Pakistani president to Palin: You’re hot

posted at 5:47 pm on September 24, 2008 by Allahpundit

I guess the meeting went well.

On entering a room filled with several Pakistani officials this afternoon, Palin was immediately greeted by Sherry Rehman, the country’s Information Minister.

“And how does one keep looking that good when one is that busy?,” Rehman asked, drawing friendly laughter from the room when she complimented Palin.

“Oh, thank you,” Palin said.

Pakistan’s recently-elected president, Asif Ali Zardari, entered the room seconds later. Palin rose to shake his hand, saying she was “honored” to meet him.

Zardari then called her “gorgeous” and said: “Now I know why the whole of America is crazy about you.”

“You are so nice,” Palin said, smiling. “Thank you.”

A handler from Zardari’s entourage then told the two politicians to keep shaking hands for the cameras.

“If he’s insisting, I might hug,” Zardari said. Palin smiled politely.

How many women can boast of being hit on by a guy who spent yesterday warning her country’s military to stay out of his way? Ah well. After the hard day she’s had with her son shipping out and being damned with faint praise by prominent Republicans, any compliment is a nice compliment.

Consider this your open thread for the Couric interview. 6:30 ET on CBS.

Update: I’m remiss in not linking the boss’s post this morning on the Jann Wenner offensive against Palin. How bad is it? This bad:

Palin is a symbol of everything that is wrong with the modern United States. As a representative of our political system, she’s a new low in reptilian villainy, the ultimate cynical masterwork of puppeteers like Karl Rove. But more than that, she is a horrifying symbol of how little we ask for in return for the total surrender of our political power. Not only is Sarah Palin a fraud, she’s the tawdriest, most half-assed fraud imaginable, 20 floors below the lowest common denominator, a character too dumb even for daytime TV — and this country is going to eat her up, cheering her every step of the way. All because most Americans no longer have the base energy to do anything but lie back and allow ourselves to be jacked off by the calculating thieves who run this grasping consumer paradise we call a nation…

…She appeared to be completely without shame and utterly full of shit, awing a room full of hardened reporters with her sickly-sweet line about the high-school-flame-turned-hubby who “five children later,” is “still my guy.” It was like watching Gidget address the Reichstag.

Read the whole post, as it ends with a dynamite exit question.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Mark1971 on September 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Dude, you need to get out more.

m064404 on September 24, 2008 at 8:12 PM

She’s great fun, and the Pak dink is going to have the IslamoNazis that he is pandering to lined up in trucks to blow him up for ogling her.

Fair enough. The next guy won’t shoot at our drones and troops when they cross the border to kill jihadis shitheads.

Jaibones on September 24, 2008 at 8:33 PM

Someone should develop a blog to chronicle the mental breakdown of the left following the election of McCain/Palin.

The insurgency will start immediately and there will be soooo many delicious examples.

moxie_neanderthal on September 24, 2008 at 8:40 PM

I’m seriously considering not turning on the tv for the next 45 days… I’m getting whiplash and major anxiety with how everything changes every 5 minutes and all the handwringing…I’ll just read HA

I think Sarah must be exhausted…a month ago she was running Alaska with a staff…now she is responsible for singlehandedly saving McCain’s campaign…she is in two different states every day…she is trying to avoid all the traps and landmines being laid for her to step in by a MSM that has taken the mask off and is showing her hourly how much it despises her…she knows how her candidacy has affected all of us and how high our hopes are with her in now…how does she handle it?! I think she is doing great…I am impressed that she hasn’t deteriorated or lost her cool and said this isn’t worth it… I’m sure after Gibson she was wary especially of Couric as it seems that liberal women have been especially vicious… So much on this woman’s shoulders and she doesn’t quit or buckle…so she can do almost no wrong with me…She is me! (though my youngest is autistic) and now I know who hates me too… I will act accordingly i.e. never ever buy US again…and much more… God bless and protect Sarah Palin

CCRWM on September 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM

I am a resident of Texas. Today I received a free version of Rollingstone magazine in the mail (with my name). I have never subscribed to the magazine. I have only ever subscribed to the Economist and the Wall Street Journal. The headline at the top (with a cover of Metallica) says “The Lies of Sarah Palin” — inside a hit piece.

Since the guy that owns the magazine is an Obama supporter – is this legal, so close to an election?

Regards,
Jason

Question: Where did they get the mailing list?

aengus on September 24, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Don’t these Pakistanis have wives?

jgapinoy on September 24, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Man, that Jann Weiner guy is one nasty, hateful POS. Must suck to be so hate filled all the time. I hope McCain wins if for no other reason than to see likes of this tool and his ilk’s heads explode.

Big John on September 24, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Hey. Aren’t muslims from that part of the world only interested in child brides?

madmonkphotog on September 24, 2008 at 9:42 PM

aengus on September 24, 2008 at 8:50 PM

send it back with return to sender. They get stuck with the bill

unseen on September 24, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Palin Power is all over the place!

Sultry Beauty on September 24, 2008 at 10:33 PM

she is in two different states every day…she is trying to avoid all the traps and landmines being laid for her to step in by a MSM that has taken the mask off and is showing her hourly how much it despises…

That’s what I love about Palin- she’s both a great hero and even a greater victim! If only she could act like a big girl and confront the press instead of hiding from tough questions. Isn’t the media essential to a democracy functioning properly? You’d think she was running for the politburo, not the vice presidency given her aversion to speaking with the press.

bayam on September 24, 2008 at 10:37 PM

oy, i just caught some footage of the interview on youtube. they really need to teach her to be more natural and not to keep repeating talking points. i actually felt pain!

anna on September 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM

An honest press is essential to democracy, not the propaganda machine that the press has become.

Rose on September 24, 2008 at 11:09 PM

when couric asked her about specific regulation legislation proposed by john mccain, why couldn’t she mention his 2005 proposal? what kind of an answer is, i’ll dig some up and get back to you?! ugh. mitt would’ve known what to say.

anna on September 24, 2008 at 11:16 PM

I’ll just read HA

CCRWM on September 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM

That’s basically all I do, and believe me, the whiplash is still an issue. :-)

csdeven on September 25, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Time to show him how moose hunting is done.

Captain America on September 25, 2008 at 12:18 AM

This prime minister is as buggy as Crazy Joe Biden.

Captain America on September 25, 2008 at 12:19 AM

bayam on September 24, 2008 at 10:37 PM

That question alone would be enough to expose you as a left-winger. The answer is, “Not quite.” Freedom of the press is essential. That hardly means that anyone who is a member of the press is essential. I seriously doubt Hollywood gossip columnists, for example, play a major role.

theregoestheneighborhood on September 25, 2008 at 12:48 AM

“Where are all the white women at?”

ScottMcC on September 25, 2008 at 1:04 AM

Have to admit, that Zardari bloke has good taste.

promachus on September 25, 2008 at 1:28 AM

Maybe they can go out and shoot a few AQ together?

MarkTheGreat on September 25, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Palin Power is all over the place!

Sultry Beauty on September 24, 2008 at 10:33 PM

I went to the site you linked to. Thank you for linking it. It made my day!!!
__________

RJGatorEsq. on September 25, 2008 at 8:05 AM

bayam on September 24, 2008 at 10:37 PM

So you drank the MSM Kool-aid…

The media are only a means to have informed citizens. The MSM act like paid propagandists, and have become irrelevant.

Thanks to YouTube, nobody needa to watch their shows. All the good parts are online, linked from HA and other bolgs.

Right_of_Attila on September 25, 2008 at 8:30 AM

Can’t wait until she’s VP– she’ll really have the Muslim world in a tizzy–

Arab leader: Oh, your eyes.. they are like deep pools of oil!
SP: Naughty! Now, about that oil, would you do one little favor for me?
AL: Anything! You are like Sheherezad! Like that 9 year old girl that Mohammed married– Ayesha, or whatever her name was!
SP: And your musky odor is so… so very masculine! In a camel kind of way… Now, now, take that hand back! And sign this lil’ old agreement, would you?
AL: I sign! I sign!
SP: Here, use my pen! Thanks! Oops! Gotta go see Putin.
AL: Wait! Will I see you again?
SP: Inshallah! [leaves]
AL: [to flunky] What did I sign, Abdul?
Flunky: Uh, something about “free oil,” Excellency… Also, the Americans just purchased our State Bank for $6.75, and it looks like we’ve agreed to provide Israel with a military base next to our capital…

morganfrost on September 25, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Can’t wait until she’s VP– she’ll really have the Muslim world in a tizzy–

Arab leader: Oh, your eyes.. they are like deep pools of oil!
SP: Naughty! Now, about that oil, would you do one little favor for me?
AL: I sign! I sign!
SP: Here, use my pen! Thanks! Oops! Gotta go see Putin.
AL: Wait! Will I see you again?
SP: Inshallah! [leaves]
AL: [to flunky] What did I sign, Abdul?

morganfrost on September 25, 2008 at 9:35 AM

OMG…ROFL.

Pulchritudinous Patriot on September 25, 2008 at 9:39 AM

We have to go read this Allah, to get to the exit question? Oh geez … ok … can consider it homework I guess.

Aylios on September 25, 2008 at 12:14 PM

All of you are missing the usual Islamic double standard here. Had President Clinton (or Bush, or McCain, or Obama) hit on Zardari’s late wife St Benazir, in the crude manner that Zardari hit on Palin, or even greeted her in the normal manner that Western women are greeted by Western men, they’d have been denounced in Pakistan and the rest of the ummah as having loose morals. However, it’s okay for Zardari to behave like a scumbag with Palin.

I know, I know, Palin’s been getting bad press (what’s new for Conservatives?), and one wishes to see a silver lining somewhere, but trust me – Islamic women-impregnators hitting on her is not where it’s to be found. Zardari would have done well to treat Palin with the same ‘respect’ that members of the ummah claim to treat their women (and I’m not thinking wife-beating, polygamy, 1/2 rights, misogyny here).

Pakistan is an enemy. Under Musharraf and Zardari’s late wife Bhutto, they were taquiyya practitioners, while with Zardari, with the (long overdue) US incursions into Pakistan, it’s a little harder for them to maintain the taquiyya line. Palin should have told him that all his flattery wouldn’t stop US from going after Jihadis created by his late wife, since Pakistan has emphatically proven that they’d rather fight Americans than fellow Mohammedans.

infidelpride on September 25, 2008 at 1:00 PM