Video: Saturday night with Sarah

posted at 12:40 pm on September 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

Irresistible, especially the very end. So appealing is her “ordinary gal” persona that she’s bound to be a factor in 2012 whatever happens this November if she can keep from turning herself into a national punchline. Can she? The latest from Kurtz, for what it’s worth, is that “the worst may be yet to come for Palin; sources say CBS has two more responses on tape that will likely prove embarrassing.” I’m where Moran is right now: I’d love to “free Sarah” or “unleash Palin” or whatever the current line is at NRO. Just tell me what it is we’re unleashing. What hidden store of knowledge is waiting to be tapped that hasn’t been yet?

As for McCain trying to clarify what she says in the clip about cross-border raids into Pakistan, it’s high time for him to knock off this dopey little game he’s playing with Obama about not telegraphing our moves. Everyone knows we’re already conducting those raids. Everyone knows we’ve sent drones over the border repeatedly to try to decapitate Al Qaeda. Persisting in this nonsense when his own running mate and George Bush agree with The One only lets Obama outhawk him, which isn’t something McCain can afford, needless to say. Exit question via Tapper: If Joe Biden’s rope-line comment about clean coal was fair game, why isn’t Palin’s chat with the cheesesteak crowd?

Update: A little more on that Kurtz scoop. And also from the “for what it’s worth” file, Marc Ambinder: “Gov. Sarah Palin has lost control of her public image, several top-level McCain advisers said this weekend, and even a baseline performance in Thursday’s debate with Joe Biden may be too late to recover it.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Roger Waters on September 29, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I guess you like Communists. Hey whatever… your Nation is falling faster then mine is. Eh!

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 1:36 PM

I hate to say it but maybe they are hiding her for a reason. I pray she is “sandbagging”. Thursday night her ship will either sink or sail! Either way, Bubba will still vote for the ticket.

luckybogey on September 29, 2008 at 1:37 PM

I think this wandering nonsense from someone who will be especially close to the Presidency will suffice. Let me know if you need more.

lexhamfox on September 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM

She didn’t say that FDR watched Russia from her state on TV in 1929. What is the point. She was asked a foriegn policy question about Russia and stated it’s importance to Alaskans isn’t lost due to it’s proximity. You can spin it into nonsense, but her answer made sense to me. More than the horsecrap that Bidens been running from his piehole.

hawkdriver on September 29, 2008 at 1:37 PM

There is no store of knowledge Allahpundit. It is not about knowledge. It is about letting Palin be herself. Remember that was a big critique against Hillary, the Hillary that is now even more popular. EvenI can admit she lost the inhuman coached veneer she once had in the latter days of her campaign.

Palin is being coached to give these crappy little patty cake answers to deflect criticism instead of letting her just answer the question. Having heard her speak it seems that she has natural inclination to be on offense. When asked about Alaska being the highest per capita in earmarks a good answer is “I cut earmarks in Alaska in half, period. I have cut Alaska budget and removed wasteful projects, period. Now I’d like you to compare my cutting expenses and earmarks to the top of the Democrat ticket on earmarks.” But it seems as if she is being coached out of giving these types of answers. She has to give these types of answrs right from the hip. The long plodding thought out answers can be easily edited to make her look bad as we saw with the Charlie Gibson interview, and she is letting her self be defined. Her interviewers are being aggressive, just look at Couric and Gibson’s body language. It is tough to give a good interview and be aggressive in return, not accepted the given premise within a question when you are coached to give a learned answer. Sarah’s body language is all wrong, she is just trying to remember what to say and not make a mistake, versus taking the interview head on. That is what people mena when they say “unleash.” Remember how effective Tony Snow was? He was always breaking down the assumed premise in the question. He was on offense. The McCain campaign should just roll the dice, and give Sarah the info she needs and let her go with her gut. She has the instincts to be a great debater.

Theworldisnotenough on September 29, 2008 at 1:37 PM

pugwriter on September 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Theworldisnotenough on September 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Let’s see.

More and more American and Canadian fighter jets are scrambling and intercepting Russian bombers flying off the Alaskan coast, exacerbating tensions between the former Cold War foes.

Do you think people in Texas and California know more about impacts of illegal immigration than people in Massachusetts and Maryland?

