Biden gaffe: VP is always President of the Senate

posted at 9:00 am on October 3, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

If anyone would have guessed before the debate which candidate would make an error on a Constitutional question, odds would have heavily favored Sarah Palin.  After all, Joe Biden has a license to practice law and has served in Congress more than half his life, while Palin has a degree in journalism and has never worked in Washington at all.  And yet, Biden blew the one question on the Constitution — on the topic of the job he seeks:

BIDEN: Vice President Cheney has been the most dangerous vice president we’ve had probably in American history. The idea he doesn’t realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

And the primary role of the vice president of the United States of America is to support the president of the United States of America, give that president his or her best judgment when sought, and as vice president, to preside over the Senate, only in a time when in fact there’s a tie vote. The Constitution is explicit.

First, let’s deal with the hyperbole of the initial statement, because the rest of the gaffe flows from that point.  Democrats love to call Dick Cheney “the most dangerous vice president” in American history, but why is Cheney such a danger?  What has he done that makes him so dangerous?  Is he more dangerous than Aaron Burr, for instance, who killed Alexander Hamilton while in office and who later attempted a rebellion of sorts?  And if he’s so dangerous, what has Joe Biden done as a United States Senator to curb that danger?

Biden then goes on to get the Constitution completely incorrect.  In fact, the Constitution states that the Vice President is always the President of the Senate, in Article I, Section 3:

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

In fact, as Cheney pointed out, the Vice President gets defined in the Constitution in both Article I and Article II, making the office part of both branches of the federal government.  Cheney’s argument that this gave him some sort of immunity from producing documents was absurd, but his reading of the Constitution was absolutely correct.  The VP belongs to both the executive and the legislative branches of government — and has almost no power in either, but still gets defined in the Constitution as a member of both branches.

Stephen Dinan notes that modern practice has led to historical and Constitutional illiteracy:

The Constitution, though, actually says the vice president is always president of the Senate and legal scholars say he has the right to preside at any time. Early vice presidents, such as Thomas Jefferson, actively exercised that role, the vice president still keeps offices at the Capitol, and scholars say it wasn’t until the middle of the 20th century that the vice president had an office at the executive office building.

The president pro tempore, usually the senior senator from the majority party, takes over only when the vice president is absent. In recent practice, as the vice president has taken a bigger role in the executive, that’s meant the Senate operates almost all of the time without the vice president in the chair.

Maybe Biden should take the time to actually read the Constitution.  He can borrow Robert Byrd’s pocket version if he can’t find a copy on his own.  Who knew Sarah Palin was a more competent Constitutional scholar than Joe Biden?

Comments

if the VP is not always President of the Senate why is there a President Pro Tem designation?

O-Joe is a tool.

sven10077 on October 3, 2008 at 9:01 AM

Good grief! Even I knew that!!!!!

Oink on October 3, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Gov. Palin missed an opportunity for levity that even VP Cheney couldn’t begrudge. She should have indignantly stated “VP Cheney is the most dangerous VP in history? Senator Biden, I am not planning on going hunting with him.” and smiled.

drewmesq on October 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Can’t wait to see how the left spins that one. Well they won’t have to, the media will just ignore it and it will go down the memory hole.

gator70 on October 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM

I think we see on a daily basis that the Constitution is not a guiding light for the Democrats.

Cindy Munford on October 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Somewhere Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas may have been laughing.

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Someone mail Biden a high school civics text.

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 9:05 AM

What I want to know, is regardless of whether she or he can vote (unless the Senate is tied), can the Vice President walk in there, take the gavel, and start setting the Senate’s agenda. OOOOOOOHH!!!! I would love to see Palin take over the Senate.

ncc770 on October 3, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Yeah, and tell him to lay off the botox, too

anniekc on October 3, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Good grief! Even I knew that!!!!!

Duh! Me too… And I went to public school!

I thought I’d entered Bizarro World last night when I heard that line from Biden.

So, the Vice President doesn’t serve as President of the Senate… but, the Supreme Court’s job is to legislate from the bench. Got it.

saint kansas on October 3, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Somewhere Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas may have been laughing.

