Palin talks gays, feminism, abortion, and evolution with Couric; Update: Video added

posted at 8:33 pm on September 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

I waited an hour for CBS to post the video. No luck. I’m uploading my own cut so stand by for that; when their version goes up, I’ll swap it in. In the meantime, here’s the transcript. Remember, the rap on Palin is that she’s supposedly a “Christianist” nut ready to impose theocracy at the first opportunity. Here we learn that she supports contraception; doesn’t want to punish abortion with jail time; supports teaching evolution as “an accepted principle” and may very well oppose teaching creationism (it’s ambiguous); and reaffirms that she doesn’t judge gays, partly because she’s had a close friend who’s gay for decades.

And yet. Read through it and tell me what the media will lead with tomorrow. Here’s a hint: It has nothing to do with her policy answers.

Update: Here’s the vid.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 7

She doesn’t support teaching creationism?

I’M OFF THE BANDWAGON!!!

/s

Slublog on September 30, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I know what the media will lead with, at least the blogging media:

I have one of my absolute best friends for the last 30 years happens to be gay, and I love her dearly. And she is not my “gay friend,” she is one of my best friends, who happens to have made a choice that isn’t a choice that I have made. But I am not going to judge people.

stoj on September 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Already spotted a hack edit on energy. When Palin says “It’s gotta be an all of the above approach…” after the quip about Alaska’s oil & gas, I’m certain she had talked renewables. She always does.

But they hacked it as “fossil fuels”-only. Ugh.

Gonna keep watching.

lansing quaker on September 30, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Here we learn that she supports contraception

The exchange:

Couric: Some people have credited the morning-after pill for decreasing the number of abortions. How do you feel about the morning-after pill?

Palin: Well, I am all for contraception. And I am all for preventative measures that are legal and save, and should be taken, but Katie, again, I am one to believe that life starts at the moment of conception. And I would like to see …

Couric: And so you don’t believe in the morning-after pill?

Palin: … I would like to see fewer and fewer abortions in this world. And again, I haven’t spoken with anyone who disagrees with my position on that.

Couric: I’m sorry, I just want to ask you again. Do you not support or do you condone or condemn the morning-after pill.

Palin: Personally, and this isn’t McCain-Palin policy …

Couric: No, that’s OK, I’m just asking you.

Palin: But personally, I would not choose to participate in that kind of contraception.

“That kind of contraception” is what Feminists for Life (a group Palin is a Member of) refers to as “abortifacient contraception”. This category also includes the birth control pill.

Big S on September 30, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Was the friend gay for decades? LOL. The other night I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I’ll never know.

ManlyRash on September 30, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Where does she get her news? What kind question is that? Why and how is that even relevant?

fourstringfuror on September 30, 2008 at 8:48 PM

I read the transcripts and Sarah has been to charm school NEVER ANSWER THE QUESTION THEY ASK YOU school. So no more cringe worthy sound bytes from now till November. She was solid from what I read. Katie only throws hard balls to the girls. Here, I thought girls played softball.

Mojave Mark on September 30, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Not gonna bother. It doesn’t matter. She will go down in flames Thursday night and Biden will field dress her political corpse in front of millions of Idjits.

ManlyRash on September 30, 2008 at 8:49 PM

They (the media) are self-centered. That’s where that question came from (and that they don’t think she reads). It’d have been awesome if she said “HotAir”… :)

Pasalubong on September 30, 2008 at 8:50 PM

What a suprise. Turns out she’s a libertarian after all.

But of course, we libertarian Republicans have been saying this for weeks.

BUT OUR CONSERVATIVE FRIENDS HAVEN’T LISTENED!

ericdondero on September 30, 2008 at 8:51 PM

fourstringfuror on September 30, 2008 at 8:48 PM

The mainstream media still thinks it’s the center of the universe and simply cannot understand the idea of not being on someone’s reading or viewing list.

Slublog on September 30, 2008 at 8:51 PM

From what I saw and heard in that clip, SP hit it outta the park and Katie was left with her mouth open, catching flies.
I don’t agree with everything sarah said, but 80-90% is pretty darn good!
I thought that was much better than her interview with Hugh Hewitt.

Christine on September 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

People will say what they want to say, But that was a good interview!

Amadeus on September 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

ManlyRash on September 30, 2008 at 8:49 PM

I predict Biden will be too busy dodging sniper fire in the Green Zone while he was on a fact-finding mission to ban support clean coal.

BKennedy on September 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

who says Katie is a girl? She’s not the kind of girl Governor Palin is.

bloggless on September 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Loved that interview. But — and pardon this — I want these damn interviews in full. Choppy, choppy, CHOPPY editing.

