people who knowingly got us into this mess.

alwyr on October 9, 2008 at 5:08 PM

I smell astroturf! Beside, Obama has the best protection ever against assassination, JOE BIDEN!

flytier on October 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Actually, I think you smell the inside of Obama’s plane. Phil works exceptionally hard for Barack Obama in this forum. I’m not sure what he thinks he’s accomplishing, but he does function as a kind of court jester here.

capitalist piglet on October 9, 2008 at 5:09 PM

My Southern grandmother always reminded me of the virtues of anger. It’s a great asset for us. Don’t let the David Frums tell you otherwise.

rrpjr on October 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I want to cry when I think of what could’ve happened if our nominee was strong on immigration issues. I’ve been reading a little about this and don’t remember seeing it anywhere else. A guy tough on immigration could have the Democrats on a run with just this issue. I’m of course still going to pull the lever for him, but what an opportunity this could’ve been to offer a stark contrast.

hoosiermama on October 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM

lexhamfox on October 9, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Nonsense. There is not doubt that the massive failure in the credit markets was directly attributable to the Freddie and Fannie fiasco. The dominos have begun to fall but the root cause was the collapse of the financial markets.

rplat on October 9, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I stand corrected. :)
I would think that Martha Stewart would be pretty hot right now, having gone to jail for insider trading, while Dodd and Frank not only were insiders, they setup the deal and then made sure they were the main beneficiaries.

flytier on October 9, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I’ll repeat it again, since McCain seems to be reveling in the ugly and lynch mob-like tone his rallies are taking on: if anything happens to Senator Obama, McCain has blood on his hands.

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM
We’ll give him a towel and thank God the USA is still intact.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Post of the day – nicely done Hornet. I think the libs should worry more about attacks from the far left. Ever heard of Lee Harvey Oswald ?

DeweyWins on October 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Obama voters should remember that if he gets voted as President, believe me the changes to socialism is going to be unbelievable. Looks like America is going down unless people start to wake up and have a touch of reality. You only get what you deserve and I for one is really scared.

mariloubaker on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Hey, Wisconsin Dude for President!!

You know what the tone of this audience indicates? Lots of people out there are getting their news from the internet, because the MSM has been silent on the issues they raise.

PattyJ on October 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM
We’ll give him a towel and thank God the USA is still intact.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM

DeweyWins on October 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Thank you, I’ll be here all week. Try the chicken.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Tell the truth. The only reason McCain is drawing the crowds and getting the conservative vote is because of Sarah.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Of course that’s the truth. Have you gone to the campaign website? Give it a try:

Front page opens, and you get a big video of Sarah Palin.

McCain chose her. When they appear together he loves that she is the more popular candidate. Hers is the name on the campaign lit/fundraisers I’m receiving.

I don’t know why you assume Palin’s popularity is a negative for John McCain. He doesn’t feel that way.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Waiting for the Secret Service to show up.
Did you hear the caller on Hannity…scary. It’s already starting.

NO BAD COMMENTS AGAINST THE ONE!

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM

YES!…AMERICANS ARE MAD!!!…Mad that a man like obama can be so close to running this great country and Americans still know NOTHING about him,…or his past!!

christene on October 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM

You need to go back to the coop for a nap, Chicken. John should thank his lucky stars for Sarah.
She is the only reason he has the conservative’s vote. He keeps rattling on about “my friends across the aisle” and I feel like vomiting. He needs to WAKE UP and realize the dems are NOT HIS FRIENDS. He has a thick skull. See-amnesty agenda still going strong, my friends.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:21 PM

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Yep. McCain is the anchor on this ticket. Rudy would be out there smashing people over the head. So would Fred. Proably even Mitt.

But McCain, my friends, you see, we need to work together.

Screw working together.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 5:23 PM

I wish I could see the whole rally. Anyone got a link?

PattyJ on October 9, 2008 at 5:23 PM

socialism huh Its ok don’t worry just light one up and SHARE THE LAND THAT THEY’LL BE GIVEN AWAY Hippy style

sonnyspats1 on October 9, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Fricking McCain, it’s three steps forward, and two steps back. From NRO, a partial transcript of an interview with Charlie Gibson:

Why can’t McCain have the courage of his “convictions”? I don’t think this moronic Milt Milquetoast routine works.

