Photos: Minnesota Left’s political tolerance

posted at 5:35 pm on October 2, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Tonight, as we prepare for our Debate Party tonight at Trocadero’s, one of the listeners for our radio station AM 1280 The Patriot has to prepare for some hard work cleaning his work van and personal car.  He made the mistake of thinking that he could have a bumper sticker showing his support of the station without thugs vandalizing his vehicles.  At least he remains in high spirits, as he e-mailed the station with the subject heading, “The Power of a Patriot Bumper Sticker”:

I thought you might find these photos interesting. I’ve attached photos of the way I found my van this morning. Evidently, leaving a car parked on the street with Patriot and McCain bumper stickers is intolerable to Obama supporters. They didn’t remove the sticker from my wife’s Volvo, though. However, it appears that someone in my neighborhood didn’t like it. Luckily, they didn’t use permanent spray paint, just some really annoying stuff that was hard to wash off.

I’ll look forward to the debate this evening.

They took their time in vandalizing the panel van:

They also take the time to spread the love for Al Franken, too:

And they came prepared.  They brought both black and white paint:

Now, what kind of people would put this much energy into defacing other people’s property simply because they had Patriot and McCain bumper stickers on one of the cars?  Usually, the same kind of people who screech constantly about “tolerance” and the closed-mindedness of Republicans.  Fraters Libertas has more.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Then, do you also say “Froaderick”? – hawkdriver on October 2, 2008 at 7:19 PM

Yes. Foroaderick Frahnkensteen. LOL.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:24 PM

I will not eat Obama’s Ham,
I will not take Obama’s lamb,
I can not see Obama’s eyes,
I do not appreciate Obama’s lies.

I will not eat green egs and ham,
I will not eat them Sam I am!

upinak on October 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM

We must collaborate.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM

NO. It’s spelt Fraedrick. Geez. You Americans are so, so, uninformed!

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM

NO. It’s spelt Fraedrick. Geez. You Americans are so, so, uninformed! – trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM

Pish posh. Only if you are in Lichtenstein. The proper spelling is Foroaderick. And his assistant is Eye-gore. Igor was his father.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Oh yeah, the chant of the modern left. Diversity, tolerance. BS.

Falconsword on October 2, 2008 at 7:31 PM

We must collaborate.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM

I bake, I knead, I sew, I fuss,
I cook, I bleed, that man is a wuss,
From the top of the oven, I crow my scorn,
The freaking pie has to not be ACORN!

upinak on October 2, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Something doesn’t smell quite right about this van. Am I to believe that vandals have now suddenly decided to go with washable graffiti? And they went on their 1-house spree with piles of signs, duct tape and two kinds of paint? So who’s trying to get the press? The radio station or the wine company?

(Yes, it pains me to entertain a defense for obamers.)

Ronnie on October 2, 2008 at 7:33 PM

P

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:29 PM

And I suppose you spell ‘pointe’ without the ‘e.’ And that the Empire was not the most blessed institution mankind had yet seen. Ye gods. Me pint awaits, off I am.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:34 PM

NO. It’s spelt Fraedrick. Geez. You Americans are so, so, uninformed!

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM

Picked up the British version of “spelled” in all those military histories too, eh?

Ronnie on October 2, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Ronnie on October 2, 2008 at 7:33 PM

best explanation yet.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Trailboss can’t be serious: “Perspective. Reaction appropriate to the threat. Don’t start a war over words.” Sorry to disagree but this is more than words, it’s vandalism. What would you have said if these goons had encountered the owners of the cars and gotten physical with them?…Wait a minute, these types are pussies, right up there with Sir Robin. Nevermind.

Christine on October 2, 2008 at 7:36 PM

True. But also irrelevant. Canucks, Brits, Kiwis and Aussies spell defense with a “c.” Dead giveaway.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:16 PM

…and, for that, they should all be thrown into gaol….

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Utter tosh – I’ve used spelt instead of spelled too.

Of course, at this point, I think it’s all intentional. This thread abounds with nutters – me included.

Anna on October 2, 2008 at 7:37 PM

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:34 PM

You are talking to an Anglophile, brother. When I was in England in 2004 I had to lecture my British cousins on their ignorance of their own history and lack of pride in the accomplishments of thei forefathers.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Ronnie on October 2, 2008 at 7:35 PM

And how would you know? American, or possibly ‘North American’? Hmmmm?

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Lousy bastards. Never before in any election season have I felt so much hate for the opposition enemy.

Pope Linus on October 2, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Anna on October 2, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Nutter Butters are good.

I am just waiting on the debate.

upinak on October 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Mugabe’s boys at work and spreading their tolerance throughout the USA. Wake up people we don’t have a clue how desperate for power these people are and how much money, domestic and foreign that is behind them. This election will be our Pearl Harbor if McCain gets shot down again. There will be no prisoners this time.

wepeople on October 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Were going to the Oak Tree Gun Shop and Range this Saturday to buy two guns. One is going to be a 9mm Glock. We haven’t’ decided on the other or if it should be a rifle.

CCRWM on October 2, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I bet they were all wearing blue shirts last night!

Agent of the Cross on October 2, 2008 at 7:40 PM

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Good on ya. Bit of an ‘own goal,’ that lack of appreciation.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:41 PM

…and, for that, they should all be thrown into gaol…. Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Sweet. Haven’t seen that spelling since the Revolutionary War. Gaol ships and all that sort of thing….

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Good on ya. Bit of an ‘own goal,’ that lack of appreciation. – trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:41 PM

I once visited a small town and saw a house where Henry VIII and Catharine of Aragon once stayed. At least that’s what the plaque said. I laid my lands on the brick to touch history and said to my associate “This happened before my country ever was conceived!Can you not feel the history here?”

He looked at me like I was quite mad.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:43 PM

My goodnecc, you people (no Cenator, not in that cense) you people ceem to make light of the proper cpelling and enunciation of wordc. It freaking matterc! Careerc have been loct for the micpelling of a cimple word.

hawkdriver on October 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM

I bake, I knead, I sew, I fuss,
I cook, I bleed, that man is a wuss,
From the top of the oven, I crow my scorn,
The freaking pie has to not be ACORN!

upinak on October 2, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Well? Are you serious about that book?

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Well? Are you serious about that book?

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Yep, I am. Just need to write down my recipes.

upinak on October 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM

hawkdriver on October 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM

LOL.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM

gotta scoot.. I really do have ptarmigan in the oven.. 150, for 4 hours… makes the truffle sugar sauce sautee the meat better.

nite.

upinak on October 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Yep, I am. Just need to write down my recipes. – upinak on October 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Contact me: angelodomini@aol.com

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Careerc have been loct for the micpelling of a cimple word.

hawkdriver on October 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Ha! You do underctand where thic might ultimately lead, don’t you? To WAR!!!!

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Pope Linus on October 2, 2008 at 7:38 PM

…given the ecclesiastical nature of your nick, allow me to set your vestments at rest, Your Holiness…it’ll be fine…Obama’s telegenic, popular, kids sing about him, and he promises eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone a tax break…somehow….

…the fact that he has Lucifer on speed-dial, now….

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Nutter Butters are good.

I am just waiting on the debate.

upinak on October 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Me too.

Anna on October 2, 2008 at 7:55 PM

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Cure I do! Then WAR IT IC!!!

hawkdriver on October 2, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Pope Linus on October 2, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Cool…the second pope after Peter.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM

OT: O’Reilly goes nuclear on Barney Frank!!!! Coming up next on Fox.

carbon_footprint on October 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM

I would have left the Obama and just added “SUCKS” to it.

Bicyea on October 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM

OT: O’Reilly goes nuclear on Barney Frank!!!! Coming up next on Fox.

carbon_footprint on October 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Was he threatened beforehand, or is this an unnecessary overreaction? Us canukians want to know!

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 8:00 PM

hawkdriver on October 2, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Crap, if only I could change those two ‘s’s in my nickname.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 8:01 PM

CCRWM on October 2, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Glock’s always an excellent choice…point and pull…I’d go for .45 ACP, though…10mm is also very nice…Uncle Ted Nugent carries 10mm in a Glock…among other things….

For the other, get a rifle…check out Alexander Arms offerings in .50 cal. Beowulf. The web page has a dandy little YouTube video, and American Rifleman did a nice writeup on it…the last home defense caliber you’d like to p*ss off….

