Video: Chris Matthews on experience

posted at 3:00 pm on September 30, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

No one expects Chris Matthews to be unbiased or even consistent in his beliefs. The thrill up his leg has long since overridden any impulses he had towards objectivity or consistency. However, my friend Kerry Picket has a fun mash-up of Matthews over the years, valuing and devaluing experience as a prerequisite in politics:

At least he works for the right media outlet.

Comments

the “Palin has no experience, was a reckless pick” is gaining steam. She has to do well at debate this week.

sad, since so much of it is media created through editing and gotcha questions.

jp on September 30, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Hmm 1991, Matthews, You should elect a president purely on Foriegn policy.

2008.. audiologs.. LOL drilled for an exam!

God, you can’t make this up!

upinak on September 30, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Matthews will make whatever case he needs to at any given moment. He knows how to spin and manipulate perceptions and believes that perception is reality. So reality is whatever he can get people to believe.

D0WNT0WN on September 30, 2008 at 3:08 PM

D0WNT0WN on September 30, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Only problem is that his preception IS his reality.. and a poor one at that.

upinak on September 30, 2008 at 3:10 PM

***

jp on September 30, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Anymore, she’s irrelevant. With McCain either picking his nose or looking like a fool, unwilling to go after Dems and Obama, the only reason to watch Palin on Thursday is to be able to get the jokes about her from Thursday through the election. Meanwhile, McCain’s vital signs are stable as his campaign remains in a persistent vegetative state. Does anyone have authority to pull the plug?

BuckeyeSam on September 30, 2008 at 3:12 PM

What good is experience is you don’t LEARN FROM IT, like, say Joe BIDEN??

originalpechanga on September 30, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Chris Matthews; “Don’t you have a concern that she is being kind of “home schooled by some of these ideologs?”

Yeah, if there is one thing Chris Matthews can’t stand, it is an “ideolog!”

Star20 on September 30, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Yeah, if there is one thing Chris Matthews can’t stand, it is an “ideolog!”

You beat me to it.

I guess Obama who rose through the ranks in the Left-wing Political Machine in Chicago has been exposed to different points of view and he’s not at all an idealogue.

Erockk on September 30, 2008 at 3:17 PM

I thought I saw someone discussing media bias and although only identified as “Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum on that other network” , no further identification was necessary for the worst examples of that particular topic. Everybody knows the names by now.

Marcus on September 30, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Who would have thought Tip O’Neill’s former staffer/star catamite would be biased in favor of Democrats?

Life is too short to waste a moment on the idiotic ramblings of the Chris Matthews of the world.

I have no idea why Republicans waste time talking to this clown act, but I do know that I have zero interest in anything having to do with Matthews.

NoDonkey on September 30, 2008 at 3:20 PM

BuckeyeSam on September 30, 2008 at 3:12 PM

maybe you can sit home on election day. People like you and Kathleen parker are the problem, not the solution.

Chudi on September 30, 2008 at 3:21 PM

The Democrats have no core beliefs, they simple want power.

Elizabetty on September 30, 2008 at 3:21 PM

HACK.

KelliD on September 30, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Notice the veiled slight at home schooling? His kind gives me no “thrill up my leg.” More like a chill up my spine.

pugwriter on September 30, 2008 at 3:24 PM

I used to tune-in to MSNBC every so often, just to see what the enemy was up to. It used to be good for a laugh or two. Their unabashed biased has reached a point now where I don’t even sneak a peak. It’s unbearable to watch.

Can’t the FCC look into this network, one that is nothing more than a continuous campaign ad for Obama 24/7?

fogw on September 30, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Chrissy believes in hope and tingles….

sven10077 on September 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Ed -

Any other place to view the video? Firewall at work is blocking your imbed.

jrlingreenbay on September 30, 2008 at 3:31 PM

BuckeyeSam on September 30, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Poll: McCain nets two points overnight, trails now by six

It would be a shame if you pulled your plug.

wise_man on September 30, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Not really. It might not look good right now from the polls, but this financial mess could give McCain the chance to shine later on, as the DOER vs. Obama’s Tallker. Once it’s resolved, McCain goes out on the trail, does some ads (and talks during debates) about how HE saw this coming in 2005 and tried to do something about it THEN, how the bad Fannie and Freddie loans were pushed by Democrats over Republican objections, and how McCain was there working with Congress while Obama was waiting for the phone to ring.

As for Sarah Palin, she went back on what she said she would at the convention–NOT seek the approval of the media! Since she is probably acutely aware of the media’s all-out desire to make her look stupid by throwing out her good answers and misquoting her, she should take her case directly to the people–during the debate, on talk radio, on Fox News, and on the campaign trail, with no editing. Sarah Palin should tell the media that, if they want to make everything into a “stump-the-candidate” quiz, screw ‘em.

Steve Z on September 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I’ve been thinking of a good drinking game for all us. Watch MSNBC, starting at 5:00PM. Take a drink every time you hear something bad about Republicans, or good about Democrats. The last one still standing, probably around 5:15, wins.