BuckeyeSam on October 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM

But McCain, my friends, you see, we need to work together.

Screw working together.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Agreed. 1973…were you born in ’73?

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Wow. The political griefers have plenty to say today.

I’m not going to let it get me down. This fighter pilot still has time for revenge on the commies. GO MCCAIN!

capitalist piglet on October 9, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Americans should have been paying attention and getting mad a long time ago. We’ve tolerated the creeping socialism/nannystatism for decades and it is finally catching up with us. Why weren’t Americans angry when they said your children have to wear helmets when they ride their bicycles? Why weren’t there riots when they forced us to install toilets that have so little water in them they no longer flush properly? Why didn’t we storm the Supreme Court after the Kelo decision? The prescription drug bill should have caused cities to burn. Every April 15th ought to be reminder enough that things have gotten out-of-control. Hell, I get so mad I can’t see straight every time I think about what I could be doing with the FICA money I pay. Why isn’t everyone as furious as I am about that? I am apoplectic every time I buy gas because I can’t help but think about how much of that is going to Washington for some stupid bridge named after Harry Reid or Chuckie Schumer or Robert KKK Bryd, not to mention Hugo Chavez and the Saudis, the Bevery Hillbillies of the Middle East.

I’ve been angry at Washington for years. I’m glad others are finally catching up.

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM

To simplify, Fannie and Freddie helped inflate the housing market, their entry into subprime lending caused a market shift toward subprime, and their low cost of capital forced down rstes on subprime loans below what standrad risk based pricing would have required. When the prices started to fall, defaults rose, and the income on lenders’ books of loans was not enough to cover the losses. Then the mark-to-market rules introduced by Sarbanes-Oxlet kicked in and averyone who owned loans or mortgage backed securities had to write down the value of therm, over and over, month after month, as declining home values made the loans more and more likely to default and so worth less and less. Because th true value and risk of owning these securities became unknown, nobody would buy them, and they became essentially worthless.

So, government policy inflated the bubble, and government policy turned an orderly cooling off into a crash.

rockmom on October 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM

rplat on October 9, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Actually there is a lot of doubt about that. Freddie and Fannie were not the original sub-prime lenders nor were they the biggest in terms of volume. If this is all due to Fannie and Freddie the crisis would not be unfolding like this. Lots of other institutions played with mortgage backed derivatives which unwind creating more damage than the number of defaulted loans made by Fannie and Freddie. Do the math.

lexhamfox on October 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Amen brother! It doesn’t save water when you have to flush it 3 or 4 times to get your business to go down!

txsurveyor on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Kristen Powers just said Ayers is a guy Obama “barely knew.”

BuckeyeSam on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

We’ll give him a towel and thank God the USA is still intact.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Kristen Powers just said Ayers is a guy Obama “barely knew.”

BuckeyeSam on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

On FNC? Did she really? She can really be intellectually dishonest at times.

capitalist piglet on October 9, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Something no one is talking about is the fact that government tax policy is what has caused so many Americans to be in the stock market in the first place. I have argued with my professional friends for years over the wisdom of the various tax-advantaged retirement vehicles like IRAs and 401(K)s. If it were not for tax policy, people would be much less likely to be in the market in the first place. There was a time when Americans were scared of Wall Street. Today, because of government policy, Americans sign forms and check boxes given to them by their employer and since everyone is doing it, it seems okay. They can ask all the questions they have of the woefully uninformed person who handles the company plan, who probably makes money on dollars under management and has little incentive to take the time to propery advise the employee investor. Few Americans are sophisticated enough investors to really understand risks associated with Wall Street investments. Instead of being in the market they might have paid off their mortgages or bought hard assets that they understood. And that’s another thing, the government has used tax policy to encourage mortgages. It’s not just Fannie and Freddie that are to blame. We’ve got eighty years of liberal do-gooderism and social engineering at the bottom of our fiscal woes.

