Townhall voter to McCain: “I’m mad! I’m really mad!”

posted at 3:50 pm on October 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Fox cut away at the end right before the next questioner pressed McCain on Obama’s associations. Read Ben Smith to see how that went; the boss is underwhelmed. I watched a bit from earlier in the townhall while cutting the clip and what McCain says here is true — people were yelling about ACORN during every pause. He finally gratifies them with a little outrage near the end.

Note his preface to those comments, though: “We’ve got to act together because all of us are Americans first.” I get the sense Maverick’s not entirely thrilled with the tone these events have taken. As I write this, the Dow’s down 650 and counting.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

At this same event, in response to a question from a woman who is a real estate broker, he calls out Dodd and Frank by name and lays the blame for this financial mess at the feet of the Dems. Rush played the clip earlier today…

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM

But we’re much better served with the base angry (the usual term is “fired up”) and Palin and other surrogates taking point on the attack.

Really.

It’s McCain’s job to look Presidential.

ClintACK on October 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Conventional wisdom suggests as much, but I don’t think it’s accurate this time. People are mad, and if McCain isn’t also and continues talking about amorphous “corruption” while continuing with business as usual advocating bipartisanship and promoting socialist programs of his own, it only makes him appear out of touch rather than presidential.

FloatingRock on October 9, 2008 at 4:20 PM

I want McCain to have that passion the gentleman from the audience demonstrated. Of course we are pissed off.

jencab on October 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Set for 10/29

toliver on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Obama is gonna wish me happy birthday!

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM

I’m going to get a crack at it on Monday’s rally. I might just get a chant started along the lines of stand and fight.

He needs to, or we are all screwed.

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Marine…try to get ‘Cuda’s stance on immigration….then, lambast McCain on his “God’s children” that are costing us aobut $53 billion a year. Tell him, we have had enough. It is time to stop paying for illegal aliens.

Tell him to unleash hell.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM

This sucked. Is this when McCain named names? The guy was pissed about democrats-socialists and McCain responds that he’ll work with them? WTF?

Please tell me there is a better clip somewhere. Please.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

NO IT’S NOT

For some reason, nobody seems to want to highlight McCain’s answer on that except for Limbaugh on his radio show.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Raaaacists!

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

ich bein racist!

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM

600 freakin’ points.

Hmmm…

*nervously eyes bunker*

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM

With another crash on the close.

McCain can’t win it or lose it in one day – at least not this day.

Notice how every time he takes a step towards greater anger or harsher attacks, the “base,” or at least the most vocal members of it, yell “MORE! LOUDER!” He’s got to ride this wave, not watch it crash with him in it.

Give him a break – NO ONE can predict the the emotions of a mob with a million members. Furthermore, if he wins, he’s wants to have something left to govern, and some way to govern it. It’s a lot easier for Barack Obama, who presumes that upon victory he’ll have both houses of Congress also under control – and a mandate to govern from the left. Mav COULD roll the dice on a massive wave reversing every historical pattern and prognostication, and sweeping the Dems out instead – but the odds of that are pretty damn low. You’d have to take the anger at this Townhall and multiply it by around 100 or so, I’d estimate.

And give him credit. It’s not just lame bipartisanship or even the tactic of winning from the center. When he says country first he means it. It suits him and I think it suits us to have him as the “steady hand” the country turns to, not the rabble rouser who blows it all to smithereens. He’s not goint to be responsible for tearing the country apart, just to gain power.

Could get there, I guess. Not yet.

CK MacLeod on October 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Obama purchases half hour of primetime on CBS, also in talks with FOX, NBC… DEVELOPING…

WTH??? Probably got a discount rate from them too, that Saudi money really coming in handy

jp on October 9, 2008 at 4:23 PM

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Yep. And then he talked about ACORN. 10 states, more registered voters than actual voters, multiple registrations for the same name.

