Rezko to start singing?

posted at 12:17 pm on September 28, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Tony Rezko has apparently seen enough of prison and wants to cut a deal, according to the Chicago Tribune.  Federal prosecutors have begun meeting with Rezko and getting information, according to at least one defense attorney connected to other defendants in the case.  This sounds like bad news for the Chicago Machine and Governor Rod Blagojevich:

Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a convicted influence peddler who was once one of Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s most trusted confidants, has met with federal prosecutors and is considering cooperating in the corruption probe of the governor’s administration, sources told the Tribune.

Rezko’s possible change of heart—after years of steadfast refusal—has sent ripples through a tight circle of prominent defense attorneys who represent dozens of potential witnesses and targets in the wide-ranging probe.

His cooperation would give prosecutors investigating the governor and his wife access to someone they have described as an ultimate political insider at the center of a pervasive pay-to-play scheme.

Rezko’s sentencing hearing comes in October.  If he wants to cut a deal, he’ll need to make it before then, and he had better come up with enough to keep the feds interested.  Patrick Fitzgerald has been investigating Chicago politics for several years, and he will want a lot of scalps before allowing Rezko to see daylight again.

This probably puts Blagojevich on the hot seat first.  Rezko’s trial unearthed at least one potential corruption event directly involving the governor, and he may have much more to tell Fitzgerald.  Obviously, Fitzgerald would love to nail Blagojevich and his involvement in corruption, but something tells me he’s aiming more for Richard Daley.  Blagojevich would make a handy intermediate stop to this ultimate destination, and potentially a good witness against Daley if Rezko can deliver him.

Will this affect Barack Obama?  Maybe, maybe not.  While Obama was neck-deep in the Chicago machine, his role as a legislator probably kept him from getting too entangled in the cronyism and corruption that Rezko ran.  Obama would not have the direct power to reward corruption that Daley and Blagojevich had, and would have served better as window dressing, a reformist that could distract attention from the real rot in the public system.

Of course, we won’t know what tunes Rezko can sing once he starts.

Comments

If true, Tony needs to stay out of the showers and the yard lest he experience some sort of unfortunate accident before his interviews are completed. There is a lot on the line for one of Tony’s former friends the first week of Nov.

BrianBoru on September 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM

I cn has encrimmenateing conpheesun?

VolMagic on September 28, 2008 at 12:22 PM

October Surprise?

HornetSting on September 28, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Plenty of NoI to make him “see the truth”…

sven10077 on September 28, 2008 at 12:23 PM

He’ll protect Obama all the way. Why? Because as President Obama can give him a pardon.

Webrider on September 28, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Too late and not enough.
Obama will skate to Pennsylvania Ave.
The United States as we know them are done.

Calm Before the Storm on September 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Popcorn popping right now!

dustoffmom on September 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM

He may not need that pardon….

Little Boomer on September 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Three words:

Dead man walking

CC

CapedConservative on September 28, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Of course, we won’t know what tunes Rezko can sing once he starts.

We sure do…and the words Barack Hussein Obama will be conspicuously absent from the libretto.

ManlyRash on September 28, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Webrider on September 28, 2008 at 12:23 PM

So Rezko might have to do at least four or five more years in the Big House.

Wethal on September 28, 2008 at 12:28 PM

BrianBoru on September 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM

That`s the Chicago way!

Even better if you could hear my Sean Connery. :)

ThePrez on September 28, 2008 at 12:29 PM

The United States as we know them are done. – Calm Before the Storm on September 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Not quite yet…at least until after Nov 4. If McCain is elected we have a fighting chance – barely – although I suspect his presidency will only forestall the inevitable.

If Obama is elected, then yes, we are finished as a republic.

ManlyRash on September 28, 2008 at 12:29 PM

God I hope it’s true!

4shoes on September 28, 2008 at 12:29 PM

That Rezko spills that is….!

4shoes on September 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM

So, it’s possible Tony Rezko may be willing to fight Barry O. more than our own candidate? Awesome.

Editor on September 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Just having this guy in the news again is bad news for Obama.

I’m sure the national media will do all they can to avoid talking about it, but it will do some damage to team Obama even if there are no new revelations involving BO.

“Oh yeah, Rezko. didn’t Obama have some shady deals with that guy” You know, that kind of thing.

forest on September 28, 2008 at 12:31 PM

I’m done buying into the “Country First” meme. There’s no fight in McCain. He’s starting to look like Bob Dole – full of sleep.

Yeah, yeah – you’re going to tell me to wait until a deal is done (voted on), but I’m not going to. I’m pissed at our candidate and his “bipartisan” bulls**t.

Editor on September 28, 2008 at 12:32 PM

I saw this the other day at Free Republic but am glad to see confirmation here. Fitzgerald might be motivated to show he’s an equal opportunity muckraker. I wonder if Andrew McCarthy at The Corner is still in touch with his erstwhile friend.

I just had a scary thought. Saint Fitzmas is the kind of “reformer” McCain might want as Attorney General.

Terrie on September 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM

“But possibly not until Obama’s second term. That’s when Clinton pardons went up for sale. No risk of them being a campaign issue.

So Rezko might have to do at least four or five more years in the Big House.

Wethal on September 28, 2008 at 12:28 PM”

Actually, I doubt he can wait until a second term. Rezko, if this article is to believed, doesn’t like being in prison and would threaten Obama with all the details. Short of having someone take him out in prison (while not likely, certainly possible), Rezko can start singing about Obama’s ties and cut a deal to get out early. I’d say that Obama has no choice but to pardon him at the earliest available opportunity to keep it from coming out.

Webrider on September 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Too late and not enough.
Obama will skate to Pennsylvania Ave.
The United States as we know them are done.

Calm Before the Storm on September 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I think you’re correct, so drag out your Obama flag and resign yourself to the fact that the United States of America is no more. This once proud nation will soon be a Marxist/socialist country void of free enterprise and capitalism. The left has won because of stupid, cowardly people that want government to be their nanny.

rplat on September 28, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Time for the MSM to go into full CYA COA mode and rehash some old Tom DeLay stories.

whitetop on September 28, 2008 at 12:39 PM

“Rumor” – Obama now up by 8, from up by 5, in Gallup???

KentAllard on September 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Terrie on September 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM

I don’t know if I’d want Fitzmas as AG (I’d prefer Rudy), but I can see how he might want to get some big scalps just for the satisfaction. He wanted to land some big fish with the Plame investigation, but all he got was one secondary-level person.

Wethal on September 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Oy vay, Obama, not the October surprise you’re looking for.

eaglewingz08 on September 28, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Look for Tony Rezko to meet a mysterious demise

ToddonCapeCod on September 28, 2008 at 12:51 PM

It’s gonna get crowded under Tony Rezko bus.

Bicyea on September 28, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Nice he is talking but I don’t see how this will have anything to do with the election. At the pace government works the lawyers will still be negotiating about the color of the interrogation lights on November 4th.

Limerick on September 28, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Rezko to start singing?

We’ll see.

Zorro on September 28, 2008 at 12:52 PM

What makes you think that Fitzgerald will do anything to harm Obama’s chances?

Vince on September 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Hey Ed! Legal question. Can I purchase a life insurance policy on Tony? Especially like a double endemnity clause for “accidental death”. I figure I can pay monthly on a $5 million policy.

GarandFan on September 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM

rplat on September 28, 2008 at 12:36 PM

That old Tree of Liberty is looking mighty thirsty…

ManlyRash on September 28, 2008 at 1:01 PM

If he cuts a deal with Fitzgerald, he won’t need the pardon.
If he has stuff on Obama, this will grant Rezko a deal that might not make him go to prison.
Fitzgerald could care less if he dooms Obama. He wants the name recognition, like almost all lawyers do of taking down a corrupt politician. I am sure Obama is knee deep in this stuff.

jencab on September 28, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Rezko can sing all he wants. The MSM will see to it that his song is never heard.

rbj on September 28, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Rezko has to sing loud and long and quickly.
He does not want to go to prison, he will not survive long enough for a pardon from Obama. Too many politicians want to keep him quiet.
But my guess is that Rezko does not have enough solid info to hurt anyone much. If so, there would have been more dug up on the Obama-Rezko connection.
——–

Plus what does Michelle know about the Daley-Rezko workings? Didn’t she work on the staff of Mayor Daley (An Assistant to the Mayor, and as Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development – Rezko territory)?

albill on September 28, 2008 at 1:03 PM

What makes you think that Fitzgerald will do anything to harm Obama’s chances?

Vince on September 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Fitzgerald has been going after crooked Illinois pols for some time now. If he exempted Obama, it could backfire and look like favoritism.

It depends on Fitzgerald’s career plans. He’ll never get a federal judgeship from the GOP: if he goes after the Daley machine, he can kiss a Dem judgeship goodbye. If he plans a big career in white collar defense someday, he can earn a fatter salary the bigger the fish he hooked.

Wethal on September 28, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Editor on September 28, 2008 at 12:32 PM

I feel you (and Rush Limbaugh) knowing that he’s too old to change.

This is not the thread to discuss this, but I believe our saving grace is the fact that the Repubs have demonstrated a lot of backbone and we simply will have to voice out support loud and clear (phones/faxes), on a daily basis!!

Mcguyver on September 28, 2008 at 1:06 PM

jencab,

While I agree with some of the sentiments you’re espousing, the reality is that Fitzpatrick won’t have enough time to extract the really powerful dirt until after the election, unless Rezko offers that up first. Typically, both sides play this close to the vest, saving their trump cards for desperation moves. That alone will prevent it from being available before November 4th. Fitzpatrick may seem like a “white knight” at times, but he’s as ruthlessly political as any lawyer and will NOT dare take on Obama with weak evidence. That wouldn’t destroy Obama’s election chances, and Fitzpatrick would be terrified of having an elected President looking at him after trying (and failing) to stop his freight train of a campaign. Rudy, if here were running it? Well, I’d say that would be a different story. Rudy would run out damage to Obama early and often, damn the torpedoes and full speed aheaad.

Webrider on September 28, 2008 at 1:07 PM

“Rumor” – Obama now up by 8, from up by 5, in Gallup???

KentAllard on September 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM

KentAllard on September 28, 2008 at 1:07 PM

After Fitzgerald’s show trial in the Valerie Plame case, if he can do a good job here, kick ass, and name names, maybe I can respect him as a litigator again!

Seixon on September 28, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Ugh, make that Fitzgerald! PATRICK Fitzgerald. I shouldn’t be typing before I’ve had my full caffeine overload in the morning!

Webrider on September 28, 2008 at 1:08 PM

GarandFan @ 12:58PM

Nope! You have to have an insurable interest. Are you in business with him! Is he your Daddy, brother, son, grandpa…?

Vince on September 28, 2008 at 1:09 PM

He’s going to have to sing mighty fast to make any impact before 11/04, I am not counting on it.

Cindy Munford on September 28, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I’m not buying into the polls. They’re just not making sense this year.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Will this affect Barack Obama?

Does a bear shlt at the Waldorf Astoria?

fogw on September 28, 2008 at 1:22 PM

October surprise?

Philly on September 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Someone tell me something before I go watch football. Why can I watch Pro-Obama/Biden comments roll one after the CNN/MSNBC and other sites while mine remains “In Moderation” until the “Comments have been closed for this article” banner go up.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2008 at 1:29 PM

“one after the other on”

hawkdriver on September 28, 2008 at 1:30 PM

There is no way he will rat on Obama. NO WAY. And the pansy like way we have been acting lately, I do not see us drawing a very lovely picture for the American people to see just how connected THE ONE is to “the Chicago way”.

freeus on September 28, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Seixon on September 28, 2008 at 1:08 PM

he doesnt deserve respect, he should be disbarred. he ruined a good man’s career just to further his own. on day one he knew who the leaker was. his job should have just been cleanup to make sure that was the leaker and not just someone falling on his sword. instead he started a witch hunt to try and get a big juicy name in the admin. he practices the same type of law as nifong and shouldnt be an attorney at any level.

chasdal on September 28, 2008 at 1:41 PM

hawkdriver on September 28, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Try avoiding using words like truth and honesty in your posts and never mention phrases like ‘I love my country” or “I need more ammo”.

These are words and catch phrases associated with enemies of the socialist state and will get you bumped quicker than a woman wearing a burka at an Obama rally.

fogw on September 28, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I’m not buying into the polls. They’re just not making sense this year.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I agree, the polls aren’t making sense. In fact if you look at the exit polls from the primaries they were almost always wrong so I’m not putting a lot of stock in any of the polls I see.

Polls are easily manipulated much like statistics, if I want them to come out a certain way (e.g., pro Obama) then I’d poll people in blue state areas, etc. It seems to me the MSM is playing up these questionable polls in an effort to discourage the right in the hopes they (the right) will not turn out to vote in high numbers.

I think (or I should say hope) that people will be surprised come Nov 4th to see McCain win by a large margin as the polls have mostly been wrong throughout the primaries and therefore it wouldn’t surprise me to see this trend continue, e.g., the actual results being completely opposite of what the polls are saying.

Liberty or Death on September 28, 2008 at 1:58 PM

fogw on September 28, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Excellent observation! lol

becki51758 on September 28, 2008 at 1:58 PM

I hear that soon the Chicago river will soon be stocked with large-mouth bass that resemble Tony Rezko.

Talon on September 28, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Vedy Vedy,interesting,little Tony Rezco chickens
comin home to roost!

canopfor on September 28, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Three words:

Dead man walking

CC

CapedConservative on September 28, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Exactly. For a recent exmaple, Google the name “Logan Young”.

AubieJon on September 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM

“example”. Fixed.

AubieJon on September 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM

He won’t do anything. All he has to do is wait for Axelrod’s boy to win and pardon him.

SouthernGent on September 28, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Too late and not enough.
Obama will skate to Pennsylvania Ave.
The United States as we know them are done.

I’m afraid so. The MSM will got their way.
Rezco will only sing loud enough to get a better sentencing deal.
What is sad about where we are headed is it will actually pay more to be poor.
Michelle’s fable was spot on. Ants everywhere are going to shut down, go underground.

FireBlogger on September 28, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Wasn’t Gov. Blagojevich indicted by the Feds last week? I seem to remember a report of this event.

Rezko might have calculated that Obama is unlikely to win in November. The last 30 days have not been good to Obama. The polls seem to show Obama ahead, and there seems to be spin involved in these numbers. Obama’s not ahead by the amount that usually indicates a win.

Further, with enough problems around Obama, convictions, indictments, astyroturfing allegations and racist / terrorist / whack-job friends, even if nothing attaches to Obama, a lot of undecided voters will have trouble voting for someone who lives in such a dirty world.

Perhaps this is why Rezko’s starting to sing; both men have lots of valuable information, and the Feds will reward whomever delivers first. An immediate pardon by Obama seems unlikely; it will cripple Obama’s ability to deal with (a now plausibly-more-ethical) Congress.

I think that Rezko realizes that he’s going to have to do some time, no matter what happens, and guaranteed time at Club Fed is a better choice than any state of federal prison.

Arbalest on September 28, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I predict Rezko sings, a thorough investigation ensues and it is found that BO is really the most far left voting senator in Congress who, along with many other odd and strangely dangerous habits, belonged to a black Marxist church in Chicago.

Benjamin9 on September 28, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Water board the rotten, thieving crook. If the toon he sings is big and loud enough, it could spell the end of Chicago corruption, including OBlowme Soetoro!

byteshredder on September 28, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Will this affect Barack Obama?

Not as long as there is any chance of a full pardon.

DannoJyd on September 28, 2008 at 3:04 PM

I think Fizgerald will be satisfied to have the scalps of Blagojevich and/or Daley. IMO it’s wishful thinking that this will hit Obama in a way that will break through the MSM and actually affect those who are still undecided.

Though it is interesting that this comes out after an earlier report where investigators said they believe they have enough to indict Blagojevich, though of coures it’s not their decision to do so.

aikidoka on September 28, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Benjamin9 on September 28, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Whatever you do, don’t quit your day job to become a professional psychic.

ManlyRash on September 28, 2008 at 3:40 PM

I don’t think any of this can hurt Obama. He is teflon like nothing we’ve ever seen. We have a population that largely votes on whether they “like” someone. They “like” him. They think he’s a “good speaker”. That’s all they seem to care about. Anything that is the slightest bit complicated will not resonate with the public.

