Palin rips Democrats over Iran rally, vows to prevent Iranian nukes

posted at 4:54 pm on September 19, 2008 by Allahpundit

And by “Democrats” she of course does not mean Hillary, even though she’s the most disgraceful player in all of this — and don’t think people haven’t noticed. Thanks to those 18 million voters, Her Majesty can do no wrong.

“This should be an issue that unites all Americans. Iran should not be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons, period,” Palin said at a rally here. “Unfortunately, some Democrat partisans put politics first and now no elected official can appear. This should not be a matter of partisan politics.”…

An Obama campaign spokesman batted away the suggestion, saying they had planned to send a representative to attend the rally…

“John McCain and I are committed to drawing attention to the dangers posed by Iran’s nuclear program,” she said, “and we will not waver in our commitment. I will continue to call for sustained action to prevent Iranian president Ahmadinejad from getting these weapons to launch a second Holocaust.”

If you missed yesterday’s post, the “representative” Obama’s jackass campaign was planning to send was a guy who was in the headlines most recently for calling Palin a closet Nazi. That’s what they had in mind as a show of bipartisan comity in presenting Iran with a united front, which is par for the course with his creepy leftist supporters. Quote:

Some Jewish activists are blaming Hillary Clinton for [the rally's] collapse; in the interview, Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations chief Malcolm Hoenlein blamed board members of some of the organizations involved, and a “vile” campaign by the National Jewish Democratic Council.

“Pressure really grows from the grassroots and from people on their boards. People feel very strongly these days. Irrationally strongly. I can’t even describe to you the kind of reactions and threats that they came under – and intimidation,” Hoenlein said. “It’s rampant. I have never seen an election that has evoked such deep division and response and emotion on the part of people – Jews and non-Jews.”

Here’s the NJDC’s Orwellian statement concluding that Palin’s invitation made the event “partisan” even though Hillary Clinton’s apparently didn’t. Exit question: When exactly did Palin’s commitment to stopping Iran from getting nukes begin? Are there any speeches in her past objecting to it? Writings? Conversational anecdotes? I want to believe.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The Disasta from Alaska wants to deny Iran nuclear weapons? Yawn. So does everyone else. Next. Dave Rywall on September 19, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Wow, Dave. That is sooooo sexy; “Disasta from Alaska”. I’m simply kicking myself that I didn’t think of that. You are so clever. And handsome, too, I bet. You know, you and I should get together. I love a man who cries after sex.

foxforce91 on September 19, 2008 at 11:59 PM

foxforce91 on September 19, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Oh NO you didunt! SNAP!

SouthernGent on September 20, 2008 at 12:10 AM

alwyr on September 18, 2008 at 9:21 PM

alwyr on September 19, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Good post. That has always puzzled me, too.

cjs1943 on September 20, 2008 at 12:21 AM

I just do not get the hatred for this woman. It is beyond the pale. It is as if the haters have lost their minds. Maybe years of hating Bush has left them addicted to paranoia and partisanship.

Terrye on September 19, 2008 at 5:27 PM

They hate Palin for the same reason they hate Bush: either one of them makes liberals look stupid, phony, and impotent no matter what the liberals do or say.

landlines on September 20, 2008 at 1:18 AM

I hope she would go, take a few Republicans, make a rally of their own and protest that Iranian thug anyway. Imagine the message she could send, the Democrats may wimp out but this Republican woman will not.

Please, Sarah, go as an ordinary citizen and protest. Break the monopoly the Left has on the art of protesting.

promachus on September 20, 2008 at 1:35 AM

JEEEEEEEE_SUUUUS this lady sounds shrill.

You betcha, ernesto. Nuclear weapons in the hands of Islamic extremists = YAWN.

Jim Treacher on September 20, 2008 at 7:00 AM

On September 25, five American religious organizations plan to host a Ramadan dinner for Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad during his upcoming visit to the United States. These include the Mennonite Central Committee, the Quakers, the World Council of Churches, and Religions for Peace.

From FrontpageMagazine

WTF?

Disturb the Universe on September 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM

I don’t hate Palin, but I distrust the cult of personality that’s been built around her. You know, when I see Obama’s website logo, it reminds me of a cult symbol. Now the Republicans are doing the same with Palin.

You’re right about one thing- Palin is like Bush in that people love her for her religious values and looks. It seems that the party of Roosevelt and Lincoln has turned its back on individuals of great learning and intelligence- or even Reagan, a prodigious reader.

I’m sure that Palin is a nice lady, but to me she looks like every other politician- and one who as Chuck Hagel says, is not ready for prime time. With an 80 year old in office, the VPs preparedness seems to be a relevant question to ask.

bayam on September 20, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Then let’s let him vacation in Alaska at the same time as ‘Cuda and Dick Cheney … – SD

NO! Are you nuts? Ya want Sarah to get shot by Cheney???

Tony737 on September 19, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Has Cheney got a scope on his shotgun yet?

DarkCurrent on September 20, 2008 at 3:55 PM

I’m sure that Palin is a nice lady

And BO might make a wonderful housewife for Michelle, but I do not want a marxist as pres. I will take John Bolton as aide de camp for Palin for the win …

Benjamin9 on September 20, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Disturb the Universe on September 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM

That’s about right, don’t you think? Democrats, all.

But the Democrats don’t understand why voters rate them 25 points lower on national defense than Republicans.

Jaibones on September 21, 2008 at 4:45 PM