The guy hit all the high points.

but you “conservatives” just will never be satisfied until they see Obama sitting at that desk in the Oval Office.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Set for 10/29

toliver on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Obama is gonna wish me happy birthday!

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM

10/29′s my birthday, too. Wonderful day in history… Oh boy.

CK MacLeod on October 9, 2008 at 4:23 PM

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Chicken, how much play is that going to get in the MSM. None. Zip.

Now, he needs to name names during say, a more prominent place and time, when all the networks are broadcasting a big gathering. Say, I have it. Name names at the debate in a clean, concise manner that even the One cannot debunk.
And have an answer when the One says it was about the “deregulation” talking point.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Obama is gonna do some “amazing speech” laying out a New Deal…the press will declare it the best speech ever and then they will be out there with the push polls showing a huge Obama bounce.

Count on it

lodge on October 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM

CNN doesnt have a WORD about ACORN on their fornt website page..but they do mention Tina Fey and Todd Palin. Media in America is gone..I call on fox to expand to 4 channels and also to put out a USA Today type format newspaper which is tailored to local markets.

malkinmania on October 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM

“Astroturfers” is a racial-code word, too. – wardrobedoor on October 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Actually, “Nappy-Headed Astroturfing Ho’s” is racist.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I wonder how many undecideds even know what socialism is.

mtbunji on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

He needs to, or we are all screwed.

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Please do!

CP on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Call me crazy……. (not the first time)………..

….. but, I think this is McCain/Palin’s strategy……..

Bear with me here.

Allow the constituents to bring up these questions, wherein they can then respond accordingly…..

So that, when the MSM starts ragging on them for it, they can just say, “We didn’t ask that question, we simply responded to a question from one of the rallies. People are concerned about it and they should be.”

Don’t believe me?

It already happened.

Didn’t you catch that in one of Palin’s interviews?

I forget which is was, but it was in the last few days.

– Treasure hunt ahead for those who didn’t catch this -

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

And the Dow has what to do with this?

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Ever considered that investor are getting out of the market because of the BailOut and Socialistic attacks against Wall Street and CEO’s. They know what’s coming.

Egfrow on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Please tell me there is a better clip somewhere. Please.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

He did. You are just not getting the clip here. He called out Dodd, Frank and the Dems for the financial crisis…

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

DRUDGE:

toliver on October 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM

The buy will push comedy “The New Adventures of Old Christine” to 8:30 p.m. and pre-empt “Gary Unmarried.”

Hey… don’t ever say Obama didn’t do anything good for you.

Abby Adams on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

This ain’t exactly a secret but still should be said…

McCain goes all-in next Tuesday

Tongueboy on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

You think McCain would have gotten how his “base” is pissed off by now, but he still goes back to DC and surrounds himself with the “handlers”…………

SIT DOWN JOHN!!!!!!!

Let Sarah win this for you, I and a legion of people are voting for HER, NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you finally get it today?

Seven Percent Solution on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

You going to Sarah’s rally in Richmond, VA on Monday?

Brat on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

The thing is, if McCain were to get the Freddie Fannie Name Game going, Republicans could not only win the White House, but sweep both houses as well, under the banner of sweeping out corruption.

I think the line about it’s not an economic crisis, it’s a socialist crisis fits the bills perfectly.

Queen0fCups on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

jp on October 9, 2008 at 4:23 PM

I just saw that. Geez. Well, Sean Hannity can interview McCain again for one-half hour. No problem. It’s called Hannity’s America.

Well, sounds to me that Obama’s just trying to bankrupt McCain’s campaign just like the DEMS have bankrupted the country. They’re trying to snuff him out by hook or crook.

I want McCain to kick his a$$ in Tuesday’s debate.

Oink on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Abby Adams on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

But really… why is Obama doing this? This is what Perot did in 1992. Why is Obama running Perot’s campaign? Is this how a candidate sure of victory acts?

