New lefty ad: Hey, McCain’s nuts

posted at 2:35 pm on October 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Cartoonish alarmism and an embarrassingly heavy-handed visual style? It must be these idiots again. And so it is. I thought their next exploration of the Great McCain Peril would focus on his age, but they’re back for another round on his temperament to coincide with The One and his cronies increasingly slipping language about how “erratic” Maverick is into their stump speeches. For all the sanctimony and exquisitely affected outrage about how negative McCain’s campaign has become, rest assured that this is what most of the ads would look like now if Obama was trailing by 8-10 points. That’s no knock on him; politics ain’t beanbag. Unless you’re trying to take down the Lamb, in which case “maybe you should have said something to that terrorist you worked with” suddenly becomes a new low in political rhetoric.

Clearly, though, the economy’s very, very important here. Say, wasn’t Dennis DeConcini one of … the Keating Five?

Comments

Is Dean’s brother mad because Dean gave a rebel yell that scared everyone, and he isn’t the head of the FCC?

upinak on October 9, 2008 at 2:36 PM

I’d like McCain to go nuts. This is the time for it.

McCain angry! McCain smash!

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Yawn. Predictable. Not working, either.

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Go for it, lefties!

thirteen28 on October 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM

He must be nuts. He’s on the stump today blaming Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and the dems on the hill for allowing Fannie Mae to ruin our financial system.

(my sarc button is still broken)

Vashta.Nerada on October 9, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Well I hope he shows his temper now…

right2bright on October 9, 2008 at 2:40 PM

McCain angry! McCain smash! – lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM

At a rally in Wisconsin, J-Mac named names! He specifically called out Barney Frank and Chris Dodd in the F/M mess.

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Snorefest of an ad.

RushBaby on October 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM

That’s hilarious, it looks like the Onion produced it. I especially like the vewy scawy music!!! And Keith Olberman lends sooooo much credibility to the piece. It gave me a good chuckle anyway. :-)

P.S. Yo, lefties, keep in spending your money on stuff like this! Thank you!

JustTruth101 on October 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM

I’d like McCain to go nuts. This is the time for it.

McCain angry! McCain smash!

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM

+10!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

ManlyRash on October 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM

I’ve heard. I’m waiting for video. And I’m waiting for it to be said every day. And ACORN and ties to Obama.

Run against washington, Mac. Obama wants to make washington cool. You want to smash it.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

You’d be surprised how well it’s working. I know genuine centrists – Blue Staters, but still centrists – who talk in terms of “concern” about McCain’s “temperament.” From the easy way that they slip into these lines, my guess is that it’s a water cooler shibboleth in some of the more sophisticated corners of the country.

omriceren on October 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

We only wish……

CC

CapedConservative on October 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

An ad like this regarding Osama Obama would get the makers a visit from lawyers, the local police and the Department of Justice. Maybe some blue-shirted Truth Thugs, too.

MrScribbler on October 9, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Meanwhile, the Dems have Pelosi, Murtha, Dean, Frank, what a bunch of sweethearts they are…
Obama is soft, just who we want leading our troops…

right2bright on October 9, 2008 at 2:43 PM

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

WOuldn’t that be more a movie, drama documentary?

upinak on October 9, 2008 at 2:43 PM

HAHA… they even used Olbermann. Yeah, they’re credible.

If we are attacked again, I’d much rather have someone be enraged than someone who will apologize for whatever it was that we did wrong and invite those responsible in for a cup of tea and a chat.

Abby Adams on October 9, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I’d rather have a president that has an edge than a cream puff who has his thugs do his dirty work.

Olby in the discussion? pfft.

tru2tx on October 9, 2008 at 2:45 PM

How can you take people who’ve never met the guy, let alone been in the same room, give a personal analysis of the emotional behavior of another person. This ad is lacking in any substance from people who actually know McCain and have spent time with him.
Ineffective for me but that’s because I can analyze what I’m seeing with what’s being said. His composure for more than 20 years in the legislative branch has been very good minus a few times where he may have lost his temper but everyone loses their temper from time to time.

theguardianii on October 9, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Go for it, lefties. Wake me when you’re done.

petefrt on October 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM

And don’t forget that he’s old too. And his running mate wears funny glasses.

saint kansas on October 9, 2008 at 2:49 PM

McCain angry! McCain smash!

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Is that a Family Guy reference?

BadgerHawk on October 9, 2008 at 2:49 PM

I’d rather have a right wing hot head in the White House than a really cool and laid back Commie.

Maxx on October 9, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Is that a Family Guy reference?