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM

I thought the same thing.
I think Biden was a disaster in the Judiciary Committee. I recommend everyone to listen to Mark Levin’s show last night just to listen to some of the atrocious work Biden has done in the committee.

jencab on October 3, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Biden goes for the Darth Cheney angle rather than the truth.

jgapinoy on October 3, 2008 at 9:09 AM

I thought it was interesting that Biden said that Iran is not controlled by Ahmedinejad, but by the theocrats, and yet Obama would want to meet with him…why bother if, as Biden says, he is not the real leader…interesting.

Did anyone else pick up on this?

joepub on October 3, 2008 at 9:09 AM

“VP Cheney is the most dangerous VP in history? Senator Biden, I am not planning on going hunting with him.” – Drew

Ha!

That would’ve been awesome. Drew for VP 2012!

Tony737 on October 3, 2008 at 9:11 AM

Cheney more “dangerous” than Agnew?
Gore, the most self-aggrandizing VP in history, who illegally did fundraising from his office, was also more “dangerous”.

jgapinoy on October 3, 2008 at 9:12 AM

Someone mail Biden a high school civics text.
BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Sadly, high school civics texts rarely have the Constitution in them. The only time in school where I actually studied the Constitution was in law school.

rbj on October 3, 2008 at 9:13 AM

joepub on October 3, 2008 at 9:09 AM

Yes…I also picked up on Biden talking about “sending diplomats”…..the subject was Obama saying he would meet with them personally. Sending diplomats is a different story.

bridgetown on October 3, 2008 at 9:13 AM

“And there’s Uncle Joe, he’s movin’ kinda slow, at the Junction – Turncoat Junction.”

AubieJon on October 3, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Cindy Munford on October 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM

“Rules for Radicals” by Saul Alinsky is preferred by today’s Democrats over that old thing….

Right_of_Attila on October 3, 2008 at 9:14 AM

But, but,but, the, ahh, er, constitution is a, uh, living document, right? It means whatever the left wants it to mean. Who cares what it actually SAYS?

MikeA on October 3, 2008 at 9:16 AM

OT: Biden sounded strong on the health care discussion, but I had trouble following the numbers, which were flying furiously. Thankfully, Fox replayed it.

Now, I can’t speak to the merits of either policy, really, but I’m predisposed to big government intervention, so I won’t listen to Obama. That said, Biden posited that for an average family the cost of annual premiums for health care is $12,000. And under the McCain plan that would treated as taxable income, not as a nontaxable employer-provided benefit. I think that’s true. (As an aside, I’ve read that McCain’s plan could prompt a lot of employers to discontinue plans. We’ll see.)

Anyway, Biden then simply offset the $12,000 increase in income against the McCain $5,000 amount and concluded that taxpayers get screwed. First, and something McCain’s camp should consider mapping out, something like 38% of households already don’t pay any income tax. Yes, they have withholding and file returns, but ultimately their adjusted gross income is offset by exemptions, deductions, and credits that they have no tax liability. So, it’s hard to estimate what position the extra $12,000 of imputed income will have. More important, even if they are paying tax, say at 15% (you name the rate), the tax would be $1,800, which is more than offset by the $5,000 McCain credit. And I think the McCain credit might even be refundable, so that it can not only reduce liability, but produce a refund.

The point is that Biden misrepresented McCain’s $5,000 credit. Either Biden lied, or he doesn’t understand the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction.

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Sadly, high school civics texts rarely have the Constitution in them.

Public school teachers have never heard of it.

ex-Democrat on October 3, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Biden claimed that the Vice President has no authority other than to break ties. This is grotesquely incorrect. The Vice President, as chairperson of the Senate, has complete parliamentary authority, and believe me, if you know how to use parliamentary procedure, that’s utterly controlling. Ask Nancy Pelosi whether parliamentary authority in the House is inconsequential.

Biden is an idiot.

philwynk on October 3, 2008 at 9:20 AM

I’m surprised no one’s yet pulled up the bit in the ‘Heartbeat away’ response where Joe said he’d be right there in the Oval office showing Obama what to do. To me that’s the buried lede of the night.

