Boehner declares war on ACORN

posted at 5:05 pm on October 9, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Congressional Republicans have finally demanded an end to federal funding for ACORN after more than a dozen states have opened investigations into fraud in their voter-registration efforts.  House Minority Leader John Boehner has not only called to end that funding for ACORN but also for all federal candidates to stop contracting with ACORN while investigations continue into their business practices:

House Republican leader John A. Boehner of Ohio escalated the war on ACORN today, calling for it to be cut off from all federal money and going so far as to call for a ban on ACORN contracting with candidates for federal office.

ACORN, a community organizing group allied with Democrats, has been blamed by the GOP for pushing housing policies that Republicans say contributed to the housing crisis. It has been the subject of investigations for voter registration fraud and its Nevada offices were recently raided. …

ACORN receives federal money through the affordable housing trust fund after that money has been sent to states and local governments. So Congress, to keep the group from getting money, would need to specifically forbid ACORN from being eligible to get federal funds.

“Contracting for services between candidates for federal office and ACORN, as Sen. Obama has done, must end,” says Boehner. “Now that the taxpayers own Fannie Mae, any funding from Fannie Mae’s nonprofit foundation to ACORN must stop.”

The federal government should never have funded ACORN in the first place, especially when it and other organizations like it take partisan positions in elections.  The very fact that Senator Barack Obama hires ACORN and spends $800,000 on them in a month represents a conflict of interest in providing federal funds.  Essentially, those who earmark funds to ACORN have done nothing different from those who have their legislative aides do campaign work out of their offices — and everyone knows it.

Politico takes a strange position today on the supposed difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud as some sort of mitigation on ACORN.  Supposedly, only the former is an “insult to the democratic process”, but voter registration fraud intends to set the conditions necessary for voter fraud and cannot be distinguished from it.  Registration on this massive scale intends to create placeholder registrations that allow people to cast multiple votes and pervert elections.

The pattern seems very clear.  Wherever ACORN works, they file hundreds and thousands of bogus registrations.  These aren’t isolated incidents, but strongly suggest a systemic effort to undermine democracy.  Not only should taxpayers not fund such an organization, but the Department of Justice should treat it the same way they treat organized-crime syndicates.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I was talking to an old guy the other day who said his dad was precinct committeeman and he used to brag about how there were no Republicans elected in his district. He ran a bar and would give out booze for votes.

No, this kind of thing has been around in form or another for a long time. I do think that ACORN is without a doubt the most ambitious vote fraud scheme of all time however.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 5:53 PM

I’d say this. There needs to be a 2 for 1 special on crack on Nov. 4. See how many Acorn voters actually make it to the precinct to vote ten times.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM

tickleddragon on October 9, 2008 at 5:09 PM

That attitude is why it never does, and, you’re right, probably never will.

It’s why you have two people at a McCain Campaign Rally begging him to talk about a bunch of stuff. It’s because Republicans are ALL too damn chickensh!t and worried about being unemotional little intellectuals above getting into a fight to do anything about it.

It’s why time and time again nothing happens with the fence we’re supposed to be building to keep illegal immigrants out. Illegal immigrants who, by the way, are very much a reason the housing market is a bust. Who exactly do you think some of those poor people were that got some of those sub-prime loans? So illegal immigrants got to buy the house next door to me and I lost 30% of the value of my home in 6 months.

And Republicans will just whine and complain behind closed doors, but they’ll never stand up front and center and fight, and they’ll NEVER ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

And so the story goes.

Sultry Beauty on October 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Stop trusting Politico…. it’s a total fraud.

MNDavenotPC on October 9, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Next step – write or call your Congressman/Senator – cut off funding!

dugan on October 9, 2008 at 5:58 PM

As long as ACORN is getting the right kind of people to the polls this November, I don’t care about their fate. Hey, I’m honest.

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM

The “right kind of people”, huh? You have no problem with voter fraud, as long as the “right kind of people” get to the polls?

