Obama’s attack on the First Amendment

posted at 4:00 pm on October 1, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Andy McCarthy slams Barack Obama and his campaign for its free-speech thuggery of the past few weeks in his latest NRO column.  Forget Islamist encroachment via shari’a, McCarthy advises.  Now we have the tyranny of The One before us, and it may yet prevail:

I’ll be blunt: Sen. Obama and his supporters despise free expression, the bedrock of American self-determinism and hence American democracy. What’s more, like garden-variety despots, they see law not as a means of ensuring liberty but as a tool to intimidate and quell dissent.

We London conferees were fretting over speech codes, “hate speech” restrictions, “Islamophobia” provisions, and “libel tourism” — the use of less journalist-friendly defamation laws in foreign jurisdictions to eviscerate our First Amendment freedom to report, for example, on the nexus between ostensible Islamic charity and the funding of terrorist operations.

All the while, in St. Louis, local law-enforcement authorities, dominated by Democrat-party activists, were threatening libel prosecutions against Obama’s political opposition. County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch and City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, abetted by a local sheriff and encouraged by the Obama campaign, warned that members of the public who dared speak out against Obama during the campaign’s crucial final weeks would face criminal libel charges — if, in the judgment of these conflicted officials, such criticism of their champion was “false.”

The chill wind was bracing. The Taliban could not better rig matters. The Prophet of Change is only to be admired, not questioned. In the stretch run of an American election, there is to be no examination of a candidate for the world’s most powerful office — whether about his radical record, the fringe Leftism that lies beneath his thin, centrist veneer, his enabling of infanticide, his history of race-conscious politics, his proposals for unprecedented confiscation and distribution of private property (including a massive transfer of American wealth to third-world dictators through international bureaucrats), his ruinous economic policies that have helped leave Illinois a financial wreck, his place at the vortex of the credit market implosion that has put the U.S. economy on the brink of meltdown, his aggressive push for American withdrawal and defeat in Iraq, his easy gravitation to America-hating activists, be they preachers like Jeremiah Wright, terrorists like Bill Ayers, or Communists like Frank Marshall Davis. Comment on any of this and risk indictment or, at the very least, government harassment and exorbitant legal fees.

The last point bears repeating and enhancing.  Critics of the BCRA (McCain-Feingold) had the same concern over its application, especially when the FEC considered applying its provisions to the blogosphere.  People scoff at warnings such as this from McCarthy and say, “Charges would never stand up in court,” but the prosecutors wouldn’t have to prevail in court in order to win.  If political criticism ran the risk of an expensive criminal defense, how many of us would indulge ourselves in our First Amendment right to speak truth to power?

Some may be tempted to shrug this off as an ironic payback to McCain for the BCRA, but McCarthy rejects that.  In both cases, the true victim isn’t an opposing politician but the Americans who assumed that the First Amendment guaranteed the right to political speech more than the right to dance nude in front of drunk frat boys.  Allowing this kind of legal intimidation to political speech guarantees that we will have less of it.  It also shows a certain tendency towards fascism among Team Obama’s supporters that voters should carefully consider.

McCarthy, a former US Attorney, believes that the Department of Justice should investigate these incidents.  Current federal law prohibits public officials from intimidating people in connection to federal elections.  Obama’s Truth Squad in Missouri may have crossed that line, and McCarthy believes that enough probable cause exists to begin a formal investigation into their actions already.

I’d settle for an honest accounting of this intimidation tactic by the national media.  For an industry that has the most to lose from the election of an administration willing to use thuggery to silence its critics, the national media has been strangely silent.  Perhaps they don’t mind cheering the thugs as long as the thugs sympathize with their policy ideals, one of which is distinctly not the First Amendment and free political speech.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Where’s philnewkirk?

darwin on October 1, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Ja….

sven10077 on October 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM

In the movie Spartacus when the Roman soldiers were looking among the throng of slaves for Spartacus, each slave in turn stood up and claimed, “I am Spartacus” until there were hundreds shouting it.

The prosecutors, sheriffs and other authorities cannot arrest, indict, or intimidate everybody. Let each one who cares about free speech and what bits of freedom we have left stand up and question Obama’s past, present and future plans.

Sloan Morganstern on October 1, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Your IPs have been logged.

ronsfi on October 1, 2008 at 5:05 PM

LOL

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Your IPs have been logged.

I’m on an office network. Good luck pinning my exact cube down. ;)

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:14 PM

My husband is an Obama supporter and I use his computer to post on all the blogs.

Hehehehehehehe

rockmom on October 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Being a Democrat means never having to face justice

Iblis on October 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM

My 17 yo daughter was telling us this morning that her yearbook teacher was discussing the truther movement with the class and stated that she really believes it.

I keep hearing about this Truther thing, especially from my liberal acquaintances – and all the more from the people I know online. What exactly is it?

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Hows this for, um,..let the video speak for it’s self!

christene on October 1, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Just so the video is on the second page of comments as well.

Abby Adams on October 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM

After Palin’s e-mails were printed I couldn’t help but think of Captain Von Trapp in “The Sound of Music” when he was told what the telegraph to him said. He responded, “Telegraphs are private. At least in the Austria I know…”

Interesting that this would crop up the week when Palin’s gonna be in St Louis for a debate.

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM

I’d settle for an honest accounting of this intimidation tactic by the national media. For an industry that has the most to lose from the election of an administration willing to use thuggery to silence its critics, the national media has been strangely silent. Perhaps they don’t mind cheering the thugs as long as the thugs sympathize with their policy ideals, one of which is distinctly not the First Amendment and free political speech.

Captain Ed, sometimes you are too fair and balanced in evaluating offensive political behavior. This type of intimidating behavior by self-appointed “truth squads” must be fought against at all levels, for our First Amendment rights were secured primarily to protect our freedom to express political opinion. Relying on our national media to take up the cause is an exercise in futility in that they too often suppress, fail to pursue in any depth, or ignore information if it doesn’t fit the template. Too many of our news “personalities” skate mighty closely to aggressive, almost thuggish, intimidation themselves.

I’m with Andy McCarthy on this one. Investigation of these intimidation incidents should be pursued with vigor.

onlineanalyst on October 1, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Rockmom, how does your husband feel about the truth squad, lawsuits, jamming radio phone lines, the kids singing to “Dear Leader”, the ACORN connections, etc? Does he just ignore it all?

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Thank you, there are at least a few sane voices here. Jeeze, what’s with everyone this afternoon–”Let’s just give up, throw in the towel, Obama has this in the bag.”
Eeyors, all of you. Buck up!

labwriter on October 1, 2008 at 4:40 PM

It’s not giving up it’s a realization that BO is going to be the next president and there is nothing that can stop it from happening.

jmarcure on October 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM

rockmom on October 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM

I have a mixed-marriage too. Luckily, my hubby is very moderate. That is why we both get along.

Laura in Maryland on October 1, 2008 at 5:22 PM

jmarcure on October 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Vote….if he wins and doesn’t attack the Constitution and Bill of Rights it is our duty to endure him…..he does attack the Constitution and Bill of Rights it is just as much our duty to destroy him. If it is obvious we cannot do so we should rally in Texas and make a better American state.

sven10077 on October 1, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Anyone who isn’t concerned about this needs to look up the Canadian show trials of Ezra Levant and Mark Steyn (and others). THE TRUTH IS NO DEFENCE.

Laura in Maryland on October 1, 2008 at 5:23 PM

jmarcure on October 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM

I don’t believe it for a second. Not yet.

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Radio interview with Katie Couric:

Couric: Senator, don’t you think the tactics by your campaign to slince your critics and intimidate voters are against what this country stands for?

Obama: No response (scuffle heard in background, muffled voices).

