Video: The obligatory, excruciating “The View debates Sarah Palin” clip

posted at 6:25 pm on October 1, 2008 by Allahpundit

I had a nightmare about this last night, except that in my dream Rosie came out at the end and administered the oath of office to Obama right there on the set. And his inaugural address was all about whether fire can melt steel.

Watch to the end or else you’ll miss Barbara pressuring Hasselbeck to explain why Palin’s qualified to be president. Her answer: Why is Obama qualified to be president? The ladies don’t like that.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

(And, it fits.)

capitalist piglet on October 1, 2008 at 7:42 PM

4-1, plus the crowd.

That just sucks for Hasselbeck.

nickj116 on October 1, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Well I have a rock hammer (it bounces when smacking rock so it doesn’t polverize them to dust) would that work? – upinak on October 1, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Nope….LOL….uh…it would bounce off of the stones in question. Need a….*laughing too hard to finish*

ManlyRash on October 1, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Mr. Joe on October 1, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Hells bells, man…after The View our dear Elizabeth will need a farking exorcist.

Paging Father Lankester Merrin…will Father Lankester Merrin please report to the Fox News Green Room…

ManlyRash on October 1, 2008 at 8:00 PM

The four cud chewing cows scream her down at every turn

csdeven on October 1, 2008 at 7:27 PM

There are worse things than being a cud chewing cow, friend. With my little ring I can take them all apart molecule by molecule and then put them all back together again. And maybe I put them back together right and maybe I don’t. But they’ll all be alive and conscious for every second of it.

HalJordan on October 1, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Four liberals against one conservative – sounds even to me.

pocomoco on October 1, 2008 at 8:11 PM

When they were joking about McCain’s age, Barbara was very quiet. She then changed the subject. It was almost like Joy was laughing at all old people (including Barbara).

jerseyman on October 1, 2008 at 8:15 PM

If Sarah is so stupid, why don’t they just invite her on their show and prove it in real life?

snaggletoothie on October 1, 2008 at 8:24 PM

I couldn’t handle more than 2 minutes. Reminds me of a bag of cats.

Captain America on October 1, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Get ELIZABETH a TUTOR.

4 to one odds ain’t that bad, especially when one is Joy Behar, a moron, and dumb as rocks.

Elizabeth, take your time with your responses and have some backup.

Ask Joy what she’s accomplished? Only ONE child? What kind of woman is she? She was a SECRETARY for pete’s sake!

Couldn’t keep a husband either…

Barbara’s an admitted adultress, a homewrecker…

originalpechanga on October 1, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Please, please, please, please let McCain-Palin win just so I can watch this show Nov 5.

JustTruth101 on October 1, 2008 at 7:11 PM

I want to see the faces of the MSM stretch further and further into floor as their report results on Nov.4. Just like in 2004. I also love the visual effect of pink liberal skin gradually turning gray over a period of 2 or 3 hours.

neuquenguy on October 1, 2008 at 8:47 PM

No. Not these c’s.

Coronagold on October 1, 2008 at 8:49 PM

ugh, the idiots in the audience are almost as bad as these hags.

RightWinged on October 1, 2008 at 8:53 PM

When BHO made the lipstick on a pig joke, and waited for the laugh, I didn’t hear a word from Joy or Whoopi about how disengenuous he was for backtracking later. Of course, I don’t watch The Pew, but I’d be willing to bet they defended Barry.

BeachBaby on October 1, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Elizabeth should quit that show while she still can save some face. She should announce it on her show, unexpectedly, even without saying a word to anyone else.

I’m confident that she has saved some money and will do all right on her own for a while.

It’s time for Conservatives to say out loud, “I’m NOT your punching bag!” It’s time to grow some spine and to develop a complete counterculture, apart from the “mainstream”.

They do not welcome us. We should leave them to their own selves, and do likewise.

newton on October 1, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Wait, wait. Behar is sitting next to a woman who thinks the earth is flat and she thinks PALIN is dumb???

At about 7:48 there was an odd noise. Could it have been Whoppi farting?

radjah shelduck on October 1, 2008 at 9:06 PM

It was a prepared speech, you morons. Everyone knew she was going to make the statement. Besides, that’s McCain’s running gag about himself, that he’s old.

spmat on October 1, 2008 at 9:36 PM

One of the things I like the most about Sarah Palin is that the Left absolutely hates her.

Someone who is so hated by the leftists must be doing some things right.

ksm on October 1, 2008 at 9:39 PM

BeachBaby on October 1, 2008 at 8:58 PM

My thought as well.

aikidoka on October 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM

She starts rattling off reasons as to why she would be a good President (not VP, mind), and… ohhhhh look at the time! *cut to commercial*

That being said I didn’t think Whoopie was too bad. Or maybe it’s all relative.

Reaps on October 1, 2008 at 9:54 PM

I hear Hasselback is thinking of moving to Fox – Allah there is room for one more hater! Now’s your chance. The obligatory Allah is a hater post.

Fuquay Steve on October 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM

The View: Four feces-flinging monkeys and Elizabeth Hasselbeck discuss current events.

You can actually feel yourself getting dumber just watching the clip, imagine how it is for people who watch the whole show.

Merovign on October 1, 2008 at 10:04 PM

All of you who won’t watch the video, you have to ingest a little of the poison so that you can never be completely poisoned. It builds up your immunity. I read a book once where the King would drink a little poison every day so he would survive if anyone tried to poison him. Works for me, I for one am watching the vid. I’m taking little sips, though.

Mr_Magoo on October 1, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Just finished watching the vid. My plan didn’t work. I ingested too much poison. I should have stopped after 10 seconds. I and am now on my way to the emergency room…

Mr_Magoo on October 1, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Barbara Walters is living proof that, with a little luck, a skank can live a long, prosperous life.

D2Boston on October 1, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Uggg… I can’t stand those yentas.

vcferlita on October 1, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Elisabeth…..
Oh GOD! The others are such a c-block.

carbon_footprint on October 1, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Hasselbeck is such an embarrassment. She’s lazy and unprepared. She’s passionate about being a conservative and has no idea why. She’s obviously on the show because she needs a paycheck and she found her niche in the role of the dumb conservative blond to be fodder for the libs.

Just because she is determined enough to work for her money, doesn’t mean that “right wingers” have to support her. She hurts the cause and I wish she wasn’t perceived as speaking for the right.

After seeing her limits on The View, anyone would realize that she has very little potential in any other arena except possibly an equally lame talk show or reporter, etc…

Why didn’t she force the Palin/Hasselbeck bashing session to turn to Obama’s lack of experience and expose his past/gaffes/associations/flip-flops/etc..? Why not come on the show with her notes (if she has to) and run down the list, force it down their throats and talk over them? She won’t because she knows to play the game.

Stop cheering on this money-hungry moron.

nottakingsides on October 1, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Hasselbeck is such an embarrassment. She’s lazy and unprepared.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

carbon_footprint on October 2, 2008 at 12:14 AM

We watch them just about every morning here in our post production office and they guys always get a kick out of me referring to ‘em as “crazy ass broads”.

We can usually take about 5mins of “hot topics” before they demand I switch it back to ESPN.

The Ugly American on October 2, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Air is indignant.

Entelechy on October 2, 2008 at 3:13 AM

Anyone here ever shovel sh1t in a hen house?

locomotivebreath1901 on October 2, 2008 at 8:08 AM

I would watch it Allah, but watching The View, is like watching a turtle have sex. Its just not even remotely possible.

TheHat on October 2, 2008 at 8:43 AM

WTH is she even doing there? Put her on the AM Fox News lineup. Rescue the poor gal please.

FireBlogger on October 2, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Get out of there Elizabeth!

Becoming a “C-word” is apparently contagious!!

cntrlfrk on October 2, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Well, that was….revulsive. Elizabeth gets kudos for trying, but she was talkin’ to air.

dufflepud on October 2, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Well Hasselbeck may not be the best choice for the ONE conservative slot on the View out of 5, but she’s not TOO bad. She should be way better. But that’s what the View wants. A lackluster conservative. They need Laura Ingraham on there or even Tammy Bruce (though not a conservative, at least a free thinking classic liberal) I would take.
Those harpies on the View cannot stand when Elizabeth has a point to make bcs then they start to cackle & bitch & drown her out. This is what people do when they have no leg to stand upon. They get defensive.
Every time I have ever seen this show, these women disgust me. Ugh. It makes me wish I were a man.

Badger40 on October 2, 2008 at 11:53 AM

The show is sunk without Hasselbeck. The residue is a bunch of post menapausal dolts you could find in any Starbucks after the kids are dropped off at school.

moxie_neanderthal on October 2, 2008 at 4:07 PM

The show is sunk without Hasselbeck.

moxie_neanderthal on October 2, 2008 at 4:07 PM

And what is the show WITH her?

You sound like you actually watch it. If so, you’ve lost all credibility.

nottakingsides on October 2, 2008 at 11:59 PM