Video: The obligatory “Obama Youth” fraternity

posted at 1:15 pm on October 4, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

I’ve been flooded with e-mails to start a thread on the video of the so-called Obama Youth fraternity, and never let it be said that I kept Hot Air readers from a forum that will undoubtedly pile up hundreds of comments. I don’t consider this anywhere near as egregious as Sing for Change, but your mileage may vary:

There is some difference between having 5-12 year olds singing about Barack Obama and this group, which appears old enough to start forming their own opinions on politics. The quasi-military marching disturbs some, but as Jonah Goldberg notes, there is a tradition of this in black fraternities. The mindless chant of Barack Obama’s health-care slogans are less disturbing than comical, at least to me.

The Sing for Change video was clearly more of an exploitation of children for political indoctrination on behalf of the parents involved. The health-care cadence at least discussed policy specifics in the midst of the hero worship. The Sing for Change video makes Obama a demi-god to whom children should sing hosannas, and is much more creepy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Sven – I read some of your analysis of the “Service” speech, and Lindgren’s post at Volokh. I strongly disagree w/ both of you. The passage

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

was not removed from the speech by the handlers or added off the cuff by Obama. It was an intentional part of the speech which he stands by, but was removed from the transcript to keep it out of the official record of the event. Only YouTube alone can verify it was ever uttered.

rhodeymark on October 5, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Exactly….Brad is acting as though I must be some closeted bigot to be afraid of a politician who is invetted in any serious manner, associates with unreformed domestic terrorists unpologetically, and speaks about saving my very soul having such a powerul tool.

I would not want any one on MY SIDE of the aisle having these tools. This man is representing a party that screams and wails about the “rights” of illegal enemy combatants but is happily, merrily, and perhaps unintentionally following a guy who wants the US to have it first million man plus hybid LE/Paramilitary force….

hell even HUD has a swat team these days….

it just beggars my imagination.

So my saying “perhaps in the near future it may be time for us to part company” is “alarmist and inciteful” and Barry gets a pass for saying such things then hiding it from the easily accfessible public record.

It comes to that I’ll be in Texas…history will take care of the rest.

sven

p.s. yes Brad the 888 hate groups(with oddly no Wahabbi funding organizations included) is by far evil and the Klan is the most efvil thing on God’s green Earth…..

can you explain to me whqat Barry means by “civillian national security force” since you are such a fan of me not being able to judge his 1st amendment executions of ideas I find abhorrent?

sven10077 on October 5, 2008 at 1:50 PM

…and the hysterical manifesto continues…

Bradky on October 5, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Brad you seem intent on skipping explaining:

1) why the one seems to want his ownpet Stasi

2) why the one feels the need to hide his desire for a Stasi from the average American if it such a swell idea and worth mentioning twice*

3) why I am not allowed to be wary and antipathetic to the most partisan liberal Senator in the Union wanting this toy

*though admittedly he did go into much further detail on 7/2 than 9/11 eh?

sven

p.s. KKK sucks…888 hate groups but the SPLC can’t find any Muslim groups that fundraise for the terrorist groups in the ME

yadda yadda yadda

sven10077 on October 5, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Maybe his 1984 style civilian military will have an ICE regiment that can serve SWAT style search warrants and clear out the illegals.

*Mojave Mark awakens* Er, what was that…

Mojave Mark on October 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM

*Mojave Mark awakens* Er, what was that…

Mojave Mark on October 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Heh I think he’ll swap illegals legality on a one for one basis with conservatives who speak out…..

//sarc

though in all honesty as I said ABarry will either be Carter’s son or Mao Ze Che….

I am hoping for one and preparing for the other,

sven10077 on October 5, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Alpha Omega? That was inscribed on the doomsday bomb in Beneath the Planet of the Apes. So appropriate a chant on so many levels.

rakofgor on October 5, 2008 at 2:18 PM

rakofgor on October 5, 2008 at 2:18 PM

heh….now now let’s be nice these are fine misunderstood youth with low self-esteem calling for help and thank God the Obaqme$$iah is there for them to praise so they don’t have to bother with praising our nation or the sysytem that gapped them the wealth to ruin those shiny boots…

sven10077 on October 5, 2008 at 2:20 PM

I’m speechless,very Orwellian,yet it has
that Heaven’s gate feel to it!

canopfor on October 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM

I’m speechless,very Orwellian,yet it has
that Heaven’s gate feel to it!

canopfor on October 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Check out these gems….

Barack Obama was a founding member of the board of Public Allies in 1992, resigning before his wife became executive director of the Chicago chapter of Public Allies in 1993. Obama plans to use the nonprofit group, which he features on his campaign Web site, as the model for a national service corps. He calls his Orwellian program, “Universal Voluntary Public Service.”

Big Brother had nothing on the Obamas. They plan to herd American youth into government-funded reeducation camps where they’ll be brainwashed into thinking America is a racist, oppressive place in need of “social change.”

fast forweard that clip to 16 minutes in and ask yourself why Team Bambi omitted it from the transcripts if it is such a wholesome good idea the average American back?

Just as we must value and encourage military service across our society, we must honor and expand other opportunities to serve. Because the future of our nation depends on the soldier at Fort Carson, but it also depends on the teacher in East LA, or the nurse in Appalachia, the after-school worker in New Orleans, the Peace Corps volunteer in Africa, the Foreign Service officer in Indonesia. . . .

Today, AmeriCorps – our nation’s network of local, state and national service programs – has 75,000 slots. And I know firsthand the quality of these programs. My wife Michelle once left her job at a law firm at city hall to be a founding director of an AmeriCorps program in Chicago that trains young people for careers in public service. These programs invest Americans in their communities and their country. They tap America’s greatest resource – our citizens.

That’s why as President, I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots, and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their efforts connected to a common purpose. People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer.

So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods all across the country. We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.

sven10077 on October 5, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Did not ther Germans do this in WWII?????????

foxone on October 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Was this crap done during school hours? When these kids should be learning math and English so they can actually get good jobs after they are done with school?

That’s perhaps the biggest outrage of all. These inner city schools waste their students’ potential to achieve and become productive citizens.

funky chicken on October 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM

I am a Republican, a black, dyed in the wool Republican, and I never intend to belong to any other party than the party of freedom and progress.

Frederick Douglass

Saltysam on October 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Saltysam on October 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Brad’s funny I wanted Condi Rice for the job but “you racist sven”….no at worst I am an idealist like Mr. Frederick “Uncle Fred these days” Douglas….

sven10077 on October 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Michelle’s Boot Camps for Radicals.

sven10077 on Oct 5,2008 at 2:45PM.

sven10077:Thats the one(1,000,000)million jobs that Hopey
is going to create from his acceptance speech,
from the Temple Pillars of Everlasting Change
that he announced at the football stadium!

Energy Corps?= Enviromental Police!

Heres the most(Brown shirts)dangerous term!

A “civilian National Secruity Force” that is
just as POWERFUL,just as STRONG,just as FUNDED”,
as the US.Military!

This is like saying the military is okay,but for
Loyalty,your going to need your own private force,
like the S/S,or Republican guards!!!!

So,Obama has no use for the country’s Military,
but his own ARMY is okay!!!

Thanks sven,that one h#ll of an eye opener!:)

canopfor on October 5, 2008 at 4:27 PM

So,Obama has no use for the country’s Military,
but his own ARMY is okay!!!

Thanks sven,that one h#ll of an eye opener!:)

canopfor on October 5, 2008 at 4:27 PM

I suspect that in the event Barry wins but prior to him taking power a lot of places like HotAir will post it before they are “fairness doctrined”.

sven10077 on October 5, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Sven,
You are disturbed.

Bradky on October 5, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Dear Bradsky, etal,

I stand with Sven. I think he understands the gravity of an Osamabamabidenreidpelosiayersetal alliance.

Yes, we are disturb with the thought os a Stalinist USofA.

I hope very much he’s/I’m wrong.

davidk on October 5, 2008 at 5:12 PM

This was from the “Urban Community Leadership Academy” in Kansas City. It’s grades 5-9.

District: Kansas City 33
Grades: 5-9

1524 Paseo Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816)483-8035

Vizzini on October 5, 2008 at 5:50 PM

I’m sure that, in this long thread, someone has pointed out that these dupes are chanting “Alpha, Omega” at the beginning.

baldilocks on October 5, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Because of the Alpha and Omega…because of Obama…

baldilocks on October 5, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Alpha Omega? Obama is the beginning and the end?

This has to be a joke, right?

Mr. Joe on October 5, 2008 at 6:10 PM

I guess [Jonah] thought the Alpha and Omega is a black fraternity.

econavenger on October 4, 2008 at 2:33 PM

the style is reminiscent of “stepping’–a phenomenon popularized by black fraternities and sororities. Alpha Phi Alpha and Omega Psi Phi, however, are two separate and competing black fraternities.

baldilocks on October 5, 2008 at 6:14 PM

The problem is I see a lot of Black Conservatives playing soft on Barry.

sven10077 on October 4, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Not this one. I’m more of your mindset…and preparing to leave my city quickly if need be.

baldilocks on October 5, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Jonah, being Jewish, would be excused if the Alpha/Omega reference didn’t slap him in the face right away like it did me.

rhodeymark on October 5, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Juliette – no matter what happens please let us know that all is well at your earliest possibility. I just told my wife your (and your Father’s) story. I also sent a small bit toward the school awhile back. She is now concerned for the first time how serious this could possibly be.

rhodeymark on October 5, 2008 at 7:20 PM

rhodeymark on October 5, 2008 at 7:20 PM

God bless you. Not panicking, just preparing.

There will be more about the school soon, one way or the other.

baldilocks on October 5, 2008 at 7:39 PM

There will be more about the school soon, one way or the other. – baldilocks on October 5, 2008 at 7:39 PM

What is your take on the Alpha-Omega chant, BL? Do you think they are chanting in reference to their fraternity ID or is it something more idolatrous? I still can’t be sure.

ManlyRash on October 5, 2008 at 8:01 PM

The comments on the video are encouraging in that they are mostly negative.

SouthernGent on October 5, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Revelation 1:8
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Rev 21:5-8
5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”

6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

7 “He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

8 “But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Rev 22:12-13
12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

13 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
NASU

davidk on October 5, 2008 at 8:24 PM

The million dollar question —–

Why couldn’t they do these before Obama ran for President?

And on the bright side of things (if there is one) at least I didn’t hear anyone say they were inspired to be the next great rapper. Or producer. Or gangsta thug.

moonbat monitor on October 5, 2008 at 8:28 PM

ALPHA and OMEGA, indeed.

Less creepy than as damn funny as break dancing.These guys will grow up, get a job, wonder who the mo’fo’ named Mr. FICA is, and get a life. At least one can HOPE.

I love step shows…and enjoyed my share in college…..but this is just beYOND goofy.

seejanemom on October 5, 2008 at 8:31 PM

If you put these fat chumps (who are 15-17 at MOST)in some gold lame kick pleated cheerleading skirts with big purple pompoms, they might actually make it onto ESPN in their lifetimes.

seejanemom on October 5, 2008 at 8:38 PM

moonbat monitor on October 5, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Agreed; many of them seem to be, ummm, clean and articulate.

SlimyBill on October 5, 2008 at 8:41 PM

baldilocks on October 5, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Always room by the campfire for people who believe in America….

I truly think things’ll be okay or at a minimum we’ll endure but “be prepared”.

sven10077 on October 5, 2008 at 9:54 PM

this is the beginning of the same type of youth movement as so did Nazi Germany

randynacol2002 on October 5, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Two words:
“Naziesque” and “Ridiculous”

ErinF on October 5, 2008 at 10:47 PM

The problem is I see a lot of Black Conservatives playing soft on Barry.

Check Thomas Sowell’s latest at Townhall. Great, as always, and far from soft:

But the country does not deserve to be put in the hands of a glib and cocky know-it-all, who has accomplished absolutely nothing beyond the advancement of his own career with rhetoric, and who has for years allied himself with a succession of people who have openly expressed their hatred of America.

rhodeymark on October 5, 2008 at 11:10 PM

The times,..they are uh changin;

christene on October 5, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Look, if these little punks actually want to become what they say, they would quit marching around like a bunch of idiots and spend there time studying. Quit yapping and actually do it. Osama ain’t gonna help them get anywhere; that is their job.

In short, shut up and study!!

Bubba Redneck on October 5, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Bubba Redneck on October 5, 2008 at 11:45 PM

less time at the dance recital and the buffet line.. more time at the desk with the books..

DaveC on October 6, 2008 at 12:31 AM

A bit OT, but speaking of indoctrination, I saw 2 spots promoting Obama on Nickolodeon yesterday, similarly sung by children/young teens. Didn’t see one for McCain. I found this to be a bit disturbing and outrageous.

loudmouth883 on October 6, 2008 at 7:13 AM

Can anyone say “Chavista?”

Some people say I’m nuts when I say Obama will be our Hugo Chavez. Then I see stuff like this that confirms I’m right.

Then I read this:

It seals it.

Pcoop on October 6, 2008 at 7:58 AM

Too bad they were not inspired by Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, Lynn Swan, even Colin Powell. At least they have all accomplished something.

Oh, I get it, they think they can “become the next…” without having to accomplish anything like Father Obama…Hmm, now I see what a great roll model he is. (snark included at no extra charge)

InTheBellyoftheBeast on October 6, 2008 at 8:48 AM

pathetic

D2Boston on October 6, 2008 at 8:49 AM

SlimyBill on October 5, 2008 at 8:41 PM

That’s storybook, man..

DaveC on October 6, 2008 at 9:11 AM

Interesting that Obama is the alpha and omega to these porky para-militaries. That has until recently been the unique title reserved for Christ. I suppose “Son of God”, and “Lamb of God” are to be revealed in the coming weeks as well. It would appear Obama has surpassed simple political titles and has entered the realm of a god.

Hening on October 6, 2008 at 9:11 AM

Are we repeating 1929? These are the >Obama< youth. Where are their snazzy red armbands?

dogsoldier on October 6, 2008 at 9:12 AM

Buzz the story guys! The button is right there at the end of the post. The Huffs and other leftists are dominating social sites like digg and yahoo buzz. We should change that.

arma_virumque on October 6, 2008 at 9:29 AM

What the hell is up with that ridiculous cheerleaderish choreography?

LOL! Oh YEAH… this kind of thing is really gonna scare the panties off the world’s terrorists!

ErinF on October 6, 2008 at 10:08 AM

THE LEADER IS GOOD THE LEADER IS GREAT
I SURRENDER MY WILL AS OF THIS DATE

Nananananananana fishiiiing
fishiiing

HAHAHA OH WOW on October 6, 2008 at 10:13 AM

SIEG! HEIL!

Spanglemaker on October 6, 2008 at 10:21 AM

DaveC on October 6, 2008 at 12:31 AM

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba Redneck on October 6, 2008 at 10:24 AM

I remember going to movies in the early 1940s and watching newsreels of the war and this is very reminiscent of pictures of Hitler’s youth groups. Watch out for Obama he is frighteningly dangerous.

rplat on October 6, 2008 at 10:57 AM

“Because of Obama…”

Going viral
Flesh and Blood Obama youth in camo paramilitary gear.

Calm Before the Storm on October 6, 2008 at 11:17 AM

I suggest you all take a very active roll in monitoring what your local schools are up to in the future, if you haven’t already.

Disturb the Universe on October 4, 2008 at 2:14 PM
————————————————————
Agreed. I absolutely do. My 14 yr. old son is taking a Global Studies class in high school and have been talking presidential politics. Out of the whole class only he and two other kids said they wouldn’t vote for Obama. The Obama supporters in his class cited McCain’s age as the reason they wouldn’t vote for him. He was disgusted that they couldn’t come up with one good reason to vote for Obama yet dismisses McCain simply because of his age. The teacher didn’t discuss further and my son thought the teacher was in the tank for Obama.

Cpoy2 on October 6, 2008 at 11:41 AM

so when these bozo’s are in class giving a presentation do they use “Because of Obama” to preface every sentence?

OF COURSE NOT!!

Organized black gangs trying to take over the “community”. What is it that Barrack Hussein Obama did back in Chicago?

Calm Before the Storm on October 6, 2008 at 11:49 AM

My God. Do they know how stupid they look?

morganfrost on October 6, 2008 at 12:07 PM

District: Kansas City 33
Grades: 5-9

1524 Paseo Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816)483-8035

Vizzini on October 5, 2008 at 5:50 PM

FOX News is reporting that the teacher who put together this little “song and dance” and posted it on the internet has been fired.

From FOX News:

Joyce McGautha, superintendent of the Urban Community Leadership Academy, a charter school for students in fifth through ninth grades in Kansas City, Mo., said that the video was probably taken last May during the Junior Fraternity’s morning meeting at the school.

She would not disclose the teacher’s name. “At this time because of the legal action that we’ll probably have to take against the teacher, I’m not going to give his name,” McGautha said.

Students at the school have 30-minute group sessions four times a week during which they are supposed to work on reading and writing [emphasis mine]. Once a week they are allowed to have “activities,” McGautha said. There are 12 groups at the public charter school.

In the video, eighth- and ninth-graders wearing military camouflage pants and navy t-shirts chant and perform a routine in the style of a step show, a dance popular among African-American fraternities at universities.

The students enter the room chanting “Alpha. Omega. Alpha. Omega.” Then, one at a time, they state things they were “inspired” to do by Barack Obama, including becoming an architect and a sheriff. At the end of the video, the students make statements about Obama’s healthcare plan. “Obama’s healthcare plan will be able to provide participants the ability to move from job to job without taking their healthcare coverage,” one says.

The Junior Fraternity students had studied Obama’s economic plan and should have also studied that of John McCain, the superintendent said. She said she did not know if the teacher or the students decided to base the routine on the plan.

Oh, these kids decided on their own last May (which to me means May of 2007 but I believe she means May 2008) to disect Osama/Obama’s health care plan. Question: who bought the Osama/Obama shirts for them? Their parents? Jihad Johnny?

Bubba Redneck on October 6, 2008 at 1:57 PM

The need to offer worship and adoration can be very strong in humans.

YiZhangZhe on October 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM

The whole “alpha, omega” thing creeps me out the worst…they are putting Obama at the diety level on par with God himself. Skip that junior ranking Jesus Christ Messiah crap, let’s go right to the Big Kahuna!

Wyznowski on October 6, 2008 at 3:12 PM

RE: “Soft” black conservatives. I got this in an e-mail today.

TERRY ANDERSON, A BLACK LOS ANGELES TALK RADIO HOST, WENT DOWN A LIST OF THINGS SENATOR OBAMA HAS SAID THAT ARE NOT EXACTLY CORRECT.

Obama’s Not Quite Exactly:

1.) Selma March Got Me Born – NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 – Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965.

2.) Father Was A Goat Herder – NOT EXACTLY, he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter – NOT EXACTLY, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom – NOT EXACTLY, your cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first widespread violence in decades. The current government is pro-American but Odinga wants to overthrow it and establish Muslim Sharia law. Your half-brother, Abongo Oba ma, is Odinga’s follower. You interrupted your New Hampshire campaigning to speak to Odinga on the phone. Check out the following link for verification of that….and for more.

Obama’s cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and tried to get Sharia Muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the elections, his followers have burned Christians’ homes and then burned men, women and children alive in a Christian church where they took shelter.. Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here started. Google Obama and Odinga and see what you get. No one wants to know the truth.

5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian – NOT EXACTLY, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn’t allow her to have been one of 14 wives to 1 man.

6.) My Name is African Swahili – NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and ‘Baraka’ (from which Barack came) means ‘blessed’ in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.

Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother’s side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father’s side. While Barack Hussein Obama’s father was from Kenya , his father’s family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama’s father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father’s birth certificate even states he’s Arab, not African Negro).

7.) I Never Practiced Islam – NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run for office. 4-3-08 Article ‘Obama was ‘quite religious in Islam”

8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian – NOT EXACTLY, you were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for making faces (check your own book). February 28, 2008. Kristoff from the New York Times a year ago: Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as ‘one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.’ This is just one example of what Pamela is talking about when she says ‘Obama’s narrative is being altered, enhanced and manipulated to whitewash troubling facts.’

9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian – NOT EXACTLY, not one teacher says you could ever speak the language.

10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia , I Have More Foreign Experience – NOT EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn’t even speak the language. What did you learn except how to study the Koran and watch cartoons.

11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs – NOT EXACTLY, except for Africa (surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise), you have never been anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience with our closest allies.

12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion – NOT EXACTLY, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify – your classmates said you were just fine

13.)An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office – NOT EXACTLY, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn’t, and never did, exist.

14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life – NOT EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn’t, and never did, exist.

15.) I Won’t Run On A National Ticket In ’08 – NOT EXACTLY, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.

16.) Voting ‘Present’ is Common In Illinois Senate – NOT EXACTLY, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 PRESENT or NO VOTES.

17.) Oops, I Mis-voted – NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by church groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your mis-vote.

18.) I Was A Professor Of Law – NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer – NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill – NOT EXACTLY, you didn’t write it, introduce it, change it or create it.

21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass – NOT EXACTLY, it took just 14 days from start to finish.

! 22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill – NOT EXACTLY, your bill was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation – mainly because of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, from which David Axelrod came.

23.) I Have Released My State Records – NOT EXACTLY, as of March, 2008, state bills you sponsored or voted for have yet to be released, exposing all the special interests pork hidden within.

24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess – NOT EXACTLY, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens. You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.

25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America – NOT EXACTLY, your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0, and even YOU voted against your own bill.

26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois – NOT EXACTLY, even your own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.

27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year – NOT EXACTLY, they were not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office.

28.) No One on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA – NOT EXACTLY, the Canadian Government issued the names and a memo of the conversation your campaign had with them.

29.) I Am Tough On Terrorism – NOT EXACTLY, you missed the Iran Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah supports the destruction off Israel ..

30.) I Want All Votes To Count – NOT EXACTLY, you said let the delegates decide.

31.) I Want Americans To Decide – NOT EXACTLY, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.

32.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate – NOT EXACTLY, you passed 26, most of which you didn’t write yourself.

33.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics – NOT EXACTLY, you used tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.

34.) I Don’t Take PAC Money – NOT EXACTLY, you take loads of it.

35.) I don’t Have Lobbyists – NOT EXACTLY, you have over 47 lobbyists, and counting.

36.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad – NOT EXACTLY, your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.

37.) I Have Always Been Against Iraq – NOT EXACTLY, you weren’t in office to vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single time.

38.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care – NOT EXACTLY, your plan leaves us all to pay for the 15,000,000 who don’t have to buy it !

39.) My uncle liberated Auschwitz concentration camp – NOT EXACTLY, your mother had no brothers and the Russian army did the liberating.

So, who EXACTLY is this Obama guy and what is he trying to sell us?

davidk on October 6, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Video no longer available.

IrishEi on October 6, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Video no longer available.

IrishEi on October 6, 2008 at 6:28 PM

sven10077 on October 6, 2008 at 9:06 PM

some guru needs to save these for posterity and repost them as needed….

“yes we can”!

sven10077 on October 6, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Like I need another reason to be on guard when a group of young black men approaches me on the street.

argos on October 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM

This is what you get when you let the left teach your children the basics of Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic, mind numbed robots that do not know how to read, write, or add or subtract.

The only thing they lean that resembles mathematics is how multiply for the purpose of dividing everything you have worked hard for among themselves without working for it.

MSGTAS on October 7, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Sorry aengus didn’t see it linked already.

fivebeers2002 on October 7, 2008 at 10:28 AM