Video flashback: Obama touts experience at nonprofit founded by Ayers

posted at 3:05 pm on September 15, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via Ace, ignore the bad superhero-cartoon soundtrack and focus on The One listing his time at the Annenberg Challenge as a reason to send him to Congress in 2000 (he lost in the primary). Tom Maguire, the rightosphere’s resident Annenberg sleuth, provides a quickie fact check: Contra the video’s assertion, no one’s proved (yet) that Ayers had a hand in hiring Obama but it’s probably a safe bet given his role in founding the institution. Who cares? Why, the media does — or rather, it would if it were Sarah Palin misrepresenting the extent of her relationship with an unrepentant terrorist. Bear that in mind as you segue from the first video to the second, from the ABC debate in April, in which St. Barry conspicuously “forgets” the Annenberg pedigree he touted eight years before when questioned directly about Ayers by Stephanopoulos. Lefty blogger Jeralyn Merritt flagged that at the time as a curious omission. Little did she know.

As always, the shots from Hillary are as smooth and tasty as an ice cream sundae.

Update: Good news. Palin doesn’t have to misrepresent her connections to terrorists; she’s a terrorist by demographic.

Link: Ayres

Comments

The End is Nigh.

forest on September 15, 2008 at 3:09 PM

One man’s terrorist is another man’s political mentor.

JammieWearingFool on September 15, 2008 at 3:13 PM

The ONE, will be number two in the PREZ race..

originalpechanga on September 15, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Too bad nobody in the non-cyber world will ever hear about this.

SOMEBODY has got to get these things on TV.

Elizabetty on September 15, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Well, Gee. Glad I missed out being a terrorist because I live one state away from that hotbed of evil scary rural people of the Pacific Northwest.

One wonders what the people of Portland and Seattle would think of this?

But that’s okay–when all those backwoods terrorists vote instead of blowing up something, unlike your ACORN types, what will you say, miss Inquirer person? Oh, wait–that’s a sexist comment since I didn’t use “Ms.”

Vanceone on September 15, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Carly Fiorina is on Medved ABSOLUTLY RIPPING Obama right now. Blood in the water. Mac can have Carly out there all there time as far as I’m concerned, she’s great.

LtE126 on September 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Wow…just, wow.

That Hillary chick must be looking mighty fine for the Dems right about now…

Wyznowski on September 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Who is keeping the list of groups of Americans offended by the Obama campaign and its supporters? Time to add those in the Nortwestern part of the country.

Elizabetty on September 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM

media will report on this with the same fever devoted to Gov. Palin….when hell freezes over

jp on September 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM

The Libs like to yell “Liar!” at Bush, will they do the same to Obama in this case?

gmoonster on September 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM

That is not the Obama that I thought I knew…

Oh, wait…

BigWyo on September 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM

No no no no no, there are only terrorists on the right. Neo-Nazis, abortion bombers, etc. On the left they just call them freedom fighters and all is good. Ayers was just an overzealous freedom fighter.

Pope Linus on September 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Larry Kudlow next on Medved. Anther good guy to have on our side.

LtE126 on September 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM

This is the kind of stuff that has to have Howie Dean popping Tylenols like M&M’s right about now.

pilamaye on September 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Someone needs to look into that.

/sarc off ( or is it? )

jrlingreenbay on September 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM

I’ve lived in NY, SC and OR (amongst other places). The only time I came across the KKK, as out and about KKK members was when I was in NY.

rbj on September 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM

“a guy who lives in my neighborhood…”

“… regardless of how flimsy the relationship is …”

Can you pull a tendon rolling your eyes?

DrSteve on September 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM

The last 30 seconds of the sevenload video should have been enough to take both of them down.

Connie on September 15, 2008 at 3:20 PM

“Barack Obama is from Chicago – one of the most deadly, crime ridden cities in the world during prohibition – so many criminals and criminal enterprises – how can we elect someone to office who comes from the same area as Al Capone & John Dillinger?”

Here’s Obama’s Chicago…and he AIN’T from here,

today a city revenue worker was shot putting a “Denver boot” on a car on the southside.

LtE126 on September 15, 2008 at 3:21 PM

These guys are such losers. Hacks! All of you!

blatantblue on September 15, 2008 at 3:21 PM

In reference to the ‘Terrorist’ article..

Nice disclaimer and the end of your screed you cow.

BigWyo on September 15, 2008 at 3:22 PM

..this is…uh…uh.. not… uh.. the…uh…. nut that I used to know …uh….or admire.