And as a gay man — and a PUMA Dem — I loved her response on the gay question. I’m not going to equivocate on her use of the word “choice” in that segment. Because Palin has demonstrated she will not personally poke into people’s bedrooms. I feel more confident as a Gay American that my right to LL&tPoH is going to be respected under McCain-Palin.

Great segment. I just want more, and I want it in full. That energy-edit (cutting out what I would STRONGLY ASSUME to be a discussion on the role of renewables) really rubbed me the wrong way.

Just air the whole damn thing.

lansing quaker on September 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

I dare anyone to convince me that Couric is not jealous of Sarah Palin. Just look at Katie in her lousy push up bra. That says it all.

bloggless on September 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Palin is a natural!

Mercy4Me on September 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Yep, they want to which of THEM she’s influenced by. It’s all about them. They’ll spin it as Palin doesn’t keep up with the news or she can’t remember what she reads/has a subscription to.

Fortunata on September 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

George Will must be revising himself even as this interview gets wider viewing.

Palin, meanwhile, will make Biden look like a gaffelicious stuffed trout in the upcoming debate.

But the MSM will portray it as a win by the experienced elder statesman over the rube from Nome.

profitsbeard on September 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

*they want to know*
Sheesh.

Fortunata on September 30, 2008 at 8:55 PM

No surprises from Palin. I enjoy her.
Couric is as finicky as ever, so tedious.
The REALLY funny thing about the two women is how completely different they are. And of course, Couric is so horribly jealous of Palin’s popularity and ease with people. Couric tries her best to unnerve Palin, but I didn’t notice any success from Couric.

Here’s a headline that makes one chuckle over the great “O” texts being too insular and ignorant to EVER deserve any Nobel consideration from our great European neighbors:

Bad news for American writers hoping for a Nobel Prize next week: the top member of the award jury believes the United States is too insular and ignorant to compete with Europe when it comes to great writing.

maverick muse on September 30, 2008 at 8:58 PM

You know what, manly rash; You’re an asswipe. Plain and simple

anniekc on September 30, 2008 at 8:58 PM

What do you read? Is that code for “do you use the NYT for birdcage lining like the rest of mid-America?”

Her social con answers are great. This isn’t the platform of the campaign, but my personal views.

Spirit of 1776 on September 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Just look at Katie in her lousy push up bra. That says it all.

bloggless on September 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

LOL. So that’s what it is! I found myself looking at Katie and wondering, “where the hell did they come from?”

IrishEi on September 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Well for what it’s worth, that wasn’t absolutely mind-numbingly horrible. I think she does much better with domestic and social issues.

crr6 on September 30, 2008 at 9:00 PM

I’m always interested to know where people get their news, and I thought her answer was incredibly weak. And by the way, I’m not an Obama supporter, I’m a conservative hoping for a McCain/Palin victory.

JA on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Nurture, not nature.

Connie on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

maverick muse on September 30, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Finally, an excuse to nuke Sweden.

Slublog on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

all she had to do was say, “the economist” and id be happy. but no, we get “everything thats been in front of me” eishh

ernesto on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

she should have said, “I watch your newscast, of course.” then laughed and said, “Just kidding. Nobody watches your newscast.”

JadeNYU on September 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Just air the whole damn thing.

lansing quaker on September 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

The Media’s editing has been horible to Palin did you see Charlie Gibson’s interview editing?

Click that link

Chakra Hammer on September 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Watch the media go hunt down the Wasilla lesbian… if they do that we should demand interviews with Obama Pakistani drug runner friends…

ninjapirate on September 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM

JA on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

She does use the internet, where do you get your news?

She does have a TV..

Chakra Hammer on September 30, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Read through it and tell me what the media will lead with tomorrow.

OK, I’ll bite…………

“Gov. Palin, was feasting on dead babies being cooked on a spit, called her husband to make sure he was pimping out their daughters to his drunken buddies after perfomring incest………

……… meanwhile, Sen. Obama was found to walk on water, his farts smell like flowers and roses, and his semen can make you travel through time.”

………… what else do you think they will lead with?

Seven Percent Solution on September 30, 2008 at 9:04 PM

My guess is she doesn’t want to throw them a bone– and, God forbid, what if she gets her news from Limbaugh, blogs, Human Events, etc?

Pasalubong on September 30, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Already improving our girl is (Yoda impression). What I saw was a more relaxed in her own skin person that we saw on the day McCain announced she was his running mate. Need to stay on this course.

Hog Wild on September 30, 2008 at 9:04 PM

After watching that interview and listening to Hugh Hewitt interview Sarah, I’m feeling much better.

