Missouri governor goes nuclear on Obama for using prosecutors on campaign “truth squad”

posted at 6:30 pm on September 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

Oh, now. Would people really refrain from criticizing Obama just because they fear being, er, sent to prison for it?

This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson’s thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.

More at the link. Needless to say, no one actually has to be prosecuted for this to work. Prosecution will be impossible anyway in most cases thanks to the First Amendment. The point isn’t to jail critics but merely to price the cost of prospective litigation into their decision on whether to publicly criticize The One. Add this to the threatening letters his lawyers sent to station managers over the NRA ads, the flash-mob smearing of David Freddoso, and the appeal to the Justice Department to prosecute the American Issues Project for its perfectly factual yet devastating Ayers ad. Oh, the fun we’ll have with a deep blue Congress and an Obama-run DOJ and FCC. He promised you a “new type of politics,” didn’t he? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Nazis posing as “progressives.”

I wish I lived in Missouri so I could walk around with a sign and defy this bullshit.

BostonBeatnik on September 27, 2008 at 6:32 PM

*channeling the Drive-By media*

Nothing to see here but more Republican lies and smears, folks. Move along…move along.

ManlyRash on September 27, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Barack Obama is within striking distance of becoming POTUS.
Be. Very. Afraid.

muggedbyreality on September 27, 2008 at 6:34 PM

The phrase in constitutional law is “chilling effect” on free speech.

Not that you’re even being threatened with prosecution. Just the slightest hint that it might somehow be a possibility…is enough to silence people.

Wethal on September 27, 2008 at 6:37 PM

The First Amendment isn’t the only amendment to be shredded under President Herr Obama.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 27, 2008 at 6:38 PM

I am in KC, MO, have a website and would love to challenge these a$$holes with an Obama the Socialist Factoid page. But I would need help. Just thinking out loud.

Uncle Fred

deedtrader on September 27, 2008 at 6:38 PM

This will be the meme when he loses. Get used to it.

“But there are many people who believe that even if Obama wins the vote, it will be stolen – just like it was for Al Gore. They think that something will go wrong.”

Linkyloo

SouthernGent on September 27, 2008 at 6:38 PM

I would think that those County Circuit attorneys violated some kind of law.

At best, they should be relieved of their duty.

Religious_Zealot on September 27, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Did the Missouri governor declare that investigations into abuse of power would take place? If not then he did NOT go ‘nuclear’

Todays DNC makes yesterdays Russia seem almost democratic. :oP

DannoJyd on September 27, 2008 at 6:39 PM

National Civilian Security Force

NCSF = NAZI

jeff_from_mpls on September 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM

jeff_from_mpls on September 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Beat me to it.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM

…Goldberg’s current book, folks…”Liberal Fascism”…nothing new…always pushing the envelope, these guys…patient as barnacles, these totalitarians.

…Shakespeare was right…first, we kill all the lawyers.

Puritan1648 on September 27, 2008 at 6:42 PM

“Truth Squad”??

Sounds to me like Gestapo!

JAM on September 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Barry can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube.

He slipped, and we noticed.

jeff_from_mpls on September 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM

I called the Gov. and thanked him for his courage to stand up to the Obama military.

Mercy4Me on September 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Disgusting! These people cannot be trusted to enforce the laws of Missouri. They should be relieved of their duties post haste.

MCPO Airdale on September 27, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Office of the Governor
Room 216, State Capitol Building
Jefferson City MO 65101
Telephone: (573) 751-3222

Mercy4Me on September 27, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Yet another marker. And the media ignores it. As I’ve said before, in a democracy the people get to choose what direction it takes. They can even choose to end it if they want.

Matt Helm on September 27, 2008 at 6:46 PM

I have no problem at all if Obama wants to personally and individually sue his detractors in Civil court, but to use the Criminal courts and law enforcement personnel to shut down opposition is outrageous.

LegendHasIt on September 27, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Liberal Fascism, they are marxist the more power in Washington they get the more oppressive they will be. If they ever got Absolute Power we would be the Soviet Union.