…personally, I like the people I shoot to know they’ve been shot…it simplifies things….

…then again, there’s something to be said for motion-sensored floodlighting and claymores….

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 8:01 PM

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:43 PM

…now, we’ve got to get Mr. DefenCe to repeat after me:

…a-LOOOOO-mi-num….

…LAB-ra-tory….

…SEC-ra-tery…(all four syllables)….

…o-REG-a-no….

…just because they invented the language doesn’t mean they’ve mastered it….

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 8:07 PM

alyoo-miniyum.
la-bore-a-tree.
seck-ratary.
Herb.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Crap, if only I could change those two ’s’s in my nickname.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 8:01 PM

You wouldn’t have to. Any more postings with the c’s would soon lose humor points and go straight to “okay hawk, we get it, now…”

SWMBO is upset so I guess I am off till after the debate. But TB, my serious point was not really about fighting back for property damage. All kidding aside, I’d never even consider hurting someone over that.

(Although, the kind of property damage you’re sure will occur when you see three or four gentleman digging holes in MSR Tampa at midnight always will result in calling your AH64 buddies to rain some 30mm preventive medicine on their asses).

But I can’t put a sign in my yard. It’s voter intimadation and it’s sad that it works so well.

hawkdriver on October 2, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Gather Weapons and AMMO!

Static on October 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM

hawkdriver on October 2, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Copy. Out.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 8:18 PM

They’d LOOOOOOOVE me. The latest anti-O on my back window sez:

IF YOU LIKE OBAMA
YOU’LL LOVE SOCIALISM!
DON’T IGNORE THE TRUTH
DON’T VOTE UNINFORMED

Heh. A car from NY drove by me today with four kids in it… they were flipping out. I love it.

LickyLicky on October 2, 2008 at 8:22 PM

I once visited a small town and saw a house where Henry VIII and Catharine of Aragon once stayed…I laid my lands on the brick to touch history….

ManlyRash on October 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM

…I’ve been there maybe half dozen times…the wife and family and I lived there 1995-1998, in time to catch Diana snuff it…our youngest son was born about a half mile from where Oliver Cromwell was born…in a hospital built on the grounds of his uncle’s estate….

…I know the feeling…I visited the British Museum on a lark one day, day off and nothing to do. British Rail makes things easy. I was about 10 feet from the Sutton Hoo treasure, was talking to the wife on my cell phone, turned ’round, and there was a famous pre-Viking ships figurehead…I’d seen it in books from my childhood on up….

…visited the HMS Victory and walked the decks…visited Battle Abbey and walked the Hastings Battlefield…lived down the road from the remains of what was once one of the most powerful monasteries in England…walked streets originally laid out by Romans…toured an excavated Anglo-Saxon village….

…Gettysburg is nice…Williamsburg is very nice…touring the Alamo is a near-religious experience…but, for a history junkie, there’s no comparison. By the time that the Mayflower landed, they were putting on the umpteenth coat of whitewash on some of the houses I used to pass up every day in Huntingdon…and they’re still being used as family homes. In the US, they’d be roped off with scads of verrrrrry-sincere and very pompous self-appointed volunteer conservators sweating all over ‘em….

…ever hear of the poem “The Battle of Maldon”? It is an Anglo-Saxon recreation of the actual battle…and I touched the place where the losing commander was buried…before the guys who took delight in knocking the noses off of statues had their go at Ely Cathedral….

…St. Paul’s Cathedral…monuments to Nelson, Wellington, Florence Nightingale, John Donne, Wren…”Lector, si monumentum requiris, Circumspice.”….

…took a leak in the downstairs restroom here…historical….

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 8:26 PM

seck-ratary.
Herb.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 8:11 PM

…that’s:

* Sec-ra-TREE

* o-re-GA-no

…can’t even mispronounce ‘em right…no hope…no wonder the Empire went all pear-shaped….

…well, that and Clement Atlee….

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM

I think that we are giving the thugs too much credit here. This election has given them an opportunity to behave as they would like to do all the time. It is no different to the so-called soccer hooligan, the game merely provides an excuse that authorities – stupidly – seem to allow.

OldEnglish on October 2, 2008 at 8:31 PM

…took a leak in the downstairs restroom here…historical….

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Piss historically. I can only dream. One day, when I actually don’t have kids in college, I want to go, but my first place will be the Imperial War Museum. My wife will have to leave me there all week.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 8:31 PM

…well, that and Clement Atlee….

Puritan1648 on October 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM

That’s right. Seck-RA-tree. O-ri-ga-me. Oy-ri-GUA-no. Or-rig-UH-no. Nope, canna’ do it. HHHER-bbb.

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Put a National Rifle Association tag in your window no one will ever touch your car. I have parked my car in places where four of them were vandalized but that NRA sticker and no one has ever touched it.

Jdripper on October 2, 2008 at 8:39 PM

This is exactly why I chose not to put a bumper sticker on my car. These people are crazy.

DarkeningCloud on October 2, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Shame the owner wasn’t inside the van with a Glock 17 and two clips.

Jaibones on October 2, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Mugabe’s boys at work

Zimbabwe is no longer fun. Practically everyone is dead. The One will take advantage of minority-permissible racism and Zimbabwe’s outsourcing.

Say hello to your new Secretary of Agriculture: Robert Mugabe.

Feedie on October 2, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Brownshirts.

Tzetzes on October 2, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Ha! You do underctand where thic might ultimately lead, don’t you? To WAR!!!!

trailboss on October 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM

The European Commission have just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty’s Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5 year phase in plan that would be known as “EuroEnglish”: –

In the first year, “s” will replace the soft “c”.. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard “c” will be dropped in favor of the “k”. This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome “ph” will be replaced with the “f”. This will make words like “fotograf” 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent “e”‘s in the languag is disgrasful, and they should go away.

By the 4th yer, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing “th” with “z” and “w” with “v”. During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaining “ou” and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!

Shy Guy on October 2, 2008 at 10:36 PM

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!

Shy Guy on October 2, 2008 at 10:36 PM

So, they get German in the end, anyway?

OldEnglish on October 2, 2008 at 11:03 PM

They do thes same sort of stuff here in Albuquerque. There’s an area by the university called Nob Hill that you had better not be caught in with anything Republican at all. They tear down signs in front of yards and deface vehicles with GOP bumpers stickers, pretty much making it a “no free speech” zone if it doesn’t fit their agenda.

Chuckie on October 2, 2008 at 11:06 PM

A GOP with cajones would budget some videocam set-ups and use them.

Feedie on October 3, 2008 at 12:34 AM

why are liberals so violent?

Black Adam on October 3, 2008 at 12:40 AM

The terrible twos became the terrible twenties. They are adult brats.

Feedie on October 3, 2008 at 12:56 AM

How about some rock salt in a 12 guage. Won’t kill their sorry a$$es, but it will give them something to think about.

SKYFOX on October 3, 2008 at 4:49 AM

why are liberals so violent?

Black Adam on October 3, 2008 at 12:40 AM

Violent? You haven’t seen violent- yet. Just wait until their dear leader is defeated. Then you’ll see violent.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!

Shy Guy on October 2, 2008 at 10:36 PM

OMG that’s so good I’m going to steal it. I recommend to you The Awful German Language by Samuel Clemens if you haven’t happened upon it.

Browncoatone on October 3, 2008 at 6:25 AM

Once again, see the violence inherent in the Left.

rbj on October 3, 2008 at 8:20 AM

the “tagging” looks like a girl did the car and and guy did the van…… BOLO… a couple wearing tinfoil hats with s__t eating grins on their faces and paint on fingers…. losers.

ajmontana on October 3, 2008 at 9:22 AM

If I saw anyone doing that to my car, they’d be getting introduced to my Browning and possibly the JHP which reside in its magazine.

Mooseman on October 3, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Bolsheviks, I tell ya, Bolsheviks…Nice to see the Comrades coming out to support Dear Leader…………

adamsmith on October 3, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Actually, in fairness, it’s been a long time since the left abandoned all pretence of being tolerant or fair about anything. Or even decent.

Mambo Bananapatch on October 3, 2008 at 10:04 AM

This is why I dont put out political signs on my yard or car. It’s irrelevant anyways as most people can’t read anyway.

tx2654 on October 3, 2008 at 1:52 PM