John Doe on September 30, 2008 at 9:05 PM

JadeNYU on September 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Lol. Well later in the interview when she said she “sees the hand of God” I’m sure Katie thought she was talking about CBS.

Spirit of 1776 on September 30, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Couric wanted to force Palin to in effect endorse a publication by naming it, and Palin wouldn’t get pinned down. Good shot, Palin. Don’t endorse an elitist rag that invades your privacy to create the worst sort of lies and rumors to smear you, just to make Katie’s day. Palin performed classic diplomacy well at each stick that Katie shook in Palin’s face.

maverick muse on September 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM

ernesto on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

No, she can’t be seen to endorse anyone or anything in particular. She’s an executive, not a mouthpiece. Besides, the Economist is full of sh*t.

Fortunata on September 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM

What the hell happened last week that she looked like a deer in the headlights?

mram on September 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM

The media will lead with the story that Palin claims to read all newspapers.

bloggless on September 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Her answer wasn’t weak. The question was ridiculous. Why would u ask a Governor of a state which newspaper they read. She didn’t want to name names because the questions was offensive to begin with.

terryannonline on September 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Yeah, I think it was the nerves before and she knows the MSM is out to get her. The Hewitt thing was great (gotta listen to audio; not just read transcript). Granted it wasn’t a hardball interview, but she spoke with a lot of passion and from the heart– if she does that the rest of the campaign she’ll be fine.

Pasalubong on September 30, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Don’t I recall that in the interview that Greta did with Sarah back in April (that aired on Fox a short while back)Greta met Sarah at her house and walked to work with her. When they talked about Sarah’s daily routine, Sarah talked about opening her day reading the newspapers, internet news sites and email?

Texas Gal on September 30, 2008 at 9:08 PM

JadeNYU on September 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Good laugh, Thanks

Amadeus on September 30, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Couric: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?

What a condescending question by Couric.

Couric is no intellectual heavyweight.

The Today Show has never been about journalism. It is lightweight morning talk.

New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, Time….

None of them provide honest journalism.

These days one has to search the internet and try to figure out who is telling the truth.

slp on September 30, 2008 at 9:08 PM

“Mayor Palin…have you ever eaten the blue crab bisque at ‘Tavern on the Green’? No? Then how can you claim you represent middle America?”

Bishop on September 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Quite honestly, if you read the internet at all, I would say that you do in fact read any and all the papers. Of course Katie appears to have “refreshed” her perky breasts so that Governor Palin’s star will not outshine Ms. Couric’s.

bloggless on September 30, 2008 at 9:10 PM

I think Katie was setting a trap with that news/media question, But Sarah is a real quick study and saw a trap coming in an otherwise harmless sounding question. If thats true, she will only get better!

Amadeus on September 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM

LOL at her non-answer on newspapers/magazines. She has gotten playing the media card down to a science.

philnewkirk on September 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM

JA on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

That’s funny, I thought the exact opposite and viewed it as another question to pigeon-hole Palin. Besides, can’t say as I’ve ever heard that question asked of Biden, or Obama.

dugan on September 30, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Katie: Governor Palin, do you think my new breastasus look perky?

Governor Palin: Well, Katie, up here in Alaska, we usually don’t do that sort of thing.

Katie: Is that because you are a shallow, vain, woman, who hasn’t done one thing to qualify you to be VP of the USA?

bloggless on September 30, 2008 at 9:13 PM

HuffPo already has the Journalism Major: Can’t Name a News Source She Reads. She didn’t want to name one. That was obvious.

Connie on September 30, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Katie: Miss Wasilla, can you tell us how you will attain world peace?

Governor Palin: WTF?

bloggless on September 30, 2008 at 9:15 PM

JA on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Ditto. She should have named a few papers.

MrLynn on September 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM

During the primary, I remember some of the candidates being asked where they got their news, so it’s not like she’s the only one who’s been asked that question.

To be honest, my first reaction when I heard her answer was, “Uh-oh. She doesn’t read any newspapers or magazines at all.” And I’m sure I’m far from the only one who got that impression. Not good.

JA on September 30, 2008 at 9:17 PM

If she would have named any paper, Couric would have then asked her to name a recent story that she read from that paper. It was a setup question in my opinion. I think she did well in this interview. And I think she’ll do well on Thursday.

spypeach on September 30, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Vilsack just said McCain was right in 2005.. On H&C.. All he could talk about was how repubs didnt get enough votes on this bill, lmao

stlpatriot on September 30, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Fallin’ in love . . .

doo dee doo dee doo . . .

All over again.

Obama had to spend a year to get this good.

Go Sarah!

Pavel on September 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM

I guess she was supposed to say, “Weekly Reader, grade 5 edition”

bloggless on September 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Slublog on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

You are very funny!

Cindy Munford on September 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM

JA on September 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Why did you feel it necessary to qualify yourself, all sorts of people here regularly rip on Palin, Mac or other Pubs without a second thought.

Sorry but you sound a little too scripted. Don’t tell me, your next post will be “I love Donald Reagan and I own a firearm gun.”

Bishop on September 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM

I can’t watch? Is it painful again?

lorien1973 on September 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Obama ads during O’reilly and Hannity.

artchick on September 30, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I thought she did fine!…I would have laughed if she said, i get my coffee, and click to drudge!,..like i do..

Bluestate_Blues on September 30, 2008 at 9:22 PM

No, not painful at all.

artchick on September 30, 2008 at 9:23 PM

JA on September 30, 2008 at 9:17 PM

JA…………. now why would anyone read “any newspapers or magazines” at all?

Seven Percent Solution on September 30, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Ditto. She should have named a few papers.

MrLynn on September 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Why? It was an condescending question to begin with. If she named a newspaper like the NY Times, she would probably continue her pop quiz on specific writers.

terryannonline on September 30, 2008 at 9:24 PM

terryannonline on September 30, 2008 at 9:24 PM

If that was the case, woulda been funny if she said “I love maureen dowd. I wonder – are all big city chicks that f****d up?”

lorien1973 on September 30, 2008 at 9:26 PM

She should have told Couric she didn’t read rags, the NYTs, in particular. And she never watched CBS or MSNBC. ::grin::

Sue on September 30, 2008 at 9:26 PM

I don’t read any newspapers either, why would I want to be subjected to whiny editorials when I can get better news online?

Bishop on September 30, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Ditto. She should have named a few papers.

I disagree. It’s absurd to think she couldn’t rattle off say, the NY Times or the WSJ, both of which she’d be criticized for. It’s obvious she saw a gotcha question and she wanted no part of it. Couric was being obtuse in pressing for it, as if the woman never reads a newspaper outside of her local one.

If she had named a newspaper, Katie would’ve asked her who her favorite columnist was. Then if she answered that, she’d want to know what it was about that columnist she liked about him. Katie just wants to be Keith Olbermann’s sweetheart.

Guster1 on September 30, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Palin seemed uneasy in the last interview, Couric seemed uneasy in this one. In fact, it appeared that Katie winced when Sarah went after the media about comparing Alaska to a foreign country. If this is the Sarah that shows up on Thursday nite, Hillary can start on planning for 2012, because McCain-Palin will win if Sarah acts like she did in this interview

ConservativePartyNow on September 30, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Katie wanted Sarah to tell her she read something vacuous like People and “O” and Family Circle. I guess Sarah, the hayseed from Alaska, was supposed to say she speed reads (like JFK) the NYT, WSJ, Financial Times, Economist, and the despicable rags, Time and Newsweek. I also think Katie will ding Sarah for the idea that gayness is a choice and that she wouldn’t wholeheartedly commit to anthropomorphic caused global warming. There are lots of places Katie could go. In all, I was encouraged that Sarah is more able to counter a follow up than she was before…as if Biden, much less Obamalinsky, is ever asked a follow up.

Besides Katie’s tasteless early morning cleavage, who did her facelift? Her eyes have looked funny (hmmmmm?) ever since she took those weeks off between Today and the Evening News. Who besides me would like to see a Katie facial close up split screen, side by side comparison, of before and after?

marybel on September 30, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Ditto

terryannonline on September 30, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Funny

lorien1973 on September 30, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Amadeus on September 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Just to get the DU/Huffpo/KOS crowd spinning like moronic tops, Palin should have said: “Newspapers,what are those?….Ahhhh just messin’ with ya, Chris, I mean Katy.”

Bishop on September 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Couric was trying to get Gov. Palin to say that she reads WorldNetDaily or FreeRepublic and gets her news from the 700 Club. For chrissakes, the woman has a degree in journalism! Ya think she might be reading just about everything most of us read every day???

rockmom on September 30, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Katie asked her the gotcha question I thought Ifill would about a kid being raped and wanting an abortion. You owe me royalties, Katie!

SouthernGent on September 30, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Sarah Palin: the most scrutinized person to ever run for office ever.
I hate the media.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2008 at 9:31 PM

SouthernGent on September 30, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Oh, rest assured, Ifill will still ask that question, probably the very first one. And then Joe Biden will get to pontificate about his Violence Against Women Act, which of course saved millions of women from being raped and then being forced to have evil babies by mean people like Sarah Palin. :rolleyes

rockmom on September 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM

Sarah should email Couric back an answer personally, just to be responsive…

ninjapirate on September 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM

ConservativePartyNow on September 30, 2008 at 9:28 PM

I felt the same way. That lovely little Sarah Sarcasm seemed succulent and sassy.

Amadeus on September 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM

Ken Blackwell on Hannity and Skeletor discussing Ohio’s register/vote in the same day sham.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Looks and sounds like McCain is finally allowing Sarah to be Sarah.

And, yeah, the newspaper question was stupid and irrelevant.

One’s worldview should not solely be shaped by magazines and newspapers.

The question was a set-up and Gov. Palin did what ALL politicians do when they sense a set-up – they AVOID the question and move on.

Religious_Zealot on September 30, 2008 at 9:34 PM

I think I finally figured out whay Katie Couric and the rest of the Feminists, Female MSM, and Female Democrats are so livid with Gov. Sarah Palin…………

“She’s really pissed-off because her period is all screwed up.”

……….. Sarah has set the time table.

Bbbbwwwwaaaahahahahahahahah…….. (I know, childish, but still fun.)

Seven Percent Solution on September 30, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Read through it and tell me what the media will lead with tomorrow.

Hmmm… can you give us a hint? I know it’s the media won’t be talking about what a condescending b**ch Couric was with each question. And not that we don’t know she’s a leftwing loon, but her personal feelings were pretty obvious during the abortion questions.

BTW, can you even imagine Couric asking Obama or Biden questions like these? I’ve never heard anyone ask – “Senator Obama, you claim to be a Christian, yet you support killing babies and you don’t believe in the creation story – please explain?” Or how about laying in to Pelosi and Biden who’ve decided to go over the Pope’s head to decide how Catholics should feel about abortion. I’m sure you’ll be right on that, right Katie?

I honestly don’t know what you mean though, Allah… it could be a number of things. Are they going to be going after her as a “global warming denier” because she wouldn’t be pinned down on the “man made” part?

RightWinged on September 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Can’t get the video working but what does it say that Couric thinks it newsworthy that long debunked issues such as she wants to teach creationism, still need to be addressed?

aikidoka on September 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM

COURIC: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this — to stay informed and to understand the world?

PALIN: I’ve read most of them again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media —

COURIC: But what ones specifically? I’m curious.

PALIN: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.

COURIC: Can you name any of them?

PALIN: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.

She cannot even name a single newspaper. What a gotcha question, putting poor Palin in a position like this. Who could expect a VP candidate to name a newspaper. It’s such a tough gotcha question. Shame on Katie Couric for interrogating poor Sarah like this!

philnewkirk on September 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Well JA & MrLynn where do you get your news. Really! I am dying to know! This sort of thing interests me. I used to get mine from the St. Louis Post, the WSJ, Barrons, ID and the internet. Now I get it fron the Arnold Leader and the internet.

Vince on September 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Dear Lord, Colmes is defending Alinsky tactics.

Sue on September 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM

There must be between 50 and 75 negative headlines on Yahoo Buzz! Most are from HuffPo and are being buzzed up so they are just about the only stories anyone sees.

Connie on September 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Liberal hacks like John Aravosis are already trying to push the “Rape Kits” meme in response to Palin on the morning after pill.

Never mind that Wasilla residents were charged for rape kits under her predecessor — a Democrat — and the law was on the books when Palin assumed that office.

So funny to watch the Obama-Left hungrily devour their own PDS discharge.

lansing quaker on September 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Palin talks gays, feminism, abortion, and evolution religion with Couric;

There. Fixed it. Glad I could help.

apacalyps on September 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM

She cannot would not even name a single newspaper.

FIFY

Religious_Zealot on September 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Oh, I think it should be taught as an accepted principle. And, as you know, I say that also as the daughter of a school teacher, a science teacher, who has really instilled in me a respect for science. It should be taught in our schools. And I won’t deny that I see the hand of God in this beautiful creation that is Earth. But that is not part of the state policy or a local curriculum in a school district. Science should be taught it science class.

Uh oh, maybe she’s not a Young Earth creationist after all! Matt Damon will be awfully disappointed.

Seixon on September 30, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Bishop on September 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Just clarifying because I rarely post on this site and did not want to give the impression that I’m hoping Obama wins.

JA on September 30, 2008 at 9:40 PM

philnewkirk on September 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM

It was a stupid question. I get my news from all over.

Connie on September 30, 2008 at 9:40 PM