Debate Live-Blog and Chat!

posted at 8:00 pm on October 7, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

The second John McCain/Barack Obama presidential debate will start at 9 PM ET, and Hot Air will be at the forefront of instant commentary! I’m using the Cover It Live system again tonight, but I’m combining it with the Ustream chat room from my show. That way the community can interact with each other as well as with me while I live-blog the debate. Jazz Shaw from The Moderate Voice will be moderating the chat, and don’t forget to register at Ustream to participate!

I believe that this embed will have the debate live, and you won’t need to go anywhere else to watch:

What keys should we keep in mind tonight?

• McCain – He gets his preferred town-hall format, but that really doesn’t mean much, since Tom Brokaw has already selected the questions.  The format won’t allow for follow-up questions, either, which probably helps Obama more than McCain, who does a pretty good job counterpunching.   Instead, McCain needs to hammer Obama on Fannie Mae, taxes, and spending, and paint him as a backbencher who has no accomplishments other than getting himself elected.
  • Obama – He has an easier task tonight.  Obama knows McCain will get aggressive, just as he does in every debate.  He’ll do better to speak to general themes of discontent, ignore McCain, and stay positive while focusing on his own plans for government.  Every time McCain forces him to defend himself, he plays more and more on McCain’s turf.
  • Tom Brokaw – I’m more optimistic about Brokaw than some others, although I think I’d prefer Brit Hume or even Jim Lehrer.  Brokaw has enjoyed his senior-statesman status at NBC, and I suspect he also enjoys being the anti-Olbermann there as well.  Watch for bias in topics and question construction, but I predict that Brokaw will give a balanced performance tonight.

After the debate, I’ll talk with Hugh Hewitt to give my perspective, at around 10:30 pm CT.  I’ll also work on a final summary of the debate, probably for posting tonight.  Don’t miss a moment of it here at Hot Air!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 13 14 15

Thank You Saint Olag!! I needed that!! :)

beachkatie on October 7, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Maybe we should see if the Libertarian Party will take us if we bring Sarah with us.

huckleberryfriend on October 7, 2008 at 11:38 PM

I disagree and voted for Obama.

carbon_footprint on October 7, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Saying obnoxious things will not inspire anyone to click to your blog, either.

Jaibones on October 7, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Saint Olaf:

I never said this was just McCain’s plan. I said the overall idea behind buying or purchasing mortgages now was to slow the slide in real estate values. It will also help keep credit flowing.

Now, if you all prefer to see it go to hell then run on that, but I don’t think it help you win any elections.

Terrye on October 7, 2008 at 11:38 PM

The knockout punch was Mccain’s economic plan to fix the housing crisis and the credit crunch.

People won’t get it until tomorrow.

Slow death for Hussein.

SaintOlaf on October 7, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Yes. You’re stuck. Because you made the claim that “You defend everything he does” and that’s not true. Because I don’t.

As I just said, McCain would have to adopt every single issue of Barack Obama’s and then go even worse for me not to support him when he’s up for election and it’s either Obama or McCain.
And as I also said, that’s a tall order, since Obama is the most liberal senator of 2007.

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:39 PM

What I don’t understand is why Americans place too much importance on debates and speeches?

Are Americans more stupid and shallower than Australians? I hope not. Are you voting for the best debater or one who can best run the economy and nation. If you vote for style over substance no wonder you always end up in a bad spot.

Crux Australis on October 7, 2008 at 11:40 PM

SaintOlaf on October 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Well, why don’t we also do this with car loans?
The secret here is, they don’t let you screw around on car loans, so these geniuses have to make their payments.

Now we’re telling them that they are safe NOT making their payments on their houses.
So… why, with Uncle Sugar being so generous, should they make the house payments since they will simmply shift the money over to the car payments, where those boys play hardball?

TexasJew on October 7, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Okay, let me nuance that so you’re not offended. I’ve not seen anytime on this site where a criticism has been laid at McCain’s door where you haven’t defended him. But sure, I’m sure you wouldn’t defend some of the stuff he’s done, so that was sloppy on my part.

Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Crux Australis

Best debater? No.

I’ll be casting a vote for the person I think will do the most good. Also, I’ll not be casting my vote for the person who will do the most harm. Some people are still undecided and it’s the answers to the questions and if they beleive the candidates that they will hopefully vote for.

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Spirit:

If you actually read the Constitution there are a lot of things that government {federal, state, municipal} does that are not in there. That does not make them unconstitutional. That is what the Supreme Court is for.

