New ad from group headed by Howard Dean’s brother: Hey, McCain had cancer

posted at 9:35 pm on September 25, 2008 by Allahpundit

Dean’s just one half of the equation. The other half is Brave New PAC, which the AP notes is “connected” to director Robert Greenwald. If that name sounds familiar, it’s because I’ve mentioned him a bunch of times before as an idiot known for turning out heavy-handed McCain scare ads. See, e.g., the “Bomb Iran” goof from February, which was at least an attempt at humor if a feeble one, and more recently this unfortunate quick hit with former POW Phillip Butler accusing Maverick of being too unstable to be president. Viewed in the context of the cancer ad, it’s clear Greenwald’s systematically working his way through the catalog of McCain smears: Bellicose to the point of insanity, riddled with disease, etc etc etc. An ad accusing him of being senile can’t be long in coming.

Three guesses which cable news network this is airing on. Incidentally, McCain did make his medical records available to reporters for a few hours earlier this year. The One has yet to reciprocate.

Comments

So what, Greenwald? Barry O is only 47 and at heigtened risk of cancer (smoking) and is clearly senile (crypto-Marxist).

Wineaholic on September 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Obama smokes like a chimney, I’d say he has a pretty good chance of dying from cancer too, you dumb hypocritical asshatian goblins.

Bishop on September 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM

This good old fashioned 19th century politcs.

Maybe Senators will go back to dueling or clubbing each other to near death in the halls of Congress.

mylegsareswollen on September 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM

What’s the word,, oh yeah,, classy. That’s it,, classy.

JellyToast on September 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM

No mentions of his left eye?

lorien1973 on September 25, 2008 at 9:40 PM

The making of this ad doesn’t make me quite as sick as the network (which I’ll never speak about again) running it.

For me, this campaign is reason enough that “the Press” should no longer have guaranteed protection under the law. THAT Right is reserved for a free and fair Press.

TugboatPhil on September 25, 2008 at 9:40 PM

I can’t believe I’m the first to say this:

Stay classy, Democrats. Stay classy.

And for God’s sake, go look up “karma” in the dictionary. It’s a bitch. I’d wear a lot of sunscreen and stay away from second-hand smoke if I were you people.

Professor Blather on September 25, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Sick, and I don’t mean John McCain.

TooTall on September 25, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Despicable. You stay classy Lib.

cannonball on September 25, 2008 at 9:43 PM

We have sunk to a new and disgusting low in my beloved country, too allow this form of malignant politicking to become permissible.
What have we done to ourselves?

Answer: 40+ years of liberalism.

Over.

Sorry for the double post, but it saves me from my two finger typing.

Over again.

1GooDDaDDy on September 25, 2008 at 9:43 PM

This ad is just disgusting. I saw the ad on MSNBC this morning and had to chew quickly to avoid choking on my muffin. Sen. McCain provided access to thousands of pages of his medical records during the 2000 campaign and again this year. He made his doctor available for questions. Access to the documents was somewhat controlled for obvious reasons, but it was provided to an array of media members. Concern is justified with an older man who has had cancer, and that was why it was appropriate that he provide the information he did. Case closed.

Sen. Obama had his doctor write a one page note saying that the senator was fine and that was all he provided. Sen. Obama is much younger and appears to be in pretty good shape, but why wouldn’t he even make an effort to provide the most basic details? He’s a smoker, that alone could cause him some problems down the road.

Jill1066 on September 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM

James Dean has never been so uncool.

carbon_footprint on September 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM

This is a death-wish ad. It’s disgusting.

There are some 10,000,000 cancer survivors in the United States. I hope they all see this ad and get very angry.

Loxodonta on September 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM

I’d hate to be a patient of Dr. Craft. His prognosis would make me get a second onpinion.

AnthonyK on September 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM

I thought McCain did release his medical records.

RobertInAustin on September 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Diseased

Rock on.

James OK on September 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM

The sponsors of that network better be ready, this is WAR

stlpatriot on September 25, 2008 at 9:45 PM

That is despicable, but it will actually end up working in McCain’s favor if they run it.

But what would you expect from Howard Dean’s brother.