I hate Obama, sue me!

jp on September 27, 2008 at 6:47 PM

well if Obama wins, I say screw it. Summon Petraus to Washington and declare Dictatorship.

/sarc…….kinda

jp on September 27, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Darn! Where’s a YouTube video of Elvis Costello’s Goon Squad when you need one?

I’ll have to comfort myself with one of his producers instead.

Terrie on September 27, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Here’s one more example of Obama’s Stalinist tactics, as reported by the Boss.

Buy Danish on September 27, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Big Brother Barry is Watching You.

I give dissent six months after he wins.

MrScribbler on September 27, 2008 at 6:51 PM

I live in Missouri and I am about to be deployed, I joined the military to defend everybodies right to free speech and the Constitution. The worst part is most of my family is going to vote for Obama the asshat. Wow, some days I feel like I cut my own throat. Truth squad my ass, who gets to difine the “truth”? I hope McCain makes an issue of this, push this to the independents and let them see all this “change” bull that Obama is spewing. Now off to my run.

Defensor Fortis

mo_gunslinger on September 27, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Where’s the Palin Truth Squad? Seems to me she’s getting lied about more than anyone else in the campaign. I don’t see many prosecutors lining up to defend her.

Disturb the Universe on September 27, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Here is the website of the office of Robert P. McCulloch, with email address: http://www.stlouisco.com/pa/ .

Be kind, though, if you have something to say.

kc8ukw on September 27, 2008 at 6:52 PM

this reminds me of the Taliban.

custer on September 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM

ADVICE WANTED: Looking for a reputable shirt manufacturer to invest in. Must specialize in making brown ones only. Anticipate making a killing. Anyone else want to get in on the ground floor?

turfmann on September 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Hmmmmmmm … the thing that strikes me about this campaign, as with the democrats trying to stuff any bailout bill with pork is how obvious they are. They just don’t seem to care. Blatant thuggery and not even trying to hide it.

What in the hell does that say?

darwin on September 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Obama: “Nah … I don’t want to take your guns away”

darwin on September 27, 2008 at 6:54 PM

jeff_from_mpls on September 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Fo’ shizzle, my nizzle. He’s trying to trample on one of the core principles this nation was founded upon by using tactics (not a strategy) from the old Soviet Union.

As much as I disagree with hate McCain-Feingold, I can see where Mac’s heart was in the right place. He wanted to eliminate unjust money (Soros) in elections. Problem is that groups have found ways around it while citizens rights have been stifled. What Barack is doing is going above and beyond. This is a precursor of what will happen under an Obama administration with a majority Dumbocrat Congress. Stifling of debate, endless political witchhunts and imposition slow deterioration of Constitutional rights.

Welcome to Despotism 101 courtesy of the modern Democrat party.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 27, 2008 at 6:54 PM

This is truly frightening. The left is continually warning about a “New World Order,” yet their nomcominee is running for the President of the World.

MsUnderestimated on September 27, 2008 at 6:55 PM

What in the hell does that say?

That even now, most of the American public isn’t paying attention. (Or at least most Democrats. But I suspect really most of the American public, because even many of the truly smart people I know don’t follow what’s happening politically.)

kc8ukw on September 27, 2008 at 6:55 PM

In the literal sense, not yet. We do not yet have Canadian-style “Human Rights Commissions” and do not yet have laws classifying certain political speech as criminal “hate speech.” But how many more liberal Supreme Court Justices would be needed for that to happen? One? Two?

In another sense, though, yes. Liberal intimidation tactics already play a powerful silencing role in some communities & college campuses. If it’s not whispered contempt for conservatives, its very loud anger yelled at us. And it can go beyond simply words.

I refrain from criticism of Obama or discussing politics at all with liberals for fear of being slapped, as has happened once. Making a joke about global warming got me spat upon once.

Loxodonta on September 27, 2008 at 6:55 PM

REVOLUTION!!!