Geography matters.

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM

“Roger … aren’t YOU a Canadian? I can see why you don’t give a crap about anything… socialism in Toronto is rampant but at least you can keep you little belly full on others who work.

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 1:36 PM”

uh, last time I checked, I am an American. you are confused obviously

Roger Waters on September 29, 2008 at 1:40 PM

She did not lose control of her image. The press has put a lid on it

When she first appeared she was on a Princess Di wave. Princess Di does not have to do anything to be elected.

The press trembled and resolved to snuff out the fire

They have to let her out of the box sometime. May as well let the press help them and save the fireworks for the last minute. Last impressions count the most

The more the press passes rumors about Palin’s idiocy the more the public will rebound for Palin when she reappears

entagor on September 29, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Quizzing the Candidates – ABE GREENWALD
Sarah Palin’s perfectly fine interview with Charlie Gibson and her somewhat disastrous one with Katie Couric are being cited as evidence of the “frightening” nature of John McCain’s “irresponsible” pick. While critics pretend that John McCain pulled Palin’s name from a hat, it’s worth pointing out the uselessness of these quiz show-type interviews.

In 1999, Andy Hiller asked George W. Bush to name the leaders of Pakistan, India, Chechnya, and Taiwan. Bush was only able to give a partial answer on the Taiwan question, drawing complete blanks on all the others.

As a predictive measure this test was a big bust. Bush may have been familiar with President Lee Teng-hui, but such familiarity didn’t stop the U.S. from consistently failing, over the course of Bush’s presidency, to give Taiwan the proper support in its struggles with China. And after 9/11, it didn’t really matter what name came after the title President Gen. in Pakistan. Whoever it was, they were going to be pressed to help fight extremists and they would be sure to fail for fear of their lives. If there is a spot on the globe where the U.S. holds less sway than in Chechnya, I’m unaware of it. As an Islamist tangle subsumed by a Russian nightmare, Chechnya has simply been the recipient of vast American humanitarian aid for years. As for India, Bush’s policies in the subcontinent are nothing less than an unqualified success. Bilateral trade deals and energy deals have inspired unprecedented allegiance from this critical ally. Bush didn’t know Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s name, but Indians revere the name George W. Bush.

Nine years later, the question that still stumps me is: who exactly is Andy Hiller?

Anita on September 29, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Geography matters.

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM

And you don’t seem to know about it at all.

Military issue doesn’t say how many time that russian bombers were in American (Alaskan Air Space). How about 9 times last month. 5 this month.

Hmmmmm if Geography matters, why are you getting mad about someone who governs a state 1/3rd the size of the US and yet is doing relatively well still here.

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 1:36 PM

You might have him confused with Dave Rywall. IIRC, he’s Canadian. Though, I may be confused on that as well.

JadeNYU on September 29, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Why would CBS hold two more responses…what are they waiting for?

tomas on September 29, 2008 at 1:44 PM

uh, last time I checked, I am an American. you are confused obviously

Roger Waters on September 29, 2008 at 1:40 PM

That is ok Roger. You still want a socialist government. Move along now.

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Why would CBS hold two more responses…what are they waiting for?

tomas on September 29, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Dan Rather analysis.

Limerick on September 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM

JadeNYU on September 29, 2008 at 1:44 PM

I may but the sure sound the same, don’t they?

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Palin might not be qualified to be VP but Obama definitely isn’t qualified to be POTUS. The only reason he got this far is because he was the only black guy in a white as snow field and Wright didn’t come out until Hillary had beclowned herself too much.

Speedwagon82 on September 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM

upinak, did someone hi-jack your login? I have not been criticizing Palin.

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM

“tomas on September 29, 2008 at 1:44 PM”

the chance to inflict maximum damage …

/duh!

Buckaroo on September 29, 2008 at 1:46 PM

You hear Palin’s little soundbite hear but you never hear the other side. You people are ridiculous by minutely picking her a part and doing exactly what the MSM wants. The more you hone in on it the more they’ll give you. Why not start creating some nice sock puppetty YouTube videos of Joe Biden and Obama gaffs and spread them all over the place rather than wasting you and my time on this BS. Sultry Beauty on September 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Right on Sultry. The two biggest gaffes in this campaign are Obama wanting to concede Iraq to Al Qaeda and Iran and Biden wanting to partition Iraq, which would have caused a civil war.