Mr. Joe on September 25, 2008 at 9:45 PM

mylegsareswollen on September 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM

As soon as we hear from ManlyRash, this medical thread will be complete.

I have a serious question about those who created and funded this ad. Aren’t they so-called tolerant progressives who insist on universal health care without discrimination against patients with pre-existing conditions such as cancer?

Terrie on September 25, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Why hasn’t Obama put his records out there for all to see?

Has he had a few bad pee tests?

Embarrassing STD?

Where’s the trust?

tru2tx on September 25, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Barack Obama is 47 years old and has had an intelligent thought 0 times.

Tommy_G on September 25, 2008 at 9:49 PM

You know, I never thought there would be anything that would make me happily vote for McCain. Then along came Sarah. And then along came this. I’ll hit the tip jar at the McCain site again.

Sue on September 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Who are these doctor tools? I’d like to see they’re FEC donation records.

BJ* on September 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Is this a doctor from Cuba?

canopfor on September 25, 2008 at 9:53 PM

John McCain may have gone 4 rounds with skin cancer and suffered 5 years as a POW, with lingering effects from his torture, BUT he could still kick Howard Dean’s and OBambi’s prissy little a$$es any day of the week.

AubieJon on September 25, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Howard Dean’s brother? What did their father need to buy that was so damn important that he couldn’t afford to purchase two condoms?

radjah shelduck on September 25, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Dean, Pelosi, Reid, Murtha, Obama, Boxer, Feinstein, all liberals that make me and Americans sick.

This is the most disgusting ad from the repulsive liberal party. I hold Howard Dean accountable. It is hard to believe that he does not know what his own brother is doing. I also blame the Obama campaign. They do not have their hands clean from this either.

jencab on September 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Why hasn’t Obama put his records out there for all to see?

Has he had a few bad pee tests?

Embarrassing STD?

Where’s the trust?

tru2tx on September 25, 2008 at 9:47 PM

More and more frequently, Obama’s eyes look tired, sick, deadened, like he suffers from migraines. He also seems to have lost weight on the campaign trail. It’s probably stress and lack of sleep, but his opponent is old enough to be his father and seems like the Energizer Bunny despite keeping a similar schedule.

Terrie on September 25, 2008 at 9:55 PM

I think Obama has to man up and explain why he won’t release his records. For all we know, he has contracted AIDS. From Howard Dean’s brother. And Howard. YEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Patrick S on September 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Who are these doctor tools? I’d like to see they’re FEC donation records.

BJ* on September 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM

He was a Kerry Supporter

AnthonyK on September 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Does Obama have AIDS? Will his team just prove that he doesn’t? I mean, this is the equivalent of proving the sky is blue. But they won’t. Kinda makes you wonder.

(Sully)

VolMagic on September 25, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Brought to you,by the Jack#ss Party,the very same
party responsible for all that financial donkey
sh#t that everyone now has to walk in for the next
couple of months!! a hem!

canopfor on September 25, 2008 at 9:58 PM

If a businessman refused to hire someone because he had cancer years ago, these same leftists would cry discrimination. But they say that’s a reason not to “hire” McCain.

jgapinoy on September 25, 2008 at 9:58 PM

BO amitted doing coke years ago. For how long? How did that affect his health?

jgapinoy on September 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM

amitted admitted

jgapinoy on September 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM

I’ve got to believe that every cancer survivor, and any one who’s had a loved one with cancer, will let the obama campaign and every network that runs this ad know what they think of it. Sponsers have to be made aware that they will not be rewarded for crap like this

anniekc on September 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM

I would hate to use the tatctics of some skinheads, but I swear some man to man beatings would work wonders for these sacks of sheet.

ClassicCon on September 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM

I’ve heard Obama has a lesion on his scrotum.

I’m not sure if the rumors are true, however it should checked out by a proper medical authority.

mylegsareswollen on September 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM

I love the tagline, ‘Diseased’…lol.

Chudi on September 25, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Why hasn’t Obama put his records out there for all to see?

He doesn’t want everybody to know he suffers Peyronie’s disease to the left.