Abby Adams on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Actually, “Nappy-Headed Astroturfing Ho’s” is racist.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Is that Al Sharlaton banging at your door, Manly? You will never work in uh, blog, uh….never mind.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Mr. Joe on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I am mad as hell too. I am a conservative, but I also recognize that we are in a situation that has not good answer by truly conservative means. That is because we waited too damned long to solve the problem and now the federal government is the only organization with the resources to keep us out of a depression.

Yes, my instinct is to tell the companies to live with their greed. The problem is that the companies will squeeze every one of is until we choke on their way down. How many of you have had a credit card company PURPOSELY wait to post your payment so they can hit you with a late charge and raise your interest? It has happened to me more than once. There is a LOT of dirty business going on and we have let it go on much too long.

I think it is time to tell the Republicans they really need to work at being apologetically conservative and clean house big time.

Hawthorne on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

malkinmania on October 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Seriously, I’m with you. At least if Fox isn’t going to, there’s gotta be some other conservative billionaires out there who could start something up or buy out some channels or something.

CP on October 9, 2008 at 4:27 PM

McCain goes all-in next Tuesday

Tongueboy on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

tuesday is the debate?

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Off topic:

I’m wondering if this is for real…

Big S on October 9, 2008 at 4:27 PM

I wish I’d have been there. I’m mad as Hell myself. My company is about to be acquired by a larger rival and I’ll be laid off after the new year. Half the positions I’ve applied for at other companies have been put on hold due to the economy. I want the blood of the GD clowns in CONgress who created this mess. I’m sick and tired of them NEVER being held accountable and NEVER willing to accept responsibility for their actions. I want Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Charles Schumer, Franklin Raines, Maxine Waters, and a room full of other economic illiterates strung up along PA Ave.

DerKrieger on October 9, 2008 at 4:27 PM

This ain’t exactly a secret but still should be said…

McCain goes all-in next Tuesday

Tongueboy on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

And I believe he has “a real hand!”

Oink on October 9, 2008 at 4:27 PM

malkinmania on October 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Call it: Fox USA

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Allah cuts these things, doesn’t he? If he did, why didn’t he cut it?

I need to see what he said, how he said it. Etc.

If it’s going to be a real talking point, not a single mention cuz he’s forced to at some town hall.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Correction: down 679 points.

*peers nervously from bunker with hand on claymore switch*

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

I sure hope you are being sarcastic.

Hawthorne on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

I’ll repeat it again, since McCain seems to be reveling in the ugly and lynch mob-like tone his rallies are taking on: if anything happens to Senator Obama, McCain has blood on his hands.

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Please tell me there is a better clip somewhere. Please.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Go here.
There is a link to the audio and instruction on where to find the section

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Off topic:

I’m wondering if this is for real…

Big S on October 9, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Yep, true.

Oink on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Thanks, philnewkirk, we needed that laugh! That was perfect!

Queen0fCups on October 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM

McCain is as exciting as watching the grass grow.

How can he get the voters fired-up when the elecrified electorate can’t get HIM fired-up??!!??

pherrman on October 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

We’ll give him a towel and thank God the USA is still intact.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Allah cuts these things, doesn’t he? If he did, why didn’t he cut it?

I need to see what he said, how he said it. Etc.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

See above. Rush played the cuts today. I have no idea why AP didn’t include it. I guess it wouldn’t fit with his Dow comment…

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

What is WITH you? Take your racist accusations elsewhere DOLT. >:-{

Oink on October 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM

He already has his own channel on Dish Network, and the MSM nets might as well add his O logo next to theirs, so what’s the diff.

Brat on October 9, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Mav has no problem taking on the religious right but not the far-left loons! Dear god how did we nominate this guy!

lodge on October 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Uh, ironically enough, the religious right had A LOT to do with McCain getting the nomination…

SuperCool on October 9, 2008 at 4:31 PM

OOOO…. I see the trolls are coming out. Getting a bit nerve-wracking for them I think.