Compared with those two gaffes – which are positions arrived at after deliberation and not off the cuff remarks- every other alleged gaffe is a trifle.

Basilsbest on September 29, 2008 at 1:48 PM

people forget that in ashooting war the Russians will take out the north slope and the pipeline. alsaka will be one of thge first attacks. That matters. Aslo if you neighbor two countries as Gov you must understand trade and treaty limits. You must work with the forgeign government to allow cross border travel etc. Many wars have started for less.

unseen on September 29, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Just two points then off to work…

1. Allah’s posts: This isn’t HotCheerleader, it is HotAir. Echo chambers can be found elsewhere.

2. Thursday night will answer if McCain picked right or wrong. Seems that both sides fear the answer.

Later!

Limerick on September 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM

If you haven’t met her then WTF can you say about her?
upinak on September 29, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Wait, what? Am I understanding this correctly?
Because you basically just said you can’t say anything about Obama, either. Unless of course you’ve met him, too.

SouthernDem on September 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM

dow down 500pts. Looks like our $700billion paying huge returns already….can you say financial blackmail from the markets. They are telling the gov if you don’t pass this bill we will burn down our own house. I equate what is happening in the markets today to the watts riots of the 60′s.

unseen on September 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM

upinak,
I see where you got confused. I should have quoted the post to which I was responding. Bear with me.

Please support this statement with something other than polls or punditry. What has the Governor of Alaska done that demonstrates she is not articulate enough about policy to be vice president under McCain?

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM

How about this during a major interview (her own words):

When asked how living in the state closest to Russia gave her foreign-policy experience, Palin responded thus:

“It’s very important when you consider even national-security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America. Where–where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to–to our state.”

lexhamfox on September 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM

And I responded to our astroturfer with a link from a military blog supporting Governor Palin’s point, ie: that proximity to Russia does matter.

Let’s see.

Geography matters.

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM

My point about illegal immigration is that, having lived in all 4 states I mentioned, I know from experience that my perspective about illegal immigration was enlightened by living in Texas and California.

Sorry for the confusing post. This is what happens on astroturfed threads. The McCain-Palin supporters spend so much time fending off dem talking points that things can get quickly muddled.

Cheers,

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Just two points then off to work…

Limerick,

Just don’t make too much money or yO!u-knO!w-whoO! will have to “redistribute” it for you.

AMEN!

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Obama on O’Reilly:

O’REILLY: But I still don’t understand — and I’m asking this as an American as well as a journalist — how threatening you feel Iran is? Look, if Iran gets a nuclear weapon, OK, to me, they’re going to give it to Hezbollah if they can develop the technology. Why not? And they’ll say, “Well, we didn’t have anything to do with it.”

So therefore,

the next president of the United States is going to have to make a decision about Iran, whether to stop them militarily,

because I don’t believe — if diplomacy works, fine, but you’ve got to have a Plan B, and a lot of people say, “Look, Barack Obama is not going to attack Iran.”

OBAMA: Here’s where you and I agree. It is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon. It would be a game changer, and I’ve said that repeatedly. I’ve also said I would never take a military option off the table.

O’REILLY: But would you prepare for one?

OBAMA: Well, listen…

O’REILLY: That’s the question though, senator. Anybody can say option. Would you prepare for it?

OBAMA: Look, it is not appropriate for somebody who is one of two people who can be the president of the United States to start tipping their hand in terms of what their plans might be with respect to Iran. It’s sufficient to say I would not take the military option off the table and that I will never hesitate to use our military force in order to protect the homeland and United States’ interests.
=====

See? Obama understands how important it is not to tip your hand when it comes to attacking our…enemies. Our allies? Not so much.

