Obama TV: The One buys half an hour of airtime on CBS for Oct. 29

posted at 4:37 pm on October 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

And deals with NBC and Fox(!) are in the works. I’m surprised they didn’t simply give him the time and call it “news.” What’s a liberal media good for if not for the occasional freebie?

Today the Dish Network, tomorrow the world:

NBC is said to be very near a deal. With Fox, the matter is likely to remain uncertain as the time period could conflict with Game 6 of the World Series…

The direct purchase of such a large block of national airtime right before an election used to be more commonplace before campaigns began to focus their end game strategies exclusively on battleground states. Such a move is not without precedent in modern presidential politics, however — Ross Perot did a similar purchase in 1992.

The One has a lawyerly fondness for “closing argument” ads so expect something in that vein, likely bookended by schmaltzy long-form campaign spots. He must be raking it in if he can afford a buy like this, so if you want to equalize, you know what to do. Exit question: What, no ABC?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Why would somebody who’s winning in the polls suddenly need to spend that much money? Unless he wasn’t… – Skywise on October 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM

BINGO! Perhaps the most perceptive and incisive comment in this entire thread. My guess is that the Obama campaign has been checking internal polling data that none of us has access to and they are in full-blown panic mode. Today’s events in Wisconsin are a harbinger of what’s coming down the road. This TV air time he’s purchased is not a move made from confidence but rather, from desperation.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM

He must be raking it in if he can afford a buy like this

Not necessarily, the lefty media would probably give him all the air time he wants for free!

On the other hand, if McCain wanted the air time and even offered to pay double the lefty media’s response would be, “oh sorry Mr. McCain, we’d be happy to accommodate you but we’re all booked up showing reruns of Paris Hilton’s show The Simple Life in that time slot…”

Ack…I hit strike instead of quote in my previous post!

Liberty or Death on October 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM

What language will it be in? Spanish? German?

RBMN on October 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM

NewSpeak.

RushBaby on October 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I sure as hell help McCain and the RNC are saving up to flood the airwaves the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Mark1971 on October 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM

No stealing my joke!

*mad*

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 5:07 PM

…I didn’t read the prior comments before posting this, so the odds were that I was coming in late with it….

…but, it was worth the gamble….

…after all…what is the essence of comedy?

(wait for it)

…timing….

(whew…that’s a hard joke to pull off in plaintext….)

Puritan1648 on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

It it a sign of what his internal polling is telling him that he must do?

OSUBuciz1 on October 9, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Well, yes. I suspect his internal polling tells him to hire a transition team and lay out policy objectives for the next four years.

paul006 on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

I just spotted a dress rehearsal for The Ones 30 minute special.

MB4 on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Ok first off:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? It’s not over until we SAY it’s over!

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Product of a public school are we Bishop?

Secondly:

Anyone else get the feeling he’s not so sure of his lead in the polls?

and thirdly:

Didn’t Ross Perot try this a decade or so back with spectacular (not!) results? Sounds like a play to choir to me. Then again, now that the media has begun to scour him a bit he may very well need to shore up his base before the election.

Now all we need is some hard evidence that a goodly amount of that foreign money he’s illegally taking comes straight from Iran.

Browncoatone on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Mark1971 on October 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM

RNC equaled Obama in Sept, didn’t it?

You’d hope. But by the time they wake up, it’s too late.

This game is over.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

What language will it be in? Spanish? German?
RBMN on October 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Every language at once, just as Nikolae Carpathia did it.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Call Fox News 1-888-369-4762. The mailbox is full, but press “star zero” and you will be sent to a live person.

Leave your comment. The democrats slapped and spit in Fox’s face earlier this year about debates. It’s time to pay the piper….spit back in Obama’s face and slap back. Say no to Obama’s infomercial.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

funky chicken:

I had some relatives fight in Iraq. I have always had family members in the service. We are just those kind of rednecks.

I understand what you mean. Too many people are trying to blame McCain for the fact that Obama has a lot of money. They might as well blame Hillary for not putting the budding little megalomaniac away when she was running against him. They complain that McCain is not the right guy rather than just accept the fact that he is the candidate and get behind him.

Personally I don’t think a lot of these people would treat anyone else any different. If Romney or Rudy or Fred! was the nominee and he was behind in the polls they would treat any of them the same way.

It is as if they don’t really care if we win or lose, just so long as they get to blame the Republican candidate rather than the Democrat he or she is running against.

Democrats have always counted on this kind of attitude, it is invaluable to them.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Product of a public school are we Bishop?
Browncoatone on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Oh. My. God.

Seriously? hehe..hehe..heheHAHA..HAHAHA..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

He probably has more money that he can spend in just three weeks, so is looking for ways to unload it. I hope his GOTV comes to my neighborhood Nov 4th so I can get a bus ride and a lot of free stuff, several times over.

neuquenguy on October 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Every language at once, just as Nikolae Carpathia did it.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Bishop, did you hear about the “one world currency” being requested by Russia and China……
And France wanting a “new world order”.
If I remember my revelations…..

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:16 PM

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Astute comments, one and all.

I smell fear.

Then again, I’m in my tight bunker and suffering from cold medicine intestinal gas, that smell could be something else.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM

On the flip side… Too much exposure?

I wonder if Obama is approaching burn out status in the public eye?

Skywise on October 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM

lorien:

This game is not over until and unless the American people say it is.

And you don’t speak for all of them.

sheesh.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM

If you are planning a landslide victory, why make a huge buy a week before the election?

Vashta.Nerada on October 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Skywise:

I mute the TV during his ads because I am just so sick of him. I know I don’t speak for everyone else, but I think people are getting to the point where they are just sick of all this. And yeah, it is as if Obama is entering his second term already.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Hey, great. Do I have time to get started on a new bunker up north?

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM

If we make a drinking game from all the “uhhhs” Obippy can pack into a half-hour…well…see you in detox.

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 5:21 PM

By whatever means necessary, my brother. You are doing God’s work….

seejanemom on October 9, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Just a little bit of judo…turn their tools against them. I always make a point of showing “Triumph of the Will” when we get to WW2 and it never fails to get a reaction.

Matt Helm on October 9, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Why pay when you have all that fawning coverage for nothing? Then again, you have hundreds of millions in overseas cash, so what the hell.

Prediction: Lowest rated program in that timeslot.

JammieWearingFool on October 9, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Or blaming the Bush adminstration….you’d be dead.
Go forth and build that bunker. It is time.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM

He’s been bought, and now he can’t afford to lose. I wonder who owns him.?

4shoes on October 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM

No kidding. Here in Indy he’s been running wall to wall ads attacking McCain’s health care plan. I have to yank my headphones off my head DURING RUSH LIMBAUGH several times just to avoid them. On top of that they’re always the same ad.

Oddly enough… it’s the same “health care plan” ad he’s running on TV too.

But he doesn’t talk about it in his speeches or campaign on it…

Skywise on October 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Let’s just face facts – this election is OVER.

Outlander on October 9, 2008 at 4:43 PM

A lot can happen in three weeks. I like the fact that Obama is so confident now, and the Dims are predicting a “landslide.” It’ll make it that much sweeter when the American people make their voices heard on November 4th and deliver a great big “HELL NO” to those arrogant Socialist liars and thieves who are trying to destroy this country.

AZCoyote on October 9, 2008 at 5:27 PM

C’mon folks, Obama says he is paying for the half-hour, but then CBS and the others never send him a bill for it.

They proboably all offered Obama the 24 hours before the election for free, but he thought that was a bit too obvious.

albill on October 9, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Skywise:

I am in Indiana, and I have just stopped watching network TV, I am so sick of the ads. I try to mute them when they come on, but I have discovered that if I stick to A&E or History or movies, I can avoid some of it.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Hey, lorien found his new “thing that means McCain’s toast”

Today in WI McCain very clearly said he was going to go after those in congress responsible for the Fannie/Freddie debacle, and he named names Dodd, Frank, said that there were lots more.

McCain said that the people who were taking credit for the bailout were actual co-conspirators in creating the mess to start with.

Remember lorien used to say that refusing to do that was what would make McCain lose.

I guess it was time to move on to the new talking point. It’s getting kinda boring though.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Skywise and Terrye…swing state NM here.

Home of the Acorn investigation for voter fraud.