Oink on October 9, 2008 at 4:31 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

You’re a moron.

And yes I will say it:

You are not to speak. I don’t like you.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Reminds me of Blazing Saddles…

Gabby Johnson: I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin’ bushwackin’, hornswagglin’ cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.

Olson Johnson: [trying to convince everyone to stay in Rock Ridge] What are we made of? Our fathers came across the prairies… fought Indians… fought drought, fought locusts, fought Dix… remember when Richard Dix tried to take over this town? Well we didn’t give up then… and by gum, we’re not gonna give up now!

Claypigeon on October 9, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Everytime “Hussein” or “terrorist” or “socialist” or “traitor” is mentioned in the same sentence as Obama, a swing/indie voter moves further and further left.

cornfedbubba on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

…and they talk about an uninformed electorate! They’re not the least bit out of touch…this shows that they know exactly what they’re getting….

“We’ve got to act together because all of us are Americans first.”

…does that mean that you make common cause with, say, David Duke? Duke’s an American…an accident of geography, but true nonetheless….

…do we make common cause with Louis Farrakhan? Farrakhan seems to have no earthly idea what it means to be an American, has little use for tolerance, and is a race pimp of legendary proportions, but he’s technically an American….

…then, we could enlist the ironically named Don Black of Stormfront, a site encapsulating Hannah Arendt’s banality of evil…an American…down in sunny Florida, I think….

ororrrrrrrrrrrr…we could choose our friends more carefully, and recognize — as George W. never did — that having some folks on your team is an invitation to colonic blockage in the body politic…

…this mania for allowing people with politically abhorrent and nationally destructive prejudices, histories and agendas is eating the McCain team from within, it would seem…there are such things as enemies, you know…and the old maxim about “…but keep enemies closer” doesn’t mean that you empower, enable, and arm them, and then turn your back as they eat your children.

…it means keep the crosshairs on ‘em….

Puritan1648 on October 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

The lynch mob is based on your boy Hussein and crack pots like you and nothing McCain has said. Run, hide since we can’t be held responsible for you and the rest of the socialists trying to destroy this nation. Run!!!!!!

Hening on October 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM

I wonder how many undecideds voters even know what socialism is.

mtbunji on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

fixed it for you

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Obama knows he’s not closing, his 30 minute propaganda buy is an attempt to swing polls in last week

jp on October 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM

This ain’t exactly a secret but still should be said…

McCain goes all-in next Tuesday

Tongueboy on October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I call………… show me your cards. I believe you are bluffing, “Mr. My Friends…”

Unless he is willing to spell out how the Democrats have caused a world wide panic and the collapse of the American financial system by loaning a Trillion dollars of money to people who could not pay it back in the form of “social engineering” and votes, made millions on the deal and are getting away scott free, names “names”, calls for arrests, or testify under oath and the penalty of purgery, then you have no hand “My Friend….”…………..

Seven Percent Solution on October 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM

McCain really could have got in there and said some good stuff at the debate and he didn’t.

Instead he reinforced an entitlement and for his gimme question at the end – a perfect lead in for Ayers and Alinsky – he gave a speech about serving his country.

The question was in essence, ‘what don’t you know’? McCain could have said there’s a lot I don’t know; the last person to know everything was Sir Francis Bacon and that was a LONG time ago. So I surround myself with honourable people, smart people, etc. Obama, however, counts among his inner circle a man who presided over a $3 billion misstatement of Fannie Mae earnings, and a man who doesn’t regret setting bombs in the 60′s and would do more.

Whose advisers would you want giving council to the next President?

I think that might have sewn it up.

So now he’s on the stump and he’s still a reluctant hitter a little bit, pulling punches. Saw on Drudge but can’t get to the article, something I long suspected – apparently there’s about 5 million fraudulent loans to illegals. I don’t know about you guys, but our hard earned nest egg is down by something like 25%; I just can’t bear to check it again. I am furious, absolutely white hot furious. I’m stuck sitting on my hands while Congress passes bailout pork I don’t want and delinquent homeowners get the moon.