Calm Before the Storm on September 27, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Big Brother Barry’s Computer Hacker Squad is probably covertly stealing our registration information from HotAir as we speak, in preparation for the big round up in 2010.

O’Reilly’s Premium Member site info has already been hacked.

Get ready for the knock on your door in the middle of the night.

Disturb the Universe on September 27, 2008 at 6:56 PM

This situation with Obama’s “team” using prosecutors and others in similar positions of power as truth squads, reeks of 30′s Nazi Germany, Lenin’s KGB and Castro’s thugs..

The RNC should make ads and run this the length of the country of the actual threats of intimidation and tactics employed to suppress free speech..

No one person could have given the RNC better ad material..

I’d open the ad using the words of Martin Niemöller

theblacksheepwasright on September 27, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Barack Obama is within striking distance of becoming POTUS.
Be. Very. Afraid

Mugged, you are so right. This thug mentality would be employed in all 50 states under his rule. Make no mistake if he is elected in Nov. we are looking at a permanent change to the foundations of the Country.

The urban culture will control government from both houses and there will be a lock down on the presidency controlled by a few states.
Be afraid? Hell yes.

FireBlogger on September 27, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Read this..

Then read this

“Iraqi Billionaire Threatens Reporters Investigating Rezko Affair”: Obama’s Buddy!

They are not scardy of going to jail, they are scared of getting their heads cut off, by a terrorist!

Chakra Hammer on September 27, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Great post Allah, I hope you send this one over to Top Picks so people can see it for days to come.

Maxx on September 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Thank goodness. I was astounded by this report yesterday. All my taxes are being spent to save the financial world right now, I’m not sure I can afford to pay state employees to be the truth police for Sen. Obama. Just kidding I don’t live in MO.

Cindy Munford on September 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Obama is against the 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment..

Obama only Clings to a wrongly decided Supreme Court decision, that isn’t even a RIGHT!

Chakra Hammer on September 27, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Get ready for the knock on your door in the middle of the night.

Disturb the Universe on September 27, 2008 at 6:56 PM

At least I’ll be in good company.

Seriously though, this is creepy.

tehd on September 27, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Why would Obama be asking for Missouri to prosecute his own campaign?

Tuning Spork on September 27, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Cindy Munford on September 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM

It will spread to all “57 states” once the Obamanation reigns supreme.

Disturb the Universe on September 27, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Obama can take a flying f*ck at a rolling donut.

profitsbeard on September 27, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Trust me, Obama is going to win because he has plenty of people such as the people described in this article who believe in the NAZI form and yet don’t think they are doing anything wrong.

The Brown Shirts are back.

The intimidation has already begun.

Seig Heil Mein Fuhrer Obama.

JP1986UM on September 27, 2008 at 7:02 PM

At least I’ll be in good company.

Seriously though, this is creepy.

tehd on September 27, 2008 at 7:01 PM

They don’t let you socialize much in the Gulag.

Disturb the Universe on September 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM

FYBHO

What a MORON!

Bubba Redneck on September 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Stalinism you can believe in.

JammieWearingFool on September 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

deedtrader on September 27, 2008 at 6:38 PM

I’m in KCK, so you know how bad it is for me to be a Republican here. Sometimes I think it’s pretty much me and Mike Shanin.

We have rules that forbid uniformed military from expressing political opinions, and for good reasons. When a prosecutor or sheriff expresses an opinion on the veracity of political speech, it is difficult, if not impossible, to separate the power of his office from his statement. There can be no question that there is a chilling effect in play.

As Insty would say… They told me if Bush were re-elected that free speech would be under attack, and they were right!

The Monster on September 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

If you’re untenured faculty, coming out as a conservative can cost you your job. If you’re vocal in Hollywood, unless you’re a Kelsey Grammer or Dennis Hopper or Jon Voight or Chuck Norris, you’ll never work in this town again.

The thing is, where a man might be willing to sacrifice his own life for his principles, he’ll think twice if his actions might cause his family or loved ones to suffer. That’s how dictatorships are really able to keep power.