KCSteve on October 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM

rbj on October 3, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I guess I’m older than I thought. No wonder these young people are in the tank for Obama. The Bill of Rights is actually some worthwhile reading. They should square it with some of Obama’s campaign staff stunts.

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM

Article 1 is strictly about the Legislative Branch.

He needs to actually read the Constitution, but that’s asking a lot evidently of any democratic Senator.

Mr. Bingley on October 3, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Right_of_Attila on October 3, 2008 at 9:14 AM

So sad. Laura is going to have John Fund on to talk about voter fraud. I am going to have an ulcer before this is over. The bus load of homeless drunks in Ohio just about sent me over the edge.

Cindy Munford on October 3, 2008 at 9:23 AM

All that Botox is going to his brain.

JammieWearingFool on October 3, 2008 at 9:26 AM

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM

In the olden days you had to take U.S. Government in your senior year and it was dedicated to our founding documents. Word by word, and you had to pass to get your diploma.

Cindy Munford on October 3, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Found it!

In his extended response in the ‘Heartbeat away’ section, here’s what Joe Biden said (emphasis added):

I would be the point person for the legislative initiatives in the United States Congress for our administration. I would also, when asked if I wanted a portfolio, my response was, no. But Barack Obama indicated to me he wanted me to help him govern. So every major decision he’ll be making, I’ll be sitting in the room to give my best advice. He’s president, not me, I’ll give my best advice.

The McCain campaign should roll this out as part of the ‘Ready to Lead?’ series

KCSteve on October 3, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Maybe Biden should take the time to actually read the Constitution. He can borrow Robert Byrd’s pocket version if he can’t find a copy on his own. Who knew Sarah Palin was a more competent Constitutional scholar than Joe Biden?

It’s most likely that at some time Robert Bork explained this part of the constitution to Biden.

Rovin on October 3, 2008 at 9:31 AM

You guys are missing Joe’s point. He can’t read the Constitution anymore because Bush and Cheney stole it and changed it when the American people weren’t looking.
It is infuriating that if Sarah would have said something this stupid, the McCain camp would be finished.
I friggin hate the MSM.

JeffinOrlando on October 3, 2008 at 9:32 AM

So much for 36 years’ experience in Washington.

techno_barbarian on October 3, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Maybe VP Cheney should sit as President of the Senate for a few days to remind Senator Biden of this? And make it a bit difficult for the MSM to cover up the gaffe.

andycanuck on October 3, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Cindy Munford on October 3, 2008 at 9:26 AM

I know I did, back in ’99-’00 (my senior year). But I have met people younger than me who have no inkling of any of the founding documents, and would be hard-pressed to name 5 signers of the Dec. of Ind.

Anna on October 3, 2008 at 9:36 AM

BuckeyeSam on October 3, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Bien’s lying. The Washington Post gave him FOUR Pinocchios on this. But they know they can keep lying and lying because the media are in the tank. Hopefully McCain can get into this himself in the next debate and wipe the floor with Obama over his lies.

rockmom on October 3, 2008 at 9:37 AM

Say it ain’t so, Joe!

leetpriest on October 3, 2008 at 9:37 AM

He doesn’t appear to know the difference between Gaza and the West Bank, either. And he seems to have some funny ideas about Hezbollah and Lebanon.

He could have fallen down three times last night and drooled on his notes and CNN would have called it a tie.

Asher on October 3, 2008 at 9:38 AM

andycanuck on October 3, 2008 at 9:34 AM

That would be priceless! But he probably doesn’t want to take the IQ hit.

fossten on October 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Obama/ Biden for change………of the constitution!

grapeknutz on October 3, 2008 at 9:45 AM

We all know guys like Biden. They aren’t nearly as smart as they think they are and yet they are always the most arrogant narcissistic prick in the room.

TheBigOldDog on October 3, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Gov. Palin on the Alaska Constitution:

“It’s my bible in governing. I try to keep it so simple by reading the thing and believing in it and living it. It’s providential.”

Perhaps she’ll apply the same attention to it at the federal level. It’s a shame the rest of Washington doesn’t take that approach.

CP on October 3, 2008 at 9:51 AM

I wonder if this will get much play in the MSM…

Never mind don’t answer that…

I know it will get buried.

Borislav on October 3, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Biden Mangles the Constitution (powerline)

This isn’t what’s conventionally described as a gaffe, and it won’t swing any votes, but last night Joe Biden garbled the Constitutional role of the Vice President. I wanted to read the transcript before commenting; here was Gwen Ifill’s question:

Governor, you mentioned a moment ago the constitution might give the vice president more power than it has in the past. Do you believe as Vice President Cheney does, that the Executive Branch does not hold complete sway over the office of the vice presidency, that it it is also a member of the Legislative Branch?

Here is Biden’s answer, in full:

The only authority the vice president has from the legislative standpoint is the vote, only when there is a tie vote. He has no authority relative to the Congress. The idea he’s part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney to aggrandize the power of a unitary executive and look where it has gotten us. It has been very dangerous.

For a man of Biden’s experience, this is a surprising series of misstatements. First of all, he gets wrong one of the most basic facts about the Constitution: Article 1 establishes the legislative branch, not, as Biden said, the executive branch. This is not exactly an obscure fact; my 17-year-old daughter pointed it out at the time.

Second, it simply isn’t true that the Constitution treats the Vice President only as a member of the executive branch. The Vice President is mentioned in Article II as part of the executive branch, but he is also given legislative powers by Section 3 of Article 1, which establishes the Senate:

Vice President Cheney’s “bizarre notion” is in keeping with the plain text of the Constitution.

Finally, Biden misstated the Vice President’s role in the Senate. It isn’t true that he “preside[s] over the Senate, only in a time when in fact there’s a tie vote.” The Constitution contemplates that the Vice President will be the full-time President of the Senate, replaced by a President pro tempore “in the absence of the Vice President.” It’s true that the Vice President only gets to vote in case of a tie; but, of course, that’s the only time it matters.

If Joe Biden were a high school student taking a test on the Constitution in a government course, he would get a C or a D. Some would say his mistakes were minor, and, as I said, they certainly won’t swing any votes. But it is distinctly odd that a man who has been in the Senate for more than three decades doesn’t understand the Constitutional role of the Vice President with respect to that body.

Keemo on October 3, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Anna on October 3, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Well I am old enough to be your mom so it is good to hear. I am going to have to talk to my kids. I am sure I knew when they were doing it but I don’t remember now. We have always been a kind current events type of family. Naturally with a strong conservative tone.

Cindy Munford on October 3, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Biden also teaches constitutional law

EricPWJohnson on October 3, 2008 at 9:56 AM

It’s a shame the rest of Washington doesn’t take that approach.

Ain’t that the truth?

MikeA on October 3, 2008 at 9:58 AM

*overheard after the debate*…

BIDEN: “It’s in the Constitu…what??”

Lockstein13 on October 3, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Pro tempore- Latin for “for the time being.” Modern translation: Keep my chair warm for me. In other words, the the President Pro tempore gets to preside temporarily as President of the Senate if the VP isn’t around.

Personally, I would have loved it if, after 2006, VP Cheney decided to take an extra special interest and showed up to preside over the Senate on a regular basis “just because.” It would have thrown Reid and the other Rats into a huge hissy fit.

highhopes on October 3, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Barry was a constitutional law professor instructor (cough cough). Once again, Obama didn’t seem to know his stuff, even when coaching his young old protege, Joe Biden.

JiangxiDad on October 3, 2008 at 9:59 AM

One point she could have made, and may make later.
Biden said he was chosen to be with Obama at every major decision.
Sarah can say, “McCain is capable of making his own decisions, I am there to help and assist, but McCain, if he needs further input, will most likely involve me and we will reach across the aisle to get other opinions. He did not select me to look over his shoulder, he is his own man. That the difference between being ready and being unsure.”

right2bright on October 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM

The key here in debates, is:

If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, BAFFLE them with bullshit. And Joe is an excellent bullshitter. He’s smooth as butter.

Sarah did a great job and they should let her loose…

originalpechanga on October 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Ifill really tried to win this debate for Biden

Ifill got dirty quickly announcing rules then breaking them herself on the very first question giving no followup time for it. Trying to set a Palin Trap.

She only enforced “rules” against Palin throughout. Actually she cut off Palin too early breaking her own rules each time.

At 12:55 Palin anounces she will answer Bidens attack at 13:39 Ifill cuts off Palin off. She is hurting Biden so Ifill breaks the rule completely cutting her of after only 45 seconds abruptly and nasty as any woman ever. “Now let’s move on here”. Boy was Biden smiling as Ifill slapped down Palin.

Ifill then asked a really bad question acussing McCain of hurting the poor by taking their insurance away. Saying employers would cancel $12,000 policies rather than pay taxes on it, employees would then need to use their new $5,000 credit to buy worse insurance. While helping Biden play the class warfare card against McCain.

From 17:50 through 19:30 Biden drones on 100 seconds and is awarded first on next question. Why was he not cut off like Sarah? Need I ask.

Later on (32:30) Biden is doing very badly lamely defending his no coal in America statement, he goes on for 100 seconds whereupon Ifill tries to help him out with a new question of Sarah. Sarah speaks for 70 seconds she is destroying Biden Ifill again cuts off Palin off (remember Biden just got 100 seconds) to help Biden for the next 55 seconds she helps Biden out of the hole jumping in with help in the middle of Bidens time.

54:50 Palin is destroying Biden on the Iraq and Afganistan war. Ifill awards Biden a full 120 seconds. But it doesn’t help much so Ifill tries to help Biden by correcting his mistakes in a question to Sarah who gets 45 seconds. Ifill then gives Biden an extra question he drones on 100 seconds but is not cut off like Palin was (he is doing poor but OK).

At 69:10 Biden ask can I respond? Ifill answers very sweetly “Please” (break the rules again). Thankfully Sarah didn’t give Ifill a chance to cut her off this time by speaking up loudly and quickly the instant Biden stopped.

On the next question they joked a little. Ifill was somewhat fair for the last 20 minutes. Guess she thought that would be all that mattered.

Steveangell on October 3, 2008 at 10:03 AM

No Joe, Aaron Burr clearly has that distinction. You talk about history and yet you just attack the current administration.

highhopes on October 3, 2008 at 10:07 AM

Read Ace’s Gabriel Malor’s summary of Biden’s VP Gaffe, most noted because just as Obama feigns to be a Constitutional legal authority, so does Biden. As with all buffoons, the joke is on them, regardless of the CBS spin to make the joke at America’s expense.

Malor outlined the debate. Note his link within the VP role question. For those of us in other professions than law, it’s easy access to the record.

“Constitutional Law Scholar” Biden’s Article I Gaffe
By Gabriel Malor
Ace of Spades HQ
10/2/08 @ 11:04 p.m.

maverick muse on October 3, 2008 at 10:11 AM

originalpechanga on October 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Last night’s debate was clearly style over substance. Neither candidate was going to say anything new or different. Palin came off as approachable and real- somebody most Americans can relate to. Biden, unfortunately for him, came off as the arrogant narcissitic prick that he is.

highhopes on October 3, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Steveangell on October 3, 2008 at 10:03 AM

To be fair, moderating one of these things has to be like herding cats. Despite the rules, the candidates tend to do whatever they want- leaving the moderator to have to play umpire without making it all about staying within the rules.

Ifill did a credible job considering that she’s in the tank for Obama and shouldn’t have been moderating in the first place. My only criticism was that she was far quicker to shut off Palin’s comments than the rambling incoherency that is Joe Biden. Nevertheless, I’ve seen far more biased moderaters at these things.

highhopes on October 3, 2008 at 10:16 AM

What most people do not know is that Joe Biden Senate office is 217 of the Senate Russell Office building. That office belonged to the Vice President and was given up when he was moved to the executive branch.

John Stennis held it for a majority of his career with Strom Thurmond having 220 next door, between the two of them they took up the entire outside office space of that wing. There was a two room office between the two Senators and depending on who was President Pro Temp is who got the two room extra extension and bragging rights….

When George Bush become VP he decided he wanted it back and Stennis told him that when he had been in Washington longer than he had, he could have it…

So when Bush became President he sent Dane Quale over there to get it because Stennis was retiring, at the time Stennis was making the choice of which senior ranking Democratic Senator he wanted to have it, I think Nunn was his first pick but Nunn told him he was unsure about his Senate career so he chose Biden even though Kennedy wanted it.

Dane showed up when all of these Senators where in there to reclaim it but Kennedy told him they were cleaning out a broom closet down the hall for him and that was as close as he was going to get to 217 Russell…

Just thought y’all might like that trivia, you would think that Biden would know a little bit more about the job of VP since he does have the VP’s office…

Tilly on October 3, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Nothing bothered me more then when master scientist Joe Biden declared man-made global warming a fact.

I think Sarah would like to tie old Joe to the dogsled the next time she hunts moose when it is 30 below zero.

She had to visible restrain herself from attacking this point.

I wish she hadn’t.

DeweyWins on October 3, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Biden is right, it’s the constitution that is wrong[/DNC]

jukin on October 3, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Wow, just wow.

Typhonsentra on October 3, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Good one, Joe!

chiefeditor on October 3, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Biden is an idiot.

philwynk on October 3, 2008 at 9:20 AM

My thoughts and impressions from that exchange exactly – this will probably be the reason this WON’T get buried by the MSM once they ponder what she may have been implying.

Can you imagine the impact of an outspoken Sarah Palin regularly showing up for a full day’s work every day the Senate is in Session – at her desk on the Senate floor – and actually exercising the reigns of parliamentary authority?

The US wouldn’t need a Space program anymore, given the number of lefties that will self launch into lunar orbit once they figure out that’s what’s potentially under discussion here.

Wind Rider on October 3, 2008 at 11:53 AM

No freakin’ duh.
What a putz. But then, this is a perfect example of how out of touch with reality these WA insiders are. They believe they can misquote & misrepresent the Constitution to no end bcs they think the American people are morons & can’t read or understand it.
The Constitution is extremely straight forward. How can you get it so wrong?!

Badger40 on October 3, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Oh cripes. So since when is the constitution a major issue anyway?

Both parties trample it on a regular basis. There’s no reason to think that either of them have given it much thought.

angelat0763 on October 3, 2008 at 12:23 PM

He can’t get the VP’s constitutional duties straight, but he found choppin up babies in the Constitution. Huh.

Akzed on October 3, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I posted this over at MM, but thought I would re-post it here. I immediately saw the Constitutional reference problem. I just wish Sarah had nailed him right there with…

“Now Joe, shouldn’t a Constitutional Lawyer and 36-year member of the Senate know that the Executive Branch is defined in Article II, not Article I? And the VP is the President of the Senate, and has a role interacting directly with the Legislature, just like I said.”

“There you go again Joe. Is it any wonder why Americans wonder every day if anyone in Congress has even READ the Constitution? You throw around ‘Constitutional’ and ‘un-Constitutional’… but the truth is, you really just don’t know.”

“The first step in the McCain/Palin Education Plan is to provide members of Congress their very own copy of the Constitution. And following the great examples of public school teachers everywhere, we’ll make sure these scamps are doing their homework by having a pop quiz before signing any legislature. Joe, you might want to start studying… you have a long way to go…”

dominigan on October 3, 2008 at 1:12 PM

…of course if they actually read the Constitution, they might be shocked to discover that the vast majority of their spending bills are un-Constitutional!

dominigan on October 3, 2008 at 1:14 PM

So, this issue brings up a question…

What would all of you think about using that properly… What if Palin took the role of President of the Senate and started setting the agenda? The Demo-fury would just warm my heart…

dominigan on October 3, 2008 at 1:16 PM