Yet McCain can’t get it in him enough to say ‘when I’m in charge there’s going to be hearings and investigations into Fannie and Freddie and it stops NOW’. Gosh almighty, he needs to step it up a notch.

linlithgow on October 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Call it: Fox USA

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

How about The American Times…? I think that’d be a good name.

CP on October 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM

This and future elections are going to be those that pay taxes vs. those that pay little to none and receive “freebies” from the government. The list of dependents grows every year. We’re being enslaved by our fellow citizens.

DerKrieger on October 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Hehehehehehehe….now you just KNOW that ol’ phil is trolling for remarks.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM

I’m beginning to think that McCain is incapable of the reform he promises. He’s more interested in getting along. We’re screwed either way. It’s now a matter of degree.

chalons on October 9, 2008 at 4:38 PM

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Last time I spoke with you you had to bring the husband to the hospital. Is everything okay?

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 4:38 PM

McCain is going to lose if the only solution he has to lift up our spirits in these economically troubling times is to demonize a patriot like Senator Obama and his wonderful and intelligent family. – philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

If the letters in Phil’s screen name are carefully re-arranged, they spell A-L-P-H-I-E

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 4:40 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Wow. Just wow. phil most certainly welcomes his socialist overlords.

And they call us sheep.

techno_barbarian on October 9, 2008 at 4:41 PM

philnewJerk is the local comedian. I actually laugh out loud at some of its comments and the responses. “Blood on his hands….”, “hand him a towel….” Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Vince on October 9, 2008 at 4:41 PM

About 40% into this he answers a womans question whether he’d hold the people responsible for this. This is when he names Dodd and Frank http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/newstogo/30696559.html?video=pop&t=a

Tazz 55 on October 9, 2008 at 4:41 PM

…a patriot like Senator Obama and his wonderful and intelligent family.

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

…your sense of irony borders on genius….

…oh…you’re serious….

…reach up your own ass…grab yourself by the tongue…pull yourself back right-side out again….

Puritan1648 on October 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM

if anything happens to Senator Obama, McCain has blood on his hands.

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

That’s just wishful thinking

Vashta.Nerada on October 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM

McCain needs to call Obama out in the debates–the Democrats forcing Fannie and Freddie to make the bad loans, the Ayers/Annenberg connection, ACORN, the whole nine yards.

McCain seems to be a little like George W. Bush–a decent speaker in front of a friendly, cheering crowd, but hesitant in front of a large TV audience. He needs to bring what he says on the campaign trail to the debate, and to TV interviews.

Maybe the old pro needs to get fire in the belly from a younger woman: Sarah Palin!

Steve Z on October 9, 2008 at 4:43 PM

I saw the clip at lunch today.
I did not see if anyone mentioned this or not, but during the rallys for McCain the people chant USA, USA, USA.
At the rallys for Obama they Chant O-ba-ma, O-ba-ma.
I guess that pretty much sums it up. McCain and his supporters are for the country and Obama and his supporters are for Obama.

Guest1.1 on October 9, 2008 at 4:43 PM

There has been an ongoing fight in the Seattle area, with similarities to what we’re seeing in general. A local leftist organization wanted to put a homeless tent camp on public land, and they were poised to do it with the support of the Democrat King County government (they had previously only been allowed on private land, like church property – this was and is being advanced by an ACORN-like group, dedicated to forcing homeless issues into the public and especially into wealthy areas – they’re called SHARE/WHEEL).

When it was discovered what their plan was, the people who lived nearby the proposed site went CRAZY. They called the King County councilwoman (a Democrat) who represented them into a meeting at a church, and one man in particular absolutely LOST it. His rant was on television, and he became somewhat of a local celebrity (he’s a very cool guy, btw, I’ve met him several times), and people who were more mild-mannered and reserved rallied behind him.