Charlie Gibson: Now Senator, sorry for the technical difficulties … Katie has mike problems. So, how does it feel to be adored around the world Senator Obama?

darwin on October 1, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Laura in Maryland on October 1, 2008 at 5:23 PM

you don’t win expecting your opponent to be honorable….

like I said vote….

we fail then we watch him like a hawk, he violates the Constitution or BoR we rebel, we fail or it is obvious we can’t win we rally in Texas and build a better American state.

sven10077 on October 1, 2008 at 5:27 PM

I won’t presume to speak for Rockmom, but I’ll tell you that my spouse who supports Obama doesn’t have any problem at all ignoring those things. As a faithful consumer of MSM wisdom and truth, she is totally oblivious to them, since she assumes any information that comes from anywhere BUT the MSM is simply not true.

drunyan8315 on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

sven10077 on October 1, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Take Arizona with you! I beg! I plead!!

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM

In a nut shell it is the belief the Islamic terrorists did not highjack the planes on 9/11. It is the belief that the buildings were taken down buy controlled demolition. It is the belief that Bush is behind the 9/11 attacks and that they were done in order to justify attacking Iraq in order to steal their oil line the pockets of his friends. Those are some of the saner theories of the Truth movement. Some of the crazier ones have the passengers of the planes locked away in secret prisons somewhere in the Midwest. Of course they are also being tortured for reasons not quite understood.

jmarcure on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

drunyan8315 on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

right, there’s a million plus member conspiracy to frame Barry….

cue jet overhead

sven10077 on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

The info listed with that YouTube video:

Urban middle school students uniquely display their understanding of the democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama’s health care reform plan. The chant “omega, alpha” symbolizes the end of the old way of thinking, and the newness in their ideas and thoughts. Barack Obama has invoked thought even in the minds of the youth.

The One has powers beyond belief. He can even invoke thought even in the minds of youth. /sarc/
Do those kids even have an inkling about what useful tools they are?

Mulligan on October 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Take Arizona with you! I beg! I plead!!

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

New Texas or whatever will hardly be alone….I suggest you google Dr. Williams’ “is it time we part company?”

If Barry and the donks want to drive over the cliff that is their right, but my love for this nation is not a suicide pact and if New Texas passed the US BoR I’d go and be a loyal Texan.

sven10077 on October 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM

drunyan8315 on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

My sister-in-law falls into this slot partially. Multiple times I’ve been ridiculed by her when having political discussions as “having the political education of the Internets” while she has had “the political education of PoliSci courses”.

Personally I prefer to claim I have the political education of El Rushbo and my conservative upbringing, but hey that’s just me.

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:31 PM

jmarcure on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

The “Let’s Roll” guys are rolling… in their graves.

*scowls*

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:32 PM

I have a question. Isn’t libel and slander civil prosecutions, if you will, and not criminal prosecutions? Sheriffs and district attorneys haven’t a leg to stand on in bringing any sort of law enforcement to bear unless the aggrieved party has 1) standing and 2) files a complaint.

Lastly, even if a) and b) are met, those legal beagles that bring the suit are the aggrieved party’s own lawyers, not some public civil servant, aren’t they? So if Obama feels he’s been slandered or libeled, he can get his personal lawyers to file the suits.

I’ll stand corrected, if there is some special case in the election law. Is there? If I’m right, the question becomes, can Obama use his campaign funds to pay his lawyers or does he need to pay it from his personal checking account?

Dusty on October 1, 2008 at 5:32 PM

sven10077 on October 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM

I’ll have to look into that after work.

Growing up in Texas I encountered more than my share of people who ran around claiming Texas was never properly inducted into the Union and was therefore still its own sovereign nation. At that time I just thought they were nuts or Anti-American or something. Maybe there’s something to those “nuts” after all….

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Hows this for, um,..let the video speak for it’s self!

christene on October 1, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Just so the video is on the second page of comments as well.

Abby Adams on October 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM
________________________________________________________

Just sent video to HotAir tips.

christene on October 1, 2008 at 5:35 PM

At the beginning of that video as they enter, they are chanting “Alpha-Omega”. This is an Old Testament Name for God and in the N.T. is applied to Jesus Christ. The sight of young followers of a political leader in uniforms and military fatigues is quite unnerving in a Western country. If the video isn’t a spoof Allah should post it as a feature.

cornwall on October 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM

“Perhaps they (MSM) don’t mind cheering the thugs as long as the thugs sympathize with their policy ideals…”

Like the German industrialist who embrached Hitler, believeing they could control him, the MSM believes The Chosen will all them to continue publishingn their drivel after he is elected.

Didn’t Churchhill mention that in riding on the back of a tiger, you often end up inside?

GarandFan on October 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM

GarandFan on October 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM

* A person powerful people think they can control – CHECK

It’s near the top of BigDog’s Obama List.

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:38 PM

drunyan8315 on October 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Does she know that the AP cut off the first half of Palin’s “God’s will” sentence? Why cut someone off in mid-sentence? What did she think of Rathergate? Is she aware that Saddam’s documents note how he bribed CNN to spread propaganda because CNN had credibility (just like your wife gives CNN credibility)?

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Every time you post you put “eats” at the end…………..

…….KNOCK IT OFF DAMNIT, I’m gaining weight!

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Mulligan on October 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM

How do you find information about a YouTube video? Any idea who put that one out?

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Every time you post you put “eats” at the end…………..

There’s an excess of moonbats. Adventurers have gotten scarce of late. And I have a high metabolism. :)

Put it this way – the more I eat, the less you have to eat. That solves the weight problem. :D

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Sure thing BUT…..I have to see my DR. at the VA Friday and she is going to check my cholesterol levels….

…….thanks to you …….I’M SCREWED.

LOL

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 5:50 PM

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 5:50 PM

I thank you for your advice – I only get worried because my husband is gone during the week, and they know it. I don’t mind getting flipped off, but I don’t like the stopping outside my house and staring – but I’m not going to back down.

And have fun at the VA. : )

Anna on October 1, 2008 at 5:54 PM

The teacher didn’t even try to argue my daughters point.

mauioriginal on October 1, 2008 at 5:05 PM

“I feel your pain”

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 1, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 5:50 PM

“Turn your head an cough”

Ewwwwwww.

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 1, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Current federal law prohibits public officials from intimidating people in connection to federal elections. Obama’s Truth Squad in Missouri may have crossed that line, and McCarthy believes that enough probable cause exists to begin a formal investigation into their actions already.

Good luck with that.

Don’t hold your breath.

Vashta.Nerada on October 1, 2008 at 4:03 PM

ditto

right2bright on October 1, 2008 at 5:57 PM

GarandFan on October 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Acutally what Sir Winston said was this:

“The appeaser is the one who feeds the alligator, hoping he will be eaten last.”

I just get the feeling that Sir Winston looks down upon England and the U.S. (his mother was American) and weeps….

Agent of the Cross on October 1, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Agent of the Cross on October 1, 2008 at 5:57 PM

As likely would a litany of former Commanders-in-Chief.

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Well then, I think I’ll challenge it and take my chances in court……

Barack Oslime-a is a black supremest white hating baby killing terrorist sympathizer!!!

Come and get me speech police!!!!

Oh, wait a minute….you have to lie before they’ll come get you.

RATS!

csdeven on October 1, 2008 at 6:01 PM

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Go to the video on YouTube, and there’s a box on the left with (more info). Click on that and you get the stuff I quoted earlier. NLENTONLINE is the person who put the video up, and they have a couple other things on YouTube, which I haven’t watched yet.

Mulligan on October 1, 2008 at 6:04 PM

The overarching plan and the time it takes to accomplish America’s defeat:

How and by whom the Destablization and Crisis phases should happen:

Justincase, as concerns conspiracy theories…there are 2 things they do not count on, Nature, & Human Nature.
There’s a 3rd…but it doesn’t play well on this site.

lobosan5 on October 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM

“Turn your head an cough”

Ewwwwwww.

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 1, 2008 at 5:56 PM

That’s better than the prostate exam they are going to try and give me!

over and out!

