FRC Action Summit: Barbara Comstock on EFCA

posted at 12:50 pm on September 12, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

I spoke with Barbara Comstock about the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA), otherwise known as Card Check. Barbara has helped launch an opposition website, Save the Election, that promotes the activism needed to stop the elimination of the secret ballot in union-organizing elections:

I’ve written about the EFCA on several occasions here at Hot Air, including the link to the McGovern piece Barbara mentions:

We need to remain vigilant about this legislation.  It will force union organization on employees who don’t want it through intimidation, and give unions massive sources of funding to manipulate the political system.  It came close enough to passage this year, and in a Congress controlled by Democrats and a White House run by Barack Obama, it will sail into law — and our tradition of secret ballots will sail into the sunset.

Update: I’ll try again with the video.

Comments

I like the Barb. seen a few times on the tele and she’s pretty decent on the jibjab (the fighting style. not the flash cartoons)

Drunk Report on September 12, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Not seeing the video. Looks like it’s flash and not loading. Maybe it’s just me? I dunno.

D0WNT0WN on September 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Nope, it’s not loading. Must be getting hammered right now.

AubieJon on September 12, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Next it will be national elections that loose privacy so the Lib’s can insure they control Goverment.
Taking away the secret ballot is the mose egegress afront to the constitution of all time. A lib position that they have worked for many years.
Next they will try and outlaw right to work laws.
Whoppi! this is enslavement from your party.

Rick007 on September 12, 2008 at 1:06 PM

I like Barbara Comstock. I hate this legislation. When the Democrat Party has moved to the left of George McGovern it’s time to start building bunkers.

D0WNT0WN on September 12, 2008 at 1:53 PM

The Employee Free Choice Act has to have one of the most Orwellian names in recent memory.

Or maybe not- employees would be free to choose between voting for unionization, or to have their legs broken by the union thugs looking over their shoulders as they vote.

Hollowpoint on September 12, 2008 at 2:34 PM

This is something McCain could seize on especially when addressing Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. While union leaders might like this bill, I can’t imagine union members like it. All you need is the line, “Obama wants to remove your right to a secret ballet.”

Buford on September 12, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Am I still in the United States of America? That this would even be up for discussion is insanity.

pannw on September 12, 2008 at 4:20 PM