The Democrat councilwoman looked absolutely shell-shocked. I don’t think she had ever really been confronted before.

Long story short: The neighborhood home owners were able to keep this group off of public property – a major victory (though in Seattle, the same group persists in this “goal” today).

Some people will ridicule this man from Wisconsin (already happening on YouTube), but it’s this type of fire and passion that can wake conservative people from their slumber to oppose the things liberals are pushing on them at every level of government.

Having seen it myself locally, I can say this sort of thing can be REALLY good.

capitalist piglet on October 9, 2008 at 4:43 PM

I think John McCain needs to stop talking about what John McCain wants to talk about and start talking about what the voters want to talk about.

You’ve got that right!!!

EasyEight on October 9, 2008 at 4:43 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

You’re sick.

capitalist piglet on October 9, 2008 at 4:44 PM

I’m sick and tired of all the tepid BS coming from McCain. He needs to get angry and call Obama out for his deceptions. He needs to quit worrying about Democrats calling him a racist and unload on these bastards.

jonezee on October 9, 2008 at 4:46 PM

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 4:38 PM

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:46 PM

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Lay off the pipe, funky.

We’re voting for the guy,(okay, probably not phil) but if he can’t connect with indies and Blue Dog Dems and the undecideds, energize the people that aren’t part of the base (another segment of the voting public he wasn’t able to energize until he brought Palin onboard) he’s gonna get his clock cleaned on election day.

Right now the guy’s exhibiting all the energy of Chernobyl…15 years after the meltdown.

That doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in undecideds and motivate them to cast their ballot for him.

SuperCool on October 9, 2008 at 4:47 PM

KEWL !!
I just watched this broadcast here in Texas.

pambi on October 9, 2008 at 4:48 PM

“I’m mad! I’m really mad!”

Describes my mood to a tee. The economy is going south, the corporate giveaway passed last Friday didn’t even slow the decline. Yet less than a month away from the elections and our “leaders” are putting up ads about how erratic McCain is or just when Obama first met his terrorist buddy Ayers.

highhopes on October 9, 2008 at 4:48 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Hogwash!

That comment is typical of the brain dead, left wing, slimy slugs that surround and support Obama.

rplat on October 9, 2008 at 4:49 PM

…if anything happens to Senator Obama, McCain has blood on his hands.

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

…egads, man…sit down before you’re overcome by the vapors!

Throttle back the hyperbole….

…Obama sat in a pew for 20 years listening to “preaching” which made the revelations of Mr. McCain’s team look like mother’s milk to straight whiskey! Many of his mentors, political enablers, gurus and sidekicks advocated the overthrow — violent if necessary — of this nation….

…and here you are worried, even predicting, that somebody might — heaven forbid — take their some sort of action against him….

…it makes for dramatic copy, but it adds nothing to the national discussion….

Puritan1648 on October 9, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Thanks for asking, Manly. No, we have a night clinic thru our doctor so you don’t have to go to the ER. He had a very bad sinus infection. A couple of days later, I came down with bronchitis. Have missed my HA buddies. – HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:46 PM

I’d bring you chicken soup if I could, but I can’t. Sorry.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM

linlithgow on October 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM

He did. Today. In Wisconsin in answer to an excellent question from a realtor.

Just because allahpundit doesn’t post video doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Limbaugh played it 3 times in a row.

And then went back to his kneejerk insults towards McCain. But the answer was awesome. Surely somebody will post the video, right? Since it was what people really are hungering to hear?

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM

I’d bring you chicken soup if I could, but I can’t. Sorry.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Feeling much better, but thanks for offer. If you were in Texas….we’d be ‘state’ neighbors.

These are scary times, Manly.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:52 PM

. . . Here’s an unconventional idea: How about dealing with the economy you *^*%&%^ morons! Yeah that other stuff is significant but I’m more interested in knowing just how you idiots plan on dealing with the economic concerns of ordinary Americans.

highhopes on October 9, 2008 at 4:48 PM

The solution is find the guilty bastards and jail them but keep the damn government and its parasitic politicians out of our free market. And that includes Obama and McCain.

rplat on October 9, 2008 at 4:52 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

You forgot the sarc tag.
That was funny, a little black humor (excuse the pun), but still funny.
I remember someone posting the same (as a sarcastic remark also) when the liberals were trying to destroy our monuments, conservative voters were being beat up, liberal professors claiming their cars were “keyed” and it ended up being them, and the conservative speakers on university campuses being attacked and ran off.
I have never seen a liberal speaker at a college campus attacked by a conservative.
So your humor is right on, as sarcastic as it gets, thinking the conservatives are the threatening ones, when it has been the liberals who attack and riot…great sarcastic post.
You took the wind right out of the liberal sails…

right2bright on October 9, 2008 at 4:54 PM

You are not to speak. I don’t like you.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:33 PM

…others have mentioned it before, but this dismissive reply, with the “I don’t like you” part first, is an excellent rejoinder to the current welter of trolls.

Puritan1648 on October 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Chicken, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were an Obama voter.
‘If anyone says anything AGAINST the One’….well, we can vote for McCain and yet, not agree with how he is running his campaign.
Tell the truth. The only reason McCain is drawing the crowds and getting the conservative vote is because of Sarah.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM

PEOPLE NEED TO GET MAD ABOUT THIS GROUP. I WOULD RATHER LISTEN TO A LOOP OF THE VIDEO OF PELOSI BLAMING THIS ECONOMIC CRISIS ON BUSH ALL DAY THAN HEAR WHAT THESE ACORN FOLKS ARE DOING TO THIS ELECTION. THERE SHOULD BE NATIONAL OUTRAGE ABOUT THIS. THIS GROUP IS DESTROYING OUR DEMOCRATIC ELECTION SYSTEM.

tinatoledo31 on October 9, 2008 at 4:56 PM

At the rallys for Obama they Chant O-ba-ma, O-ba-ma.

Guest1.1 on October 9, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Great observation, missed that myself…

right2bright on October 9, 2008 at 4:56 PM

my little business which has three employees and myself, does about 1.2M a year (we even had grown this year) but with THE ONE and the socialistic democrates I really fear what may happen to my little business and am even thinking of selling it, but then what? The Mac has got to get some big ones between now and the election.

foxone on October 9, 2008 at 4:57 PM

I wonder why people are not marching on Washington and demanding several Congressmen and women be impeached or recalled.

albill on October 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM

And Limbaugh, Hannity and their corporate backers laugh all the way to the bank. “My public, my morons…”

sanguine4 on October 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

I smell astroturf! Beside, Obama has the best protection ever against assassination, JOE BIDEN!

flytier on October 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM

albill on October 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM

All the people paying their bills are working overtime.

The parasites that got these houses they couldn’t afford and are now getting a bailout are HAPPY ABOUT IT! Viva la bailout!

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM

I am underwhelmed as well.

I guess the “Socialists taking over the country” comment was a bit close to home, seeing as how McCain supported the bailout, and is now proposing the Government become your landlord and real estate agent.

Romeo13 on October 9, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Correction: down 679 points.

*peers nervously from bunker with hand on claymore switch*

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Of course, investors are afraid because the one is ahead in the polls. Once people start to know him, his poll numbers will begin to fall, and the market has an inverse relationship to the probability of an Obama win.

Vashta.Nerada on October 9, 2008 at 5:02 PM

And McCain still doesn’t get it…his “friends” sold us out, the dems sold us out and ruined our economy, or at least sat by and watched…and finally, after being publicly called out, McCain lets out a squeak.
It is hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, both parties had their convention, and not one thing was mentioned about the economic situation, not one thing…all of those “masterminds” in all of the campaigns, and not one person knew what fate was waiting two weeks later.
Unbelievable…