BadgerHawk on October 9, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Family guy did it. But -everyone- has done that joke on the Hulk.

It’s really from the 60′s stop motion cartoon hulk. He talked like that.

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:50 PM

If I had to work with the gasbags in DC for a mere week I would have backhanded at least one. Seems to me that Mac has shown uncommon restraint

pugwriter on October 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Ah. I was holding a +1 in reserve, just in case.

BadgerHawk on October 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Four minutes long?

What is this? An Infomercial?

Clearly just a YouTube release.

I’d guess that there aren’t many undecided voters left in the YouTube world.

ClintACK on October 9, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Obama has a penchant for being a pansy.

IF Obama becomes president and WHEN we are attacked again, with help from the Obama administration….

Do you want a Man or a Mouse in charge?

With the Mouse, we will crawl into our socialist holes like good little infidels and beg for forgiveness and praise Allah.

With the Man, we will unleash hell on those responsible.

When did being a pansy become a prerequisite to become leader of the free world?

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 2:52 PM

omriceren on October 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Thank Rove. He pushed this exact same line in 2000 hard.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 2:52 PM

New lefty ad: Hey, McCain’s got nuts, but Obama’s got ACORN

petefrt on October 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM

After reading through HA’s comments here, I wonder if this is the response the producers expected?

We’re all for him going nuclear – and I bet most everybody who is concerned about the current financial mess is ready for a leader to go ballistic.

tru2tx on October 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM

I like the idea of McCain getting angry. He won’t of course. Senators make lousy Presidential candidates. Too civil.

grdred944 on October 9, 2008 at 2:55 PM

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM

You’re hilarious today!

baxtrice on October 9, 2008 at 2:55 PM

tru2tx on October 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Agreed. Show some stones, McCain. Like maybe at the next debate. I’m tired of falling asleep during these snoozefests. Let’s get a cage, a bear, and see which candidate avoids being eaten.

Folks, I’d like to introduce your next president…John McCain.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM

I wasted two minutes watching that, waiting for someone to say something I should worry about.

MrFreeman07 on October 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM

grdred944 on October 9, 2008 at 2:55 PM

The Senate: Leave your acorns at the door.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Folks, I’d like to introduce your next president…John McCain Sarah Palin.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM

thought it needed a change.

upinak on October 9, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Folks, I’d like to introduce your next president…John McCain Sarah Palin.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM

thought it needed a change.

upinak on October 9, 2008 at 2:59 PM

I support this message!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Folks, I’d like to introduce your next president…John McCain Sarah Palin.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM
thought it needed a change.

upinak on October 9, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Damn, Upinak. You are right. My BAD! I’ve been down with bronchitis. Old brain is a bit addled with the fever.

I wish I could put a PALIN/mccain sticker on my Jeep, just like that….Palin first. She is the reason McCain in still in the running. Unfortunately, I like my Jeep’s paint job. Don’t want my Jeep to get keyed by Obamanites.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 3:01 PM

I saw footage of McCain at a townhall meeting on FNC and some of the people there were practically screaming at him to name names and to go after those most responsible (clearly there’s plenty of blame to go around) for the mess at Fannie and Freddie. Seriously, if people think McCain has anger issues, I think the Secret Service was a bit concerned at the anger of many of those voters at the meeting, they were genuinely PISSED OFF!!!!

Yakko77 on October 9, 2008 at 3:01 PM

I have a fever, and the only cure is MORE PALIN!

Unleash the Sara’Cuda!

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Since the MSM is making up coordinated memes about McCain, why not do the same.

Barry is a secretive ladies’ underwear wearing hookah user.

JiangxiDad on October 9, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Barry is a secretive ladies’ underwear wearing hookah user.

JiangxiDad on October 9, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Does he wear their or his own?

upinak on October 9, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Olby in the discussion? pfft.

tru2tx on October 9, 2008 at 2:45 PM

McCain strikes me as someone who can lay down a wicked “evil eye.”
Much preferable to “…come on, lay off my wife…”

Count to 10 on October 9, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Since when is being mentally unbalanced a pejorative for the lunatic left?

Their entire movement is based on mass mental illness.

The entire Democrat Congress would be on Thorazine, if it wasn’t a counter indicator to all the illegal substances and scotch those worthless clowns imbibe on an hourly basis.

NoDonkey on October 9, 2008 at 3:09 PM

MrFreeman07 on October 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM

After the first 20 seconds, I decided to close it and check it back later. Thanks for letting me know I really don’t need to do that now.

wise_man on October 9, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Folks, I’d like to introduce your next president…John McCain.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM

McCain named Obama, Frank, and Dodd as co-conspirators in the subprime disaster today at the town hall in Wisconsin. He swore he would make sure they were investigated and prosecuted if he was elected.

What more do you want from him?

And the only reason Obama can get away with punkass crap like “why don’t you say it to my face?” is because people like you keep asserting that a war hero is somehow a p*ssy.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 3:10 PM

I understand that the next one will feature a little girl and a daisy.

Treg

TREGONSEE on October 9, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Does he wear their or his own?

upinak on October 9, 2008 at 3:06 PM

He’s partial to Madeline Albright’s. Go figure :)

JiangxiDad on October 9, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Wow, THIRTY people in McCain’s 26 years in the congress and over 20 years in the military!! My God, that’s nearly one for every other year of McCain’s service to the country. Why, he’s a a madman!!

ihasurnominashun on October 9, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Obama is peace, Obama is peace, Obama is peace.

Hening on October 9, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I hate this. They set him up so that he can’t show any sign of anger/irritation. If he does, they will blow it completely out of proportion. The media will run with it and they will put it in ads. See we told you, he is unstable. Without being able to show his anger for the current economic mess, it makes him look weak.

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Since the MSM is making up coordinated memes about McCain, why not do the same.

Barry is a secretive ladies’ underwear wearing hookah user.

JiangxiDad on October 9, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Now now… that’ll just strengthen him with his supporting constituency. Especially that hookah part.

techno_barbarian on October 9, 2008 at 3:21 PM

“This is deep anger, hostility toward other human beings.” she said with her teeth clenched and fire in her eyes.

Ronnie on October 9, 2008 at 3:22 PM

The irony is that it’s a very angry ad about anger. Could they not find anyone to smile while they were saying John McCain doesn’t smile?

Ronnie on October 9, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Obama is peace, Obama is peace, Obama is peace.

Hening on October 9, 2008 at 3:12 PM

For some reason, the line “You can rest when you’re dead” comes to mind.

Count to 10 on October 9, 2008 at 3:24 PM

That racist Harry Reid said that McCain was nuts, so it must be true.

Vashta.Nerada on October 9, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Some times you need to loose your temper to make your point. I imagine after working with liberal idiots for so long losing your temper is the only way they pay attention. I’m a firm believer for what I have seen so far that Obama has a worst temper than McCain.

pukara61 on October 9, 2008 at 3:27 PM

P.S. Yo, lefties, keep in spending your money on stuff like this! Thank you!

JustTruth101 on October 9, 2008

Please don’t poormouth Onion. Their production skills far exceed this drivel.

SKYFOX on October 9, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Obama is peace, Obama is peace, Obama is religion of peace and hope and change.

Hening on October 9, 2008 at 3:12 PM

fify

JustTruth101 on October 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM

What more do you want from him?

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 3:10 PM

He’s preaching to the choir in Wisconsin, Chicken. He needs to unload this during the next debate. And the only way that Obama can get away with his sh*t is because the MSM is in the tank for him. I don’t think he is a ‘p*ssy’, just want him to defend himself. Stop allowing the Messiah to skate.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM

SKYFOX on October 9, 2008 at 3:29 PM

gp, onion is waaaaaay better

JustTruth101 on October 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM

McCain needs to go full throtle personalizing Ayers, Wright, Pfleger, Resko: not associates–friends, pastors.

BuckeyeSam on October 9, 2008 at 3:34 PM

tru2tx on October 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Ding ding ding!!!

We have a winner!!

Future blog post: Dateline November 3rd, 4th 2008

McCain loses cool at Obama.
Drops in the polls.
Posted by AllahPundit at November 3rd, 2008 10:00 P.M.

Update (AP): 11:00 P.M. Gallup confirms. McCain drops by 20 pts.

Update (AP): 1:00 A.M. Nov. 4th: Zogby confirms, McCain drops by 30 pts.

Update (AP): 12:00:00 Noon Nov. 4th Drudge reports McCain considers dropping out of race…. developing…

Update (Mcguyver) 12:00:01 Noon Nov. 4th: Screw you!!!

Mcguyver on October 9, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Liberals are such whiny wimps. Listen, Obama, your friends Castro, Chavez, Putin, Kim John Il, among many, many other world leaders are rage heads who want to destroy us. What are we going to do about them, produce YouTube docs denouncing their out-of-control rage!?

EMD on October 9, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Is it as good as this parody?

(and here’s the Obama one if you liked that one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIU0Gk0EiH8 )

Darth Executor on October 9, 2008 at 3:42 PM

I wouldn’t worry about McCain’s rage…not with his sidekick.

right2bright on October 9, 2008 at 3:47 PM

My dad was a Navy pilot. He had a temper. I never once misunderstood him.

Patrick S on October 9, 2008 at 3:48 PM

a leftist friend of mine sent me this today.

yawn.

better to have an angry prez than a terrorist @$$-kissing one.

Black Adam on October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Yep. And then you come to these comment threads and see people here screaming that McCain doesn’t have any balls. So he’s damned by his ideological enemies and damned by those who should be supporting him.

And yet he still gets up every day and takes the fight to Obama. And he names names, and promises to take them down, and yet? For HornetSting and so many others, it will never be enough.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Anybody want to email allah and ask if he can find this video? Frank Keating went on MSNBC and had this to say about Ayers:

Now, the words of McCain ally FRANK KEATING, former Oklahoma governor and Special Agent for the FBI, on MSNBC today:

[About Bill Ayers] It does suggest character and judgment. When I was an FBI agent, we were HOT after Bill Ayers. This is an unrepentant terrorist who said in 2001 they didn’t blow up enough.

Remember Barack Obama is a “set piece” [FRONT-MAN?] here — not as a radical and as a terrorist, but as a member of the Illinois state senate.

In 2000, he voted against the entirety of the state budget because it had too much money for corrections. Voted against capital punishment. Voted against people being able to defend their families in their own homes by the use of a firearm. Voted for needle exchanges. Voted against making it a felony for a gang member to go back to gang activity while on probation. These are reckless, extreme, anti-law enforcement leftist positions that I think the American public needs to know about because it shows a lot about somebody’s value system and character.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:10 PM

I see nothing brave or new from this prick — er, PAC.

Spanglemaker on October 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

McCain angry! McCain smash!

lorien1973 on October 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Can this be the “Quote of the Day” tonight? :)

Or maybe McCain’ll let this young lady do it.

inviolet on October 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Yeah, it is frustrating and does feel like a no win situation. He needs to hammer this economy issue every day with more ads as who is to blame. Yesterday my husband said someone had come up to him at work and said it was all Reagan’s fault. Mind you, we live in the SF bay area. I asked him if he explained the subprime F/F mess. He didn’t bother. This person was adamant in that it was all because of trickle down economics. {rolls eyes}

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 5:01 PM

They accuse McCain of assault in that video, shouldn’t they have evidence to back that up?

spypeach on October 9, 2008 at 5:07 PM

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Maybe he could use Sarah on this issue. Have her do some ads showing her anger about it. Use some footage from a stump speech. Or use both McCain and Sarah clips about the issue but the Sarah ones can be the ones showing anger. Then he can say, “I approve this message”.

Just a thought.

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 5:09 PM

**YAWN***

grapeknutz on October 9, 2008 at 6:06 PM

This is the equivilent of whining about Bush’s three decade old National Guard duties.

Speedwagon82 on October 9, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Maybe she wanted to be back-handed. But, that woman convinced me that since she allegedly saw McCain hit a woman, Obama’s qualified to be POTUS.

Christine on October 9, 2008 at 7:09 PM

New lefty ad: “Hey, McCain’s saying, You know, he’s not patriotic enough. He’s got a funny name. You know, he doesn’t look like all those other Presidents on those dollar bills, you know. He’s risky. That’s essentially the argument they’re making.”

We’re still waiting for “that one”. Scumbags.

Teddy on October 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Christine on October 9, 2008 at 7:09 PM

“that woman” is Eleanor Apodaca, whose brother was (past tense) a MIA. She and her sister Dolores Alfond refuse to accept the DNA findings from the Government, believing that the Government, at the request of John McCain, is covering up the certainty that her brother is still a prisoner in Vietnam.

The link I’ve posted deserves a view, to get Eleanor’s mindset. [The other woman is named Carol Hrdlicka.]

This Youtube shows an interaction by McCain with Dolores Alfond after personally maligning McCain’s efforts on their behalf. McCain had obviously come to the conclusion that Alfond/Apodaca’s belief that the government was covering up MIA incidents were counterproductive to the achievement of closure by other families with MIA issues.

In particular, the allegations are that McCain conspired to shut down the search for MIA as part of his thrust to achieve normalized relations with Vietnam. These people, acting on that thought, are doing all they can to assure that McCain is not elected.

unclesmrgol on October 9, 2008 at 9:43 PM

All the people in the ad saying McCain is angry look angry.

LibTired on October 9, 2008 at 10:16 PM

“This is not passion, this is deep hostility and anger toward another human being”

Doesn’t this describe the entire left?

jjjen on October 10, 2008 at 1:17 AM