Mcguyver on September 15, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Goes to show that somtimes Bill Ayres rides in the bus, other times he rides under it.

The truth may be that Bill Ayres is driving the bus.

Cicero43 on September 15, 2008 at 3:23 PM

I kind of like the music. It puts thinks in perspective.

bloggless on September 15, 2008 at 3:24 PM

My Lib friends insist Ayers makes no difference in judging Obama. Sheesh.

gmoonster on September 15, 2008 at 3:25 PM

that’s not the Willams Aryers i thought i knew

Mojack420 on September 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Can you pull a tendon rolling your eyes?

DrSteve on September 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM

You’re the doctor.. you should know.

We….uh… might need…uh… some advice on how…uh… to prevent….uh..pulled eye tendons… from the good ….uh…doctor, if…uh…this keeps..uh… up.

Mcguyver on September 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I agree if someone supports “Live Birth Abortions”, maybe they should get the death penalty.. Why not?

Killing a live born Baby is no different than killing a live adult person.

If you kill a Live born baby, it is murder.. just a fact.

If you do not give a Live born Baby, prompt medical care and the baby dies as a result, then it’s negligence and the person could be prosecuted.

Life is above Obama’s pay grade why does he get to make these decisions?

Chakra Hammer on September 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Good lord Barry. I bet the voices in your head haunt you at night.

TheHat on September 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM

More of Clinton’s attacks on Obama should be used.

AlexB on September 15, 2008 at 3:27 PM

words just words

right4life on September 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM

There is no evidence that Obama is a member of Al Queda or a pedophile either, but I doubt that you’ll see those words written by any “journalist”.

flenser on September 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Group hug.

Halley on September 15, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Bill…Bill…Bill…Who?

Oh, yea, uh…um…That guy who lives in my neighborhood…

The one I see occasionally when we take our kids to school…

yea…yea…that’s the ticket !

O! lied!, liberals cried !

RocketmanBob on September 15, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Can you pull a tendon rolling your eyes?

DrSteve on September 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM
You’re the doctor.. you should know.

In that 2nd video w/ Hillary, why was it so hard for him to spit out “…someone………….I know…”?

He makes Ken, off a “Fish Called Wanda” look like the guy who use to do the Micro Machine commercials.

TheHat on September 15, 2008 at 3:29 PM

The truth may be that Bill Ayres is driving the bus.

Cicero43 on September 15, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Sometimes you’re the bus windshield… and.. sometimes you’re the bug.

Mcguyver on September 15, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Wow, I’m glad there were never any radicals in Connecticut. Well, since I live near DC now, I should denounce the radicals in my demographic region:

I hereby disassociate myself from gun-grabbers, anti-school-choicers, and the Democratic Congress.

Phew, now I can be blessed by the NE liberal elite.

raybury on September 15, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Too bad nobody in the non-cyber world will ever hear about this.

SOMEBODY has got to get these things on TV.

Elizabetty on September 15, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Agreed.

The truth about Obama’s past is devastating enough to secure the White House for McCain/Palin. It’s a shame that Obama’s connections and past decisions don’t get a fraction of the scrutiny Palin’s 3rd cousin’s kindergarten teacher gets.

I’m glad to see that McCain has picked up in the polls. But with the election coming closer I’m also getting a bit worried that it might not be enough to ultimately win.

Just think about what Obama would do as president. Extrapolate from his past: the friends he chose, the decisions he made, the accomplishments that are noteworthy for their lacking.

What would make anyone think that Obama is really going to improve anything? His promise to do so? Like his promise to do townhall meetings with McCain? Or his promise to accept public financing of his campaign?

Even people who agree with his policies must be worried. I wouldn’t trust Obama with my stuffed animals.

evenfarer on September 15, 2008 at 3:32 PM

PLEASE email this to everyone you know.

marklmail on September 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

I forgot about Hillary saying this, “I wish the Republican would apologize for the disaster of the Bush/Cheney year and not run anybody. Just say that it’s time for the Democrats to go back into the White House.”

This exposes that at the base Democrats are not really democrats. They think they deserve to be elected. If this was the way things work then the Republican should have control of the House until 2036, because the Demos controlled it from 1952-1994.

If Hillary believes this, it must be a pretty widely held belief among the Democratic base. I think that this belief contributes greatly to the rage that the Demos have against Palin. And if you think the rage that they have about Palin is bad, just wait to see the rage after McCain/Palin are elected. Every mayor of the major cities in this country need to be prepared for the riots.

rockhead on September 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

It is not the association with Ayers here that is significant, but the millions he wasted in his position as an ‘executive’ with absolutely zero results that should speak louder.

Just as his campaign is now bleeding cash. Someone who can run a country?

CUS on September 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM

There is no evidence that Palin was ever affiliated with white-supremacist groups during her years in Idaho or at home in Alaska. On the other hand, the beliefs of ultraconservative, evangelical churches like her family’s come dangerously close to those of the Christian Identity movement of those years. Likewise, Palin’s husband was a member of a political party whose members favored secession for Alaska, suggesting an affiliation with radical antistatism.

Perhaps somewhere on the record, Palin has publicly condemned the radical politics of her region. But it is hard to know where she stands on issues of race, equality and diversity. Thus it is high time to review the cultural ideals and models of the radical rurals from the Great White Northwest and find out for sure where Gov. Palin stands.

Got it. Governor Palin once lived in Idaho, therefore we can legitimately examine whether she is a skinhead. Of course, Obama’s solid-as-concrete connection to Bill Ayers is met with a big HO HUM.

And they thought Joseph McCarthy was bad.

capitalist piglet on September 15, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Re: the Palin article, that’s got to be one of the most slanderous things I have ever read. All I can say is.. keep it up libs. It’s fun watching you fall off the cliff.

jewells45 on September 15, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Keep moving – nothing to see here.

Fuquay Steve on September 15, 2008 at 3:43 PM

I went to factcheck.org to check on Obama/McCain/Palin and noticed that a search for Ayers came up empty.

shick on September 15, 2008 at 3:43 PM

OT: Is it just me or is this thread

“New Obama ad: Hey, McCain’s a liar”

messed up and the one about Obama and Iraq completely missing?

Connie on September 15, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Bill Ayers is still largely unknown by most of the heathen left.

This will either fizzle or devastate.

Black Adam on September 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Obambi really wants to get rid of Ayers now. Wonder when he told us all to put “air” in our tires, may be it was a subliminal message to put “AYERS” in our tires, some Chicago code words to get rid of Ayers. :(

poxoma on September 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM

What the hell is Hilary dancing around for? She was being way to deferential. “Well, we know that this is something the Republicans will use…” No “sweetie” you needed to hit it harder apparently. That’s why you are riding the pine while Barry gets wiped all over the floor by McCain’s campaign team. God, I hope McCain has these Ayers ad ready to go next month!

JAM on September 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM

“But listen to the music… He’s evil!”

Beto Ochoa on September 15, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Thanks O’Reilly for asking the question of Obama for helping to make this possible.

And to think, people thought that he was going to throw a love fest of softballs at his great buddy, Obama.

Yeah. Heh heh heh heh …

wise_man on September 15, 2008 at 3:48 PM

I hope McCain has these Ayers ad ready to go next month!

JAM on September 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Yea, I hope they don’t use this ammo up too soon. Save it for the final month. Same thing with Wright. I want to see an ad where he’s shouting all his nonsense and a voice says “What does Obama have to say about his pastor of 20 years?”. Flash to Obama saying “What can I tell you.” from his O’Reilly interview.

BadgerHawk on September 15, 2008 at 3:50 PM

“This is not the Barack Obama that I once knew.” – Barack Obama

NoDonkey on September 15, 2008 at 3:50 PM

I read the hit piece and I have a question. If true, why do Oregon and Washington continually vote dem?

Given this article was written by a prof, asn furthered a Philly news outlet, then it must be true about clinging to guns and religion in small town America.

I’m convinced.

swami on September 15, 2008 at 3:59 PM

OT: Is it just me or is this thread

“New Obama ad: Hey, McCain’s a liar”

messed up and the one about Obama and Iraq completely missing?

Connie on September 15, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Oops…forgot the Iraq piece was in the left column, but the other is still messed up.

Connie on September 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Phew, now I can be blessed by the NE liberal elite.

raybury on September 15, 2008 at 3:31 PM

I live in the liberal wasteland that is New England (no, that NE in my signature is not for Nebraska), specifically CT. I’ll be putting my McCain sign on my front lawn shortly – it will be in good company as they are sprouting up here and there in CT and MA. Which is a “wicked shocka” (I grew up outside Bah-stun) but there it is – there is hope for this wasteland.

One. At. A. Time.

KrisinNE on September 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM

And what about his links to Raila Odinga in Kenya, Louis Farrakhan, Frank Marshall Davis, the Alinsky crowd, Hamas, Hezbollah, et al? These people are not just America haters; they are and were perpetual America haters. And it does not end here but this radical association goes into his religious leanings with Pflegger and Rev. J. Wright!

I never in my life thought I would see someone who is this linked to terrorism be a possibility for President. This is not just about fighting the Left anymore either. This is an all out war to save our country from certain annihilation from the most radical views of mankind that we have only observed from a distance. We have been able to view this type of ideology from afar as we look at Russia, East Germany, North Korea, parts of Africa, South America and solid Islamic countries. Now, this Marxist ideology is a breath away from giving us a more up close and personal look at what these countries have suffered, and are suffering under. Shockingly 45 million mind numbed, robots out there think Obama’s ideology is swell and are planning on pulling a lever for him come November. Not to sound elitist, but for those of us that have traveled to countries that suffer under a socialistic government or seen former East Berlin; I sometimes wish I could load those 45 million up and drop them off in one of these countries and see how long before they have a different view of America upon their exposure to the real world outside our boundaries. I do not think these Obama loving Americans could take the crude toilet paper, or the lack thereof! LOL!

I sincerely hope after this election is over, provided McCain does win, I hope the RNC and other groups attack this problem of knowing just how good we have it here in America and how democracy works. We may not be so lucky the next election, and one of these days the Dems may not have such a flawed candidate. Sometimes I think Obama might have just been a trial balloon.

freeus on September 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Steve Schmidt & Co. should get this raw footage, do a couple of professional :30 editing jobs on it, and run them in NYC every day for the next three weeks.

[dusts off hands]

greggriffith on September 15, 2008 at 4:06 PM

From Wikipedia, of all places…

The project appears to have failed to achieve any of its stated, measurable educational goals. For example, a comprehensive study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research concludes:

“Results suggest that among the schools it supported, the Challenge had little impact on school improvement and student outcomes, with no statistically significant differences between Annenberg and non-Annenberg schools in rates of achievement gain, classroom behavior, student self-efficacy, and social competence.”[5]

Not only was this organization founded by a terrorist, it was also a complete failure.

You know, you can put lipstick on a…

Dorvillian on September 15, 2008 at 4:09 PM

freeus on September 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM

And think about it: Obama praises China’s infrastructure by which he was so impressed during the Olympics! America must be doing something wrong and China must be doing something right!

evenfarer on September 15, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Clearly the only remaining question is – how are we going to move this conversation out of the shadowy blogosphere, and into the glaring light of a Presidential Debate?

Surely the media acolytes of The Truth and The Light are not going to be asking about Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko and Jeremiah Wright…or any of the underworld scum that prop up Obama.

Jaibones on September 15, 2008 at 4:18 PM

You know, Bill Ayers is a media whore, and it’s really too bad that someone capable of taking him on (certainly not O’Reilly) can’t lure him out into the open, especially since his book tour glorifying the Weathermen was so rudely interrupted by 9/11.

He wants to be heard!

Nichevo on September 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM

The libs just don’t care about Ayers.

ctmom on September 15, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Sweet! I don’t know who “Uncle Milty” is, but great job in sending this to Ace. I also love the new revelations found here.

He wants to be heard!

Nichevo on September 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I’m waiting for O’Reilly to do one of his ambush journalism pieces on Ayers/Dohrn, decamping on their doorstep. Normally I loathe that particular reporting technique, but in this case I think it’s perfectly appropriate.

Buy Danish on September 15, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Barackbook

evenfarer on September 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Pay no attention, this is just another Republican ‘distraction.

GarandFan on September 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM

I wish the Republican would apologize for the disaster of the Bush/Cheney years and not run anybody.

I wish the Democrats would have apologized for the disaster of the Clinton years and not run anybody in 2000.

Mr_Magoo on September 15, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Mcguyver on September 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Not that kind of Doctor. I can’t imagine med school would have done much for my raging hypochondria.

I heard Obama met with an economic team including Laura Tyson today. Can you imagine how that went?

Obama: Uhhhh, I ummm, well, …
Tyson: Okay, ‘kay? Okay.
Obama: Y’see, that’s the kind of, errr, ummm, …
Tyson: Okay! Uhhuh. Mmhmm. ‘Kay? Okay.

DrSteve on September 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I thought it was a very effective super-hero soundtrack.I thought that racist preacher Rev Wright was about to jump out at me at any time!!!!!