Star20 on September 30, 2008 at 3:40 PM

BuckeyeSam on September 30, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Don’t let him fool you. In my book he’s officially a Troll. He won’t be staying home on election day. He’ll be out voting several times for his boy Obama. But he’s commenting up a storm on almost every blog here with the same meme; trying to depress our support. Don’t fall for it.

hawkdriver on September 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Star20 on September 30, 2008 at 3:40 PM

I haven’t drank like that since…

Hmmm, I’ve never drank that much.

hawkdriver on September 30, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Allah’s Eeyores seem to have drifted over to Ed’s posts. “Oh, woe is me. The world is crashing down around my ears. Palin is the worst pick evah!”

McCain/Palin by at least 35 electoral votes.

Buford Gooch on September 30, 2008 at 3:44 PM

How dare you say anything negative about Allah like that, Buford Gooch. Why he is the is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.

wise_man on September 30, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Who would have thought Tip O’Neill’s former staffer/star catamite
NoDonkey on September 30, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Learn a new word every day here.

Sounded like a geological term, like stalactite and stalagmite. Had to look it up.

Reminds me of Spiro Agnew’s ‘troglodytes’.

fred5678 on September 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM

The one MAJOR thing I don’t hear anyone on the right say yet is that Obama has far less experience than Palin. Why is it that NO ONE in the media has pointed this out? The only thing that Marxist does better than anyone is read a teleprompter. I don’t think that really goes onto a Presidential resume.

Vote for McCain/Palin ’08. If the Marxist wins, we are in the last days of a free America. It’ll be The United Socialist States of America. We will have a congress with representatives from Russia, Venezuela, Cuba and Kenya. Dude, where’s MY country?

adamsmith on September 30, 2008 at 3:51 PM

hawkdriver on September 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM

I have noticed that the ground had virtually seemed paved with plastic grass lately and many folks pursuing the suble supression methods. Personally, I like it. I changed my registration from Republican to no party affiliation a couple of months ago. I LOVE for Obama people to call. My current record is keeping one on the phone for 20 minutes discussing “important issues” why I should vote for Senator Obama…. I leave them with I’m still undecided. 20 Minutes of them NOT making calls where they might have a chance of convincing someone. Same for trolls here… time spent spinning their little troll wheels.

CC

CapedConservative on September 30, 2008 at 3:52 PM

fred5678 on September 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Now there you go… geologic?!? And I though that was one of the two types of people invited to a Barney Fwank party…

CC

CapedConservative on September 30, 2008 at 3:54 PM

wise_man on September 30, 2008 at 3:47 PM

While I appreciate your humor, I didn’t actually say anything at all about Allah. My womment was on the people who comment on his threads ;-)

Buford Gooch on September 30, 2008 at 3:59 PM

womment=comment Darn new fangled internet thingy!

Buford Gooch on September 30, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Wish they had a “Preview” button on this blog. Oh, wait…

Buford Gooch on September 30, 2008 at 4:01 PM

You don’t have to be part of the Washington problem to be part of the Washington Solution.

flyoverland on September 30, 2008 at 4:02 PM

*waves my queen of diamonds playing card at Buford Gooch.*

wise_man on September 30, 2008 at 4:06 PM

CC

CapedConservative on September 30, 2008 at 3:52 PM

lol

You go!

hawkdriver on September 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM

If Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are so certain their guy is going to win, what do they care who McCain picked?

DrMagnolias on September 30, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Never watched this clown…never will…when I see his pic I always wonder if he’s been barney franks bf at one time…

areseaoh on September 30, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Hmmmm…’aren’t you afraid that she’s getting drilled?’ LOL.

Christine on September 30, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Dr Magnolias, that is the million dollar question. I’d love to see their internal polling.

sophiesmom on September 30, 2008 at 6:13 PM

I don’t see a video here; just big wide-open white space. What kind of video is it? Anybody got an external link? :)

Tuning Spork on September 30, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Nevermind. Third refresh was the charm.

Tuning Spork on September 30, 2008 at 7:09 PM

Palin is a real person and the media hates that. She’s one of us and they hate that. God help us all if she’s NOT the VP in January.

Mojave Mark on September 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM

The brain loses cells over time. His just haven’t replenished fast enough. Has something to do with leg tingling.
Actually, God has given America Palin to test us with what we will do with her. So far her presence has clearly revealed the character and morality of liberalism. This is what infuriates them, being exposed by the sharp contrast of who she is versus what they are. That is why they want freedom from religion, not freedom of religion. They will try to do to her what they did to Christ because He exposed the hypocrites of the day by His light…and the libs are indeed crucifying her in 21st century terms.

wepeople on September 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Actually, the Chris Matthews experience I’d like to have and share would be to find a copy of the footage of him literally breaking down in tears and blubbering on the air immediately following Gore’s concession speech in 2000.

They had to cut to Brokaw, who seemed really discombobulated at Matthew’s behaviour.

It was classic – but I’ve never been able to find a clip of it – dag nab it!!!!

Wind Rider on September 30, 2008 at 10:07 PM