LOL

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM

lobosan5 at 6:07PM

Two things the conspirators don’t count on, or conspiracy theorists don’t count on?

How do you think human nature mixes things up?

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Just a little off topic…. Just had an Obama Campaign worker knocking at the door…. Looking for a newly registered Democrat, at an address that doesn’t exist, and a name that is ‘foreign’ to me.

Well, the address may exist… But it has been a vacant lot since at least 1100AD when an offshoot of the Mimbres culture lived in the neighborhood.

ACORN has, no doubt been at it again.

LegendHasIt on October 1, 2008 at 6:13 PM

You all did hear Obama say this morning that he wants to give our children a world class education from the day they are born, did you not?

Connie on October 1, 2008 at 6:14 PM

The info listed with that YouTube video:

Do those kids even have an inkling about what useful tools they are?

Mulligan on October 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM
________________________________________________________

“middle school students”…American tax dollars hard at work!

christene on October 1, 2008 at 6:14 PM

I think that Obama’s Truth Squads are different from the 9-11 Truthers. Obama’s minions are dedicated to “setting the record straight” via various intimidating methods should they perceive that The One has been questioned, contradicted, or “slandered” in any way.

Was this strategy what Obama meant when he claimed that he would not be swiftboated, that the gloves would be off? (Even though he obviously misconstrues criticism with slander; Kerry has never proven that the claims of the swiftboat crews have been fabricated libel.)

onlineanalyst on October 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Recording location looks like Kansas City, MO.

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Hows this for, um,..let the video speak for it’s self!
christene on October 1, 2008 at 4:04 PM

“They’re gonna’ try n’ tell you, I’m a scary guy.”

Well Urkel,

YOU don’t scare me, per se, but what you spawn sure does.

franksalterego on October 1, 2008 at 6:20 PM

And have fun at the VA. : )

Anna on October 1, 2008 at 5:54 PM

To bad you don’t live close by.

I have been spit on, called all kinds of names, my kids have been picked on and it’s not for who I voted for it’s because I am a Nam Vet.

Some have tried to give me crap for who I vote for but they only do it once. LOL

The DR. visit should be fun………LOL

She will more than likely set me up for more CT Scans for cancer. Those are so much fun, I get them every 6 months…and people wonder why I drink. LOL

It’s all good and I’m not bitchin. I served my country with honor and would gladly do it again.

Sex, Drugs & Rock n Roll kids……….

or in my case………..Rock n Roll.

I’m getting old. LOL

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 6:23 PM

And when Newt Gingrich had his cell phone conversations listened in on in violation of the law,, nothing happened about it.
Dems have been breaking laws and pushing the limits for how long?? And what have the consequences ever been?
What did Bush do about the vandalism and theft in the White House?
What ever happened to the Clintons concerning the firing of travel director Billy Dale?
President Bush fires 9 attorney and Bill Clinton fired every living one of them,, and who is under investigation??
The more thieves get away with breaking the laws the more they are encouraged to repeat it.
Some Republicans are going to have to start standing up to these lawbreakers or we are going to wake up one day and it will be way too late.
yeah,, it’s a very old saying,,, but it is true,, evil prevails when good men do nothing. And as far as I can see, a lot of people are doing absolutely nothing.

JellyToast on October 1, 2008 at 6:27 PM

I’m getting old. LOL

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Say that with pride, soldier. :D

*salutes!*

Grue in the Attic on October 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Learning that the video features middle-school youth and reflecting on their chants, I had several thoughts:

Middle-school kids are at a volatile, hormonally driven stage in their lives. They also have a herd instinct. Being part of a crowd of peers drives a lot of their behavior as does being shut out. (It’s not a fluke that school shootings have be more often than not committed by middle-schoolers.

That said, other than the chubby kid up front, these young men look to be much older than middle-school age. Are they just physically mature for their age? Have they failed one or several grades in school?