Marines for Mccain on September 15, 2008 at 4:50 PM

The libs just don’t care about Ayers.

ctmom on September 15, 2008 at 4:31 PM

No,looking at him is like looking in a full length mirror for them!!!

Marines for Mccain on September 15, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Too bad nobody in the non-cyber world will ever hear about this.

SOMEBODY has got to get these things on TV.

Elizabetty on September 15, 2008 at 3:14 PM

I agree,lets hook Hannity UP WITH THIS VIDEO!!!

Marines for Mccain on September 15, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Just as his campaign is now bleeding cash. Someone who can run a country?

CUS on September 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM

I disagree. I think not only is the association with Ayers enough, but much larger than the lack of results. Admittedly, it boggles my mind that McCain is not hammering on this association.

We are currently in a war on terror and one of our major Parties thinks it’s peachy to have their nominee friendly with a terrorist.

anuts on September 15, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Seriously, why isn’t colluding with terrorists a disqualifier for Othuga?

Dude loves him some radicals and terrorists. And a lot of people have voted for this nut.

(lame)

VolMagic on September 15, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Uh…………..(to be continued on next blog)………….

oakpack on September 15, 2008 at 5:18 PM

As an (ex-pat) Portlander, I can tell you that the only intolerance I’ve come across in the Northwest (a beautiful part of the country) is the aggressive intolerance by the Left.

Try going to a leftist rally in downtown Portland or Seattle with a McCain-Palin t-shirt and watch the response. (Far, far more negative than if you went to a with conservative demonstration with an Obama-Biden shirt; but that’s entirely hypothetical because that kind of rally would never take place.)

P.S. I spent a year in Philadelphia too, and loved it.

Tzetzes on September 15, 2008 at 5:28 PM

What a great example of why Barack Obama should never be elected President of the United States. Case closed!

Travis1 on September 15, 2008 at 5:36 PM

BTW, is it a nation law that the word received be spelled incorrectly? Every time I turn around, I see it misspelled in print ads, in “videos” and signs. Did all theses people miss that English class?

flytier on September 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM

BTW, is it a nation national law that the word received be spelled incorrectly? Every time I turn around, I see it misspelled in print ads, in “videos” and signs. Did all theses people miss that English class?

flytier on September 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM

flytier on September 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM

I before E, except after C, or if pronounced as Eh, as in neighbor and weigh.

Or weird, as I beleive believe Charlie Brown (or was it Beaver Cleaver?) found out when he misspelled it in class.

(…Now, if we could just people to spell yeah and yea right, and not as ya and yay. Ugh!)

Tzetzes on September 15, 2008 at 5:45 PM

So Obama wasn’t actually a “community” organizer, he was a “commie” organizer. Oh, you think that’s over the top? Then read this article.

Maxx on September 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM

I before E, except after C, or if pronounced as Eh, as in neighbor and weigh.

Tzetzes on September 15, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Also seize and caffeine..

Interestingly, science breaks the i-before-e-except-after-c rule, because the i and the e are part of separate syllables.
/grammar geek

Mary in LA on September 15, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Mary in LA on September 15, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Oh, good ones. Though with caffeine the E and I are also in separate elements: caffe-ine. Cf. ex. gr. nicot-ine and coca-ine, &c.

The OED gives this for seize:

“a. OF. saisir, seisir (mod.F. saisir) to put in possession, to take possession of, to take hold of = Pr[ovencal]. sazir (whence It. sagire):—Frankish Latin (8th c.) sacire in the phrase ad propriam (or ad proprietatem) sacire, to take into one’s own possession, to appropriate. As the word sacire is replaced by ponere in another example of the formula, its source is commonly believed to be the Teut. *satjan to place: see set v.1″.

(For what it’s worth.)

Tzetzes on September 15, 2008 at 6:30 PM

It really bothers me that Obama can lie so easily, not even miss a beat, just lie and stare and hold that lie as if it was reality. Among the many reasons why I find Obama rejectable.

Earlier, someone else mentioned Carly Fiorina — I agree, she’s an immense talent as spokesperson for the McCain campaign (or at least, offering her commentary as a McCain supporter), after hearing her earlier today. I would really enjoy hearing ongoing commentary from Fiorina, particularly as to Obama’s preposterous statements (“gaffes” is too nice a term to use in his regard).

S on September 15, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Good lord Barry. I bet the voices in your head haunt you at night.

TheHat on September 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM

What concerns me is that they probably do not haunt him.

S on September 15, 2008 at 9:37 PM