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 5:51 PM

I’m pissed too! I think McCain needs to just stop being nice and bite THAT ONE’S head off and the knees…Chew spit and then repeat with Biden… no more nicey nicey…

CynicalOptimist on October 9, 2008 at 5:54 PM

I know how that guy feels!! I am surrounded by libs thinking it’s ok to take from me to give to someone else! I heard about how Obama has a birth certificate issue, and an obamanite I know said yeah, she heard about it, but didn’t think it was true. How nice for her! The more I read about it, the madder I get!! And where I volunteer in West LA, we have PUMAs telling me they know it to be true that he does NOT have an American birth certificate! I asked why they don’t scream it from rooftops, but now I know why. My friend “didn’t think it was true” so it must not even be worth looking into. This is what we’re up against people, it’s bad. I went looking, here’s what I found.

(Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania – 10/06/08) –
Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s lack of
“qualifications” to serve as President of the United States, announced today that Obama and Democratic National Committee [DNC] filed a Joint Motion for Protective Order to
Stay Discovery Pending a Decision on the Motion to Dismiss they filed on 09/24/08.

Wanna know what qualification(s) he lacks? May surprise you…

Philip J. Berg, Esq. alleges:
a) Barack Obama was not born in Hawaii, he was born in Kenya, witnessed by Barack’s grandmother and family?
b) Barack Obama’s stepfather adopted him and took him to Indonesia (remember that famous madrassa foreign policy learning at 8 yrs old?) thereby forfeiting his son’s American citizenship.
c) Barack Obama has not shown anyone his actual birth certificate to prove his eligibility.
d) If Barack Obama knowingly took funds from American citizens for the Presidency while ineligible, this is fraud being perpetrated to the tune of $425,000,000.00 and counting.

Following are some of the factual statements made in the amended complaint (The complete complaint is here):

36. Obama is a representative of the Democratic People. However, Obama must meet the Qualifications specified for the United States Office of the President, which he must be a “natural born” citizen. Additionally, Obama must be at least a “naturalized” citizen to hold his Office of U.S. Senator for Illinois. Unfortunately, Obama is not a “natural born” citizen, nor is he a “naturalized” citizen. Just to name one of the problems, Obama lost his U.S. citizenship when his mother married an Indonesian citizen, Lolo Soetoro who legally “acknowledged” Obama as his son in Indonesia and/or “adopted” Obama, which caused Obama to become a “natural” Indonesian citizen. Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro relocated herself and Obama to Indonesia wherein Obama’s mother naturalized in Indonesia. This is proven by Obama’s school record with the student’s name as “Barry Soetoro”, Father’s name: Lolo Soetoro, M.A., and Citizenship: Indonesia.

Now, before you all go bonkers on me, yes, I heard he’s a truther, a DNC connected lawyer/former Hillary supporter, so I know it’s questionable to begin with. But isn’t that what I’m doing? Questioning. He’s willing to ask, I’m willing to support him asking. I wanna know if this is true. He’s also suing the DNC and a whole host of other Democrats for keeping quiet and for perpetrating fraud on the American public as a whole. At least now I know that I’m not the only one MAD, and I hope McCain gets mad and all Americans get mad and DEMAND to know what’s up.

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Are you admitting that you would be thankful that Senator Obama is killed? It sure seems that way. – philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Hornet? Nah. No sane person wants something like that to happen. It would deprive us of seeing the expression on his face when he gives his concession speech on Nov 4. Then again, Thomas Jefferson did say something about refreshing the Tree of Liberty…

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM

McCain is going to lose if the only solution he has to lift up our spirits in these economically troubling times is to demonize a patriot like Senator Obama and his wonderful and intelligent family.
philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Hehehehehehehe….now you just KNOW that ol’ phil is trolling for remarks.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM

You said it. This HAS to be a gag. No WAY anyone can say that with a straight face. Hahahahahah, you very funny Phil.

…others have mentioned it before, but this dismissive reply, with the “I don’t like you” part first, is an excellent rejoinder to the current welter of trolls.