And after you’ve used ACORN to advance your socialist agenda and get your man in a position of real power, you don’t care what happens to them? Well, don’t worry. If Obama wins, his partners in crime will be with us for a very long time, I’m sure.

You’re right about one thing. You don’t need to be worried about what happens to ACORN. You’ll have plenty of other things to worry about, once you get your wish. The kind of people you support only pretend to care about people like you, Phil, up and until the point where you’re no longer useful to them. That’s the dirty little secret.

Crack open a history book sometime.

capitalist piglet on October 9, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Can Planned Parenthood be next on the chopping block please?

m064404 on October 9, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Could we please stop pretending that Politico is a source for news or reasonable opinions? It stinks over there.

Dorvillian on October 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Like Odopey’s plane?

K1P1 on October 9, 2008 at 6:01 PM

MB4:

Why doesn’t Bush go after voter fraud? Remember the 9 fired Attorneys? New Mexico? Voter fraud? Ring a bell?

Now the Democrats are going to try and sic the Justice Department on Bush for pushing a lawyer to go after voter fraud.

Makes you wonder.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:01 PM

And so the story goes.

Sultry Beauty on October 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM

5 million dollars worth of mortgages to illegal aliens.
They are costing us $53 billion, at least, per year for services.
I want my money back until you get the leaches out of our country!
I’ll bet your neighborhood looks like a shadow of its former self, right?

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Okay, after reading his name for several months and NEVER hearing the media say his name, I gotta ask…is it pronounced Boner?

Coronagold on October 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Consent results in equal guilt, bucko. Enjoy.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM

That is nothing less than the illiberal, totalitarian philosophy that the end justifies the means. If ever there was a philosophy of government totally at war with that of the Founding Fathers, it is that one.

MB4 on October 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM

MB4 on October 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Amen, amen, amen!!

In other news, the Liberals are still chanting:

DON’T CARE!!! DON’T CARE!!! DON’T CARE!!!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 6:07 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM

No, you’re stupid and gullible. An Obama supporter, clearly.

HornetSting on October 9, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Stop trusting Politico…. it’s a total fraud.

MNDavenotPC on October 9, 2008 at 5:58 PM

I’ve said that for a long time. Why or when anybody started to think they were some kind of reputable news source is beyond me.

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Makes you wonder.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:01 PM

So you are saying that the have achieved “Mission Accomplished” and now have Bush totally intimidated?

MB4 on October 9, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Coronagold on October 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Bay-ner. But I’ve called him Boner too. I think it’s German, and the “e” after the “o” is how they do umlauts in English.

Anna on October 9, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Man, I go out to buy groceries and come back to find out war has been declared. Gotta put away the perishables and catch up.

I have to admit, I’m developing a crush on Boehner*…

*if I were a guy, I guess there’d be a smarmy pun in there, huh?

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 6:11 PM

They should make an ad about Acorn and include Obama’s freudian slip clip sayin “The ACORN does not fall far from the tree.”

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Anna on October 9, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Phew! Thanks for the clarification. I was having gender identity problems with my new crush.

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Anna on October 9, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Cheese umlauts?

As for ACORN, I can’t think of an organization that is more deserving of a visit by the IRS, Justice, Ice, Homeland Security, SWAT, Sheriff Andy Taylor, and Dick Cheney’s shooting instructor.

Limerick on October 9, 2008 at 6:14 PM

artchick:

That is a good idea.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:14 PM

The tragedy unfolding in UK – 11 years of Socialism coming home to roost in the form of a demographic death spiral and a debt mountain built on totally unsustainable entitlements that just gets higher every day, might be where the USA is heading right now.

If Obama is elected and gets his way, things look dark indeed.

Obama is keen on unaffordable entitlements and keen on undermining the state. The UK is the object lesson here – massive unaffordable public spending and the provision of ‘rights’ for those who would destroy it. Shortly you will see the only surviving terrorist of the Iran Embassy siege released from a UK jail and given state handouts (it has been in all the UK papers) because repatriating him would endanger his ‘human rights’.

History says this only ends one way – in chaos and downfall.

Powerful societies are not defeated from without, they are destroyed from within.

Reasons to be positive.

Ares on October 9, 2008 at 6:15 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM

You are everything I despise in a person.. you care only about what your perceive to be the right way.. others thought like you as well in 20s and 30s in Europe..

You are no different than the follower of a Mugabe or his ilk..

If someone wins and does so through honest balloting.. I’ve got no problem…

I can only hope you don’t have any children now or ever.. you are not an example to be looked up to…

theblacksheepwasright on October 9, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Hey, I don’t know what umlauts are called in English – they’re the little dots over letters. At least, I think his name is pronounced like that, unless there’s another guy named Bayner. I used to think they were two different people, because I listen to the news without watching a lot.

Anna on October 9, 2008 at 6:16 PM

MB4:

No, I am saying that maybe all this stuff about ACORN has been going on under the radar for longer than we realize. I wondered why those Democrat Senators were so peeved that a few US Attorneys had been fired, maybe all of this was part of the same thing.

Terrye on October 9, 2008 at 6:17 PM

This was going on in Florida 2000 (ever wonder why the Florida precinct officials dragged their feet on the recounts? I believe they knew there were ALREADY shennanigans going on and were afraid the new counts would expose them to legal problems and jail time – sorry, not worth it Al Gore!) and possibly Ohio in 2004. With these near successes, ACORN has expanded (with US and Obama cash) with current investigations in 12 battleground states. Obama doesn’t like elections, he needs to FIX them so he can win.

jerseyman on October 9, 2008 at 6:17 PM

You are no different than the follower of a Mugabe or his ilk..

theblacksheepwasright on October 9, 2008 at 6:16 PM

DING DING DING
We have a winna

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM

The ‘right kind of people’? Phil, you racist, you!

Vashta.Nerada on October 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM

philnewkirk on October 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM

End justify the means, eh? Nice.

dugan on October 9, 2008 at 6:21 PM

All the voter fraud issues are more than likely linked together, perhaps through ACORN. Florida 2000, Ohio 2004, (2006 ?) the AG firings for not investigating voter fraud. The Democrats can not handle fair elections. They know they will lose so they have to cheat any which way they can. The US system of local precincts and state certification, along with local voter registration goes a long way in limiting massive voter fraud. ACORN and the Democrat party have worked hard to loosen the controls that limit voter fraud. The Florida State Supreme court opened the door in 2000 by extending the deadline for certification.

jerseyman on October 9, 2008 at 6:26 PM

The most important thing is to keep ACORN in the public light, wrap this corrupt organization around Obama, and tie the whole lot to the Fannie Mae/mortgage industry fiasco. From a little acorn such grand corruption grows.

Obama is a corrupt politician.

EMD on October 9, 2008 at 6:27 PM

All this while the polls are using disproportional higher numbers of Democrats in the polls. Lots of fraud to go around.

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 6:27 PM

“If we stole the election, we stole it fair and square.”
-James Carvelle Nov 2000

kurtzz3 on October 9, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Obama is a corrupt politician.

EMD on October 9, 2008 at 6:27 PM

+10

I admire you for posting that, EMD, even though you are a raaaaacist!

/sarc

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 6:29 PM

The important component of this is that WE ARE PAYING FOR ACORN to be in operation.. I am super pissed about it. This is one thing that MCcain can strip when he gets in.

reshas1 on October 9, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Hurray for Boehner. At least someone in Congress found a pair.
What gatorboy cahville said in Nov 2000…

Christine on October 9, 2008 at 6:30 PM

While associated with ACORN, Obama the community organizer, helped encourage sub prime loans that led to the current Fannie/Freddie mess, and getting out the vote. He argued for the Motor Voter Law on behalf of ACORN and trained future ACORN leaders. Many of whom no doubt, have been registering voters illegally across the country. Obama’s hands are so deep in this and it is all connected (through Ayers and ACORN). All his experience leads to bringing down the financial economy and undermining the electoral voting system.

jerseyman on October 9, 2008 at 6:33 PM

This is a little too late. Not to mention that even if they nail ACORN and write legislation specifically naming ACORN, the same group of ppl will just reorganize under a different name.

lsutiger on October 9, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Which states do not require ID at the polls? My recollection is that I had to show one in Indiana. What about the other states ACORN has been targeting?

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 6:34 PM

I know this sounds over the top, but if Obama is elected in 2008, will we have elections in 2012?

jerseyman on October 9, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Ohio has a voter ID law

William Amos on October 9, 2008 at 6:38 PM

jerseyman on October 9, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Of course.

And the resulting Conservative Revolution will probably throw most of the Democrats up for reelection in 2010 out of Congress and the Senate.

LegendHasIt on October 9, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Ayers gets educational grant money ($50 large) —> Gives money to Obama to distribute –> Obama hands money to ACORN –> Obama represents ACORN in lawsuit to get low interest loans –> ACORN helps Obama get elected

Am I missing a link?

kurtzz3 on October 9, 2008 at 6:45 PM

but will it make the news…we always complain about the republicans not getting there message out…but if no one will consistently share it they can scream will hanging on Lincoln’s balls and no one will care.

tomas on October 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Is it possible that ACORN may have been up to dirty tricks during the primaries as well? Maybe they helped steal the democratic nomination for Obama as well. That would help make a lot of sense out of his getting the nod.

redshirt on October 9, 2008 at 6:47 PM

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Here’s the link of that clip:

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 6:50 PM

No ID ha to be shown in CA…but they already have us locked up…

CCRWM on October 9, 2008 at 6:50 PM

redshirt on October 9, 2008 at 6:47 PM
Not merely a possibility, it is a fact.

LegendHasIt on October 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM

redshirt on October 9, 2008 at 6:47 PM

I nsaw a documentary made by a PUMA that tells how Texas and some other states with Caucuses were stolen from Hillary Clinton. There was a lot of fraud and chaos and people turned away from voting . When I find it I’ll post the link…

CCRWM on October 9, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Well, if we are going there, then how about PBS/NPR?

CC

CapedConservative on October 9, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Here is the deal Enron…The republicans suck

ACORN- both parties are too blame

That is the way the media is.

tomas on October 9, 2008 at 6:54 PM

That is the way the media is.

tomas on October 9, 2008 at 6:54 PM

For a second you had me worried you’d suddenly run and jumped off the deep end… then I caught this part, and all is well. Carry on. :)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 9, 2008 at 6:55 PM

This is it… Nov 4th is going to be crazy and very chaotic in some swing states…that is part of the plan and how ACORN gets away with a it… I don’t think this election will not be decided until Jan or Feb…

CCRWM on October 9, 2008 at 6:56 PM

not me brutha…I may not be popular…but i will never be a democrat.

tomas on October 9, 2008 at 6:57 PM

that should make it understandable…

CCRWM on October 9, 2008 at 7:01 PM

No ID ha to be shown in CA…but they already have us locked up…

CCRWM on October 9, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Yeah that shocked me when I first moved here to CA. I remember the woman seemed offended when I showed her my license. Said you don’t need that, like I was whack for pulling it out. In CT, where I’m from, you had to show id. An id should be req. everywhere.

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 7:05 PM

They just showed pictures on Fox of Acorn offices and the staff they hire. This is a radical group targeting the poor and displaced and turning their votes into political Soylent Green. They shill only for the Democrats, and Barrack Hussein is in it up to his African fanny’s left cheek. Of course he just stopped in and used the bathroom once, and has had no other connection.

This needs to be acted on now and fast on a Federal level. These people are stealing elections and have probably been doing this type of things for at least a decade.

Hening on October 9, 2008 at 7:07 PM

They do work for him

tomas on October 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Some Obama adviser..or was it KP…said Obama never worked for ACORN. We have no proof there was a connection…they said.

They are total lying, idiots.

becki51758 on October 9, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Stop calling for it and introduce some damn legislation.

drjohn on October 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM

jerseyman on October 9, 2008

Ages ago, way back in High School,, I used to wonder how countries like Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy,, came about.
I was surprised to read that Hitler actually was voted into office. Then, others, who thought they could control and manipulate Hitler, assisted him in his rise to absolute power.
Never, ever thought I would live to see a day like this. The Clinton’s were bad enough. Now this man.
The thought of an Obama President and a 60 vote Democrat Senate,,,
The first things they will do is set about to destroy the Republicans that remain,, and any other Republicans that might get in their way later,, such as Sarah Palin. They will go after Bush, they will go after talk radio, they will expand campaign finance to include nearly everyone but them,, I think they will go so overboard with draconian new laws that it will be a massive repeat of 1994! One can only hope.
If the Republicans don’t take the majority back in 2010,, well, we could all just move to Texas. Always wanted to wear cowboy boots.

JellyToast on October 9, 2008 at 7:17 PM

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Me too, same reaction when I moved out here (SoCal). I stuck my ID under her nose anyway.

My dad is a poll judge in MD and apparently during the primaries he got into a big ruckus with some of the other poll workers over who they were letting vote. I won’t be a poll judge in a state where they don’t require ID. I’m afraid I’d get into a “traumatic” situation (as James Carville would say).

When I lived in Boston (Belmont, actually) during the Clinton years and my hubby and I went to register they actually had old names on the registry at our address (we were renting). When we pointed it out, the clerk said “oh, we’ll just leave those on there too in case they want to vote.”

This fraudulent stuff has been going on for a long time, but this ACORN thing is on a much bigger scale and it ties directly to a Presidential candidate. I hope they nail him (no savior imagery intended).

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM

I live in OH and believe that if McCain pulls it off here, it would be nothing short of a miracle from God. The level of voter fraud happening here is beyond belief.

The Attorney General is crooked and took advantage of a supposed ‘loophole’ in the law to allow registering and voting on the same day.

congratulations_universe on October 9, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Speaking of media coverage — I think tomas brought this up — I just went to FoxNews.com and the most prominent story (with photo) is about a doll with the headline “PLASTIC PREACHER Outraged parents claim doll says ‘Islam is the light’”. What gives with Fox? They have gotten so friggin’ tabloid, especially on the web site. It’s embarrassing… well, not as bad as MSNBC, but still.

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 7:23 PM

As someone upthread said, it’s about damn time! Sadly I, too, think it’s probably too little, too late. My concern now is whether there will be anything left of the Republic to rescue in 2012?

stoutcat on October 9, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Pass this around to any of your friends and family who are still considering voting for Obama

CCRWM on October 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Y-not on October 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM

I think its pretty messed up that you can’t write a personal check without a license but you can vote without one. Like somehow requiring an id is discriminating.

artchick on October 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM

ACORN = RICO

rhodeymark on October 9, 2008 at 7:57 PM

More like the tree doesn’t grow far from the ACORN

rhodeymark on October 9, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act of 1970
RICO!!!

I’d like to see people in handcuffs being led away into a very large police transport vehicle.

tru2tx on October 9, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Well, if we are going there, then how about PBS/NPR?

CC

CapedConservative on October 9, 2008 at 6:53 PM

funky chicken on October 9, 2008 at 8:05 PM

How about a Fed Judge issuing a Cease and Desist order?

Obama is the Godfather of Acorn. An organized crime syndicate.

roninacreage on October 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Everyone who says it’s too late….shutup! IT’S NEVER TOO LATE…NOT EVEN FOR THE WICKED…You are looking for a way to do nothing. STAND UP…SAY NO, BO..YOU MARXIST ZIT! The SOUL of our nation is at stake. Racial social engineering and the sub-prime markets have put us on the brink of a catastrophe…pull back and hold..and NEVER…NEVER..NEVER repeat or forget.

gracie on October 9, 2008 at 8:50 PM

One word: DEBARMENT.

Stroke of death for folks receiving federal money.

They don’t have to list all those convictions in their reps and certs? Ridiculous.

DrSteve on October 9, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Why is it that some of us have known about this for a long time, but nobody cared and the offenses just kept happening? It should have never gone on this long or got this far.

It really angers me.

Bob’s Kid on October 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Exactly: Too little, WAYYYYYY too late: The election is about 30 days away.

sanantonian on October 9, 2008 at 9:25 PM

The federal government should never have funded ACORN in the first place,

The federal government should never have funded PBS in the first place,
The federal government should never have funded NPR in the first place,
The federal government should never have funded the NEArts in the first place,
The federal government should never have funded Planned Parenthood in the first place,
The federal government should never have funded (fill in the blank) in the first place…

jgapinoy on October 9, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Everyone repeat after me!
RICO, RICO,RICO,RICO.

ic1redeye on October 10, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Have the Republicans found the balls they lost in 2002? I’m hoping. We need to fight to keep America free from communism. Fight with me, right John.

Mojave Mark on October 10, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Ha, without ACORN there’s no hope for Obama victory.

promachus on October 10, 2008 at 12:40 AM

Don’t forget about La Raza (the Race)………. while your at it.

Seven Percent Solution on October 10, 2008 at 1:26 AM

If the fraudulent registrations are still being unwound in three weeks and the election is close, we could have a real constitutional crisis. If that happens, look for a contest to see just how brazen the four left-wing judges on SCOTUS are willing to be. (“We must accept a hundred counterfeit votes to ensure that one real one is counted!”)

If this is big enough that the MSM can’t ignore it, it could poison a lot of races for the Dems. On the other hand, it could turn the nutroots out in force out of fear that sanity might rule the day.

njcommuter on October 10, 2008 at 3:50 AM

I can’t believe that Ms Placed Democrat has more respect for the Republicans at any time in my 49 years. I like this Boehner….and believ me I know he is doing the right thing. I will see Sen Pat Roberts on Sat, this former Hillary supporter and Democrat is marching with him and for McCain/ Palin. I will let Roberts know I want him to get on the band wagon and stop funding ACORN. Then I will call Brownback and Tiahrt and let them know I want them to do the same. No more handouts…to ACORN….I wish they would become the Albatross around Obama’s neck that knocks him out! Read my blog sometime….

msplaceddemocrat.wordpress.com

navyvet48 on October 10, 2008 at 3:58 AM

PBS started out good but has recently lost any reputation it might have had. I am dating myself but one day the kids were watching Electric Company…they were doing words….and one of those words was this: sin is really in without the S. Ugh! I really disliked that show. PBS in Kansas does do some good KS history on its channel, sewing and quilting which I do, and painting which I do….all self taught! Otherwise I can’t stand the channel anymore.

navyvet48 on October 10, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Don’t forget about La Raza (the Race)………. while your at it.

Seven Percent Solution on October 10, 2008 at 1:26 AM

La Raza did get money from the housing bill Bush signed into law. ACORN got approximately $234 million in funds. It has been proven that ACORN Housing Corporation funnels money to its political arm ACORN and Project Vote…see Kurtz’s Inside Obama’s ACORN for more on that!

navyvet48 on October 10, 2008 at 4:06 AM

Can one identify those voters that registered via Acorn? If so, can they be investigated and challenged, or alternatively, can I beat them to the polls to vote Republican under those names (oops, that was a hypothetical)?

lionheart on October 10, 2008 at 9:42 AM