Matt Helm on September 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

I am trying not to become paranoid, but with the apparent collapse of the banking system, and whatever crap will be coming with that, Obama could be the savior of America. Just like Mugabe has been the savior of Zimbabwe. We are a large and dynamic country but The One could still do some damage.

JonRoss on September 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

They don’t let you socialize much in the Gulag.

Disturb the Universe on September 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Dangit I forgot.

Perhaps I can CMA by attending a Camp Obama and claim to have already undergone reeducation.

tehd on September 27, 2008 at 7:05 PM

perhaps someone should find out who the lawyers are and start suing them for random lies as well just for shits and giggles.

theguardianii on September 27, 2008 at 7:05 PM

I’m clinging that much tighter to my gun now.

TexasDan on September 27, 2008 at 7:05 PM

flip side here, if he wins chance this stuff could back fire big time once public figures it out.

on the other hand it could be all out war

jp on September 27, 2008 at 7:06 PM

And don’t forget the Fairness Doctrine which will be signed into law on 1/21/09.

IrishEi on September 27, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Obama has made a (short) career out of eliminating his opponents, right? This seems completely in character, to me.

Don’t think it can’t happen here.

capitalist piglet on September 27, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Obama’s Government funded National Security Force, being the Nation of Islam with General Farrakhan at the helm, and his Army of 3 Million soldiers patrolling your neighborhoods? Does that sound good after Obama outlaws and regulates all the guns out of your hands?

Obama will Out Law and Regulate all guns out of the the US.

Kos Kiddies = Obama’s SA Sturmabteilung (Brownshirts) They will be Killed and replaced when Obama Creates the “Government funded Private Army” within the first 100 days.

They Will Be Replaced BY

Nation of Islam = Obama’s SS after what will be reminecent of the “Night of the Long Knives”

Then we will have a race war.

————————–

The Sturmabteilung, abbreviated SA, (German for “Assault detachment” or “Assault section”, usually translated as “stormtroop(er)s”), functioned as a paramilitary organization of the NSDAP – the German Nazi party. It played a key role in Adolf Hitler’s rise to power in the 1930s.

SA men were often called “brownshirts”, for the colour of their uniforms, and to distinguish them from the Schutzstaffel (SS), who wore black and brown uniforms (compare the Italian blackshirts). Brown-coloured shirts were chosen as the SA uniform because a large batch of them was cheaply available after World War I, having originally been ordered for German troops serving in Africa.

The SA was also the first Nazi paramilitary group to develop pseudo-military titles for bestowal upon its members. The SA ranks would be adopted by several other Nazi Party groups, chief among them the SS. They were very important to Hitler’s rise to power until they were superseded by the SS after the Night of the Long Knives.

Chakra Hammer on September 27, 2008 at 7:08 PM

The people responsible for sending Obama to the White House are the same dangerous bunch that snuck Lenin in on a train.

Saltysam on September 27, 2008 at 7:09 PM

IF he loses, I believe this will continue. Just because the election will be over does not mean these people will go away. They are like crab grass!

freeus on September 27, 2008 at 7:10 PM

I’m clinging that much tighter to my gun now.

TexasDan on September 27, 2008 at 7:05 PM

JonRoss on September 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM

They are like crab grass cancer!

freeus on September 27, 2008 at 7:10 PM

FIFY

IrishEi on September 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Whining doesn’t cut it. Whining is just words and no one cares about our words.

If you live in that state, ask the Governor why he hadn’t initiated an investigation against these two. Ask if anyone had filed a complaint before the bar. Find out if the Republicans had sent some letters to the county and city noting that they were liable for crimes committed by these two while acting in their official status.

Ideally, personalize the battle on these two. How can they be denied their ability to work as lawyers? How much of their personal funds can we force them to spend to defend themselves. Can their families lose their jobs over this?

chicago rules: if they pull a knife, you pull a gun…and use it. These two are as much the enemy as Al Queda, don’t doubt that for a minute. And don’t doubt that they view conservatives and Republicans in an even worse light –to them, conservatives and Republicans are worse than Al Queda.

iconoclast on September 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM

This is not the Representative Republic we thought we knew. Fox reported that Nancy Pelosi had the balls to call House Republicans “unpatriotic”. How dare the other side not follow Madame “Mao” Pelosi’s dicates?

The good news is that Charles Krauthammer and Fred Barnes believe that the Dems will have to strip out the slush fund to ACORN and other corrupt and odious elements. Hope they’re right.

Buy Danish on September 27, 2008 at 7:14 PM

This seems extremely newsworthy!
Would someone please post the links to the articles about it in the NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post, etc.?
What??????????? None available????????
Extraordinary!

changein25 on September 27, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Obama: “Nah … I don’t want to take your guns away”

Obama: “Nah … I don’t want to take your guns awayI have people for that.”

There finished it for you.

meci on September 27, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Can you imagine if Bush were threatening to prosecute people for “false or misleading” criticism oh his administration?

DaveS on September 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Chakra Hammer on September 27, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Similar to the October Revolution, when the Bolsheviks took over after the Revolution of 1917.

Saltysam on September 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Wow, this is well beyond the pale. Between this and the possible financial collapse, I had better lay in more ammo, food, and water. If it’s not too late.

kam582 on September 27, 2008 at 7:18 PM

What in the hell does that say?

darwin on September 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM

I’ve said several times that Obama and his thug supporters have been extremely honest about their views and plans, for anybody willing to pay attention and dig past the superficial “hope” and “change.” That they remain popular … um beyond my comprehension.

JonRoss on September 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Yep. Barry O, working to bring the Zimbabwe Miracle here to the USA.

funky chicken on September 27, 2008 at 7:19 PM

The good part is that this is ingrained in his Chicago style politics… they see nothing wrong here. As in “Huh? What’d I do wrong?”

CC

CapedConservative on September 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” — Santayana

* Speeches in stadiums filled with mesmerized, adoring audiences – Check
* An uninspiring background before meteoric rise – Check
* Creates his own new symbols of power – Check
* Associates with racists, hatemongers and violent radicals – Check
* A propaganda machine willing to show him only in the best possible light – Check
* Uses, “glorious leader” style Agitprop posters common in totalitarian nations – Check (see German campaign poster for example)
* Wants Secret Police force – Check
* Somebody powerful people think they can control – Check
* Often dismissed as a light-weight by his opponents – Check
* Seeks to replace God with the State – Check
* People adopting his name as their own – Check
* Inspires adoration art – Check
* Appropriates symbols of past German glory – Check
* Never plans on giving up power – Check (Obama to be president for the next “eight to 10 years”)
* A narcissistic megalomaniac – Check
* Brazenly Takes credit for other people’s accomplishments – Check
* Wants to build “youth” movement through Universal National State service – Check
* Acts as if in power before he is – Check
* Some followers believe him to be divine – Check
* Worshiped and aided greatly by the media – Check
* Has his own salute – Check
* Has thuggish supporters intimdating political opponents – Check
* Using the power of the State to silence critics – Check

TheBigOldDog on September 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Add this to the threatening letters his lawyers sent to station managers…

It seems like there ought to be a way to make this sort of thing illegal.

If I say something you don’t like, hey, go for it. That’s what free speech is all about.

But threatening to shoot the messenger? There’s absolutely no way that can be anything but a Brownshirt tactic.

logis on September 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Matt Helm on September 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Agreed. The thing is, liberal coercion tactics are not those of dictators who merely seek temporary power for themselves. This is a cultural movement that is totalitarian & Orwellian in nature. It impacts all sectors of life, from religion, to work, and even the family.

Loxodonta on September 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM

I don’t know what’s scarier.

The fact Obama is doing this or how the TV station reported this matter-of-factly.

CanadianGuy on September 27, 2008 at 7:21 PM

turfmann on September 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Only one problem with your idea, if Obambi is elected all profits must be handed over to Obambi’s marxist government or the brown shirts will pay you a visit allah Clock Work Orange!

