Prayers for Dean Barnett

posted at 9:00 pm on October 8, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

So often in this business, we become friends with people whom we’ve never met face to face.  That’s certainly true of Dean Barnett of the Weekly Standard.  I’ve long admired his writing, and Dean has always been kind enough to request me as a guest whenever he guest hosts for Hugh Hewitt. He calls me his “crazy uncle”, a humorous reference to Jeremiah Wright.

My friend Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson tells me that Dean has had to be admitted to the hospital and is currently in the ICU with a terrible attack of his cystic fibrosis.  I’d like to ask Hot Air readers for their prayers for my friend and his family.  I know they will appreciate the support.

I’ll update you as I hear more.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Prayers up. Dean is one of the good guys.

steveegg on October 9, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Any updates?

Blake on October 9, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Ditto to Chowdah!My thoughts and prayers to Dean and his family.

NavyWife on October 9, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Just prayed. So sorry to hear this. What a great guy.
I have faith our prayers will strengthen him, by the grace of God.

God bless you Dean. Get well soon!

lisalj on October 9, 2008 at 9:04 AM

I’m praying in my southern accent that we will all be able to hear his New England Chowdah accent back on the radio soon.

Brat on October 9, 2008 at 9:11 AM

My prayers are with you Dean.

skeneogden on October 9, 2008 at 9:50 AM

It’s all a roll of the dice…..enjoy the ride while you can.

LimeyGeek on October 9, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Best wishes to him and his family from the Atheist contingent.

jlibson on October 9, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Dean and I had a brief back and forth when Fred Thompson announced his candidacy. He accurately called Fred’s diminishing sheen which I thought would never come.

If any Hotaireans are interested in sending him a note:

soxblog@aol.com

macummings on October 9, 2008 at 1:08 PM

It’s all a roll of the dice…..enjoy the ride while you can.

That’s deep. Thanks for contributing.

Jim Treacher on October 9, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Dean America needs your strong voice at this point for the battle against the tyrants that would sell our country out. Get rested now and return asap, our prayers are with you and your loved ones.
thanks Jack

nowhiners on October 9, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Dean has passed away.. Our prayers to his family.

Dasher on October 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM