Townhall voter to McCain: “I’m mad! I’m really mad!”

posted at 3:50 pm on October 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Fox cut away at the end right before the next questioner pressed McCain on Obama’s associations. Read Ben Smith to see how that went; the boss is underwhelmed. I watched a bit from earlier in the townhall while cutting the clip and what McCain says here is true — people were yelling about ACORN during every pause. He finally gratifies them with a little outrage near the end.

Note his preface to those comments, though: “We’ve got to act together because all of us are Americans first.” I get the sense Maverick’s not entirely thrilled with the tone these events have taken. As I write this, the Dow’s down 650 and counting.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Um, this is the McCain from the “McCain’s Rage” ad?

saint kansas on October 9, 2008 at 3:53 PM

“Socialist” is a racially tinged word. That guy’s a racist!

wardrobedoor on October 9, 2008 at 3:53 PM

All together now: WE ARE MAD!!!!

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 3:53 PM

Lorien makes it on tv.

I agree.

Spirit of 1776 on October 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM

‘Bout time! Fight him da Chikaga way! Let’s see some blood!

Bruno Strozek on October 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM

http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/newstogo/30696559.html?video=pop&t=a audio of the meeting

Tazz 55 on October 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM

tee hee

well played Mac

Even AllahPundit thinks you’re “not happy with the tone”.

Way to look Presidential :P

YellowDawg on October 9, 2008 at 3:55 PM

And the Dow has what to do with this?

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Socialism is for republicans too. Just ask Bush and McCain.

Fletch54 on October 9, 2008 at 3:55 PM

RE: Maverick’s not entirely thrilled…

Are you getting the feeling that McCain is losing control of his gang?

Feed the beast or the beast will eat you.

rockhauler on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Palin did better at that rally than McCain, although they both got a lot of applause

Do they think they can win Wisconsin? I thought the elction was over, except for the Looming Landslide………

Janos Hunyadi on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

We ARE ALL Mad. McCain may not like the tone of these events, but will he listen?

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

This is why he’s going to lose.

McCain plays team USA, and Obama plays team Obama.

drjohn on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

74% of CEOs Believe Obama Would Be Disastrous for the Nation

Despite the answer, our supposedly impartial press seem totally disinterested in Chief Executive magazine’s just-released survey [1] which found some CEOs worried that if implemented “[Obama's] programs would bankrupt the country within three years” (emphasis added, h/t Jazz from Hell [2], photo courtesy Time.com):

Chief Executive magazine’s most recent polling of 751 CEOs shows that GOP presidential candidate John McCain is the preferred choice for CEOs. According to the poll, which is featured on the cover of Chief Executive’s most recent issue, by a four-to-one margin, CEOs support Senator John McCain over Senator Barack Obama. Moreover, 74 percent of the executives say they fear that an Obama presidency would be disastrous for the country.

“The stakes for this presidential election are higher than they’ve ever been in recent memory,” said Edward M. Kopko, CEO and Publisher of Chief Executive magazine. “We’ve been experiencing consecutive job losses for nine months now. There’s no doubt that reviving the job market will be a top priority for the incoming president. And job creating CEOs repeatedly tell us that McCain’s policies are far more conducive to a more positive employment environment than Obama’s.” [...]

“I’m not terribly excited about McCain being president, but I’m sure that Obama, if elected, will have a negative impact on business and the economy,” said one CEO voicing his lack of enthusiasm for either candidate, but particularly Obama.

In expressing their rejection of Senator Obama, some CEOs who responded to the survey went as far as to say that “some of his programs would bankrupt the country within three years, if implemented.” In fact, the poll highlights that Obama’s tax policies, which scored the lowest grade in the poll, are particularly unpopular among CEOs.

Despite the poll’s findings, from what I can tell, even though this study was disseminated by [3] PRNewswire, it has garnered very little mainstream media attention.

Think that would be the case if these business leaders were so negative about McCain’s economic policies?

