Biden on Obama’s e-mail ad: “I thought that was terrible”

posted at 8:51 pm on September 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

Skip ahead to 4:05. For the second time in three days, Greasy Joe proves himself one of America’s most effective anti-Obama advocates.

I hope you appreciate his nuance, at least, in hinting that Obama didn’t approve an ad that ended with “I’m Barack Obama and I approve this message.” Exit question: Who’s surprised that Couric didn’t challenge him when he claimed that Obama never okayed sex education for kindergarteners?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Look at the body language ….

Katie backed into a corner, arms folded most of the time, not much direct eye contact and hands fiddling with neck etc.

Bidden leans forward, arm up on back of seat, leaning in almost winking at Katie when the conversation moves to gender differences.

Any else notice?

MsDollie on September 23, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Palin has the desk stacked against her, (Ifill and Biden Vs. Palin)
I believe it’s impossible for her to win.

Chakra Hammer on September 22, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Oh ye of little faith…

The lower the bar, the easier to clear the hurdle.

I want Iffel to shamelessly go after Palin. I want her to fawn over Biden.

Know why?

The audience for that debate will beat all three presidential debates and a whole lotta people are going to be watching. I want them to see the bias. I want them to see the hatred. I want them to be furios and offended by what they see and hear, because Palin will not break. She won’t crack. She’ll persevere and no matter how the debate’s graded, she’ll win on the only scorecard that counts: the voter’s scorecard.

SuperCool on September 23, 2008 at 1:09 AM

Call me nuts, but I don’t think, “deep down” Biden really likes Obama that much or feels he is truly qualified. I think he likes McCain more, certainly on a personal level at least. You can sort of pick up on it when he makes off the cuff remarks. I don’t think Obama has a strong connection with anyone outside of his family, he is a strange person. Even with a moron like Biden there are times where you can see into his soul a little bit, not so with Obama.

echosyst on September 23, 2008 at 1:39 AM

Greasy Joe = My Stool……… after Sloppy Joe’s, Warm Beer, and a Colon Cleaning pill.

Everything wrong with our Federal Government can be summed up in one word, Democrat.

Seven Percent Solution on September 23, 2008 at 2:04 AM

Well now we have something to compare Katie’s interview with Sarah Palin with.

ctmom on September 23, 2008 at 7:08 AM

“With his fireside chats broadcast to the entire nation, Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1933-1945) was considered to be a master of radio, the predominant broadcast media of his time. But few know that FDR appeared on television as well — the first president ever to do so. The occasion was the New York World’s Fair.

On the evening of April 30, 1939, FDR broadcast a short address to approximately 1,000 viewers then owning television sets. The New York Times reported that the signal was sent by RCA’s mobile TV van to a transmitter atop the Empire State Building and rebroadcast to the tiny television audience. The picture was ‘clear and steady,’ the newspaper added.”

From: Issues of Democracy, Oct. 2000.

AZCoyote on September 23, 2008 at 7:30 AM

Msdollie,

I agree with your body language observation. There is a lot being said there that is under the surface. Like perhaps they have a “history” together. Or perhaps the slime ball came on to her just before the tape was rolling…

jbh45 on September 23, 2008 at 7:38 AM

yeah, look who he’ll be working under. He already doent like his would-be boss, why should we?

johnnyU on September 23, 2008 at 9:24 AM

Couric: “…like, uber careful…”

eh on September 23, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Palin has not committed on single gaffe on the trail while the supposedly experienced Biden has been trotting out one after the other. Who’s better qualified?

promachus on September 23, 2008 at 10:30 AM

AZCoyote on September 23, 2008 at 7:30 AM

But Biden said in 1929 president FDR went on the TV…

right2bright on September 23, 2008 at 12:17 PM

I’m waiting to hear Paris Hilton’s take on this. She has more integrity than that white haired dude, and whoever that perky chick he’s talking to is.

Halley on September 23, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Whose side is he on, again?

chiefeditor on September 23, 2008 at 2:06 PM

‘I don’t think that it was intentional; they were trying to make another point’…Sure Joe, and where you goin’ with that gun in your hand?
This was a 2-bucket clip.

Christine on September 23, 2008 at 3:47 PM

I needed two buckets, one for each of them.

Christine on September 23, 2008 at 3:47 PM