Terrye on October 7, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:42 PM

When McCain won the republican primary, he became the republican nominee. A vote for someone like Bob Barr or a write-in vote for Hannah Montana by a conservative to protest McCain has the same effect, helping Obama because a vote is not cast for the republican in a two man race.

DO you understand this concept?

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Andy McCarthy from The Corner

You Guys Are Nuts [Andy McCarthy]

We have a disaster here — which is what you should expect when you delegate a non-conservative to make the conservative (nay, the American) case. We can parse it eight ways to Sunday, but I think the commentary is missing the big picture.

Here’s what Obama needed to do tonight: Convince the country that he was an utterly safe, conventional, centrist politician who may have leftward leanings but will do the right thing when the crunch comes.

Now, as the night went along, did you get the impression that Obama comes from the radical Left? Did you sense that he funded Leftist causes to the tune of tens of millions of dollars? Would you have guessed that he’s pals with a guy who brags about bombing the Pentagon? Would you have guessed that he helped underwrite raging anti-Semites? Would you come away thinking, “Gee, he’s proposing to transfer nearly a trillion dollars of wealth to third-world dictators through the UN”?

Nope. McCain didn’t want to go there. So Obama comes off as just your average Center-Left politician. Gonna raise your taxes a little, gonna negotiate reasonably with America’s enemies; gonna rely on our very talented federal courts to fight terrorists and solve most of America’s problems; gonna legalize millions of hard-working illegal immigrants.

McCain? He comes off as Center-Right .. or maybe Center-Left … but, either way, deeply respectful of Obama despite their policy quibbles.

Great. Memo to McCain Campaign: Someone is either a terrorist sympathizer or he isn’t; someone is either disqualified as a terrorist sympathizer or he’s qualified for public office. You helped portray Obama as a clealy qualified presidential candidate who would fight terrorists.

If that’s what the public thinks, good luck trying to win this thing.

With due respect, I think tonight was a disaster for our side. I’m dumbfounded that no one else seems to think so. Obama did everything he needed to do, McCain did nothing he needed to do. What am I missing?

10/07 11:18 PM

chasdal on October 7, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Crux Australis on October 7, 2008 at 11:40 PM

You hit the nail on the head, friend. These things are supposed to be about plans and ideas, but they seem to degrade into some sort of high school popularity contest.

Laura in Maryland on October 7, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Obama’s attitude about Iraq is enough all by itself to make me vote against him.

Terrye on October 7, 2008 at 11:45 PM

TexasJew on October 7, 2008 at 11:40 PM

This is not about incentives to not pay your mortgage..

There is a REAL housing/credit crisis.

If we do nothing..hundreds of millions will suffer.

Do YOU want to go bankrupt?

Or not be able to find a job?

SaintOlaf on October 7, 2008 at 11:45 PM

chasdal, wise_man, Spirit –

Don’t make me pull over this car!

(Just kidding.) ;-)

Y-not on October 7, 2008 at 11:45 PM

In other words, what good does it do to trash the only man who is against the democrat who wants to be president. AFTER the primary is over. It’s “Operation chaos” home grown eddition. It’s what the democrats want us to do. It’s to our detriment to form a circular firing squad and to the benefit of Barack Obama. In the primary, you can vote for whoever you want. You can’t cast a .8 vote for McCain and a .2 vote for Obama in november. You cast one vote.

My thin red line is that McCain would have to adopt every single Obama position. At that point, I’d flip a coin. Or write in the tooth fairy in the elction booth.

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Texas Jews:

Car loans are not a threat to the global financial system.

Terrye on October 7, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Terrye on October 7, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Terrye, I’ll be happy to discuss any detail of the Constitution you like, but the fact is that is why the Bill of Rights explicitly states the following: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The powers that are “not in there” (your words) are powers that do NOT belong to the federal government.

The Supreme Court is not intended to be used as a backstop. This is one of the places where the current President has failed us, to be frank. It is to judge and overturn bad law, but it should not have to be incumbent on the citizenry to always sue over bad law. The court doesn’t have capacity to handle that workload, and moreover the essence of that argument is that the Congress and Ex should do whatever they like and the Supreme Court will just filter it. That way lies the end of a Republic.

Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Terrye on October 7, 2008 at 11:43 PM

wow, you really need to read the Constitution sometime.

the 10th Amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

the feds cant just make up powers, they do but its not constitutional.

chasdal on October 7, 2008 at 11:47 PM

SaintOlaf on October 7, 2008 at 11:45 PM

I’ve got a job.
I drill oil wells. And keep oil production.
And from the crap that I heard tonight, I have no fear for my economic future.

TexasJew on October 7, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Thanks for that link on Iceland; Wiseman.

Unfortunately, that is a presage to what is going to happen in America unless we get some genuine conservatives to lead. Both major parties are pushing us in that direction. The Democrats just a little faster.

LegendHasIt on October 7, 2008 at 11:48 PM

DO you understand this concept?

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Of course I do. You think I’m for Obama. Damn, dude. I didn’t even criticize McCain, I asked you a question. Damn, every comment isn’t an attack at you, I’ve moved on pass your history here.

Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Car loans are not a threat to the global financial system.
Terrye on October 7, 2008 at 11:47 PM

But laws forcing good people to subsidize deadbeat scumbags are.

TexasJew on October 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Off topic: Great article by Thomas Sowell – The Real Obama

electric-rascal on October 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Sorry, but Mac could adopt every Obama position, become a transgender wiccan, and get an abortion, but I would still trust the guy more with Iran and the other bad guys out there.

Laura in Maryland on October 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM

I know that in Australia John Howard wasn’t a very good debater but was one of the best (if not best) Prime Ministers that Australia has ever had.Crux Australis on October 7, 2008 at 11:40 PM

And where is he now?

atxcowgirl on October 7, 2008 at 11:51 PM

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:43 PM

I agree Wise Man.

I would ask you guys to take a minute before you go off the deep end in your evaluation of this debate and think our chances are weaker. Being active duty, I think it’s not just that we need to win, but also that we can’t lose. If the Democrats take the White House and hold the Senate and House, the accomplishments we’ve made in this war on terror will be lost. What we’ve done and the ones that have died will have gone for nothing. Friends of mine. Friends and family of yours. Reach down and tighten up for battle in the last couple weeks.

Tonight was a worst a wash and there are 30 days till election day. That’s an eternity in politics.

hawkdriver on October 7, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Arggh… what happened to the link?

Try article link again: The Real Obama

electric-rascal on October 7, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Too many policy wonks in here. This needs to be looked at from the eyes of an independent voter.

Did McCain put himself on the road to gaining credibility on domestic issues?

Was McCain believable?

Was he passionate?

Did he distance himself from Bush?

Answer those questions and you’ll be closer to understanding how he did.

csdeven on October 7, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Tonight was “at” worst a wash…

hawkdriver on October 7, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Alan Colmes reminds me of a wet fart.

Ugly on October 7, 2008 at 11:52 PM

This is not about incentives to not pay your mortgage.. There is a REAL housing/credit crisis. If we do nothing..hundreds of millions will suffer. Do YOU want to go bankrupt? Or not be able to find a job?

SaintOlaf on October 7, 2008 at 11:45 PM

The default rate is not that much higher than average. And people with fixed rate mortgages are not having increases in mortgage payments, so why are they having a problem.

The problem (imo) is people with little cash in the game and investors who have little to lose by walking away. Probably also some people with fixed rate mortgages who took out home equity loans. But I still don’t understand if they could pay their bills last year why they can’t pay them this year.

I have yet to see any explanation of the increase in defaults that makes sense.

huckleberryfriend on October 7, 2008 at 11:52 PM

TexasJew on October 7, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Regardless of whether your job is recession proof or not…the point is most people’s businesses and jobs AREN”T.

We can force the housing market to bottom out, keep credit flowing and it’s not spending because we’ll make it back in profits.

SaintOlaf on October 7, 2008 at 11:53 PM

You think I’m for Obama.
Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

no, I don’t allah

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Laura in Maryland on October 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM

And another good answer to that question.

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:56 PM

no, I don’t allah

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Okay. I give up. No chance of reasonable dialogue between you and me, I guess.

Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:56 PM

I dont think you are for obama. I said what’s the point of attacking mccain after whe won the republican primary

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:58 PM

McCain is only down by three in the latest reuters/c-span/zogby poll with a 2.8 margin of error.

Let’s not get totally lame here. McCain is clearly the right choice and Obama is clearly a corrupt fraud. Plus, Palin is the best thing to come along is quite some time.

Metro on October 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM

I have yet to see any explanation of the increase in defaults that makes sense.

huckleberryfriend on October 7, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Yes, with a steady 5.1% unemployment rate at the time, that is an interesting point. My feeling is, there was a pinch in the gas prices, and these geniuses shoved over the money to the car payments and blew off the mortgage.
Didn’t that deathless genius Jim Cramer tell people to “walk away” from their house payments, since the banks will forgive them? Which is what stupid people with no skin in the game would have done, anyway?
And these scumbags definitely had no skin in the game, with their no-money-down mortgages, and Fanny and Freddy kissing their ass…

TexasJew on October 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Many Negative Amortizing loans monthly payments drastically increased after a few years…they’re now coming due.

Imagine paying 1%-2% and then shooting up to 6%+

It’s like paying $500 a month and then having to pay $1,500+ a month. Foreclosure.

SaintOlaf on October 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM

SaintOlaf on October 7, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Define a “profit” in a country with a so-called EITC, which is a damn welfare payment. How about shitcanning that scam and sending this so-called “profit” money back to the 2008 Federal taxpayers (and I don’t mean FICA)or their heirs, in amounts proportional to their 2008 payments, since they will actually be paying the bill for this fraud?

TexasJew on October 8, 2008 at 12:03 AM

@ Metro on October 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Ill fix that for you. Obama is clearly the wrong choice, and McCain is our only other option. He became the Republican nominee because serious candidates didn’t want to risk ruining their political chances by trying to run beginning at such a huge political deficit because of Bush.

muyoso on October 8, 2008 at 12:04 AM

SaintOlaf on October 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM

They signed the contracts, didn’t they?

TexasJew on October 8, 2008 at 12:04 AM

McCain was McCain – a full RINO. Game over. Need to buy more ammo for the coming civil war.

bill30097 on October 8, 2008 at 12:05 AM

SaintOlaf on October 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM

I was talking about the fixed interest mortgages. I’m wondering if maybe a large part of the problem is variable rate home equity loans. People run up their credit cards, consolidate into a variable rate home equity loan, and then bam. There is something we are not being told about these default mortgages.

huckleberryfriend on October 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Huck would have at least made this debate bearable. His “spending money like John Edwards at a beauty parlor” was a highlight of the primary season.

Speedwagon82 on October 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM

huck would have been unbearable! his populist pap makes me want to puke.

chasdal on October 8, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Mccain doesn’t want it and I no longer believe he has the will nor the ability to pull this out.

Congratulations to the 60′s-70′s generation and their Soviet handlers. In but just one generation we will have seen the greatest nation on earth destroyed from within.

Dust off and run a check on your SHTF bag. Stock supplies and bullets, its going to be a rough ride.

I have a feeling come November 5, 2008 we are going to be feeling allot like many of those poor Venezuelans who understood what just happened to their nation the day after Chavez was elected.

On to top of this backdrop I have good money that says in the first 2 years of an Obama presidency we will see
-Russia re-absorb Ukraine, Georgia (+rest of Caucus), Central Asian Republics (unless China steps up first).
-China will be leaning hard VERY hard on Tiawan
-Iran will subvert or invade Iraq, either way we will see it flip to the Iranian orbit with Syria, Hezbollah-land/Lebanon, Gaza & greater Gaza aka West Bank.
-Afghanistan will be turned over to a reformed Taliban that is not so reformed
-AQ will attack US which will result in massive expansion of domestic security. Port, Airport, Boarder, national ID tag, travel permits, etc.
-Economy will get worse which will of course result in larger government expansion, more nanny state, more taxes, MUCH more regulation, more more more government which will of course cause more Economic problems which will of course require more government loop rinse return start over etc..

The idea of Ayers pissing on the Lincoln bedroom bed… a commie f*ck that should have been hung long ago. Errrrrrr

I hate to be a pessimist but we really are FUBAR big time.

C-Low on October 8, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Nothing from Ed or AP since I e-mailed them this morning,
Two days later, old news I guess.

Ok, good enough. I posted last Sat. night that I was going to drive down to the anti-Palin protesters in Burlingame CA and cover that event with my “CamCorder of Truth”.

I uploaded my latest adventure in the “breach” of “liberal Land” on YouTube last night.

The three part thriller does not leave time for you all to view now. But, bookmark it for later viewing.

I gave several “shout outs” to HA for being there for us.

Libs at there best.

Enjoy, like I enjoyed making them unhappy for a few hours.

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM

1. Obama just talks about Iran
2. Iran builds nuke(s)
3. Iran gives nuke(s) to Al Qaeda
4. Al Qaeda sets off nuke(s) in American Citie(s)
5. President Obama does nothing
6. Military takes over and civil war erupts.

This is why the US is not mentioned in the Book of Revelations

bill30097 on October 8, 2008 at 12:25 AM

1GooDDaDDy on October 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Sweet. I’ll watch it at lunch tomorrow. Thanks.

Spirit of 1776 on October 8, 2008 at 12:26 AM

I heard from a friend still in the CIA. This “financial crisi” was manufatured. Why do you think that this phoney crisis erupted just after McCain took a significant (outside margin of error) lead in the polls. Can anyone say China/Soros? Face it folks – arm up before Jan 20, 2009.

bill30097 on October 8, 2008 at 12:29 AM

No we absolutely will not. She is a big government social conservative republican.

We libertarians are not disaffected republicans, and we don’t care for your social conservatism or your big government solutions.

paulsur on October 8, 2008 at 1:01 AM

No point in deserting a Party that was fairly competent until recently for one that was NEVER competent.

Going to have to start a new one, from scratch, to do any good.

LegendHasIt on October 8, 2008 at 1:08 AM

I wonder, was the principal from The Breakfast Club talking about Obama supporters when he said: “You think about this: when you get old, these kids – when *I* get old – they’re going to be running the country. Now this is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night. That when I get older, these kids are going to take care of me.”?

Send_Me on October 8, 2008 at 1:10 AM

Okay. I give up. No chance of reasonable dialogue between you and me, I guess.

Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Good call…..BUT,

I know you are a determined and driven individual, and it is a good trait most of the time. But it does tend to make one hang in on situations that were clearly lost causes long ago.

lol

csdeven on October 8, 2008 at 1:15 AM

Which programs should be cut? Which candidate has the balls to stand up and say that health care isn’t a right and it is up to each state and their citizens to deal with that issue?

csdeven on October 8, 2008 at 1:22 AM

Yes they are. Even in the Great Depression, 75% of people who wanted a job had one.

Yes, let’s get that credit flowing so people can borrow even more money that they can’t pay back. And by the way, if there is a profit to be made, there’s no need for government to buy them, someone in the private sector will. Just ask Wells Fargo.

You gotta love those folks who believe the solution to problems caused by government is even MORE government. As if we need the government to “force” the housing market to bottom out. The housing market seems to be doing a pretty god job of that on its own.

xblade on October 8, 2008 at 1:56 AM

Can someone please explain to me how McCain got to be the nominee when it is clear he doesn’t want to be POTUS? Why did he run and take the spot of someone who would fight to win?

The only consolation I can take from his campaign is Sarah Palin 2012. But the 4 years it will take to get there are going to be truly frightening – Iran going nuclear being chief among those fears. Clinton gave us North Korea and Obama is going to give us Iran.

SimplyKimberly on October 8, 2008 at 2:07 AM

Okay. I give up. No chance of reasonable dialogue between you and me, I guess.

Spirit of 1776 on October 7, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Should have never wasted your time, my friend. The man is a perpetual self-made victim. He just himself said that if McCain agreed with Obama on every issue he would still vote for him:

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:39 PM

In other words, even though he fears Obama, he would not fear McCain if he was just as dangerous. That is the paradigm of the faithful, not of the supporter. I loved Reagan, but had he agreed with Jimmy Carter on everything, I would have no more respect nor support for him than I would for Carter.

Also note that this is the same guy who challenges the intelligence of every person he disagrees with on this site by asking them if they know that McCain is the republican nominee. The dude could give condescension lessons to Christopher Hitchens.

MadisonConservative on October 8, 2008 at 2:17 AM

If I could have envisioned the most horrible, awful, terrible possible outcome, this would be it. I’m not giving up yet — but, damn, you’ve made it difficult to imagine victory, Mac.

grits on October 8, 2008 at 2:39 AM

….Ummm….McCain/Palin is still gonna win..:D

dec5 on October 8, 2008 at 2:42 AM

Car loans are not a threat to the global financial system.

Neither were home mortgages — home mortgages, for crying out loud! — before the Democrats diddled with them.

Give them a chance, and they’ll cause a worldwide depression by screwing around with kids’ milk money.

Bartrams_Garden on October 8, 2008 at 4:09 AM

Holy cripes..Zogby new poll Obama ahead by….1.9%????

Three Day Tracking Poll
10-7
Obama
47.1%
McCain
45.2%

Others/Not sure
7.7%
7.0%

malkinmania on October 8, 2008 at 6:06 AM

MadisonConservative on October 8, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Hey look, you’ve got it wrong again. I detect a pattern here.

wise_man on October 8, 2008 at 9:21 AM

MadisonConservative on October 8, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Probably true, but I did want to know that answer.

Spirit of 1776 on October 8, 2008 at 9:22 AM

No, it’s not true. And I gave you the answer. And I had to repeat it.

wise_man on October 8, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Hey look, you’ve got it wrong again. I detect a pattern here.

wise_man on October 8, 2008 at 9:21 AM

Hey look, I posted your own words, and you called them wrong.

Is it multiple personality disorder, or are you using an Obama line? Did I take them out of context, even though I quoted the entire sentence? I’d say show me where I’m wrong, but I’m too busy having the “lousy life” you wished on me based on your disagreement with me on the current outlook of the electoral map.

MadisonConservative on October 8, 2008 at 9:06 PM

You are really a sad man. Such a delicate flower. Filled with bitterness and hate. Seek counseling.

wise_man on October 8, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Filled with bitterness and hate.

wise_man on October 8, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, irony defined:

You really are an insufferable jerk. Have a f*king rotten day. And while youre at it, a lousy life as well. It’s what you deserve. Creep.

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Liar. A*Hole liar. And making crap up about me that isn’t true. You demented F*k.

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Liar. Go to hell.

wise_man on October 7, 2008 at 11:37 AM

MadisonConservative on October 8, 2008 at 11:34 PM

…and that was all from me linking a website and pointing out the map posted on it. Misrepresenting what Karl Rove said to justify his outlandish claims.

wise_man on October 9, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Yes, because pointing out that he listed Obama as getting 273 electoral votes, which would win the election, is total misrepresentation.

MadisonConservative on October 9, 2008 at 1:09 PM

You added him to your list of people who were claiming that McCain was going to lose. Something that you seem to be cheerleading. You misrepresented Rove as supposedly saying that McCain was going to lose as well, and offered his website as your proof. Lying comes to you as easy as taking a breath. Misrepresenting what other people say is also second nature to you. It’s a personal character flaw that you seem to practice every day, and it’s extremely tiresome. I think that you will be very upset if and when McCain wins because you would like him to lose and Obama to win so we can try again in 4 years. At least that’s what ouve suggested in the past. I sincerely hope that you and the democrats who want McCain to lose are depressed for weeks after election day. Enjoy your third party mentality and the irrelevancy of such. I sympathize that you live in a blue state. But don’t spread your depression and bizarre solutions here to people who want to work for a victory this november, and keep Obama away from the whitehouse.

wise_man on October 9, 2008 at 3:46 PM

wise_man on October 9, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Yep. His website and his electoral map indicated that he believes Obama will get 273 electoral votes, which means he will win, and McCain will lose. Sorry what Karl Rove posted on Karl Rove’s website offends you. Please feel free to tell me how Karl Rove predicting Obama receiving 273 electoral votes means something other than “McCain will lose.”

MadisonConservative on October 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

The election is less than a month away, his disclaimer on his website clearly said as much and this WASN’T HIS OPINION as you claimed it to be. You misrepresented him, you got caught, and you are clinging to this line of yours to save face. Shove it.

wise_man on October 9, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Good news! He’s updated his map! It now shows Obama at 277.

But clearly, it’s got nothing to do with Rove, being on Rove.com and having his face adorn every page.

Clearly.

The truths are these:

Neither of us want Obama to win.

I can handle the idea that he will.
You can’t.

That’s your problem.

MadisonConservative on October 9, 2008 at 5:59 PM

You aren’t addressing the point. The fact is you tried to make it seem that Rove was agreeing with you, and nothing could be further from the truth you *. And you keep changing the subject and want to deflect the truth. Good luck as you try to fool other people here. You aren’t fooling me. You are a cancer on this site.

wise_man on October 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM

You are a cancer on this site.

wise_man on October 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Drama much?

I addressed the point as directly as can be. First of all, I never said Rove agreed with me, I said Rove thought Obama was going to win. I never said I thought Obama would win. What’s what about putting words in people’s mouths?

Secondly, I backed this up with Karl Rove’s website with Karl Rove’s articles, face, biography, and contact information on it. On this site, which kinda seems all about him, there is an electoral map that he created and updates, and the last two of them have indicated that Obama will win. I linked it. Anyone who wants to can click it and see for themselves, as can you.

Then again, this is not the first time I’ve said things, you’ve called me a liar, I’ve supplied direct proof of what I say, and you ignore it. It’s really worthless to talk to you, but I always try.

MadisonConservative on October 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM