Palin: Permit me to inform you of some Supreme Court decisions with which I disagree

posted at 4:45 pm on October 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

Sounds like she prepped just in case Ifill decided to sandbag her by revisiting one of her Couric lowlights. As it is, she seems almost eager to show how many cases she can rattle off. Three good ones: The child-rape death penalty travesty to which even The One objected, the Exxon Valdez decision which she sort of has to name since she’s already on record as objecting to it, and a third that’ll make the hearts of rock-ribbed conservatives everywhere leap. Exit quotation: “I’m accessible. And now that the debate is over … the wings are flying here. Let’s soar, let’s get out there and speak to voters and let them know what their choices are.” Has the ‘Cuda been freed?

Update: “Imminent” domain?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

FREE THE BEAST!

lorien1973 on October 3, 2008 at 4:49 PM

How many of these Cameron things are there gonna be? They’re good

lodge on October 3, 2008 at 4:50 PM

McCain is still headed for a loss (despite my hopes to the contrary) but Palin is looking better and better for 2012. That natural lighting and wonderful backdrop works great for her. She looks like a lady liberty for the new millennium.

D0WNT0WN on October 3, 2008 at 4:50 PM

If the Cudda has really been freed, I think Obama and Biden are soon to be needing some bite proof BVD’s. She has shown that she knows very precisly that what they all thought was her greatest weakness, that being her lack of a DC pedigree, is going to be her greatest asset. She is not going to play their game by their rules.

MikeA on October 3, 2008 at 4:52 PM

“Imminent” domain?

may be more accurate

right2bright on October 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM

YAY, Sara’s been set free !!
Hmmm, where’s Joe today. ;-)

pambi on October 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM

I preferred her hair as it was at the RNC though.

lodge on October 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Good work.

Of course, that’s only because Fox is not fair and balanced right?

originalpechanga on October 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM

I heart Palin, she rocks! And I’m glad Fox gives her a chance to answer questions w/out chopping 1/2 of the sentence out.

BTW Who were these “troubled conservatives”?

Spirit of 1776 on October 3, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Exxon Valdez was a GD slam dunk for her during the Couric interview, I was shocked she left it out. It’s all too little too late and in the wrong network though, people wont pay attention to this.

Cardiganfox on October 3, 2008 at 4:54 PM

MCCAIN CAMP TURN THIS LADY LOOSE NOW .SHE IS YOUR ONLY HOPE NOT YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR GOOD FRIEND AL GORE111111

thmcbb on October 3, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Saracuda! Thank goodness for second chances. Too bad they don’t exist off the campaign trail too…

Trent1289 on October 3, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Has the ‘Cuda been freed?

No. She’s chained to McCain. By the way, where is the head of the GOP ticket today? Taking pictures with Dems while Obama blames the GOP for the credit crisis.

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Update: “Imminent” domain?

That’s how I say it, too. What’s the whoop?

lorien1973 on October 3, 2008 at 4:56 PM

I preferred her hair as it was at the RNC though.

lodge on October 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Really? Because that is soooo relevant to her performance.

I preferred Joe Biden’s higher forehead last week.

JAM on October 3, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Update: “Imminent” domain?

It’s called an “accent”.

thirteen28 on October 3, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Who cares what people think…

Chudi on October 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Update: “Imminent” domain?

Can you just not stop yourself, Allah?

MayBee on October 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM

“Imminent” domain?

Are you sure it’s not just her accent? (Can’t see the video myself to confirm)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM

I love the fact that she calls it the “Main Stream Media”..

DaveC on October 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM

“the wings are flying here. Let’s soar, let’s get out there and speak to voters and let them know what their choices are.” The Eagle Takes Flight?

The “exit quotation” comes from an article in the Washington Times, where she essentially says that no matter what she does with a media question, “you’re going to get clobbered”.

She was fooled twice (by Gibson and Couric), but as the song goes, “I get on my knees and pray, we won’t be fooled again!”

Whether this works or not, one thing is for sure: Sarah Palin is a fast learner.

Steve Z on October 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM

She can say imminent domain however she wants..

she’s on the right side of the issue..

DaveC on October 3, 2008 at 4:58 PM

“Imminent” domain?

Allah”pundit”

Ronnie on October 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Really? Because that is soooo relevant to her performance.

I know, I’m nitpicking.

lodge on October 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Did she say hEE-nEE-ous? I’ll let the “imminent” one go, because if you listen back, that’s her accent.

Listen to the way she says “ideals”… it’s more like “idills”.

Abby Adams on October 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Sarah, if the MSM annoys you, they you are indeed one of us. They annoy you, tell them so right there and then. Let it out, we understand and I would applaud you.

Wade on October 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM

She was annoyed … I can see why.

Tony737 on October 3, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Abby Adams on October 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM

another self appointed grammar cop, who I am sure speaks perfect

Wade on October 3, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Update: “Imminent” domain?

I didn’t even notice this in the video. I thought it was in the links or something.

Spirit of 1776 on October 3, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Maybe Katie Couric had really bad BO and kept sneering at her with those nasty little beady eyes….and this distracted the Governor.

wildweasel on October 3, 2008 at 5:04 PM

“Imminent” domain?

Yah, fer sure, doncha know!

How freakish must we sound to Wasillans?

Kid from Brooklyn on October 3, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Are we certain “imminent” isn’t just eminent with the accent? You’d be shocked, SHOCKED how many people have “melk” with their cookies.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Heh… I probably say “imminent domain” also. It’s one of those things you can say habitually without ever thinking about it. Sort of like people say how “re-diculous” it is that Bush can’t say nuclear correctly.

DaveS on October 3, 2008 at 5:07 PM

another self appointed grammar cop, who I am sure speaks perfect

Wade on October 3, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Actually, I speak perfectly, not perfect. ;-)

I was just saying, picking out “imminent” was odd when she definitely said hee-nee-uss, when most people say “hay-nuss”. I’m not picking on her, I just found it odd.

Abby Adams on October 3, 2008 at 5:07 PM

I starting to think (and hope may be clouding my judgement) that maybe, just maybe we are going to see the McCain camp unload on The Messiah in the coming weeks.

Am I wrong to think that they want Obama’s most radical associations and positions in the forefront of people’s minds as they head into the voting booth?

I still think, based on the 04 elections and polling, that the polls are tainted. I think that we will get real data in the week leading up to the vote when Rasmussen, Zogby etc… reputation is on the line.

I definately think that the Congressional elections are going to be the shocker in the end. People are pissed.

OSUBuciz1 on October 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Help us Sarah Palin, youre our only hope…

Viper1 on October 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Abby Adams on October 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Yeah, that’s the one that made me laugh. Was it heinous or hideous? Or both?

Jaibones on October 3, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Her tax returns are now available on the McCain/Palin web site…. I’ll bet BIG money that Todd was the ONLY spouse to ask “What’s that job pay?”. I think an awful lot of people will be very impressed with her “middle class regular folks” credentials…

CC

CapedConservative on October 3, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Listen to the way she says “ideals”… it’s more like “idills”.

Abby Adams on October 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Remember the accent of Jane Curtin’s (sp) character as the mother in the “Todd (Bill Murray) and Lisa (Gilda Radner)” skit? Spot on. As I’m thinking of it, I’d like to give our VP candidate a congratulatory noogie.

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Carl Cameron was disrespectful in his pre-interview comments. BOR was even worse these days. That ‘s why Fox & CNN ratings difference is just half-million. If Fox behaved like old times, it’s ratings would have been doubled.

Still Fox’s ratings is highest in it’s history. Guess who is responsible for it. Don’t blow away.

Anita on October 3, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Update: “Imminent” domain?

Forget it, she’s rolling.

melchitt on October 3, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Cry havoc and let slip the ‘cuda of war…

Kafir on October 3, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Are we certain “imminent” isn’t just eminent with the accent? You’d be shocked, SHOCKED how many people have “melk” “exspresso” with their cookies.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM

FIFY. Gotta try to given an example that the O! astroturfers can understand. ;-)

Y-not on October 3, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Dude. She’s on right now again. She just said “principles” like “principals”. Disappointment is bitter.

Spirit of 1776 on October 3, 2008 at 5:11 PM

another self appointed grammar cop, who I am sure speaks perfect

Wade on October 3, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Shouldn’t that be “speaks perfectly?” :)

a capella on October 3, 2008 at 5:11 PM

It’s her accent. Her lips formed an E and not I.

Enoxo on October 3, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Update: “Imminent” domain?

Remarkably petty. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

TheBigOldDog on October 3, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Eyeore Pundit!!!!

Calm Before the Storm on October 3, 2008 at 5:12 PM

OT: Zogby poll tomorrow will show a dead heat in the presidential race and Biden with a very slight edge over Palin. I just heard the guy from Zogby on POTUS 08. He said it was WAY too early for McCain to be pulling out of any states, and said he is doing very well in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

rockmom on October 3, 2008 at 5:14 PM

She’s from Cincinnati?

DrSteve on October 3, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Does anybody really care if it’s her accent or she simply mispoke or even doesn’t know the difference? Does it really f’ing matter? Yes it does if you’re out to try to belittle someone and show your intellectual superiority. But all it really shows is the smallness of the person doing it.

TheBigOldDog on October 3, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Apology accepted!

tdavisjr on October 3, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think the Pitbull has been let off the chain.

Now that’s she done a little defense it’s about time for a little offense.

Browncoatone on October 3, 2008 at 5:16 PM

I love her but I would like for her to stop pronouncing “Nuclear” as “Nucular”….sorry, lots of um do it, it’s one of my pet peeves.

surrounded on October 3, 2008 at 5:17 PM

***

OSUBuciz1 on October 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Certainly, vote, but your judgment is clouded. There’s an enormous amount of anger, but McCain won’t harness it. A vote for McCain should be a vote against Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and other credit crisis tools. But McCain’s more interested in keeping his Senate seat.

He’s crossed the point where using the associations, alone, will appear nothing but desperate. It will turn off the sleeping middle 20% of voters. McCain needs to find a credit-crisis villain or villains who are closely tied to Obama–but he refuses. Period.

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 5:18 PM

surrounded on October 3, 2008 at 5:17 PM

I have a few friends who do that too… one from Alaska, one from Colorado. No idea how they get N U C L E A R to sound like nook-yoo-lur.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 3, 2008 at 5:21 PM

rockmom on October 3, 2008 at 5:14 PM

I don’t get it. McCain pulling out of Michigan is a no-brainer. Yet, the media is hyping this as the harbinger of death.

Where’s BO’s ALL 50 states campaign been going for the last month? He’s pulled out of a lot more states than McCain has and no one says anything about it. Good grief?

JAM on October 3, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Well then let’s hope he “puts country first” and hits Obama as hard as he can, otherwise…

Browncoatone on October 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM

From a political point of view, Kelo v. New London is an excellent decision to oppose. The four conservative Justices at that time (Rehnquist, Scalia, Thomas, O’Connor) defended “the little guy” (actually, it was a woman), while the five liberal Justices favored “big business” (a health club, helped by local government) throwing her out of her house, in the name of fighting “urban blight”.

This type of argument could help win some of those vital middle-class voters who could swing this election to the conservative cause–the Fifth Amendment protects private property from “eminent domain” seizure except for a PUBLIC purpose, which this was not. The conservative Justices read the Fifth Amendment and applied it–the liberals wanted to do social engineering.

Steve Z on October 3, 2008 at 5:24 PM

But can she say Massachusetts?

AverageJoe on October 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM

The ink’s dry on the bailout, no need to worry about hurt feelings on the other side. You may fire when ready, Senator.

DrSteve on October 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Yes it does if you’re out to try to belittle someone

Exactly.
Allah really peeved me with this one.

MayBee on October 3, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Methinks AP could use a little KP … plus a little JD.

darwin on October 3, 2008 at 5:33 PM

The linguistics-trained wife tells me nasals can have an effect on immediately preceding vowel sounds.

DrSteve on October 3, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Update: “Imminent” domain?
Remarkably petty. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

TheBigOldDog on October 3, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Indeed. AP must have had an orgasm on that one.

As a governor, she knows a hell of a lot more about eminent domain than either AP and Biden put together.

That’s why I try not to read AP’s comments.

Tommygun on October 3, 2008 at 5:35 PM

AverageJoe on October 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Heck, I don’t even think Barney Frank can say Massachusetts.

Abby Adams on October 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM

another self appointed grammar cop, who I am sure speaks perfect

Wade on October 3, 2008 at 5:02 PM

I believe you meant “perfectly.”

Is someone a grammar cop because they point another’s errors or because that person makes such glaring errors? Are you a grammar criminal for discrimination against adverbs?

I’m always amazed by people who embrace their ignorance as some type of down-home status symbol. Did you give up on grammar in middle school? Or did you just slack off in adulthood?

How can we complain about immigrants failing to assimilate when much of our own workforce and citizenry treats English like a second language?

The Race Card on October 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Re: new-q-lar

If “Favre” is pronounce “farve”, then I guess I can let Sarah and W. screw that one up.

The Monster on October 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM

AP gone nucular.

The Race Card on October 3, 2008 at 5:38 PM

I love the fact that she calls it the “Main Stream Media”..

DaveC on October 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM

I love it that she called him Obiden in the first 5 minutes or so last night. This is the only place I’ve seen him called that.

AubieJon on October 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM

I really think you guys should thanks AP. He gets your noggins thinking about potential lefties attacks and counters.

Leftie: “She says imminent for eminent, she’s dumb”.

You: “Apparently you don’t know that nasal physiology can have an effect on immediately preceding vowel sounds”. (thanks DrSteve!)

darwin on October 3, 2008 at 5:41 PM

“Imminent” domain?

Could be that adorable accent of hers, don`t cha kno? :)

ThePrez on October 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Gotcha, gotta, willya, won’tcha, backards, GRITS.

Nails on the chalkboard to some. Music to others.

What do we want? Floccinaucinihilipilification? We have been getting that from politicos for decades.

Limerick on October 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Methinks AP could use a little KP

Speaking of KP (that’s referring to Kirsten, right?) I saw her earlier today on FNC talking about how no one is talking about personal responsibility in this credit crisis except Palin last night. You might want to post video of that AP. If you can find it.

terryannonline on October 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM

The Monster on October 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Palin’s dad was a science teacher. Can she say “nucleus?”

Of course she can.

The Race Card on October 3, 2008 at 5:44 PM

I don’t care if she says “imminent.” I don’t even care if she mispronounces nuclear (just like W.). I like her anyway.

My collie says:

AllahPundit has never field-dressed a moose and we still tolerate HIM, don’t we?

That’s right. It sorta’ reminds me of the way that Rocket J. Squirrel was so tolerant of Bullwinkle.

CyberCipher on October 3, 2008 at 5:45 PM

You might want to post video of that AP. If you can find it

He’ll only post it if he can find something wrong with it first.

MayBee on October 3, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Limerick on October 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM

*applause!!!!*

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM

AubieJon on October 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Are you serious? I missed that part. That’s awesome. O’BIDEN~!!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 3, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Speaking of KP (that’s referring to Kirsten, right?)

terryannonline on October 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM

None other …

darwin on October 3, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Re: new-q-lar

The Monster on October 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Yeah, I never got the “farve” thing.

surrounded on October 3, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Polls say she lost the debate…this forum is officially out of touch.

tomas on October 3, 2008 at 5:58 PM

AubieJon on October 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM

I’ve made that slip several times myself. Great minds trip over their words alike, heh.

surrounded on October 3, 2008 at 5:58 PM

It’s not going to matter how well Palin does if McCain is going to offer cabinet jobs to people like Al Gore. I would rather have him offer an environmental post to Ed from the green channel.

mtbunji on October 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM

This might be a bit O/T, but I just wanted to put it out there. Why does it seem that every time AP embeds one of FNC’s videos (I’m not totally sure if this “problem” is on AP’s end or FNC’s end, but I’m thinking it’s AP), a good chunk of the flash object is cut off? Because the player is ridiculously small at the dimensions it’s embedded and the full screen button is cut off. I understand why you want it small, but could you make the field a little wider so we can hit full screen to watch the video without squinting? I will mention to anyone else as anal as me that actually cares about a silly thing like this that if you have FF w/ AdBlocker, you can right click the “Block” button above the flash object, hit “Copy Link Location”, paste it into the address bar, and get the full flash object full screen. I use this a lot for those crappy flash games (and now, apparently, for FNC embedded video).

malan89 on October 3, 2008 at 6:00 PM

That’s it…..I’m joining up with the Social Conservative Entrepreneurial Republican Wingnut Union. S.C.R.E.W.U. will defend me against the community service summons from the Department of Community Enlightenment.

Limerick on October 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM

mtbunji on October 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Say WHAT???

surrounded on October 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Polls say she lost the debate…this forum is officially out of touch.

tomas on October 3, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Polls have been out of touch for years.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 3, 2008 at 6:02 PM

malan89 on October 3, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Never mind! It must be a problem w/ FNC video & FF, because it’s fine in IE Tab.

Limerick on October 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Sorry, but no one will be exempt from the Community Organizer Draft. Expect to be promptly deployed to one of several welfare infested urban neighborhoods as soon as He is inaugurated.

malan89 on October 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM

they are pretty consistent unfortunately

tomas on October 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM

malan89 on October 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM

You’ll never take me alive!! RAAAAAAAAAAAUGHHH!!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Frankly, all the talk about the “Palinisms” that she speaks is unimportant. She connects with the American people and who cares if she says every word exactly right. Reagan was hammered for his “normal guy” style too. His opponents, including the press, called him stupid. Yet he was smart enough to end the Cold War and turn the country toward conservative ideals. Palin has a chance to be just as effective. So go ahead and hammer her all you want. It didn’t hurt Reagan any. In fact, it made people like him more.

Hawthorne on October 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM

As with a lot of people I had wanted to see Sarah P. “freed” 2 weeks ago. In retrospect there is a lot to be said of McCain campaign handling the matter the way they did.

This is the biggest “game” on the planet because the prize (POTUS) is likewise the biggest on the planet. Given the stakes involved, and the fact you only get one chance to “get it right” the McCain campaign cannot be faulted for its decision.

The campaign realized it had a Reagan in the making with Sarah P., simply because she goes on camera …and she connects! Across all social/economic spectra. It’s a gift, and a rare gift at that – not a talent. You cannot “learn” how to do this.

Had Sarah been “let loose” 12 days ago, (as I was shouting for) in all probability she would not have been able to properly address the issues – and as a consequence, the MSM would have utterly crucified her for every deficiency. And there would have been lots of them!

The McCain campaign instead, “sacrificed” 8, 10, even 12 days, to make sure Sarah was ready to meet (and dispose of) the press. As a result of those 12 days of preparation, Sarah proved she had leapfrogged over Obama, and at the very least, landed on the square right beside Joe Biden – who has 36 years of “experience”. Let’s face it; after 12 days of “coaching”, “preparation”, or whatever you want to call it, the debate proved she is Biden’s equal (actually, superior).

The McCain campaign has paid its dues and taken its lumps, all to put Sarah P. in a position where she cannot be challenged anymore regarding her “qualifications”……

……so, with 30 days to go, the little eagle has found her wings, she’s more than ready to fly on her own……. it’s time to let her loose!!!

alwyr on October 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM

they are pretty consistent unfortunately

tomas on October 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM

So’re the proclamations that the left’s candidates are always in the lead. What’s your point?

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 3, 2008 at 6:08 PM

But, But, But, She drops her “G’s”. How is she ever going to pronounce Barney Franks name?

meci on October 3, 2008 at 6:10 PM

You guys are going to be saying President Obama and Vice President Joe Doucebag Liar Biden and you’re worried about her pronunciations?

Conservatives are lost. You’ve all got your priorities squarely on the right track. That’s why you’ve all voted for Republicans that will bow down to Democrats and compromise so that we end up with judges who can start setting housing prices and we’ll have a nice Universal Health Care card in two years time.

When Obama gives his Carter Malaise Speech in 18 months, I am so going to say, “I told you so.” I’ll be laughing because I’m sufficiently locked up so that the financial havoc doesn’t affect me. So, I get to be a wonderful observer while you guys flail around talking about whether you should say I-ther or E-ther.

BTW ~ that’s not grammar (the way the sentences of a language are constructed; syntax), it’s pronunciation (the mode of uttering words or sentences).

The answer is dialect:

1. Linguistics. a variety of a language that is distinguished from other varieties of the same language by features of phonology, grammar, and vocabulary, and by its use by a group of speakers who are set off from others geographically or socially.

2. a provincial, rural, or socially distinct variety of a language that differs from the standard language, esp. when considered as substandard.

You people unfortunately believe that if someone doesn’t pronounce words your way that makes them “substandard”. I refer to that as Liberal Elitism. There’s a nasty little virus of it that has infected the GOP and that’s how we ended up with McCain as our lackluster candidate. Shame on you. But that’s okay. Our prescription for this virus is more Obama and Cowbells. I’m banging it right now baby. Along with all the little kiddies in Venice, CA. Obama’s going to save us from this nasty little virus. The best part about this election is that I’ll never have to worry about another strain of the McCain virus running for anything more than a Senate seat again. Hopefully, he and his ilk will retire to the Bob Dole scrap heap of history.

Then the Phoenix will rise and Reaganomics will be back where it belongs, on top of the world.

Sultry Beauty on October 3, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Didn’t that reporter used to be on “the Antiques Roadshow”
with his twin brother looking at junk tables??

gary on October 3, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Sarah Barracuda, Voice of America’s Heartland !

petefrt on October 3, 2008 at 6:18 PM

We all have our little criticisms. I love her accent, but think she needs to slow down, and remember sometimes less is more.

nyrofan on October 3, 2008 at 6:21 PM