Jack Cafferty: If Obama loses, it’s because of racism

posted at 1:10 pm on September 17, 2008 by Allahpundit

Technically he’s asking, not asserting, but it’s no more an earnest question than the chyrons on Cavuto’s show are. Could it be that McCain is a strong candidate and The One simply hasn’t run a very good general election campaign, as many Dems admit? Nah. The flaw in that theory is that it would legitimize a McCain victory, and we simply can’t have that: It’s an article of leftist faith that not only has no Republican been legitimately elected since Bush I in 1988, no Republican could possibly be legitimately elected after eight years of Bush II. If Maverick pulls it out, there’ll simply have to be an alternative, discrediting explanation. And so here it is, preemptively, just in case there are no Diebold snafus on Election Day to demagogue. Expect much more next month, needless to say, as well as the odd veiled threat or two if McCain holds tight in the polls and the Democrats start to panic. Biden’s and Sebelius’s comments are just the start.

Update: Forgot to mention — stick with it until the end or you’ll miss the viewer hypothetical about how The One, supposedly doomed by racism, might be faring right now with Hillary as his VP.

Comments

Jack Cafferty frightens me.

bridgetown on September 17, 2008 at 2:01 PM

then Maryland is racist for not electing Steele?

The Monster on September 17, 2008 at 1:16 PM

So is Pennsylvania for not electing Lynn Swann.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 17, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Jack, if you really believe that, you are truly a moron!

GFW on September 17, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Why does CNN have this constantly-sour, nasty, sarcastic motherfucker on the air? He’s either mentally unbalanced or he’s wiggling around in his chair like he has to crap his pants. Whatever it is, his tone, his facial expressions and body language are absolutely abhorrent.

There are about a dozen homeless people in the port authority bus terminal – roaming around all day and muttering to themselves – who make more sense than this left-wing tool.

wildweasel on September 17, 2008 at 2:03 PM

So is Pennsylvania for not electing Lynn Swann.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 17, 2008 at 2:01 PM

No of course not he was a sell-out and “not really black”….

//donk

sven10077 on September 17, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Why anyone listens to a hit and run driver mystifies me.

drjohn on September 17, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Ok, I confess… I won’t vote for a socialist, effete, fascist, psuedo-Christian, abortion-loving, earmark-addicted former community thuggery organizing radical-Muslim sympathizer if he’s also half black.

T J Green on September 17, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Why does CNN have this constantly-sour, nasty, sarcastic mfer on the air?
wildweasel on September 17, 2008 at 2:03 PM

As a good business, they give the customer what they want. In this case, regular CNN viewers want to hear from this constantly-sour, nasty, sarcastic mfer as much as they can get.

Apparently.

wise_man on September 17, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Yes, I would absolutely agree to higher taxes, pie-in-the-sky energy solutions, socialized health care, weakening our military… abandon conservative values and embrace liberalism
IF ONLY Obama were white.

Because after all these two candidates are so eerily similar. Hope they have their pictures posted at the polling locations, I just might forget who to vote for. Maybe they can just change the ballot to read “black / white”.

neal7 on September 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Has it occurred to this tool that Republicans are voting Republican and his biggest concern is Democrats and Independents who are NOT voting Democrat, because they’re “racists”? Being neither a Democrat or an Independent, he’s not talking to me. If he thinks he is he is surely a moron.

Marcus on September 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Awww, isn’t that cute. He has an opinion. He thinks he’s people.

Coronagold on September 17, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Okay, now that was funny!

kybowexar on September 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Keep it up liberal MSM, keep it up.

jukin on September 17, 2008 at 2:14 PM

…great…now, riots if he wins…

…another reason to stay out of Chicago…like I needed one….

Puritan1648 on September 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM

It won’t be exclusive to Chicago. NYC, ATL, Detroit, Philly and a host of others.

swami on September 17, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Maybe the voters prefer a young get-it-done woman Governor to a do-nothing black bloviator.

Let’s get Frank Luntz out there to ask: Name ONE of Barack Obama’s achievements in Government.

(long pause)

We’re still waiting.

Talk is Barack,
Action is Mac.

Steve Z on September 17, 2008 at 2:16 PM

If the man had the ideology of Reagan, a sense of humor, a moral compass, independence like McCain, true compassion, a steel will against those who would cause us harm – and just happened to be black – I would vote for him.

Obama has nothing to offer me that I want in a leader and it’s not just because of his DNA.

McCain’s not my perfect choice either, but he’s closer.

tru2tx on September 17, 2008 at 2:17 PM

My t-shirt used to say “Proud infidel”

I guess I need to make one that says “proud racist” and put Obama’s picture on it. I’m sure it wouldn’t cause any controversy.

cannonball on September 17, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Yes, this crtiticism should not bother us at all. It can’t be directed at us since we were not gonna vote for
John edwards, Hillary, Joe Biden etc. WE are conservatives so our vote is not in play.
This shot is intended for Reagan Democrats I guess. I wonder if they even think about the things they say before they say them

kangjie on September 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Not to quibble much AP, and please keep in mind that I was born in 1980, but don’t most of the lefties of whom you speak attribute Reagan’s victory to “slick packaging and distortions” and GHWB flying to Iran on a SR-71 to tell the Mullah’s not to release the hostages?

And Bush 41’s victory to hammering Tankboy with Willie Horton?

Liberals never legitimately lose…it’s always stolen either blatently (ala Bush v Gore) or through distortion/lies (ala every other Rep victory) or both (Bush v Kerry)

Rogue on September 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM

You’d better, when he’s driving around your neighborhood.

Jim Treacher on September 17, 2008 at 1:58 PM

No worries. My neighborhood is very nice, but I don’t live on “billionaire row”.

Entelechy on September 17, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Media that is made up of 90% Democrats doesn’t care about FACTS, only the victory of their side. Cafferty is particular stupid & probably wouldn’t look different with an ice pick stuck through his noggan. Affirmative Action was developed by Democrat Marxist to buy Uncle Toms to lie about them being the party of civil rights.

Max47 on September 17, 2008 at 2:26 PM

What would Cafferty, and his, say if America would elect a conservative black for president?

Entelechy on September 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM

So is Pennsylvania for not electing Lynn Swann.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on September 17, 2008 at 2:01 PM

I don’t like Rendell, but you’d never get me to vote for Lynn Swann. Yikes.

thePajamaPundit on September 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Hit and run anyone else lately Jack?

RobCon on September 17, 2008 at 2:34 PM

“He [McCain] is Washington and very much apart of the George Bush legacy and yet the polls are very close which doesn’t make a lot of sense unless it’s race.”

Think maybe he’s been talking to the Obama campaign much?

Let me give you a clue, Sherlock: I’m opposed to Obama because he’s a hard leftist who not only lacks the experience to run a government, he shows no aptitude for making sensible decisions in any context. To me, electing Obama would be like electing Joe the mail man to President, knowing that Joe’s a Stalinist on his off-hours; it’s not just that I suspect he’d give our sovereignty away to the UN, it’s that I doubt his ability to keep a single truck on schedule, let alone manage the government of the free world.

Oh, yeah, and I supported Alan Keyes in the 2000 primaries, so please don’t tell me I’m not ready for black President.

As usual with liberals, you have to wonder whether they actually believe the nonsense that comes out of their mouths, or whether they’re just lying cynically. I’ve stopped thinking “they actually believe it” constitutes giving them the benefit of the doubt; I hate liars like I hate the plague, but I’d rather deal with a cynical liar than with a self-deluded True Believer of a false religion. At least with the liar, you can appeal to his self-interest.

philwynk on September 17, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Entelechy on September 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM

He would call him Lucifer?

bridgetown on September 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Rogue on September 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Good catch.

They don’t even consider that Nixon was elected honestly, they think he won by manipulating the Democrats’ choice of candidate. The last Republican President that Democrats admit was elected honestly was Eisenhower.

philwynk on September 17, 2008 at 2:39 PM

T J Green on September 17, 2008 at 2:11 PM

brtex on September 17, 2008 at 2:44 PM

philwynk on September 17, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Thank ya, Rush-teenager and all.

Rogue on September 17, 2008 at 2:48 PM

If Obama was white would he have gotten over 90% of the black vote in the Democratic primaries?

What percent of the black vote did Joe Biden get in the Democratic primaries?

albill on September 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM

All the indicators point toward a change in party. People could be in denial all they want but there is a significant number of white liberals/blue dogs and independents that will vote for McCain because he isn’t black. If people have trouble comprehending this it is probably because they don’t interact with people outside of work and home. Much of this country is still either racist or ethnocentric and this goes for all races. I don’t have a statistic, but then again I don’t have a statistic showing that the sky is blue, reoccurance of experience is rather sufficient to me.

Not all people who vote for McCain are racist and not all people who vote for Obama are not racist but considering how close these elections are nowadays, race will be the defining swing vote if McCain is able to pull it out.

LevStrauss on September 17, 2008 at 2:55 PM

What percent of the black vote did Joe Biden get in the Democratic primaries?

albill on September 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM

No he wouldn’t, but on the other side Hillary wouldn’t have gotten 70% of Senior Citizens either.

LevStrauss on September 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM

albill on September 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Also if Obama wasn’t black would he have gotten creamed by 30% in the redneck states after basically locking up the nomination? It wasn’t shots of crown royal that did that.

LevStrauss on September 17, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Reminds me of the accusations of RACISM on American Idol by Elton John and other celebrity idiots when the votes weren’t going to the black contestants. Just a typical liberal, elitist accusation when things don’t go as they hoped – – accuse the American people of being racist.

Rick on September 17, 2008 at 2:59 PM

What Cafferty is actually saying is that if there are enough racist Democrats out there who won’t vote for Obama, Obama will lose. Republicans are going to vote for McCain anyway, racist or not, because he is not a liberal socialist. So, Cafferty is basically calling Democrats racists.

Mibrilane on September 17, 2008 at 3:07 PM

There are people willing to vote for O because he’s black. In many interviews with black voters on TV they admit that’s the real reason they’re voting for O.
So if only black people are voting for him bcs he’s part black & no other reason, then I want to vote for McCain bcs he’s white & I’m white. That’s just lookin’ out for your race, brothuh.
I’m just looking out for us honkeys/crackers by voting white!

Badger40 on September 17, 2008 at 3:11 PM

So, Cafferty is basically calling [some] Democrats racists.

Mibrilane on September 17, 2008 at 3:07 PM

There, fixed it for you.

LevStrauss on September 17, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Badger40 on September 17, 2008 at 3:11 PM

They only voted for him in the primaries because he was black, in the general they will just fall under the same 93-7 Dem-Rep breakdown they always do. Yes race will still be a factor, but if race was removed, party would yield the same results.

LevStrauss on September 17, 2008 at 3:16 PM

So if a any black man runs for any office and is not elected it is racism…it can never be that he is not qualified.
So if Alan Keyes didn’t win election it was because he was black?
Steele lost, must have been because he was black….let me check to see Jack’s rant about Steele losing…let me see…hmmmm…not there…maybe over here….ummmmm, no….gee I just can’t find Jack’s anger at Steele losing because he was black.
Jack, could you send me that transcript?

right2bright on September 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Jack, one other note, didn’t a guy named J.C. Watts win in OK, as the first black senator…I guess Oklahoma couldn’t tell if J.C. was black or not…

right2bright on September 17, 2008 at 3:19 PM

And I will add this: If liberals are a race, then I am a racist…

right2bright on September 17, 2008 at 3:20 PM

right2bright on September 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM

If Alan Keyes was in a close election and the people that usually vote for Keyes’s party uncharacteristically vote for the incumbent party in the face of a slumping economy, an unpopular foreign policy, and most importantly a large disparity in new voter registration in many swing states by Alan’s party then yes I would say race had something to do with it.

LevStrauss on September 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Somebody tell Jacques Chirac to get the hell off of CNN and back to France where he belongs.

bryan2369 on September 17, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Sorry but I disagree, I think people who vote for obama are 100% racist or closet racist. Obama is nothing but an empty suit. He’s spent most of his life with American haters. Takes money from American haters,shows no pride for America, there is not ONE reason to vote for this man WHO BTW has the full support of the TERRORIST!..nuff said.

A vote fore obama is a vote for selling out America.

christene on September 17, 2008 at 3:36 PM

If Obama WINS, it is because of racism! I sat in a restaurant, sometime back. A young, white waiter saw Obama on a nearby TV. He said; It would be SO cool, if we got an African American President and a female Vice President!” Geraldine Ferraro was correct when she said that if he had been a white junior senator from Illinois, nobody would have noticed him.

Of course, then there is the issue of 94% of all blacks voting for Obama. Any racism there???

Star20 on September 17, 2008 at 3:39 PM

“Doesn’t make a lot of sense unless it’s race…”

That would be true, of course, if there were no substantive difference between McCain and Obama on policy. Cafferty, typical MSM kook that he obviously is, still can’t figure out that the average American might actually disagree with Obama on the issues. Like any good liberal, his most fundamental instinct is not to seriously debate the issues, but rather to categorize those who see things differently as motivated by evil, or suffering from some kind of pathology.

morganfrost on September 17, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Cafferty looks like one of the old guys that gets together at the coffee shop to talk about bowel movements…, except I don’t think he has had one in a couple years.

Star20 on September 17, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Me, I AM voting for Keyes. So I guess I’m a racist, too, huh, Jacko?

These morons only make sense if you’re a stark raving wackjob.

MBuck on September 17, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Jack Cafferty: If Obama loses, it’s because of racism

CNN, and Jack Cafferty, a pathetic political hack, that’s nothing but a left wing, mouth piece for the demOrats.

byteshredder on September 17, 2008 at 4:01 PM

“If Obama loses, then it’s because of race…” Yada, yada, yada…

Do those people wish for a civil war?

newton on September 17, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Jack Cafferty….

Logic obviously passed him by.

msipes on September 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Using that logic, Massachusetts gets a “racial pass” because Deval Patrick got elected here!

Alden Pyle on September 17, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Please keep that in mind, angry lefty kooks of all races and colors, when planning places to hold your riots.

Alden Pyle on September 17, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Jack Cafferty is a Living Room Troll. He’s like an internet troll, but in your living room.

jaime on September 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM

It is comical in a twisted sort of way. Everyone who frequents this blog knows who is playing on race. The thought that Obama losing because he is too left wing, picked the wrong running mate, insults America at every turn, and talks down about middle class voters and demeans them when on the left coast while rubbing elbows with those who can afford $30,000 per plate dinner, and most recently worked to undermine a sitting President on foreign affairs, not a single one of thoughts has ever entered Cafferty’s mind.

But that’s not really a suprise. A trip across Cafferty’s mind on the back of a snail takes about half a milisecond.

Hog Wild on September 17, 2008 at 5:27 PM

From American Research Group;
“McCain leads Obama 54% to 38% among white voters (78% of likely voters). Obama leads McCain 88% to 6% among African American voters (11% of likely voters).”

Yep, there sure seems to racism, here!

Star20 on September 17, 2008 at 5:42 PM

It’s the race he ran, not the race he is only half of Jack. Oh, and Jack… you’re an azzhole!

Griz on September 17, 2008 at 6:07 PM

News networks are places driven by stupidity. The very presence of Jack Cafferty at CNN confirms that there isn’t anyone serious in charge there.

Jaibones on September 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM

But he has the ‘listen to me’ forehead.

ok, seriously, what do we want now riots if Obama loses? Is that what we’re gonna play? We’ll I’m not voting for Obama for fear of a riot, sorry. Dont play that crap with me and any blacks out there who plan on looting and all that over the elction loss of Obama, well, just dont. Thats not how to win. Come back and fight with a better guy next time.

johnnyU on September 17, 2008 at 6:33 PM

LevStrauss on September 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Here’s a clue, the southern states are patriotic, conservative people who work for a living and want to cling to their guns and religion. The fact that Obama is a leftist trying to turn the country socialist has nothing to do with his being black. They didn’t vote for Mondale, Dukakis, Kerry or Gore either.

flytier on September 17, 2008 at 7:44 PM

If this country is racist, how come the most popular athletes are Tiger Woods, Michael Jordon, A-Rod not to mention all the other blackathletes that are stars in the NBA, NFL, MLB and any other sport. How many black kids do you see wearing a Payton Manning jersey?

flytier on September 17, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Angry white guilt, thy name is Jack Cafferty…

Facts:
BHO is a socialist and supports socialist policies.
He was raised politically by an angry anti-American pastor.
He has stated that he’s going to slow kill missile defense and Future Combat system. (Those programs that help our troops complete a mission and come home in one piece)
He’s stated that he’s going to weaken our nuclear defense capability.
He’s grossly under qualified for this position.
He’s stated that he’s going to raise taxes.

Any one of these topics disqualified him out of hand. His race, gender or even sexual orientation had or has nothing to do with the fact that the American people are going to summarily defenestrate this candidate. That’s a fact, Jack.

Claypigeon on September 18, 2008 at 12:59 PM