Liberty or Death on September 27, 2008 at 7:23 PM

f’ing criminals

this HAS to be newsworthy, useing the police to crush dissent?

Good Lord help us…

stlpatriot on September 27, 2008 at 7:24 PM

ACORN, ACORN uber alles,
Uber alles in die weldt…

ManlyRash on September 27, 2008 at 7:25 PM

What in the hell does that say?
darwin on September 27, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Here is a little something I wrote up a couple of days ago, in a similar vein:

On top of things like (Gov.) Bill Richardson (D-NM), saying publicly (later saying that he was just kidding) that he guaranteed that Obama would get 102% of the vote in NM; The printing of 3 million ballots for the 1.1 million registered voters in NM, etc. ; Today I got a direct and personal message that the Democrats have got things ‘fixed’ to the point that they don’t even need to pretend that they are honest:

First, though, a little background: About a month ago, The NM Secretary of State, Mary Herrera (D) appointed the son-in-law of Tom Udall, the Democrat candidate for the U.S. Senate (seat being vacated by Pete Domenici (R) ), to be the head of the New Mexico board of Elections. A blatant and obvious conflict of interest. There was such a furor over this that Udall’s son-in-law resigned from the position soon after accepting it.

So, who does SoS Mary Herrera appoint as the NEW, new head of the board of elections?
Did she learn her lesson and appoint someone who they could all at least pretend was an independent?
The NEW new guy in charge of counting the votes for the whole state worked with and for Udall at least twice before; when Udall was the NM Attorney General, and later was his Chief-of-Staff when Udall was first elected to Congress.

Anyway, I just had to let off some steam, and sent the following email to SoS Herrera this afternoon:
———————————————————————————————
Do you feel the ground shaking?
All the past corrupt Democrat New Mexico Secretaries of State are turning over in their graves.
They are moaning: “Couldn’t she at least be a little more subtle?” “She is giving the usual good old NM democrat vote fraud a bad name.”
Thank you very much, for once again making New Mexico look like an inept third world dictatorship.

———————————————————————————————

OK, I’ll admit that the above is not the proper way to communicate with an elected official, or even in discussion with a ‘regular person’, but I was so disgusted with the brazenness of her REPEATED actions that I could not force myself to be polite and politically correct.

I mostly expected that my message would be ignored. I figured if it wasn’t ignored, I’d either get an angry reply of “How dare you communicate with me in such a manner” or get an unflinchingly polite, politically worded reply, like I always get from Jeff Bingaman (NM’s Sitting Democrat U.S. Senator), of something like: “I made my decision for and in the best interests of the Citizens of New Mexico and the rest of the Citizens of the USA in general.” and sometimes they even give some detailed rationalization behind those decisions.

But this evening, I got a simple, two word reply from Secretary Of State Herrera:

(No, not THOSE two words…)
It was : “Your Welcome”

Yes; Your.
Not: You are;
Nor: You’re.

Illiterate, as well as corrupt. Well, This IS NM, after all. I guess that is to be expected.

In a way, I’m kind of tickled that I got a reply like that, but in another way it sort of scares me too.

The Governor and the Secretary of State of NM have both apparently “taken off the gloves” for this election cycle, and beyond that, they are presenting their middle fingers to every honest citizen of New Mexico regardless of political party.

If they feel so safe that they believe that they can do this with impunity, I have to wonder exactly what they have planned that gives them such confidence.

LegendHasIt on September 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Outrageous.

Terrye on September 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM

I live in the metro-east and am expecting a job offer in St Louis within the next month. I am reconsidering my options as I am very concerned about the use of the so-called “truth squad” actions being taken on behalf of Sen Obama in the St Louis area and Missouri in general. Are you as willing to protect the Republican candidates as well? It seems Gov Palin is being subjected to more lies and slander than any of the four candidates. This smells more of “goon squad” rather than “truth squad”.

My e-mail to Mr. McCulloch. I included my e-mail addy but doubt I’ll get a reply.

Big John on September 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM

ACORN, ACORN uber alles,
Uber alles in die weldt…

ManlyRash on September 27, 2008 at 7:25 PM

we had like 7 people from ACORN go to freaking jail in 2004 here in st. louis…

stlpatriot on September 27, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Saltysam on September 27, 2008 at 7:09 PM

The people that are voting for Obama are ones that are going to get Sold out and killed FIRST, just watch..

He already did it in Chicago with Rezko!

Rezko did NOT heat the buildings in Obama’s District and Obama kept taking money from him! Obama didn’t give a shit about the poor people freezing their asses off he only cared about keeping his mouth shut and for Rezko to keep giving him MORE MONEY! Then after Rezko was Indited Obama did a land and House deal with Rezko, once again Selling out his Constituents in his district! The Obama did NOT testify in the Rezko trial! Obama knew Rezko for 17 years! It was his responsibility to be a part of that trial and MAKE SURE that REZKO WENT TO JAIL! Obama should have MADE THE PROSECUTOR LET HIM TESTIFY AGAINST REZKO!

OBAMA was AWOL!

Why didn’t Obama testify in the Rezko Trial? It’ simple, he was in on the corruption!

Chakra Hammer on September 27, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Chrystal Nacht.

bloviator on September 27, 2008 at 7:29 PM

“No government can be maintained without the principle of fear as well as duty. Good men will obey the last, but bad ones the former only. If our government ever fails, it will be from this weakness.” –Thomas Jefferson to John Wayles Eppes, 1814.

Bootleghooch on September 27, 2008 at 7:29 PM

I have never owned one. Depending on how the election goes, I will own one on the first Wednesday of November. I am been around quite a while and I have never had the uneasy feeling I do right now about my own personal safety being threatened by who is elected POTUS. – JonRoss on September 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Purchase a decent pump-action 10 guage or 12 guage shotgun, a decent hunting rifle and at least one handgun – preferably a large calibre weapon (I own a .44 Magnum). Join the NRA. Learn how to use the weapons and maintain them. Stock up on ammo.

ManlyRash on September 27, 2008 at 7:29 PM

I sent an e-mail to Ms. Joyce, the St Louis city attorney. I told her Barack Obama was a Saul Alinsky trained communist, and asked if she wanted to arrest me for libel. I then gave her my personal information so she could easily find me. I also inquired if she was a graduate of Moscow U. These lib fascists must be confronted.

Zoltan on September 27, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Matt Helm on September 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

So true. A while back, I read a book called “This is Paradise!”, about a family that escaped North Korea. That was some kind of serious eye-opener, let me tell you.

capitalist piglet on September 27, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Loxodonta on September 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Oh, definitely. Obama and his movement is following the classic pattern for fascist, national socialist, and communist totalitarianism. If this man takes power, and let’s be honest, there’s a good chance he will, we might well be entering a very dark tunnel from which it might take us a long time to emerge–possibly generations.

Matt Helm on September 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM

“Zoltan on September 27, 2008 at 7:30 PM”

do u live in MO? Keep us posted!

/real “speaking truth to power”

Buckaroo on September 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM

Before I even read a comment my first thought was “this is straight out of the nazi and communist handbook for how to run a government”. Checked the MSM sites, no one’s picked it up yet.

Hog Wild on September 27, 2008 at 7:35 PM

oh, and folks, some of you are starting to sound like unstable freepers.

yes, this is an unacceptable step.
yes, the authoritarian/totalitarian tendencies are many for duh1 and this is prolly the worst of the lot.
but he’s a first term senator at the moment. it is up to the electorate of all 50 states to demonstrate that is to be ALL HE WILL EVER BE.

Buckaroo on September 27, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Obama and his brown shirts are a fatal danger to the Republic. Be prepared to stand against them.

rplat on September 27, 2008 at 7:38 PM

“Checked the MSM sites, no one’s picked it up yet.”

give it ’til monday, it will either have spilled over and/or those two show-me state MORONS will be in serious backpedal mode …

Buckaroo on September 27, 2008 at 7:38 PM