John Doe on September 25, 2008 at 10:02 PM

The Dean family is nothing but classy:

Claiming a deferment due to back surgery while sking every day — classy!

Charlie Dean, so stupid he went backpacking in the Mekong Delta in 1974, into Laos and executed by commie guerrillas. The Dean family used their influence to declare him a POW/MIA. When his remains were returned, the family arranged to have him buried with military honors though he was never in the military – classy!

Howard Dean having panic attacks in the governors office, flopping around on the floor, and having to be carried out by ambulance — classy!

Blake on September 25, 2008 at 10:03 PM

AnthonyK on September 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Hey, that website is very useful! Thanks.

jgapinoy on September 25, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Its Political War,and screaming mad howling Dean
has now made it personal,T-Minus(give or take a day)
40 days and counting!

And the U.S.S.Hot Air sails into voting day port-of
call!!

Hot Air Crew,have ye Faith!:):):):)

canopfor on September 25, 2008 at 10:05 PM

McCain has been cancer free for over 8 years. The democrats should give it a rest. Or, someone should run ads about Howie’s own mental problems.

Blake on September 25, 2008 at 10:05 PM

The list of doctors is here. One of the FEC sites will give their donor histories, but it’s safe to say that they are all far left Dems. I would be more interested in making sure I never receive care from any of these people. They may or may not be skilled, but they certainly have no human kindness or common sense.

juliesa on September 25, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Where is your health record, Hussein? Could there be something to that story about you being a drug-using homosexual on the down-low?

Just askin’ here. Not making any accusations.

iconoclast on September 25, 2008 at 10:05 PM

I saw this earlier, tasteless.

Typhonsentra on September 25, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Obama snorted coke.

Chakra Hammer on September 25, 2008 at 10:06 PM

OBAMA’S HUGE SECRET:

Michelle is really the father of their children.

AubieJon on September 25, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I may be mistaken but I think Joe Biden had a couple of brain aneurysms did he not?

Obama smokes and both mom & dad died relatively young.

If elected God forbid if something should happen to both.

That would leave Nancy Pelosi as President.

!!!

lillyanneinc on September 25, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Like others have said, karma is a bitch. These evil bastards will pay for this, if not in this lifetime, they will pay still.

Do the coastie elites not realize this crap backfires bigtime? Oh, yeah, they don’t. They are “above” everyone else in America. That’s the beauty of it all…there’s blow-back and they’re too dumb to even realize it. Remember General “Betray-Us?” Yeah, that went over like a lead balloon.

MsUnderestimated on September 25, 2008 at 10:08 PM

What about Obama’s medical condition? I hear he was born w/out a spine.

PackerBronco on September 25, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Hey, what is that big honkin’ lump thingee growin on the side of Hussein’s nose? Cancer? Cyst from all the blow?

While we’re at it, he’s as skinny as any crack whore I’ve ever seen, I think he’s still on the junk.

Alden Pyle on September 25, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Malone: And *then* what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way. Because they’re not gonna give up the fight, until one of you is dead.
NessMcCain: I want to get Capone Obama! I don’t know how to do it.
Malone: You wanna know how to get CaponeObama? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That’s* the *Chicago* way! And that’s how you get CaponeObama. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I’m offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

tit for tat won’t do it with Democrats. You have to destroy them completely instead of waiting for them to “sink lower”.

iconoclast on September 25, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Just sent this to General Electric:

I can no longer stay quiet regarding the despicable behavior of MSNBC. They pretend to be an objective news channel, yet even the dead can see Olbermann, Matthews and the other “talent” are nothing more than left wing attack rodents. Today’s ad they’re running on John McCain’s cancer has pushed me over the top. GE used to be a proud symbol of American success….now it’s becoming known as the company that owns that anti-American cable news channel.

Please be aware that I can no longer purchase GE products. I am also e-mailing all of my friends and other contacts and imploring them to do likewise.

Here’s their contact page if you’d care to bitchslap them as well….

Patrick S on September 25, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Ummm,I thought Hopey wasn’t into personal attacks,
takin the highroad and all!!

I thought Obama claimed(Chicago thuggery)to be above
it all,new generation of politics!!

The gloves gotta come off,I don’t want to see the
third timid Republican campaign!!!

This is gutter sniping from the Liberal Party!!

canopfor on September 25, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Just sent this to General Electric:

Here’s their contact page if you’d care to vent on them as well….

Patrick S on September 25, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Obama’s campaign has turned into an open sewer.

My new pet name for him: ManHole.

RushBaby on September 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Robert Greenwald? I thought the sock puppet was Glen Greenwald…

BKennedy on September 25, 2008 at 10:22 PM

One guess is CNN,CBS,and ABC!

canopfor on September 25, 2008 at 10:23 PM

jgapinoy on September 25, 2008 at 10:04 PM

BTW If it’s the same Dr? Fratkin as this one he is a self employed physicain and donated to Obama

AnthonyK on September 25, 2008 at 10:25 PM

My new pet name is ManHole.

RushBaby on Sept 25,2008 at 10:21PM.

RushBaby: Excellent name,but without going to the sewar,
‘ManHole’ sounds like a useful term,a hem!!haha.
:):)

canopfor on September 25, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Obama hasn`t released his medical records? I`m guessing all those photo ops of him working out and shootin` hoops qualifies as medical records.

ThePrez on September 25, 2008 at 10:35 PM

The chances of surviving melanoma are 100% if you burn it off (liquid nitrogen) or cut it out. Idiots!

BHO won’t release his medical records ’cause, like Clinton, he probably has a bunch of STD’s listed on there.

Mojave Mark on September 25, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Has Obambi release his grades and SAT/LSAT scores yet?

Everyone always talks about how intelligent he is and how much smarter Democrats are than Republicans, why the hesitation to show off? It is almost like their campaign is ashamed of his history…

Just askin’

iconoclast on September 25, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Nice stethoscopes, boys. You really are doctors!

Tzetzes on September 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM

How about we contact the good doctors and let them know the oath doesn’t include smearing good men.

Dr. Noah A. Craft
911 Palms Blvd.
Venice, Ca 90291
310-822-9307

Dr. Michael Fratkin
241 W. Hawthorn St.
Eureka, Ca. 95501
707-268-0669

Google is a wonderful thing.

BacaDog on September 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Now would be the optimum time for someone to come out with Rezko ads, and Calling Obama a Sell OUT..

Obama SOLD OUT his own constituants in Chicago to a slumlord Tony Rezko in 1997, the slumlord would not heat the building but he could pay Barack Obama Hush Money and Campaign Cash, Obama didn’t seem to care about the people freezing in the cold winter of 1997 in his own district, but he did cre about getting paid! He kept taking sweet heart campaign cash from this slumlord for years after this and he kept keeping his mouth shut about Rezko’s shady deals!

Obama one Big Sell OUT

BTW, Obama also has two Friends Franklin Raines and Jim Johnson that gave him bribes, hush money and campaign cash the FBI is now investigating their businesses in connection to the bailout on wall street.. It isn’t a bailout, Obama SOLD YOU OUT.

Chakra Hammer on September 25, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Has Obambi release his grades and SAT/LSAT scores yet?

Just askin’

iconoclast on September 25, 2008 at 10:39 PM

You’re not the only one asking: Obama’s classmate from Columbia (and fellow presidential candidate) is wondering aloud where Obama was hiding while at Columbia, the university he won’t talk about. In fact, he’s offering a million dollars to see Obama’s grades.

Tzetzes on September 25, 2008 at 10:47 PM

McCain has had cancer four times…

And he beat it each time. And guess what? If he gets cancer a fifth time, he’ll beat it again. He’s one tough, battered old bird and just the man we need in the White House!

CliffHanger on September 25, 2008 at 10:50 PM

How odd that this hasn’t received any press at all….just kidding. Of course this will be buried along with tailgunner Joe’s foot in mouth moments (how does that guy walk??).

Hussein doesn’t need a transcript…that halo around his head symbolizes both purity and intelligence. Didn’t you know?

iconoclast on September 25, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Bishop on September 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM

And as a black man, Barack could be shot while pumping gas. At least that’s what Michelle Obama said.

wise_man on September 25, 2008 at 10:51 PM

What is the difference between Enron and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac? The guys at Enron were convicted…

iconoclast on September 25, 2008 at 10:54 PM

“Brave New PAC”–
Propagandists
Against
Capitalism

jgapinoy on September 25, 2008 at 11:00 PM

The Dean brothers are malignant!!

alwaysright43 on September 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM

I think a good tactic would be to offend older voters while appearing cool to younger voters.

I’m not sure about the turnout rates for these two demographics, but it seems like a pretty good idea, that maybe hasn’t been tried before.

Winning strategy.

Dorvillian on September 25, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Doesn’t this qualify as Swift Hearse-ing?

Laurence on September 25, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I’d vote for a candidate with skin cancer over one with no brain any day.

JellyToast on September 25, 2008 at 11:32 PM

radjah shelduck on September 25, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Really… What are the chances that their mother dropped both of them on their heads?

Claypigeon on September 26, 2008 at 2:39 AM

YES, Obama’s team is terminally sick:

FROM

SEE
“Missouri Sheriffs & Top Prosecutors Form Obama ‘Truth Squads’ & Threaten Libel Charges Against Obama Critics”

“St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce and St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch are threatening to bring libel charges against those who speak out falsely against Barack Obama.”

“KMOV aired a story last night, that stated that St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch and St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, both Obama supporters, are threatening to bring criminal libel charges against anyone who levels what turns out to be false criticisms of their chosen candidate for President.”

___________________________

FROM

Barack Obama’s campaign is trying to silence the National Rifle Association’s latest ad campaign using strong arm tactics by threatening them with possible legal action if they run the ads:

“Failure to prevent the airing of ‘false and misleading advertising’ may be “probative of an underlying abdication of licensee responsibility” Cosmopolitan Broad. Corp v. FCC, 581 F.2d 917, 927 (D.C. Cir. 1978).”

So basically, stop running NRA’s ads, or your broadcast license could be in jeopardy.

This is Chicago politics at its “finest” – if you can’t win fair, win dirty.

This is not how a free society is supposed to function.

Obama is not the kind of man I want leading my country.

Lockstein13 on September 26, 2008 at 3:15 AM

Thanks to Democrats, I grow less fond of the First Amendment every day I live.

Ronnie on September 26, 2008 at 3:42 AM

Actually its close to seventy years of liberalism that has damaged our country and allowed the scum that made this piece of filth to surface.

dogsoldier on September 26, 2008 at 6:03 AM

If Republicans want to be as tasteless as this ad, how about one of Barry smoking and questioning if his lungs are healthy and can handle the pressure of being President.

deedledee on September 26, 2008 at 7:01 AM

I’m sure this approach works really well with cancer survivors that continue to live, love, work and better themselves in the face of tough odds. My mother is one.

The Dean gene wouldn’t understand that type of moxie. They both seem to have allied themselves with the party of losers, so how would they even understand?

Hening on September 26, 2008 at 7:58 AM

Has anyone looked at Obama’s eyes lately. When did he go off drugs?

davod on September 26, 2008 at 8:01 AM

Brought to you by “Brave New Path”….Aldous Huxley and “Brave New World” have never been more meaningful. Socialism is on the march. 1984 and Brave New World are the blueprints for the Democrat Socialists in the U.S… Jimmy Dean is as classy and bright as his retard brother. Yeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

adamsmith on September 26, 2008 at 8:26 AM

Dr. Noah A. Craft
[redacted]
Dr. Michael Fratkin
[redacted]

Google is a wonderful thing.

BacaDog on September 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Umm, how ’bout we NOT put their addresses up, ’cause that makes Hot Air look like it’s inciting bad behavior, but instead just post the Google link, since that’s publicly available information anyway?

Just sayin’…
Oh, and even though one of those docs is near my neighborhood, I don’t think I want to become his patient…

Mary in LA on September 26, 2008 at 1:08 PM

You would think the nation should be concerned that there are one and a half zillion Mohammedans who will want Obama’s head if it comes out he jumped ship on the most beautiful organization in the world.

BL@KBIRD on September 26, 2008 at 4:54 PM