I have to curtail my anger. Just bought a big screen and if I put my laptop thru it, my husband would probably die of grief.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:30 PM

October 29th? Oh, I get it, he’s going to play the FDR TV tape about that crash, then tell us how much better he’ll do than FDR/Bush…

ShoreMark on October 9, 2008 at 5:31 PM

He’s been bought, and now he can’t afford to lose. I wonder who owns him.?

4shoes on October 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM

goldman sachs? saudi arabia? vlad putin?

you know, if you disappoint vlad, you get nasty radioisotopes in your dinner. that would be highly motivating.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Conspiracy theory: He’s going to act Presidential, try to “calm the markets.” Talk economics. Then his Billionaire friends and Wall Street supporters will go in and buy like crazy the next day to create an “Obama bounce.”

Either that or there’s something really nasty coming he’s trying to preempt

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Do paid infomercials like this get rated by Nielsen? If ABC is not included in this, I bet they beat out the Barry Channels.

I predict a sappy re-write of his life, replete with interviews from those who have been blessed to know The One. It will emphasize his Kansas roots, his heroic grandfather uncle who was in Auschwitz Buchenwald, his heroic mother who scraped through on food stamps while he attended the elite Ponahou School, a tearful story about how she died because she couldn’t get the right health care, ending with and a deathbed promise to her that it would be his life’s mission to never let this ever happen again to anyone, once he’s elected.

Buy Danish on October 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM

HornetSting:

I don’t know if you have ever read anything from Dafydd at Big Lizards, but he made the point some time ago that he thought the money advantage in terms of advertising would only go so far, because at some point people are sick of it. It actually begins to wear on them and can turn back on people.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:34 PM

At the pace of the news today, if this is a TAPED broadcast, he COULD be caught in some VERY big doo-doo (lies).
In that case, SOME bit of info kept quietly in the back pocket until just before broadcast, might not be such a bad idea.
Hmmmm.

pambi on October 9, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:34 PM

I tell you what Terrye. Big Lizard say anything about the automatic response of vomiting in your mouth when you hear the Messiah’s voice?

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:36 PM

funky chicken:

Now lorien will say that McCain will lose because he has not done a half hour infomercial on the Fannie Mae debacle because he is an idiot or something.

Yeah right.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:36 PM

HornetSting:

I don’t think he mentioned that. But I have to say, that I can not stand listening to Obama. It bothers me, I wonder about myself because of it, but it is all I can do to sit through a debate. If he wins, it will be a long four years.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:37 PM

We’re all going to need earplugs and ten thousand SPF sunscreen to combat the Iranian bombs.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

read it to the end for the punchline

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 5:40 PM

He must be raking it in if he can afford a buy like this

Ack…I hit strike instead of quote in my previous post!

Liberty or Death on October 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I thought that it is law that if Sen. McCain wants to buy the same amount of airtime, it be given to him at the same price that Sen. Obama bought it.

- Bishop – re Germans and Carpathia

You are cracking me up. Excellent.

cryptojunkie on October 9, 2008 at 5:40 PM

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

I know, we could all move into Yucca Mountain! It’s apparently pretty well insulated against radioactive stuff and all, and nice and clean and empty.

The lack of water could be a problem.

///

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Ok first off:

Bishop on October 9, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Product of a public school are we Bishop?

Browncoatone on October 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Never watched Animal House huh? Too young?

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 5:43 PM

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 5:40 PM

I’ll be selling what I have left into any phony rally the next day….

TheBigOldDog on October 9, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Is this buy at the NYT-Betrayus rate?

Limerick on October 9, 2008 at 5:46 PM

And what tall tales and accusations will be shout out on Oct 29??
Just days before the election?
McCain better be prepared!
God only knows! Let your imagination run wild! The community organizer is going to lay it all on the line Oct 29 and the willing media will be there to run with any and every accusation no matter how outrageous!
If it all proves false later after Obama wins,, it won’t matter.
The community organizer has one objective in mind Oct 29,,, the election must be won! At any cost! So be prepared!
McCain better keep getting the truth out now to help insulate him from all the misinformation and lies that will be shouted on Oct 29!

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 5:48 PM

On Fox, Kelsey Grammer said that he’d completely left the market with his $$, a few months ago, fearing the O’s new capital gains taxes.
Watch the market before, during and after the O’s 30 mins.
I’m serious.

pambi on October 9, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:28 PM

If you’ve been watching the History channel, you have already been watching Obama commercials every time a program about Communism and Socialism appears.

m064404 on October 9, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Ooops.. primetime… before and after.. hehe.

pambi on October 9, 2008 at 5:52 PM

So, I guess the Michelle ‘Why’d he’ (whitey) tape comes out on the 28th?

Vashta.Nerada on October 9, 2008 at 5:53 PM

I with the all those that say this is some kind of desperate move. I think it is because of Ayers and whatever other excrement that is fixing to fly. Odinga, New Party, ACORN, and voter fraud all come to mind. AND remember Wright’s book is to come out on the 15th of this month! Not to mention all this business with Fannie Mae and McCain sounding off on going after the Dems and those responsible.

Those internals must be U G L Y! I have got to check Wizbang to see if they have that internal numbers story out yet. This is some great news.

On the money deal, there is no way that THE ONE has that much money. NO WAY! Must be like some kind of blue light special at CBS and NBC.

freeus on October 9, 2008 at 5:53 PM

So does anybody know if he’s going to be selling ShamWow or HeadOn? Oh, I know now, Natural Cure’s They Don’t Want You To Know About.

El_Terrible on October 9, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Shock and awe. What he says won’t even matter, it’s all about the projection of strength. I just hope it won’t turn out to be a victory lap.

The House GOP could’ve given McCain a fighting chance if they just would’ve fallen in line with the bailout (which was inevitable) before the debate.

RightOFLeft on October 9, 2008 at 5:54 PM

And NOW the Khalidi bomb is getting dropped! No wonder Rush was jazzed today. Things are getting a tad bit hot for THE ONE! LMAO! Rock on people, Rock on! DROP THE MOAB!

freeus on October 9, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Yea, Allah? How much you give?

Sultry Beauty on October 9, 2008 at 5:59 PM

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Acorn’s been big here too. But the local press won’t investigate because they’re in the tank for Obama.

If Obama buys ad space here, I see it on the news, when he shows up, it’s an “event”. When McCain was here, there was nary a peep. I had to read about there being 30,000 more registered voters than the TOTAL population of Indianapolis (including under 18) here than in my local paper.

This isn’t an election… this is the last temper tantrum of the ME generation.

Skywise on October 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM

LMAO …It’s Obama After Dark

ihasurnominashun on October 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM

I wish it could have been more, but I did what I could to help the GOP. I think Obama sees the writing on the wall that he’s going to have some big time ‘splainin to do to his followers. And just so everyone knows- I don’t care if he tries to cover his butt by throwing Ayers under the bus like he did Wright, the man is a slimeball and his associates are all a part of who he is.

anniekc on October 9, 2008 at 6:21 PM

@lorien1973: Thank you for your sunny disposition of Reaganusque optimism. You make me proud.

Lincoln on October 9, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Skywise:

Do you think it would be worthwhile to contact our reps here in Indiana about those numbers re registration? Or maybe even some of the press? {I know I know}

BTW, I live in the southwestern part of the state. Not many Obama signs around here.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:44 PM

No treats…definitely tricks.

SouthernGent on October 9, 2008 at 6:44 PM

McCain should do the same thing but after Bullwinkle has his time…….BUT McCain should have Palin with him for the 30 minutes. They could tag team it and kick Bullwinkle where the sun don’t shine and if they time it right Bullwinkle will not have time to respond.

Just sayin……………………….

Old Hippie Vet on October 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Rightofleft:

Yes, if the House Republicans had done that the DOW might not have fallen so hard. By the time Congress got done messing around the markets were already going down and sheer momentum took over.

Hopefully it will stabilize here soon.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Old Hippie Vet:

Not a bad idea, but I wonder if McCain has that kind of money. He is limited as to what he can spend.

The RNC on the other hand might could do some sort of spot.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:48 PM

McCain could easily deflate The One by having Palin enter The No Spin Zone that week.

ocbrat on October 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM

I guess Obama was smart to shun public financing….McCain, not so much.

He can buy whatever airtime he wants.

LimeyGeek on October 9, 2008 at 6:55 PM

ocbrat on October 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM

That’s a great idea, maybe they can make Fox move O’Railey to whatever time slot The One is buying in other channels. If fox sells the time to Obama, they are toast.

neuquenguy on October 9, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Obama’s distasteful 30-minute CBS informercial will backfire on him — like the Berlin speech and the Greek Temple fiasco. I would also like to remind by friends of the 1948 election, which can provide a useful basis for a McCain response:

(Per Wikipedia)

In the final weeks of the campaign, American movie theatres agreed to play two short newsreel-like campaign films in support of the two major-party candidates; each film had been created by its respective campaign organization. The Dewey film, shot professionally on an impressive budget, featured very high production values, but somehow reinforced an image of the New York governor as cautious and distant. The Truman film, hastily assembled on virtually no budget by the perpetually cash-short Truman campaign, relied heavily on public-domain and newsreel footage of the President taking part in major world events and signing important legislation. Perhaps unintentionally, the Truman film visually reinforced an image of the President as engaged and decisive. Years later, historian David McCullough cited the expensive, but lackluster, Dewey film, and the far cheaper, but more effective, Truman film, as important factors in determining the preferences of undecided voters.

Mutnodjmet on October 9, 2008 at 7:05 PM

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Is Obama going to buy time on Fox or Fox News? If it’s Fox News, shouldn’t we be calling someone at the Fox broadcast network proper…or was that number for the broadcast channel?

darii on October 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM

The RNC on the other hand might could do some sort of spot.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Here is an add on to my first post……don’t make it an info boring commercial like Bullwinkle….give a 30 minute interview with both Mac & The Artic Fox.

Won’t cost a dime and there will be plenty of takers……

… just tell them they can NOT EDIT any of it or it is NO DEAL.

It is amazing, with all my crazy ideas, I made it out of Nam alive.

Thank God for booze and luck………………LOL

Old Hippie Vet on October 9, 2008 at 7:21 PM

McCain should buy ads to run before and after the infomercial.

NavyWife on October 9, 2008 at 7:36 PM

I guess Bristol Palin’s wedding is scheduled for October 29, 2008 or October 30, 2008.
But why pay an astronomical sum for a half hour when he could go on all the shows in prime time for free?

eaglewingz08 on October 9, 2008 at 7:36 PM

McCain should buy ads to run before and after the infomercial.

NavyWife on October 9, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Yes he shouyld..and the add following it should be short and to the point. Something like….. That is the biggest load of Bullsh*t if I ever heard!.

LOL

Carry on Kids, I need to eat.

Old Hippie Vet on October 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I think McCain should do a variety show featuring Triumph the Insult Dog providing interviews with Acorn “volunteers” and the staff from SNL doing their forbidden skit. Maybe have Michael Jackson come out dressed as Obama and do some singing along with Slipknot Something for everyone!

Dennis Miller could MC and it could trash the Obamavision infomercial in ratings. The McCain Comedy Flying Circus.

Hening on October 9, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Soros is throwing in the dough so as not take any chances. Keep your guns clean, powder dry and ammo box full. Remember what James Carville warned!

wepeople on October 9, 2008 at 8:22 PM

The name “CBS” will never be more true.

He wants to take advantage of there being no Fairness Doctrine. Until the next Congress with a veto-proof Dem majority is in session (not that he’d veto it).

L.N. Smithee on October 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Yeah. The problem is I live in central Indiana in the heart of Republican country (Dan Burton’s district) and my other closest rep is Andre Carson… go fig. Obama opened an office here across the street from Republican HQ here and they’ve gotten a few Obama signs placed around here. But they’re almost all outnumbered by McCain signs. Still, you NEVER see a presidential Democrat sign here.

Skywise on October 9, 2008 at 9:07 PM

The One buys half an hour of airtime on CBS for Oct. 29

Halloween will come early this year, scarier than ever.

jgapinoy on October 9, 2008 at 9:35 PM

CBS should just change their name to O-Tube.

Jim Treacher on October 9, 2008 at 9:36 PM

What’s a liberal media good for if not for the occasional freebie?

Not a problem. They will just bundle some contributions from a bunch of dead or homeless people and give it right back.

