Campbell Brown: McCain’s a sexist for keeping Palin hidden away from the media

posted at 10:18 am on September 24, 2008 by Allahpundit

I can’t tell if she’s serious or just having fun with the campaign by slyly turning their bad-faith accusations of sexism (in her opinion) around on them. She seems serious, but she also usually seems rational, which means she can’t possibly believe that it’s Palin’s delicate femininity and not her greenness on national policy that has Team Maverick eager to keep her away from press ambushes. Not even the nutroots, as far as I’ve seen, has spun the media brownout that stupidly and/or disingenuously.

But since she wants a debate about sexism, what’s with the assumption here about Palin being locked away against her will like Rapunzel in some campaign tower? Absent any evidence to the contrary, we can only assume she’s chosen to go along with this approach. You’re pro-choice, Campbell, aren’t you?

Comments

Her husband is a sound and intelligent republican. What does he see in her?

Clearly, he didn’t marry her for her brain capacity.

alteredbeat on September 24, 2008 at 12:48 PM

she aint hot either

Roger Waters on September 24, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Oh brother…or sister, sorry. Don’t want to be a sexist.

What’s the matter Campbell? You media buddies found out your married to pro-Iraq War “neo-con” and Fox contributor Dan Senor and the ribbing is getting to be too much and party invites are drying up?

That’s fine but don’t make a pandering fool of yourself with dumb arguments like this one.

RobCon on September 24, 2008 at 12:57 PM

O/T,Katie has an interview with SarahCuda,tonight?

canopfor on September 24, 2008 at 1:04 PM

She bears strong resemblance to that Heather Mallick creature. shudder

funky chicken on September 24, 2008 at 1:16 PM

It’s nowhere near 20%. More like 3.5%, Captain Internet.
Dave Rywall on September 24, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Actually oil is 40% of all energy sources in the US. 20% of that would be 8%. Which is like twice as much as 3.5%, Corporal Internet.

I think a reasonable person would agree that 20% of the 99% of oil consumed by US automobiles is no ‘drop in the bucket’.

I HAD NO IDEA CRUDE OIL IS THE ONLY ENERGY AMERICA PRODUCES
Dave Rywall on September 24, 2008 at 12:19 PM

cute. Let me have a go..
I HAD NO IDEA THAT ANYTHING COULD RUN ON CRUDE OIL, ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT IT HAD TO BE REFINED. I’VE BEEN WASTING MONEY ON HIGH DOLLAR MOTOR OIL WHEN I COULD HAVE BEEN PURCHASING THE RAW MATERIAL.
BECAUSE ALL OF MY LIGHTS AND TVS ARE POWERED BY 40 WEIGHT MOTOR OIL AND MY CELL PHONE RUNS ON 2 STROKE MOTOR OIL.
I’M GOING TO BLOG PRAY ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW.

neal7 on September 24, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I have to thank CNN for putting this … woman … on the air. I’m going to have my son watch her videos as a way to teach him exactly what kind of girl/woman he should avoid dating.

like the plague. it’s too late for Campbell Brown and Heather Mallick’s husbands. But it isn’t too late for my son.

funky chicken on September 24, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I also have to thank John McCain and Allahpundit for bringing this loathsome person to my attention. I never would have seen video of her if McCain hadn’t cancelled his CNN appearance in protest of how she treated his spokesman. I don’t watch all that many of the videos, but my curiosity was piqued by the McCain cancellation.

What a female dog she is. I also found out that Campbell Brown is often featured on the CNN for kids broadcast that they use in my daughter’s social studies class. ugh…but, again, thanks to John McCain and Allahpundit, I had a substantive discussion about female bullying and media bias with my child.

funky chicken on September 24, 2008 at 1:26 PM

I HAD NO IDEA CRUDE OIL IS THE ONLY ENERGY AMERICA PRODUCES
Dave Rywall on September 24, 2008 at 12:19 PM

cute. Let me have a go..
I’M GOING TO BLOG PRAY ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW.

neal7 on September 24, 2008 at 1:18 PM
——-

The direct quote repeated over and over by McBush/Lipstick has been Alaska “produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy”

Didn’t say oil, didn’t say crude. Said energy.

They’re wrong, you’re wrong. Bye bye now.

Dave Rywall on September 24, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Makes no sense. The media rails about Palin, but they’ve done a horrible job covering Obama in a balanced way. Moreover, Obama is the one who should be shielding his gaffe-tastic running mate from the media!

budorob on September 24, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Classic Allahpundit

Baphomet on September 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Well, what does Campbell expect when the Obamedia delivers questions to her that are just like hand grenades?

Christine on September 24, 2008 at 2:07 PM

The direct quote
Dave Rywall on September 24, 2008 at 1:30 PM

The direct quote where she talks about overseeing the oil and gas development in Alaska as chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission?
I can see how that would be confusing.

no, YOU said crude.

I HAD NO IDEA CRUDE OIL IS THE ONLY ENERGY AMERICA PRODUCES
Dave Rywall on September 24, 2008 at 12:19 PM

You seem to think that everyone is so void of basic intelligence that we believe hydro and nuclear energy are derived from oil and gas in Alaska.
From an entire 4 minutes of research, it appears that Palin was getting the figure from Resource Development Council for Alaska, Inc.
And their numbers were admittedly dated. Alaska’s production has dropped off from the 20% to 15%in recent years. The site has now been updated.
So her big whopper of a lie turns out to be a mistake of trusting these stats were current. After all the production had averaged 20% for a 20 year period, and is currently 15%.

neal7 on September 24, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Brown blew a head gasket the day Palin was chosen and seems to lose all sensibilities when Palin’s name even comes up. CNN and Brown are completely unwatchable, the rabid media is out of control with unmitigated bias that should be obvious unfortunately many people fall for this so-called news as legit.

Tobias2012 on September 24, 2008 at 6:13 PM