I think Republicans ought to make ads about his “Truth Squads”, and his relationship to Ayers, Wright, and ACORN. Simple stuff, easy for people to digest. Show his corruption, but don’t make it over people’s heads.

The average American seems to have the attention span of a gnat.

capitalist piglet on September 28, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Doesn’t matter…if he sings the old media will not report it.

JIMV on September 28, 2008 at 3:54 PM

It seems to me that to many of his fans, because he’s the first Black nominee for President, he can do no wrong.

jgapinoy on September 28, 2008 at 4:16 PM

We must water the Tree of Liberty, lest it wither completely and perish from the earth.

For my part, I believe that day is approaching. My judgment approves of what must be done and my whole heart is in it. All that I have, all that I am and all that I hope in this life I am now ready to stake upon it.

ManlyRash on September 28, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Liberty or Death on September 28, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Unless the Bradley Effect is a lot bigger than the growing gap in the polls, it looks like the tide is swinging toward Obambi. The ‘debate’ didn’t help; Obambi looked tall and reassuring to people on the fence, who don’t pay close attention to the details; McCain looked old and old-hat, talking mostly about the past.

If Sen. McCain would stand up and forcefully defend the Global War on (Islamic) Terror and the President who has prosecuted it, he might be able to blast the scales from the eyes of the public, who have been dulled by the constant left-mainstream mantra about “George Bush’s War” and what a dreadful mistake it was.

It wasn’t a mistake, and if McCain is afraid to say so, he is revealed as little more than an opportunistic weasel, no better than the rest. The result: “Might as well have a fresh face in the White House.”

Boy, do I wish we had a better candidate!

MrLynn on September 28, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Too late and not enough.
Obama will skate to Pennsylvania Ave.
The United States as we know them are done.

This is the type of defeatist attitude that is going to insure B.O. is going to get to the White House, so knock it off!

There is still plenty of time to derail the B.O. Express. as long as enough folk get involved.

pilamaye on September 28, 2008 at 4:57 PM

In my view (which is not widely shared), John McCain’s fear of even mentioning President Bush’s name, and his fear of defending the decision to take over Iraq after a decade of provocations by Saddam, will doom him. – MrLynn on September 28, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Mr. McCain hitched his wagon to the bipartisan star and extended his hand across the aisle to what he believed were fellow Americans who had America’s best interests at heart.

Alas, he stuck his hand in a meat grinder and it is pulling him in. Unless he can extricate himself, he’ll be a bloody pile of ground meat and bone on November 4.

ManlyRash on September 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM

All Barry needs to say is:

and smile.

His partisans will forgive him anything but being caught in bed with a guy.

And only then if the guy were a Republican.

profitsbeard on September 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM

The suggestion that he will sing is silly. This a ploy to improve his bargaining power. Rezko’s lawyers are in negotiation with Obama’s representatives now.

Expect a pardon on the Friday of the Memorial Day weekend next summer.

Basilsbest on September 28, 2008 at 6:05 PM

McCain reaching across the aisle is like shaking hands with the devil.

When Bush relied upon the advice of the Clinton-appointed director of the CIA and decided it was either send the country to war or wait for the next attack, these people, the Democrats, voted for the Iraq war

When the going got tough and they realized political hay could be made by opposing the war they started to oppose it.

And they have called Bush everything from a pig to a dog ever since.

Basilsbest on September 28, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Rezko’s sentencing hearing comes in October. If he wants to cut a deal, he’ll need to make it before then, and he had better come up with enough to keep the feds interested. Patrick Fitzgerald has been investigating Chicago politics for several years, and he will want a lot of scalps before allowing Rezko to see daylight again.

I imagine it’s easy to love this sort of arm-twisting when prosecutors are wrench testimony from one’s opponents, about one’s other opponents. However, the case of Conrad Black, as reported by Mark Steyn, is testimony that such dealings are quite prone to bring prosecutors and liars into alliance against good men.

Kralizec on September 28, 2008 at 6:13 PM

In my previous comment, “wrench” should be “wrenching.”

Kralizec on September 28, 2008 at 6:14 PM

It is all Bushes fault!

Fuquay Steve on September 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Read that all

Then Read this

Then Read The other Stories about Obama and Rezko about how much more More Money Obama Got from Rezko(The sun times story is not complete.. more money has been found and Obama admitted to mre money sine that story was written, Chicago Tribune has been scrubbing their website of Rezko stories they they wrote)

Do a web search for “Obama Rezko Auchi Lehman Conflict of Interest”

without quotes

Chakra Hammer on September 28, 2008 at 7:34 PM

Grrrr.. I hope you can decipher my poor typing skills..

>:{

Chakra Hammer on September 28, 2008 at 7:36 PM

It will probably be in Obama’s interest once in office to dump Fitzgerald and put in someone else who will accept a plea deal from Blago but deep six any complaint against Daley. Obama probably doesn’t have much to answer for with Blago but he stood by and did nothing about Chicago corruption for 20 years and that could be embarrassing to him.

KW64 on September 28, 2008 at 8:10 PM

Obama wants this…he can say he is just some nut trying to stay out of jail.

tomas on September 28, 2008 at 8:22 PM

All Barry needs to say is:

“I was busy serving the people of my state and didn’t have time to notice Mr. Rezko’s dealings.”

and smile.

His partisans The MSM will forgive him anything but being caught in bed with a guy.

And only then if the guy were a Republican.

profitsbeard on September 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Fixed that for you.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I figure that almost all of that 41% of the American electorate that’s supposedly in the tank for The Godhead would vote for him if he were on Death Row for something.

The question here is whether something’s going to come out that sticks to the guy enough to affect a few percent of the remainder.

And whether the press can keep people from finding out.

JEM on September 28, 2008 at 8:53 PM

I am willing to bet he is posturing so by the time “obama” and if “obama” is elected or shortly after he loses he will sing so he can get out earlier but not before obama wins or loses.

KevinA on September 28, 2008 at 10:41 PM

The only way his “song” is worth anything is if he sings it BEFORE the election. Afterwards he’s a Christmas cake on Dec 26. Not worth nearly as much. He may want a bit of payback for B. Hussein throwing him under the bus.

Mojave Mark on September 28, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Obama why did you keep taking Campaign Cash from Tony Rezko after he failed to heat the homes of your poor constituents during the winter of 1997?

Was it hush money or a bribe or did you just sell them out?

How did it feel running for election unopposed getting the other person you were running against thrown off the ballot?

Why didn’t you want the people in your district to have a choice?

You sold out the people to Rezko then you forced them to vote for you because you got the other person thrown of the ballot?

Chakra Hammer on September 29, 2008 at 1:23 AM

Obviously we are already done in if we have no honesty in the media. We might as well get ready for another civil war or find another plot of land for sale and start over, with our new Constitution specifically banning government redistribution. We let these monsters take our schools, our courts, our entertainment and our news services. What’s left?

leftnomore on September 29, 2008 at 2:29 AM

A Star is Born.

Fuquay Steve on September 29, 2008 at 7:28 AM

Ignore all polls until the last week running up to the election folks. Look back 4 years ago (8 years ago also), the polls showed Kerry with a large lead (outside the margin of error) right up to the day before the election.

Republicans lost both houses in 06 for reasons that have nothing to do with our country taking a hard turn to the left. Our country remains a right center country. Our country remains a country that believes in our constitution, religious freedoms, speech freedoms, and the right to bear arms.

Don’t get hung up on fabricated polls!

Keemo on September 29, 2008 at 8:32 AM

This probably puts Blagojevich on the hot seat first. Rezko’s trial unearthed at least one potential corruption event directly involving the governor, and he may have much more to tell Fitzgerald. Obviously, Fitzgerald would love to nail Blagojevich and his involvement in corruption, but something tells me he’s aiming more for Richard Daley. Blagojevich would make a handy intermediate stop to this ultimate destination, and potentially a good witness against Daley if Rezko can deliver him.

Wait … I’m feeling faint.

Looks like Illinois will end up with two consecutive Governors sitting in Federal prison at the same time. Does anyone know if that’s a record? I think we’ve had three other Governors go to the Big House, but not at the same time.

Either way, if we break the record, it’s probably our own record. It sure would be great to have Rich “Squeaky” Daley join the other rats. Of course, the press will continue to protect O’Bama no matter what happens.

Jaibones on September 29, 2008 at 9:31 AM