No, I don’t either!

unseen on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

“That’s absolutely straight talk…”

Pasalubong on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Time for a revolution, all out balls to the wall!

if what we think is happening is really happening.

jp on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

At the RNCC, did McCain say “Stand up and fight with me” or “Stand up and dance with me.”

I forget.

BuckeyeSam on October 9, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Give the man what he wants, Yosimite Sam.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 3:57 PM

But of course! It’s not exactly the expression of bipartisan cooperation he has embraced all these years. His base has become a bucking bronco – he better get conrol of the reins quickly or he’ll get tossed and trampled.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 3:57 PM

he better get conrol of the reins quickly or he’ll get tossed and trampled.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 3:57 PM

… Does this mean we get Palin instead? If so….

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

And the Dow has what to do with this?

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Out of control rage comes to mind.

rockhauler on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

As was discussed by Maha Rushie today, the more boisterous elements in these crowds might be agents provacateurs in cahoots with Hussein or Husseinophiles in the press. Ask the boss to spring for some face recognition software, AP.

Akzed on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

This guy represents the feelings of almost everyone I know. I’ve never seen people as angry as they are now. McCain needs to get it together. His “my friends” “reach across the aisle” Senate speak has worn thin.. We need him to go after the enemy and they are his friends on the other side of the aisle.

flyfisher on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Socialism…like supporting the bailout and offering up a hollow government mortgage buyout plan? That kind of socialism?

Everytime “Hussein” or “terrorist” or “socialist” or “traitor” is mentioned in the same sentence as Obama, a swing/indie voter moves further and further left.

cornfedbubba on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

This is ridiculous. McCain has put himself in the position where he’s either got to jump in and criticize Obama for all of this himself, or risk being called out as a coward in the final debate. McCain’s biggest remaining major plus his courage and integrity, and both Obama and Biden are using this issue to claim, somewhat credibly, that he’s a two-faced chicken.

Big S on October 9, 2008 at 3:59 PM

geez folks, he’s doing what he’s supposed to do. look Presidential while everyone else takes off the gloves. cmon now, I thought we were supposed to informed people.

YellowDawg on October 9, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Banging. Head. Against. Wall.
- Michelle

If McCain doesn’t follow through, I’m probably going to join her.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Anyone got the video of the realtor where McCain named Frank and Dodd as part of the problem? This is the McCain we ahave been looking for!

ConservativePartyNow on October 9, 2008 at 4:00 PM

cornfedbubba on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

….. Yes, as the Left is the shining example of peaceful bipartisanship.

MY ARSE.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Time for a revolution, all out balls to the wall!

if what we think is happening is really happening.

jp on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

I have my pitchfork ready!!!

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I think John McCain needs to stop talking about what John McCain wants to talk about and start talking about what the voters want to talk about.

Elizabetty on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

unseen on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Meanwhile, Obama has Reid, Pelosi, Frank, and Dodd on his side.

This would be a good time for Hillary and Bill to come out and say that Hillary’s opposition research never had the time to unearth the detail on Ayers, Acorn, and the New Party and, as we all know, the media was no help. So, for the good of the country, they’re voting for McCain.

That could conceivably sent Obama to a political gulag…forever.

BuckeyeSam on October 9, 2008 at 4:02 PM

have my pitchfork ready!!!

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I got some torches…

unseen on October 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM

I love how they have Ayers’ picture with “Domestic Terrorist” underneath it up there the whole time LOL

WisCon on October 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM

600 freakin’ points.

Hmmm…

*nervously eyes bunker*

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Elizabetty on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Amen. Please save our Capitalism from these nuts Saracuda!

Dritanian on October 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM

I have my pitchfork ready!!!

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

We’re all pitchfork brigaders now!

BuckeyeSam on October 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM

This is going to turn into 1929 Munich soon enough.

grdred944 on October 9, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Hold on.

My tinfoil hat axed me:

Any chance those “questioners” “yellers” and even those “Kill him” exclaimers at Palin’s rally are ObamaPlants stirring up or can I say “inciting” trouble so the drive-bys can report on that or even cause McCain to act “erratic”?

Brat on October 9, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Oh man… I like that guy.

Abby Adams on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

cornfedbubba on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Every time you post, I throw up a little in my mouth.

You are not to speak. I don’t like you.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

That is a great clip. Good for the angry dude. McCain needs to represent those of us that are angry.

“no one” should corrupt? Lets name some names.

Hening on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

The problem is with the GOP its being out organized not outmessaged

William Amos on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Time for a revolution, all out balls to the wall!

if what we think is happening is really happening.

jp on October 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM

I have my pitchfork ready!!!

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

No pitchfork but I do have other assorted pointy objects….

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

This is going to turn into 1929 Munich soon enough. grdred944 on October 9, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Yeah, when FDR went on TV and calmed everybody down.

Akzed on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

You are not to speak. I don’t like you.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

This line will never die. +10!!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD! mad Mad MAd MAD!

Mr. Joe on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

74% of CEOs Believe Obama Would Be Disastrous for the Nation

Raaaacists!

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Mr. Joe on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

(I think he’s mad.)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Sorry, but that is just how I feel. I suspect many of you feel the same way.

Mr. Joe on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Brat on October 9, 2008 at 4:04 PM

That would be the claim for Obaco rallies, that right-wingers got in and were there to cause trouble.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Replace McCain with the mad guy and I’d feel a lot better about ’08.

FloatingRock on October 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM

cornfedbubba on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Bullshit.

Astroturfers like you agitate to get Conservatives and sane people to simply give up and accept the boning we’ll all get if your marxist messiah gains the Presidency and enables the most corrupt and openly American-hating congress in history.

techno_barbarian on October 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM

cornfedbubba on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Lol. If that were true, you’d encourage it instead of running out the racism canard.

Spirit of 1776 on October 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Sorry, but that is just how I feel. I suspect many of you feel the same way.

Mr. Joe on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

It’s all good :) And yeah I could use a bit of a vent. Or better I could use McCain getting as ticked as the rest of us are.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Mr. Joe on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

If you stare at that post dead center for about one minute, an image of Obarfo’s face will appear.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Anyone else getting sick and tired of this, “I’ll work with anyone. That’s my record” and “I will reach across the aisle” bullsh*t? It’s not working and it’s tapdancing on my last goo nerve.

amerpundit on October 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM

That is good! That means “We the People” are finally standing up and screaming at our leaders to do what is right.

McCain has 2 choices:

1. sit back and play “lets all get along”

or

2. Fight back against the Democrats. Which is the right way to go. As a Republican, I am tired of my party trying to play nice and not fighting back.

If you dont like it McCain, then tough crap. Being peacemaker comes only after you have obliterated the other side and beat them into submission. Do it or lose the election.

TheHat on October 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

It’s easy to get mad that McCain doesn’t appear to share this anger…

But we’re much better served with the base angry (the usual term is “fired up”) and Palin and other surrogates taking point on the attack.

Really.

It’s McCain’s job to look Presidential.

ClintACK on October 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I can’t get the video to play for some reason.

Is this the thing that happened at 2:30 ?

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM

I got a $ instead. Seriously, was kinda freaky….

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

You are not to speak. I don’t like you.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

This line will never die. +10!!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Here’s to hoping it never does. I fear it may under an Obamanation truth squad.

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

goo=good, obviously.

His bi-partisan bullcrap is tapdancing on my last good nerve.

amerpundit on October 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Dude’s right on the money.

Note to Johnny: the ticket’s starting to look like The Energizer Snow Bunny dragging a dead Sears Die Hard to the finnish line.

If only we had had a chance to nomminate a candidate with energy, charisma, a background in ecconomics, perhaps someone who’d been a captain of industry in the private sector before entering public service, and paired a candidate like that with the unstoppable force of nature that is Sarah Palin, I can’t help but think we’d be mopping the floor with the billion dollar empty suit and Crazy Uncle Joe.

Why, oh WHY, couldn’t a candidate such as that presented himself as an alternative to a field of unknowns, hucksters, worn out old men, a nutball like Ron Paul, and lazy campaigners!?!

SuperCool on October 9, 2008 at 4:10 PM

All together now: WE ARE MAD!!!!

Didn’t you know? Being mad is RAAAAAAAAACIST.

crazy_legs on October 9, 2008 at 4:10 PM

“Astroturfers” is a racial-code word, too.

wardrobedoor on October 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Allah,

Did nobody listen to Rush today??? Where’s the audio from five minutes later when McCain calls Barney Frank and Chris Dodd co-conspirators and in answering another angry question says he will seek prosecuting them???? Rush played it, wahttp://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/10/mccains_frank_t.htmls thrilled, you’re giving us this instead.

AYNBLAND on October 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM

McCain can say this to Obama’s face without flying off the handle…. just say it, just do it!!

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Didn’t you know? Being mad is RAAAAAAAAACIST.

crazy_legs on October 9, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Okay, we’re ANGRY! Is that racist?

ConMom on October 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM

SuperCool on October 9, 2008 at 4:10 PM

The GOP thought they would lose this election.

terryannonline on October 9, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Mad and a little afraid for our country.

‘Reaching across the aisle, my friends’. I have had a belly full of this mealy-mouthed bullsh*t! Do you feel the knives in your back from all of your “friends”, John? STFU and let ‘er rip.

Hope ‘Funky Chicken’ went back to the coop to take a nap, he will have a bird if he reads that we are “insulting” McCain.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Okay, we’re ANGRY! Is that racist?

Sorry but yes. Anything short of falling down in rapturous praise of the One is RAAAAAAAAACIST.

crazy_legs on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I didn’t listen to Rush today or see what Akzed wrote before I commented, but I’m not the only one with this theory.

Akzed on October 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Brat on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

I’ll Believe McCain Is Serious When He Makes THIS Campaign Promise

Outside of the people who benefited from these sub-prime mortgages [including politicians] Americans are absolutely enraged over this latest trillion dollar hosing given them by Congress in the form of the Fannie/Freddie bailout.

McCain should immediately pledge to the American people if they will elect him President, his first order of business will be to implement a full and thorough investigation of the entire Fannie/Freddie fiasco – with names named, responsibility assigned, and letting the chips fall where they may.

…And if anybody is found to be criminally responsible, including criminal negligence, every such person will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law – no exceptions. Barney F. for example, in saying “we should “roll the dice” with Fannie because it’s doing such a fine job in giving homes to people who can’t afford them – that’s probably criminal negligence, especially since made after Fannie had to re-state its financials due to mind boggling misstatements. And Chris Dodd [Mario’s friend]? He has lots of potential criminal liability.

Pelosi and Reid? – They’ll both walk with insanity pleas. And who could challenge them?

alwyr on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Obama is going to win because Mav is not mavericky enough to leave behind his bipartisan rut.

Please God, let there be a USA for Sarah to lead in 2012.

Vatican Watcher on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

have my pitchfork ready!!!

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I got some torches…

unseen on October 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM

I’ll bring some tar but we’ll still need plenty of feathers and rails.

FloatingRock on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

That’s what being in the Senate forever will do to you. Collegiality, blah, blah, blah.

McCain is not willing to believe that his opponents’ intentions are other than noble. How is a 70+ year old man this naive?

misterpeasea on October 9, 2008 at 4:14 PM

SuperCool on October 9, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Ha.

Good one!

Memo to HotAirers: Please highlight your jewels.

Thank you.

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Wait, what? I thought AP was indicating the crowds are getting rowdy because of the negative stuff the McCain campaign is putting out but everyone else is saying that McCain is not negative enough! Which is it Me, I’m all for rowdy!!!!

Vince on October 9, 2008 at 4:14 PM

McCain needs to get it through his head that the Democrat leadership wants whats best for America and wants to work together. They want what is best for their power and they want to utterly destroy conservatism.

CP on October 9, 2008 at 4:14 PM

dang, Fahrakahn on tape telling people Obama is the Messiah..hahaha

jp on October 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Corrected:McCain needs to get it through his head that the Democrat leadership doesn’t want whats best for America and wants to work together. They want what is best for their power and they want to utterly destroy conservatism.

CP on October 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

have my pitchfork ready!!!

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I got some torches…

unseen on October 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Pitchfork… check!
Torch… check!

Hell, I will start cloning some Frankensteins and registering them through ACORN tomorrow.

Damiano on October 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

crazy_legs on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Okay, you’re right. I’m such a sorry racist! Snap! I’ll get over it.

ConMom on October 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Mav has no problem taking on the religious right but not the far-left loons! Dear god how did we nominate this guy!

lodge on October 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

I wonder why nobody but Limbaugh will play the tape of McCain’s promise to the lady real estate agent where McCain names names in the subprime mortgage mess?

And McCain says he will work with everybody who wants to clean the trash out of Washington, DC because it’s true. There are democrats out there who are horrified by Obama. Here’s proof:

If you can’t do the “Real Democrats” Ohio jaunt (but you still will want to donate to help our McCain Democrats make their Ohio campaign a success), you East Coasters can’t pass up joining Harriet Christian Saturday and every weekend until November. Harriet e-mailed me about a campaign blitz in Pennsylvania this Saturday. E-mail Harriet at hchristian@infnyc.com to CONFIRM, hopefully by mid-afternoon Thursday.

In fact, those people are much less likely to actually do something to help McCain/Palin win this election than the lot of you who want to sit here and bash the man.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Bah, much more likely to help him; much less likely to bash him

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Dow Jones is going Down because the markets anticipate Obama as president. That is the only reason.

Ropera on October 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Please God, let there be a USA for Sarah to lead in 2012.
Vatican Watcher on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Oh friggin’ relax, of course there will be a USA in 2012.

It won’t resemble the USA of right now, it will be known by some other term (The Obama Co-Prosperity Sphere or something like that) and you will be imprisoned in a reeducation camp somewhere anyway.

So relax.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM

I’ll bring some tar but we’ll still need plenty of feathers and rails.

FloatingRock on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

We’ll bring along Funky Chicken.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM

DRUDGE:

Obama purchases half hour of primetime on CBS, also in talks with FOX, NBC… DEVELOPING…

Get your hip boots and shovel ready, Barry didn’t know a thing about Ayers, Rezko, or Wright – we should be talking about how Republican deregulation caused the mortgage meltdown. :rolleyes:

toliver on October 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM

I finally got the thing to work.

Lorien makes it on tv.

Dude, I’m not that old!

This sucked. Is this when McCain named names? The guy was pissed about democrats-socialists and McCain responds that he’ll work with them? WTF?

Please tell me there is a better clip somewhere. Please.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Here’s the link:

Set for 10/29

toliver on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Brat on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Maybe, but there are plenty of us who are mad.

I’m going to get a crack at it on Monday’s rally. I might just get a chant started along the lines of stand and fight.

He needs to, or we are all screwed.

Marine_Bio on October 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Its about time we got mad at the socialist/Communist Democrats, they have been pushing a socialistic agenda for literally over a hundred years now.

Maxx on October 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM

alwyr on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

He pretty much did that today. Same place, in answer to an actually cogent question from a woman real estate agent.

It’s a great exchange, as the questioner comes across strong (and not crazy) and so does McCain.

I would think pundits who want republicans to look good would highlight that clip.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM

I haven’t watched this video yet, but my Mom did and said McCain was fired up today. He called out Dodd and Frank and said there would be more named later. I heard that myself. That doesn’t sound like he’s being dragged against his will.

Oink on October 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM