Alcee Hastings: Anyone who hunts moose “don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks”

posted at 4:16 pm on September 24, 2008 by Allahpundit

From a man who’s no stranger to abject disgrace comes one of the purest examples of racial demagoguery we’ve seen from either side during this very long campaign, duly laughed at and applauded by the same group that worked so hard last week to get Palin disinvited from the anti-Iran rally. His party will love him for it, I assure you.

Rep. Alcee Hastings told an audience of Jewish Democrats Wednesday that they should be wary of Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin because “anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks.”

“If Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention,” Rep. Alcee Hastings of Florida said at a panel about the shared agenda of Jewish and African-American Democrats Wednesday. Hastings, who is African-American, was explaining what he intended to tell his Jewish constituents about the presidential race. “Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through,” Hastings added as the room erupted in laughter and applause.

Also on the panel: Steve Cohen, who was himself viciously demagogued by a fellow “progressive” not long ago yet who apparently couldn’t open his mouth to say anything here except to muse very stupidly about Jesus’s political leanings. Which isn’t even the stupidest thing he’s had to say about Jesus this month.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

oh dear God.

HA HA HA HA!!!

Roger Waters on September 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM

disgusting.

ctmom on September 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM

This guy needs to lose his job!

NOW!

Chakra Hammer on September 24, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Said the corrupt, impeached former judge.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 24, 2008 at 4:18 PM

I wish those evil Republicans would stop trying to distract from the issues with talk about race and religion. Oh wait, that’s the Democrats doing that.

D0WNT0WN on September 24, 2008 at 4:18 PM

as the room erupted in laughter and applause.

The nuts in The View’s audience would’ve done the same thing.

jgapinoy on September 24, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Democrats. The true party of racism and bigotry.

Skywise on September 24, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Roger Waters on September 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Alcee sounds like you’re kinda guy, Roger.

thirteen28 on September 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM

I’m not sure what ‘Stripping Moose’ is. Not sure if I wanna. Is it sorta like ‘baggin snipe’?

cntrlfrk on September 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM

And I thought I was plumb outta shock.

Citizen Duck on September 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Where’s a purely recreational waterboarding crew when you need one?

AubieJon on September 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM

What an Ahole.

toliver on September 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM

What a fucking disgrace. Hideous and disgusting.

Also, does that mean Hastings thinks Jews and blacks are lower than moose? “If she does that to moose, imagine what she’d do to something like a Jew or a black.

Hideous.

Abby Adams on September 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Hmmm…Isn’t that pretty much what BO said to those wealthy SF snobs about rural Pennsylvanians?

jgapinoy on September 24, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Imagine if a Republican had equated moose, one of the most homely creatures in the woods, with Jews or blacks. The cries of racism would be thermonuclear.

Slublog on September 24, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Said the corrupt, impeached former judge.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 24, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Yep.

Spirit of 1776 on September 24, 2008 at 4:21 PM

“Anybody toting guns

So an elected official campaigning for Obama has effectively stated that his party is against anyone “toting” (i.e., owning and/or using) guns. It’s good to see them confirming that.

Nosferightu on September 24, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Abby Adams on September 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Whoops… forgot to censor myself there… my apologies. This disgusts me, and I typed too fast.

Abby Adams on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

I’d say, “more, please – it can only help the Republican ticket in the end,” but 1) there’s a chance that these people could win, and see their victory as an endorsement of their demented approach to politics, and 2) there’s really no place for this vile insanity in either party, or in American political life. If Obama had started denouncing this kind of thing months ago, instead of seeking to exploit it, there wouldn’t be so much of it cropping up amongst his supporters.

They really must be defeated, them and all their trolls.

CK MacLeod on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

WTF!?! I can not believe some of these people. That is a racial statement and it is slanderous.

mindhacker on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

This guy needs to lose his job!

NOW!

Chakra Hammer on September 24, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Too Late. Dude’s impeached.

BKennedy on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

“Alcee sounds like you’re kinda guy, Roger.

thirteen28 on September 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM”

o really 13? You think he voted republican in the last 4 presidential elections? sure thing dude. He reminds me of you though…pretty dumb.

*eats* <== I dont know what that means, but what the hell

Roger Waters on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Google his name: Hastings was caught dead-to-rights accepting bribes, and kicked off the federal judiciary by Congress, with an overwhileming majority of Dems in Congress voting to impeach and remove him.

Alcee Hastings is a proven liar, fraud and all-around POS. You can listen to the transcripts of him using an obvious code to arrange payments from mobbed-up defendants

McCain needs to ran an ad showing Obama and Hastings

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Why didn’t he just bring up James Byrd again while he was at it?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 24, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Another case of “I’m John McCain, and I approved this ad.” Sarah the Sportswoman vs. old sourpuss. Gee, wonder how it plays in Colorado….

Marcus on September 24, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Haha what a fool.

Dash on September 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM

I hope they were laughing at her not with her.

crr6 on September 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Somebody needs to make a compilation of all the crass crap these a$$holes have spewed out their mouths and just run it over and over and over.

justincase on September 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Rezko-Obama selling out the poor. Nuff said.

Chakra Hammer on September 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Allll Abooooarrrrrrd!!

Barry’s ‘Under-The-Bus’ Bus!!!

Better get on Alcee, it’s fillin’ up!!

cntrlfrk on September 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Frank Raines-Obama selling out America

Chakra Hammer on September 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Too Late. Dude’s impeached.

BKennedy on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

he WAS, but the enlighted voters of his south Florida district elected him to the House of Reps–several times

the worst & ugliest form of Affirmative Action…….

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM

If the country starts sliding off the cliff, can we let a few loose screws like Hastings test the water for us before we put on the brakes?

Terrie on September 24, 2008 at 4:26 PM

And I thought republicans were evil.

Shoot, I joined the wrong party!

pt on September 24, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Scare-mongering is funny!

Tony737 on September 24, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Oh sweet lord.

And this is who Pelosi wanted for Intelligence Committee Chairman?!

CP on September 24, 2008 at 4:26 PM

That proves the man is completely stupid. Low IQ. I’m not stuttering.

Oink on September 24, 2008 at 4:26 PM

I hope they were laughing at her not with her.

crr6 on September 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM

troll alert

a typical lame, stupid insult from a lame stupid wanker

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Too Late. Dude’s impeached.

BKennedy on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Oh.. well.. what the hell.. why does he got a microphone?

Chakra Hammer on September 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Democrats. The true party of racism and bigotry.
Skywise on September 24, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Yep. This has been so clearly demonstrated during this election cycle that I don’t see how any rational person could disagree.

Bugler on September 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Oh.. well.. what the hell.. why does he got a microphone?

Chakra Hammer on September 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM

he’s a U.S. Congressman.

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM

If you hunt moose you hate Jews and Blacks? I guess I am missing something there.

Mr. Joe on September 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Moose trumps ‘apes & pigs’?

Only in America.

Race pimp.

locomotivebreath1901 on September 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Non-sequitor much? It must be so frustrating for these people that the Republicans don’t run a member of the KKK.

Oh wait…that’s a Democrat.

capitalist piglet on September 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM

What a moron.

Terrye on September 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Alcee Hastings…….mental pygmy!!! I guess he’s the brightest the left/socialists have!

grapeknutz on September 24, 2008 at 4:31 PM

“Stripping” a moose? Unusual choice of words.

Is there some kind of sexist subtext here?

Yes. Yes, I think there is.

WolkingsWorld.com on September 24, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Too Late. Dude’s impeached.

BKennedy on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

I thought that was over his judgeship, was it not? I thought he’d held elective office since then.

Maybe I dreamed that.

capitalist piglet on September 24, 2008 at 4:31 PM

I tried commenting on that CNN blog but my comments weren’t posted. The only ones they posted were virulent anti-Palin ones replete with vicious slanders and lies.

The media has surpassed itself in it’s drive to get Obama elected. There hasn’t been an objective free press for a while in this country but this election they’ve officially become members of the socialist party, er, democrat party.

darwin on September 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Has Alcee ever even seen a moose, let alone have one try and stomp him into a greasy little puddle on the forest floor?

I thought not…

mojo on September 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM

America’s most famous game hunter was a true Progressive, pro-Jew and pro-black. I guess Hastings knows more about bribery than history.

calbear on September 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM

What a maroon.

backwoods conservative on September 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM

They really must be defeated, them and all their trolls.

CK MacLeod on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Ditto! And why people cannot look at these assertions and say to themselves, “Why in the world would we want a candidate that has people like this endorsing him?” Guilt by association should apply. And Democrats that have recently been called racists by their own party members, should contemplate these kinds of comments and be horrified at where their party is being taken by Obama, McCaskill, Reid, Pelosi, Dean, Soros, et al by constantly slamming people based on insults and slander.

freeus on September 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM

I wonder what would be the response if a Republican said something like this about a Democrat.

tarpon on September 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM

“Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through.”

Interesting view into the mind of a nutjob. Alcee Hastings doesn’t think Jews and blacks are people; he views Jews and blacks no differently than moose or other animals.

Tom Blogical on September 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM

So hunting Moose is the same as killing blacks and Jews? This is bizarro year in politics. I guess identity politics means we get to identify the real not jobs.

petunia on September 24, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Hastings is one stupid ass.

rplat on September 24, 2008 at 4:36 PM

So people who own or carry firearms don’t care much about blacks or Jews?

I guess Senator Jim Webb (D) is a Jew/black hater seeing as he carries a handgun.

darwin on September 24, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Wasn’t this clown removed from the bench?

darwin on September 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Here we go again. You owe me for slavery to my people. Not to mention it was their people that sold them into slavery.
It was the Democrats that wanted it and still do.

But they are right. We should have left them in Africa. Oh my they could be making $12.00 year there.

For every dime they give to the poor blacks thay take $100.00 for themselves.

“O” Dumby wants to tax big oil and give you $1,000.00 one time. Hmmm what will he do with the rest over the years.

At $.75 a gal less I can save $1,350.00 a year myself and that would be $13,500.00 after ten years. But to a dumb liberal they think he’s looking out for them. Think of all the crack and coke they could buy.
He is spending 1/2 a Billion just to get another job. You figure out who he’s looking out for.

Rick007 on September 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Moose is kosher. I’d like to eat moose some time.

Alouette on September 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM

And this is who Pelosi wanted for Intelligence Committee Chairman?!

CP on September 24, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Ooops, it escaped me. I thought the name sounded familiar.

Sir Napsalot on September 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM

Maybe I dreamed that.

capitalist piglet on September 24, 2008 at 4:31 PM

he’s a U.S. Congressman from south Florida

and he’s……………..black

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 4:40 PM

troll alert

a typical lame, stupid insult from a lame stupid wanker

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Janos Hunyadi. Question for you.

Why so angry?

crr6 on September 24, 2008 at 4:41 PM

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

WOO HOO!!!! I am gun totting, moose stripping conservative on a mission to KILL MORE … ahh Moose! Yeah that is it!

BWAHHAHAHHAAAA this guy is a freaking nut!

Abby Adams on September 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM

No worries abby… I don’t think anyone really cares.

upinak on September 24, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Guess it is ok to be a judge or a congressman without requiring too much logic.

Where is the connection? “If A leads to B, ….”

Sir Napsalot on September 24, 2008 at 4:44 PM

It’s almost as though HE sees Jews and black people in that light. He has not a shred of evidence to believe Sarah Palin has a racist bone in her body – so where else would he come up with that? Is he self-hating or something?

Yikes.

Yes, and here’s something from his wiki:

A Representative since 1993 and a Democrat, Hastings was a lawyer and judge of the circuit court of Broward County, Florida and of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (1979 to 1989). He was impeached and removed from office for corruption and perjury. He is only the sixth federal judge to be impeached and removed from office in American history.

capitalist piglet on September 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Stop the Madness now, Alcee.

Brat on September 24, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Evidently there are lower standards for blacks, especially democrat blacks, when it comes to rhetoric.

A common and insidious pattern.

LimeyGeek on September 24, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Jew, Moose, Black? What’s the difference?
Apparently not much to a demagogue like him

dentalque on September 24, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Can I call Alcee Hastings a Moose? Would he be offended?

dentalque on September 24, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Remind me again what it was that Trent Lott said? Where is the howls of outrage over this comment. I don’t care if it was made in passing or in front of a group of people in public it is wrong.
Don “Nappy Headed Hoe” Imus could not be reached for comment.

Just A Grunt on September 24, 2008 at 4:51 PM

the worst & ugliest form of Affirmative Action…….

Don’t forget Marion Barry up my way….”the b*tch set me!”

Classic.

ex-Democrat on September 24, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Democrats. The true party of racism and bigotry.

They are the only ones consistently bringing it up.

Athena on September 24, 2008 at 4:53 PM

The fact than anyone, much less a politician, can make these types of statements in public; blatantly dismissing all facts, reason and even simple human decency…

… I am disgusted beyond words.

The fact that this is only one instance of a clearly calculated stream of similar attacks is as astounding as it is appalling.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- for the first time in my life, I am humiliated and disgusted with our society and what it has allowed Democratic party to degenerate into.

Statements like this are inexcusable. I guess that Racism Week continues and is gaining audacity.

Damiano on September 24, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Just when you thought that democrats weren’t going to sink any lower ….

I agree, Damiano. Disgusted beyond words.

wise_man on September 24, 2008 at 4:58 PM

From a guy convicted of bribery, purjury and racketeering…

SuperCool on September 24, 2008 at 5:00 PM

[Note: I am Jewish] So this begs the question: Is there a Jew-hunting season? If so, does this mean that Mr. Hastings wants to have one so that Dems can raise revenue by charging for a Jew-hunting license? In all seriousness, how could any Jew vote for omuhamma and his pro-Palestinian leanings?

COHawk12 on September 24, 2008 at 5:00 PM

This is what makes them the craziest. She hunts! She kills animals and eats them! Surley such a person is filled with hatred and all sorts of horrible things.

This is how far liberals have traveled away from the real America. They live in cloistered cities, most of which have gun control laws so they have never met anyone who actually owns a gun; they get their meat from Whole Foods and have no idea where it actually comes from, nor do they respect the people who actually grow it and kill it so they can eat it.

There is a culture war in America and Sarah Palin has shown it in high relief.

rockmom on September 24, 2008 at 5:00 PM

This is the worst campaign EVAHHHHH!

I am sick of all this stuff…but I still can’t get enough….

I have come to despise OBAMA and his acolytes…And for the second time in my adult life (immediately post 9/11 was first) , I fear for this nation I love, and my kids who I love even more…

It sure does feel like its all slipping away…Its hard enough to fight uphill against Obama one on one, but whem you throw in the press, man its impossible.

joepub on September 24, 2008 at 5:00 PM

upinak on September 24, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Still, I shouldn’t have acted so quickly. So I apologized.

Abby Adams on September 24, 2008 at 5:05 PM

I’m surprised that Alcee didn’t elaborate a bit more, by explaining that moose are brown in color (like blacks), and they have horns (like Jews). Obviously, by shooting them, Sarah Palin has proved, beyond any reasonable doubt, that she is out to get rid of blacks and Jews. I hear she also shoots elk, which, I’m sure, indicates that she’s after hispanics, as well. I believe she also shot a polar bear once, so she’s probably going to kill all the white folks, too.

morganfrost on September 24, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Is Alcee comparing Jews and Blacks to Moose?

Racist!!!!!!!!!!!!

HornetSting on September 24, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Funny but the leftist dems most against gun ownership are the ones most in favor of genocide of Jews and the destruction of Israel, and those African American politicians most anti gun ownership, like Cynthia McKinney, and dare I say, Alcee Hastings, and most members of the Congressional Black Caucus, are also some of the most vicious anti Semites in Congress.
Yet most of the most avid hunters are the most pro Israel, pro Jewish voters.
Seems like we have another Biden moment.

eaglewingz08 on September 24, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Why so angry?

crr6 on September 24, 2008 at 4:41 PM

I’m not angry, troll. I am alterting people that you consistently use stupid juvenile insutls to disrput threads and prevent a discussion among conservative adults

I’ve seen your posts for over two years, and I have never read a construtive or intelligent comment from you–big surprise.

You ARE stupid, and everything else I’ve said about you. You ARE a classic troll, who simply tosses out insults like a child throwing dog sh+t.

So, troll, you get some of your own methodolgy.

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 5:14 PM

So Jews and Blacks are the same as wild life? Who is this person some old Nazi?

When Blacks and Jews are mingled as victimized brothers there can only be an absence of reality brewing since the Black Muslims are not on-board with that. Of course, this is the State of dangling chads and people too stupid to vote.

Hening on September 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Sounds like a plan to me, got room for one more?

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on September 24, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Grue, Roger Waters is now using your “eats” tag. What do Roger Waters eat?

HornetSting on September 24, 2008 at 5:20 PM

I’m Jewish. I read Alcee Hastings’ comment as a equation of Jews and Black people to animals. Pure hate speech.

uptight on September 24, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Spoken like a true convicted felon…

d1carter on September 24, 2008 at 5:21 PM

So, troll, you get some of your own methodolgy.

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Interesting. I’ve read your posts for over a year as well, and you have always struck me as one of the most intellectually vapid, reactionary and frankly racist posters here. Trust me that’s quite an accomplishment.

he’s a U.S. Congressman from south Florida

and he’s……………..black

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Seriously what is up with this cr*p? Did you miss the “don’t be racist” class in kindergarten? You really seem like one of those angry guys who lost a job to a black man not because of affirmative action…but because you’re an idiot. Instead of addressing your idiocy you proceeded to blame specters such as “liberals”, “affirmative action” and black people in general. Nearly all of your posts on anything remotely race-related reek of a kind of thinly veiled frustration and anger towards people different then you. You’re like a parody of an angry white conservative. So once again…what happened to you as a kid? Why so angry?

crr6 on September 24, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Janos Hunyadi. Question for you.

Why so angry?

crr6 on September 24, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Crr6, Janos thinks you’re insulting Palin.

Alcee Hastings is a man, not a woman.

Esthier on September 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Hmmm..Mr Hastings must be feeling a bit shortchangedNow he wants to merge Jews and Blacks.

Speakup on September 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Trailer trash [of the darker-skinned kind].

What, you thought only white people could be trailer trash? You need to get out more!

freedom_nut on September 24, 2008 at 5:26 PM

crr6 on September 24, 2008 at 5:22 PM

All you ever do, troll, is attack conservative posters and conversatives in general with name-calling and pop psychology. That’s all you’ve done here.

Toss out ‘racist’, etc. And lie, of course: I never blamed Hastings or Black people for anything. I Do blame liberals–including dumb ones like you–for a lot of things, and you are guilty as charged

Your interest in my childhood REEKS of pedophilia

Janos Hunyadi on September 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Still, I shouldn’t have acted so quickly. So I apologized.

Abby Adams on September 24, 2008 at 5:05 PM

It’s good that you apologized.

Though I think we can all relate. This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read yet.

Esthier on September 24, 2008 at 5:29 PM