(You know. It’s a real bummer when you get home from work and log on to these threads and there’s already 2-3 pages of creative comments and retorts. It’s like, “what’s the point of leaving a comment?” If I think up a good one, then I have to read through all the other comments to see if anyone has already thought of it. Have I mentioned that I’m black obsessive compulsive?)

Mr_Magoo on October 9, 2008 at 9:46 PM

I know the thread is bascially dead. But isn’t this Orwellian to the nth degree.

Seriously people, this is scary sh!t.

Lance Murdock on October 9, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Coming this Fall to NBC:

doo doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo….

duh-duh-duh duuuhh-duuuuuuuhhhhhhh…..

He was half white…

She hated whitey…

She was never proud of her country…

He wanted to be President of it…

They were… The Odd Couple

LibTired on October 9, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Re Terrye: I will spend the next four years never looking at the JuJu, never listening to anything he says, and trying not to smell him. Won’t be all that hard–I did it with clinton for eight years. Never listened to him speak etc. I hate this Kenyan empty suit and his ugly wife.

AReadyRepub on October 9, 2008 at 11:12 PM

He’s been bought, and now he can’t afford to lose. I wonder who owns him.?

4shoes on October 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM

The devil?

pannw on October 9, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Hey , let’s apply the Fairness Doctrine to the TV networks and force them to give the same amount of air time to McCain.

ic1redeye on October 10, 2008 at 12:07 AM

He’s been bought, and now he can’t afford to lose. I wonder who owns him.?

4shoes on October 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM

George Soros, one of the most dangerous men to the U.S.A.

Entelechy on October 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM

I keep waiting for The Backlash. Independent voters must be getting sick of the media and celebrities telling them who to vote for. This might just be the last straw.

(A 60 second response from the ‘Cuda wouldn’t hurt, either. Sarcastic, funny, like her convention speech.)

Mr. Wednesday Night on October 10, 2008 at 3:35 AM

I’d like to see the RNC run something as well… if someone could script something good enough, I think a good heart-string appeal made by McCain and Palin that simply focuses on what has made America great (its people and smaller federal government) and how “the other party” represents a fundamental shift to socialism that will destroy America as we have known it.

The message needs to remind everyone of the basic concepts of capitalism, liberty, pride and responsibility and how they have made us the greatest nation on earth.

It should foretell what will happen if massive tax increases will occur; explain that businesses will be forced to hike prices, layoff workers, move offshore or just give up entirely – none of these results are good for any American! Remind everyone that “the rich” are the ones that do the bulk of creating companies, hiring people and investing, and that it would be industrial-strength stupid to penalize them with higher taxation.

Suggest the reality that businesses aren’t out to screw you or their customers, and that no American will ever get a paycheck from someone that has no money to maintain, start or grow a business.

It should hammer home that a huge government that is able to do everything for you is also able to do anything to you, and that our best destiny lies in reversing course and beginning to limit the size and scope of the federal government and not by expanding it any further.

Explain well that our current mess(es) are due to a bloated bureaucracy that has become too large and ineffective and that a return to a more constitutional footing would be best in the long run.

Fully confess the future of financial bondage that our children and grandchildren face now, and the sobering reality that an Obama admiistration will ratchet up the tax-n-spend by the federal government with horrific results.

It should suggest that freedom-loving Americans will not live well at all under the yoke of tyranny that an Obama presidency represents, and that concepts of “fairness” aren’t worth much if everyone is equally miserable.

It should deliver the message that to embrace socialism, via an Obama presidency, will make null and void the incredible sacrifices that our brave men and women have made all around the world in our 232 year history; the very kind of tyranny and oppression that they gave their lives to repel and destroy will now be invited with wide open arms into the pilot house of our nation via the ballot box.

It should underscore that Americans abhor failure and love success even if it comes about with difficulty and sacrifice. This success can only come about as a free people that are freely allowed to be self-reliant, self-determinant and rewarded from the fruits of their own labor.

Make large the point that 74% of business CEO’s surveyed think that an Obama presidency “would be disasterous for the country”.

———

I’m quite a dreamer, aren’t I?

electric-rascal on October 10, 2008 at 5:52 AM