Video: Has-been bores audience, screams about Palin

posted at 1:55 pm on October 8, 2008 by Allahpundit

I’m giving you two clips; in the first one, skip ahead to 1:40 for the Palin stuff. Why two, given how similar they are? Because, if the YouTube descriptions are accurate, they came from two different concerts. The first allegedly is from Monday’s show at the Garden, the second from last night’s. That is to say, this is actually part of her act now. And as with every aspect of her shtick, particularly the political aspects, to the extent that there’s any shock value it lies in how lazy and unimaginative this is. Of course she hates Palin; of course her fans hate Palin. The safest political bet in America is Madonna crapping on the darling of middle-class conservatives in one of the country’s bluest cities. And daredevil that she is, she took that bet. Of course.

Or is there something more to this than laziness? Camille Paglia, always interesting if a bit nutty:

As I said in my last column, Palin has made the biggest step forward in reshaping the persona of female authority since Madonna danced her dominatrix way through the shattered puritan barricades of the feminist establishment. In 1990, in a highly controversial New York Times op-ed that attacked old-guard feminist ideology, I declared that “Madonna is the future of feminism” — a prophecy that was ridiculed at the time but that turned out to be quite true. Madonna put pro-sex feminism on the international map.

But it is now 18 years later — the span of an entire generation. The instabilities and diminishments for young women raised in an increasingly shallow media environment have become all too obvious. I had grown up in a vibrant pop culture with glorious women stars of voluptuous sensuality — above all Elizabeth Taylor, sewn into that silky white slip as the vixen Manhattan call girl of “Butterfield 8.” In college, I feasted on foreign films starring sexual sophisticates like Jeanne Moreau, Anouk Aimée and Catherine Deneuve. Sex today, however, has become brittle and superficial. Except for the occasional diverting flash of Lindsay Lohan’s borrowed bosom, I see nothing whatever that is worth a second glance. Pro-sex feminism has worked itself out and, like all movements, has degenerated into clichés. And even Madonna, with her skeletal megalomania, looks like a refugee from a horror movie.

She’s ready for her close-up, Mr. DeMille. Content warning, of course, with the clips, but take ‘em with a smile. Like I said once before, it’s fun to watch old ladies curse.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What an old bag…glad I havent spent 1 penny on any CD of hers.

who cares what she thinks anyway? She lives in England.

becki51758 on October 8, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Madonna has sold everything to make it to the top. She means nothing to me. Never liked her. She is a skank. Go back to England where you belong!

sheebe on October 8, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Camille, by the end of her tour Madonna’s probably going to be channeling Lloyd Bensten against Dan Quayle, and running around the stage going “I knew Susan B. Anthony and Sarah Palin, you are no Susan B. Anthony!”

jon1979 on October 8, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Wow, Madonna doesn’t like Sarah Palin?

I’m voting for the messiah!

gmoonster on October 8, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Nice try Allahpundit, I am not watching Madonna do, say or bang on or bang any/one or thing!

Dr Evil on October 8, 2008 at 3:47 PM

You know what’s really hilarious about this? That Madonna the “skank who needs to go back to Europe” actually thinks she has any credibility when it comes to making comments on presidential candidates. That’s a real side splitter! Stop, you’re killing me!

scalleywag on October 8, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Should have posted the palate cleanser AFTER this one, Allah. Now I have to wash out my eyes with Drano and my ears with battery acid.

ManlyRash on October 8, 2008 at 1:59 PM

LMAO…you slay me ManlyRash!

Liberty or Death on October 8, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Dr Evil on October 8, 2008 at 3:47 PM

hahah, yea I took his word for it. My mouse knows better than to click on that thing. Not only that, but I just had lunch.

scalleywag on October 8, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Now for a palate cleanser…

3 Doors Down: Citizen Soldier

3 Doors Down: When I’m Gone (with Navy footage)

Disturbed: Indestructable

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Dude, thanks. I really needed that. However, I had to suppliment with Creed and Nickleback to fully sanitize myself…

Wyznowski on October 8, 2008 at 3:23 PM

I like you guys’ tastes. :D Doing likewise, and I haven’t even seen the video. ;)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 8, 2008 at 3:54 PM

And Palin did it not by opening her legs Madonna… but by using her brains.

Suck on that.

Skywise on October 8, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Excellent point! It reminds me of something she said in an interview where she was lamenting the fact that she hates being “pigeon-holed” as a sex symbol and is not being viewed as a serious artist or actress!

In my mind I thought…”Madonna you ignorant slut…you started and built your career on being a ‘sex symbol’ and now you have the nerve to complain about not being take seriously?”

Heh, first you have to have some talent, which Madonna does not have and the only thing she had was her ‘sex symbol’ persona which for the life of me I can’t figure out to this day as I have never found her in the least bit attractive, especially now that she’s an old hag tha is pathetically trying to remain in her 20′s!

Madonna isn’t just a has-been whore, she’s a f-ugly has-been whore loser!

Liberty or Death on October 8, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Considering that slimy slut has been drilled more often than the north slope oil fields, I doubt SarahCuda would urinate on that skank if she were on fire in the middle of the street.

csdeven on October 8, 2008 at 4:17 PM

But, hey, let’s go ahead and splash this all over the place to make our case, further our cause, and just to hear O say he denounces that sort of vile rhetoric…AGAIN.

Mommypundit on October 8, 2008 at 2:15 PM

I don’t know about that, I keep jumping from one blog to another to try to get away from this. My laptop is complaining that it feels itchy.

neuquenguy on October 8, 2008 at 4:18 PM

My transition from liberal to conservative was helped along by a reading of Paglia’s “Tramps and Vamps”.

Her political incorrectness was, at the time, both shocking and exciting as I’d already begun to question the dogma of both the gay and feminist movements.

I may not always agree with her but she’s certainly never boring.

The Ugly American on October 8, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Like I said,the FEM Pissing wars….I piss on you therefore I still am. Sarah Palin is the real deal & It rocks the bogus boat.

lobosan5 on October 8, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Isn’t it somewhat presumptuous of Madonna to assume that Sarah Palin would even accept an invitation to one of Madonna’s parties?

Joshua P. Allem on October 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I allegedly steal her music constantly by downloading it from isohunt.com, then give the crap away. Nobody wants it, but I allegedly steal it because I hate her more than she hates Palin.

lionheart on October 8, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Why is she wearing a guitar? The woman couldn’t play a kazoo…

mojo on October 8, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Why is she wearing a guitar? The woman couldn’t play a kazoo…

mojo on October 8, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Yeah…she shoulda stuck to the skin-flute.

soundingboard on October 8, 2008 at 5:04 PM

With a mouth that dirty, I now know she has been working in the wrong kind of movies.

Black Adam on October 8, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Oh God… I seriously doubt Palin would have come even if she was invited, Ma-Donna.

Seixon on October 8, 2008 at 5:09 PM

*Yawn*

Bored now….

tickleddragon on October 8, 2008 at 5:43 PM

jon1979 on October 8, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Priceless.

Glynn on October 8, 2008 at 6:01 PM

…Madonna is on stage in front of a lot of people, many of whom by the end of the show must’ve considered stampeding the box-office for a refund, having to ask the audience if they’re bored….

…they prolly paid the better part of a mortgage payment for tickets to see this morally-challenged, superannuated tart, so it might be considered a legitimate question, if one considers self-preservation…if the rest of the show was like the snippets shown here, with the audience singing most of the stuff and not the over-paid entertainer, she should consider the risk of getting shivved if any of the paying gawkers comes on stage…it’d only be justice….

…a nearly talentless prima donna, looking like a steroids-pumped version of Grandma Walton, “reinventing” herself for the last twenty-five years, needs to wake up and smell the Geritol….

…the only men who’re impressed by her anymore are drag queens…the only women impressed by her anymore are…well…drag queens…same demographic…probably loses a few when you do the math….

Puritan1648 on October 8, 2008 at 7:09 PM

Whatta scank.

mindhacker on October 8, 2008 at 7:23 PM

I never had to pay to go to a “party”.

Madonna charges her “friends” to go to her “party”?

Greedy b*tch.

profitsbeard on October 8, 2008 at 7:43 PM

… she must be related to Claire McCaskill in some way… VERY classy!

/sarc

MsUnderestimated on October 8, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Like many europeans (native or adopted,” “madonna” just doesn’t get that irony is a rhetorical device, not a lifestyle.

The origin of her shtick, the name “madonna” attached to a woman who gyrated and sang about casual sex on stage, and fellated pop bottles in viral videos (yes, they existed before You Tube), is lush irony, and everything she’s done since has been ironic – being taken seriously just isn’t on the table.

Merovign on October 8, 2008 at 8:47 PM

“…it’s not a Barbra Streisand show”

Really old lady, sure sounds like one.

silenced majority on October 8, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Somehow I don’t think you’re going to find any Madonna Cd’s in Gov Palin’s music collection. I get the impression she likes the Rock music, just look at the name she gave to here newborn son.

Trig Pax Van Palin.

Dreadnought223 on October 8, 2008 at 8:48 PM

you can put lip stick on Madonna and she is still a pig

Denniscat on October 8, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Disturbed: Indestructable

You do realise that.. er… hmmmmm…

Nevermind. Go back to listening to that strong conservative music..

Reaps on October 9, 2008 at 12:29 AM

She can’t play guitar. She might play another instrument.

Kini on October 9, 2008 at 2:14 AM