Puritan1648 on October 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM

It’s even better if you imagine Bishop saying it with the same Soros accent as the SNL video :)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM

I assumed the birth certificate thing was a nonstarter, a conspiracy theory. But after reading the filings in that case, I am left to wonder why, instead of paying the $10 to have a certified birth certificate sent to the judge, he has chosen to hire a team of attorneys who have filed motions to dismiss, motions to stay discovery, etc?

What possible reason is there for him not to prove his birth? As I’ve said before, thirty years ago I had to provide a birth certificate to play Little League baseball. Also, if he was indeed born in the US, wouldn’t it be much better to have a federal judge officially declare him qualified to be POTUS than to have a cottage industry of people researching and writing books about his birth for years to come. If he dodges proper adjudication though his dismissal motion, it will only add fuel to the proverbial fire.

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 6:06 PM

rockmom on October 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Phenomenal as always….

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 6:08 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Democrats are obsessed with this line of logic. Party of Death indeed….

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 6:20 PM

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 6:06 PM

That was my question exactly!! Why not just show it? What is the DNC trying to cover up? I’d like to know if there’s a court case for Obama to try to get him legally declared a citizen by some sympathetic judge? I need answers… I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 6:21 PM

When investigator find a certain amount of wrong doing in a precenct, that precent should not be counted.

I also think we should do the purple finger die and stop early and mail-in voting. The military can set up precincts on base or in the theater of action. If you are on vacation or out of the country non-military then you forfeit your right to vote.

Also there needs to be a national voter database and biometric I.D. card.

TheSitRep on October 9, 2008 at 6:28 PM

TheSitRep on October 9, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Nope, we need a National ID card, tied to Citizenship status, drivers license, and voting… all of which could be under Federal Jurisdiction (drivers license under interstate commerce).

Make it FREE… but no card? no vote.

Romeo13 on October 9, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Go get em, Johnie!!

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Senator McCain, every speech, interview and at the next debate, show the picture of Ayers standing on the flag !!
Let Obama tell America that his friend Bill Ayers is just a “Professor of English”,,, then show the picture and let Americans see for themselves!
His “Professor of English” dancing on the American flag!

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Also there needs to be a national voter database and biometric I.D. card. – TheSitRep on October 9, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Why not a subcutaneous ID chip? This way Big Brother can keep tabs on all of us. Screw that.

Simly mandate to the states that only U.S. citizens are permitted to vote in federal elections and that, in order to verify this status, the voter will have to produce a birth certificate or U.S. – issued passport.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 6:54 PM

“We’ve got the Pelosi’s etc up there in congress. … It’s time for you two to start representin’ us. We’re Mad! (standing ovation)”

That would make a great prelude for one of McCain’s talking-directly-into-the-camera ads.

DaveS on October 9, 2008 at 6:55 PM

lexhamfox on October 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM

There’s plenty of blame to go around but you are definitely wrong in giving the FM’s as big a pass as you are. A sibling worked for Fannie for about 19 years. It was no secret that they would do anything to garner political favor- hiring on Frank’s gay lover was just a very blatant example of a far more subtle agenda of paying off legislators who could help from keeping Congress from enacting more stringent oversight.

So which FM are you beholden too because you clearly have an agenda of your own here.

highhopes on October 9, 2008 at 7:03 PM

I am getting sick and tired of hearing people talk about McCain being the anchor and the only reason conservatives will vote for him is Sarah Palin.

If not for John McCain most Americans would never have heard of Sarah Palin. He is the only reason she is even on the ticket. He is the one who gave her the chance.

As for McCain talking about working with the otherside, he needs to try and find some blue dogs to work with because unless there is a miracle in November and the Democrats lose the Congress the next president will have to work with some of them.

And I have heard Sarah Palin say herself that she worked with members of both parties to accomplish a goal and she would also oppose members of both parties if they stood in the way of reform. And her record in Alaska proves that.

No, some of these socalled conservatives who could not manage to come up with enough votes to even get someone they liked elected in a Republican primary just can not accept the fact that McCain is the candidate. Well if the idea of an Obama presidency is not enough to make John McCain look pretty damn good to you then you should not be calling yourself a conservative.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 7:04 PM

At the risk of raising the hackles of those that don’t read the following closely……..

There is nothing illegal about Ayers use of the flag as a doormat. It’s offensive but well within his Constitutional right to freedom of speech. One of the reasons I am against any sort of amendment “protecting” the flag is because it only give publicity to Ayers for trashing the flag when the real story here is Ayers terrorism and socialism, not the fact he disrespects the flag.

highhopes on October 9, 2008 at 7:07 PM

phil:

Oh please. The left has made movies about Bush being murdered, written books about Bush being murdered. They have fantasized about it and in general acted like a bunch of hateful little ghouls and now that an African American is running on the Democratic ticket, anyone who does not like him is a bigot who wants him dead.

Projection, that is the psychological term that applies here.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 7:04 PM

I might be able to handle it if McCain had a record of working with blue dogs, but he trumpets his work with Ted Kennedy and Russ Feingold.

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Sigh. If that is the best mud you have, you are sorely mistaken.

Obama has shown his birth certificate to many many people:

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM

flyfisher:

McCain trumpets his record of working with both sides, and in a general election he has to do that. If the only people who vote for him are conservative Republicans he really will lose.

And Obama is doing the same sort of thing. Notice how moderate he is trying to make himself look and sound right now. Do you think that is real? I don’t.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Socialism über alles!!!

We deserve our leaders, as does every populace.

Kristen Powers just said Ayers is a guy Obama “barely knew.”

BuckeyeSam on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Funny, but Michelle Obama didn’t say that at all. She said, paraphrased, that “the country knows this, Brarack has been fully vetted, and the country wants to talk about something else”. I saw this on CNN last night, in response to a question to her about how she felt about Sarah Palin having referred to the association.

Entelechy on October 9, 2008 at 7:19 PM

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Yes, there is a case but it might be decided after the election, possibly dragging the country into a huge period of even more uncertainty. Why not preempt it all, if all is lacrima cristi? The certificate is not the issue. Many other docs requested, but not provided. However, give it up. It’s all futile for now, even though it won’t go away.

Entelechy on October 9, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 7:04 PM

It’s not the only reason but the presence of Palin or any real conservative on the ticket stems from McCain’s need to shore up support among the GOP base who don’t agree with McCain on most issues outside Iraq. It was the inclusion of Palin that got the grassroots excited in supporting the ticket beyond “holding their nose” and voting for McCain on a particular day in November. McCain needed and needs the party faithful to get out the vote and he was failing in energizing the base until he finally respected them enough to put a conservative on the ticket.

Well duh! Her inclusion on the ticket was a calculated choice that (by design or not) paid off but it was a choice made by McCain and his creepy wife. Where I’d take exception with your comments is that it was the voters in Alaska that gave her the chance which got her noticed in the halls of DC.

If elected, McCain will do what he has always done. Ignore the GOP base and work with Kennedy, Feingold, and Reid. The role of real Republicans (no matter who is elected in November) is to be the creative and vocal voice of honesty to defeat the liberalism of Obama or McCain when it comes to social issues.

Either an incredibly moronic statement or a gross revision of the facts. The conservative vote was split among Romney, Thompson, and faux-conservatives like Huckabee. McCain had little opposition and won by the split among social conservatives- not for the socialcons failing to come up with the votes. They came up with the votes in droves but under several different candidates allowing for McCain to slither to the top of the party’s ticket even though he has no right to be there if based on principle and party support.

John McCain doesn’t look “pretty damned good” he just looks better than the alternative. Obama is wrong for America but that doesn’t make McCain the right choice just slightly less wrong. Real conservatives are being asked to make a sacrifice of principle here and vote for McCain despite the fact that they don’t agree with him on a majority of issues. You are pretty damned arrogant to suggest that they should be happy they are prostituting themselves because the other guy is worse. You need to thank real Republicans for putting the nation first and then simply STFU.

highhopes on October 9, 2008 at 7:25 PM

flyfisher:

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Of course it’s not real. He is as phony as a football bat. McCain’s problem is that he really is the moderate he purports to be.

Where is the evidence that a candidate who really ran as a conservative right winger would lose? The last one who tried it, Ronaldus Magnus, won twice. I contend that the properly delivered conservative message is still a winner in America.

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 7:27 PM

McCain doesn’t need to become personally infuriated (“I’m mad~!...”), but needs to hone his ability (or his speechwriter’s ability) to deliver rapier-like blows to Obama’s inflated sense of himself.

(Wit will work against this pompous poseur, while Palin can go the outrage route.)

Something like:

There’s a lot of talk about ‘racism’ being throw around by our opponents. Meanwhile, Obama like to say he’s the first post-racial candidate… And. of course, anybody who disagrees with him is a racist.”

Barry can’t take being mocked.

It’s the thin-ness of his skin, not its color, that matters.

profitsbeard on October 9, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Sigh. If that is the best mud you have, you are sorely mistaken.

Obama has shown his birth certificate to many many people:

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM

I was about to feel a little better and then I saw you referenced factcheck.org and well they ahve NO CREDIBIlITY anymore!

nice try though…I guess…

CCRWM on October 9, 2008 at 7:30 PM

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM

The full name of FactCheck.org is The Annenberg Political Fact Check.

The Annenberg Political Fact Check is part of the Annenberg Public Policy Center.

Also part of the Annenberg Public Policy Center was the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which was founded by William Ayers, and to which he recruited the young Barack Obama. This was Barack Obama’s first big-boy job.

Beat that.

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Barry can’t take being mocked.

It’s the thin-ness of his skin, not its color, that matters.

profitsbeard on October 9, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Reminds me of some ads I saw with Paris Hilton and the O a wwhile back…What happened to the mockery anyway?

darii on October 9, 2008 at 7:33 PM

CCRWM on October 9, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Precisely!

The truth about Factcheck.org

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 7:33 PM

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 7:33 PM

This seems to be the essence of liberal fact checking in this election: “Did Obama ever say anything which contradicts this accusation? He did? Well then, it must be a false accusation.”

Why do I feel like ending this comment with a statement like “we’re screwed”? Sigh.

darii on October 9, 2008 at 7:37 PM

So you are really trying to tell me that FactCheck.org teamed up with Obama to make up a fake birth certificate and took a picture of it in their hands to dupe an entire country?

Is Snopes.com good enough? Or are they also somehow randomly connected to Obama and in the running to dupe everybody?

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:39 PM

video naming names http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=192423

Tazz 55 on October 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM

When is someone going to ask the question “Are Democrats cheering the economic crisis?”

Connie on October 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM

You going to Sarah’s rally in Richmond, VA on Monday?

Brat on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Actually the morning rally in Virginia Beach, where they both will be in attendance. Regardless of that, I’ll be trying to get the point home. Dynamics of large crowds (Ahem, which it will be because Sarah will be there)are unpredictable.

This will be fun.

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 7:44 PM

video naming names http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=192423

Tazz 55 on October 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM

This needs to be a theme for the next 3 weeks. Name names.

Highlight that Pelosi said “no witch hunts” and say you’ll demand investigations and prosecutions.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 7:45 PM

video naming names http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=192423

Tazz 55 on October 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Boy oh boy, McCain does not like talking about this. He does not like going after Democrats.

spmat on October 9, 2008 at 7:46 PM

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Nope. Ya know who/would be “good enough?” Barack Hussein Obama. And his birth certificate. To a judge. How about that. Would that be okay with you? Seems so, since that’s what McCain did for your side… got cleared in a court. So yeah, I’m gonna need more than a website named Factcheck.org’s say so. But thanks for playing.

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 7:46 PM

spmat on October 9, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Yep. I thought that too. He didn’t want to name names at all.

But he needs to. And tie Acorn to Obama and how he sued to get subprime loans.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 7:46 PM

I didn’t know I had a ‘side’ and that it was against McCain.

I’m sure though this entire time Obama was being devious as he got into the state senate, then into the US senate, and that announcement in the newspaper was also an elaborate setup.

There are enough things to go after Obama for. Picking on something childish like this (coupled with how you decided I was on a ‘side’) only shows how narrow-minded you are.

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Oh, and maybe you’re not aware, but they weren’t pc in 1961, and Negro was used to name the race of black people, not “african” which is what Obama’s forged birth certificate says… And since Obama hasn’t released his medical records yet, there really IS no way to confirm his birthplace, other than court, that is.

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 7:56 PM

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:52 PM

So, websites are your source for facts?

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 7:59 PM

I wonder what the modern equivalent of a Tar and Feathering is?

Dreadnought223 on October 9, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Most of the people on my “side” don’t usually trust the word of websites. I’m sorry if I put you in that category erroneously.

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Sigh. If that is the best mud you have, you are sorely mistaken.

Obama has shown his birth certificate to many many people:

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM

Then please explain why the Obama campaign is fighting so hard to get Berg v Obama dismissed, instead of simply faxing the judge the REAL birth certificate?

If there is nothing there, why fight against it so hard? Give the guy the Birth certificate and its all over…

Makes no sense from a legal, or financial viewpoint.

Romeo13 on October 9, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Picking on something childish like this (coupled with how you decided I was on a ’side’) only shows how narrow-minded you are.

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 7:52 PM

It’s childish to want proof he’s a citizen of the U.S., making him eligible for the most powerful job in the world? Well, since I learned that most basic law in elementary school, I guess it is childish. Still needs to be answered though.

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Romeo13 on October 9, 2008 at 8:03 PM

I must have missed something along the way. Berg v. Obama? Have a link handy?

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Obamacrimes.com

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 8:16 PM

It is believed Obama is an “illegal alien”

Obama: Doing the job American’s won’t do…

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Since yesterday, I drove from S. Fla to West NC, taking backroads through Ga., SC and NC. I went through many small towns and cities. In the 600 mi. trip I kept track of how many yard signs and bumper stickers I saw… I lost count of the McCain ones and only saw 1 Obama sticker. Looks like once you get out in the countryside Obama has little support..
Sure made me feel alot better, and brought me a renewed confidence that Mac will win!

Fires1 on October 9, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Damit McCaine stop this BS about working together, Bush tried that and the Dems shoved it up his poop shoot. Last year we screamed about closeing the border and build a fence. The money was alloted and the Dems gutted the money just like this bail out bill. They are not nice people and they will cut your throat, John. STOP this nice guy crap and nail them to the wall. Get a pair of gonads between your legs and act like the man I know you are for Christ sake.

mixplix on October 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Sure keep your attention on the red herring. Like I said, his passport must be a fake, and he must have used that fake while in the state and federal senate.

Yes lets just focus our energy on conspiracy theories while yelling at anybody that goes against it as ‘on the other side’

Lets throw out the Manchurian Candidate theory too while we are at it.

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Fires1 on October 9, 2008 at 8:25 PM

THANK YOU. It is almost depressing here in SE VA, all I saw for the longest time were Obama signs. Its getting better in the last two weeks or so, but it is still hard to decipher.

Califemme, thank you as well.

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Califemme on October 9, 2008 at 8:16 PM

And right because it must be on a website it must be fake. And if its not on Fox News it must be fake by MSM.

Stop blaming everything on everyone else and note that McCain is a former shell of himself (best shown by his need for a ‘weekend break’).

Of course irony of all ironies you throw out a website yourself :)

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 8:34 PM

You have to love Satan’s black humor and cynicism. Instead of the first black president being the descendant of a black African slave it will be the descendant of a black African Muslim slaver.

BL@KBIRD on October 9, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Drudge has a developing story headline from Washington Post, that Obama was secretly trying to keep troops in Iraq until he was elected.

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Califemme, Obamacrimes has an issue. Never seent this kind of crap before. Almost looks like a hatchet job on the site.

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 145
Table ‘./boom_obamacrimes_com/jos_session’ is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( ’8278c74ed82c39a5854ed9b39faa45a4′,’1223598876′,”,’0′,’1′,’0′ )

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Oops, Washington times story, not Washington Post.

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Heh – not everything is a conspiracy. I’m a comp eng – the website operator is using a simple MySQL database that got too much traffic, resulted in too many INSERTs into the table, and got corrupted.

Just a problem of scale.

A Axe on October 9, 2008 at 8:45 PM

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Wasn’t this news in the blogosphere a couple of months ago? It’d be great if this would break into the MSM. Will they consider the Washington Times a “legitimate” source and run the story as well?

Marybeth on October 9, 2008 at 8:52 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

We’ll give him a towel and thank God the USA is still intact.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

You are the one that brought up blood on the hands….
I don’t wish ill on anyone, even worthless politicians.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 8:53 PM

But McCain, my friends, you see, we need to work together.

Screw working together.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 5:23 PM

I’m always amused about by the “let’s get the politicians to work together for us” crowd.

The left and the right have very different ideas which direction the country should take. And for the last couple of decades working together as almost always meant surrendering conservative positions to the left.

Conservatives seriously need to learn how to play this game like the left does – yes, yes *say* the right words about working together and then FIGHT for your beliefs.

18-1 on October 9, 2008 at 9:01 PM

hoosiermama on October 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM

People may have missed your very interesting post;

“HUD Declines To Discuss Illegal Mortgages”

2.3M to 5M mortgages held by illegals. Congress needs to call the Chairman of HUD in for a grilling, as well and he better not start off telling us how the illegals are “good, hard working people,” either!

Star20 on October 9, 2008 at 9:03 PM

I also think it’s time to elect people on the basis of what laws they will support repealing! Except for tort reform,, IT IS TIME TO STOP PASSING NEW LAWS! We don’t need anymore new laws! We need to begin repealing all the bad laws that have been passed the last 25 years!

The Democrat communist left never lack for vision! The future Republican party, the New Republican party,, needs to get a vision for repealing laws and reducing or eliminating many government departments!
Everything from the bailout to social security can be fixed with enough of the right people elected. The answer will always be the same,,, elect enough of the right people and start repealing these bad laws!! We have to stop asking politicians that are running for office what new laws they will support! We have to begin demanding of them what laws they intend to repeal!
Noah Webster: Let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers just men who will rule in the fear of God [Exodus 18:21]. . . . If the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted . . . If our government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the Divine commands, and elect bad men to make and administer the laws. [Noah Webster, The History of the United States (New Haven: Durrie and Peck, 1832), pp. 336-337, 49]

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 9:04 PM

What are the goals of Communism? How many of those goals have been achieved within the United States?

Below you will find the goals of Communism as stated by W. Cleon Skousen, from his book “The Naked Communist.” Skousen worked for the FBI for 16 years, taught at the university level, served as a Chief of Police in Salt Lake City and was a Field Director for the American Security Council in Chicago. His book was deemed so important that the excerpt below was actually read into the United States Congressional Record on January 10, 1963.

As you read the goals set forth below, ask yourself two questions. (1) Has this goal been achieved within the United States? (2) If so, which political party pushed this goal toward completion?

You might also ask yourself which goals have yet to be achieved and which political party is working toward fulfillment of the remaining few?

==================================================================

Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35

January 10, 1963

Current Communist Goals

EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963

Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.

At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:

[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]

CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS

1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.

2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.

3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.

4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.

5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.

6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.

7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.

8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.

9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.

10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.

11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)

12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.

13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.

14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.

15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.

17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.

18. Gain control of all student newspapers.

19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.

20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.

21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.

22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”

23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”

24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.

25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.

26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”

29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”

31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.

32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.

33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.

34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.

36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.

37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.

38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].

39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.

40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.

41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.

42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.

43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.

44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.

45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.

Congressional Record, Vol. 109
88th Congress, 1st Session
Appendix Pages A1-A2842
Jan. 9-May 7, 1963

(from the book)
“The Naked Communist” by: W. Cleon Skousen
Salt Lake City, Utah: Ensign Publishing Co.
C. 1961 , 9th edition July 1961.

Maxx on October 9, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Fires1 on October 9, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Speaking of bumper stickers, I’ve seen plenty for Obama. The odd thing is they are all on SUVs. Didn’t Obama have something to say about people who drive SUVs?

18-1 on October 9, 2008 at 9:08 PM