Any bets how many of them come from the euphemistically named single-parent families? Without a strong male figure in the household, do they gravitate toward peers, gangs, or the paramilitary aspect of this type of group?

Besides the hoo-hah of how Obama would provide all of their health-care desires, each young man indicated that he needed Obama to realize his career ambitions, all of which are worthy. Kids who become successful adults have goals. What I wonder is why they need to have Obama to realize their ambitions.

There is something definitely askew in this video and the one of the tomorrow-belongs-to-me children’s sing along.

onlineanalyst on October 1, 2008 at 6:46 PM

That’s better than the prostate exam they are going to try and give me!
over and out!
LOL

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM

That’s why when I go to the VA for my examines I get the female Dr’s with the smallest hands. Try it.

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM

My husband is not an Internet geek like me. He backed Obama becasue he hates the Clintons and he opposed the war in Iraq from the start. He doesn’t give a crap about the Cult of Obama and thinks it’s all silly high-school stuff by overenthusiastic supporters. He has never read Kos or TPM or any of the liberal blogs. He reads the Philadelphia Inquirer in the morning and maybe a little of the NYT and WaPo and Boston Globe online, and listens to NPR in the car on the way to and from work. He thinks I have no life because I read the blogs all the time. I try to make him understand that he is being propagandized by the news sources he reads andf hears, and I am on the Net all the time because I want the truth. He doesn’t believe much that I bring him from the blogs because he thinks they are all biased.

rockmom on October 1, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Over.

1GooDDaDDy on October 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM

My Doc is a good lookin Texas girl….nice hands but still………

Two years ago they had to cut me open and take out a big honkin tumor and the kidney it was in love with. LOL

It’s all good. Hell, no lives forever……………

…beer stock is gonna to take a big ass hit when I die though.

LOL

Think about it.

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 7:44 PM

rockmom on October 1, 2008 at 7:27 PM

If he’s interested in the Iraq War, have him start out by reading the summary part of The Duelfer Report for context on how Saddam bribed media sources. Then let him know that we have his actual documents where he names CNN specifically. I could give a government site link for that document if you like.

We also have a document from Al Qaeda describing their plan to overcome us, and it depends largely on the media taking their side without critically analyzing their sources. And it works. How many people were killed by angry Muslims after the false report of Korans flushed down the toilet? That’s how AQ operates, and they know they can be successful because the media is “blame America first” and most people, like your husband, trust the media.

If you haven’t already, please listen (or better yet, have him listen) to the KGB defector explain particularly the demoralization stage of overthrowing America at

The media and academia are specific tools in the hands of two radical enemies – communism and radical Islam. He’s banking on people to have a 9-10-01 mindset of not being vigilant.

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 7:47 PM

One thing I have learned over the years……………..you can loose everything, ( and I have many times over), but if you loose your sense of humor you might as well be dead.>>

Thanks. I needed that.

justincase on October 1, 2008 at 7:49 PM

I have the dumbest question. Can we sue the media? Equal protection?

Cindy Munford on October 1, 2008 at 8:17 PM

I have the dumbest question. Can we sue the media? Equal protection?

Cindy Munford on October 1, 2008 at 8:17 PM

I don’t think you can sue the mentally ill but I could be wrong on this one. LOL

Old Hippie Vet on October 1, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Hows this for, um,..let the video speak for it’s self!

christene on October 1, 2008 at 4:04 PM

And the loons on the left raise their eyebrows at a protections prayer for Gov. Palin. I don’t know which is more troubling; the video or the description – as if this was all quite normal. Perhaps a video link to the HitlerJunge would be in order.

UndertheBridge on October 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM

How many ways, I wonder, can Obama be prosecuted under his own “Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act of 2005“, which seems to be designed to operate the way the 1995 revisions to the CRA did, by empowering “community organizers” to thug on elected democratics’ behalf with the sort of phony claims of Republican tactics encouraged in the DNC’s own election worker manual.

eh on October 2, 2008 at 9:57 AM

Libel is a civil matter, not criminal.

tx2654 on October 2, 2008 at 12:51 PM