MayBee on September 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM

You guys need to calm down and think about this from a military mindset. Remember how bummed we were when McCain made the congratulatory commercial on Aug 28 for Obama’s “historic achievement”? 12 hours later discussion of Obama’s big was nowhere to be found. McCain is a NAVAL aviator, the son of an Admiral and the grandson of an Admiral. He may be a bum on immigration but he is very smart. Sure, he was near the end of his class at Annapolis but you don’t get into the Academy unless you are smart plus he was a party animal. Instead of being so down go look up the greatest Naval battle in US history – Midway. See how it was fought. Our 2 carriers vs their 6. Then get some popcorn, some metamucil for those with weak stomachs, and get ready to enjoy Thursday’s debate. For you landlubbers lok up the Soviet tactics at Kursk.

bill30097 on September 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM

The media would be going hammer and tong at anyone McCain picked. I think the campaign has mishandled her in the face of that, but the media were determined to render to Obama his 10-15 percent. They see that as their job.

I love Romney to pieces but if they’d picked him we’d still be on the houses thing. If it had been Pawlenty? The bridge collapse (facts notwithstanding).

My frustration is that I’ve seen her do a good job in debates with other skilled politicians. It’s like the pod people got to her.

I’m still voting for McCain, of course, but criticism where it’s due.

DrSteve on September 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM

bailout going down to defeat. 207 for not enough votes.

unseen on September 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM

We’re letting the MSM spook us. We knew that they would do everything they could to destroy Palin; Rush has been saying it for weeks. I take heart from that story a few weeks ago about people in a small town basically calling out the reporters that follow McCain around and telling them to “be fair”. They can see the bias.
We should be more aggressive at defending our flubs and calling out their MSM for the free pass they’re giving the Obama/Biden team.

Fortunata on September 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM

“I’m not making this up dude”
LOL almost in tears.

maynila on September 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM

So the fact that I am a Palin support makes this any different?

Give me a break. I told everyone that she was going to be the VP pick and I got the “yeah right, she doesn’t have any of this or that” and guess what I was right. I knew that She was going to get attack from tasergate.. and I was right about that. I am predicting that she is going to kick Biden ass… trust me.

I guess that being an Alaskan (as is Sarah) makes me about as dumb as the liberals are calling the hicks in the south, but yet I haven’t been wrong yet.

If you don’t live in my State, ask instead of assume. It absolutely irks the hell out of me that people think they know anything… and then they are proved wrong.

ugh!

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Guy on the phone: “Dude, Im not making this up, Dude!”

That was great.

See? All we have to do is figure out a way to clone Palin a couple of million times and have her mix with the peeps at diners across America and we’ve got this thing won, Dude…

CliffHanger on September 29, 2008 at 2:08 PM

upinak on September 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM

I’m not criticizing you. I was just trying to clarify that my post linking to the military blog was meant to support Governor Palin’s point about Russia’s proximity to Alaska.

I have been a consistent supporter of Gov. Palin. I posted on HotAir prior to her pick in support of her and continue to believe she was the best pick McCain could have made. My esteem for McCain rose considerably when he chose Gov. Palin as I interpret the choice as having been made out of strength, not out of weakness (unlike Obama’s choice of Biden). I’m very happy Palin is on the ticket.

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Wow…I can’t believe people are falling for this shtick.

philnewkirk on September 29, 2008 at 2:26 PM

GREAT video. McCain should do a campaign with her where she jumps from appearance to appearance with voters along with prepared speeches at rallies. The whole campaign can have a lot of fun keeping her one-step ahead of the elitest MSM. It could be SO different, but McCain has no imagination and neither do the people on his campaign.

The problem is that McCain and his people are OUT OF TOUCH with the voters.

I hope she can bounce back and save herself for the years to come because she is such a good person.

Sapwolf on September 29, 2008 at 2:30 PM

The problem is that McCain and his people are OUT OF TOUCH with the voters.

Sapwolf on September 29, 2008 at 2:30 PM

McCain was in touch enough with the voters to pick Palin. That really showed me a lot about McCain’s character. He just needs to capitalize on her assets by trumping her expertise and accomplishments on energy, reform, and government spending.

I think that his campaign has had its high points and its low points. They certainly have been quicker off the mark with solid body blows to Obama and Biden through their internet ads, but they are hamstrung by McCain’s desire to work to find a bipartisan solution to the current financial crisis.

I agree with Fortunata — the media is trying to spook us. In reality, Palin has done McCain’s campaign a lot of good and very little damage. When contrasted to Biden’s performance, I’d say Palin has been a terrific VP pick.

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Just two points then off to work…

1. It’s not HotPileOnPalinAgainBecauseIWantToBeOneOfTheCoolKids, either.
2. She’ll never have a chance. The usual suspects and this site, have predetermined it.

Blake on September 29, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Limerick on September 29, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Exactly. It will be interesting to see if all of the Palin supporters will still be in lock-step behind her if she fails miserably.

Conversely, if she trounces Biden, it will be even more interesting to hear what the other side has to say says to spin.

Although, if I was a betting man, I would put my money on Biden…

thePajamaPundit on September 29, 2008 at 2:46 PM

The McCain people must be working with the Bush “communications” people.

The might as well be working with the DNC’s people.

I’ve talked to one of these guys. They think that being calm and moderate is the key.

Sure it is. It’s the key to losing elections to lying Democrats. Who get away with saying anything that comes to their fevered, drug addled brains.

Without so much as a response or an acknowledgement.

Unbelievable. We’re now going to be saddled with the corrupt idiots who caused all of our problems, with huge majorities in both bodies of Congress along with a corrupt and unqualified windbag pacifist/Marxist Democrat President.

NoDonkey on September 29, 2008 at 2:52 PM

I don’t consider myself to be in lock-step behind either Palin or McCain. How I judge her performance in the debate depends on the definition of “fails miserably.”

I am expecting that the questions will be loaded to Biden’s favor (ie: I doubt there will be any questions for him about clean coal or FDR) and that Biden will be more conversant in what is happening on Capitol Hill right now. I also expect Biden to lie through his teeth whenever it is convenient for him to do so.

If there are questions about reducing government waste, rooting out corruption, working in a bipartisan way, and domestic energy, I expect Palin to do well on those.

For Palin to fail miserably in my eyes, she’d have to contradict her presidential nominee on major issues, misstate history for her own twisted purposes, and adopt a condescending attitude toward her opponent.

Oh wait, that’s Biden.

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 2:58 PM

This sort of thing used to happen in the Reagan administration all the time. Reagan would make some minor mistake, and all of a sudden we’d get treated to off-the-record remarks from anonymous people all over the media about how it wasn’t their fault their guy was so stupid.

Washington apparently knows nothing about loyalty. Plenty about gossip and leaking, though!

tom on September 29, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Although, if I was a betting man, I would put my money on Biden…

Hey, it’s your dough.

Jim Treacher on September 29, 2008 at 3:08 PM

She is probably a good person and has maybe done a good job in Alaska but she wasnt ready. Fault McCain. He sucks.

Roger Waters on September 29, 2008 at 1:33 PM

SPOT ON! Palin is what she is….and that is NOT ready to be a heartbeat away from the highest and toughest job in the land!

Shelby on September 29, 2008 at 5:15 PM

I bet she didn’t ask for Swiss cheese on her cheesesteak, a la Kerry

ToddonCapeCod on September 29, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Palin has shown us over and over again that she is NOT READY FOR ONE OF THE HIGHEST JOBS IN THE LAND! It is utterly absurd that someone such as Sarah, with bad grammar and substandard speaking abilities, combined with little foreign policy and economic knowledge, is on the GOP ticket!!!

If McCain wanted to shake things up by putting a woman on the ticket, why not choose someone such as Kay Bailey Hutchison, whom has extensive experience as the senior senator from Texas and has been a BANK EXECUTIVE AND SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS WOMAN?!!! HUTCHISON EVEN SERVED AS THE TEXAS STATE TREASURER, WHICH WOULD HAVE GIVEN HER INVALUABLE KNOWLEDGE DURING THESE TOUGH ECONOMIC TIMES!

And according to Widipedia, Hutinson was named one of “The 30 most powerful women in America” by Ladies Home Journal in 2001.

With the economy being the top issue for voters this year, Hutchison or Mitt Romney would have brought a great deal of experience to the ticket, thus assuring voters that the ticket was solid with McCain strong on foreign policy and his running mate very strong on the economy.

Additionally, neither Hutchinson nor Romney has any skeletons in their closets and both have great families, as well as OUTSTANDING FAMILY VALUES, WHICH ARE SUPPOSEDLY IMPORTANT TO CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVES!

McCain’s choice of Palin, whom he hardly knew, rather than choosing one of the much more qualified candidates, is a display of his judgment–which STINKS BIG TIME! I wish he was not so into pretty young women!

Shelby on September 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Shelby on September 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM

What does Governor Palin’s gender have to do with anything?

Honestly, I can’t understand why sexist comments about Governor Palin are permitted on these threads when racist comments are consistently (and appropriately) slapped down.

Y-not on September 29, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Shelby on September 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Go away troll… Neither Romney or Hutchinson was going to help McCain win the election.

Illinidiva on September 29, 2008 at 5:35 PM

“And your name…?”

Tzetzes on September 29, 2008 at 5:46 PM

God she’s adorable. Hope she doesn’t crash and burn on Thursday.

Baphomet on September 29, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Never has the opposing party attacked the vice pres candidate like they have Sarah. Why? Because they have unvestigated her until they are blue in the face. Didn’t find a thing. So they say she is low class, hill billy, etc. Didn’t go to the right schools–hasn’t even been on Meet the Press. Again why all the attacks against someone they say will self destruct?

Answer: They are scared to death of SARAH! She has energized a whole political party and breathed life into it———GO SARAH!!!

Herb on September 29, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Governor Palin has well demonstrated in her private and public careers, her ability to lead and to administer. To the best of my knowledge, she has also displayed her respect for the principles vested in the constitution of these United States, in her restraint and refusal to inject her personal religious beliefs into legislation or mandate. Governor Palin has the vote of this American non-theist. And from what I have seen to date, I would prefer that she was heading the ticket.

Rigel on September 29, 2008 at 6:27 PM

“Dude, I’m not making this up, dude!”

Lol! That’s awesome.

nickj116 on September 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM

philnewkirk,

Cynical and Jaded against human nature are we?

Egfrow on September 29, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Just imagine how much the world will love us if Sarah is the vp. And that’s what’s important, right? That the world loves us?

tlynch001 on September 29, 2008 at 10:41 PM

She’s awesome. Let’s get her in there. She’s NOT one of them.

Metro on September 30, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Just tell me what it is we’re unleashing.

Unfailing political instincts.

Sarah sometimes uses football analogies, so I’ll try one: Imagine a QB who has great success throwing the ball all over the field, running at will, and generally being an exciting, winning player. Now imagine that QB being put in a system where they’re told to hand the ball off 50 times per game, not to throw anything but safe, short passes, and to stay in the pocket and never run.

The 4th quarter of this election is just starting. There’s still time for the Mavericks to open up the offense and win this thing.

Mr. Wednesday Night on September 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM

Shelby on September 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Lots of SCREAMING CAPITALS, lots of bold, lots of SCREAMING CAPITALS IN BOLD. I’d say your post makes the case for how shrill Palin opponents can be.

BTW, in case you missed it, governor trumps state treasurer.

theregoestheneighborhood on September 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM

philnewkirk,

Cynical and Jaded against human nature are we?

Egfrow on September 29, 2008 at 7:53 PM

No, I love humor, I was ripping on people who are falling for Sarah Palin’s “ordinary gal” narrative as if it’s some kind of credit to her qualification for being a heartbeat away.

philnewkirk on September 30, 2008 at 2:23 AM

One of the best MSM slammers against Sarah I found is this trash from New Yorker (quoted here):

“She is supremely self-confident, in the way of someone who believes that there is nothing she can’t talk her way into, or out of, or around or through. There was never a hesitation before speaking, or between phrases, no time for thought or reflection. The words kept coming—engaging, lulling, distracting—a commanding flow, but without weight.”

So, Sarah is eloquent and speaks fluently without faltering and this guys finds it light and without content. When Obama stutters and cannot for the life of him complete a sentence without a teleprompter, he is praised as ” thoughtful” and “contemplative” guy. What a joke!

promachus on September 30, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Lost control of her image with this kind of TV? That was awesome.

promachus on September 30, 2008 at 2:52 AM

I watched this video like 5 times. It’s absolutely fantastic! I eat at Tony Lukes all the time. I can see why see so charming in person.

Egfrow on September 30, 2008 at 5:16 AM

Allah is actually one of the betas that inundate the world today. Two choices : ignore him – not reccommended; pay attention to his views as they represent the vast hords of betas out there.

Fuquay Steve on September 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM